What are you playing?

What are you playing?

What do you think of it?

me:

Castlevania Bloodlines

I'm working on it, and I can reach the last stage, but man, the game got really weird after the third level. Why does the stage 4 boss seem so out of place? How is the MC able to freely move across the western front in the middle of WWI? Why is it so much shorter than Super 4 and Rondo? Game is fun and beautiful to look at, but I wonder why it is so weird.

Other urls found in this thread:

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dishonored 2.
It's Dishonored.

I was playing Persona 5

I liked it, the pacing is kinda of slow, but pays off quite well, the return of negotiation system, even being in a weak form is good and goddamn what a stylish vydia, also I loved to see persona team experimenting, it was quite basic, but the fact that it was there, made the game had more value to me.

Also, I think atlus has mastered this kind of massive storytelling where even simple plot conventions gets a huge weight, for example in a normal detective storytelling, you have the detective trying to guess who's the culprit in a critical point, normally this would take, dunno 2h in a movie and maybe 10h in a game, in p4 you do the same thing, but after 70 hours of gameplay, you are pretty well grounded in what's going on, and for me this gives a massive good feeling when it clicks and you pick up the right culprit in the first trial , p5 does that several times in the game too. To give a counter example, I can only think of Mr. Robot, where there are so many plot twists that you start to ask yourself if you are watching a magic show or a TV series.

Vice City. Never really played it far at all. I think it's really fun, and I like the graphics a lot. The controls could use a bit of help though. Left and right movement speed is tied to a menu setting, while vertical movement is balls-to-the-wall fast no matter what. And you can't freely look around while driving.

Playing: Mount and blade Warband.
What do I think of it: It's a great game until you hit endgame and the powers have consolidated. In this case it's Vaegirs, Swadians, and Sandniggers. I've been running interference with the sandniggers right now, busting out counts and disrupting trade lines. We technically have a defense pact which has gotten my king pissed at me (i'm Vaegir). I might defect over to Swadia and blow the fuck out of the both of them.

Star Ocean 3

About 18 hours in, at Castle Aquaria.
I forgot to save Roger BEFORE saving Ameena in Duggus Forest, so now I can't get him at all I'm kind of mad at myself for forgetting that still tbh I'm not gonna forget to pick up Adray though at least, like I did back in the day when I first played the game.

What I can't figure out is how to get access to alternate outfits/costumes for the characters. Because Sophia's 5P costume the outfit she's wearing at the beginning of the game, pic-related is great.

I've been replaying Furi on Furier difficulty since I heard about the DLC which adds one two new bossfights.

Overall I did like it, each boss has their own personality in terms of character and fighting style and makes the most out of your limited moveset. I feel like a lot of people who call it too shallow went in with different expectations, expecting something along the likes of DMC or NGB, when the most apt comparison for Furi would be Alien Soldier by Treasure, which is another boss rush game featuring identical approaches to gameplay (speedkilling and not taking hits as a measure of score, high-level gameplay more centered around optimization than survival or stylish gameplay, parrying/playing defensively as a means of recovering ammo/health, lots of variation in terms of boss fights, and so on). If you think Furi is missing something, try playing Alien Soldier and see if AS needs more.

The dashing is rather inelegant. Unlike most games where you dash on the press of the button, in Furi you only dash on the release of the button, most likely a result from your dash being chargeable so you can instantly cross larger distances. For something you want to execute ASAP like dashing you want to do it fast, so it's hard to accomodate. So instead of dashing forwards through waves twice, you dash forwards, backwards, and then forwards again so you have enough space to execute it to begin with. There are a lot of times when I feel it should have just been an on-press command, but I understand why they did it. If you were able to constantly dash around, most of the wave attacks could be dodged with incredible ease while the melee attacks of bosses would have trouble connecting to you at all. This way you're asked to commit to your dashes, much like the fixed jumping arc in Castlevania games. It doesn't really feel right, but at least they built the game around it.

