Dragons Dogma on GOG

Damn son, I really hope CDProjekt starts upping their game and actually start giving out more competition to Steam.

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens
otakutale.com/2017/overlord-season-2-announced/
gog.com/connect
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Pffft, small potatoes/type/op/page/3/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/ Hitman studio Io Interactive suffers layoffs/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/jNvlpZzGkcE9vE+2IxNo6g==/page/2/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/yxJYyQOuVQQgMsdGHCuacA==/page/3/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/jNvlpZzGkcE9vE-2IxNo6g/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/sfpXTYE7MQEEApLNbEY_hA/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dragon's Dogma thread?
Do you think there will be DD2 at E3?

Is the steam monopoly finally going to end?

I hope so.

Not even close, I don't think except for Witchers and some old style RPGs(like Torment: Numanuma) I've seen a game come to GoG on their release date

Holy shit, that's fantastic news. I already played to death on Steam, but for anyone still on the fence now has options.
DD2 when?

When the industry burns down and capcom realizes that maybe making fun games will be a better decision

Fucking A. Too bad I already own it on steam. I'm not going to buy the game a second time.
Glad to see more and more games available in drm free versions.

what the fuck
are the servers gone or something?

From what I gather, the GoG version uses Galaxy for the pawn system and the online Ur Dragon.

Fucking awesome
Now gog just needs to get e.y.e. and kicking simulator and I can finally get the steam malware off my pc for good

This might actually be a benefit to new players so they won't end up fighting a gen 10000 ur dragon with a gajillion hp.

As much as I love DD i'm not buying it again for a fourth time.

oh, so it's the same shit as steam

Same, I'd also have to reapply all my lewd clothes and armor mods.

Galaxy is optional and you can play the game without it, that isn't the case with Steam.

where is the gog installer?

post your characters and pawns you fags

pawn on the right

Fucking faggot, be gone.

you stupid nigger

I may be stupid, but I am not a nigger.

Better hope people buy it user, or else Capcom will believe that no one wants new Dragon's Dogma games.

the only reason to buy the PC version it's a great update to a game that struggled on its native hardware. 60 fps, better graphics, smoother performance, higher resolutions, some light modding.

if there was a reason to buy a game twice, that was it.

At this point, Capcom just believe that we want Dragon's Dogma, no sequels, just the game times and time sover.
How come Capcom can't make a sane decision?

How will Valve recover.

wait, I forgot, there's one reason you shouldn't buy the PC version

there's no swordsman or white hawk armor sets

didn't they just do that already though? although it makes me think that they are working on it since they are re-releasing the game on everything.

In my defense my 360 broke years back and never bought a replacement. I still have my 360 copy and I used to look at it and the thought of buying a 360 to replay the game always crossed my mind. That is no longer the case.

DD2 at E3 with Itsuno getting unlimited funding?

besides, they were really nice and well rounded sets and I used them quite a bit when I was accessorizing my character. The swordsmans cloak is one of the best looking cloaks in the game.

knowing capcom they'll probably make DD2 and only release it on PS4 pro and xbox scorpio. Then they'll fill it with shitty DLC and clock the game at 30 fps with frequent dips.

I dont think unlimited funding is a good idea, sure some devs get screwed over by budget but if you keep pouring money into a game you're gonna get something like star citizen or final fantasy 15. It either never comes out or it gets remade and re designed like 5 times over.

No links?

are you telling me you're so lazy you can't just type in 3 letters into a search box and click the first link you see?

they made it into the splash for the front page too.

Nah

You misunderstand, I said nothing of buying it.

Wait, does this mean working online on pirated copies?

Selling more dota 2 hats.
In 3 weeks they got 40 million dollars for free, basically.

TIME TO DRINK IODINE ONCE AGAIN

1 hat, actually.
Valve made the kunkka prestige item, all others are community-made

dragon's dogma is a beserk game in all but name.

if the game included more demons than daemon, and let me make mozgus, then it would be perfect. The millenium falcon arc was pretty alright, personally I thought the beserker armor was stupid but whatever. The fantasia arc is just fucking garbage though.

Mercedes is cute and not a she-goat!

Mercedes is my waifu.

Well, every main female character in Dragon's Dogma is my waifu
And Valmiro too.
But not the blond jew cowtits. Fuck her.

I've heard they have licensing issues even getting the fucking japanese voices on PC. Voices. Between that, the armor sets, and Into Free, Dogma sure sees a lot of copyright faggotry.

Let's hope. I'm gonna pick this up

after I clear my blacklog

I honestly don't know what's up with consoletards anymore.
There are people who paid full price for the ps4 version of GTA San Andreas, a 10 year old game that runs on any mobile phone better than it does on the ps4.

it honestly seems like it was just capcom bullshitting than anything. They probably didn't feel like spending any more money on the PC port than they had to, hence why they cheaped out on everything.

And PCtards paid full price for an 11 year old PSP port that can be emulated just fine on any mobile phone (see: Disgaea 2). Modern gamers are retards regardless of what platform they prefer.

