Reasonable PC Accessories & Peripherals Thread

Where do you get your best value for your dollar, Holla Forums? My mouse is on the fritz and my headphones have lost sound in one side. No matter where you seem to go, what's advertised is some cheap plastic, Chinese slave shop, Dad's work laptop mouse, or some $200 pair of headphones with more neon lights in it than a red light district.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Wired-Keyboard-Mouse-Bundle/dp/B00B7GV802/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496729607&sr=1-13&keywords=keyboard
monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323
amzn.eu/2EumEby
amzn.eu/cj9OcRa)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sony MDR 7502 or a bit more for a 7506 are perfect professional-grade sub 100 dollar cans my dude
As for everything else you really don't need that expensive of a mouse, you can just use any cheap Big Lots-tier mouse. As for keyboards just get whatever mechanical-switch board you can find for your dollar.

and make sure the keyboard isnt wireless and has a numpad

Zowie mice are sub 100$ and are excellent

The mice here look nice, great.

Suppose you have to sacrifice having an inbuilt mic to get something sane?

microsoft intellimouse
microsoft wheelmouse optical
those are the best fucking gaming mice period
anythign else is pure fucking garbage
zowie mice are just overpriced versions of intellimouse/wmo that have the same sensorr

Logitech G502
Phillips SHP9500s

Lad you can't even spell

Don't bully!

Trackball mice are best mice.

If you don't have a dedicated sound card don't buy premium headphones.
You are actually throwing away money

This.

Easily the elder god tier of mouse styles.

Actually minor addendum.
Headphones with Bass improvements over tinny cheap $12 headphones will have marginal improvements, just because of not being an utter piece of shit, but still there is a software level bottleneck to your audio if you don't have the equipment for it.

The only reason you would need a sound card these days are either

A. Your motherboard is old as shit and doesn't have a decent audio chipset
B. Your headphones' drivers require a lot of voltage to properly push

The second one is very unlikely unless you just bought something without doing any research.

Motherboard Audio chipsets suck.

So you're part of group A, got it.

eee?

I check out Massdrop for some decent peripherals.

Sennheiser has their decent G4ME ONE/ ZERO headsets if you're looking for something less flashy but functional.

If you have some extra cash and don't mind the extra cords it's best to go with a Mid-Fi/ Hi-Fi headphone and attach a ModMic to it.

cons
can cause pain or mild inconformity, specially on long periods of continuous use and can do it in shorter periods if you get positioned wrong, which happens a lot if you keep changing between kb+m and kb only tasks, the cherry of the cake is that there is no warning until you try to move again. but that is more on the user side
to prevent pain you need either, lots of space only to rest your arm, a "hugging" desk, or a low height desk
they get nasty fast. pretty much any strand (cat hair, own hair, pubes), pretty much any liquid (sweat, skin oils) and most dirt can and will get under the ball, seriously don't use them in big spaces or by more than one person

I get anime boob pads.

you fucking degenerate

amd and nvidia are pushing for inner ear simulations on their cards and chinks are already pushing aureal and similar compatible sound cards into the market, i have one for old games and my annual deus ex replay, expect to see sound wars soon

i got some with a business woman in the box cover and they are working great three years now, i was looking for something to make and recieve calls with and before that it would have never occurred me that office supplies are also sturdy if you shop them right, just get something marketed towards productivity rather than kids

Do you suppose there's an onahole in his backpack and he's slowly using it, and that's why his bag is on his lap like that?

DO NOT BUY A USB KEYBOARD

If it doesn't have a PS/2 adapter, it's fucking shit. Get an old office keyboard.

I use a USB keyboard, and I don't have any issues, please explain the problem with a USB keyboard.

It's one of those things that you have to try to out. When I had a USB keyboard, I couldn't do certain songs in Osu!. Not without a lot of difficulty. The moment I switched over to a PS/2 keyboard, I got better. I thought this was strange so I switched both of them and my score on maps that required higher APM were better with PS/2.

Interrupt-driven is superior to polling and PS/2 keyboards generally deal better with multiple simultaneous presses.

Sounds like you had a shit USB keyboard though

Next he'll say USB keyboards are filled with jewish keyloggers or something.

