Mabinogi thread?

Do any of you play this?
I tried it a couple of years ago, but stopped once I finished the basic tutorial.
I want to give this game another go. What server do anons play at?
There also seems to be a bunch of private servers out there, are they any better than the nexon's?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Windmill
forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4523/missing-ap-after-skill-reset-with-duncan
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Kitchen_Dungeon
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Erinn_Martial_Arts_Competition
thereflextions.com/uotiara/
mabimods.net/index.php
blade3575.com/Abyss/
mabibeats.com/3mle-download/)
youtube.com/watch?v=9MVtahYlCBI
youtu.be/DffQVP6UqVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8fzMxX2Ps
docs.google.
discord.gg/7hsnXwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember playing that about 6 or 7 years ago, just about. I really liked it but i dont remember why i never got very far. Probably a cash shop thing. My favorite part was how you could make randomised dungeons based on items in your inventory.

I couldn't get into it. I don't even remember why i didn't liked it. Games like those are better in 2d.

Well it's handled by Nexon, so it's gotta be p2w.
I wonder if those private servers are any better.

I remember Mabinogi's combat system circumvent lag by being kinda turn-based rather than cool-down based, something that wow introduced half year later. Most 2D games are cool-down based but also have fast animations so if your ping is high, shit won't be enjoyable, while in mabinogi it doesn't matter as much.
I couldn't play La Tale and Maple Story because of that, but Mabinogi was fine.
So yeah I get you, turn-based combat in mmo is something not everyone can like.

Nexon's Mabinogi is absolutely cancerous in regards to both cash shop content and power creep.
The playerbase is also full retard with ending every sentence with an emote
look for the private server

I wanted to pick up mabinogi again, but everyone I've met here doesn't play it on my server, and not enough people exactly want to abandon their old characters to make a "we're doing this shit again from the start" club.
I don't know why but the idea of a group of anons starting from the bottom without oldfag help again seems comfy to me.

Which one? They all advertise as being "totally not nexon".

You can't blame them.
Since I didn't really start I want to know where it would be better, since I tend to stick to my progress as well.

I still play, the music system sucked me into it, as well as inmersive combat (no auto attack bullshit). Population is kind of low so raids and what not are rearer so the p2w is not really a problem from what I've seen

Are you playing on private server or official one?
Is there free trading like in Ragnarok Online?
How is sandbox to instances ratio in the end game?

Still playing in the official servers.

As of a few years back, opening a player shop in the open world is free, a housing based store does require a paid subscription and only lasts for 1 month before the store shuts down

There are both open world and instanced raids, since I've yet to participate in them, I'm not sure on the ratio but there are more instances than open world ones.

That doesn't sound too bad. Most mmos don't even have that.

Look at me. Look at me, user.
Don't.

I play on Alexina. A lot veterans play on Ruairi or. Tarlach from what I hear but Alexina has the most players.

I guess I'll just roll at Alexina, it seems to be the most populated one.

I don't think I get how the combat works after all.
If enemy shows shield I should use smash right? But as soon as I click smash - mob rush me with normal attack and stunlock do death.
What am I doing wrong?
If I wait in counter mode for them to attack me they usually wait when my stamina runs out and stunlock me to death either way.

okay basically all your normal attacks are useless.
Focus on whirlwind, and that'll carry you basically forever

I liked the growth system and wish it were implemented in AAA/indie titles.

But whirlwind doesn't activate 90% of the time, it says "there is no target to use it on" while I'm clicking on nearby spider like mad.
And in half of those remaining 10% enemies manage to knock me down before it actually activates even if I got past stupid no target message.

You'll get the hang of it. Also you want to be as low level as possible when grinding it out, because it requires you to kill enemies that are certain challenge ratings.

(it also gets larger range as you level it up, and using 2 swords makes the range even larger)

Finally a Mabinogi thread. I've been recommending this in every mmo thread but it seemed like no one cares to try it. I started playing during beta but I haven't played in years. I really like the combat though. Also converting midis to music charts tickled my autism. I think I beat the (first?) main story's quests then got stuck on the ones where you enter a dark world. Stopped playing there. Can't remember what level I am or the server. I definitely recommend the game to anyone looking for something different and comfy.

I'm level 18, am I fucked?

you can reset for fairly cheaply IIRC, or that may be because they do events "new player" events.

But it's only if you want to grind the easiest way, it's soul crushingly boring to optimally grind out whirlwind to master. Just get it a decent level and just do whatever you want really.

Why it is greyed out? What am I supposed to do with it now?

I remember playing this a while ago but the cash shop shit turned me off.

I also remember doing a weird miku event that got me a lot of money.

Anyone play on private servers? Are they any good or populated? Did they make the p2w shit free?

something about korean grindfest mmos attracts great music

D R O P P E D

more like it repels generic Hollywood knockoff composers with their predictable crescendos and over reliance on cymbals.

if humans were meant to interact with one another we'd all be part of a single superorganism

Are you retarded? It's an MMO.

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Windmill
I don't advocate using the wiki to find out about things, because most of my fun was finding out about things myself through players and good old exploring. But the unknown training methods are fucking bullshit. So for Windmill it's usually attack three or more enemies at once, or attack several enemies at the same level.

Tip by the way for new players.
DO NOT LEVEL COMBAT MASTERY.
Combat mastery raises your combat power, the thing decides whether or not something is weak. So it's easier for you to level Windmill.

It already has graphics like in 3D Custom Maid 2 tho.

Will my masteries reset if I rebirth, or I might as well reroll a character?

the only things that get reset when you rebirth are your level, age, and your equipment gets put into your inventory, skill progression remains the same

No they won't, that be retarded.
No. Go to duncan and reset your skills.

Adding onto this. When you reset your skills your training is still there so long as you had completed that rank. This means you can level every skill you want, then spend 1 ap to reset back to F and level your character however you want with the ability to level all those other ranks if you so wish. You may ask why no one does this well only characters under the total level of 1000 can.

Define p2w shit, so I can tell you whether or not they did.

Mabinogi private server when?

Wondering this too. Nexon is absolute cancer and the playerbase (or whatever is left of it) that's on the official server is cancer as well.
I'd be down with playing this with anons though.

this

Yeah, it's pretty great. I go online once a year.

