NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "Irritable Fantasy" edition

A version of the old and busted Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked.

BE ADVISED: This is an extremely rough translation. This is not the more polished one that's being worked on now. It is playable from start to finish, but it's filled with typos, awkward sentences and incorrect lore translations. In addition, everyone sounds like a robot. If you really, really want to play the first part of Crossbell that bad, though, you can find it here:

dropfile.to/nLcqhJr

It's good for a laugh if nothing else. Anyway, on to the thread:

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales.

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen
- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store + the first two Trails in the Sky games on sale
- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer
- Tons of new features announced for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4/PC) (check Gematsu) (I wish we had other sites reporting Falcom news this much as well)
- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)
- We need to improve the Ys and Trails guide, by the way

- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, release "soon"! ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Trails to Zero fan tl could be released this year after the 3rd. Trails to Azure also being translated (both for PSP and PC)
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Zwei II, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

dropfile.to/KpkexTX
dropfile.to/nLcqhJr
pastebin.com/VLr13XTP
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nEz2-9jAHUKAUClBkVIUyVWOFTh-Ldr2L7deztyYRKU/edit#gid=1788682473
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Orbal_Arts_(Zero)
bato.to/reader#138d98417a42454f
steamcommunity.com/app/427700/discussions/
pastebin.com/Aixc1s2e
archive.is/DjpiF
twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/877254837926338560
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/877274558574632960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone else feel cheated out of a Rean speech in CS II when the kids go to Heimdallr. After that part of the intro where Rean raises his fist before a crowd of Thors students, if been waiting for that scene the whole damn game. Then Towa's the one who gets to speak. Yeah, she's the SCP, but I really wish Rean would've had a chance to show off that charisma he inherited from his father. Something about everyone having the hearts of lions and becoming the foundation for the world with this battle, ending with something about the staff and Dreichels proud. Would've been great. I almost want to write one, get Chiplock to voice it, then put Forward, Relentlessly in the background.

What's the fucking point of having a list of news when it's not even updated and has misinformation

I beat Zero. Now on to Ao!

…after a break since I just played 3 60+ hour JRPGs in a row. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm feeling the burnout coming.

Would you really call Xanadu Next a masterpiece though? I hope the first cold steel comes out soon, by summer they mean U.S time correct? Why is zero not getting an official translation?

Now I'm confused.

Because the licensing is a mess,Trails games take forever to translate and it needs to be judged a sound investment of time and resources to make.

Gee is that all? They're all like that. I thought there may have been a story behind it.

No they aren't. Did you miss the part about licensing? FC, SC and TC had easy PC ports ready to go. Zero and Ao do have PC ports, but they're owned by a weird Chinese company completely separate from Falcom. The only version of Zero and Ao that Falcom actually owns is the PSP one, and no one is porting a PSP Game in fucking 2017. So XSeed would have to use the PSP version and make their own PC port with it.

So no, it's not the same. I think I read somewhere that Zero and Ao have the biggest scripts of all the games as well.

I said that thinking you would expand on it. Witch you did, so, cheers. I do remember hearing about this Chinese company thing now, wasn't it on steam? I'm looking forward to the fan translation.

Not anymore. It was up for like…a week? Maybe two? Then they took it down. The Joyoland ports have weird drm too, from what I understand.

The absolute fuck?

Porting was the wrong word. I meant just selling an actual UMD. They would need to port if they wanted to release it, which, again, is more than they've had to do before.

Man, though, what a great game. I hope the good translation comes sooner rather than later, so folks can experience it like it should be.

Whats the gameplay like? I feel like i might get bored of the trails turn based style if i play cold steel or zero so close after the third, that is, if nothing is changed greatly. Zero's story sounds like a blast though.

NISA's a bigger company, and that's a game of one of their owner's flagship series I kind of liked 4, none of the others did it for me.

Zero is when you start noticing the changes towards Cold Steel type developments. Zero adds field attacks (to get advantage) and post battle multiplexers for performance etc. Ao adds master quartz.

Think The 3rd combat but add stuff like "stealth", a bunch of new arts, and having a full 4 person party from the get-go. Also you've got Combination Crafts, which are pretty neat if I do say so myself.

Multipliers.

Sounds perfect, thank you. I always feel behind the times when it comes to trails since I'm PC only.

Man Crossbell is such a cool location. I really hope all of it is in Sen III.