Guy is an autist. There is a difference because PS/2 keyboards send hardware interrupts directly to the processor so you don't get messeges like "no keyboard detected, press F1 to continue", but you sacrifice basic things like n-key rollover and thus pressing more than 5-7 keys at the same time and not having half of them register. Don't listen to these hipster fuckers. Also PS/2 doesn't support backlights but you're not a ricer are you? you better not be, bitch.

N-no, I'm not a ricer, v-vote for Trump! Eheheh…

My man, only gaming mice are worth the money. Steelseries have decent looking mice without ricer LEDs everywhere but the wheels tend to die in a couple years. I personally like the Logitech G502 a lot but it costs a a pretty penny. Can't live without the extra buttons though. Gaming keyboards are not worth it unless you're going mechanical and gaming headsets are gay. Get a decent pair of Sennheisers or audio technical and jury rig a mic to them, that's what I did.

[Disdain for plebs intensifies]

But I don't want a 300ms ping.

You filthy casual. You're not playing 4D chess unless your mind moves one second in the future and you can still kill Everything in front(U+200B was here) of you. Become the FPS playing god-killer you're meant to be, laddie. Git gud son.

AmazonBasics keyboard and mouse, $14
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Wired-Keyboard-Mouse-Bundle/dp/B00B7GV802/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496729607&sr=1-13&keywords=keyboard

Monoprice 8323 headphones, $16
monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323

Anything more expensive is diminishing returns. Anything cheaper is complete dogshit.

You obviously don't know jack shit about tactile feedback, soundstage, frequency response, or hell, jack shit about anything. I think you're just about the biggest retard I've seen today tbh

and I think you dont know what "diminishing returns" means
of course a ferrari is better than a mustang.
a $20000 mustang can do ~140mph
a $500000 ferrari can do ~190mph
those are called "air numbers" so if you waste your time "debunking" it, thats on you

let me do the math for you, because you seem a little slow

Your typical $200 Sennheisers cost ~12x the monoprice ones I listed.
They do not sound 12x better. Maybe twice as good, being generous.

And do they last as long?

I'm an audiofag so I use budget sennheisers on a soundblaster i'd get something less jewish but the soundblaster was free.
My mouse is just an intellimouse from a long long time ago.
Keyboard is an IBM model M.
I'd get new peripherals but nobody made a good game controller this decade, new keyboards aren't necessarily better and my model M is in perfect condition and all mouses are redditshit that require bloated drivers and don't perform much better than an intellimouse.

By the way anons, do not ever plug a mouse into a ps/2 port. The interface with mouses and keyboards is different and you won't get the interrupt-based input with a mouse whereas you do with a keyboard. Plug your mouse into the USB port and overclock the USB port.

I know I sound like a shill here, so I'll preface this with the disclaimer I work in an electronics store so I get to take this shit home to try (and get knowledge to tell customers about), and get a staff discount on top of sales. I got my Corsair wireless Voids for about less than half the usual price our shop sells them for due to a sale and staff discount on the sale price. I sure as fuck don't think it's worth paying full price for gaming stuff I'm about to talk about, and I flat out tell people the "Bucket, Gaming Bucket, Razer Gaming Bucket" joke when I'm talking about the products instore. That aside:

Nice but has massively clacky mechanical keys. Has a USB and mic/headphone pass-through too, so you can plug stuff into the keyboard. The V2 that's out also gets a gelpad that attaches magnetically so it's easy to put on/off. I didn't like this because muscle memory makes me push keys half down, which is where the blackwidow registers them (and all razer keyboards in general iirc). Upshot is you don't have to push down as far to register a stroke so you can type very lightly with it. The RGB one is twice the price just for RGB however, and while the effects are nice (you can layer, do ripple effects, all sort of shit) you're a fucking mug for paying that.

The one I have now. Only USB passthrough but I find it's more comfy for typing. The function keys for controlling media player are in a less convenient place (F9-12) instead of razer's F5-F8 but I like typing with it. Keys are raised so it's easier to clean too imo. Sells for about 150 in my shop, thanks to sales and staff got it for under 100.

Astro A40s: The audio quality is as good as any other 50mm driver headset. Stupidly comfy but stupidly expensive, it's selling point is it works with pretty much every fucking device under the sun so you pay about 200 for 1 headset instead of 50 for 5; it's got optical, 3.5mm even fucking firewire I think. Very comfy, but the boom mic attaches via a 3.5 and it kept falling down because it's held up via friction. If you're just looking for pc? Skip.

