Planetside Thread

Outfit is dead edition

What happened in the past month that had everybody leave? Isn't our anniversary coming up?

I know it's a shit game, but we should at least be on around our anniversary.

Other urls found in this thread:

ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=asraphael
ps2.fisu.pw/outfit/?name=wwew
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-game-update-6-8.246155/#post-3464234
archive.is/q1QtN
ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com
reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/6flytq/the_monsters_we_make_part_53/
iridar.net/nsx-tengu-highly-technical-weapon-guide/
archive.is/umNnF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We went back to Project Reality.

dead as dinner. When it's out of beta we should all go back to Planetside 1.

why are the most obnoxious of kdr fags afraid of punkbuster? People are still cheating so they clearly dont care about getting banned

Our anniversary came and went lad. But this time we don't have 300 people or so to run around and have fun with, at this point everyone is burnt out, waiting for the next update, or both. thats why we wanted to kill off the threads and cool down for a good long while because we all know the "Wrel wanted to kill this game all along" patch wont be coming for a while yet.

Also highspeed has been playing too long and came down with a bad case of muh k/d so we need to take him out behind the sunderer and use the comissioner before it spreads.

No problem with that.
The devs are focusing on Squad now, did you think a game would continuously be updated forever.

just shoot him when he starts
thats what i do and he usually stops

uwot lad

PR doesnt use punkbuster for years now
the only issues still there are those when you have a bad install of it due to BF2 or 2142 being installed in parallel and conflicting.

Not to mention a lot of faggots from weww have gone over to the furfags in denial outfit on TR.

wwew*

People playing other games. There's not much you can do in this game when we autistically did them all, come join the other lads in game night with Battlefield 2142, Xonotic, or Project Reality and ect. Waiting on fucking Planetside 1 to be good and ready.

I started playing Wurm.
Then that died, too. (((suffering)))

How was the Planetside Forever weekend event? I missed it

I played both but I was probably one of the first to leave the new wurm serb.

This. I got the trac-shot, the butcher and the GOD-SAW during these threads.

This game is only good with you guys, let it sleep for a few months or play other games with wwew.

The grind for new shit can only keep you entertained and engaged for how long till you burnout, fucking gaybreak.

They didn't have a special anniversary shit for construction for May, but plenty of useless cosmetic and bundle sales.

I just started playing again anyway. I still see 1-2 other people online so it's something.

I think I'm going to stop for a while.

use slugs you silly goose

Who left?

But I'm in plenty of instances where I'm jetpacking around and the laser sight doesn't help bring the crosshair for slugs down to a size smaller than the back of a mbt.

DoctorFreud was the only one that was stupid enough to keep the same character.

h have fun guys

Shotgunner here, when you're without slugs you only use shotguns for dick range.
And when you do use slugs you're using the most (only?) skill based gun in game with the greatest potential. If you git gud you'll be left dunking everybody, non-pump slugs are 2hkos at any range on a target without nanoweave or auxiliary shields as long as you deal 1 headshot and their TTK is incredibly low not to mention the surprise effect.
I go head on with heavies without giving a shit when I have a slug shotgun because I know I can do double their damage and overcome their almost double health, and when you're standing still they're the ground between scout rifles and semi auto snipers.

Too bad I got the general movement feel from auraxing two smgs and just applied it to the Barrage. Plus I'm too lazy to actually install the game again just to get ~400 kills with a shit shotgun.

I'm glad they're "adding" alert content to do, but what's the point when it's a garbage tank that's worse than the Vanguard?
I can't wait for stalker infils to abuse the fuck out of Com Hacker and Sensor Shield to fuck over people with the Commissioner even more

I never noticed the fucking rat-tail in this video until now.

i think ebolite and some of the closet furfags left. oh well, good riddance.

The barrage with slugs is the best weapon in the game.

Wrong. Even the SOAS is better.

1v1 me nc armory fgt

I don't want to have to reinstall the game just so I can utterly demolish you though.

I never tried it with anything but the Uppercut, but there's nothing in this game more fun than playing drifter LA with a shotgun and zooming into rooms like it's fucking Vanquish. With the Uppercut you can close the distance very quickly and get a 1HK. It might be worth trying with the Barrage.

Yeah shotguns are great with jetpacks. But nobody ever did/does it because the average ps2 player is completely retarded so they made carbines accurate in the air. Honestly I believe LA is way too OP now with the added versatility of the rocklet and the upgraded carbines. Should've been nerfed after the heavy of course.
Also, don't ever mix jetpacks with slugs.

Also, Lightning-chan best vehicle.

You have to understand that the base Uppercut is a straight upgrade due to the fact that it has 4 pellets per shot more than the Barrage with seemingly less recoil per shot with the same accuracy stats.

Too bad the rocklet rifle is only really for the last little bit of health after you've dropped c4 on vehicles, even with AP rounds.
Which is why I never used the slugs, since I'm constantly jumping around and drifting over people's heads.

Fact. Slugs are the most perfect creation in the game.

Kind of empty, kind of glitchy.

good for highspeed
maybe he'll be one of the few wwew members who isn't merely a crop for farmers

the only issue is rocklets and that's because a single dipshit can take out a barrier sundy or 2 mbts

I think the main issue is that everyone who doesn't have the tumor of 'grinding is enjoyable' has left and you're stuck with the handful of people who can't let go and the new people who don't realize they're making a mistake by joining this late. I'm just glad I was the reason Nacho posted his story in the thread.

It's not so much the grinding that bothers me.
It's the cancer that fills the community and the dumb ass developers, not even battlebarding could keep me around.

