Ragnarok Online Thread: The revenge of the thread

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/
A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

originsro.org/
wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Main_Page
The private server we'll be playing on.
Key features of RoM server are as follows:
Pre-Renewal, Pre-Trans
Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp / Item Droprate 5x
Level cap at 99/50
More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

Multi-Clienting is allowed, but if you join the guild, you should have plenty of guildmembers to help you along.

In the tutorial area, be sure to talk to the stylist in the eastern room for free haircut and outfit change coupons.

Get people old and new into the guild and start having fun. And try make up for mistakes made

Other urls found in this thread:

cp.originsro.org/monster/
cp.originsro.org/item/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1055&sid=cbbc3130fe2f0c94fe14cc13946fa06d
bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1114&sid=20bd44ce3db4331e0b156d435dcb972a
cp.originsro.org/character/stylist)
forums.irowiki.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=lbieq93oigut7l2o9b3jgd2175&topic=19534.0
irowiki.org/wiki/Acolyte
irowiki.org/wiki/Priest
irowiki.org/wiki/High_Priest
irowiki.org/wiki/Leveling_Spots#Acolyte_.2F_Priest_Heal_Bomb_Maps)
irowiki.org/classic/Acolyte
irowiki.org/classic/Priest
irowiki.org/classic/High_Priest
irowiki.org/classic/Leveling_Spots#Acolyte
originsro.org/faq#q-skip-irc
gitlab.com/OriginsRO/OriginsRO/issues/65
irowiki.org/wiki/Knight
novaragnarok.com/?module=main&action=info
bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=860
pastebin.com/Pv54axVC
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/knt.html
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/knt.html?10JkcA1HXeKjX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

heil logan

That was a good time.
I hope we can have similar fun times this year as well.

Oh man, seeing my beltzan zippers sin again brings back fond memories

I'm the user from the other thread who had a problem with starting RoM because of pic 1. Since we switched to Oriro and I ran into a similar problem. I believe this time I came across some information that changing your region can affect the patcher. I had changed my region some time ago for a VN and never got around to changing it back. Did that, restarted, then my problem changed to pic 2. Now I at least had something to go by. Turns out the solution was to copy and replace the file dbghelp.dll from my System 32 into the Oriro directory. Now the game works and I'll be making a character shortly. I just wanted to post all this here just in case anyone else had this problem.

TL;DR if you're having problems launching the game make sure your region is set properly. If you get an error message like pic 2 copy and replace that file from your System 32 into the RO directory.

h*ck, now what
I put the file listed in system32 and it spits out an incompatibility error for my system. The run file is in c:/OriginsRO, and it still gives me an error.

I think logan had that problem too, he mentioned something about updating I think? If the launcher runs for you there's a tech support button that links to the forum and it has a bunch of troubleshooting things.

My locale is set to Nipland and it worked fine for me, though.

How many are in the guild now? I'll be on later. Got shit to do right now.

Apparently the .dll file is associated with a c++ link library that my computer doesn't have natively installed.
When slapping the correct .dll into the windows folder, I get this error instead.

I think logan had that problem too, he mentioned something about updating I think? If the launcher runs for you there's a tech support button that links to the forum and it has a bunch of troubleshooting things.

Yeaaaap, it's looking like it. I'm running on a baby fresh install of Windows 7 32x. No service packs or anything.

Yeah I think the thing you need is in SP1

IGN is Karkea

Gib invite again goy. I really wanted to try thief this time but for some reason I ended being merchant again.

Someone invite APiousPeasantGirl.

Fug. I completed the service pack installation and the .dll is still missing.
Now three instances of cofire.exe are running trying to patch up some unknown file corruption in my hard-drive.

invite please IGN is Jeremias

Also best spot to farm spores is payon 6, just go south from Alberta.

The server sounds pretty good but they seem to be pretty far behind in content. I'd have liked to try Ninja or Gunslinger.

I think they're attempting to mimic the progression of the original server.
Kinda neat, really.

Oh, for sure. But back when I played I've tried every class extensively except for the new ones. I want to mix it up if I do play again.

So why did you switch from Rising?

fucking okay, got it to work.
Step 1. Install SP1.
Step 2. Get the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable installer
Step 3. uninstall
Step 4. Run it again, and this time install.

cp.originsro.org/monster/
cp.originsro.org/item/
Use these databases to check OriginsRO's retro spawns and drops.
RateMyServer is still very good for skills and stuff.

Be sure whisper "I'm not gay for fucking a trap"(anything works as long as it's not blank) to "NPC:AutoCommands"(case sensitive) to get a nifty npc dialogue that allows you to have @autoloot and such automatically turned on when logging in.
Useful if you don't like the system messages of people logging in or if you want to constantly use commands such as @showatkele.

Is guild leader on?

I did it, I beat my computer and became an archer.
Gib invite, it's Without

Invite KilliasK

I already made a character on Rise of Midgard, but I only spent a few days there anyway, so I'll give this one a try. RoM has some cool stuff, but it lets you skip levels 50-70 for basically free, which kind of spoils the first job leveling experience.

When I installed the .dll (via windows mini update on my illegitimate system) the game worked. I can't say I know what is causing that error, but mine worked once I used the windows update.
Here is the link I used. support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows and the form post I found it on
bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1055&sid=cbbc3130fe2f0c94fe14cc13946fa06d
hope it helps.

Oh lord, do Koreans back and forth to the grocery store for each and every single ingredient when they read a cookbook?

Oh fug, yeah sage job change is a pain in the ass. rivaled only second to alchemist in my opinion. But both classes can be really handy, so its worth it if you've got the effort and loot to do them.

I remember Ragnarok DS. Was pretty cool, I played a magician. Is it still accurate to how it plays today, at least on the private server?
Any chance of Ragnarok Odyssey discussion here?

discuss anything RO you'd like. I tried the DS game back when I first got my hands on a DS card that let you upload roms. I forget its name, but yeah overall I was kind of disappointed in it. I think the orignal release of the game came with some promo code for free gear in game.

Ign is Darx

Should maybe decide on a meeting town so people can show up whenever

I've gotta head out to work, so I'll be unavailable most of the day. I'll be back in about 5 or so hours from now on my break to see if I can expand the guild (assuming we get to guild level 2) to open more slots. As of last I checked, we had 6 slots open, so hopefully those who have requested membership can get in.

The problem is lack of easy movement due to restricted warps. My suggestion would just be Prontera or Payon as both towns are new player friendly.

Yeah, it was literally called Ragnarok DS. I never got to use/sell that code, funny you should mention it.

I'm just gonna chill in Morroc for awhile

forgot to screencap it but holy fucking wew

ah, if they do the same to you guys, be polite, but don't directly mention that we are le epic 8ch Holla Forumsros

IGN's Thornyr. Payon Caves a decent spot? Haven't managed to find much better at level 30ish

Not my strong suit lad.

Mah nigga

I think I'm going to roll a Wizard this time, they seem like fun. Any build advice or general tips? Stats seem straightforward (max INT, then DEX, then put the rest into VIT. trade a few INT for VIT if you want to do PvP), but I need to do more research on skills.