Most of the attacks are well telegraphed and the way the fighting goes back and forth is quite enjoyable. But if Furi were a simple case of call and response as most of these kind of games get unfairly ridiculed for, then it'd play out the same all the time. You can play aggressively as well and manage to sneak in a few extra hits to break the boss' combo or increase your best time. For example, there's a lot of techs involved in dealing more DPS. You can keep firing at a boss while parrying an attack string. When a boss is on the ground as you're about to enter the melee phase, you can instead begin a melee combo from a distance and hit him with the fourth and final strike of your combo which is a guaranteed knockdown, which gives you enough time to boost your attack. You can parry bullets for bonus damage and invulnerability through bullet waves, but you can't Royal Guard your way through entire bullet waves. On Furier the vulnerability window of bosses for melee attacks is much smaller, so a two-hit combo followed by a half-charged slash will deal the most combo than a three-hit combo while you're unlikely to land a 4-hit combo unless you were really fast. On top of that, there's a lot of boss-specific strategies as well.

But while this is one of the strengths Furi is striving for, it strangely also does away with them some times. Most last phases of each boss fight will have the boss turn invincible as he fires a last desperate barrage of bullets at you while you can't do anything but dodge them until he's done shooting, which is rather antithetical to the gameplay as a whole and does revert it to just call and response. Most phases of each boss phase are separated into a freeform phase and a swordplay phase where you can only use your sword and your gun is replaced with a charging ability which boosts your next attack if you have an open time window to charge yourself up. Comparatively, there's less freedom in these phases. It mostly centers around boosting yourself when possible and then moving in with a charge attack once the boss is vulnerable. While you can still interrupt attack chains, this is only really made full use of during The Edge fight which is the only sword-only bossfight of the game, where you can't simply always perfect parry for a punish and the standard window of opportunity of getting one hit in is like one after each attack chain, making boosting also a very tight ordeal.

Aside from other minor annoyances (which in a small game like this can be huge depending on who you ask), I still like this game a lot and am still striving to S-rank everything.

Some if not all costumes are from collecting the battle trophies.

Puyo Puyo Tetarisu, honestly one of the most fun games I've played in years, despite just being Tetris and Puyo.
I just cleared the story earlier today. That ending was such sequel bait. I hope it gets one once the Tetris license expires with Ubisoft.

Borrowed my cousin's Switch for this and its okay, it just isnt clicking with me to where it feels like a 10/10 game like people hype it as. I cant for the life of me wrap my brain around enemies dealing or being able to take high amounts of damage in a Zelda game, or weapon degredation even though I fucking love the Dead Rising series which has that. Here it feels kind of annoying when you need to keep track of like bows keep breaking on you. The soundtrack feels very subtle and nothing memorable compared to other games in the series. And I hate the Ubisoft tower shit here and pulling an MGSV where there's a large world but it takes forever to travel through, but its not without its merits. I like how different it feels from the other games, it actually offers up a challenge straight out of the gate instead of obsessively holding your hand, I like how instead of having an entire inventory full of items used only for a few puzzles they're all useful, though these are only opinions of someone who finished the Water Dungeon. I have no clue if I'll end up feeling sick of this game eventually with the amount of shrines and unlockables there are.

GTAV Online

It would be fun if I wasn't playing with a bunch of chinese, russians, and people who would rather fly a helicopter through heists than just play the fucking thing.

Grinding for things in game is such cancer.

Banished
Its good, but at this point I'm mostly just playing it to kill time since there's fuck all else around I have much interest in
Especially after my roommates just convinced me to waste money on Black Desert

Playing

Diablo 2:LoD: I'm trying to get my bones and poison necro to level 30 now that my summoner necro is in nightmare. I've listened to Catcher in the rye and The Art of War by Sun tzu audio book when playing this game.