The game isn't good and won't ever be without a major overhaul that Daybreak won't put up the people or money for because PS2 has been terminal for years. Solo Canister Harassers are my only joy left.

Yeah you're part of the problem

If the only ways to enjoy a game are degenerate and harmful, that's an indictment of the game.

that doesn't make you not a faggot.

the game is fun on the 2nd continent where there's no zergs or AI shitters. when all you see are infantry, flashes, sundies and valks, this game is amazing. ps2 would be instantly improved if they simply deleted half the vehicles and told their devotees to fuck off.

So you really just want a slightly more complex Call of Duty with some elements of Battlefield 3?

Yeah that's the problem with the game. None of it actually blends well, because they compromised the core of the game to try to sell to the CoD/Battlefield/CS crowd. So you've got infantry fighting inside maps, and vehicles sitting outside the maps farming infantry, and rarely anything else except now you can build your own map out of Legos assuming you had twenty thousand certs to spare, and if nobody wants to fight on your shitty map you get to punish them by locking the continent.

At least they're adding points outside bases so people can cap bases without getting out of their vehicles :^)

I really don't like high-pop biolab stalemates. You lose a lot of territory. The cancer level is basically the same as double XP week (maxes, dumbfires down corridors, C4, and spot camping all day) and it feels like you're more there for the certs than anything else.

Also, I have a few caps from double XP week along with some stories which I might choose to save for later.

m8 it deals 600dmg with all rocklets, that's almost 2/3rds of a lock on rocket. And you can also plink air and a full burst will leave a ESF with almost half HP. It's also great for maxes because they don't resist it's damage as much as small arms, I have bullied maxes to death with it a bajillion times. And of course rocklets don't work at just an individual level, they're there for every LA to spam.
This is one of the times gaybreak should've actually copied battlefield and made it so vehicles are avoidable instead of making infantry and vehicles equal.

Also the issue with the good airborne hipfire accuracy is that previously when you figured there was a LA somewhere there was a logical solution: The guy is probably on top of something.
Now when a LA is shooting someone you can't possibly know where they are, is he drifting 100m above with an accurate carbine, is he camping the top of something, is he right in front of me outside of my field of vision? Nobody knows. It was okay with shotguns because jetpacks + shotguns only worked up close but now LA is the new heavy assault in that it makes you invincible outside of your own mistakes and your class is made to dunk everything.

votees to fuck off.
The large scale vehicle combat is the only unique aspect of planetside. Take that away and all you have left is a generic shooter in an extremely stale engine.

Wrong, they deal 150 per rocket. If you hit all 6, you're dealing 900 damage (more with the AP rockets), but it's piss easy to miss shots with rounds that have a such a high gravity that you usually have to be standing right on the vehicle to get rounds to hit. Too bad the default ammo does so little damage against vehicles that you'll literally run out of ammo before you kill it, and the AP ammo requires you to be extremely close to due to the extreme drop.
Too bad you're only going to be using the default rockets or the AP rockets on them as the AA rockets don't do shit against it, and every Max has access to armor that reduces explosive damage meaning it's easier to drop c4 on it since you're not out in the open nearly as long.
Do you know how much the AP ones drop? Rocklet Rifles are only good after you've already dropped 2 c4 on a vehicle because you can usually get a mag out before you're shot, but actually using it to try to kill anything that isn't a flash is retarded.

Some wwew faggot got me into this dead game, and now that I've finished putting all the certs I need into medic and engineer I'm looking for some tips for heavy assault loadouts. What guns and loadouts are good to use? I read online adrenaline shield is the way to go, but I'll more or less have a medic focused on me so is the 40% DR shield better?

Rename here, I use the NS15-M (muh NS weapon crutch) with2x sight and grip and the high velocity mag, also compensator, otherwise I run with the blackjack if its extreme corridor shooting simulation.

Masamune is by far the best rocket launcher out there right now (hip fire shotguns all four rockets, all four rockets do more damage than the deci, and zooming in fires the four rockets one after another rapidly and allows you to half-life style wire guide them all into the nearest liberator)

Adrenalin shield is what most run in your average fight and can save your life if you can score a kill but apparently if you are decent and facing off against decent/cheating statpadders you want resist shield.

thanks for the wisdom,
Great landing, ace!

n-nani?

Compensator is a stupid idea. You can't overcome accuracy with skill and no gun in this game even has much recoil (which the compensator reduces). It's also tactically inferior for making you appear on the minimap.

Meta is ASC + CQC LMG + resist + medkits + battle hardened/implant of choice. This will give you your extra health crutch and allow you to keep it going with as little downtime as possible.
If you have really bad aim (as in, unable to be invincible while having the best guns in game and double the health pool of everyone else) adrenaline + CQC LMG + nanoweave + aux shield + regen/battle hardened implants will make you even tankier but with more downtime.
If you have good aim swap the CQC LMG for a NS one, less damage but rewards skill (as far as being a heavy goes).

Fucked up.
Should be

Next you're going to say forward grips are shit because laser sights tighten up bloom and is more 'noticeable' than 25% less shake. Don't forget that shit RNG can reduce shotgun damage up to 90% because of how they work.

Should have just waited until they shat out the new implants, and it would have let you have more certs to be able to get duplicates to dump into ISO4

hmmmm

Okay that's funny

Now someone draw over the gap.

Upward recoil isn't an issue, it's upward and doesn't even have RNG.
Now horizontal recoil is pure RNG that can't be humanely overcome and foregrips do make sense on guns that don't bias to one side.