I played it for quite a bit. Basically as mage just max fire bolt, then fire wall. That takes care of all PvE for quite a while(I don't recall what you gotta do with the rest of your points), fire wall + fire bolt is fun but gets tiring fast.
Things actually get as wizard when you get meteors and the icestorm skill

(checked)
Thanks. I guess I can start now and figure the rest out later if Fire Bolt&Wall will suffice until I hit Wizard. I take it the Mage's AoE skills aren't really worth it, if Fire Bolt is the main Mage skill for grinding.
What jobs are people going for? And what do you guys think of the skin color system? The dark skins look genuinely bad but I'm considering going for the pale skin option.

I love you guys.

Good news, there is a quest you can do to change your skin color. Handy to know in case there are palette glitches with the pale skin.
bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1114&sid=20bd44ce3db4331e0b156d435dcb972a

Ah, glad to see we've already made an impact.

looks like if you set a southern town your character is stuck BLACKED for a while.

Went battlesmith

it's a pretty retarded system since you can't choose it properly on creation.
Just select Unknown for 100% standard skin or umbala for full negroes.
I think Lutie has a high rate of paleskins.

I'll be going crusader as it's nice to be able to tank for new guild members to help them advance.
The skin thing is a novel idea, but I also like the idea of having a home town. Makes for a little bit of RP element that's nice about these sorts of games.

Pinged various RO servers. I'm not certain the websites are hosted on the same server or in the same datacenter as the game server, but here were the results:
Also confirmed that originsRO is hosted in France. I really hope heRO's lagginess was caused by something other than the ping, because at roughly twice as high ping originsRO might be painful for me.

Does it not show their skin on the character designer screen? I might just do Unknown then, I don't want to have to keep deleting characters.
Lutie would seem like the obvious choice but the website suggests that Aldebaran generates the most huwhites.

Eh, I dunno. It looked fine in the stylist preview (cp.originsro.org/character/stylist) but now that I see it in game, paleskin might look a little too pale. I'm debating going back to the default skin.

Nigga I live in fucking Brasil and I don't get much lag, Just some spikes here and there some days.
Then again, I don't remember HeRO being laggy either.
In any case get leatrix latency fix, it's said to fix some RO lag.

What's a good/fun Assassin build? I'm debating playing that or a falcon or trap Hunter.

Yep, I went over it with a color picker and confirmed pale skin is lighter in game than the style preview suggests. Just go for the default skin instead.

It was very noticeable in battlegrounds, making it nearly impossible for me to cast spells on moving players for instance. I also remember random inputs being dropped and getting me killed fairly frequently even in PvM.
I will try changing the TCP settings though. forums.irowiki.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=lbieq93oigut7l2o9b3jgd2175&topic=19534.0

If you want to do something wierd, try a critical hit build. Dont put ANY points in double attack because double attack cancels out crits. Yes, that means leveling a thief is painful, but it also means you change job at 40.

it's good to know we rustle some feathers before we even start memeing

I never knew DA cancels out crits. I don't find any builds mentioning this either.

That's what leatrix supposedly fixes.
I remember messing with those registry stuff and getting horible lag after it, goo thing i made a backup of the registry beforehand.

Katars never proc the double attack skill, only visually in every hit, they deal bonus damage based on double attack's skill level instead.
Any katar also doulbes your critical hit rate.

If you have a katar with sidewinder card you can proc double attack on the level you've learned, though. (Or if you have one of those hats that give the skill with any weapon)

Oy fucking vey.

begorrah tis like another potato famine, the limeys know.

Never played RO in my life. Were the chat servers originally tethered to an IRC channel like this before, or is that some magic the originsRO guys performed?

This one's worth it btw, you get 7 Phracon.

AFAIK no, but IRC is common for game chat backends so it's possible.

Also, since I'm terminally retarded, how do build priest.

Then you immediately sell the phracons while still having the merchant's overcharge skill the NPC teaches you.

Maximize INT first, then you can decide whether to max VIT for the HP, or put more points into DEX for faster casts. I forgot what I did last time, someone else tell him which is more important.
irowiki.org/wiki/Acolyte
irowiki.org/wiki/Priest
irowiki.org/wiki/High_Priest
Check these pages for build suggestions. The Turn Undead and Magnus Exorcismus are pretty useless especially since IIRC this server doesn't have Anubis yet. You want to lean towards a "Full Support" build so you can be useful in parties.

First thing you want to do is max Heal, and start grinding the zombies in Payon Cave. They're undead so you can damage them with your heals. This is about the only place you can solo as a Priest-build Acolyte early on, so you will get used to it.
After that you would normally go Amatsu Dungeon and start grinding the Firelocks (also undead), but I don't know if the server has Amatsu yet. If not you can either try some of the other leveling spots listed here (irowiki.org/wiki/Leveling_Spots#Acolyte_.2F_Priest_Heal_Bomb_Maps) or start partying with guildmates.

Disregard that, I suck cocks. Meant to link to the classic wiki.
irowiki.org/classic/Acolyte
irowiki.org/classic/Priest
irowiki.org/classic/High_Priest
irowiki.org/classic/Leveling_Spots#Acolyte

So for a Gunner, are Gatling guns worth it at all?

Gunner is basically a joke class in pre-renewal, but gatling guns would be for an auto-attack build, and you have enough points to use it alongaside a pistol. Gatling fever might be able to get you to 190 attack speed with a berserk potion and other buffs.

OriginsRO sadly still has no gunslingers or ninjas.
But is on point anyways.
If they get released before transclasses they'll be great for a while until transclasses get added.

Getting the hang of things again. Send an invite to Polina Vidyevski when you get the chance.

man ragnarok crit system is one of the best ever.

I remember playing full crit cross and seeing a cascade of red.

That's about the only one that works.
Katars double your crit rate. Otherwise dumping points on luk isn't really worth it unless you use it for other stuff like auto blitz or have crit boosting skills like spear quicken.

forgot to mention, send an invite to "Darth" at some point

Please invite Gower at your convenience. It's good to be back.

HOW TO TURN OFF IRC CROSSPOSTING
originsro.org/faq#q-skip-irc

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

lewd

Smells like reddit tbh.

(You)r loss bud.

more like Gaia

Speaking of Gaia, did you know it initially started as a Ragnarok Online forum? The avatar stuff was just for fun at first, then it became the main focus of the site.

Wew, anyway I'll sign up sometime next month and start taming waifus and pets.

Wew boys he's dunnit.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Knight
Knights are sick mob control, as bowling bash is a Stooges-level attack that smacks the lead enemy in a cluster into the ones around or on top of it, doing massive damage to all of the monsters in the group. An AGI-based knight can use two-handed quicken to puree monsters while dancing around their feeble attempts to counterattack your rain of pain that falls mainly on their brain. Bowling bash is handy for when a gaggle of the bastards come a' callin', and need to be thinned out so your FLEE doesn't get destroyed. Being attacked by multiple enemies severely cripples your ability to dodge attacks, which is why mobbing tough enemies with multiple people is so effective.

If you go VIT, you are a fortress of smack, and can ignore many enemies' attacks due to your massive health pool and high defense rating, in addition to your absurd health recovery abilities.