The same as here retards keeping bad business practices profitable. The retards are in every platform and ruining things for everybody else

That is if they even pay in the first play.
Nice bait. Made me reply.

Could be the development history of DD was a train wreck I swear capcom wanted the game to fail would explain why they quickly turned it into a Japanese only free to play mmo.

where do people like you come from and why do people like you post here?

And they managed to fuck that up good, too. The only thing that game did right was all the improvements to warrior.

Apparently it or Deep Down will be the gsme Itsuno will unveil at E3 according to a rumor. As a PS4 exclusive

deep down looked pretty cool but the "gameplay" was so fucking fake looking.

Stop, theres also rumours about Monster Hunter PS4 exclusive, Bloodborne 2, FromSoftware Switch exclusive, Persona 5 Switch.

Its not happening, we all know this shit is nothing but Sonygger/Nintentoddler bickering

So how will the GOG version handle the online parts of the game?

gog galaxy

here, but do not drop it.

Yeah PS3 to STEAM but I will skip the gog release this time around. It's a nice discount and all but the servers are refreshed. None of the steam stuff comes across online. The whole point of GOG's Galaxy was to not divide the playerbase but it's always fucking do it. CAPCOM dun goofed by not releasing there in the first place.

on the bright side, ur dragons back to gen 1 so you can get some easy gear from that.

I could never suffer through that grind.

Old RE games on GoG when Capcom?
W
H
E
N

i'm a fag so I usually just wait for the grace period

or it means that Dragons Dogma finally is DRM free and you can pirate it without giving up a single shekel.

Why do you even care if some of the worst ports in history are drm-free? If I were you i'd be worrying about having my C: deleted when uninstalling the game who the fuck did this anyway? I don't remember

Dragon's Dogma is one of those weird games where I want to replay it, but then don't right after the urge comes back. The world becomes a slog to go through because nothing changes until a big story point, so you just use port crystals. BBI is no fun allowed damage sponges so I always lose interest and never really make progress there.

I don't remember specifically ether. I think it was several games made by Bungie.

Nigger, read the OP

Wish that doujin had some actual sex scenes in it.

still no link to the gog installer. waht happened to my Holla Forums board

kill yourself kike

I will shitpost until the day to end all days comes along.

A Japanese game on GOG directly from a Japanese publisher? Wow that's pretty amazing.

Ofcourse years after Steam because pubs only give a shit about Steam and Windows cause that's were the normalfaggies are but lets not ruin the mood.

gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens

sounds so Jewish that it would turn Mark into an antisemite

it's not abandonware if the developers didn't abandon the license :^)

It sounds so jewish mark's parents would own him again so they can fight the greater jew.

only one parent now

Go on..

so Jewish that Marks parents would unironically wish the Holocaust was real

LOL

reminds me of

Here, have the superior version. And always remember:
FOREVER EVER

my mom died from colon cancer, and my step father took the money and ran. life is shit.

well there's a mental image that will never leave my mind.

The industry fucking hates GOG.

Steam is easy to deal with. Not only does Valve give you DRM they also give you DATA. The ability to track every action of your customer is priceless.

Meme police please go.

THAT KIRBY MUSIC PLAYING FOREVER EVER IN MY HEAD

No.
I'll be watching you, sonny.

I'm not kirby user.
But anyway I went to the doctor when my mother got pregnant and I overheard my father say "3 thunders fell in the same place".
Apparently they have been fucking nonstop ever since before I was born and I only found out when I was a teenager and caught them in the act.

Its ok Marky boy, all our mothers are going to die as well.

Never Ever is dead

You have to be 18 or older to post here, get the fuck out.

You're not supposed to fug once you have kids user, that's not cool

It lives in many forms, user. Everlasting. aiko is better

Get the fuck out you filthy chink!

that happen to me recently, whats worse is that my bathroom and my parent's room and next to each other
as soon as i realize what just happen and googled kirby pinball title theme

I wish there was a better way to share pawns.

Good joke but 2015/2016 killed it

Alrighty then, where's my Overlord season 2?

Wow, neat.
I'll actually buy it now.

I won't triple dip with this game but I'm happy people have options.

Fuck it, I might as well give you the full story, so as you may or may not know my mom died from colon cancer. What hurts me more isn't the fact that she's dead since she died without regrets, which is all I can ask for. What hurts is that my step father cheated on her and that my family situation is fucked.

Prior to all of this my father lost his store to some Jew in the city, since the Jews raised the rent and my father closed the store due to rising rents. If you live around Manhattan, it was the store on the corner of 38th and closed around the time JnL opened up shop. So this was about around the time of the Exodus in 2014, I would guess around Christmas 2014.

So my mother was helping me with the financials since autism bucks don't pay that much and I didn't have a job. When my mother got sicker, I asked my father to help me out with some debts.