Having a compensator on a gun that's built from the ground up to be "accurate at distance" is far better than not having it, as it reduces upwards accuracy making followup shots easier. Considering the Reaper DMR and SABR-13 have a 25% reduction and the AC-X11 has a 20% reduction with a compensator (all guns that are designed to be weapons you use to pick people off and not sit on the front lines), it's retarded to not abuse it with them. 15% reduction doesn't seem like a lot for the rest, but on things like Scout Rifles where a few followup shots are needed to kill people, 15% less recoil is extremely helpful. As it also reduces the first shot multiplier, burst only guns and semi-auto guns are always kicking less, and are extremely good at long range fights where the hipfire debuff and increased detection on the minimap (which should never fucking matter unless you're running stealth which you should have an infil with suppressors anyway) doesn't matter. Of course not all guns benefit from a compensator, like the SMGs, but who actually runs a compensator on an SMG?

I spent 7500 certs and didn't get battle hardened which I already had and I actually wanted minor cloak

You might have to spend some good goy points because good goy points give a higher chance of dropping it and the other one from what I've heard, and don't forget you'd have to spend either 12,225 certs or 62 dollars worth of good goy points to upgrade a single implant from level 1 to level 5 if you have no ISO to begin with. What I like the most is that they rolled out boxes players can get if they clear the first directive set for infantry, but only if you're a new player.

nanoweave doesn't affect headshots, resist is going to be more ehp against any opponent that matters.

It's unique to planetside because it's terribly done and it killed the genre. Tank and plane gameplay is trash compared to games focused on it, and they're terribly integrated with the overall game. If AI weapons, tanks, and libs were removed, you'ld be left with a solid base to build sane combined arms from.

I think vehicle and airshitters just need something to do.

Ive shilled this idea so much i might be as bad as a tripfag, but construction around bases. Cant farm the infantry if they're stuck in an explosive present, only organized vehicle and infantry zerg cna bust open the nutcase. But it also gives vehicles a sense of purpose. Also, teamwork

Also to add to this, just imagine how much better of a fight we could have attracted to the Crown if the autism base was made to be closer to the actual base

if the devs were competent, then sure. construction in theory could have filled in a lot of gaps, instead it's just created more problems waiting for a fix that will never come.

fucking
just why
i guess i can understand compensator with the 2x since it has a noticeable recoil bias, but HVA is always shit. Most engagements are within 30m, several within 15m, and you want that SPA to lower your TTK. +20m to min damage range from HVA is worthless because at those ranges you'll drop a terrible player anyways, or if they're good they'll easily zigzag chug and get away.

I don't agree with the Masamune being "by far the best rocket launcher", but whatever. I've just never seen people drop MAXes or ESFs reliably with it so that knocks it down a huge peg for me.

Run Adrenaline/NW if you're against a bunch of shitties who can't headshot and you drop targets quickly. I honestly wouldn't bother with this until you're better at heavy. Riskier against NC since they'll accidentally headshot you with a SAW.

Resist/ASC is far more reliable. Overall cheaper, too. This works out to being more EHP and is much more versatile. Adrenaline only fills a certain niche. Adrenaline/NMG also have the benefit of providing their HP boost at any time. To get the most mileage out of RS you need to activate it before any bullets hit you.

If you're planning on doing LMG directive, I'd recommend these LMGs to aurax:
T9 Carv, MSW-R, NS-15M, T32 Bull, TMG-50

you have hardly seen it because nobody has really picked it up. I swear to you that its just as easy to turn a corner and smash a max with your rocket-shotgun masamune as it is to smash it with the default launcher or the decimator, and the wire guided feature can be used to send your missiles exactly where they need to be.
both the tight-shotgun spread and the wire guidance can increase your potential hits on a target as well.

"Experience the population disadvantage of the VS with none of the XP boost"

Remove half the bases on the map, leave some permanent structures and obstacles where they used to be as a foundation for base building, add nanite reserve tanks to bases and make spawns and vehicle pulls drain it, add nanite pipelines from the warpgate with stations that can be hacked/tapped with an ANT to resupply bases that have been cut off. Make permanent bases more defensible - automated AA/AV/AI turrets, one way shields, more teleporters, underground networks, with terminals and generators to hack or destroy to disable them. I don't know what to do about Sunderers and their current conflicting existence of unlimited spawns/health too low when stationary/good guns/health too high as a battlebus convoy except maybe make guns and spawn module mutually exclusive, I think making Sunderer spawns require nanites would be too much fussy micro in a game where zergs can't even be bothered to bring more than one Sunderer anyway.

I have an idea, why don't we split the Sunderer in to two vehicles. We could have the Sunderer as the gun toting battle bus meant for taking troops through the hail of gunfire, and make a new vehicle with just the AMS module. We could even name the new vehicle the AMS to make it stick with people. Since this AMS would be pretty defenseless, we could give it the cloaking field upgrade for free.

Oh, and remove victory points. Continent locking doesn't exist, re-add continent lattice. Defensible bases should be tuned to add enough obstacles that forcing a faction off a continent requires one day+ of concerted effort, reversing requires the same. Empty bases should be resilient enough to survive small squad 3am ghostcapping with minimal player support, small squads can cause a ruckus and fuck things up - sabotage nanite pipelines, disable vehicle spawns, etc - but not actually flip major bases. Remove redeploy, squad spawn, & instant action except across adjacent hexes, players can deploy from warpgate along active nanite pipelines.

Alerts should still exist to concentrate player count, I don't know what the reward should be. Something more than certs, something less than 12hr 50% discounts. Maybe 2hr discounts only on other continents to encourage strategic use.