My headset. Can go wireless, comfy enough and the surround sound emulation (like with the astro) is bad enough I can tell it's emulation, good enough I don't give a shit. Good mic, battery lasts about 4-5 hours, recharges off micro usb. Registers the headset as being active when you plug in the dongle, so you can have the headset charging off the pc without the machine trying to use them. The wired version apparently has a dodgy mic, going off some customer feedback (returns) and some online reviews I've checked. Again, I got these for about 50 when they retail for 100. As an aside, I've noticed with all the gaming headsets we sell, the audio quality is all the same, you're usually paying for the surround sound emulation. I'm not sure if a standard audio headset can do the emulation; some headsets have a 3.5mm that plugs into a usb adapter (read: soundcard) so I suspect they might be able to?

I have fucking big hands, and this is one of the bigger mice on the market. Good shape, nice and comfy, thumb buttons are in a good spot for me and the rubber strips along the side go quite far, so you're more likely to find them with your fingers no matter how you hold them.

My deathadder fell apart after 5 or 6 years abuse so I thought I'd try this. It's essentially the same as the deathadder, though the two thumb-buttons are higher up and you can't rock your thumb on them like I could with the deathadder. It's heavier (good for me) and the thumbgrip can be swapped out-held in via magnets. I'm enjoying it though I wish the rubber on the right side was longer-my little finger has trouble resting on it reliably.

Too small for my hands but comfy enough, adjustable weights and a shitload of buttons. If you can fit it's shape I'd suggest you try this one.

Yeah return on audio equipment isn't a straight line but there's definitely a significant return. The question is where your personal $/perf point is, and the nice thing about good $200 headphones is that they last fucking forever.

Get a dictionary and look up the words "diminishing" and "return"

Bought it 6 years ago for $120. I don't use that fugly wrist rest
Same as the keyboard. Have it for 6 years now. Had to return it right before the warranty went off due to a defect mousewheel
Had the razer mousepad for $10 bucks before until the corners loosend up. The taito has a sawn border so that wont happen again.
Great headset in my opinion. Got it for $15 and still have one extra in case it breaks.
Also pretty good microphone for that cheap piece.
I'm unable to wear headsets that weight too much. I would get another but this one is pretty lightweight.

So how much goy am i?

what is the price/perf ratio for all this?

Holy mother of insulation I thought it was a snake

what year are you living in?
you think those mice are still good?
sure there's a lot of trash out there, but the world has moved on

i'd rather have an intellimouse 2.0 than my zowie, but because they're out of production the prices are way too high

Intellimouses are entering the same place muscle cars and 80s wheeled tin cans are. That one corner of heaven that all products that are better than anything that came out many years after them go to.

Anybody can recommend some good speakers? I heard SWAN was good especially the T200C. I like headphones but not for listening to loud music.

Getting good audio hardware is probably the most important thing to me regarding peripherals, I can get used to shitty keyboards but not headphones that hurt on the ears with their positioning, have shitty cords or just straight up bad speakers and assorted fuckery as well as onboard sound that leaked background noise that induces headaches over an extended period of time.
It's obvious but don't buy any of the gaymen headsets with their 5.1 memes.

Bullshit, I've been using it for around five hours a day for the past few years and it's the most comfortable mouse I ever used.

I have one and it's easily the best mouse I've ever owned, but I have little manlet hands. It's heavy as fuck, the cord is long as fuck and it's got a couple of well-placed extra buttons

/thread
Can't use a computer without one, they're too fucking comfy to not use.

Pain can and will happen from trackballs. Like he said, not having adequate space to rest your forearm on can cause it. I've had it happened to me a long long time ago, but I've clearly remedied it. All that needs to be done is to position it to where you forearm rests, and isn't dangling off the desk like a conventional mouse.

Get a spoon and eat a "log" out of my "ass".

If you wanna be a real cheapskate, order them from AliExpress like I did.

Got a really great mechanical keyboard with black switches for only 34 dollars which arrived in 5 days after ordering straight to my doorstep with free delivery. Comes with a ton of different color backlight settings, and can of course turn them off.

You can also order a bunch of 4 - 6 dollar mice and use the one that suits you best.

You are doing trackballs wrong.

Was in exact same situation as you. Headphones ded on one side and mouse wasn't up for proper FPS action. Some user in previous thread recommended this: amzn.eu/2EumEby So far its been perfect and doesn't freeze up like my old one during fast swipes. However I had to start a fucking prime free trial just to have the damn privledge of buying it at its sale price. Amazon has really gotten shitty with the prime baiting.