So I ask him for a few hundred and then later on he tells me that I owe him 900 dollars, after my mother dies. And that if he'll excommunicate me from him if I don't pay it off. I have this part time job I work at, so I don't make a ton of money, but it covers the bills. Not telling you what it is for obvious reasons. So when I originally refused, he got my brothers involved and emotionally exploited them to get my to pay off my father. Anyway I'm giving him about 250 a month. I love him, but he's a con man, a Jew and a real piece of shit.

My brothers and I weren't always close as well, in fact I think my younger brother hates me for god knows what reason. While my older brother always assaulted my little brother and I. It got to the point where my step dad kicked him out of the house, which is probably the first time in my life that I actually felt safe in my own home. This is where I start to warm up to my step father. My brother found god which was around 10 years prior to my mothers death, now he has a wife and kids. Which is good, but this is the part that hurts the most.

I looked to my step father as a father figure, he was more of a father figure than my actual dad. It was the first time I actually trusted someone whole heatedly, we talked politics and the local news. for the first time in my life I had a REAL father unlike the piece of shit that is my actual father. So after mom's death we did the mourning and all that shit, then when the time comes to collect my mothers belongings, he legally got mom to sign a paper saying that he keeps everything, not only that but he kicked my older brother, his wife and their kids out of the summer house, while my younger brother is moving into my grandma's house after the summer.

Not only that but it turns out he was cheating on my mother with another woman. So not only does he keep the money and not only did he lie supporting us, but he was also cheating on my mother with a harlot. So why I'm in such a rough spot isn't about the money, nor is it about losing my mom since she died of natural causes, but rather it's the betrayal of my step father. The first man I actually trusted and considered more of a father than my actual father back stabbed me and my family for some harlot.

With that said I'm willing to forgive him if he ever apologized and gave us like 50k to 100k to make up for the shit we're going through. Anyway there's probably a few details I'm missing and all of that shit, but that's the basic story. So not only did my mother die, but my father is mooching off of me, my step father betrayed me, my younger brother hates me and my older brother is a broke family man who's dependent on god to provide. Talk about a rough situation.

The files for Guts and Griffiths armor and weapons were not removed, they're just null items you can't get by normal means. So even if you use certain tools to add them to your character's inventory they're just junk items you can't do anything with other than read their flavor text.

Holy moly, my character looked just like that more loli though

Be careful what you wish for. I'm pretty sure DD was a happy accident. If they were to make another one I'm sure they'd fuck it up one way or another.

good
fuck berserk faggots

You're probably right. Also, whatever happened to "Deep Down" or is that vaporware? Any chance the DD MMO will come stateside?

I try to avoid lolis. Lolies in thong I come across I throw to the brine. Anyways, you're a man of taste.

Life has up and downs kike, just remember to give worth to the little you got and think that there are countless people in worse situations and with shittier lifes.
Just keep your head up and sustain your basic needs so you can play vidya.
Nice blogpost faggot

There's no elemental balance. Holy magic obliterates everything post-grigori, only one enemy is weak to dark magic:

a fucking skeleton dressed up like a priest.
with a pet dragon that's weak to holy magic

So will GoG players essentially have their own pawn network, or will they be able to interact with pawns from people playing the steam version too?

I fucking love Aliantos' work

Probably their own through Gaylaxy.

Not unless they figured out a way to have the GoG Galaxy client read shit on steam servers.

Well shit, I guess I'll probably pick it up anyway since I never finished the xbox version and passed on the steam version but it's a little disappointing that the pawn community will be split yet again.

shit I didn't even know he released a new one.

Yep, along side Half-Life 3 and Beyond Good and Evil 2

It's almost as good as Swing Bobby Swing and Start Puffing Boy, but easily better than his earlier KOTH edits.

new neighbors is probably my favorite.

I'll definitely say that New Neighbors is better than Peggy's Massage

I didn't like the extended music sections, and the editing was way too heavy.

I wish this game had as many degenerate mods as Skyrim.

I'd totally fuck with that.

Are they still developing games after Huniecam?

Haven't heard shit since then, magical trips man: but the dude's so loaded he could release a game about touching dicks that one time in highschool when I was 17.

In the works as we speak.

otakutale.com/2017/overlord-season-2-announced/

Fingers crossed. Steam's pretty shit.
Unfortunately, my early days of gaming mean that I've already invested a fairly large lot into steam. Suffering.

That's just slang for never ever and you know it.

More like your post is just slang for "I got BTFO and i don't have any counter-arguments".

Why?
The show, and comic, are both shit, centered around a guy who sits around planning and doing fuck-all, hanging around with massive assholes and scumbags.
The only time things looked up was with the lizardman arc, and they were against the guys we were supposed to be rooting for.
Everything about the group everything's supposed to center around is shit. The MC's a dull shell who never even considers or puts a moment's thought into his sudden loss of humanity, or its effect on his mind. You know, stuff that'd actually be interesting. Hell, I'd be happy just for someone applying modern knowledge to this fantasy realm. Say, economics, or farming techniques, or medicine, and so on.

Incidentally, lizard a qt

Dark Souls on GOG soon.

SOON.