I'd prefer a much stronger deploy shield that eats a resource of some kind, maybe an area shield to protect spawners so Sunderers don't become a hopeless farm as soon as the attackers get pushed back to it. Cloak is a gimmick, only necessary because of the Sunderer's current conflicted state, solves the same problem but it's too easy for one smarter than average player to end. I like the idea of a split, like APC vs IFV.

I'm not a big fan of area shields or an even larger health pool. If you've been pushed to your sundy and the guns can't prevent spawn camping, then the fight is lost by all rights. And giving them insane hp buffers makes them even more overbearing on small numbers. They shouldn't be carrying fight completely on their back.

To me the problem is only the number of ways you can quickly spike out a sundy, and the true answer is probably a time based mechanic so that it can scale to large and small fights well. For instance, an invulnerability that triggers when a sundy goes critical, starts at 0 seconds when you deploy and gains 1-2 seconds of charge per minute. So 10 minutes into a fight, you'ld have a 10-20 second window to react and stabilize your spawn. If it was some quick cheese, it should live, if you're losing the fight, it should still die.

Try killing this guy and saying thanks, I think he's a bit of a hot head.
On a related note the T9 is wonderful and you're a nigger if you disagree.

I remember about a year ago some people said turning off the fucking hud made the game run better.

Yep. Games takes more cpu power to constantly compress ultra textures to low version of textures. Everything in the far off distance is ultra then compressed to low. Fucking daybreak.

It's a feature.

The HUD of planetside is made in flash
HUDs in general are pretty heavy, but planetside 2's is made in flash on the same core as the rest of the game so it's specially heavy.

here's a good video

Nice blog

it shows that even these kinda people know what's up with the game and it's slowly building traction and hopefully one of two things will happen

I got banned for "cheating", permanent ban for my 300+ hours account so I'm glad anything to do with this shitty game is dying.
I spent a week appealing and got no response or even an explanation of what I did to get banned other than "cheating" so fuck daybreak and fuck you guys keeping it alive

No goy, all you get is worse versions of guns other factions have with your faction traits.

why don't they fucking hurry up and put ns as their own fucking faction in already

That wouldn't be such a bad idea
Of course, everyone would then play NS beause it's the new kid in town and we'd have a new mattherson but it would be fun if that ever died off.
People also had an idea which i believe was really good and that idea was having NS mercenaries that acted as the designated 4th factioneers and worked as pop balancers and used NS weapons only.

all of that sounds good to me but gals need a faction variant tbh

Were you cheating?

if youve read any script kiddie forums youd know the mental gymnastics these people pull are astonishing

source?

Oh shit I forgot the sundae

(checked)
I had written off the weeb rocket as a dumb meme. It's actually OP as fuck. You have shown me the error of my ways.

Look at the rest of the NSX weapons. The Tomoe, Naginata and Tanto are unbelievably accurate, to the point where the Tomoe is literally a headshot only gun if you can compensate for recoil at all. Even better, the Naginata cof locks at .6 standing/.4 crouched and the Tanto cof starts as a literal dot. I can't wait for the one NSX smg that's quite literally a shotgun, and I can't wait to see what bullshit the NSX sniper will be.

Hey guys
pay2honk

Just wait for the dancing emotes to show up at some point. I'm actually shocked they haven't done it yet tbh.

This really just sounds like there'd be sundies full of newbies rolling around getting the shit farmed out of them by some guy in a banshee mosquito.

They've also got some jokes like the throwing knife and the yumi, I thought the shotty rocket was one of those.

That was a shitty stupid show.

Why did Lexx have any fans?

But if you have a bunch of infantry with aa rockets or shooting enough rounds they tend to run away. I just want to do things like this.

I think the Yumi was a case of 'we don't know what we're doing, but this sounds fun', but the throwing knife is shit because grenades are shit.

Anyway, played this briefly today. Remembered why I stopped.
How do I un-burn out?

You don't, or you slowly fall down the 'grind literally everything to aurax' like I did.

The first season was neat.
Actually really just the first episode was neat besides the trite story.

Fucking hell.
How long until we get a NS chaingun?

Everything good TR has is either nerfed into the ground or given to everyone else as a faction specific gun. Why do you think the NC have a carbine that shoots faster than literally all but one of our carbines?

God fucking damn it.
That's literally our goddamn schtik.
It's a shitty one, too. But, it's ours! We're supposed to be the fucking dakka faction!

It's balanced.

Now make one with "LIBERATED" written in white on a black rectangle.

hmm

The TR is just fucking boring.
Their ES rocket launchers, ES heavy weapons, ESFs, and seconary vehicle weapons are all far more boring than the NC/VS counterparts. That's not to say they're ineffective, they're just… boring. I even find the Prowler to be the most boring MBT to drive.

VS gets all the funnest stuff without it being shit, either. The Lasher, Lancer, Aphelion, Saron, PPA, Magrider are all unique but perform their intended roles very well.
It's painful to drive my TR harasser. The NC/VS weapons are so much funner.

It's the NS8_Senka

NC MAXes are probably the best in the game with how much damage their shotguns seem to do, and TR MAXes are a very close second.

no I wasnt cheating, I never cheated, used scripts or anything. one day I woke up, tried to log in and had a permanent ban slapped on my account. Appealed but for a month they ignored me and when they finally replied they wanted my home address, phone number, and a fucking pic of my passport.