CS III has so much shit to deliver on, I have no idea how it will unless its something we haven't seen yet, the Falcom story focused RPG uncut. I heard the first two CS games were meant to be one. I even heard the first two Sky games were meant to be one. With CS III being a PS4 exclusive, they have literally no reason to cut. They have all the space they could want. This could be it, lads.

We already know at least East Street is in the game, as is the main square and assuredly West Street since we see inside Morge's bakery in one of the Tio shots.

I'm feeling good about this one, boys.

I definitely wouldn't count on that…

Is it that intense in CS?

Alisa isn't the poster girl this time, Altina is. Abandoning the tsundere is a damn good sign.

Kinda, but the fact they did it but also pretty much forced a canon pairing (which was the weakest girl, to boot) was the worst part.

Yeah, but the best choice still had the best scene.

You say that like it changes things.

If they make her canon at least they can build off it. Personally I think she's gonna get sister-zoned.

There's a reason why Falcom said Cold Steel is an entry point for the series. The old games are buried.

Yeah, about that…

The hood couldn't stop rean, what makes you think the flimsy little hat will stop him altina?

CS III could be a really, really long game if they don't cut any content.

This makes me really excited.

Why the fuck doesn't the OP mention FC Evo getting translated? Is it because you're a bunch of abused wives willingly getting cucked like the good goy buyfags you are?

Has anyone ever counted how many head pats are in each game

Anyone got a reupload?

Fixed that for you.
The reason it isn't mentioned is probably because nobody cares. The Evolution ports of Trails were terrible and this translation will only give newcomer a bad first impression.

You do realize it's literally XSEED's translation right? So how the fuck can it give a bad impression?

We're talking about the shitty art and music remixes, son.

It has original music as well you know, you can switch between new and original.
New art sure is "meh" but it's actually a lot more newfag friendly since the 90s-styled original artwork is actually offputting for plebs nowadays and they want something that looks like their harem animu.
Heck, people shat on Fire Emblem 11 and 12 artwork for the same reason "hurr durr it's bad cuz it's 90s styled".

Neither this or fire emblem was made for a western audience

The real problems are the fucked up balancing and I think there was bonus content that contradicts the lore.

You're thinking of Zero and Ao Evo, don't confuse those with the Sky Evo games.

No actually I didn't hear anything bad about the Evo ports of Zero and Ao.

This is what omgfloofy said about The 3rd Evo:
The only one I really know in detail is 3rd Evolution, unfortunately. But they made it so all crafts can set status effects, changed party's setup for the combat system to be using the Crossbell system, implemented quartz from both Crossbell and Cold Steel into the game- yet the game itself tries to function much like it did originally. This throws of balance a great deal, because the difficulty of Crossbell is a different thing than that of the Sky trilogy. On top of that, instead of doing anything regarding AI for enemy difficulty, they just padded HP by a large amount.

The game, from what I know, is pretty much laughable in its difficulty, yet annoying because of how much HP enemies have.

Might be that 3rd is also affected then, but I know for a fact that FC and SC are not.

I'm pretty sure they won't drop one of the major things they had during CS1 and CS2.

Combat Links are present, as well.

Yotaka:
Oh, and the recent ports of FC and SC (and undoubtedly the just-announced The 3rd) do feature some gameplay changes that make the games a lot less balanced. Basically, they added more effects to Crafts, added Arts from the Crossbell games letting you do things you weren't meant to do in the first three and they added some insanely broken new turn bonuses.

RixiaIsMyWaifu:
The Sora ones arguably are [a mess], due to the reasons Yotaka mentioned earlier, but neither Zero Evo nor Ao Evo have changes anywhere near that level, the only major differences being the voice acting, higher resolution assets, and rearranged music; nothing that would make them "a mess".

So it's pretty much as I said. The Evo versions of the Trails games are terrible, Zero and Ao are mostly okay.

Looks like Shirley is getting revealed this week. Also Maid Duvalie in Akatsuki.

Who the FUCK is this even supposed to be?

Shirley, apparently, though that thing on the top right looks like a bird, which means the character could be Klaudia(unlikely) or Gaius.

Looks like a bird
It's part of her testa rosa.

Wasn't that some part of the Vermillion Apocalypse or something?

Same name, different thing. If you look ate picture here: the weapon she has is her testarosa.