I'm still too poor to justify a new pair of headphones, though. Considering the ones I have now (amzn.eu/cj9OcRa) were already good &expensive + I can still get audio in both sides if I set the band just right. I wish I knew how to fix them.

If your budget is not super tight, a good mechanical keyboard for $80 or so is totally worth every damn cent. It lets you type more comfortably, lasts forever, and will not fuck up your wrists.

How does the Marble feel? I've been using a Trackman Vista for over twenty years now, and am on my second one currently. I don't know if you've tried the Vista to compare with the Marble, but regardless how does the Marble feel?

buy intellimouse
newer =/= better

still

Figure this is as good a place to ask as any, does anyone know of a decent mechanical keyboard in a key layout to pic related?

I have some not so cheap headphones, a PS4 controller, and that's it for "accessories" solely dedicated to gaming (and music I guess)
More than that I don't think is worth it

Got myself a Steel Series Rival 100.
Love the little thing, and it didn't cost me much. About 40$ for an accurate mouse.

Headphones are for fags. Get a real sound system, and a desk mic of decent quality what can filter out sound played through the speakers.

That keyboard is cancer and you should feel bad.

wrist rest is a meme, because lmao you put your wrists up retard.

The layout is comfy as fuck man.

If you're a homosexual, maybe. In the mean time, I'll stick to a perfectly fine tried-and-true standard layout.

You must have tiny faggot hands. I bet you like DS controllers too.

Fuck you, faggot, my hands are perfectly fine.

What the fuck is wrong with your hand proportions? They're so wide and short

I was wrong, you're not a faggot you're a little bitch with little bitch hands.

Might be the angle I took the photo at.

That bottle cap makes it look like you scaled the picture vertically. I fixed it.

No mice manufacturers have a higher RMA rate than Razer and Steelseries.

If you buy a mouse from either brand you are a literal retard

PS/2 is interrupt-driven, has lower latency and cpu/memory usage than USB, has better KRO and a ps/2 interface is cheaper than a USB one.
USB is very good, but not for keyboards.

Also to note, some retarded ricers stick their mouses on ps/2 ports. That's retarded because the mouse part of ps/2 is NOT interrupt-driven, runs at either 80hz or 100hz by default whereas on linux USB runs at 100hz default and on windows 125hz default and supports only up to 200hz refresh rate, while on linux you can configure the usb driver to run at up to 1000hz and on windows you can download and install hacked usb drivers that can do up to 8khz (but good luck running 8khz on 99% of mouses, you might be able to do 2khz).
Anyway, for best possible mouse input stick it in a USB 3.0 port and try hacked drivers between 1khz and 8khz and see which is stable, for instance my mouse can't do 4khz (sits at 3.5khz instead with huge variance), is barely stable at 2khz and works perfectly at 1khz.

Here I corrected the perspective

He's just fat

Th-thanks user

Feels comfy, almost never had wrist pain since I started using it (this used to be an issue for me). But there's a little weird quirk: it only has the buttons 1, 2, 4, and 5 – but no button 3 (the middle button / wheel click in normal mice). This may be a problem with certain games with limited customization options.

Someone's been hitting those healing crystals a little too hard recently, huh?

My god, neck yourself yourself you fucking mongoloid. Nobody cares about how big your fat fucking hands are.

Super poorfag here

Logitech G100s
$10-$25
It's a solid mouse loved by the zipperheads in Starcraft tournaments.

Sony MDR-ZX100
$20
Sound good. I don't need studio quality for my basic sound setup

Since I'm not going to be singing or recording videos I have one that clips onto your headphones or shirt. In a pinch can probably put together a nigger rigged mic stand
$8 Amazon Christmas sale

I use an old IBM mechanical one I found at Goodwill for $1. It works pretty good but it's loud as fuck.

I've been looking for the source of what he is reading for over 3 years someone please help me

I seriously hope you didn't plug your headphones into the front.

I don't think he's reading anything m8

why?

Basically the speaker input on the front panel is always just a cord connected to the soundcard that runs from the soundcard to the front panel.
That means it runs through all of the worst interference present on a computer while being horribly grounded and exposed.
Now that you know the difference you should try plugging your headphones in the front and the rear and you'll notice the better audio quality from the back.

