Diddy Kong Racing DS

Has there ever been a worse betrayal?

Yes.

im convinced those games were only made so some dev could get his gf a job making clothing designs lol

They redeemed themselves a bit with Nioh, but it still doesn't change how much of a huge downgrade it is compared to Itagaki's direction with Ninja Gaiden & Ninja Gaiden II

obligatory

That got rid of that awesome Indian elephant.

don't trust yourself

How was deathwing a betrayal?

Plenty.

Bethesdoom wasn't a betrayal, everyone with more than half a mind knew it was going to be shit.

How is Danger Zone a betrayal?

I'm playing it, I'm having a moderate amount of enjoyment, but god damn it, there is so much missed potential here.

Why is that so mcfucking funny

I found a real betrayal. I'll rant about this later, if the thread is still up. This isn't even missed potential, this is just an abortion that went unaborted.

What a massive disappointment.

The missed potential is that Yooka's a boy and they didn't switch it up

What's wrong with lady layton?

I think some expected it to more resemble Burnout and not just a lolphysics tech demo.

the worst part about this game is that you can hardly even tell anything apart because the screen is cluttered with shit and they threw contrast out the window. way too many 2.5D or whatever you want to call them games fall into this trap.

Wait, whats wrong with the game? It seemed fine when i played it all those years ago.

Razor's Edge methinks is more absolving than people realize then again I'm prob just shilling

What an actual shame.
I (still) can't believe that are subhumans who defend this

I gotta know, is EOH really that bad compared to All Star battle?

But user, you could play as him.

I always see this called shit, but nobody elaborates. Can somebody elaborate?

im enjoying it a lot more than i thought i would, but yes.

The guys who made it made E.Y.E. so i guess

Aside from the shitty touch screen implementation and the awful music remakes, it was essentially the same game. There are much worse "betrayals", especially by Rare.

We are the dead.

Best answer

yes
its called
spore

I don't really consider X7 a betrayal. They tried to make MMX in 3D, but lacked the competence to do it. It's absolutely fucking terrible, but it makes me disappointed rather than angry.

I guess you're right. If anything, X5 or X6 would have to be the betrayal of the X series, since X5 is the point where they started cutting corners to turn a profit, and X6 is the point where, even though the story had already been wrapped up, they continued pumping out additional shitty, low-effort games for profit. The fact that X7 is so incompetent is suspicious, when the same company put out games like Legends 2 and Devil May Cry only two years prior. It feels like it was given to a team of interns, rather than anyone who knew what they were doing.

Most likely the X7 team had little experience with 3D games.
X5 is the closest a MMX game comes to pissing me off. Because while it turned out good, you can tell Inafune was phoning it in. He wanted to wrap up the X series and set up the Zero series as quickly and as cheaply as possible, and the sheer amount of re-used assets really makes that show.
Even X6, a buggy mess that was made in less than a year, had more original assets and ideas than X5.