I used to love this game, but the guild I used to go to slowley died out and when I was invited to a new guild but I slowley hated it since it was a shitty guild where people thought it was ok to end their posts in emoticons or poorly writing like some nigger from 2002 gaia online

Respeccing is free until you hit total lvl 1,000 or so

Duncan can Reset you after lvl 1000, but there's a gold cost involved. The first time is 10,000 gold, after that it goes up, don't know by how much since I've only done it once

Sucks because nowhere does it say on the wiki, official site or ingame that it'll take the AP away from the AP pool.
forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4523/missing-ap-after-skill-reset-with-duncan

Where do you think "Holla Forums is one person" came from?
Don't listen to the goons who tell you otherwise; Holla Forums is a hivemind.

it was made by people who think that people assume that Holla Forums is one person when in reality, it's just a place where alot of people share the similar opinions, giving the illusion of one person.
it's still a shitty argument though

I'm with these dudes. Sick and tired of modern MMOs and how plastic and faded their color palettes are.

WHERE ALL MY GIANT NIGGAS AT
I just recently came back to this game, alot of shit is free now or a little more free2play friendly. Like Rebirthing for free used to take 3 weeks and now it only takes 1 week. Anyway if anyone is interested add me I'm on Ruairi, name is Emcha. I didn't pick the name I got banned and Nexon changed my character

Alot of the important shit like enchanting and reforges are locked away behind the cash shop if you want the good stuff so it's still pay to win but you can buy all the stuff in-game by jewing to your heart's content.

After my windmill fiasco I'm fully prepared to reroll with new account, but holy shit CAN WE SETTLE ON A SERVER ALREADY?

You can just reset your skills to F (the lowest rank) and nothing will be lost to you you have to have alot of total levels on your character to fuck up your Windmill training and make it harder on yourself. You can keep resetting your skills until you reach total level 1,000.

What about

Considering you can rebirth (reset your level back to 1) so frequently now I wouldn't stress too much over it.

Ok I reset everything and finally got past F in windmill. Until what level should I train it until it is considered acceptable? I imagine you can theoretically go full autismo and max it, but there gotta be something before that that should carry me through the game?
Do I even need to level other active skills or only passive ones?

It depends what you want to 'specialize' in Mabinogi's skill system is nice in the way that there are no classes, the most broken skills are the Alchemy ones but only when fully maxed out. What I always advise new players to do is max one skill (preferably ones that involve the requirement to kill enemies of a certain skill level i.e. weak, strong, very strong you can tell this by holding ALT) Windmill's rank 5 range is the best if you don't want to fully max it, rank 1 gives you bonus range. Usually skills are at their most beneficial point at rank 1 which is why I advise that to new players, some skills are straight garbage until rank 1 i.e. Alchemy skill called Rain Casting which makes enemies under the cloud not aggro you at all.

I meant to say max one skill before moving on to the next.* Also to add to that a bit, passive skills that increase your stats will raise your combat power (how enemies appear to you weak, strong, very strong etc.)

Cash shop system is a pity, and it's ultimately an unholy grind. Combat is vastly superior and more fun than most mainstream MMORPGs. Ultimately it's the kind of MMO that's fun for a bit and then you drop it once it starts getting same-y.

Dunno shit about private servers.

I'm tempted to play this again. Even just to help some newcomers. I think I'm on Tarlach. Anyone playing? Should I just fuck off to a private server? Assuming they're even populated.

They've geared the game towards catering to endgamers and bards, there's barely ever new content, it takes months of work before you can make any money, they've started forcing people to either have their shitty booter to direct launch it or Steam, the variety of classes end up being useless beyond increasing stats, you have to know invul frames to truly get anywhere, and they've started putting coupons for character creator cosmetics that once you use it you'll need to buy another if you change your looks and items that you need to pay for pon to be able to equip.

DFOs death cannot come fast enough to this game.

I'd kill to be able to spam the Succubus dungeon alone just to see the Succubi lolis

They also made the bags you extend your inventory free beyond getting them (also drop tradable).
It was one of the few things left in Commerce you could make money off of before they started handing the fuckers out.

Unfortunately I'm on Ruairi I wish I could play with you anons although I could just start over if more anons are willing to play.

Yes, take my advice. Walk away, don't even look back. I've spent more time training skills so I could get better combat.

*For fuck sake, I once taken up sewing to get better at Archery

Though I do have one question, they fix cooking yet so you can measure the goddamn Ingredients?

(Checked)
Trips confirm. I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing.

Only reason I got back into this game a while back was to play a Puppeteer. If they've overhauled/improved the game and everyone wants to pick a server, I'll get back into this.

Is running around almost empty plains at night searching for specific monsters to level up specific skill how you should play this game?
It is kinda charming, but I'm not sure I'm having fun.

Also this view would be absolutely breath taking if graphics weren't straight from 2003.

Use the wiki to find their territory.

The scenery and weather are the things I enjoy about Physis. Would be great if they fleshed out the world so that almost all of your time isn't spent in dungeons and towns.

Same here. I'll restart my character to join a different server if we can vote on a server to play on.

I picked up carpentry to get more strength, kill me.

I ranked Engineering just because drills and money; fuck them for tying everything to the raids.

Nexon fucked it into the ground for a while, then it started to get better on that side. Then the shitty updates from Korea started (Saga, specifically) which intentionally aimed to dumb the game down to make it more "familiar" to casual MMO players and weeaboos (they changed the slogan from "Fantasy Life" to "Anime Life" for a while). Shit was retarded, but the gameplay got back on track recently it seems. It's worth giving another go.

t. fag who's played since '08, stopped in '12, and recently started re-playing it

There is nothing - no enemies, no animals, no NPCs, no other players, it's eerie.

I still have no idea what is even the end goal of this game.

There isn't one, really. The game was founded upon open world principles like the MMO's of yore, but with a more polished (for its time) flair. It's since become schizophrenic with its overall design (thanks to revolving directors), but in general it's still a "do what you want" kinda game.

Most of the fun comes from running dungeons or other missions. Take in the slower pace and enjoy it for what it's worth. Don't play it like a crack addict- get comfy, maybe do some commerce. You'll find lots to appreciate the game for.

They changed it to "Anime Life" because of legal issues with Level-5 or at least what they thought would lead to legal issues.

To destroy your life.

Really gonna suggest that?