Daybreak are cunts and deserve everything coming to them anyway dont support the kikes who insult their community for fun

Real talk, TR is the worst faction. Most dull everything. From weaponry, to looks, to actual balance, hell even the playerbase outside of us is boring. Just zergs 24/7

Things that never happened for 500 please.

hello Daybreak shill
I personally think they were insulting me since directly after this shitty fucking "support" email they sent me another asking me to rate the quality of their support service along with the appeal emial asking for that personal info

and again no I never touch cheats and had been playing with the outfit since we created it last year. Poetic end for me atleast that my final game was successfully defending the crown with a lone platoon from wwew

I'll be the first to admit that no Planetside at all is better than what we have now, but can I get some proof?

i didn't want to get to this because it sounds like a stupid excuse, but I cant because the support ticket with he appeal is tied to my account which daybreak has locked.

The kicker was that even being able to appeal the account I needed to log in to the account to access support ticket. but they locked me out of my account after the email thus denying me chance to even appeal it, not that I would dare give my fucking passport pic or address to these kikes

Daybreak really is this retarded. You're still probably a lying cheat though.

fuck you I never use cheats, How the fuck am I a cheater when my k/d was one of the worst in the outfit. I played for fun and all 300 hours of progression was lost for no reason with no explanation

I just want some proof that they want a passport.

I have a suggestion why not wait for your inevitable ban and then see what bullshit they send you in the pms support mail and lock/delete your account before you can reply

Can I have proof they asked for your passport? Or are you just making it up because you actually cheated?

can you read english? I literally just told you I cant get the fucking support ticket reply because they locked and terminated the account

what was your name

Then how do you know they asked for a passport image? Why did you never take a picture of it and post when you first started bitching about it in the thread? You're not helping your case at all.

asraphael

you we're lucky I even found that one email I got posted but that was from direct message to their customer support not the support ticket shit they tie to your account

Here's how I know you're lying. You say you had one of the lowest kd's in the outfit, yet you're one of the handful of people above 1.0 after dropping the chunk that are under level 20 or haven't signed in for at least 2 months. You're just asshurt because you modified something and got caught.

and still didn`t get the chance of re-enacting nam with wwew

See if they have a phone number for customer service, try to draw their attention non social media or make a thread on their official forum

Christ user, you're better than this.

I'll check those dubs though.

sure nothing I will say will make you believe me and you're literally pulling stats out of your ass.
Everyone else, drop this shitty game and find something else. Dont supoort daybreak who ban you for literally no reason under the guise of "cheating, but we cant tell you exactly why goy"

ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=asraphael
ps2.fisu.pw/outfit/?name=wwew
Keep crying, you got caught being a faggot and you can't stop spering out because a few people are having fun.

yeah sure with about 1% of wwew still playing. I personally know I got banned for literally nothing with their petty excuse of "cheating" and cucks like you keeping this alive is just annoying

Stay asshurt.

As109

Should have bought a membership, goy

Maybe if TR wasn't so overpowered VS and NC wouldn't constantly have to double team TR.

just pester the shit out of them
worked for a friend of mine

I'm thinking of either trying to finish out the grenade and turret to get the aurax armor for Engie or start running Medic, but I don't know what weapons to get for the medic outside the SABR.

has the cheating died down at all?
i want to play again

From what I can tell it has, but expect NC to have a shitload more population than normal.

thats actually perfect, id rather fight nc then vanu.
Did burgers become the new meta?

they've always been the meta but just had a tranu spell as of late

It might be due to the fact that it's summer and they're the "default" faction.

New patchnotes lads.
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-game-update-6-8.246155/#post-3464234
archive.is/q1QtN

Why archive, everyone here is making Daybreak shekels anyway either by being a goy or being the content for a goy and it's not like they have ads on their site.

Anyway the Lib nerf is nice, I'm glad the discounts are gone even though it's a money grab for resource boosts, vehicle capture points are an awful fucking idea, SNA was my favorite base to defend and I'm going to miss it, buffs to all non-Magrider armor is cool, new SMG looks busted as fuck and so do half the new implants. Time to grub for Carapace and Combat Surgeon and be obnoxious with a Gauss Rifle, I guess.

Facility Benefits
Tech Plant

Is now required for both Main Battle Tanks and Liberators.

oohhhh shiitt. I like that, makes them much more desirable and much more important to assault. I like some of these changes.

Like:
Don't like:

All of TR's assault rifles are fantastic with maybe the exception of the TORQ-9 which is just meh. Nothing special.
Here's 5 you can aurax easily:
T1 Cycler
T1B Cycler (it's a better Equinox Burst)
Cycler TRV
SABR-13 (its a better Gauss Rifle Burst)
TAR

Carapace seems interesting. Mixed with shit like max rank Vampire, heal nades (not revive nades), Combat Surgeon and NRC it could be pretty broken. Heal nades especially since when stacked with NRC medics can be very hard to kill, doubly so if they're using an NS-11A or something.

So happy to see recon and EMP protection back. Probably going to run Ocular Shield on my heavy now.
fuck yes
the most broken shit in the game got knocked down a big peg

Overall looks like a pretty good patch. Not looking forward to when they nerf vehicle engagement ranges.

I dunno why they buffed claymore when it's the best AI mine going.

When working on the carbines, Trac 5 Burst made me wish I picked up a different gun because of how similar it felt to the Trac 5, but the Trac 5S forced me pick up a different gun, but at least it helps.
Too bad it's directional so you're less likely to get a kill once someone just hops over it unlike VS/NC mines where they hit a 360 bubble around them.

For some reason I didn't list NS-11A which is god tier. Definitely aurax that if you decide to shoot for AR directives. Cannot go wrong picking it up.
Do that instead of T1B honestly.

>looking at ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com
With Vanu, you win.

I couldnt get past the first fifteen minutes. Stupid aids faggot and ugly fat people, for no reason, and shitty ship designs.

But you can. Bring Sundies for supports, and just do it that way.