Yet the awful Zero leak is the big point of the OP. It's still a good thing and should be mentioned as part of the recent news.

No one could play Zero in English before. Now they can. It's not good, but it does exist. A far superior version is Sky already exists. They are not the same thing.

I do agree. I actually was the only one who mentioned the translation in the last thread.

I'm the one your quoting btw.. For some reason Holla Forums regularly gives me a new ID.

What if someone wants to replay it in English, on the go and/or because of the enjoy the voice acting?

If they're getting it from here or any other place where the people will warn them that the translation isn't great because it's a rough draft, then that's on them.

What, is Mirror Moon alive again?

Can someone reupload Zero?

Shit.

What's got his knickers in a twist?

Kirsten, from what I've seen after looking at her tweets, has proven to be a huge reactionary who believes that blocking people she doesn't agree with is a cool thing to do. Every other week she'd get uppity about dumb shit and cry about it. I can't say I'm surprised to see a woman running to her social media, again, to cry about more dumb shit.

Yeah she blew up in the discord because people said the leaked Zero translation was tolerable. Even though everyone told her they still wanted hers she just had a huge meltdown over it and threatened to quit. Christ why does every single person who does this kind of thing have to have such a fragile ego? One person says something you don't like and despite the fact that everyone else is being encouraging that one thing is enough to threaten to blow up the whole dam, I guess.

The real question is wht people participate in circle jerks like this to begin with. Discord was a fucking mistake.

I use discord because all other IM clients have gone to shit and it's easy. I admit the big groups get circle-jerky real fast, though.

Is the Zero translation finished or does it switch back to Japanese at some point?

it's finished

Finished by all accounts.

And for these guys:

dropfile.to/KpkexTX
dropfile.to/KpkexTX
dropfile.to/KpkexTX

OH SHI-

So we'll finally get to hear the lance maidens motives? Did duvalies cohorts turn up in other games or has it just been duvalie so far?

Ines (redhead) and Ennea (bluehead) were both in Ao along wth Duvalie. They didn't get portraits, though. They are in Akatsuki as well. Ines is also alreayd in the artbook released with Ys, but in disguise.

Also That's Shirley in the middle picture.

Also there's a comic making fun of Alisa being replaced by Juna as the main heroine.

Goddamn, this makes me want to play Zero and Ao more. But Ao hasn't been translated.

>dropfile.to/nLcqhJr

Wait, so we accidentally memed NISA trails into existence?

Floofy, like any woman on the internet, gets waaay too emotional about shit. She used to be a mod on the Discord but I'm pretty sure part of why she stepped down was due to outbursts.

I know she means well most of the time, but it was probably for the best.

Fie is going to be revealed next issue.

No. NISA Trails would be be way worse than what we've got now. This is just rough and awkward first draft translation. There aren't any bad jokes or out of place memes in it. And it doesn't even completely break the game. It's not down to NISA standards.

Nah, she's saying it in the form of "doing her best in place of" rather than "replace".

That's splitting hairs. Besides, ”代わって” has the connotation of replacing something. Hell, one of its definitions IS "to replace".

For some reason I hate playing this on an emulator.

Is there an ISO of the PC version?

Nah, that's more on "behalf" than "replace". Fact is she's still calling Alisa the "former" heroine.

No one made the translation for the PC version if you're talking about Zero.

Aw man. Well I suppose I'll take what I can get.

PPSSPP is a solid emulator with a lot of options.

Yeah, I'm playing on it right now. Just thought I'd be more comfortable with a PC version.

Nisa censors and they Burgerfy everything they touch. Not a problem if you are a Burger ofcourse- you wouldn't even notice it.

It's terrible for people who want to play the game close to the original though.

God damn, even with that blurry picture Shirley looks great in that new outfit. Guan had said something about the Gralsritter mobilizing and some surprising characters will pop up in Sen 3. I assume that just means they're bringing Rosine and Thomas back. Maybe Onionman will come back too?

So Ouroboros is sending:

Holy shit.

Laura has the same hair

I am disappointed

At least her front streak seems to have stopped impaling her.

Perfect

I can't wait until next issue to get a full glimpse at how Fie looks. The blueballing is real.

Looks like Laura vs Duvalie continues. And to no one's surprise its Fie vs Shirley.

There is an official Japanese PC port for Zero, but not for Ao.