We did a lot of shenanigans on Alexina. We got to all the hard-to-reach locations, spammed end game dungeons, overpowered on the best gear, won a lot of fashion contests, hell we even killed some GMs' characters in-game in front of everyone during a GM-run event. Shit was legendary.

This suit was a pain in the ass to get.

Was that before it became easy to rig it?

I just remembered that a little bit before I quit, they released tradable versions of the School Girl and Iron Man marionettes. Forgot I was gonna try and buy one.

I've got some free time for once in my miserable life and I'd run with Holla Forums as a puppeteer if we picked a server.

PICKING SERVER IS HARD

Niggers, everyone just make your character on Alexina we'll play there. Unless anyone has a problem with that. Ruairi is still best also if you don't pick Giant you're an faggot Are we making a guild or what?

It also fucking sucks that you can't buy pets in-game and that they're only given out on some events irregularly. Like that Quiz event where you stood on the X or O to answer, the first time around it was fun as fuck with friends got like 4 or 5 horse pets out of it.

I'm training my windmill on Alexina for 3 days now.

What do pets do? I mean obviously you can ride horses, and probably some dragons and huge birds, but what do cats and dogs and such do? Loot your shit for you?

Some do, some speed up your commerce vehicle speed, some heal you when you summon them, freeze enemies, decrease enemy defenses etc, they all store items for you. The special effects are useful for the late game when you're dealing with multiple enemies at once.

I'll make my character on Alexina when I get home been posting from phone hopefully other anons can join in.

>Alexina
THE CHOICE HAS BEEN MADE
Fug, now I need to make a new character, do the demo again, and then redo the whole puppeteer questline

It won't be so bad if we help each other out with the power of friendship! Disgusting It'll be okay sooner or later we'll earn it back.

Well my windmill got to A, but apparently I can level it even further, but requirements for it got insane. Do I stop here or grind further?

Now we wait..

this was the main reason I was hoping for a private server. Fuck how you need pets for extra inventory space.

Yeah I agree it's pretty gay. There's always those shit surveys you can do for free currency and if anyone finds a private server that's still a possibility.

Oh shit are people actually getting into this? Last I remember I'm on Tarlach so I guess I'm fucked unless you can transfer servers.

make a new character, the game gives you 5 free ones.
Anyone organizing this? Is someone going to make a guild?

I'm tempted to but I was really hoping to help out new players with my powerful character

Alexina is gay.

I joined not long before that back when you could sell the Flamemare whistles and make bank. Nowadays events rarely have anything worthwhile.

Turns out I've still got my low-rank puppeteer on Tarlach, but I'm gonna start over on Alexina

nigga the entire thread has been arguing about what server we're going to group up on, whatever server you're playing on is gayer.

According to the game, it's been 3 years since I last played. Everything is fucking different and now I can make a Giant or an Elf without unlocking a special card…

Should I make a Giantess Puppeteer?

Gay, yes, but it's nothing compared to assmuncher that is Alexina.
Ruairi is dogshit for who it's named after

fun thing I found is when making your character you can use premium colors and options without paying, it only costs money to edit afterwards.
So yes, giant puppeteer.

(checked)
You're right Ruairi DID NOTHING WRONG I'm finally home (sorry for all the ID switching) I made my character on Alexina, hopefully you guys didn't go somewhere else without telling me my IGN is Molascow.
POST IN GAME NAMES NOW

my ign is deadmeme
main question still stands though is there any plans for a guild or something

I'm on Alexina right now. Trying to get the damned mission to learn the rest of the puppetry skills.

What's your name?

I'm not sure, I believe making the guild requires premium service but I'm not sure if maintaining it does as well. I want to fuck Lorna

Shuroro. I'm just kind of putzing about. I don't want to have to do all the training board missions just to trigger the puppeteering missions.

>DID NOTHING WRONG
Up until the point he became a whiny bitch.

I wonder if Nexon hadn't be such lazy shits and took off the "new" tag off of Alexina; would Tarlach be as dead as it was the last time I logged in. Servers shoulda been merged by now.

Yeah I agree I don't understand why they haven't merged them yet I remember back in the day Alexina was always near full and at some points full but yeah Tarlach is about as dead as the other servers.

If anyone else still wants to play drop you IGN in the thread and I'll add you or add me IGN is Molascow once again, maybe we can get a guild going in the future.

I got two friends to play this game. We're Alexina, I might get more newbies. So far we all hate the game, **but we just keep coming back.*

The whole point is for all of us to join together and play at least that's what I assume from OPs post. Add some anons.

Don't listen to him
, he's gonna purple robe you!

Oh yeah, anyone that's new, AVOID FERGHUS AT ALL COSTS OUTSIDE OF 100% REPAIR EVENTS.

To add to this, don't use AP training on skills that are easy to rank up. Apparently you don't get that AP back when you reset your character, I'm not sure. We'll need to make a OP to copy and paste for the next thread incase any other anons want to play to let them know about this.

Agreed.

When I ran into that story event way back when in chapter 2 I was trying to stop the Paladinlings from creating horrible mistakes. Unfortunately you can't target 'friendlies' so THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE.

I stopped feeling bad for him when he went full edgelord and became a massive villainsue+sympathysue and started blaming the PC for shit they had no control of in the first place, fucking writers. Feels like the story nowadays does nothing but make you job to enemies given invincibility by the devs more than anything else.

It never ran for me. What was it like?

okay then I forget how easy it is to level in this game

I think I started playing as a puppeteer and got distracted with other things. There was something weird to me about the quest system, felt like I got lost a few times and there wasn't much logged info.

Yeah Ruairi was shit but I really don't fucking understand how the writers thought it was okay to drag Tarlach into it. I haven't really cared much for the Knight storyline thing since I saw how bad Saga II was. I wonder what the new update that's coming out soon is going to do, the wiki is still fucking down so I haven't bothered checking.

The game is pretty old and janky and since it's ran by Nexon it's pay2win, it's grindy as fuck as alot of korean rpgs are but I think it's pretty comfy, I had fun just running around with another user yesterday and it feels good to not be tied down to any particular class or skill you can literally do it all, it also combines active combat with turn based combat pretty decently. It's not for everyone but it has the best feeling for watching your character progress and get stronger since as you rank up/level up skills they gain new effects or just become straight up better versions.