It falls under the radar because VS constantly spams the Betlegeuse.

I like to pull an AA ammo sundie because it's an easy way to get certs.

I wish we still had up to four squads on sometimes, we really need everyone back for the summer next update I have the urge to pull a dozen stealth sundies with dual AA with two crew a piece and park them by the enemy warpgate

The updates start tomorrow, so maybe people will start filtering in to see what's different.

Also, being a HA with 2 C4, a dumbfire, and 4 AV grenades is an amazing feeling.

i did it gamers
3 minutes before the patch

>>>/reddit/

Swapping to NC after hundreds of hours in TR was the best decision I've made in the game. I'm thinking of going Vanu eventually to shit over everyone and really get my K/D up after having gained actual skill playing in hard mode

ancaps > fags

I've come to hate TR the most. Especially the TR Emerald playerbase. It happens very quickly when you're constantly fighting underpop and have to deal with Anchored Prowlers (which are essentially the boltshitters of the vehicle game) shelling you and Banshees killing you before you can even react. Outfits like RAUG, LATE, BTYR and AODR don't help the feeling either. Betelgeuses doing pointholds is annoying too but at least I have a real chance of dealing with them.

I just play whatever faction has the least pop when Iog in.
If you do play VS you'll probably find the infantry shitty at first because of the underpop issue but you'll also find you're bumping into a lot of the same allies and squadding up with them and working your way up a ladder.

the reason no ones on is because of these threads people have lost interest and yet spergs keep making these, just stop for a bit and let people get over their burnout. Most everyone will come back when the armor update hits. tbh after a good 200 hours in other games i'm ready to shit on some nc and vs again but I just want my gatekeeper to be changed already
casstap if thats you don't you fucking dare go full faggot not even I did that

casstap shitposts with certain bait for so long he begins to believe what he's saying is his own views

NSX Tengu
The newest addition to the Nanite Systems export family of weapons is the NSX Tengu. This mischievous SMG is defined by its automatic firemode that releases four pellets per shot, perfect for dispensing of close quarters adversaries. From the hip, the weapon has a wider spread, and while aiming down sights, a built-in smart choke narrows the pellet spread for engaging mid-range targets.

It's literally a lag generator

wow, what an absolute faggot

Holy shit these people are so fucking retarded how are they dumb enough to think of these things but still able to put them in the game?

They somehow fucked up the day/night cycle. It's permanently day, randomlys changes to night for a minute and then instantly flips back.

I'm totally not going to go VS main now.

He's wearing an energy fedora.
When a fedoralord is powerful enough, they can wear an invisible fedora made out of their fedora-tipping-ness.

He's a fairly low tier mega fedoralord though, considering his head is lowered reducing the arc which the fedora will travel during a standard tip. Unless he's using a heavily modified version of one of the techniques which the council banned after it nearly destroyed the wearer and those around him.

shaking my tip tbh

I've extensively studied fedora rings to allow for a full catalog so people would know what to wear when, and those are standard rings. There has not been a new fedora ring in well over 100 trillion billion fedora tips.

that's where you're wrong lady, he is the chosen one

Daily reminder that:

xenophilia > libertarianism > communism.

TR isn't even under Communism you nigger.

To you he is the chosen one. To the masters of the fedoraverse, he is just another pawn in the hands of the true g-ds.

Seems pretty communist to me. Even the worst kind, stalinist.

Too bad conservative and authoritarian is in their description and that they're literally a Republic that elects a senate a President every 4 years on Earth. If it wasn't for NS being warmongers and getting pissy that there were restrictions in place, NC never would have been created leading to a near constant riots and rebellions which gave VS the idea to start forcibly converting people to their religion. But no red=communism despite red being used in flags of countries that don't even follow Communism quite regularly.

The elections are a total sham and you know it.

TR is the military on Auraxis and is different than the TR government on Earth. You do realize that Auraxis has been cut off from Earth for several hundred years and TR is just trying to keep things under control until they can get back to Earth right? Besides, elections in the most first world countries here are a total sham, so maybe we should try to fix that before we argue about fiction :^).

new ikanam is cancer incarnate, you can use construction right on top of it.

If you think putting construction on Ikanam is bad, just wait for the changes to orbital strikes. They'll be able to hit anything not under a skyshield, and orbital strikes ignore all cover.

You should have seen planetside 1 at the end of its life, when every player had OS unlocked

yeah, i'm probably just going to stop playing the game at that point if they don't make attacking player bases less of a nightmare.

It's almost like wrel is intentionally trying to kill the game.

So you're saying that random autism bases have a purpose now

Wrel is a dick head but 96+ defended bio labs are far greater farms than anything vehicles could do. Wrel, the patron saint of infantry siders is doing them a massive favor.

as109 i hope you like gouro and child rape.

no, it has to be misspelled in thickly applied paint or crayon. "LibUraTEb by teh NC"

Jesus Christ i didn't even get to experience the abortion that is the rest of this update.

i cant wait till this all the classes other than heavy and infilshitter get canned and replaced with implants.

now infilshitters get an auto shotgun with carbine deeps, joy.

what game do you think your playing?

Outside the cert farm to fill the silo and the occasional attack because you generate VPs slowly, yes.

It'll be so great.

What's best is that it reloads faster than the rest of the smgs tr gets access to as well.

Just saying if like half the fucking people from wwew went to tranu, it would get nerfed into the ground. But no, you continue to restrict yourself to the weakest faction then continue wondering why tranu gets buff after buff while TR gets nerf after nerf becuase rather than learning how to play 4D chess you fight against the current letting TR get worse and worse and tranu getting better and better.

The Tengu was an amazing idea we swear.

