Bad sequels thread

I started dark souls 2 today Holla Forums and im having trouble understanding Holla Forums. It feels like the timing is a bit off on everything and no returning mechanics from the older feel like they came back right.. It somehow feels even clunkier than demon souls I heard the game was shit but not that it was absolute trash.

How does someone fuck up a sequel so bad?

It's not that old

DMC2 was a great game, fuck your opinion.

DMC1 and 2 were just ok in my opinion. But 3 was awesome

I'm 20. Feels weird knowing that sonic the hedgehog is older than me and I didn't like in a time where he didn't exist.

Livd

still older than some posters here.

Now this is being young

shut the fuck up do you think this post is cute you're probably a 300+ lb neckbeard lmao

DMC3 was an action game master piece on par with Metal Gear Solid 3, God Hand and Ace Combat 5

DMC2 was just mediocre and boring which is a fault in itself. It fails to do anything that matches up to the first one.

it actually came out 14 years ago.

*holy shit what the fuck**

Dark Souls 2 sucks, but you can make it suck less by making sure you have points in adaptability to raise your agility which raises your i-frames for dodges and makes raising your shield to block faster.

I'm just saying, if you want bad sequels then DMC2 takes the cake.

Fornicate thou

You sure? Might want to check again

It was so irredeemably non-functional they had to fire the first director and bring on their golden boy Itsuno to scrape together a passable game, which then tanked the sales of the next game. I don't think you can overstate how badly they fucked up

Itsuno is a better choice for devil may may cry anyways so maybe thats a good thing.

Well yeah I'm sure since DMC came out in 2001 with the launch of the PS2.

Opinion Discarded.

where the fuck did you find this capture

PS2 launched on 2000

It's RE2 with DMC2's picture.

Boy, if you think Dark Souls 2 is bad, just wait until you get to 3.

It does feel a bit off and I remember having the same issue when I started playing but I got used to it.
DS2 has its problems but you're literally complaining after playing for a couple minutes, and its not even an issue. You're a fucking faggot for making this desperate "let me fit in" thread

That's some real contrarian hipster shit you're talking there, my friend.

Honestly it wasn't nearly as good as 1 and 2, but you're welcome to have shit taste.

Technically Not Sequels but still Shit-Tier:

DMC2 so ahead of it's time it came out on PS2 before the PS2 existed.

Light weapons are simultaneously clunky and have no impact. That game's combat is literally only good with heavy weapons and you still have to deal with ho absurdly unfun the pve is in general.

At least far cry 2 is better than any of the sequels.

Most sequels mentioned itt are indeed pretty shit, but nothing can beat DS2.
What a terrible fucking game.

I liked Simons Quest.

How

There was nothing else quite like it when I was a kid. At least at my rental store.

Well, try to replay it now, especially after Castlevania 1.

The first step in fucking up a sequel is changing the name so as to not infringe on trademarks. The second step in fucking up a sequel is making it multiplat so that it attracts bottomfeeder try-hards who couldn't afford a PS3 in 2009. The third step in fucking up a sequel is not finishing the second half but releasing it anyway. The fourth step in fucking up a sequel is inventing le ebin praize teh sun :::XXXDDDD

Dark souls isn't sequel to Demon's Souls.
It's also a much better game, take your "elaborate" bait elsewhere.

Bait detected

DaS2 was a miss - often mediocre and occasionally frustrating.
HoI4 is a raping of the name Hearts of Iron.

A bad sequel doesn't necessarily have to be a bad game. Take these four games for example:

Despite that it still has fun moments of squad command and adding a third fireteam to command + bazooka and MG squads made some of the later missions fun.

I don't think MP2 is a bad game as such but it's not a great sequel to MP1: it drops the difficulty and a lot of the humour.
Similarly I think there's fun to be had in MP3 - in between the unskippable custcenes - but even if we ignore the setting change the story completely ignores the ending of MP2 explicitly stating that Max was over the deaths of his wife and daughter.

Once again Conviction is a tolerable (though excessively easy) predator-style stealth game in its own right but shat all over the previous games in the series.

Hotline Miami 2 can be played quite enjoyable as a slower paced game than its predecessor but try to play it like HM1 and you'll get sick and tired of the cheap shit the game kills you with.

Finally HR is fun enough but it completely misunderstands what the first game was going for by encouraging certain playstyles (non-lethal, stealth) over others.

Are you using a keyboard and mouse to play? Because genius japanese devs decided it was a great idea to give attacks a second of delay when using a mouse, you can turn it off in the options.