Yeah it has got alot easier to level now but since I just started on Alexina again to play with anons I find dungeons are still pretty challenging and they've responded to the community's cries of old dungeons being useless/too easy by adding some new harder variations. All and all some of the changes make the game a little more free2play friendly but the OP shit like protecting your items from enchanting failure (which can result in your item being destroyed) or reforges which give your equipment stupid buffs are still cash only but you can jew out other players that sell them in-game.

The quest system isn't the best and sometimes things are vague but I think you can still get through it, the tutorial did a pretty good job of leading me where I needed to.
DO NOT SKIP THE TUTORIAL IF YOU'RE STARTING OVER ON ALEXINA TO PLAY WITH OTHER ANONS YOU GET A FREE BROOM PET AT THE END

Some places online are saying you are later given the chance to trade out the Horn pet for the Broom.

To have a shota

The new update's just gonna be more Bard shit (as if they haven't already had almost all the attention from Devcat) and a new dungeon that will likely be only for end game/cheesers.

I played from closed beta onward but quit like 6+ years ago when Ruairi died and only the annoying :3xdcollegboi manchild cunts who sat in dunby all day never touching combat with their ugly multicolour flashing dyes were left. I heard Alexina or whatever was populated and less shitty in terms of players but I invested way too much over the years and nexon is too retarded to implement server transfers.
And there were sure lots of fag pedophiles on that game even with the player shortage.
I wish they'd make another mmo with a similar crafting, aging and combat system already but without retarded shit like reforges or whatever the hip p2w nx fuckfest is in now.

Actually. My mistake. I thought the tutorial, which you can skip and ignore, was all the "press I to open your inventory" stuff. Just keep doing the Lorna and Pan missions and you will eventually get the broom, I think

Yeah I agree with you on all your points, if we found a private server or these concepts were all implemented into a less jewish game it'd be amazing.

Just letting everyone know there's currently a pretty easy event going on that lets you get a free pet. Incase once again any of you decided to restart from scratch in Alexina.

yeah great game download today

This is some early PSO2 level of crazy. Wowfags on suicide watch.

You guys missed some comfy mission-doing and elf racism
Can't wait to see if we get a guild.

Servers are getting back to how bad they used to be?

Mabi.pro is the only private server that isn't completely shit but it's sorta dead.

seems okay enough, do pets work? are they free?

They've always been that bad.

user you're not proving anything it's a shit game with a big jew publisher but it's comfy with friends for a few laughs or hanging out plus I already have agreed with all the complaints since they've been valid like this user said.
That being said anyone is still welcome to join us on Alexina, I've been having fun with the few anons that have joined just doing random shit. Plus like I said now's a decent time to join since there's the homestead event where you have to basically log in for 20 days and you get a free pet, it's better than nothing.
Another user also offered to make a guild if enough of you are interested in playing with us not sure if he's still keeping tabs on this thread.

Wasn't that bad for a while. I remember there being some issues right before I quit a couple months ago but I figured it was something that might end up being fixed in a maintenance if it wasn't DDoS attacks.

I couldn't really say I just play this game on and off to chill with people and kill shit I'm not 100% autistic for it for it's many flaws mentioned above but I do find it comfy and it does do alot of things right in terms of it's design again as stated in the rest of the thread.

nah this was a couple years ago during ddos attacks. The servers are probably fine now but you can disable nagles and lower your mtu for super smooth skill loading.

Was getting caught posting in this thread part of your plan?

I've been having fun playing the dual gunner I made a couple of days ago now, finally was able to solo a shadow mission. I'm on Alexina too if we ever end up with a guild.

God I remember and miss this. Fun little game that was pretty comfy. Like genuinely comfy. Traveling from town to town being a musical hobo was oddly satisfying, and I really wish my account wasn't MIA so I could get the sword my old guildmaster gave me when he was showing me how to mix magic and swords together. Good shit. Expansions were all over the place, though.
Nao will always be the best girl.

Fuck man, this takes me back. I used to play with high school friends. I remembered I used to dress in the Edekai's Priest Robe that was dyed black with this green scarf and sleeves. Used to use two daggers because of the ridiculously high crit rate and farm the fuck out of holly water side quests and herb skills. There still hasn't been an mmo out there that captures the comfy feeling that game gave me, even with all those retarded updates. I just want something to fill that void that game left me.

They nerfed Naos titties

Th-this is the real Mabi…..what do you think?

The grinding is so comfy, also got this sick helmet off of some random wolf or something

Press "Y".

I'm down to play with you faggots. Who should I add to get some nerds to party with?

I'm in Alexina and my name is Soathe.

Wait, seriously?

Heard it from a friend that worshiped them.

Though it might just be official art though.

just add every in game name you see in the thread
still hoping more faggots decide to join even if they have to make new characters since the game is funner when everyone's starting again and you're not just watching some fag one hit everything while you do ass damage

Alexina, right?

Yeah. Make sure you add everyone on the list so they can not give you free shit since they all new

I might just be blind but I don't see a list.

there isn't one I meant to say the thread.
Someone will probably make a list as soon as there's more than 7 people

Amazing.
NIGGERS STOP REMINISCING ABOUT THE OLD DAYS AND JOIN US YOU'VE GOT COMFINESS AWAITING YOU

I'll make a list as soon as I get home unless another user beats me to it. Again an user already agreed to make the guild if enough of you are interested. Show yourself guildanon.

guildanon here. ign is Snigster

List of anons so far that have joined us incase you want to add them
Snigster
Shuroro
Soathe
deadmeme
nevistus
Molascow
currently most of us are doing G1 or helping other people with it, again don't skip the tutorial, it should get you a free broom pet. SHOULD.

Snigster offered to make the guild so the sooner you join the sooner we can get it going.

what server

I'm going to reroll a character. I forgot a lot of shit and since the wiki is semi reliable I don't know what to do.

I'll join you'll cowards, just tell me the server

don't you want the >1000 level newfag shit?

I didn't know that existed. I'm already 1/4 done downloading Mabi on my old Nexon account.

I got back on my old low level char for fun, il be on but not now. I got some lancer skills on it

Wew fucking lad. New account it is then.

Okay im in, Add Baterybees.
I'm in the mining village atm

I'm done trying

Turn off Adblock or any Noscript.

are you people seriously playing an MMO on a nixon server?