I wanna believe that Falcom could negotiate giving the Ao port to Xseed, but who knows.

That's so sweet.

Pentagruel scene part 2, perhaps?

I REALLY wanna see how Campanella acts towards Rean.

It could be the stuff of legends.

Time for multiple playthroughs to romance all my favourite girls.

Alisa is wearing white as well. I think they all work at the school in some capacity.

That's true; Randy wears white also.

Dengeki pastebin

pastebin.com/VLr13XTP

Shirley is Enforcer XVII, aka The Star. Didn't see that coming.

Fuck, we haven't even met all the momemvers of Ourobouros yet and we're still getting NEW ONES? Jesus, I thought this series was over 60% done!

Falcom doesn't really care about their old games. It's all about Cold Steel now. They're not going to bother with Crossbell games for the West.

Wait, the jacket is a uniform? Shit, I thought it was a metaphor for Rean's flame of youth burning out and being the ashen remains of the boy he once was.

Seems to be the new school colors. Though I'm sure the red -> white, fire/ash thing is part of the symbolism.

Dat fie. Do all ex jaegar girls have to show mid riff? And is that thong?

I don't think that's a midriff or a thong if you're talking about Fie. If you notice the color where her skin would be is a different color than her actual skin, looks more green. It's just a shirt and her shorts by the looks of it.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

It SHOULD be a rule that ex jaegar girls show midriff then.

So does this white uniform thing pretty much confirm that Laura and Alisa are teachers at Thors 2?

I'd kill for Sara's midriff.

Looks that way

I want Emma there to teach orbal arts.

>she has an unrequited adoration towards the Steel Saint
>A bewitching battle maiden who has come to assist Ines as another commander. She often teases Duvalie.

Where were you when it was revealed that even the Stahlritter know Duvalie is for bullying.

I somehow doubt Emma will be joining the Reeves staff. I'd be more curious about whether or not the Reeves branch campus will be within the broadcast range of the local radio station, and if that station will have a rather 'bewitching' voice giving a weekly rundown and advertisements every Sunday night.

I gotta wonder if her fellow sister knights also tend to jump out of their battles, leaving her to fend for herself.

Man her VA did a really good job delivering some lines that would sound cringy from anyone else.

Unf Shirley, my fucking dick.

Eden Riegal.

Oh, so she's finally back with her old crew. Been waiting for this. Maybe we can finally figure out her deal.

Emma still has to look for Vita. At least Rean, Laura, and Alisa(kind of) have nothing better to do.

Just finished Ys: Celceta why did the game just slap me in the face like it did? The end bosses were lackluster, compared to previous games. Also, what's with it's ending? The YS games aren't known for their story, but at least they could have given their typical endings and farewells and ladies swooning over Adol. But somehow we got "Adol chose to keep this up to interpretation". WHAT THE HELL FALCOM?!

oh and Duren > Dogi

THE GUY THAT SAID HE TRANSLATED AO'S MAIN STORY FOR HIS FUCKING GF TO PLAY THROUGH WASN'T JOKING.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nEz2-9jAHUKAUClBkVIUyVWOFTh-Ldr2L7deztyYRKU/edit#gid=1788682473

Top fucking wew. As shitty as the Zero patch is, we just went from no way to play Crossbell to a shitty but still possible way to play both games in a fucking week.

Well, at least she's not as bad as Alisa. Still would have preferred Rixia or Noel.

Lads, what the hell is going on with all these Crossbell happenings?

Maybe it's something to do with Campy's dumb magic in Crossbell.

It's no confirmation of any sort, but the color scheme shared between Rean, Laura, Fie and Alisa so far is a hint and raises the possibility. But that doesn't tell us more about the game's structure, or whether Thors II will remain that central later on.

They literally decided it would be cooler to patronize players about shit they already take for granted vs. develop how Griselda handles the potential scandal with Romn's involvement at Highland and Celceta, let alone what happens to Le Fancy Pants and any development of the origins of the Akashic Records. Celceta has a bunch of unnecessary plot flaws even though it's got better variance in dialogue/development than Seven.

The Fool is gonna be ridiculous in this game, I can't wait.

What is the minigame he's going to make us play this time? We got deadly Puyo Puyo in Ao.

While I didn't either, she does lead the Red -Constellation-… should've been kinda obvious in hindsight.