Crusader
Crusaders gain a massive HP pool due to the Faith skill. You'll want it as its a requirement for most of the other skills and also because getting some 16k extra HP is just a nice thing to have.
Interestingly enough, you'll likely want to start investing some what into Int for a crusader as they are more skill dependent than their Knight counterparts. Holy Cross, Grand Cross, and a variety of shield skills will be soaking up your SP pool so invest some what into Int.
If you'd like you can go the Spear Quicken route as well. Crusaders don't get as many skills with the spear that Knights do, but you'll be able to do some spear based attacks if your build is made for speed.
If you plan on being your teams tank (like I am) You'll want to invest in Devotion. Devotion allows you to take all incoming damage for your party member (within a 10 level range of your self). This is very good for squishy classes like mages and other classes that have spells that need a few seconds to cast. By devoting them you'll soak up the damage while they continue to cast without issue. Just be sure to have some potions or a healer on your team.

add me me pls. In game name is BicepsKing

That was fun. Good goblin genocide today.

Goblin Genocide today as it's the monster of the day.
I'd encourage anyone who's able to to join the fun to get some extra exp.

I'd like some advice on my Wizard build, working from the starting point in pic related.

Storm Gust, Meteor Storm, and Quagmire seem like givens. That leaves 15 Wizard skill points, with which I could:
I'm leaning toward one of the first two options, because I remember how useful Ice Walls were when mobbing last year.

Most of my Mage skill points are currently unallocated. I made the mistake of leveling Fire Wall up to 3, before realizing it was pretty much pointless for the way I was grinding (hours upon hours of Geos). After Fire Wall 3 and the various prereqs I will need for Wizard skills, I have 17 Mage skill points left, with which I could:

Thoughts?

If you're intending on PVP, I would spring for Safety Wall however you can. Obviously Storm Gust/JT. Not many wizards go for stone curse/meteor because the extra damage only counts for the first meteor in the volley, but not many people equip for the stone curse immunity so you can take some people by surprise. The melee range is a hinderance though, wouldn't recommend it unless you know you'll get use out of it.

Never get water ball unless you have a sage bitch in tow, otherwise it's too situational to be useful.

Dunno if this server has fixed Fire Pillar stacking but if not, it's worth considering.

Final note: Unless you're aiming for a high-dex build, relying on storm gust is ill-advised. Frost Diver is super quick and freezes targets reliably enough to be more useful. Not saying you shouldn't get Storm Gust, but support it with Frost Diver unless you're going full Dex/Int

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Wizard
Wizard is basically AoE and concentrated damage attacks, with some oddities here and there. Want to farm looter enemies fast? Cast Storm Gust on your location, danger close, and turn off autoloot (type @autoloot in the chat box/console). Drop an item to start the pain train, and keep casting it.

Sage
Offensively, sages build on the mage skill tree by allowing movement and auto-attacking while casting spells. Sages also have an ability that lets them auto-cast spells for a discount while attacking, opening up the possibility of an agi-based build.

Before they transcend, sages are an unusual support class. They provide utility to their physically attacking allies by changing the element of their attacks. They can also dispell buffs from enemies and debuffs from allies

After becoming a professor(unavailable at the moment), the support sage's role changes entirely. They gain access to soul change, an ability that switches your mana pool with an ally's, and life tap indulge, which lets them trade health for mana. Their role as mana batteries makes them essential for large parties.

So I found out recently that one of my friends used to be one of the top players on talon RO. He said something about 99 defense paladins and him and two guild mates being the only ones to kill a valkyrie for a whole summer.

Wouldn't occult impact destroy them at that much?

Came to give thread a bump. Server is comfy.

gitlab.com/OriginsRO/OriginsRO/issues/65

I need a second opinion on this because it's leaving me reeling. There's nothing I could've argued if it was simply a "V A N I L L A" decision, nevermind that the server has a lot of custom changes – but instead what's brought forth is so wrong in conjunction with the posturing as an authority that it simply leaves me second-guessing if water is, in fact, wet. What am I missing?

thanks for tanking wolves for me today
Here's a screenshot of you asleep on the job though

So how does this look for a sage build? Magnetic earth, dispel, spell breaker, and magic rod are there for when we get to WoE.

Currently I only have fire bolt maxed out so I just put whatever felt right for the mage skill section so I could be wrong.

4without

words fail to describe how stupid of a decision that is

I think it looks good.
Frost diver-lightning bolt is a good time

what's wrong with level 10 firebolt on a sage?

From yesterday

What's the easiest way to make dosh in the game? I've been using what I got from since i started and only figured out how jewish merchants are

Fuckin did it. Wizard test when I wake up.

farm stuff as rogue with auto steal
then sell it all with a merchant with overcharge

Mobbing parties. Kill hundreds of something mobbable that drops decent lightweight vendor trash and you're bound to make some shekels.
or if you want to blow your brains out in boredom, but either way get a merchant for overcharge and discount, and be sure to put it on separate game account so you can trade money back to your main.

Please don't fall for making a rogue as your first character. A TU priest, for example, is more self-sufficient (if not on this server because no Anubis).

So I'm thinking about rolling a knight, could anyone tell me about decent builds? Are spears viable without spear quicken? Since there's no trans or resets I want to make sure it's as viable for later game stuff as possible.

Well its pre-trans. You want to be a SVD knight.
STR/VIT/DEX. With your spear skills and some situational awareness, they are massively SP efficient tanks that can pull, tank and DPS effectively all at the same time.

Downsides? Knights are the most gear dependent class in the game if you wanna get the most out of them. Leveling in the early game and without a party is a pain in the dick.

In a party though with a healer, you are the boss nigger who can give orders. With gear you can laugh off anything but the toughest of boss monsters.

irowiki.org/wiki/Knight
SVD

STR: 70-90
AGI: 1-40
VIT: 80-99
INT: 1-30
DEX: 40-60
LUK: 1-20

Weapon: Spears, One Handed Swords, or Two Handed Swords

SVD Knights (STR/VIT/DEX) are a classic, effective Knight build that is still one of the most useful builds. An SVD Knight is great for AoE leveling with Bowling Bash or Brandish Spear (Spear weapon only). In single target situations, the SVD Knight is especially effective on Large sized monsters utilizing Pierce.

INT is a variable stat, and generally Knights do not rely on SP regen and instead use Equipment or Cards that can leech SP back, like Earth Deleter Card. AGI is not for defense when being attacked by multiple monsters (due to the FLEE penalty) and its main purpose is to use Bowling Bash or Pierce at a faster rate because of the ASPD.

Growing up is suffering.

So did you wanna play or what?

Yyyes? And no?

Well yeah, its is the grandfather of grindy MMOs. Its one of the few MMOs that allows you to grind as hard and as long as you want with clear goals in mind.
What?
I can teach all you want about the lore user. What you are suffering from is from playing mid-rates and competitive servers that aren't laid back.
From what I can tell OriginsRO has been running since 2013, for an RO server thats pretty dang old. To top it off, its pre-trans and actively played.

Just login and give it a try, its an RO world set in its early days, there is nothing to rush to. If there is PvP its balanced.
Personally I've spent over a decade learning the RO lore up until renewal, which I just consider fanfiction at that point as with most RO players that have taste.

Questing is just another way of grinding for retards that need constant handholding rather than trying to discover new ways for faster grinding

Raganarok online USED to have great quests, those that you could only do once and which were build more like little riddles, solely for the purpose of unlocking shit.
Leveling through quests is cancer that was normalized with modern MMOs. They are part of the reason why we cant have nice things anymore

As long as you dont count the fanficition that is renewal, RO has amazing fucking quests.

we ran the Cuck Hyre chain quest last summer as a group and that was a ride from start to finish

Also made it to sage tonight

Those robe colors look great, nice work getting to sage so quickly.

