Battlestation Thread: Nothing Special Edition

Got the desk for $20 at a thrift store. I like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S40344398
simplifiedbuilding.com/projects/10-diy-standing-desks-built-with-pipe-and-kee-klamp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You lucky motherfucker, thats a really nice desk.
What manga are you reading?

Hokuto No Ken. I'm at ch.57 right now. Toki is a really cool guy.

That's a really nice desk for $20. This is my current setup at the moment that I'm trying to keep somewhat clean.

Yeah it's not clean, nor is it organized.

What do you guys recommend doing for a 10x10 room? I need to fit in a bed, a desk, bookshelves for all my shit and a TV (40 inch HDTV, want to get a 9-15 inch crt down the line too).

NWSE? Important unless you wanna black out your windows.

Sometimes the best stations are those where you don't need to do anything at all.

Wheres your computer you fuckimg beta?

My room is a 7x11 and I already have all of that. Can you seriously not decide how to place furniture in your room?

Fuck dude I dont know, Im not good with navigation. I THINK the widow near the cloest is NW.

That's exactly the setup it is how it is now but I was hoping for advice to make better use of the space.

My advice would be to take the walls down so you would have more space.

If there is sufficient room between the bed and the desk area in my layout it might hold some advantages over your current layout according to Specifically better use of outlets and having your bed close to your displays it you want to lie down. Layout of outlets in this room sucks though. I would want my bed snug in the top right but that covers a third of your outlets.

i have a setup similar to this (but with a tv+htpc in one corner) and the bed position never seems right. i need some sort of pillow chair i can plop on my bed to make watching shows more comfy

How much was the monitor? I found this one for $20 at goodwill.

just cut a hole in the wall and fish some new wire.
i lived with 2 outlets for so long and was amazed how easy it was to do the wire running myself.
it might depend on if your landlord will let you do it i suppose.

The monitor I got from my cousin for free, and the TV I bought for $200 about five years ago I believe.

I'd put the bed the other end since there's a bathroom opposite to the door..

WHERE IS THE DESK?
WHERE IS THE GAMES?

pick one

God damn the outlets are fucking killing me. Thanks for the suggestions though. I could try moving my bed to the opposite side of the room. But there's some weak/loose floorboards over there so I'm a bit cautious to put any weight in that area.

My landlord is a nice guy but he doesn't like me fucking with shit. Plus I never tried anything like that before.

i'd recommend looking into it, just in general if not for yourself.
i was forced to run wire for my office network (with help) and the same principles applied to home wiring, i went 3 floors with some string and a stick.

I barely have a headquarters, let alone a battlestation.

Replace your drywall, holy shit.

Ever heard of cleaning and organizing?

Lol that costs money.

Why? I'm just going to misplace everything.

Fuck you I was about to go to sleep

Which one did you like better? The one where the son brain washes the mom, or the one where the mom brain washes the son?

the magnets in the speakers will fuck up that CRT screen

You have no idea what you're even talking about.

where's the GameCube?

Probably the mom brainwashing, I don't think Takatsu makes great femdom, his maledom and vanilla is top tier though

big speakers next to a CRT will fuck it up requiring degaussing

When you turn on a TV and it does that momentary flash before actually displaying a picture, it is doing a minor degaussing, but even moderately strong speakers next to it will fuck it up

Do you have depression, by any chance?

You do know that reverse image searching busts you in an instant, right?
Still
My fucking sides

I like to keep things minimalistic, also, I need a PC.

I am

My heart sank when I saw that. I don't know why. It's just poverty has always depressed me I assume.

In the next room with the PS2

Bipolar depression with slight agoraphobia

You guys are lucky, today I emptied the piss jugs and threw all but one out.

Jesus Christ. YOUR place triggered mine, fuck. It's so third world and it feel like it'll get blasted into pieces any time now. Argh.

Also rest of my room.

What's wrong with it?

It's comfy.

I go to the bathroom to shit, I still have that dignity.

I shit my pants twice this week because of the IBS

My mother argues with me when I want to do something to the house because she wants it gone, so I just stay up here and let it fall apart.