The Sims 3:' I finally got around to installing the ultimate bundle of the game with generations, ambitions, university life, and seasons. This game makes me horny and sad, nuclera familys and maternal women tending to their grumpy husbands.

vampire the masquerade bloodlines: I installed it a long time ago and never got really into it, but after spending some time and leraning all of the mechanics it's a really fun RPG, i like to play as a slut.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

I've played through the first 4 missions, and so far I like it very much. It has good voice acting, good sound effects, good music, good gameplay (albeit the pathfinding does not take other characters into account very well, but that's a minor problem), and it even has a good demo, DRM-free. Also, I really like the menus. Good menus always give a good first impression, so it's a shame that so many shitty games, especially console ports don't even do that properly. This game is the only new big(ish) game in years that I have played and enjoyed. It makes me remember what gaming used to be. However, the VSYNC option has three settings: 30, 60, and off. I don't understand why VSYNC would be limited to an arbitrary frame rate that my monitor is not using, so I turned it off. My computer is from Core 2 Duo era anyway, so it's not a big deal for me.

To be honest, I have never played any other games in this genre, so it could be that it is just a mediocre game compared to classics, but to me it is enjoyable, and that's the important thing. I also finished Xargon a few days ago. I guess it was ok, but nothing magnificent.

I'll always be pissed off at Rockstar for focusing on online without updating GTAV with new content like they originally said. Online is such money grubbing cancer. I wish they had implemented 2/3rd of what they put into online into the single player campaign instead. I hate multiplayer in most games because of hackers, third worlders and chinks.

Never-ever listen to roommates.

Get colonial charters mod for that game, makes it way better and way harder if you use some of their start settings, like adam and eve.

I've been playing some Thief 2 fan missions.

Their quality highly varies between which author you choose to play a mission from. I would appreciate it if someone could recommend me some good FMs for Thief 2.

I'm also playing For Honor too, please don't tell anyone.

We love Katamari
It's not as good as damacy, though it does have some very stand out levels and songs.

I just wish they could remember what fun gameplay is and had options that kept the ADD kids playing so I could finish things.

It feels more like "High class sarcastic luxury simulator" than a true grand theft auto game.

You should play Katamari Forever, user. It's basically a compilation of the best level from every game (minus the Vita and PSP ones).
The only problem is framerate sometimes, but that's really just because of how much shit they put on screen at once.

I really liked this game but completely forgot how to play it.

which was the Katanmari where you can reach space? I think i have a the ps2 Katamari but never played it.

Beautiful Katamari, on Xbox 360, but those same levels are re-used in Forever, which was on PS3. So you can pick your poison.

I don't have my PS3 on my at the moment, but noted for when I do. Also how is the psp one? I downloaded a rom and have ppsspp already set up from a different game but haven't actually started it up yet.

We love katamari has a space stage but you don't progress from earth to space, you just start there. Beautiful katamari has all the way from earth to space, and I think forever does as well but I'm not sure.

What I'm pissed off about is the lack of customisations for you characters in single player and the empty wasteland that is 60% of the map. San andreas did better in every aspect but graphics. I also have to say the first person view is great to use with M+KB,

I enjoyed engulfing islands in the last maps of that game, wish it could get big enough to swallow whole countries.

The PSP Katamari is very meh, but for a portable game it's alright. The main problem is the game is just going through the same 1 or 2 levels every single stage, except slightly bigger or slightly smaller each time.
The OST is all re-used from Damacy and We

Tales of Berseria:
Pretty good so far. Only played Tales of the Abyss before that, and Luke was such a twat that I quit playing about the same time the rest of his party dumped his sorry ass in some dungeon. Berseria's got an interesting hook, where you "play as the villains" of a sort. Combat is easy, but this is just a rush run on a rental, so it's on normal. Can't blame the game for that. The voice acting is fine, but the localization can get pretty bad at times.

Eleanor is pure and best girl.

Also playing Phantasy Star Generation 1 for PS2. I've had it since it launched, but never really got around to downloading the translated ISO and playing through it properly until just recently. Probably the best thing to come out of the failure of the SegaAges project. They really should have released them for the PS3/XBLA as arcade titles and done a PSIII & PSIV workup as well.

Love Alissa's redesign.