Oh, so it's not just XSEED doing it, then.

I thought it was mostly that they didn't want to retcon things too hard. Given that Griselda is more or less part of the main cast at this point and Romn is confirmed at some time in the future, I bet she's playable in Ys 9: Numinousity of Nero

Constellations are made up of numerous stars. This is symbolism showing how Shirley sees herself as alone, most likely

Does anyone have translations of the Arts lists in Zero no Kiseki? The fan translation leaves them untranslated.

As a weeb who can't Japanese I've learned one thing: never trust in companies

BELIEVE IN AUTISM AND YOU WILL BE SAVED

Fan translations everywhere.

Post screenshots and I can translate.

The insides of this car is fucking huge

It's a BuSSS.

Just wait until you see the inside of Crois' armored limo.

I guess they just bulldoze everyone else off the road since their roads are barely wide enough to fit two cars side by side.

Yeah, that sounds like the Hong Kong and New York police.

Thanks, but I found this. kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Orbal_Arts_(Zero)
Should've googled before posting.

That little ad-libbed scream before the last line is perfect. A+ work.

the fuck is my long haired Fie?

This is the best look we've got. I've cycled back around to believing Fie is showing her midriff, though, as well as a thong…

These new models look… the characters look like they have some kind of gel coating on. I thought the same thing about TX ex+.

"Dead people are dead people"

Is she related to Shirou? Also that totally looks like midriff and thong. I'll be disappointed if i'm wrong.

Was it ad-libbed? I'd have to see the Japanese version to be sure of that.
But yes, it was definitely perfect.

Don't you want more bloom user?

Look at the skin she is showing on her arms and face. Its different compared to her midriff. Until we see her in full, I'm skeptical. Remember that in 2 she was showing her midriff and the skin matched.

That's plainly her belly. Her design is clearly meant to be an almost 1-1 mirror of Shirley's.

It's her midriff. The lighting makes her stomach look brighter, but she's clearly wearing a thong.

Yeah, compare her shoulder to her stomach. Her midriff is bare, the lighting just looks weird.

God, I can't wait to see her from the front…

Here's the trailer minus the cam-rip.

Think this song is the instrumental version of the main vocal theme?

That's not how lighting works.

Who do you guys think is the best girl from Crossbell? So far Elie seems nice, Tio's okay, but she's no Fie.

I only know a little about Noel.

I do like what I've seen of Rixia in CS2.

Probably not, but I'm pretty sure her stomach is bare and the lighting is just odd. We'll have to wait to confirm.

Tio is pretty great, but KeA is best daughterfu.

God, it sounds like it's really missing… SOMETHING, to really bring it all together.

It is in this game, son.

I like Rixia best, but Noel a cute too. Tio is enjoyable, though I wouldn't say waifu material. Elie is fine. She basically gets the Alisa treatment in-game, but isn't as shit as her so I don't mind as much. Of all the final bond events hers is the most explicit in being romantic in nature, though the other girls obviously have it bad for Lloyd too.

That's what we call cel shading, and it's making the models look better in Sen III so far.

I really like the police vs mafia route the story is taking, for now.

I see what you mean about Noel being cute. "Yes ma'am!"

Tio is still neat. And Elie is actually pretty sweet.

Aw shit nigga.

Headpats!

Oh hey, Chapter 3 of Lowe Monogatari got translated:

bato.to/reader#138d98417a42454f

Oh, I always thought the one who found them was Weissmann, not Campanella. Loewe's ranting about humanity needing to be tested makes a lot more sense after this chapter. I also really liked the line "Follow the trails left by the Goddess". So ominous.

I'm still waiting for here to be either mind controlled or cloned to be in Ouroboros.

Probably nothing will happen, but it gives me a bit of hope

Man, Elie is way sweeter than I thought she'd be. She also pretty much confessed.

I didn't expect the game to be this short. I'm at the epilogue.

Zero no Kiseki ends without a cliffhanger? I'm actually disappointed that it doesn't. I was expecting my heart to be wrenched out like in Sky and Steel

Does turning evil increase your bust size?

I think the explanation is that Joshua was still broken even after they were taken in by Ouroboros, it was just Weissman who stepped up and offered to "fix" Joshua.

Is this a serious post?
That's Scathach, Servant of the Lancer Class, F/GO.
There is an "Ouroboros Estelle" pic out there, but this isn't it.