Danke.

my username is Madea hit me up fam

Awww shit

Also don't get fucking LoV on your wizards. I swear to god people.

Why the fuck didn't you respond to then?

Please invite the character user Nimous, please.

Because I didn't see it/wasn't paying attention. Its not my fault.

What down are you in.

You could have prevented at least one person from quitting if you had paid attention to the thread or said something during the 3 days I publicly agonized over my build in guild chat.

So its someone's else's fault you didn't ask them for advice or that they didn't actively look out to help you when they had no idea?
Glad to know you consider me considered your keeper.

*considered me your keeper

I could've sworn Mal or someone went over the whole ideal wizard build thing with you ingame at some point. And hey, Lord of Hitstun or not, pretty much any Wizard build can work as long as you don't put points in Frost Nova. Oh god, Frost Nova.

Yeah I know I saw mal explaining to someone in guild chat about wizard builds, pretty much outlined everything for it.

I just hate feeling like I fucked up my build, like all of my motivation to play is gone now. I'll be on later to give my shit away, it was fun lads.

I really need to grind more

I keep on getting rekt because I don't know when to stop and I"m poor

every tim

It's okay. Until this point, haven't we had a good time? It wasn't about your build, was it?

Give me a good reason to download RO again
I want to try Ninja because I never did, but is there anything to do at max level? Does the Holla Forums guild do War of Emperium?

another question, can you respec? if not thats a huge no thanks because I like to fuck around with builds and experiment best builds

No you can't. We were in a server where we could but the GM decided to change because muh autenthic ro experience…(at 5x rates…)

Nope no nope
Ninjas don't even exist here yet either

No ninjas on this server yet

The other one was too easy, low rate but with ridiculously easy and rewarding quests and free gear. Also with crap content ported from renewal.

There's no need to minmax, lad.
My hunter is stuck with 11 str, 11 int and 11 vit.
Also I didn't get job level 50 on the first job because I tought you could go trans at first.
Still good to play.

Finally got the damn card, I'm finally out of that Creamy hellhole. Now I just need the perfect accessory with a slot

Invite Tamamikitaka pls

th-thanks

clip[1]

nevermind fixed it

What was it? Your info might help a future user.

What's the best skill build for a spear knight? As in, which skills should I leave points out of as swordy and knight?
Can't max out everything, obviously.

I had updated KRo and I shouldn't apparently, reinstalling worked.

What are you aiming for? PVM, WoE?

ayy

For fucks sake, how stupid you are, there was already a project for playing on low rate with anons and it ended badly. Come to NovaRO and exp reasonably fast, enjoying the game. novaragnarok.com/?module=main&action=info

No, renewal is trash

Not sure. Probably PVM mostly, I don't know if the guild is gonna do WoE.

Here's what I was thinking.

I just realized that it's pre-trans server, I wonder how WoE looks there… Probably Assassin is the worst class, Crusader is unkillable, Alchemist sucks, and Wizard is the strongest.

Magnum break would be very quickly outclassed by brandish unless you needed to hit 360 degrees, so maybe swap the 1 point between provoke and MB? I only made an agi knight once so I don't really know.

You can always switch mains. roll a new character and swap them in the guild. doesn't even have to be the same class. you can use the one you have now for other things like hunting or whatever.

Good to see you guys helping each other out.

Looks good. Any thoughts on stats?

Hard to say. the majority of us haven't been on this server a week yet. I'm not even sure when WoE is. I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough.

Good point actually.

I was following the SVD entry in the wiki.

STR: 100+
AGI: 40
VIT: 80
INT: 1-30
DEX: 45-60
LUK: 1

So how far in are you guys? I'm just about half way setting up. Already have a rogue lv 70, merchant with OC, slave buffer.
Now leveling hunter to drop things. I've made 1 mil zenys already, but market is kinda slow since low population, will have to drop all the stuff.

I'm sorry, you think grinding is good? What are you, a masochist?

How many anons are playing?

Isn't questing for experience points the same thing as grinding? But instead of monster killing, you have to complete quests.

Why exactly do you think that Renewal is trash?

You missed the point, buddy.
Questing is grinding just the same, but instead of doing whatever you want and figuring how to best grind with your specific character you need to do exactly what the quests say and are forced to hop from quest to quest until you reach endgame.

Yeah, that makes the game feel more worth it in the end, instead of just camping somewhere and killing the same monsters over and over.

Well, nevermind that. I already got 10 levels into Magnum Break and forgot you can't reset unless you're below base level 40. I thought it meant job level 40.

I have the choice between one point less in provoke or endure.

Get endure

At least 20

You don't have to kill the same monsters over and over in RO, there's so many options. And even if you had to, I prefer that to questing.

You only have to grind in RO for zeny/equipment really.

Even then, there are great gears in the NPC shops that you can buy to bypass that. Gears you find in the wild off mobs are mostly just slotted (meaning you can put a rare card in for extra effects). Now late game that's what you'd want, but just to play and get the experience of the game is fine to do with NPC gear.

I prefer grinding mobs to questing. It's more satisfying to find good spot, develop good technique or build, and just engage in comfy massive extermination.

Oh lawd. Well, maybe it was in 2003.

Mind you that the newest update in the server is einbroch/einbech, so for this server yeah those gears are still relevant.
Besides, it's a bit overkill to think that you need slotted/best gears to enjoy the game when the guild is less then a week into the server. We'll get there in time.

How do I join you guys? Who do I pm

for what purpose? That really removes gameplay time. no one is gonna re-do same class for another build on x5. Just allow respeccing so we can spec for pvp and spec for pve. fucking dumb

post lewds
Actually just post your fucking ign nevermind

You can post your character name here when its made or you can whisper S.Logan (me) when your out of the newbie area.

Help me invent funny and clever character name, quick.

Semensesame

Dr. Acula

benisineb

Grapist, half-alt-press, Princely Nigerian

Give me something to work with. What class are you playing?

Knight tank, emp-breaker and dps owner.

It's Hunter Celo. Fresh out the newbie area

I found a good guide: bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=860

Wew, who wants some green laces?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure its one our /ourguy/'s.

Wait, there is not even a bank npc on this server, no point in doing merchant.

best to make a merchant on another account. that's why this server has a master account system, so you can have multiple with less hassle. Just have one set to merchant and you can trade between it.

Or, if you trust your guild mates, you can have us hold and transfer for you.

Speaking of holding - if you want to see your shekels again bring your foreskin to Geffen goy.

The Jew gave me some meat for free, but I still don't trust him. I bet he wants to loan large sums of money to our guild leader and eventually ruin us.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

Hunter
Hunter is what it says on the tin. You're a remorseless killing machine that cannot be reasoned with or bargained with. The judicious use of traps to immobilize enemies allows you to solo some MVPs, making lesser enemies a cake walk. Groups of enemies are a bit of a hassle, and there are skills to deal with that, but mobs should be avoided. Unless you went full luck and have your accipiter hawk just brutalize anything and everything you notch an arrow at.