Another thing to note is that Beautiful Katamari has at least 1/3 or 1/2 of the game locked behind DLC, thanks to Microsoft meddling. So if you don't want to fuck with the extra prices or an incomplete base game, just go for Forever.

easy to rise above pleb hordes and your reward for doing so is all kinds of skinner-box shit and the pleasure of aggressively dunking on hordes of bads
also, harassers are extremely fun to drive and build camaraderie
tr a shit

not so much a puzzle game in the idea that each puzzle is hard to solve, rather it's optimizing your solution that's the hard part and this is great for me since i get pretty absorbed into it

a very fun game. i always come back to this every now and again because the weaponry is a joy to use.

puts me to sleep, honestly. everything is pretty easy to do. i dunno. i don't get the hype for it.

just finished a non-expert playthrough and am getting sort of fatigued trying to plan a perfect base for my expert playthrough. played a summoner like a bitch.
find this game pretty addictive once you get going since it's one of those games where there's freedom in what you want to do and how to progress, so there's all kinds of little projects to get invested in which has lead to a couple all nighters.

I'm curently setting up all emulators and play testing isos since the hard drive which had all of this died the day before my new one arrived. Also testing Xbone controller on my PC I got from a close relative who an heroed Thanks to Trudeau shitty politics pushing him over just as he started to be able to deal with chronic pain from illness.

Final Fantasy XII
I like it but I wish Vaan would shut the fuck up

I had Black Desert as something I wanted to try anyway, and thought two roommates buying it was a good excuse to do that. But everything about the game is mediocre or worse and I am going to fight tooth and nail to get a fucking refund from steam

I am. CC is the only reason I have 200 hours in the game.

CC really shows the potential the game can have, if only devs weren't lazy sacks of shit. Before I found it I got bored around the 8hr mark.

I'm contemplating pirating bayonetta as well as a few other games, i only have 40 dollars and i need to save up to buy a gift for someone. What do you guys think, it already sold well.

I wan to buy the lewd games so they keep making more lewd games. At the same time, i think it's better when franchise stay small so they have to try more to appeal to quality, instead of when they gain a position in the mainstream and or are taken in by a corner cutting company like EA or something.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

I like it well enough but I guess it can't live up to the amount of love people use to shower the game with. Loving the music though.

Pirate bayonetta, fucking great game. You can always just buy it later.

You mean the one guy who made the game, but yeah. CC is probably the best example of a mod available in any game

It was a one man project? I seriously thought it was a 3-4 guys indie project. It does make sense then that CC could really improve on it, since it was a group project. Yeah truly one of the best example of game modding. lso used to have some on Bethesda games until Bethesda went full Jew and tried to take profit from them instead of actually working on something good.

hm, i know i've gotten at least a handful of battle trophies. I haven't seen a guide that says how many trophies unlock what though, or how to access said outfits after the fact .

Just one guy

I don't regret buying it full price then. He did really good for a single man.

Quake 2. It's really fun on Hard+ difficulty, which is unfortunately only accessable through the console or using a source port. It feels like the way it was meant to be played, even on Hard mode it felt way to easy, whereas I am actually dying and some enemies seem really intimidating now (the Gunner for example, that grenade attack is terrifying). I've always preferred the more bullet sponge enemies of Quake 1 and 2 to DOOM. Having to actually battle the enemies instead of one shot and done is way more satisfying IMO. I also don't use the plasma armor as it was just too damn good, probably much less so on this difficulty but still.

I figured Furi was just a shitty DMC knockoff, this makes it seem like it actually has a good system behind it, I'll check it out.

Tekken 7
It's everything I could have hoped for. I just hope they patch out Denuvo soon.

PSIII definitely needs a remake. Tons of really cool ideas in that game, the execution just failed hard unfortunately.

This came pretty much right after I finished MGSV. First thing I noticed was that stealth was a lot shittier in this one, but I still naturally wanted to play a stealth character. First few missions were complete ass but it started to pick up after the first boss fight.
Pistol is completely overpowered. I haven't really used any other weapons because I haven't needed any.
Story is meh, characters are dull and completely forgettable, gameplay's alright.