Thanks

and by this, i meant, of course, a nexon server.

i've had nothing but awful experiences with nexon. from blocked accounts to high ping and absolute shit quality customer service.

So I'm guessing you're all on Alexina?

Yeah

It's awful but the concept is nice no other MMO does it quite like this garbage. Yeah it's garbage but it's been comfy with friends like it's been said in the thread over 10 times now.

They shot up to being good in all those areas a couple years ago (don't totally know about customer service since I never really used it after they started getting better). They seem to be heading back down though.

what concept? isn't this just another generic korean MMO hotkey bar masher?

i have as much confidence in them as i have in perfectworld.
then again, i somewhat "trusted" jagex up until yesterday.

i might give it a go after im done with P5

Nah the concept of a lack of classes and the crafting system, again I'm not defending anything I already said and have agreed with other anons that have said the game is shit. You're welcome to join us if you want.

I have returned to find that my character is a grown ass adult today, now he must become a productive member of society

tell me a little more about it.

whats the combat like?

What the fuck. There's guns in Mabinogi now?

Yeah man, magic guns that shoot magic bullets. I'm enjoying being a shooty dude

Well the combat is slightly turn-based combined with active combat, every time you click (or press the hotkey) you attack, you can combine attacks in battle however works for you there's no one way to correctly play the game. You can combine certain attacks i.e. some skills let you load other skills in the middle of their animation to follow up attacks on enemies to stun them and keep your combo going if you so choose. Once you get past the tutorial you're free to learn whatever skills you want in whatever order, there's recommended stuff to do first and there's skills that are more useful/OP than others but the game doesn't tie you down to one particular playstyle. Your character ages/gets taller as time goes by or you can keep them a baby if you want and your skills evolve in the sense that as you rank more of them and get stronger your skills also become more useful as they often start out being garbage and at rank 1 give more stats/benefits to your character.

Don't forget to bless your equipment with holy water, reduces durability loss rate by 50% and wears off on death

guildanon here again. Looking for names for the guild. Post suggestions.

What are the name limits?
Can we be the National Socialist Erinn Workers Party?
If not, you could try the go-to generic 8ch names, like Holla Forums, Infinity, Mobius, and shit.

EggM8s?
or maybbe Erinn Worshippers

yeah that's going to play out well

All I know is I want the number 8 in there
8 is a quality number.

Would you rather the "Tir Na Nog Antifa"?

you could call it "communist marxist jewish anti-white guild" and it'd pass by harmlessly, they won't lift a finger to ban that.

12 letters no spaces. Filtered words won't be allowed most likely.

"Redchanit" fits and I doubt it'll trigger filters.

My name is chadwardenn if you want to add me. Just finished a bit of the basic shit. I'll probably play later.

Food truck and Scooter pets too.
There were crossover events with Vocaloid, Sword Art Online, and Fate (worst one).
There's a way to get free dyes, and farm animals on your homestead for life skilling.

Oh, and when you die you don't have to worry about your equipment falling off anymore.
Petrification deaths aren't nearly as fun anymore

How to grind windmill?

THE SACRIFICE HAS BEEN MADE JOIN NOW

Early on you go to Osna Sail or whatever that Commerce death trap is called between Emain Macha and Dunbarton and spin like crazy in the middle of a pack of wolves.

If you have a shit load of CP then it's the food dungeon for you (everyone else uses shadow missions like Provocation, and Offering).

we will make redchanit great again.

Last I checked there was a whole threat system rating how dangerous you enemies are compared to you and a special skill grinding path you had to take in order to level your skills efficiently and keep your threat level low so you wouldn't ruin your grinds (which requires enemies to be of a certain threat level compared to you). Mabinogi's proper grind is some master-grade autismo thanks to that dogshit.

I never got too involved in it, but I reckon it was part of why I never wanted to get too deep into Mabinogi either.

whats the food dungeon?

In the back of the castle in Tara, there's a guy named Glewyas that sells recipes that you use with a pot near him to enter a dungeon with giant food that you gotta beat within a circle while avoiding the rats dying within said circle (unless you're just training at which point it'll help towards numbers). You do need to tenderize the food with the dropped weapon a little first.
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Kitchen_Dungeon

If you ever desire to rank cooking but have no training seals to use; you're gonna have to suffer that fresh hell.When you do, you can take out your frustration in the Tournament you can start on Avon: wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Erinn_Martial_Arts_Competition

Nostalgia has is greasy claws around me and I'm really close to caving in and playing, but I know I shouldn't.

The servers are in burgerland, right? Ping was horrible for me last time I played.

Yep, EU fucked up and allowed the Purple Robes to destroy them.

I know I shouldn't level Combat Mastery, but should I still learn it?

Learning skills won't add enough to fuck you up; it's ranking them that'll do you in which you can hold off on until you desire it since you have to click a button to push it up to the next Rank.

Here's a useful mod that can help reduce some lag and stuff in the game if anyone is interested, it looks shady but it's safe I promise just press download and then skip the ad. thereflextions.com/uotiara/
It's from this old modding site here: mabimods.net/index.php
You have to make an account to download stuff unfortunately but if you want to read up on other mods and shit feel free.

There's also this one: blade3575.com/Abyss/ that lets you see your CP and do other stuff like packet editing but that will get you banned.
Instructions:
Installation:
1. Extract Abyss.7z/Abyss.rar to your Mabinogi folder. (The one where Client.exe and Mabinogi.exe are located.)

Uninstall:
1. *Delete Abyss.ini, Abyss_patchlog.txt, README_Abyss.txt, ijl1.dll and then rename ijl11.dat to ijl11.dll.

mod at your own risk, download at your own risk etc.

Nevermind I'm retarded just install Tiara it comes with Abyss, sorry they're the same thing.

So is it official? we're meeting at the Alexina server?
I'll have to remake my character from scratch but it would be nice to have people to play with again

by the power of autism, I am the gun lord

You can't dual wield daggers anymore?

Nevermind it was a gathering knife

Oh I know what happened to the euro servers. Nexon hates europeans.

Yeah it's official we still have no officer but Snigster has been on almost everyday just make sure to add him

>not dual wielding blunt weapons as best race

Congrats' on edgelord status. If you get a Blackstar you can cosplay as Reaper from Overshit :^)

I'm a Tarlach vet, but I'm willing to rebirth my entire account as a true noob on Alexina. Will post IGN when I get some time to make a new Giant.