Bard/Dancer
You graduate from a high-DPS Archer to a heavy duty utility class; however, Bards and Dancers are still able to level on their own, using what they've learned from being an archer.
They have the ability to "perform" and lay down an aura that causes various effects based upon the song or dance used.
You'll notice that you can only become either a Bard or Dancer based upon whether you are a boy or grill: boys being Bards, grills being smoking hot Dancers.
For both classes you gain the ability to wield close-range weaponry that deal damage based upon Dexterity rather than strength. Whips for Dancers, Instruments for Bards. Both with respective mastery skills that also increase song/dance effectiveness. So max that mastery, really.
They can also throw arrows at enemies using their weapons. Kind of neat.
Both gain access to Ensembles which require both a bard and a dancer to have invested in, and they're pretty niche-use. Do not worry about getting one too much unless you have your heart set on it with a partner bard/dancer. No, bards can't perform with other bards; thas' gay, yo'. And dancers cannot dance with other dancers– that's forbidden love.

Now for the obvious differences between the two classes.

Bards tend to lean towards support, reciting poems, songs, and ballads that inspire those around them.
The first is A Poem of Bragi which decreases cast times and cooldowns, and you are going to learn this song or you are not a Bard. Its effectiveness is based upon the performer's intelligence and dexterity.
The second is Apple of Idun which increases max hp for everyone who hears it. Based on Vitality.
The third is Assassin Cross of the Sunset. It inspires people to stop being wusses and attack faster. Based on Agility.
The fourth and kind of lame song is A Whistle. It increases flee rate and perfect dodge. Based on Agility and Luck.
Bards also have a screen-wide skill that freezes abso-lute-ly everything named "Frost Joker". At level 5, it's a 40% chance to freeze whoever is unlucky enough to hear you attempt to make a joke. Even your party members. It's fun as h*ck.
Pastebin for editing the lines that are spat out when using it: pastebin.com/Pv54axVC
Overall, Bards tend to be the life of their parties.

Dancers however tend to be the center of attention with their performances.
Please Don't Forget Me is the name of one of their dances. It heavily decreases walk speed and attack speed for anyone caught in its range. Fantastic for WoE, an absolute nightmare to deal with when attempting to assault. Acts like a moving ultra-quagmire in PvE however. Attackspeed reduction increases with Dex, Movespeed reduction with Agility.
Service For You largely increases the SP pools of all who watch, along with decreasing sp costs, and increasing sp regen rates. It's a lovely support dance, and expected to be maxed if you plan to level in a party. Effectiveness based solely upon Intelligence.
Fortune's Kiss increases critical rates of everyone in eyeshot. Kind of lame, but pretty nice for melee attackers having trouble hitting mobs. Based upon Luck.
The last dance, "Humming", increases hit rate. Don't get this. That is, don't get this if you aren't planning to get Into The Abyss for fun Abra Kadabra parties with a bard friend.
Dancers get a screen-wide stun, as compared to bards who get a screen-wide freeze, named Scream. You shout lewd things at everyone and the shock causes them to drop everything. Even your party members. Fun.

IGN is Bap

Might be coming in as a Magician later on - never played RO before so this'll be interesting. What happened to the HeRO guild from last year, though? Did it just die due to waning player count when all the fotm players left? Is there any reason we're switching servers this time around (it's ded / sjw mods)?

There are a couple (at least 2, maybe 3) dedicated mages on here, so be sure to ask them for advice on skills! The old guild pretty much just died out because summer ended.

It was a mixture of people getting worn out since many of us completed our personal goals or just ran out of free time. The admins did make some dumb decisions though.

This server was chosen mostly because they're implementing content slowly over time to imitate how content was released on the official servers, which means the incumbent community can only progress so far ahead of us since vertical progression is capped quite early in this version of the game since there's no Transcendent classes or really advanced equipment. This server also has zero donation bullshit, so there's no p2w for the existing players to take advantage of.

How many of you guys are there?

I joined at HeRO when everyone had left and would've stuck around if more people were on.

Don't remember the name of the wizard I had a blast chatting with un chars qui parle so if you're still around then I'll likely join the new server.

30 so far. Most in the 50-60 bracket as getting there is easy, a few 70s and 80s.

how 2 gilled

Post your character name and some one will get you in.

KIRBACHEV

Oh shit, I was just thinking about this during the week! I'm gonna download and really try to keep up this time.

Cool, just post your character name here when you're ready to join us.

well, it was fun, quitting forever now

Was it the anti-jokes that the Bard made?

additionally: kill me

n
I just don't have time to play game with a full-time job and fifty-minute commute each way.
I think I also have depression, nothing is fun anymore

So I'm thinking of hopping back into this. As somebody who has never played merchant before am I going to have a hard time if I want to go for a hybrid forger/battle smith build?

sorry for triggering you with my apparent ignorance

You can play it if you want, just you'll have a harder time doing ether.
don't let it bother you too much. people have been arguing over builds for this game for over a decade now.
If you decide to play, just leave your character name here and some one will get you in to the guild.

It can work and I think we have no forgers on the guild.
Look up proper forger/hybrid builds because it's complicated and easy to fuck up tough.

Alright, character's name is Hexbit. I'm in Prontera at the moment.

name is trash-chan, currently in prontera

Today was a slow day in terms of people online, but I did get in some good exorcise. Magnus exorcismus is viable! Viable!

Yo this is Libertas, send me an invite whenever. See you nigs in game

Turbojew already works on forger but there's no harm in having more, one forger can't cover all weapon types.

Ey nigs it's Eydan.
Send me an invite cuntbags.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Blacksmith
Two-handed axes suit Merchants.
Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.
AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.
Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.
Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Alchemist
Alchemists are an interesting bunch. They have the ability to craft potions and summon some monsters to fight for them, though a bit limited to plants and marine spheres (basically time bombs).
An Alchemist can toss potions to his allies for just a little extra kick from the potion. Works well when teaming up with SP dependent classes (as long as they let you know they need SP).

rip alchemists

Yeah, it's made Alchemists not very popular on the server unfortunately. Though, because of that there might be a better chance to get higher in the potion rankings.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Libertas here, I'm getting to the point where I can potentially start monster hunting now. If any of you goys have tame items that you don't want/don't have time to hunt for. Send em my way (or someone that can get give them to me later when I'm not online) and I'll go get em, and distribute them to whoever wants them in the guild.

If I get leveled high enough I might take tame requests for specific monster instead of hunting randomly for whatever is given to me.

What's wrong with the newest classes?

Whaddya mean by newest classes? You mean like the latest ones mentioned in the thread? The merchant classes? Or do you mean the newest classes released in the game overall?

The Merchant classes are kinda bad right now since Alchemists are lacking one of their greatest assets, their Homunculus guardian, and Blacksmiths are just sorta mediocre in combat outside of providing one particular party buff for physical attackers. Both classes benefit enormously from Transcending, which we can't do right now.

The newest classes added to the game would be the Third Classes / Rebellion, Kage, and Summoner classes, which thankfully aren't on this server and never will be. Long story short they are fucking cancer.

I mean like… Mechanic and Rune Knight.

Renewal sucks really bad, it was an attempt to modernize the game and it failed miserably.

But I like riding a mech.

It's more like modernizing the game was a bad idea itself– The games they sought to emulate thrived on streamlining and skinnerboxing.

Oh those are third classes. They're cancer. Literally everything about them is wrong even down to the sprites, which were so bad they had to redo a few of them later on since they looked like ass, like you'd change your class and your character would suddenly look worse instead of better.

The third classes were added along with a system called "Renewal" which was a radical rebalancing and redesign of most of the game's mechanics, fucking up most of them in the process and not even fixing the problems they identified with the old mechanics. So these new classes were already being added to what was arguably a shaky foundation. The classes themselves have some redeeming qualities, like interesting mounts and stuff, but overall they're just completely unnecessary, broken additions to the game.