I'd give it a 3/5 or a 6/10 if you asked me to rate it.
It's a good game but nothing spectacular. That said, it is a good game and worth playing if you have some interest in it.

Same here, it's the reason why I held off on buying it.

Just started it 2 days ago. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Gameplay is smooth but it's not very interesting. It's the same handful of missions over and over. Can't believe it's anywhere near as popular as it is.

Cause it's an addiction. Get out while you can.

If they keep denuvo, I'll never buy it and will only pirate. No matter how bad I want to play online. I won't stand for DRM that actively harms gameplay.

just started playing Killer7 for the first time after going through The Silver Case and Flower Sun and Rain because I've heard all those are connected they are and quite significantly at that, didn't even beat the first mission yet but it seems fun

Playing through EDF 4.1
I'm really liking it. It has that whole "humanity, fuck yeah" vibe going, except humanity's getting its shit pushed in as well. The story and voice acting are cheesy as hell, but in a charming way. The game screams "low-budget", but manages to captivate the player with that charm combined with the simple but decent gameplay.
Grinding certain missions over and over for better weapons is kind of a drag sometimes, but I wanna partly blame my terrible luck on that.

I'm pretty hyped for EDF 5.

None of those games have good gameplay.

I didn't know about Denuvo, but it looks like a bitch whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

It's even worse if you consider that mods are pretty much impossible for games with Denuvo, since the altered files will be rejected and the game can't be played. It doesn't help that Tekken 7 has less cosmetics than previous installments.

I just cleared it myself, now I'm looking for something to do in the game beyond practicing chains.

If you're on the Switch then we could play some games maybe.

Playing Gran Turismo 4. I played the shit out of it back in the day, mostly using it to see how PCSX2 has improved. Which is a lot, really. Too bad I've gotten worse at picking cars and upgrades, I used to be really good at tuning. Game still looks fantastic at 4x native resolution.

In a day or two I'm going to start playing through The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I bought all of them on GOG, but I only barely scratched the first one, so that should keep my free time filled for the next month+. I've been getting the JRPG itch lately, and while I know this isn't the rapid-fire pace of say Lunar, I think it'll be good if I settle in and get comfy with it.

I think I've played Devil May Cry 3 five times in the past four days, trying to improve. JP's Dante Must Die!-lite isn't as bad as I expected.

Playing Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 after the PSP version lends pretty good credence to the argument that small amount of content with focused goals is much better than hundreds of cars and zero upgrades or progression.
And then you get Gran Turismo 3 and 4, which have the bets of both worlds.

Currently playing through Demon Gaze. As a dungeon crawler veteran I was a little put off by the amateurish vibes the game gives out initially, but it's actually a damn well streamlined game that includes a lot of features that I wish other dungeon crawlers would adopt, like a "repeat last turn's commands" option, auto-pathing for going through large stretches of already-beaten floors, and changeable difficulty mid-game.
I honestly wish this had been my first dungeon crawler, and not the first Etrian Odyssey.

Also just started the PriPara game for 3DS. I expected nothing, and I got riduclous amounts of production value and polish. Why are Japanese "girl games" so superior to the garbage the West gets?

I'm playing Bloodborne.

It's probably the best Souls game after DeS and DaS. I really like it, I love the atmosphere, the soundtrack is amazing and I enjoy the changes in gameplay that it brings. My biggest problem with it is that it isn't on PC and never will be and also the fact that you need to pay Sony to play online.

stop overanalysing things you idiot

Taking a break from playing things for the time being, but recently finished playing through the .hack//G.U. subseries. Pretty enjoyable if you ask me, and in a number of fields, is better than the original IMOQ quartet. Especially combat, though it does make it so the games are rather easy (an exception being Taihaku, the walking explosion). Though, with IMOQ, some of the difficulty came more from rooms with shitty spawns and some enemies having nigh broken strength (single normal enemies in the later games being able to take even bulky plate wearers in two or three hits, especially if they can proc Death which leaves the target at dangerously low health on its own) than an actually enjoyable difficulty. G.U. also looks a good bit better graphically/stylistically, and I've found more of the OST to be memorable as well. Could have done with more dungeon/field variety though, and having the standard combat music change every so often would have been nice (IMOQ used a varient of the given field/dungeon theme as combat music for it, meaning there were at least 10 different standard combat and dungeon themes).