So 0 devs play VS and NC?

If we're using dev to mean programmers, then there's nobody playing. If we're using dev to include anyone on the development team like art/sound, then practically all of them are on VS/NC.

It's balanced we swear!

explain this to me

prolonged exposure to vanu turned him into a homosexual.

what the fuck have i just come across
reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/6flytq/the_monsters_we_make_part_53/

the gd-22s is the most babby mode easy gun ive ever auraxed

this man needs a lethal dose of zyklon b administered

At least Planetside has a structured lore and not the shit Souls has where it's nothing but 'let's write up a vague backstory and then gut most of it to let people imagine everything', so it's mostly just trying to explain weird things and not having to explain literally everything because there's almost no information.

This is so autistic i almost feel like making a reddit acount and shitposting on his thread then mass downboating it.

A killer feature!

And that's why you were banned…

How many people do you think complain specifically about wwew in their reports?

Okay, what the fuck did they put in the new patch to make it into 1.7gb installation, because if this is all cosmetic shit, then fuck it.

A shitload of changes to the Biolabs and Ikananm is completely redesigned, along with Hossin getting a skybox change.

biolabs no longer attempt to refract every single thing within a 6 thousand unit radius regardless of render dist. settings across multiple points (except indar which still does until the second update comes with its full rework)

Okay, I'll sit through the download. Piece of shit Gaybreak finally doing some useful changes

Only problem is that TR now has the lowest pop so we constantly get fucked over even more now.

I know, even those Gaybreak plebbitside 2 shills in youtube are crying about it, but got nothing better to do and just killing time till the E3 stream.

I'm going to try to aruax the default knife to get the aurax version instead of trying to get kills at 70+ m. Send help.

It'll be worth it.

wonder if that's the intention is to just phase TR out

Opinion on turning screen shake into a concussive effect? Not only is it more manageable, but it's realistic too.

The screen shake that will affect accuracy can come back immediately after the concussive effect that can only be healed by medkit and/or medic.

I was reading a TIME article and found it interesting and was also wondering why FPS introduce immediate screen shake when the explosion more compresses your insides and makes you numb, sort of like a mini concussion.

Thoughts?

Also the immediate screen shake after concussive effect is not a necessity but an option.

made about 600 certs in 3 hours

you're pretty much guaranteed to have enough range kills if you do heavy or explosive directives. mines and lockons are ez modo marksman ribbons

I'm somewhat enjoying the muffled panic that comes from being a stalker infil that only uses a suppressed pistol to destroy infantry deployables and a knife for everything else. After that, I'm thinking of working on the auraxium plated knife, oneshot knife, the nsx knife and the one ugly knife that came with the lumifiber helmet because I hate myself.

Plausible.

I can confirm that this shit actually does happen. I was hit with a cheating ban for a few days, tried to appeal and only got a response after a week and a half. I decided to fuck with these niggers and not leave them alone until i broke them. They kept giving me automated messages until i called them out on it. They said they would "put it in the notes that i was not cheating" which is kind of retarded.

So yes, you do get banned for cheating, while not cheating. I have zero idea what the fuck the rest of the part about the home address and all that but I will say that their anti cheat is fucking garbage.

I would welcome it at this point. TR gets so fucked over im surprised they havent just up and removed them already.

Fuck's sake.

get what your saying though its total bullshit

fun fact the vanu knife has an actual sound I can only hear by enabling my HD audio, so basically everyone who is running without a soundcard/motherboard enabled bloatware can't hear it, good stuff

Muffled balance in the distance

I was looking up the knives earlier, and someone was bitching about how the VS knife is shit because it has a light effect that makes it worse than TR's knife 'because it's a lightsaber'

???

Lexx sure was better than the shit we get as science fiction today.

You haven't seen the fairly regular glitch where someone is treated as "dead" and have a corpse model but is still running around? Which carbine is that? It better not be the Trac 5S because the excuse that it has a lot of attachments doesn't make up for the fact that it's the worst carbine I've used.

Aren't you glad that vehicles are no longer half off and c4/av grenades aren't have off anymore either? Aren't you glad that continent locks aren't worth shit anymore? Don't you want Magriders to have all the good points and the Prowler to have all the shitty ones? This is just an attempt to force people to buy recourse boosts even more considering you'll never have anything half off anymore and pulling anything drains way too much.

It's the basic one you start with. All my certs went into muh vehicles.

Put a forward grip on it, the only carbines you really want a laser sight on are the Jaguar and Lynx.

It puzzles me; if anything it's harder to spam the tanks, so why the fuckballs are they rolling off the assembly lines now? It's like people have suddenly remembered they can spawn them.

There's just not enough of a price difference between a lightning and an mbt so now everybody pulls them instead, hell they're cheaper on a per-person basis.

A minute of extra driving was literally the only thing holding back the sundycaust.

I'm having a lot of fun with the lightning. Do you want me to dump my shitposting at ElRay?

It's hysterical. Ignore the fact that I spelt intelligence wrong, it was 2am when I was writing most of this and 3 now.

No it isnt. And you arent setting the bar low, you leaving buried in the mantle of the Earth where SGU left it.

Tell the faggot, Puerto Rico still isn't gonna be a US state.

Fuck

You know, eventually, there wouldnt even be a reason to keep running premium accounts. You would have everything certed.

I have no idea what I did to cause him to be this butthurt, but it's quite enjoyable.

All I did was sit in a HEAT Lightning getting multikills because people were sitting in 2-3 batches in towers letting me shoot them along with the random vehicle or two. I'm waiting on the Viper buff because I want to aurax the Lightning due to how nice it handles with max rival.