Endy is best girl, btw.

Oh shit a mab thread?
I'm on Mari, what server are you guys on?>>12706839
Either he never got the skills that were slightly harder to get or he really doesn't know what he's talking about (like the potion making skills and herblore for doctors ). I got my bunny outfit from one. Of the anniversary events (or fishing, but I know it was an event box)

Endy was your Tarlach name?

We made a guild in Alexnia. Everyone's making new chars or accounts

Fucking sweet.
As soon as I get to my PC I'm hopping on

Endy is my nickname for Endelyon, the priestess of Tir Chonaill. I used to fall asleep with her theme on loop. Even learned to play it on piano.

Best Giantess is Dowra.

There are no good elves.

Ah.
What's your Tarlach name?

user just get in Alexnia so we can all be friends

I finally broke free of its chains and deleted the game; I don't wanna go back to being their bitch!
I wouldn't even need to make a new character, used a Rin card to make an Alexina character a couple years ago I never really did anything with.
I'm a half breed so I need some outfits to go with my grind.

Mabinogi has some pretty good fucking music there's no denying that, tell me this fucking theme isn't sick.

user please. Big bad H8chan isn't going to DDoS them :^)
If you're going to play with us add Snigster to get an invite to the guild.

I'm only blurring out since I figure it's just some sort of idiotic common courtesy.

We have a guildstone now. Make sure to deposit your shekels and guild points!

Abh Neagh?

Tailltean

GOOD GOY POINTS

Don't want anyone finding it too easily?

Secret spots are more fun.

Still here, still playing after 9 years. I don't play it as often as I used to, but I still do check in from time to time.

The mabipake hacks around G14 really destroyed the community back then, and it never fully recovered.

These days the server I am on is a ghost town on most channels, and what was meant to be a MMORPG ends up being a single player RPG because you have to do everything by yourself.

But I remain a pure mage, carrying a great and terrible power that alas is too slow to be of use by current power-creep standards. I walk into a room and everything around me drops dead.

explain?

I've said too much already just giving the name of it. But it was an exploit kit that allowed people to perform replay attacks on the game servers, making possible all kinds of chaos. Nexon patched it into oblivion a long time ago.

However anyone with a private server needs to be aware- Mabinogi version prior to G18-ish are vulnerable to Pake based exploitation that can and will ruin the game for anyone trying to play legitimately.

Pake was also used in the Black Robing attacks of the same time period, wherein an attacker would un-equip the hidden item representing a character's hair. And doing so would basically break the game, it would crash trying to load the offending character. You knew you were a victim when the character select screen showed the character as a black robe- indicating that it was unable to generate a thumbnail.

Okay i used to hear a lot about this game back then, so i guess this is a good opportunity to actually play it.

i already dowloaded it and started playing, got to what i believe is the starter town and was asked to gather eggs and it's seems that is an actual skill you can level. boy this is one of those games aint it?

oh by the way who should i contact in game for guild?

Snigster

People also used it to kill all the NPCs. Shit was fun up until you needed to repair something or go on a quest if you stayed away from towns where you'd have a high chance of getting tented.

I applied to the guild

Didn't used to be that way. I remember that gathering was tied down to one skill. Now everything is a skill. Mining is a skill so is dual wielding. I'm not complaining since on my other character I got about 3,000+ to spend.

well i personally have a weakness for those kinds of games so this is right up my alley.

Fucking a horse shit man. I keep having these mini blackouts. I'm going to take a break I joined the guild already my name is Lostsonez

Yeah I remember this, fun times. Ruairi got caught into the thick of it not sure if any other guild was notorious for it but Martyr gained their reputation for doing those sorts of things.

I want to fuck your Elf user she's lewd as fuck.

The biggest names I know of that abused it were from Ruairi, after causing chaos there they came to Tarlach before eventually causing problems on Mari and Alexina.

Nexon's response was too little, too late. By the time they finally realized the full extent of what was happening, irrecoverable damage to the game's economy and community had taken place. And even then they insisted on trying to band-aid fix it instead of making a patch that broke the exploit for good. It took years to finally see an end to it.

Typical Nexon really. But Mabinogi will never again be as good as it was before all that happened. They went pay2win crazy not long after, sealing Mabinogi's fate. Eventually the profitability won't be to their liking anymore, and it will end for good.

I'm around, I've just been busy lately, especially with E3.

Never leave your servers all by themselves for a weekend.

After blaming it on the players

There's better ways to waste your time.

(checked)

I wish I wouldn't have watched E3 I regret it now.
(checked)
Yeah I agree, it's shit, it's p2w etc. But I'm having fun with anons it's comfy despite the game being jank as fuck.

I tried playing this years ago as a bard, but I was retarded and didn't know shit of music composition. Anyone here know a decent place to learn how to read and write music?

the music is in the MML format.
MML is functionally worse midi, and therefore it is easy to convert midi to MML.
Using a program called 3mle (mabibeats.com/3mle-download/) you can easily write, read and convert midis to mml, then copypaste them into Mabinogi.

we paladin now bois

Once you go black, you can never go back.
Seriously though, think hard before you turn into a Dark Knight

What do you guys think is the best way to play Mabi, on Steam which uses IE to play or with Nexons shitty launcher to update before using direct launch?

Direct launch doesn't work anymore, they fucked it for the new launcher.
I'd say launcher for multi-account support.

run
nope nope fuck no I ain't doing this shit at 4AM

Add me. Valtik

First time gathering and I get a huge lucky. Gods of Erinn looking out for me.

Add Yazan00 on Mari if you play on that server fellow anons, i can help you out with anything you need, i'll log later today to check if any of you actually sent anything

join Alexnia you fag

what am i gay??
join mari where the euro masterrace people are

Join Alexnia you homosexual, nobody cares about Mari.

am Fingle, am Human. What do I do to get into guild organization? do I send request from guild menu and say that I am from the thread?

FOR ANYBODYWANTING TO PLAY THIS ON A PRIVATE SERVER WITH OTHER ANONS: WE SHOULD GROUP UP ON mabI.pro AND START A GUILD OR SOME SHIT

From what I heard after I quit over it, you can use the Nexon launcher to update it and then use direct launch up until you need to update it again before back to direct launch.