And you don't have the second season of overlord

I have to say, Dragon's Dogma was a perfect example of a DRM-free game. It was leaked a week before release, which ended up building hype for it because it was good, the game came out at $30 or $40 rather than $60, and it was greatly improved by online features. I'm going to e-mail Capcom and see if they'll give me a GOG key as I already have the Steam version.

God I hope so. I fucking hate having Steam installed on my computer, though I've been resistant to using it and haven't played any games through it in several months.

If they remove windows live it would also mean pirated multiplayer. Would be fucking cool to actually play with anons.

I'm pretty sure windows live was removed years ago.

Have you considered that it might be fun to root for the villain every once in a while?

Muh dik

Windows Live was removed from DS years ago brah

Yes, but in such an instance I prefer the villain to be likable, and more importantly, to actually do shit. Simply being interesting, alone, would help.
Especially when they're already on the top of the world, so to say.

I've got no problem with watching a thing where the bad guy marches up, builds himself an empire, and runs around being charismatic or otherwise enjoyable.
But what we've got here is a flat wall of a man who's only interesting factor is he's a skeleton, who's already amassed a fuckhuge army, and a metric ton of power, who's spending his energy fighting some fucking tribals in the middle of nowhere, instead of, say, making his own nation and taking over shit.

Unnecessary cruelty, in any case, is never fun to watch, unless it's done by a guy you're rooting against. Not to say you can't be cruel, bud mindless nonsense is just boring. It's a case of "Yeah, okay the guy we're rooting for just curbstomped that thing for no reason". Big fuckin' whoop. Nothing changes, nothing moves forward, it wasn't a challenge, it was boring.
Everything is so goddamn boring.

Contact GOG and Capcom and ask them to put it up on; gog.com/connect
That's what I'm doing.

Fuck that would be amazing

I had a lot of fun with Lost Planet MP. Good shit.

Maybe soon.

You can use the DS Connectivity Fix, works really well, you can manually set which pool you go to, or add specific user.

Fucking all my money

Holy shit, I have to use GOG more.

Here's some actual confirmation too.

New pawn sheet? I've been wanting to do a Berserk playthrough.

No Berserk armor on PC brah.

Fuck this shit, it happened on 4chan and now it's happening here.

You don't need the actual Berserk content to do a Berserk playthrough if you're creative enough

Get out, those fuckers literally ruined this board during the months leading to the Bitcher 3.

You know nothing about shilling
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Pffft, small potatoes/type/op/page/3/
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/ Hitman studio Io Interactive suffers layoffs/
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/jNvlpZzGkcE9vE+2IxNo6g==/page/2/
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/yxJYyQOuVQQgMsdGHCuacA==/page/3/
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/jNvlpZzGkcE9vE-2IxNo6g/
>boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/sfpXTYE7MQEEApLNbEY_hA/

I am so fucking glad I stopped using cuckchan.

How to make Mercedes' escort quest reappear ion the notice board? In case of all remaning NPCs you could just raise their disposition with gifts and quest would be up on the board again. It doesn't seem to work with Mercedes, and I really want that shield.

Wait, weren't pawn and game data stored on Capcom servers?

Here. Why is there so many loli pawns on higher levels?

That's because it has almost no impact on his psyche due to undead's racial trait. Momonga's emotions and most impulses are more or less dulled because of it.

Because the kind of people who will painstakingly make their loli pawns have a high overlap with the kind of people devoted enough to level way the fuck up.

That's probably for the console versions.

I believe mercedes quest is a time limted quest, as in when it appears it wont reappear until newgame

Doesn't make it any less shit, mate.
In fact, all it ends up being is a shitty excuse not to explore something actually interesting potentially about the character.

because those were the people that played when the game came out. Getting to level 200 isn't too hard, just go bully death for a while.

I spent almost 300hr playing the PC release last year, I don't know if I have the strength for another replay or two.

I'm probably going to do MA this time, my original character was a sorcerer and that was dull as shit. Cool spell animations, but standing around holding a button for a minute to cast everything and spamming fireballs for so much of the game was fucking tedious.

Offline Urdy shits out tons of experience if you pop one of those EXP booster items, and he goes down in a minute or two if you have a halfway decent weapon. A Bitterblack weapon will melt him so fast that the only real limit on speed is the framerate drops whenever he so much as clenches his sphincter.

I always see people complain that sorcerer is just holding a button and waiting. There's always a 100% correlation between these people and people who never used necromancy, miasma, or any other spell that wasn't one of the heavy hitters.

The charge time isn't even longer than level 9 moves for a lot of other vocations, like Arc of Deliverance and Gamble Draw, and a lot of spells you should be using have practically no charge time.

I don't remember how much I used any of those, was necromancy the one where you get the little skulls floating around? It was cool but I don't remember it being particularly effective.