I think dark souls 2 really just sucks in comparison to the other titles in the series. Its a decent game, but a bad souls game. They clearly went for quantity over quality. There is more of everything, (as many expect this of sequels), but its all watered down as a result. Still had a few cool areas/bosses. Like huntsmans copse and the chariot/horse boss.

It is objectively better in terms of builds, but I won't defend the rest of the game.

Pro-tip: Adaptability is a must have for any character. You should dump at least 20 points in that ASAP and also some vigor.

You will defend or attack whatever the hivemind tells you to.

It's not a must have if you don't depend on rolls, which is why I like the stat.

DMC2 came out on January 2003. March for EU

How was that game ahit? Its the last far cry to actually be good

Just three more months until summer's over.

I liked Portal 2

Was better than the original
The only fault it has is that its dead.

Good for you.
Do you want a handjob for it or something?

I know that is a western "artist" because of how awful the fingers are.

Besides there being no mutants, the game didn't do much wrong.

ok.jpg

I meant

The fucking malaria gets pretty bad and the respawning checkpoints were horse shit but it was pretty nice just driving around/fucking around with the TECHNOLOGY moments like the fire spreading

I know I'm not him, but I wouldn't mind one.

Dark Souls 2 isn't that bad and Dark Souls 1 isn't that good. They both have issues but are over all good. The problem is Holla Forums can only deal in absolutes.

The only thing shit here seems to be your taste.

Also

Go and stay go.

Modern warfare 2 was the peak of cod. Prove me wrong, weeb.

More like dark souls 2 is trash because it plays like trash when compared to previous titles.

Nice job proving his point.

Maybe its just me but I felt extremely underwhelmed playing this after 4A.

What point is that? If you play a game and it plays like shit there's no "point" to make.

delete this

4A felt extremely underwhelming after Last Raven.

It's better than Secret of Mana tbh.

If you count it as a sequel to the third.

Ill check it out if it uses the analog sticks, I only made it halfway through 2 before giving up

I understand.

Thinking it is bad because it didn't copy CT to the letter

Look what you did now you made me fuck up my greentext

And yet DaS 3 plays just as trash, sometimes even more so, than DaS 2 does.

It's confounding when even the worst of a great game series is still better than 99% of the shit that comes out today, yet the autistic fanbase still views it as the worst game ever created. Soulsdrones truly are the most cancerous videogame fanbase.

Newfag learn to lurk pls

you are giving out hand jobs for liking Portal 2? Well it may not be as good as Portal: Prelude but its defiantly fun

An otherwise fun game ruined by this one small thing.

This fucking video is so autistic, the thing that bothers me the most is when he tries to excuse the bad world/level design by saying that "it makes it more magical and mysterious"
Can't believe that people actually agree with his video, specially when he praises life gems which he wouldn't need if he used a shield

k.

The least shit of the shitpile is still shit, bro.

It could've started off by being good, for starters.

Nah.

It's dead for a reason.

It didn't do much wrong, but it didn't do much good, either.

Shit sequel for a good series. Chrono Cross killed the series because of its shittiness despite having a God-tier soundtrack, and Evermore was just an awful spin-off with a terrible protagonist, bad story, and no fucking co-op with friends. Not a Mana game.

Peer-to-peer servers in multiplayer. The original had dedicated. Boom. Roasted.

I don't think there's such a thing as an e-celebrity reviewer who isn't a total faggot in some way, politically. Even Mechagamezilla dedicated about half of his last Christmas special to the American election. I guess the exception is Matt since he almost never talks about himself, even casually.

It's not World at War.

I'm sorry you have to go back to school soon.

Maybe when you're older you won't be such humorless cunt?

I actually really like his content and hbomber's, too bad he's a lil bitch

holy shit, how can anyone think this?

I'm confused by you. MGS3 is hands down better than MGS2 in pretty much every way; Main Character, Bosses, stealth, combat, etc. The only thing MGS2 has over 3 is a more meme worthy story.

At the bare minimum I've seen the order of the first three be either: 3 > 1 > 2 or 1 > 3 > 2 but it's rare for me to see someone say that 3 is the worst of those three.

Why did you listen to anons who said it's not that bad, dumbass?

Funny thing is that's an uncommon complaint and yet it's by far the most critical flaw. Makes me think most people don't even play Souls because they want to, but just to try and fit in, which coupled with the latent contrarianism on imageboard culture would explain this cult built around that miscarriage. You'll notice some retards in this thread going "you think that's bad, wait until you play the sequel that goes back to the series' roots and is a decent game by any metric, now that's a stinker", "it's a good game, it's just the weakest of the series, which means it's really really good", "you just hate it because you're a fanboy", "Souls is better than 99% of the other games released today because Holla Forums told me so" and other such nonsense. That's every fucking thread where this shitheap becomes the subject. You'd think these are just retards pretending, but I've been to the generals on halfchan during its prime. They exist alright.