That's Scathach from Fate. Try this on for size.

I know, but I thought it was a funny joke…

Enforcer No. XVIII: The Black Sun.

Nazi Estelle?

Zwei II's E3 video just released. It's a rough trailer for sure, but you get a good idea of the game's style, and I like the English voices. Hopefully Sara and/or Durante can get this running at 60 FPS unlike Gurumin (which is probably where the 30 FPS lock in Zwei II comes from). We'll likely get another, better trailer with bullet points and improvements near launch.

Why isn't this being released on PSP and colecobision?

Come on, son

Anyway, here's the Zwei II Steam forums: steamcommunity.com/app/427700/discussions/

He said colecobision. He was joking.

Can I play all the Trails in the Sky games with a Vita, with access to hack psp rooms? I want to get the background before I play Cold Steel for my eventual robots.

The 3rd is only on PC but the Trails games can run on literal toasters.

I have a netbook from 2009.

Try it. :^)

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get involved in the drug trade or whore myself for Newegg credit, would you?

Honestly, it will still probably work.

We'll, you can whore yourself on any street corner pretty easily. As for the drug trade, the way I'd go about it is going to the airport and asking the young women who get off flights from Colombia.

Honestly, if someone told me I could join in on some nefarious deal for quick cash, I'd take it. I have low value on my life, and high value on Falcom.

NICE! I was hoping Falcom would release something for E3. Looks like a decent rpg too.

finished zero today, very satisfying getting a conclusion to renne's story.

You can join in on several nefarious self-sacrificing high risk high reward business ventures. But you've got to walk outside first.

I'm…really glad at this point I'm not really into Ys. This will, of course, come back to bite me when NISA scoops up Trails.

Don't jinx it. I'd be sad. Hatsuu would be sad. We all lose.

This shit is why I imported Ys VIII. I'm not giving NISA any money. No matter what.

Trails isn't popular enough and only XSeed is masochistic enough to touch the series.

This is my hope as well, but when I say things like I did up there about Ys I feel like I'm bringing a curse upon myself…

Reminder that there is Tio Gacha now. Hurry up if you want to get your cute cat

I would if I could speak Japanese!

The story is horrible anyways. You don't need Japanese

But user, what if I want to read the clumsy romance of Not!Estelle and Not!Joshua while they meet the cast of the other games and get outshined?

Post it when that part comes. Someone will (probably) translate it for you.

ara ara~

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the three main Stahlritter use the weapons of the three Valkyries from Valkyrie Profile. They're referenced Tri-Ace before with the Seraphic/Cherubic Gate enemies. The Stahlritter's outfits are fairly similar as well. Can't find a good image of Silmeria with a bow.

I've bought almost all the Ys games under XSeed but Ys 8 being taken by NISA really put me at a difficult spot.
Maybe I just won't buy at all.

Speak with your wallet. Isn't that how it goes?

Coming out on PC

Pirate it.

Do the decorations you can buy for the bedrooms in Zero do anything?

Import it like I did. It's a great game.

Didn't think she was AraAra type. She tried to kill me in a sniper position.

Tom said they were going to adress all sort of questions related to Zwei II, such as skipping Zwei I.

Did anything new came up?

Aras can be deadly too.

At least I hope she's acts like that. I'm assuming because she just looks like the type.

I'm a sucker for beautiful, soft-looking, older women so she already charmed me.

All 2D have the potential to be killers/psychos. See ika musume or minami-ke.

Can I just start with Ys Origin or is it advised to play Ys I first?

You will appreciate Origin more if you have played Ys I and II first.
You have to keep in mind though, that Ys I and II are from 1989 and the newest version still has the original gameplay. It's not bad, but a bit strange by modern standards.

I played a bit Trails of Cold Steel and think it's absolute piece of shit, does it get better later?

Depends. It's slow burning like the first TitS chapter, where it takes its time going through the characters and fleshing out the political climate in Erebonia.

To that end, each chapter you're made to visit a different location in the empire with certain party members.

Depends on what you think is shitty. Tell us, and we'll tell you if it does.

That's not terrible, so long as you go back. Thats what I did, basically. I tried emulating Sky and couldn't get into it. Then I saw Cold Steel on sale and got it and beat it along with II. Then I went back to Sky on my Vita and beat those. It was easier for me to play those on handheld than Comp.