The spic nigger going all "where the white womyn at?" was fairly entertaining.

I'm honestly looking forward to the changes to vehicle ammunition. The vehicle handling update was a very pleasant surprise too, I've noticed that as a direct result it's much easier to climb slopes and shit. Sliding is not nearly as obnoxious either, and it helps when firing at things, because you can stop to acquire the target faster

I'm enjoying the fact that a lot of the powerslides I've done recently are quite often because I wanted it to happen and not because the vehicle physics decided to fuck me over.

Makes me wish the sunderer could have tracks. Less speed but better grip and obviously the ability to rotate on the spot.

TR is still overpowered.

Not really used it-how fucking stupid is the tengu for those who've unlocked it? As far as I can tell it's a magfed shotgun without any of the drawbacks of a magfed shotgun, or even a shotgun.

It sucks. It's another shitty gimmicky NSX weapon where most of the time you're just wishing you had something more predictable/reliable. The only time it seems to shine is when it's in some shitter's hands and they turn around after you open up on them and accidentally land the full volley on your head.

Based on what I saw on PTS several months ago, I'd rather have the Armistice. The laser sight reduces the cof as well as the pellet spread just to make it a little more bullshit when they decide to buff it.

its a light assault deleter

also worth a look at
iridar.net/nsx-tengu-highly-technical-weapon-guide/

Considering I like the Trap unironically, I think I might give it a go.

The SOAS has slightly more recoil (but less bloom per shot) than the Trap, but it's full auto and has a compensator. If you liked the AMR, you'll really like the HSR-1 as well. Please pick up scout rifles, suffer through the pain I did.

I actually already have one (the accurate full auto one) and I quite enjoy them. 'Problem' is, I don't actually give a shit about most of the scout rifles or even the aurax stuff. I ground out for the butcher, however that was as much as because I was halfway along before I discovered it was a bit of a turkey compared to the beetlejuice and godsaw and couldn't be arsed to abandon it.
Plus I like machineguns too much.

Please stop making these threads so I can be free from the site.

At least they're not as shit as the Hailstorm. Although the Chaingun is actually quite good if you don't mind pushing into a chokepoint, getting a 2 kills and dying, then seeing everyone moved into the room when you respawn.

Guess what smg I'm using right now. :^)
I dunno, I'm a contrite shit like this. I think it's because I'm of the mindset that if I get good with something 'worse' than it's less likely to get nerfed, more likely to get buffed or ignored with the balance changes.
In all seriousness though, I really couldn't get on with the armistice. Not enough ammo in the magazine.

The Armistice is a 'sneak up and kill one guy by shooting him in the back and hide with your cloak to reload' and the Hailstorm is a 'I want a TR carbine shrunk down to an SMG with none of the benefits of a carbine outside having a large mg and all the negatives of an SMG outside of hipfire cof'. Of course, you could just learn to aim :^)

I am so goddamn smug right now.

wew lad

Nice numbers.

It's overpowered as shit; i've never gotten so many kills with something so fast

Pfffft. Picture very related.

TR strategy at it's finest.

In all seriousness, I'm so used to firing for long periods without reloading due to lmgs I cannot into the armistice (and most guns as my faggu alt) because I'm so used to firing off 15 rounds as a 'burst'. I get the armistice is a better spiker but I prefer the hailstorm's ammo capacity, even though I know it's an inferior gun. Remember, I'm the guy who unironically loves the trap.

Nigga, I unironically think the scout rifles are the best guns in the game, don't give me shit about how you like a bad gun. Granted, I'm too used to sprinting into a room and dying before I can magdump anything other than the Armistice or one of the 750rpm 40 round variants to really be good with anything else.

Scout rifles are better for hanging back I find. I like using them as a nastier battle rifle/ambusher weapon.

They should belong to LA where they'd actually be helpful, but they're stuck with a class that would be better off with smgs at hugging distance and literally any irons sniper for close to medium range. The only reason the AMR is given to HA/Medic/Engie is because it's not a "scout rifle" so they can make it seem like there's more weapon types in the game. I should know, I've auraxed all of them but the directive gift one as well as Infil.

I will fight you nigger.

The second season was worth watching as well if just for the silly planet-of-the-week scenarios.

Every single day
There should be an XP bonus for getting gangraped this hard

There is an xp bonus, it even says so right there.

There is only an XP bonus at late night when TR has low pop and still is being gangraped by both factions. There is no XP bonus during the day when TR has 35% of the pop and is still losing all of its territory.

Havent tried this out yet, but apparently we can make our own voice channel. Be warned, tranu and blue goys can join it too, so i would not recommend posting it in threads

archive.is/umNnF

Are you advocating a 'xp bonus based on the amount of territory the faction has'?

There aren't enough people online to justify even thinking about it, and nobody who's still playing even uses a mic. Besides, why can't you just not be a faggot and use outfit chat?

Would you really want 10+ Magriders (which will have the fastest reload speed in one of the next few updates) floating over the hills on the other side of the continent because VS is almost out of territory? How about a squad full of canister harassers (they're going to be nerfed soon, but still) because NC lost a huge chunk of their territory?

Quality

So how do I not die instantly and how do I make my guns not shit?

Learning to aim and playing a better faction. Practically all guns are sidegrades, like how the Jaguar is worse than the Trac 5 at ADS but god tier at hip fire, while guns like the Cougar and T5 AMC are god tier at medium range ads but worse than the Trac 5 at close up fighting. The only way you'll get good with a gun is by constantly using it. Go to VR and dump 6+ mags to see how the gun will generally recoil and how the rounds land on a target at various ranges.