But anyway, now you know the telltale signs of worthless opinions. You'd be surprised how much of that applies to other franchises too.

outside of the cashgrab co-op Portal 2 was a good sequel

I still like it, I don't even think it's good.

DS2 is a fan made game. It's not a real souls game as none of the people who make the real ones worked on DS2.

best be playing Scholar of the First Sin

which fixes nothing and adds even more retarded shit

It's something you notice when you first start playing but then get used to. If you start with this one and then play DS1 you'll feel it's "off" as well. DS2 is faster, weapons hit faster, even the heavy ones, and the movement doesn't have the delay it has on the first game (for example when turning around), so it feels a bit weightless at first. It's a matter of it having different physics due to being a different engine, but it isn't really a bad point. DS2 has other problems.

hello?

I don't think I've ever seen a video that's made me this genuinely upset before.
I'm almost enjoying my anger against this pretentious cunt.

Pretty much agree with all you just said. The way the first game was interconnected was fucking great. It made running around the world a lot more fun. Replacing this with just the teleporter feels more artificial.

Everything about that game just bores me. The awful lighting, the forgettable soundtrack, the boring characters and level editor copy pasted enemies.
They somehow managed to make the giants' story look like shit. As a concept king vendrick is not half bad, and the attack of the giants is interesting, but execution is abysmal.

If you're not underage and you've made it to adulthood still being this retarded I do seriously feel badly for you

Bethesda's Fallout, the thread.

BELMONTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not at all. The only thing in 2 that's actually faster is movement speed. Every other action has loads of gratuitous startup and recovery frames. Smaller weapons are especially bad in that regard, nearing medium weapon speeds in the previous game, shields take so long to lift you might as well not even use them for reaction based defense, roll distance bound to weight kills it as a mobility option unless you go naked and so on.

That's been a gameplay stable for decades for a reason.

Fuck off, 3 is by far the worst one of the lot.

The Dark Souls 2 is bad meme

Dark Souls 3 was a one and done, no rerolls, too boring/drab

This is what annoys me about Holla Forums is the herd mentality. The videogame hipster thing is at least tolerable.

It is bad.

GREAT STORY MARK AHAHAHA

The absolute worst part of Dark Souls 3 is how it has emboldened Dark Souls 2 apologists.

The biggest issue with Dark Souls 2 is that it feels more like a Dark Souls fangame than a proper sequel.

That's the worst part? Not an entire new group of Dark Souls 3 apologists?

Here's hoping Bloodborne never gets a sequel. Wouldn't want to see people comparing it to a sequel.

You're right 3 was a one and done but 2 wasn't worth playing in the first place.

No, that's only the second worst.

Dark Souls 2 is terrible and the reason I never bought or played 3.

Dark Souls 2 is trash because Dark Souls 2 is shit

Fucking stop this.

Okay then

Fuck you faggots. You're as bad as the people you criticize.

DeS is bretty good, though

How did this meme even gain traction, they're only similar thematically.

2's atmosphere is way much closer to the first one than Blood Souls'. 2 actually expanded the mythological romantic feeling the first one had. 3 is basically just a dull Halloween theme park. It reeks of the art direction not giving a fuck and just slapping some generic medieval horror aesthetics there to get the money home.

You know what's interesting? Most people were generally okay with Dark Souls 2 upon release but it took some autistic faggot twenty fucking years to deconstruct and nitpick every fucking thing about a product that is actually, legitimately an okay product (like some other cancerous autistic faggot from Leddit Media), and suddenly it's a bad game because of said crippling autist. In short,

Just do what I did and use a broadsword until you get a great sword with no shield.
You'll get it eventually user, it's just a bit weird to begin with, and overall I think it probably is a lot worse and less memorable than DaS1.

low energy fuck

I just didn't like it tbh. I never even got far into it. It just felt bland, I thought maybe it's cause I had played so much of Dark Souls before that and got burned out. Tried back in a couple months and then a year and I just couldn't get into it. I randomly marathoned Demon Soul's again after and went back to das2 but still nothing.

anyone ever play this? I just went off the assumption it was bad.

If you've never played a Souls game before you'll like it. If you have you'll know why it's shit. Just don't listen to the 1 autist we have who thinks it's the best in the series. Same goes for the few 3 autists. One of which is a BR.

I can practically taste your anger with that ironic shitposting.

What else do you expect from someone who bases their world on others opinions rather than facts?