Free Games Thread

LET'S HAVE A THREAD ABOUT GOOD FREE GAMES

There are so many video games out there that you have to pay for that you'll never hear of, much less play all of them. Now let's look further into games that you don't have to shell out for.

One good one is Rodina, or this one in the image Rekinder.

Other urls found in this thread:

shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/MBT/MBT_page.html
battlelog.co/
frozen-bubble.org/home/
fb-win32.sourceforge.net/
anamanaguchi.wetransfer.com/downloads/a697e95f98bf5f859dc5a78f394ad6f720160406171459/34b540
f-game.jp/
freem.ne.jp/
freegame-mugen.jp/action/download.html
dl.game-island.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To get the obvious ones out of the way so more time can be spent on the hidden gems.

All games are free

I've tried to talk about this game a bunch of times but I don't think anybody here has played it, as it's not even mentioned in sourcemods threads.

Really good fps, great atmosphere and worldbuilding, maps can be a little confusing, but the whole thing is a fucking romp to play through.
Made by a woman, all by herself as far as I understand it, although I might be wrong.

Sorry user, horror games give me chest pains and so I medically and mentally can't handle it.

The fact that this picture hasn't been updated in years proves that good freeware games ended after '11

Khimera: Destroy All Monstergirls is a short but surprisingly good arcadey platformer on Steam. The mechanics are kind of unpolished (no acceleration or air momentum, your main attacks have almost no range), and the sprite art is kind of low quality, but there's something snappy about it which I really enjoyed. The game has about 20 stages, but each of them has many collectables and you'll miss plenty on your first time through.

OST is really good, too. I wouldn't want to pay money for it (or at least I wouldn't want to pay more than the $1 the maid outfit DLC costs), but it was a pleasant surprise which held my interest for eight hours or so.

It's not a horror game, it's just an FPS

Actually wait no. I remember seeing G String when I was looking through HL2 Mods on Moddb. I can't beleive they actually finished it. They had it marked as cancelled.

Yeah my bad, I remember seeing the trailer but it slipped my mind. You should try Get a Life and UnderHell mods. They are pretty entrancing.

The freeware scene is pretty dead, yeah. There's a few fangames that come to mind but I guess otherwise it's just total conversion Sourcemods now.

I have played most of Underhell, I should probably get back to it at some point

shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/MBT/MBT_page.html This too.

right around the time Minecraft was officially released, what a coincidence.

Notch is an evil demon

slav memesters that make up the majority of shitposters on Holla Forums arent interested in free games because theyre only interested in what they 'cant have'. pirated games make them feel wealthier, and alcohol lets them believe that.

with that said, try out meteor, meteor 2 and rod for some top down shooting
notrium for a survival game
pixelships for some kind of weird gradius meets pokemon starfighter collecting game.
space fortress for something that resembles missile command

I must shill this game. It's free, it's fully moddable and it's great. And I'm the only player on the game please help

Battlefield 2 and 2142 are free now, at least until EA sues the fuck out of them

battlelog.co/

Old, and Linux game, but still fun: frozen-bubble.org/home/
Windows port: fb-win32.sourceforge.net/

It's pretty much the old bust-a-move arcade game.

So PC Wipeout?

freedoom us good
CapsuleSilence XXIV is good for a laugh and some music anamanaguchi.wetransfer.com/downloads/a697e95f98bf5f859dc5a78f394ad6f720160406171459/34b540
Sonic before and after the sequel.
Xonotic is ehh.

I haven't played it but I hear "What If Adventure Time Was A 3D Anime" is pretty good game-play wise. But the name makes me want to get chemo

Didn't M.U.G.E.N. go down like, forever ago?

You're a true patrician taste nigga. I've been able to experience this game since it was early in dev, and it's only gotten better. I suggest any anons into AG racing to get this instead of Formula Fusion.

By the way, there's a Discord server for it somewhere in the Steam forums. S'pretty chill, come join if you want.

If you're OK with RPGMaker games then OFF is ok, I hear space funeral and mogeko castle are good. And there a TON of Lisa and yume nikki clones, like .flow, or yume 2kki

If you're willing to wade through a bunch of trash then gamejolt.com and itch.io have a lot of shit too. Like Sort the Court!, Zineth, and DeIz

wow, just wow, summer season really kicks in!

alien swarm and alien swarm: reactive drop are both freeware and in my opinion they're good

alien swarm: reactive drop is basically the same as the first one but with more maps

Aye, matey. But we need to look games which nobody has to pay for them, like flash games.

Good times. Is there a way to play it in multiplayer besides local co-op?

Neat

Sites to find free japanese video games:
f-game.jp/
freem.ne.jp/
freegame-mugen.jp/action/download.html
dl.game-island.info/

I once found Kanoguti lurking through those sites and shared with Holla Forums. Loads of hidden gems