Drink bleach

Arc is a close range sword move that requires good positioning and timing, while Gamble literally lets you control the arrow in midair
Calling down meteors just looks cool

There we have it, but yeah, necromancy was the skulls. It seems pointless until you realize it's a preventative measure to be used before you're spotted. Bandits, dire wolves, harpies, and other nuisance enemies that keep you from casting go down in one skull, and you get five when you upgrade the skill. Miasma is a lingering field that poisons and drains HP from your enemy. Bland as fuck, right? Well, shit goes off almost instantly, and when you spam it, the effect stacks enough that even Death has a hard time getting through it without being knocked on his ass and getting a nice chunk of his life taken in the process. There's also the joy of holy shotgun that I forgot to mention in my last post, which is when you charge the basic attack of your staff when it's been enchanted with holy. This is so brokenly overpowered that the only monsters that can do a damn thing about it are online Ur Dragon and Daimon's second form. All of these moves are fast to get off and prevent sorcerer from becoming wait 8 hours for spell to go off like in DD Online. Spells in that game literally have cast times of up to 30 seconds or longer.

Oh yeah I remember the holy staff thing, that was what I was using for most of the everfall. I don't think I ever used miasma though, it was all meteors, high glicels, fireballs, lightning whips and tornados.

I did the same thing until I got to Bitterblack and found out that it was almost impossible to get one of those big spells off when you're in a small space with three garms trying to rape you. I discovered the usefulness of miasma when I was trying out the lesser known spells to find something faster to cast so it could be effective on BB, and it never came off my staff after that.

High Fulmination literally lets you use your pawns as conductors to trap enemies in a grid of electricity and fry them to death.

Valmiro is my husbano.

That's still just standing around while your AI pawns that you can barely ever control run around doing whatever

It's like saying you use your staff to summon meteors from the sky onto a single point to damage an enemy that is currently assailing you, just a ton of words that ultimately mean fucking nothing

Like "a close range move that requires good positioning and timing"? Or plainly describing what Gamble lets you do?

'tis a portcrystal, master

The operative phrase there is "lets you do"
Watching an animation is not gameplay, and neither is watching your pawns do something for you(or not do something for you, as is generally the case)

Those are niche actions, we're talking about dynamic mid-combat movement, which you cannot adequately direct

But that's the bad ending

To be fair the canon ending is pretty much a bad ending too. Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.

The good ending is the one where you take the dragon's deal

Which the player sometimes can't even do themselves.

That sad thing is killing your loved one or whoever the dragon mistakes for your loved one really is the closest thing to a good ending DD has.

Well, I don't see the point of continuing the conversation, since you've obviously never used Fulmination. It is way more effective at close range (by which I mean at least double if not triple the damage by moving just a foot) which requires you to carefully consider when to cast it and to keep moving while it's active, and changing from the basic AOE to the pawn conduction is an active choice that requires a button press. It is not "watching an animation" by any stretch. Even if we were still talking about Bolide, saying that it's not gameplay because it's an attack that takes place over time after the spell has been cast is moronically simplistic, since carpeting the area with meteors and suppressing enemies buys you time to perform other actions.

Really, once you've positioned yourself (like you do before casting Fulmination) and release the button, Arc of Deliverance is also just "watching an animation". Really the only difference is that you get bonus damage for certain timing on the button release, if you think that's a layer of depth to the gameplay worth getting this autistic over.

At least you get to end the shitty cycle, and bring about a world what isn't tied to repeating the same shit, over and over again.
Stagnation like that is cancer.

I ended up having that princess chick, as who the dragon offered. Rather hilarious, because I didn't even like her. I assumed she had some private quest she wanted me to take care of, and next thing I know, she's being strangled by some ancient asshole, I try to take a swing at him, end up just putting my hand on his shoulder, and the chick sells me out and has me whipped in jail.
Nearly took the deal, after that, honestly. She's a bit of an asshole.

Every ending is bad thanks to
the cycle of eternal return

Well, as God you can throw Simone to the Brine.

Came for the golden idol
stayed for the loli pussy

Yeah, basing that just on who's affection you last maxed out was pretty fucking retarded.

It was pretty confusing to watch my Arisen making out with Fournival at the end of my first playthrough, I will say.

The truth is that the good ending was cut.

Guts' armor is my favorite set in the whole game and the sole reason I have yet to finish even a single playthrough on PC. Every time I get to that cave I just ragequit in disgust.

PS4/XBone rerelease is coming along with a Japanese PC release. I swear if those jap pieces of shit renew the licenses for those versions but don't patch it into the PC version, I will throw a nuclear bitchfit

BERSERK
ARMOR
MOD
FUCKING
WHENNNNNNN

The only winning move is not to play. go to bitterblack isle like the alchemist and never look back.

Oh shit wait, you mean the Duke's wife.
Optimal strategy is to never speak to her

aww, lucky. Fournival is the best romantic partner in the game, periapts and charms any time of day.

Booze Witch is second best, even though I don't remember her name.

Yep, that's the one.
I didn't want to cuck nobody. I just thought she had some sekcrit quest what needed to be done quiet like.

Still would have liked to moved with her to the forest she was in. The Arisen's Cassardis house is a shithole

And Shegoat lives in a castle and she still chooses to live with you.

Not to mention with how much gold you've made playing hard mode, you could probably buy the whole town.