I didn't know that. Thanks user

A converter is in the post, I hope it works.

user, thats gay

with MDR-V6 literally music industry standard headphones for 20+ years for under 100 bucks
if you want to buy headphones get these

Alright if you wanted to trigger me you fucking did it now take the headphoens off there.

you know i put it there just to take the shot right?

Get stuff from the 90's. Especially headphones. They work a fuckton better.

I operate on a different level

I can do it in one hertz, faggot.

which one did you get?

What's wrong with the low end Sennheisers? I got a pair for 30 bucks and they seem pretty good for that price, but then again I don't have audio autism

They don't look very comfy.

Not everyone has retardedly fat hands like you do.

Sorry user, I wasn't being clear. The converter is custom made by a guy named Soarer, he offers a money back guarantee so everything is riding on the keyboard itself.
Since my original post, I did some digging and found a label on the keyboard's matching monitor, turns out it was owned by my town during the early 90s, cool stuff.

thought it would be, soarer does converters for a ton of different IBM keyboards

4u

I posted these a while back in the headphone thread
I haven't tested their mic quality as I find no use of it in daily life but these are the best 20$ headphones I've ever bought with pretty good sound quality. My only problem with these is that they are uncomfortable.

are they supposed to look like autobots?

Is there a clip-on mic available anywhere that is similar to your typical gaymen headset microphone in shape? IE wraps to near your mouth? I use the Zalman clip one right now but it's a pain in the ass.

Those look like a decent enough set of headphones for the money, but good god I don't think you could have recommended a shitter M/KB setup. I've all but tripped over better peripherals at practically any thrift store I've ever set foot in, Jesus Christ. You don't have to be getting Jewed by Razer to realize there's a difference between a decent peripheral that's good for heavy use on a gaming/workstation PC, and some hunk of shit you throw at meemaw and peepaw so they can type in Facebook.com on their fucking Pentium 4 they've had for almost 20 years.

what is the good big guy hands mouse. i want at least thumb buttons RGB and other gaymer shit is fine too

Can someone recommend a mouse similar this one? The wheel grip is loose, the mouse glitches at times, and the pads on the bottom came off. I can't find the exact specs of it. It's an optical travel mouse that feels like a laser with 800 dpi and a high polling rate. The light weight and size worked well for fingertip grip.

Zowie EC1 Evo

Add another $20-$30 for pads that won't disintegrate after 6 months. No one ever mentions that part. Also, the internal wire broke on my V6 so once again I have no working right headphone. I'm going to have to solder a new wire. Again.

New Intellimouse scroll wheel is garbage. Is keeps scrolling after you stop, or sometimes just scrolls a bit on its own, which means switching weapons randomly. Get something else.

Fucking this
I got myself the CX 180 earphones for 5 dollarydoos in a sale and they're so fucking awesome that they gave me tinnitus

Is the chinkpad the only laptop with an acceptable keyboard?

Compaq notebooks generally had good keyboards but HP bought compaq and the dream is ogre.

For anyone looking at the 7506, I'd suggest looking at the Senal SMH-1000.

They're 7506 clones with a detachable cable for about $20 cheaper. Stock pads are the same crappy material as Sony's. They come with a coiled 3m cable, and a straight 1m cable. The sound is very similar, but with slightly softer mids. Build quality is top notch. I stream local FGC stuff, and I use these as my monitor phones. They've been kicking around in my car/backpack for 2 years with no issues.

until recently yes, now no laptops have good keyboards

Why is everything turning to shit? I just want good games, music, TV shows, movies, keyboards, porn, web browsers, mouses, jobs, public trackers, private trackers, cars, countries and women.
Is it so much to ask?

Oh yeah I also forgot consoles.
When's a good console coming out again? I already waited 15~ years.

Never.

some gaming laptops have a built in mechanical keyboard except it's expensive and heavy

Those Monoprice 8323 Headphones are quite good (detachable cable is a God-tier feature) but you have to add velour pads and a headband cushion into account if you don't want your head or ears to hurt after an hour using them, and they bump the price some 20-25 dollars.

t. a monoprice 8323 user since 2014, these things are durable as fuck

Detachable cable introduces another way for noise to get in and it's only good if you somehow rip off the cable of every headphones you ever had

Didn't know about that. Its a shame since all my head/earphones have died because of cable malfunctions, and I'm clumsy as fuck with a soldering iron.

So they're great for me.