Anyhow, point being, I enjoyed them (fuck the release format for both subseries though; "one game over X entries" is most definitely a scam) and it saddens me that Namco never bothered to bring any .hack games past Redemption west (not that there were many, namely .hack//LINK and .hack//Versus), and even in Japan has let the series stagnate, with Sword Art Online vidya having usurped it's place in Namco's line of games. Nor have they seen fit to reprint them, make a pair of cheap HD collections, or even PSN rereleases.

I'd heard that Demon Gaze makes for a good entry point into dungeon crawlers myself; might have to look into it more soon. Also heard that it's getting a sequel in Japan, but I don't recall anything about if it's going to come overseas or not.

Does Star Ocean 3 still have that set up of "you can get [however many] cast members permanently recruited, but not all of them in a single playthrough" that the prior entries had?

sage for semi-off topic

I'd readily recommend Demon Gaze as an entry point, or maybe Etrian Odyssey 4 if you have a 3DS on hand.

No 3DS here, but I do have a Vita (and a DS Lite for original DS games, of which I know there were more than a few dungeon crawlers on it).

Seen that before myself, but thanks again. Strikes me that whoever has been working on that ought to update the covers and screenshots for ones that have since come out in English, like MeiQ.

yeah, you can only have 8(?) party members at any time, and i think there's 10 or 11 recruitable characters.

A bit slow to get the ball rolling, but I'm enjoying it's tone, atmosphere and the battle system.

Never played an actual GG before, but I played a bit of P4AU so I feel right at home. I've actually managed to win two games online so far.

Surprisingly brutal for an FF game. I was expecting a level of difficulty more akin to FF6, but I seem to be beating every encounter by the seat of my pants. The job system is pretty neat, but I feel like I'm gonna get way too attached to my current party setup.

Fucking hell, right after I figure out what I'm supposed to be doing in Stoneship, I'm completely fucking lost in the Iron Age I think that's what it's called. Fantastic atmosphere I'm a sucker for mid-90's prerendered CG, beautiful soundtrack, and I love the way the game dispenses information, but I get the feeling I'm not observant enough to be playing this game and why the fuck am I playing the PS1 version.

I actually beat ending A a while ago. I should really get back to this game to get the other endings, but I've just been too damn lazy.

Recently played:
Terraria
Been working on making a base I like that will house all NPCs but still look nice and is hard-mode proof.
Hopefully it all works out in the end.

Torchlight 2
Recently finished this game. I have a bit of mixed feelings on this game. It's pretty fun somewhat, and collecting gear is really addicting, but I still remember Torchlight 1 more fondly than this one.

Forgot about
Cute game. It's nice seeing gameplay more like the classic FF games in the [CURRENT YEAR]. I'm not a fan of how the dungeons are linear like in FFX, but I don't think it's a huge detractor. I think the writing is also a bit too geared towards kids, but it's also tolerable, and and frankly I get a kick out of a lot of the jokes.

finally got around to play the PSP remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

it's probably the best non-Metroidvania Castlevania

I'm playing Hover: Revolt of Gamers

Terrible naming aside the game is fun, makes me wish my Xbox still worked so I could compare it to JSRF

I haven't slept in 24 hours

Currently on the song. The music is A+, the game is ultra fun. I just find it kind of lacking, like I would have liked it more if it had a different melee system or was more of a clone to DMC or something rather than this.

Love it, but I'm shit at it.

Just finished it. I don't think I could have asked for a better game.

It's a >procedurally generated dungeon crawler set in spess. I like it but it needs more variety

See doorkickers. Any tips?

I've been wanting to play Diablo recently, but when I did it's not really as fun as I remembered it to be. Is there anything in the genre I can play that can get me back into the genre?