It's fine you nignog I already tried it myself plus you can turn off any gamebreaking shit if you want to play legit still but lower the god awful lag. It's as easy as pressing a few buttons, and checking off boxes on which mods/tools you want. Or not it's not like I care b-baka

JUST JOIN user we're all helping each other out you don't need to pay a dime we'll do this shit right, I would never do wrong by you.

Just add Snigster or Molascow and when either of us are available we'll invite you and show you where the guild stone is

wew lad

starting out without able to transfer my older items is kinda hard but I'll make it.
feel free to add me if you want

forgot image

spoonfeed me user this shit is spooky

why

Audio book for Mabinogi
youtube.com/watch?v=9MVtahYlCBI

Dungeon Synth to listen to if you want

youtu.be/DffQVP6UqVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8fzMxX2Ps

Yea the in game lore is pretty heavily related. But only the earlier generations (chapters). Stuff like weapons too. They have strayed away from that the past like 5 or so years though. They have been all over the place
with the narrative honestly. Shakespeare stuff etc.

God damn it Am I really going to get sucked into this fucking game again by you guys? How many people have joined so far?

I fear the same thing. Wasted so much time and money over the years. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to start over from scratch though. Wouldn't even be fun to pick up where I left off.

The guild current has 13 people in it.

I started again last night with an ancient low level and already ran into someone wanting to train me up, absolutely forgot how the battle system and most everything worked so that was fortunate.

Has anyone even figured out the Friend of Ferghus title yet?

Anyone get a white screen after launching the game? I can even hit alt+f4 to make an exit game prompt come up. Happens before the nexon logo is supposed to pop up. Seems to happen randomly and I have to relaunch a few times to fix it. I repaired installation and stuff but it didn't help.

I had that when I logged in. I just started task manager and forced closed it. It worked just fine right after.

Why is he so perfect Holla Forums? I want to protect his smile. Truly Ruairi didn't do anything wrong.

Have you not finished G3?

Except being lethal to all red headed lolis.

THEY FORCED HIS HAND user HE CAN'T HELP IT HE'S LOST EVERYTHING DEAR TO HIM

Alright, fuckers, add me.
IGN: Aurouss

It's going to be a long adventure but jesus christ, a simple set of armor shouldn't be over 10k

they let you pick a class bonus so you get 2x for a set of skill you want to rank up. So just do the one's that will grant you the most xp and power grind.

you get a free armor set literally like 4th or 5th quest of doing the first story questline

We need some NEETs to bite the bullet and craft shit.

if you fuckers came to mari like i said i could actually craft shit for you, aint fucking training life skills again

I'm looking into making pots. its the only life skill I like next to first aid.

The fucking server is down for an "update"

Here's my autism list of life skills I'll be doing after my combat shit is done:
Refining, Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Herbalism, Potion Making, Cooking/Catering/Tasting, Commerce Mastery and the Exploration skills

Don't be a fag user. We already agreed to a server.

Was delayed but should be up any minute now.

Devil trips confirm user agrees

Decided to give this a shot after lurking the thread for a few days. Barely got to Tir Chonaill and this fag approached me.
I have also sent a guild request.

my fucking sides

18 MEMBERS AND COUNTING REDCHANIT STRONK
Here's an update on the current ongoing events make sure to stay logged in even if you're not playing to receive these rewards, you get them by just staying logged in for enough time and pressing a button it's that simple goys
1 Hour: Red Upgrade Stone and Blue Upgrade
2 Hours: Double Combat Skill EXP Potion (2 Hours)
3 Hours: Tendering Potion SS
4 Hours: 5x Golden Fruit of EXP (500%)
5 Hours: Complete Skill EXP Potion (1 Hour)
6 Hours: Direct Dye Ampoule and Direct Metal Dye Ampoule
7 Hours: Skill Training Seal (25)
8 Hours: Complete Skill EXP Potion (1 Hour, expires after 7 days)
9 Hours: Rebirth Potion (expires after 7 days) and Pan Gold Box
10 Hours: Fine Reforging Tool
11 Hours, and every hour after: Adventurer Seal
this event will go on until July 5th
The second event is a really good title given out by completing the Memento Storyline
I don't know I think you talk to the Elves in the Abb Neagh bard camp wiki doesn't say much but check this
I'm not sure since I've yet to do it myself I'm only level 100 total so I will update when and if I'm able to do it. But I still recommend that you try anyway since the title will only be obtainable until the 28th
Sidhe Finnachaid dungeon
Complete the dungeon every day to receive a free 5 AP potion each day you complete it this will go on until July 12th.

I forgot to add what stats the title gives:
Title gives the following stats:

+7 Max Attack
+6 Min Attack
+5 Magic Attack
+4 Critical
+3 Music Buff Skill
This is all very good for endgame.

What's the best race to use guns with? Also, is it better to start young or old? I know back then you were meant to start young since rebirths weren't free.

Why do they have to make these afks events so insufferable now? Why can't they just copy off of DFO and have it add up?

What's so good about those stats?

are you beach body ready?

If we're talking stat wise you always want to be older you gain stats as you age, aesthetically it's just preference. And I would say Elves and Humans are best for guns since guns scale off of STR and INT Elves don't have much STR and Giants don't have much INT starting out, obviously if you rank enough skills this will change but Humans are like the whore race they can balance everything out and dip their toes into everything.

That's why DFO is still active and Mabinogi is probably going to die soon :^)
They give extra damage and crit and + music buff is a rare stat to come by which is only given by mastering the Bard talent and also upgrading certain instruments or certain enchants.

CUTE

But you're only gonna use the Bard skills once before switching to something else, wouldn't it be better to get actual damaging titles when you're at endgame?

Finally bothered redownloading; it's nice to see my Kagamine Rin outfit might be worth a lot.

It's a second title not a regular title, sorry I guess I didn't mention that. Since second titles are only slight bonuses not as much a regular one.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

So what's stopping us to all dance nude around the fire as devout followers of Morrigan?

Alright lads, done with the tutorial, chose my talent. Doing the Missing Townsfolk quest now, how do I join up?