It's only 92 Fahrenheit up here right now.

ONLY? Christ man. It's 88 here and I live in a DESERT.

Where the fuck do these "people" come from. This is disgusting.

It's 79 outside but the heat gets trapped up here. It's reading 87 right now.

You can come sleep over if you'd like.

At least it's not as bad as my brothers house.

Those trips, but I am good. You look insane.

Like a scene out of a horror movie.

I know.

TITS OR GTFO

warosu.org/g/thread/S40344398

Finally an excuse to post this!

What's in all of those thumbnails?

Well you got half tits.

Acceptance is the first step.

Came to terms with it a long time ago

had full tits for a moment but post deleted

Reposting from the last thread.

fake

Nice gym you got there. Are you the boss of it?

Then fucking do something about it, stop being a waste of space.

No shit.

No really? What gave it away? Both files coming from fucking Holla Forums? Of course it's fake.

Be glad they're only thumbnails.

I'll show you who's the boss of this gym.

Aw dude, nice. I like this minimalistic setup

You probably get a lot of echoing in that room. Ever thought about putting up some sound board or cloth?

you moron

I use headphones and I don't have a mic.

That thread was super comfy. My repost.

BORING

Nice

C'mon, son.

It's comfy enough, for a persona autist like me

Nice gun.

It's a wonder how you haven't killed yourself yet.

He already has the means to blow his brains out.

I struggle with it every day

It's alright, bro. I creep on dumb Instagram sluts too, nothing to be ashamed of.

out of date picture, currently not including mt. beercan on my desk, but i also found my oldest recorded battlestion picture so i thought it would be fun to include it this thread

old picture but i always appreciate it for the wood panel walls, its what i'd do if i built my own place

although small it is very clean and neat and gives off an aura of coziness, also that you might still with your folks but thats okay it happens

looks like the backroom of a workplace its so sterile

don't use your shotgun as an evoker

Man that setup is straight fucking 2006.

nice trips. it probably was around 06 too and i musta been 15-16 at the time

nice dubs. And yeah those were good times eh.

That doesn't look anything like the reddit whore you posted retard.

Nigger get your eyes checked.

Not the same piercing, bigger areolas, completely different body (sarah is a fucking rectangle you blind retard). You literally think two completely different whores at the same because they both have black hair. If it was sarah you would be able to show the same pics from her subreddit or instagram.

At least it's comfy.

Newfag summer plz go

Whats with this fucking shirt on the tv?

You want this just as much as I do
Its time, do it pussy, we're the only animal to have self awareness to go against what every cell in your body tells you to do.
FUCKING DO IT

That game is THE SHIT

The only newfag here is you, for being b8'd so easily.

kys

Nothing to bully me about? Really?

6/10 looks comfy

I mean the furniture is old, but that's not even a problem unless you're trying to impress someone.

Why the steam controller?

I'll bully you, if you want.

It's quite easily a 2/10.

Have some old pics I guess.

LONDON
You safe over there brother?

I'm okay user, I'm not from that degenerate shithole.
Manchester attacks were pretty fucking close though

ps4 ( i had to put it on top of the stand because of over heating issues)
pstv
ps4 300 gb hd
360 usb hd
wii u 120 gb usb drive
60" Panasonic plasma tv

pc:
6700k cpu
asus Strix gtx 1080 gpu
16 gb ddr 4 ram
acer XB241H 144 hertz gsync monitor

thrustmaster t150 racing wheel
G29 Racing Steering Wheel Stand

Good to hear.
Country Strong.

(one off)
Right in the childhood there.
it'll be okay

Just moved in life, right here.

How do you live with one PC screen?

test
don't mind me

I only game on that pc, i have laptops/ipads for work. i don't see the need for more than one screen when gaming

also my tv is monitor 2 to my pc

It's comfy, especially with the couch being right there.

>pc parts nailed to a corkboard
Why? I just keep them on the floor and I keep the carpet clean all the time :^)

Decoration. I call it the Wall of Dead Tech.

it's nice but it's too small. gotta keep the arm on the desk or ur wrists suffer. here's my old table, it was too small, i can feel the difference now.