Sorry for not showing up today lads. I was feeling pretty shitty today and spent most of it sleeping. I've got some obligations to take care of today so I won't be back until the night. Then, depending on how I feel I might show up. Hope you can understand.

Thank you for saving me from the sting and creamy grind friendos.
Edgy you better not fug off after I gave you that card :^)

Already flipped it on the black market and now I'm gonna renew my wow sub bye friend :^)

I probably should have read this bit, glad I went to 50 anyway I was really dreading getting those items.

Hit the job change for Sin, and I'm seeing on the skill calculator that I'm doing shit damage and have shit flee. Can someone direct me to a proper Sin guide for pre-renewal? All I'm seeing so far is guides for fucking SinX

Get panty+undershirt combo ASAP, that alone will help immensely with your flee problem. As for damage, well, welcome to being a Sin. Their damage just isn't that great, which is why they added shit like Sonic Acceleration, Assassin Spirit, and why as a SinX you get Advanced Katar Mastery and an ability that gives you +400% atk, they had to add all of that shit to help Assassins actually be assassins.

That Panty+Undershirt combo is pretty much done I have those. The thing is I dont really know what Stats to pump this time around. It was easier to see what I needed for SinX but I cant really see what I need for normal Sin

STR for damage, as high a multiple of 10 as possible, don't bother putting in more points if you know you can't hit the next multiple of 10, so the highest you'll really be getting is like 92~97 base.

AGI for flee and aspd, but you shouldn't need much more than like 80 unless you're doing a pure auto-attack thing which is super boring without also doing the crit meme. You can substitute some AGI for INT instead for more SP and better regen to fuel Grimtooth spam, since you don't really need much flee for Grimtooth spam anyway.

DEX for accuracy and some more aspd, you need around 40~50 to be able to hit most common enemies reliably, this is pretty standard.

Everything else should go into VIT or INT.

This is the general Sin thing. There's not much variance unless you want to do the crit meme thing, but you need more specialized equipment for that to really work.

So, I have been building decently then so far. So far I have
50 str
51 agi
15 vit
47 dex
1 int

Still though I'd like to hear out the build for the crit build I already heard about the cards I need

Yeah it's those cards mainly that are crucial, you pump slightly higher agi and keep the same amount of strength. You shift pretty much all of that DEX into LUK instead for more crit and perfect dodge, and ignore INT pretty much entirely in favour of more LUK. Crit Rings or Kobold Rosaries / Rings are also very helpful. The idea is to get as much crit as possible to multiply off the katar x2 crit bonus to overwhelm enemy crit-shield, and rely on that for perfect accuracy and defence piercing, whilst having high aspd and good base damage, then you throw in shit like Endows for more damage.

The result is that you can fight pretty much anything and always hit, very fast, with everything having effectively 0 defence, whilst being untouchable because of high flee + perfect dodge. The downside is that your SP pool will be small so you won't be able to rely on skills that much, and since skills can't crit you won't be able to hit with them at all, but on the upside Sonic Blow sucks without all of the associated boosts anyway, none of which are available right now.

R A R E

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Your dex is already too high for a decent crit build, don't bother.
From now on pump agi till 80-90 points and put rest into str.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My rng is terrible. I should just kill myself now and spare the pain.

Are there any must have skills for swordsman? I want to be a VIT Knight but I have no idea if I am wasting skill points in useless shit.

Might want to buy a lotto ticket today.

If you're going Vit built, you might as well take provoke to 10, that way you can take the hits while your party can focus down the target. Mind that provoke won't work on undead.

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/knt.html
This should help you figure out which skills you need/want

Bash 10, Endure 10, 2H Sword Mastery 5, and Magnum Break 3 are pretty much mandatory for 2H Sword Knights which is probably what you'll be going for with a VIT build. Other than that it's up to you where you want to spend the other points. I'd recommend Inc HP Recovery though since it massively improves potion efficiency. Provoke is also good but it's a double-edged sword, higher levels have better chances of working, but it also boosts enemy attack dangerously high, Level 5 is a good balance point, and you need it anyway to unlock Endure.

Don't listen to 2H sword VIT knights are not a thing, there is no parry, so it's useless.
As a knight you'll be using 1H and 2H spears. Here's the skill build
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/knt.html?10JkcA1HXeKjX
Spend remaining points however you want.
Stats:
STR 80-99
AGI 9
VIT 80-99
INT 1
DEX 44-64
LUK 1

You can continue to believe the lie if you want. Brandish is certainly pretty even if it is inferior in every way to Bowling Bash (unless this ancient as fuck server is using the old shitty version of BB).

the winner is clear even if the damage is inferior.

Swords are inferior to mounted spears because of size tables. Bowling bash is attack speed dependant- needs agi investment and berserk pots, while brandish has fixed cast time.

No one has ever seriously given a shit about SP costs. People play shit like Star Glads and E-Fist monks even though their main attractions are giant SP ejaculations. And especially with pink wolf-nuts being so free and full of juicy SP on this server, SP costs just aren't really a problem.

Same for small size, Spears are 100 on Medium whilst 2HS is 75, both are 100 on Large. Ok, so 25% better on Medium. But Bowling Bash does over 60% more damage than Brandish, so it kinda offsets the size modifier difference.
Two Hand Quicken lets you get into the 173-ish range with 1 agi IIRC. That's actually more than enough for straight BB spam.

P.S Why the fuck aren't Star Gladiators on this fucking server goddamnit. They have Taekwon Bois for some reason even though they aren't supposed to be in yet.

I am Boiled Chicken, god of drops

I also got the shield in about 2 hours, if it makes you feel better :^)

Every day I find new reasons to regret going GC Crusader.

photo evidence of my bard on heRO last summer

What happens when some one gets the rare drop before you.

Reunited and feels so good.

For nostalgia's sake I decided to start this up again:

Pet Giveaway: Its first come first served when I'm online. Here are the pets and how many I have so far.

Pets:
Rocker - 3
Bongun - 1
Lunatic - 1

Pet Accessories:
Transparent Head Protector (Baby Desert Wolf) -1
Silk Ribbon (Lunatic) - 3
Green Lace (Savage Babe) -1
Bark Shorts (Poison Spore) - 1
Monkey Circlet (Yoyo) -1
Red Scarf (Smokie) - 4

That's it for now. I am also taking requests on farming and catching certain pets for those that request em. Either ask ITT or in game when I'm online. Of course make your requests reasonable, there are certain pets that are out of my reach for the moment. (I.E. Alice and Zealotous)

As always whatever tames you come across give em to me so I can hunt and give the eggs to another guild-mate that may want it

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Assassin
Your go to for pvp instagibbing. That's most of what they do. They have very few skills and half of them are shit. They are good at both pvp and pve regardless of how you build, but you have few build options. Build STR+INT for maximum pvp instagib plus mobbing option or agi+str for pve and some pvp/woe action. Choose between double daggers or katars (katars are the cheaper option). Choose between Deadly Poison (fucking costly to make) + Sonic Blow/Grimtooth or the damaging SinX skills(they don't benefit from Deadly Poison). FYI Deadly poison costs a ton to make and only lasts for 60 but increase your damage by up to 400% (which, again, doesn't effect the SinX attack skills). That's enough to 1shit niggas with Sonic blow and it helps with destroying Emperium (how you take guilds), a lot. In short, you should always be useful for killing shit, it's a matter of what you specialize in killing and how.
There is more to know, but beginners only need to know that much.