Just add me and some of the other anons on the list here because
THE GUILD IS FUCKING FULL, DONATE YOUR POINTS NOW TO UPGRADE

Went ahead and added all the folks in the old post, in game name is Shukoko, I'm logging off for the night though since I've got some shit to do. I'll log back on either later tonight or tomorrow, don't rush anything for my sake, still learning shit.

get comfy with us on the guild stone, we're near a moon gate near Tailtean

I can't be the only one taking screenshots, right?

Comfy guild, thanks for coming guys.

𝐄 𝐗 𝐓 𝐑 𝐀 𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐂 𝐂

we hotsprings now

poor little shota

here's the symbol for the guild. it's not much, but if anyone can make better, feel free to do so

I ragequit this game last halloween due to kikery with the halloween accessory enchants, combined with failing step 7 6 times in a row. Don't plan on coming back and not interested in grinding 12,000 levels again. RIP 1100 Max Damage Human with near-capped skills.

Sold off half of my gear for around $500, but never got around to selling the rest of it or my account.

If anyone still plays on Tarlach I could give them some of the retarded gear I have. I can't remember what was left, but some of it was pretty bullshit, like my fierce accessories, arcane/foretold celtic staff, and a 48th/56th R6 CRK with dual elements and max damage reforges. Also had some half-finished gear I was working on. I remember getting one of those 9/4 gamyus and slapping a max rolled encore on it. Some of it is probably stuck on alts too since I was alt-abusing to get extra reforges/special upgrade stones/plat hammers/trade unlocks/etc.

Also probably had like 20m unspent gold sitting for those of you who think 10k is a lot. With a pair of decent CRKs and a good Final Hit set, you could multibox and do Conflict in less than 2 minutes, or SWiz Elite in like 10-15. Make like 4m gold in an hour easy.

Also random pic from like 6 months or so before I quit. Mastered every class except the alchemy ones before I quit IIRC.

it's a shame you can't transfer that money into the Alexina server.

Bizarro!

As like a year ago (not sure if the new stuff changes this):
Generally speaking, you want to start at 17, since that starts with the most AP, then age down to 10 or 11 since that gives the most AP at age up and STR/HP at lvl up for humans.

Most gunners were human/giants. Elves just got the Bhafel Hunter and spammed magnum shot. Humans would melee, then use gunner or magic as secondary depending on the content, and giants would do Lance/Gunner mostly.

Seems like shit tbh. Bards went starlet and for non-bards you'd with something like Merlin or the free 8th anniversary one.

You can do that if you find it fun. Most skills can be trained very quickly through Shadow Missions though, since those are adjustable level and often have good setups for training skills. Then MA for xp and Conflict for money till you are numb from grinding, then shovel over all your money real or gold to buy overpriced reforges so you can grind alban heroic and Rabbie Succ dungeon for items with 0.00000001% drop rate, then after you finish crafting them, destroy them by failing a special upgrade. Then wait a few months and it will start popping out of gachapons from the store at a 0.1% drop rate, but people will buy them anyway because they're addicted.

It was an interesting dungeon, but you either needed some really specialized reforges or someone with 20 bone dragons, and the loot was rare enough that going more than once or twice it got tedious just due to the sheer amount of resources you needed to do it, passes costing like 750k gold and whatnot. The lolis weren't worth it, since they are rendered with shit 2003 graphics. Had a friend who sold the loli succ wings for llike 60m gold tho.

Leveling CM is fine if you don't feel like grinding WM for the first 10 hours of playing. If you have trouble leveling a skill, squire boxes shat out billions of tendering pots, and until you're level 1k, you can always free skill reset. Also windmill is barely even used because final hit lolololol.

You could probably find someone wanting to switch servers who'd do the trade, but I'm too lazy to bother with that sort of thing; otherwise i'd be spamming the Tarlach RMT group and sell the rest of my stuff to buy a Switch and pay rent or some shit.

It's sad that Nexon is so shit, because Mabi had a cool story (except the retarded shakespeare arc), and some cool systems. I'd probably still be playing it if it were just a grindfest and not a RNGp2wfest.

Past tense.
Also we never fought the 4th guardian so the Shakes arc kind of pittered out before it was fully done not to mention the huge amount of plotholes, my guess is it got rushed.
The most recent story things like the Saga and Knights shit have you do almost nothing but get beat up in illogical horseshit cutscenes.

I actually sorta liked the saga/knights arcs in terms of story. The railroading was dumb as well as some of the fetch quests, but Shakespeare was just complete hot garbage, the entire way through. And the Alban storyline at least ties in with the Celtic theme, whereas Shakespeare is Victorian Era.

The boss fights in Saga vs R and the chick in Saga 2 were also pretty cool.

Gotta start somewhere. I've seen how big these things can get too. Gotta farm while I farm.

This is a little eerie. Normally bots are out and about farming shit mobs. You can even see that they don't all use the default hair nor are they all standing on the same coordinate. Strange.

Decided to check out mabi.pro, an old school server. Right off the bat my eyes are hurting because they use a shitty bit font for everything. I get it's supposed to reduce UI lag but they could have used any other font for that.

This was also a time where Sharp Mind was still a thing. I'm not sure yet what's different with this patch compared to the official servers.

Trying to figure out how to obtain cash shop items at the moment. There is no actual cash shop so everything is sold through a custom NPC, or at least that's what I'm guessing.

Also, say goodbye to your second key hotbar.

Well, fuck.

In mabi pro you can't buy character cards, so you have to start off as a human and get an assist card from Vales to make a giant. I've outlined the possible path there. Probably won't use my Pet Card, kinda wanna go on foot while leveling up some skills.

I wonder if this is the patch where male giants were butt ugly.

You figure out how P2W shit works, like the Active talents you can buy?

They don't exist in this patch. I also found the server unique stuff at this link:

docs.google. com/document/d/1FG_NP-9_sS_iUg94nIqezrv4eqQDJYuVBUezV_3j5Mw/edit

Since the thread is going to reach page 14, might as well pubically post the unofficial Discord server. Here we can keep in contact with anons who couldn't join the guild due to our guild not having enough upgrades.
discord.gg/7hsnXwc

Okay, so I'm playing this again.

Name is Bendani in Alexina. Had to start fresh, so there's that. Hit me up.

rise from your grave

45 minutes until Banquet.

Banquet starts in about an Hour, everyone interested, go to Tara castle!

AROUND ELVES WATCH YOURSELVES

NEW BREAD