I had a similar experience. I tried playing sky on the psp but was turned off by how slow it was at the start, after finishing cold steel 1 and 2 I went back and played both sky's, and recently beat 3rd and zero and I'm still enjoying finding out shit that is mentioned in cold steel that I didn't realize were references to the older titles.

Just pirate the PC version or import the PS4/Vita version, you'll miss out on the story but the game is fully playable without knowing jap thanks to jap wikis and Translation apps.
Just don't give NISA money whatever you do. You'll only give them more power to ruin more series.

dub voices aside, so far the dialogue doesn't seem too bad, but they could only be showing just enough to give us a false sense of security. No scenes of Dana or running into Laxia bathing, so odds are the (((localization))) will still be much worse than we thought.

That's just the final Japanese demo translated, so I'd say there isn't much to guess from it.

We must be as hard as the EO fanbase. We need a form letter in japanese to send to falcom on hand to explain why we're not buying it it NISA pulls their usual fuckery.

When are NISA releasing the English demo?

I like how Laxia's VA sounds. Not saying anything about the quality of her acting.

At least the dub sounds alright, from what I could hear of it. I only hope the whole loc itself is as good.

Ys 8 will have a great translation, I can't wait to buy 10 copies from NISA-sama!

God damnit I want to hear that ALRIGHT again.

Nisa translated 慈悲無き戦慄の咢 as "Merciless Shivering Vase"

I want to punch every single faggot that said this until their particles are destroyed on a molecular level

I suggest to start thinking about the eventual emails and stuff to Falcom to ensure NISA doesn't get their hands on the next game.

I think it's for the best to have something prepared so when the game releases, we can start doing our shit. of course, if the tl is shit, which I guess it will be, but who knows. I still want to lie to myself.

Honestly though, if I had the means and knew Japanese, I'd make a video pointing at every single mistake for ammo.

What would you translate 咢 to?

Turtle

I don't speak a word of Japanese but I'm going to guess that 慈悲無き戦慄の咢 is a wordplay based on "cold-blooded killer" that has to do with it being a tortoise ("shivering" because it's a cold-blooded reptile). That's my guess at the cryptic crossword clue "merciless shivering vase".

What's the real answer, puzzlemaster?

It appears the reading for it is agito, which also translates to jaw.

No, the あぎと reading comes from 顎.
I can only find the kun'yomi reading おどろく, which is based on 愕, so maybe it translates to "terror"?

But it might also be based on 鰐 as in 鰐亀 considering the boss looks like an alligator snapping turtle.

Jisho.org says that it can be translated as the name "agito". I figure because it's name is chuunibou-ish it's meant to be interepreted as Jaw or whatever. But I'm not super confident, it just seem to fit.

Sometimes I wonder how these retards even work. That makes no sense even if you don't know japanese or know what the original text was. How can this happen? Do they just run a machine translation? Do they just have 0 context while "translating"? Do they even test or play the game?

No, because I just used Google translate and didn't get vase.

It isn't a proper reading of 咢, but that doesn't mean that this connotation wasn't intended.
顎 has the same on'yomi and component.

Falcom probably used this kanji to keep the meaning ambiguous among the kanji containing the 咢 component.

It's a pretty tricky thing to translate anyway, it would've been interesting to see what a proper translation company would've done with it. It definitely isn't fucking vase, and I'm not sure how they got to that translation.

A-at least we haven't seen any memes or cuckoldry yet, r-right?

Can't wait for that user to be right about Dogi the wallcrasher making anti-Trump jokes when he crushes- I mean crashes walls.

I want to die

Maybe the people who did the original Zero translation did it.

Maybe Nisa will jump ship once they realize they can't market it to sonyggers.

Celceta had great sales and the expectations for Lacrimosa is to surpass those sales. The PS4 version was mostly made for dem western monies.

Theoretically wouldn't most of those sales of come from fans who are now disenfranchised by Nisa?

Are you implying most fans won't buy the game? You seriously expect the sales to bomb because the fans hate NISA? Are you nuts, living in a tale told by your daddy and mommy?

Face it, most will buy the game no matter how bad the release is.

Fuck you dorothy, I can hope that the Y's audience will be different.

Shoo shoo, Grandmaster Goblin

The Grandmaster is actually Mary.

How can they be so bad at their job?