Rogue
Dick-ass thieves. Well balanced jack of all trades that can do just about anything. Two very strong builds with them: dagger gank or bow. Dagger gank rogues are masters of getting comfy, left clicking mobs, and raking in tons of loot. Bow rogues don't have a variety of ranged attacks like hunters, but they have a lot of utility skills to keep them alive. Double strafe as a bow hunter is stable and easy, dagger gank with plagiarism can get frustrating but allows for some cool shit and lodsemone. Able to dabble in everything but masters of nothing but theft.

quality game 10/10

I don't fugging know anymore

I'll be away for the weekend, just letting ya'll know I haven't burned out and gone and finally killed myself.

Also: R A R E

It's everyday bro :^)

Figured out how frost joker and scream edits work here. finally
Inside the OrigRO folder you've gotta place a custom.grf with only the ba_frostjoke.txt or da_scream.txt edit within.

speaking of screaming

Libertas Here with a pet update list.

Pet Giveaway: Its first come first served when I'm online. Here are the pets and how many I have so far.

Pets:
Rocker - 3
Bongun - 1
Lunatic - 1
Poring - 1
Munak - 1
Dokebi - 18

Pet Accessories:
Monkey Circlet (Yoyo) -1
Red Scarf (Smokie) - 4

That's it for now. I am also taking requests on farming and catching certain pets for those that request em. Either ask ITT or in game when I'm online. Of course make your requests reasonable, there are certain pets that are out of my reach for the moment. (I.E. Alice and Zealotous)

As always whatever tames you come across give em to me so I can hunt and give the eggs to another guild-mate that may want it. Also for those who see tames in shops when im not online, buy em up and I'll pay you back.

That's just custom server stuff

Top wew, laddie.
halloween pets when?

current guild photo when?

Pet Giveaway: Its first come first served when I'm online. Here are the pets and how many I have so far. Alternatively if I'm not online just post your name and what pet you want in the thread

Pets:
Rocker - 3
Bongun - 1
Lunatic - 1
Poring - 2
Munak - 1
Dokebi - 18
Spore - 1
Picky - 2

Pet Accessories:
Monkey Circlet (Yoyo) -1
Red Scarf (Smokie) - 4

As always whatever tames you come across give em to me so I can hunt and give the eggs to another guild-mate that may want it. Also for those who see tames in shops when I'm not online, buy em up and I'll pay you back.

Two weeks in, what are your thoughts on Origins? Best thing since sliced bread or was it a mistake

Libertas Here with a pet update list. (cannot delete old post for some reason)

Pets:
Rocker - 3
Bongun - 1
Lunatic - 1
Poring - 2
Munak - 1
Dokebi - 18
Spore- 4
Peco Peco- 1
Picky - 2
Chon Chon - 2
Munak - 1
Isis - 1

Pet Accessories:
Monkey Circlet (Yoyo) -1
Red Scarf (Smokie) - 4

As always whatever tames you come across give em to me so I can hunt and give the eggs to another guild-mate that may want it. Also for those who see tames in shops when I'm not online, buy em up and I'll pay you back.

Forgot to add one more pet to the list:
Drops-1

Mistake, shitty rate, I stopped playing.

Pets:
Rocker - 5
Bongun - 1
Lunatic - 5
Poring - 3
Munak - 1
Dokebi - 18
Spore- 7
Peco Peco- 5
Picky - 3
Chon Chon - 2
Isis - 1
Drops - 15
Poporing - 1
Poison Spore -1
Steel Chon Chon - 2
Savage Babe - 2
Baby Desert Wolf - 2
Baphomet Jr. - 1
Deviruichi -1

Pet Accessories:
Monkey Circlet (Yoyo) -1
Red Scarf (Smokie) - 4

wall of text
The rate is a problem yeah, but it's not just an issue with leveling and drops. There's a problem with just how fast we're leveling compared to the amount of content in the game. Once you begin to kill wolves, you're stuck there until myst cases/mi gous/geographers become a better option. The problem then becomes how long you're willing to stay there and grind. Everywhere else is shut off unless you're in a party. That then leads to further issues involving builds.
As we've seen, Polina quit after thinking she had "ruined her build"; when in fact she had gotten a spell that would allow her to participate in party play at the middle stages of the game. Fur seals are fantastic experience for how densely populated and easy to mob the area they spawn in are. In fact, it is the one place requested to be partied in the most by the natives. The foremost spell used to deal with the mobs there is indeed the same one Polina "ruined her build" with.
The inability to reset your skills and attributes leads to further trepidation when considering party play. In order for one to both have a party-friendly character and a character viable for later content/PVP/WoE it then becomes necessary to create an alt. Here, further issues come to light. We are allowed to multi-client and use our own characters to level each-other. It may be grueling and counter-productive given the penalties on multi-client partying, but it is an option that is easier and simpler for us. There is no need to "burden" other people with your presence. You need a character that can succeed on its own, then a character you wanted to level. Perhaps that later character was going to be your true "main", but as we've seen, because that "main" has already been leveled and geared properly– there is less reason for party play. Why party and lose exp when you can now go solo for the same amount?
In HeRO, it was necessary for the group– our guild, to work together for levels. When a new person joined, we invited them to wherever to get them levels and socialize. It didn't matter what class they were. Their build, their purpose, if they were an alt or not, we partied with them because it was the only way for them to get ahead. The idea wasn't to create "something that can level easily" and then "something I can leech". It was "Something I wanted to play". There was no ability to create alts, so you were forced to play one character at a time and dedicate all your attention to it. Alongside, you were dedicating all your attention to your guild-mates by simply being on your one character. Your build didn't matter so long as you were having fun.

Then we come to why we quit HeRO. In a seperate post.

Anyone from HeRO could tell you why we up and left. There simply weren't many people logging in, they were all off doing something else. Perhaps not even a week after the gathering in happened, we decided to call it quits. It was strange having a sudden outburst of people and then just as suddenly going down to all of 2 people logging in every day Graendol, Libertas. We could attribute it to school, work, or otherwise, but there was something else to it. I'm level 99 in that screenshot. Most everyone else was as well. All the content of that time had been shown to us and then subsequently played through to exhaustion.
There was also an alternate guild that existed at that time. It was both to house people who wanted to level alts together and anyone who didn't make it to the main guild on time. Interestingly enough, this guild's activity was directly tied to the main guild's activity. At no point did it ever overtake the main guild's active members. This is wholly unexpected, as one would think to create an alt after hitting level 99 and joblevel 70, but it was not the case. People simply didn't want to log back in to grind for gear, nor did they want to spend the time leveling their alts in the same way they've already done.
So in short, we burnt out.
Of course, grinding with a party wasn't the only draw. WoE and PVP is to be considered.