Every time man

Dark Arisen had really fucking good lore, it's a shame it was all just thrown in as a glorified book

Also I just realized Daimon is an apostle

The curse of every new Arisen.

I cant think of anyone who bought D2.

Does anyone have the "as my penis needs blood to grow so too does my sword need gold" pic?

my char

Fuck off magi

Accurate. People think hard mode is hard, but gaining mad dosh means you get the best gear, stupid supplies of curatives and stamina replenishes, and pretty much anything else your heart desires. Curatives mean you're basically able to heal anything that doesn't insta-kill you. Fighting things that can insta-kill you is a pain, admittedly.

Fixed.

No pawn here since I play solo warrior.

ice and lightning are also good on bbi

Yeah whats the worse that could happen

They turn into you though

Holy shit I never knew this

Amazing, how haven't I seen this before?

Well, at least we have Deep Down, right?

That's kind of awesome
How does it run on Linux via WINE?

Ah, but you missed the point of the ending, my dear user. See, the position of Seneschal within DD's universe is a relatively genuine depiction of what it would be like to act out the role of a god; insofar as you wield nigh incontestable power, possess the ability to freely create, and rule over all creation without being beholden to any higher authority, your character is the supreme being of DD land. All of that is self-explanatory to anyone who beat the game all the way through.

Congratulations, you just slew a god. Most people, self included, then promptly test out our newly acquired pseudo divinity by mucking about in the mundane realm for a short time – quickly followed by boredom. The fuck is this? All I can do is run around as a spirit? No fighting? No excitement? Fuck that noise. How do I step off?

But did we ever pause and give thought to what is entailed in our tacit acceptance of the mantle of god of the known universe? The word 'Seneschal' quite literally translates to 'steward' or 'governor'. To clarify, we're taking on the role of a being whose sole purpose it is to sustain the universe (that's as far as I can recall the old Seneschal saying, mind). Once we have taken the throne, we have also taken on all of the responsibilities that come with it, of which the aforementioned is chief.

The Gobsbane is one of those little quality of life tidbits that I believe functions inadvertently as a thought provoking mechanism. Aren't you tired of sitting on that throne all day, every day, user? Wouldn't you like to end this pointless reality? Don't you think it would be best to end this asinine cycle once and for all, and spare yourself the no fun allowed while you're at it? New game plus, my man, new game plus; you can get back to the ""good"" stuff again, alls you have to do is kill yourself. This whole ending is something of marriage between speaking to the player on an in-game, in-character level, while simultaneously speaking to our very real selfish desires as pleasure seeking creatures who are only really here to kill shit and get loot, and maybe hold hands with our waifus. Why did we fight, and for whom? How far are we willing to go, and how much are we willing to sacrifice for the sake of doing what is right and honorable and good for all?

Being the Seneschal is not fun. It's not exciting, not entertaining, not even really amusing. Total boredom for as long as it takes for a new Arisen to kill us. No more waifu. No more lauded heroics. ""And that's the point"". We are now performing an entirely thankless task for many, many, many years. We are not enjoying ourselves. Ruling the universe isn't a walk in the fucking park, it's work. But it's work that needs to be done. The Seneschal is the keeper of all creation, thus I find it highly unlikely that our absence spells anything good for the world we leave behind.

So, to trim the fat:

Are you going to accept that responsibility that the mantle of god carries, protecting the existence of the universe through your patient watchfulness?

Or are you going to go full chaotic evil because you're a twitchy faggot who can't sit still?

There isn't a true ending to DD, as far as we, the players, are concerned. The only real option we have, assuming we're sincerely the heroes of the story, is to choose to safeguard the life of all others by sacrificing our own to eternity as a protector god. And when the next Arisen challenges and defeats us, relieving us of our burden and taking our place, we will not be there to see it. Either the writers of this game were master rusemen, or they tripped their way into a philosophical critique of the nature of man and his fundamental inability to grasp the essence of divinity.

Or I'm the faggot, and I need to go to sleep.

Fuck me. Should I just make a new character from scratch?

And speed
and characters
and art style

t. Buttblasted Shillnuvo.

I prefeer to interpret the ending more in lines of our Arisen, being the being whose will and determination eclipses all others, go a step further and instead of keeping the cycle going on, we finish it. We condenm ourselves to dissapear from existence, and in turn grant the world true free will, escaping of the control of fate and higher entities.

There are so many mods that rebalance level progression, but still not one that allows pawn-equipped gear to become dragonforged.

Also, you level up pretty fast.

Despite what you retards think, video games like this should be experienced by the masses. Yeah, GOG profits by being smarter than the average service, but the games remain on abandonware even if available there. What the fuck is your issue? Are you mad someone else is making money off bullshit or are you still upset that normalfags play video games?

Reason I think these dipshits should sell reasonably functional modern versions of old games is because you get a library of people interested in classic games. I don't give a fuck if they develop back into a profitable enterprise, all I want is for video games to stop fucking dying or being forgotten and it's asinine to sit back and hoard games for yourself because normalfags don't "get it".