Is Xanadu Next really that good? I was turned off by how it looks like a Diablo style clicker game.

uhu

Infamous second son

It not as good as the first and second games but it's still pretty fun t
he powers are cool in concept but pretty boring execution wise there more or less the same 4 or 5 powers just with some simple gimmick stuck on it delsin is ok but I'd rather have evil Cole from the last game overall the game kinda made me want infamous 3

If you are just starting out, Then my best advice is take your time but don't waste it
Try and get Glass as soon as you can, it really changes the whole game.

Starsector.

Its fun stuff if you like playing fleet based combat and managing ships and supplies and fuel and ship systems and exploring and pirating and smuggling and blowing motherships up and so much more.

Phantasy Star Online 2
Autism grinding in a nutshell. Playing it with friends, so it gets its fun times.

GMod
ZS is pretty fun.

Getting ready for [st]'s non-arcade release and picking up a new main. Shit's easily my favorite new fighting game IP from recent years, wish it was more popular.

Pretty comfy Trading/Cartography simulator if some Visual Novel elements that takes place during the age of discovery. it's got a neat gimmick where when your ships come back from exploring they'll tell you what they saw; if you believe them the world shapes to what they said and if you don't you can re-explore the same area and the map will heavily change. Also depending on how you respond to rumors across the discovered map will cause events to change or happen. It keeps the game nice and fresh for multiple playthroughs, plus top tier music too that you can unlock more by discovering secrets.

At least it's understandable why the image is preaching cancer.

Yes.
It's not really a diablo style clicker. It borrows a few elements here and there.

PSO2.
I think I don't want Episode 4 team to be in charge of Episode 5.

Super Metroid

It's very well designed and controls really well. There are secrets everywhere, so revisiting or backtracking through areas you've been to before to get to a place you haven't been able to get to before due to missing a power up of sorts may end up with you finding hidden, branching paths that take you to more power ups.

Better yet, sometimes you find secrets within secrets.

Also, sometimes the game surprises you with a boss fight outta fucking nowhere with absolutely no warning, but even if you're unprepared and have no missiles you can still salvage the fight and gather pick ups from bosses while keeping the fight challenging.

I've almost beaten it now, and from learning how to wall jump properly to figuring out how to do the shoulder charge, I have to say I have enjoyed the game very much. There aren't many games that solely rely on your curiosity and intuition as well as general skill to make you stronger. You can always choose to deactivate certain power ups in the pause menu as well.

Oh and it also looks and sounds very good and has excellent controls once you get used to them. Only gripe I have is how weapons are changed.

Nice choice user. First Metroid game?

It is so fucking good isn't it

Skullgirls: 2nd Encore Plus

It's pretty much all I play these days. I've lost all drive for games except for it (being my favourite game). It's also the first fighter i've actually ever been good at. I'm an intermediate solo Valentine and working on a Big Band backup for when I need extra damage.

when i played i got a used copy, didnt have the internet and might never have known about these things until watching speed runs and such decades later if the animals didnt teach you.

My first Metroid game was Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for the Wii. Not exactly a good game to start the series with, but it was a decent game.

but yes it's so goddamn amazing and blows Metroid Prime 3 out of the water. I'm going to recommend it to all my friends

Castlevania Lords of shadows.

good shit

Rom hack on GBA emulator.
Pokemon Prism
Too bad, it got DMCA'd

System Shock 2. Got to be a lot more fun once i remade my character and knew what i was doing, ie fuck PSI, full normal weaponry. Need to play System Shock 1 now, because i was expecting Blade Runner but what i got was Aliens.

Prime 2 and 3 are the only games left on my backlog. Also, give AM2R a try. It absolutely makes you forget the fact that Other M and FF exist.

The first time I did that it happened by accident and I had no idea how to replicate it. How, I can pull off the hardest of shinesparks. If you know what to do, it isn't that hard. The timing of these (bombjumping too) can be pretty annoying, but once you get the hang of it it is so goddamn satisfying to pull off.