Let me fucking tell you about pvp. The natives there had been playing for say 5 years before us, and from the size of our guild, they deduced we were a threat. They were all geared, they had done everything there is to do, and their only purpose then was to be at the top of the social ladder. When we decided to go to the battlegrounds– the same battlegrounds they've had for 5 years now, and found that it was [FUN] and rewarding, they decided to change it. They lowered the EXP gain, roughly in half. Why the change now? We were never given a straight answer, but the natives spouted the same fucking line. "Oh dur battlegrounds is about PVP dur dur". That's dandy and all, but how are we supposed to PvP without gear? "Oh dur dur go level for it"; fuck them.
WoE was something else too. Initially we were taken under the big-dog's wing and were allowed to tag along. Let me tell you, nothing exciting happened. There was no challenge. We never got a castle. Every attempt to make something for ourselves were slapped down by fuckers with mvp cards sharing accounts so they'll constantly have access to the card carrier.
In all, pvp and woe were exciting at first, but it quickly became anti-fun due to the tryhard nature of the natives.

With the only thing left to us was the grind for WoE gear, we decided to give up and leave. Graendol was the only person to stay, but the true nature of the natives showed itself. rip he.
tl;dr: Rates suck, no content, party play is at a minimum because there isn't the need for it, being cucked on your build isn't fun, and alts aren't even on the guild even though we're not at all full

That's good points but this is the kind of problems you will inevitably run on every RO freeshard, no matter what rates there is - the game is nearly two decades old now, we all played it, there really isn't much new and exciting you could do.
Builds are known, farming spots are known, PvP compos are known, quests are known. At least on vanilla servers like this one you have to go to map X instead of map Y and grind mob W instead of mob Z so it shuffles things around a bit.
But no matter what server you go to you will run out of "content" in matter of days unless there's tons of custom shit that almost universally ends up being terrible or imbalanced as fuck, no matter the rates you'll end up maxing out your one or two main builds because that's all you really need or want to gear out and unless you go to server that's completely dead - and at that point you might just as well host your own - you will be playing eternal catchup with old guard that is all carded out.
On other hand on turbo ultra giga nigga rate servers everyone is fully geared, built and carded at all times so it just ends up being a boring arena button mash with near identical builds clicking around in WoE and everything outside PvP being dead.

In short - problem is that it's old game, we know it, we played it for years and we just ran out of stuff that we haven't done yet.

Don't forget about the fuckers that camped the MVP's and never allowed us to take em down (as well as the difficulty of even the "easier" mvps)

It's not like we do great job at MVP hunting here either.

Rates are the same as it was on HeRO. 5x for both types of exp.

I would agree with you about leveling, however that's only when you consider that we tend to do that because of our gained knowledge of the game. A new player might find them self grinding off smokies or who knows what. Also "Monster of the Day" helps change that up some times.
As for ruining builds, yeah I've gotta agree that the original game risk of screwing it all up is a constant fear whenever I toss down a skill point. At the moment I've got 6 unspent skill points on my Crusader because I'm not 100% sure how to secure my build.
The multilclienting issue in my opinion isn't as big an issue, but self filling holes in parties does encourage lack of specialization I suppose.

A few days ago a small army of us gathered to take down Maya. We first fought Phreeoni that stone cursing mother fucker, then went on to go after the MVP. Still high on victory we took the fight to Dracula and won easily. Though once we finished that it had been a few hours, so party broke before we could dedicate our self's to going after Baphomet. It was great for all of our higher level guys to be working together like that.

I've just gotta say, I feel a bit at fault for some of our short comings. We had a rocky start this year in switching servers on day one, then I got sick almost immediately after we started gaining momentum on Origins. I saw concerns of burn out during that time but I was just sick and with headaches that would not allow me to enjoy extended time on a computer. I'll continue to play and hopefully do a better job of being a leader. I hope we continue to have some fun as long as there is interest in playing.

You guys did well taking down some MVPs tonight. Even if that faggot, triple-clienting, auto-marriage SP batterying, dicksucking oldfag got the kill on Stormy. We are growing stronger every day.

Meanwhile I managed to scrounge this shit up in the rice fields today. Now I just need decent slotted equipment.

I use to play on a RO server many years ago that had rice monsters just for easy job exp. Boiled Rice I think they where called.

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

Is there gay marriage in this server?

This server allows for multi clienting, aka playing more than a single character at once(on a separate account(within your master account)).

In this case, it would seem this turbo autist was playing 3 characters at the same time to fight an MVP.

I've yet to see a wedding, but there is a good chance that there is.

Yes. I feel like trolling the IRC with request for furrsuits and gender slider, I'm sure the BR admin would cave in.

what made rbo so magical?

Acolyte is a base class focused on healing, buffing, supporting oneself and others and fighting demon and undead monsters. There are essentially two paths when playing as acolyte: going maximum support and undead-killing with high intelligence and vitality into a Priest or building as a self-buffing battle class that will eventually change into a Monk. Regardless, with so many useful acolyte skills changing class at Job Level 50 is practically mandatory in all cases.

Important skills: Heal, Agility Up, Blessing, Pneuma (all builds), Angelus (Support), Divine Protection lvl 10 and Demon Bane lvl 10 (Monk)

Priest
The ultimate party support and healer. With high Int, Vit and some Dex you have great healing, solid survivability and good casting time to keep your teammates buffed and healed with minimal SP downtime. Even if by some miracle you don't have people wanting to party with you you can still solo level by healbombing undead monsters and exorcizing powerful undead like Anubis(when he's added). High vit is mandatory for PVP and War of Emperium as you will be targeted by virtually everyone of the enemy team.

''Important skills": Impositio Manus, Ressurrection, Magnificat, (all builds), Kyrie Eleison (Priest) OR Assumptio (High Priest), Turn Undead (Exorcist).

Monk
Unlike the support-oriented Priest, the Monk is a more rounded and self-sufficient fighter with some supernatural abilities of his own. Monks have a wide variety of skills available - from high damage combo attacks to the close-ranged Investigate which deals higher damage the higher the defense of the foe to freezing attacking foes with Blade Stop and their most famous skill - the incredibly powerful Asura Strike. The downsides to being a monk are the very limited SP, limited support abilities and the fact that many of your skills are forced neutral damage, which makes it difficult to deal with certain foes and builds.

There are two paths one can go when playing as Monk/Champion: agility-focused combo builds that deal good sustained damage and can easily dodge enemy attacks (and are fun to boot) to dexterity-focused builds that rely on their spirit skills such as Investigate and Finger Offensive as well as Asura Strike. Regardless, you will want very high strength on both counts for maximum damage.

Important Skills: Summon Spirit Sphere, Investigate (All Builds), Triple Attack, Chain Combo and Combo Finish (Combo), Finger Offensive, Asura Strike (Spirit), Dangerous Soul Collect and Body Relocation (Champion).

(checkity checked)
Good, solid and fun gameplay with Ragnarok's top notch setting/characters.

Pictured: playing with Mr. Bucket's bat nature preserve.

Thoughts?

Late reply, and I've never played mage, but here's my $0.02.
Getting safety wall and fire wall at the same time seems a bit redundant, and they both have hefty prerequesites. I'd get one or the other. Maxing vermillion and jupitel thunder for wiz skills is kind of putting all your eggs in one basket. You can probably do fine without it, but meteor storm is your highest damaging skill if you can get a boss hit by all the meteors.

killed a GM today for fun

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker(To be added in future update). Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now.

However, If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, You'll very likely need a person to leach off of. Build them with VIT or AGI, INT and DEX. Making a to be soul linker right now is not advised as the class isn't out yet, but if you wanted to make one in preparation, I suppose that's how you'd go about it. To be soul linker TK's will want to focus on getting Sprint, Jump, Both breaks, Kihop, Leap and all of Mild Wind.
Ignore kick skills for a magical build as you won't need them.