I apologize, you why's fans have enough on your plate thanks to nisa.

I want to fuck up Cassius.

Hah, bitch he'd slap you to your senses before sending you on your way with a pat on the back and an inspiring speech before you could even before you'd do a damn thing.

Oh yeah there were people praising Nisa for dual audio.But that all seems kinda pointless when the subs are shit you know?

Maybe those people were never really going to play it with the JPN audio. I might be right: Nisa wants the Neptunia audience.

pastebin.com/Aixc1s2e

I really hope that Alfin is basically a female Olivert. She's basically heading there

Disappointed.

also, Elise looks mature and pretty. Amazing what some earrings and change of clothes can do.

archive.is/DjpiF

Wow, a year and a half really did Elise and Cedric some good. I hope he has a deeper voice in the next game.

Looks like Laura and Fie…
Spells victory!

In Japan, at least, he got a new VA. Angela's, lol.

You know, i've been reading the mood and I feel like… like the fans are making preparations in order to confront the (inevitable?) shitstorm which would be a PR nightmare for them. And NISA knows this.

Some time ago, I've read a comment saying that they can't allow themselves to fuck this up or they could risk getting into trouble. All of this gives me hopes but… you know, I feel uneasy as most of us do.

Also, most fans seem not to give in, thinking this doesn't mean shit and it's just PR. Which is good.

I'm 200% ready to counter-attack if the release ends up being shit.

Saw it coming.

That bit about them getting in trouble if they fuck up is also just PR. Gives people the illusion they have higher-ups watching them when they'd just get another slap on the wrist and pat on the back to do more of their shit. They just see it as money that they'll get no matter what.

Based NISA?

If you look at their past history; the more PR they give to a game means the final product has something horribly wrong with it.
This is simply NISA trying to secure some sales from idiots because they know the game will get ripped apart and they did a subpar job.

I'll hunt you down and castrate you if you say those words in the same sentence again.

But based NISA is looking out for us, they fixed the typo and are sure to give us a top tier product.
Hopefully everyone here will support them and Falcom.

You are dancing a very dangerous dance with that Ironic shilling

aaaaaaaaa

Wait a second, isn't this even less accurate than the original translation?

Yes.

Wait that was uploaded a week ago but they posted it on Twitter like it's new. twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/877254837926338560

What makes you think that's a break and not a regular craft?

"some enemies can even have the powerful S-Break to allow them to jump position in the battle order."
Hmmm, I wonder.

Huh, I completely missed that pastebin link. I'll join you in screaming, and take it higher.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/877274558574632960

HYPE

Oh look, it's the scene where Alisa made Gaius' chapter all about her.

Why can't more devs and localizers be like this?

Don't worry user, I bet NISA will do a better job!

Hmm Alfin's titties are kind of big, kind of disappointed. Looks like you can have a support member or a guest.

At least 9 out of 10 people rightfully shit of Alisa. This warms my heart.

Man, Alfin getting boobs is what I wanted.

Same here.

No, it's better.

I'm going to break your legs.

I'm waiting user-kun!

Hahahahaha. Cedric is Patrick 2.0. He even has bully miniboss squad.

So Campanella may be named after the 16th century friar and prophet Thomoso Campanella. The historical Campanella foresaw the restoration of the holy cities of the past (!) and the uniting of the world under a single religion by a prodigal conqueror. He said "The Church began in Jerusalem, and it is to Jerusalem it will return after it has covered the world."

Further, the historical Campanella put forth that this would be done by a prince "in his first thousand days" after birth, that is, as a child. This may be while Campanella is "forever young."

Nigga aint even got a good grip on his sword. Who is he gonna try to bully?

I want Alfin to get pissed and just slap the fuck out of Cedric.

Goddamn Cedric, why'd you grow up to be such a cunt?

Okay, either being taken by the Vermillion Apocalypse fucked with his mind, or Osbourne did something to him during his recovery. He possibly stuffed him with whatever Rean and McBurn are made of.

I think it's the latter. Osborne probably fed him some lies about how everything that's happened/currently happening with his family and country is because of Rean.

Who's going to make the next thread? I'd do it but right now I can't.

Remember to check the lastest news section and fix that misinformation, plus all the new NISA shit happening

Please give me a list of things to add, then.

Delete the whole "orking on two Ys games at the same time" thing. Add

NEW MISHY BREAD