Games that let you manually fire artillery

What are games that let you rain exploding shells at enemies from really long distances?

Games that let you fire artillery.

BF1942 had arty.

Red Orchestra 1 had that, and there's a game called Fog of War but it's in early access, another WW2 game, and doesn't know if it wants to be RO, BF or DoI.

Men of War

I miss Refractor Battlefield
Bad Company was ok as a spinoff, everything else was trash.

EDF kinda.

PR has deployable mortars and off map artillery

I manually fired a batch of piping hot prostate polliwogs into your Dad's stinking shit shaft last night, faggot.

>>>Holla Forums

Last I checked that had some bad armor balance. Guess which side is weighing in a bit heavy?

Jagged Alliance 2 has mortars, with loads including explosives, smoke, tear gas, mustard gas, and illumination.
The 1.13 mod has mortar strikes you can call in from a radio if a friendly militia in a nearby tile, or if you have friendly mercs in a nearby tile and you drop a signal flare. The former can only be called once per battle and only features explosives, the latter is limited by their ammunition and can drop any shell type.
There's also a feature buried in the code but never added to the game to have an airplane carpet bomb an area.

Who are you quoting?

Artillery was an entire class of mech and weapons in Chromehounds, and they were pretty fun to build and play since you had to take into account some fucking atrocious recoil on some of the better weapons. Unfortunately it also resulted in a lot of really unfun pvp matches where some squads would just memorize places to stand and angles to shoot at to hit every base location from all the way across the map and unless you were doing the same thing or using really fast but also heavily armed designs there was pretty much no way to beat them.

Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars has artillery. As do two mods for Warband from what I remember, Nova Aetas and a mod called Blood and Steel. The former has Renaissance-era cannons in field battles while the latter has crazy handheld cannons, such as a Chinese/Korean style volley launcher akin to the Hwacha that shoots exploding fire arrows.

ArmA 2/3 stock, but specifically with ACE mod is about as autistic as you can get. Here's an hour long tutorial

World of Tanks don't play it.

Like never seeing the enemy? Like watching diamonds appear on the map? Like being the reason the commander locks the vehicle factory? Empires might just be for you!

Does Men of War count?

Muh nigger
I miss the golden age of Half Life 2 mode just as much as I miss the modding golden age of the OG

Read thread

wow of course you want to play a game where you dont need to have any skill and just get kills for free from long distance. why dont you play a real mans game and fight face to face

protip: if thats too hard for you git gud

This is funnily enough a criticism I often hear come up of real artillery and even mortar units in the US Army. Namely, they're cowards because they don't shoot line-of-sight. Funny how nobody says anything about riding in a Stryker instead of advancing on foot and getting shot at like a man. If you'd rather spray bullets blind at everything like an Arab than have different weapons for different tasks go right ahead.

I thought the textures looked kinda familiar. #wow #whoa

Get the fuck >>>/out/

which came first, ranch or cool ranch?

ayy

But Men of War lets you manually control units, so doesn't that technically count?

It does

It's from a bird's-eye-view and you're not really interacting with the artillery, it counts but not what OP and thread is looking for.

Gears of War

Thanks tor making me realize artillery is boring, OP. And I was excited.

The SPMA, from UT2K4. I loved it on Island Hop. You could fire out a hovering droid that had a camera and allowed you to choose coordinates to fire artillery strikes

I've been trying to use a grenade launcher as a mortar in BF2. This only works if I get commander position and see where my shots land, and even then it's really hard to actually score kills with it. It's incredibly satisfying when it works though. I can see this maybe being used in clans where a group of people stand around a supply crate/support and spam grenades across the map all day as some form of mini-artillery.

This, but it has to be the Editor's Choice edition or the version GOG sells now. Basic UT2K4 did not have the SPMA or Cicada vehicles, IIRC

I bought a boxed copy of UT2k4 for about $12 in late 2005 when I built my first gaymen pc. At some point, I saw there was a freely available patch to add all the Editor's Choice Edition features to it, so I downloaded and installed it (was quite a big patch, >1 GB if I recall).

I don't know if the game necessarily prompts you to install the patch or if you have to opt-in to it by going out and looking for it, but it's there.

In arma 3 koth you can grab SP arty and bomb players from a distance

The United States Army, hooah.

good times

Metal Gear 5 lets you fire mortars, but they're only midrange at best.

I found that in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, other than the actual artillery and airstrikes you get from the support class, you can also use the mortar launcher soldiers get, and rifle grenades as an improvised mortar.

Foxhole lets you do it

Desert Combat also had MLRS Which I still shamefully blow myself up with from time to time.

Can you play JA2 with just your starting squad and totally ignore the whole base / rebel mechanic? I just want tactical shootans and can't stomach management shit.

Was about to say this.

you're legitimately shilling it again

Arma is the game series you want.

Mount and Blade warband; napoleonic wars has cannon firing, though depending on the map you may require a friend

Wot?
You don't get any bases/rebel mechanics in JA2. You capture towns and train niglets to defend them.

I honestly enjoy exterminatus on Space Marine if only for the purpose of long range supporting other people by raining blue hell rain onto the battlefield.
It ends up being really depressing that I don't see this in other games for shit, because it feels more like a side effect of the game focusing on being a solid form of balance more than anything.