I've tried on multiple accounts to explain simple processes for setting up shit for abandonware and it all falls to the floor because if all you know is clicking install you can't deal with that shit. As much as I'd like for video games to remain an elite group of autistic faggots I'd prefer people to enjoy them more.

I don't get pissed off when someone didn't have to set up a virtual machine to get a game a working, or have a DOSBox batch do the work for them. I don't fucking care because if you can enjoy a video game it's seperate from technical knowledge. In our heads, it's intertwined because that's how we learned and were raised, at least in my case, but fuck off if you think a knowledge of computers puts you somehow in a better place than people just starting out with the games.

If you sit down and really appreciate an older game, you're fine. I don't give a shit if it's on a virtual machine, run through DOSBox, purchased on GOG, etc. I'm just glad you enjoyed the fucking game. In fact, it's better if older games are more available to the masses because if they enjoy that shit they might be more interested in video games and less interested in cinematic movie game shit.

I'll take any reason to replay this game
I love it to bits, enough to play the shitty MMO
For those who are also masochists, you can perhaps spice up ya next playthrough using the "World Difficulty Mod". I have no Idea what it changes and I'm now planing to play a new from scratch character who uses only a shield

pic related

How is the PC port anyways? I played DD on PS3 when it first came out, but that was years ago and I gave my PS3 away.

Oh wow.
I remember seeing the original trailer. Could be nice. Probably won't bee since it'll be free to play shit, right?

It's good.

That's because modding for this game is extremely restrictive, tedious, and undocumented. I tried modifying a bunch of spells and outside of a few easy to understand values there wasn't much you could do. The fanciest thing I did was change the placement of Frigor's ice spikes, the timing on them, and how long the ice blocks last.

That's funny. I never thought about that.
Spoiler that next time though since it is a pretty big spoiler.

Gotta love the newfags who only get into games when lots do, so it's a social thing.

The stamina system is much better nowadays in DD Online.

I just started playing the game, but I have no idea what that really means at the moment. I made a short, cute female pawn. Now I'm wondering how she's going to feel about turning into the big guy that is my Arisen character.

Jewtits don't even deserve to lick my arisen ass.

Suit yourself, m8

DDO has a lot of cool shit but it's really not worth playing
The faggot translators refuse to translate any of the story so you're not getting that, and once you finish the main questline the game immediately shifts from being an okay solo experience to being the most annoying korean grinding game I've ever seen

Oh and god fucking forbid you ever feel like playing more than one class, the only way to level up a class without dozens of hours of grinding is to go through the main quest, which you can only do once, and only brings you up to about ten levels below the cap

So we know that the online pawn system is separated between the GOG and Steam versions, but is there any way to edit a Steam save game to work on the GOG version so at least your local character and local pawn progress is preserved?

What the fuck

I would've honestly preferred the series stay dead than that horrible dead on arrival shitshow that was DDO.

Reminder that if you don't want to suckle from these then you're a fucking faggot.

the more i remember this game, the angrier i get at the shit we could've had

Capcom does have a nasty habit of using a lot of outside shit. That combined with their cheapness is what really makes it hard for them take so long to do anything with old games.
I'd kill for Onimusha ports to PC.

When they don't have to pay for face royalties.

And yet still no Armored Core ports.

Wouldn't that make your children half retarded?

Is this some glitch in the system or does someone just have really shit naming sense?

No. Dark Arisen would occur

so where's the torrent for it?

set it to use the pawns monikor rather than the name given, it really does reduce the number of retarded names.

Kill yourself, we have a share thread for a reason and theres a shitton of public trackers out there, if you're still asking this fucking question you are a newfag, plain and simple, amd deserve to be bullied.

Get ddsavetool.
It will allow you to unpack the saves into their easily edited XML format. Then you could compare the Steam/GOG save files.

i remember back when i tested this game, tons of pawns had similar names to that, might be a leftover or something

still haven't seen one yet, I don't feel like buying the game for a fourth time so you'll just have to be a good boy and wait.

or you can quit being such a fag and buy the game, it's only 16 bucks right now

is it true that the beserk armor sets were in the beta for the game but they got removed by release?

Can't you just move the save from the steam dir to the GOG directory?

they were never there

The berserk armor set IDs are still in game, but they lack any pertinent data and are removed instantly from your inventory if you hack them in, or if you convert a console save that has them.

Its possible in theory but there isn't a way to unpack and read the console game files the way we can with the PC ones.

so pretty much the only way to get them into the game is to make new models and meshes. Wait, can you import new models into the game? I've only ever seen retextures.

I'll leave it downloading to redo my MK, I remember having fun with perfect blocking arrows and seeing the lightning hitting the other side of the battle

fuck the people that do this.

eat poop dork. liru is the goddess of fulfillment and pleasant surprises

Dragon's Dogma is like the Spore of jrpgs. It's a good game, unless you read up on it's development, then all you see is what could have been

I personally found the game to be a masterpiece from my perspective. It combines everything I love in games, high fantasy, ultra violence, bad ass magic and moves, cool monsters, and a pretty open world.

i've been playing it since 2012 and I still haven't gotten bored with it.

IN ALMOST EVERY GAME OR SHOW I ALWAYS GO FOR THE JEWESS AND ONCE I CAN AFFORD A DECENT PC I'LL GO FOR HER AS WELL BECAUSE I'M A SLAVE TO THEIR JEWISH WILES

could be worse, you could go for the witch.

Thats actually status quo for jew, and Im not kikeposting, jewish kids in my middle school would do it if you borrowed money from them too.
Thats pretty shitty, you will get through it eventually though.
Ill be nice to you just this one
also nice reddit spacing :^)

rate my little pawn

Only if you kill yourself like a faggot. There's no reason why you can't just remain god.

brinefood/10

good I chucked yours in there months ago

I pirated the game two weeks before it came out, what the fuck are you blabbering about?

I always kept my party full of lolis, even though my main pawn wasn't one since I made her to be a walking siutcase and lolis can't carry much shit. Actually I hired only loli's since I still remember reddit and steamfags getting fucking triggered over it.

Is that grinding tower bullshit after the shitty half assed ending even possible to beat if you arent a scrub and dont uses pawns?
I just gave up when i realized they just put that shit in the game to fool weebs into thinking they were palying a finished game.

Yes, it's possible if you aren't a scrub.

Honestly, I'm not surprised there are no Armored Core ports after thinking about it. Beyond From being shit with computers, Armored Core was generally designed with auto-aim, of a sorts, being an actual game mechanic you had to think about instead of something developers try not to talk about. The one exception being AC4/fA since you auto target anything on the screen; so it was more about dodging than balancing dodging with keeping your sights on the enemy. Mouse and keyboard players would not need that system at all, and I can't imagine them liking it since quite a few would be able to lead the target without the aid, which would lead to them mostly using rockets.

NEED CONFIRMATION ON THIS

What's the general consensus of the world difficulty mod?

By what? Your weak ass bait?

Wew

You can't play retarded when you're actually retarded.

Grinding like a brainless mmorpg playing chinck or like figuring out through trial and error which bosses to take on? I really didnt bother with that shit.

Weebs played like a damn fiddle.This makes the asian jews happy.

BBI is easy and requires minimal grinding. You don't need to be maxed to beat BBI.

You should be able to take on all bosses in the order that they appear other than death.

Ah I see what your problem is, reddit. I think you just need to gitgud

I deleted before anyone had replied, because of a typo. And i never bitched about dificulty, if anything i said the game is baby easy and only retards use pawns.
But you are so buttblasted you cant even understand the words you read anymore. Fucking weeb

Are we talking about the same thing? I remember you could take on any boss at any time, and they were all hugely over leveled over what you would be after the shitty "ending" i couldnt even do damage to some.

I know where that image came from.

i finished the game in that extra dificulty where you would die basically one hit btw, dont know if it fucks that section up

No you didn't delete before anyone replied, newfag.
All you're doing is bitching about things when you have no idea what you're talking about. Now shoo shoo

no one had replied newfag , you were all still typing your angry pathetic buttblast , stop being retarded

fucking weeb

To clear your way to a boss that is deep inside the dungeon you'll have to encounter other bosses on your way. They appear in an order and you can kill them all in the order that they appear in.

Even a tier 1 BBI weapon is enough to get through BBI. I'm guessing you split your damage between physical and magic? Bosses reduce physical and magic damage by a set amount. So focusing entirely on physical damage is better than using a weapon that splits your damage between physical and magic for most classes.

If you're grinding in this game then you're obviously doing something wrong. Even during the endless tower, you shouldn't be grinding to level, you can fight the same UR dragon multiple times until you get your first kill, same with online UR dragon, the only reason to be grinding in the tower is to collect pieces of clothing for dressup. BBI will level your shit up fast once you learn how to kill things.

Also,
Fuck off back to cuckchan/reddit.

So GOG pirated version still has access to online system? Or do I need to download Galaxy for it? Is it worth it?

Additionally, is M/K an ok control scheme? I'm in the mood to be an archery fag

Please sweet summer child, just stop. You're only making an ass of yourself.

no one had replied when i deleted, fucking retard

fucking weebs man, jesus fuck

Whatever you say, underage b&. Feel free to stop shitting up a decent thread any time now

Man I forgot how tedious the early game is
I can't wait to get to the Everfall again

You kind want to be a jack of trades when you solo. So you just answered my original question

fucking weebs, lmao

What mods should I use, again? Besides Into Free Restoration.

I never got around to finishing this game, but I greatly enjoyed the threads.
I should really work on finishing the game at some point.

That stat growth guide is horseshit by the way. You'll be at level 11 at best by the time you can switch classes. Unless you skip quests, but

What a massive fucking waste of time that was

I've lost hours upon hours upon hours of progress because of many scenarios like yours, while playing hard mode on NG.
Being a retard who forgets to save can be suffering.