You're half right. Actually I just moved out of my folks place. I actually moved 300 miles away and am living with my distant cousin and paying her rent. I wouldn't have had a problem living with my folks if They weren't a bunch of drugs addicts and such and there where actually jobs available where I lived.

repostan from the last thread with my shitty neet basement

I'm the cleanest, most organized person in history. Why the fuck doesn't it tell me to do captcha before it tries posting?

like so, 10x10 is big

this looks both comfy and uncomfy at the same time

Clean your shit, god damn.

Repostin from last thread as well

What's going on?

What's your cat's specs?

Hes a maine coon, hes only 7 months old so hes gonna get pretty big

Also reposting from last thread; it's about as basic as one can get, but I'm quite happy with it.

You could use a little work with your cable management and put the PS4 under the hutch. Just use a sleeve or some staples on the back of the desk to keep the cables out of sight. Personally I would try to get a more comfortable chair, but if you're comfortable with it then it's fine.
One of the biggest gripes I would have with your battle station is that you didn't build your PC yourself.

I never liked having a hang-over desk. Feels constricting.

I reorganized a bit more, still a mess in here..

If you want shelves, you can put them there yourself, but if they're built-in you might not be able to fit larger screens under them.

Yeah, I could have put the keyboard in its proper place but I like having it up more. Thanks for the tips on cable maintenance, the one that bothers me the most is the USB cord for the PS4 controller. And yeah, I could put the PS4 beneath, but I dunno. I might be more inclined to put the PC on the floor and move the PS4 over to its spot in the picture.

But now I have a place for everything. Before some things would just be on the floor.

Eh, just a matter of personal taste. I just like having as much desk space and headroom as possible. I acknowledge that I lack storage.

holy shit kys

I forgot to respond to this, but I'm absolutely terrified to tinker with PCs. I'm always afraid I'm going to damage something whenever I crack open a case. That's why I ended up with some pre-built alien artifact looking bastard.

But where's your battlestation?

eyyyy, you sorted your stuff all nice and neat-like

Battle Station is a fucking mess, heres from a couple nights ago

You're gonna be that one guy who actually dies from screen radiation poisoning, mang.

snagged a new shelf thanks to a thrift store, man does it look so much better

lcds are harmless, and crts are weaker than bananas.

i5-4670K
Asus - GTX 770

I'm planning to upgrade to a gtx 1070 and 2k monitor

lol get a crt

NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT

>I need a new keyboard, I know I can only press 4 keys at once
>I can do activities in other rooms I don't have friends anyways

It's a solid 2/10 at least.

To be fair, it's not a desk. It's a fucking dining room table.

I do love the sound they make when you turn them on. would be fun to get one and just play roller coaster tycoon on it like old times

the monitor i have now was a display model at a frys electronic store. lately it will randomly turn off and flicker with red lines going up the screen… also, my ssd has taken a beating and is approaching five years old

a-at least it's a comfy mess

Don't worry Famalamborghini. I gotchu.

You can always clean it up, it'll take a while and you might end up just blitzing your whole room as well, but you can do it.

Do it, pussy.

my monitor starts up like my steel battalion controller

one day that's going to explode and blind you

it will outlast me because I take care of my shit unlike you

Letting the weak breed.

What is that console for? Changing channels/frequencies?

extremely fine adjustments, it's a professional monitor used in film studios that allows adjustment to every part of the picture to a tenth of a percent. isolating colors, probing, adjusting hue, chroma, contrast and brightness, changing color temperature, etc.

do you edit film?

may god have mercy on babby's soul and do a mercy killing

no, he plays

no, I just like crt monitors and Ikegami made sets that were competing with Sony's premium $40,000 monitors at the time. It's essentially the ultimate display technology of its type (shadowmask) and allows for theoretical resolutions (in analog) 8x beyond 4k.

While I don't have any pictures, I wanna ask you guys questions regarding organizing your games.

up to the 6th gen tbh but I could play current gen stuff if I really wanted to on it

Cats are inherently women's pet. Plus you have the same glasses as Eliott.

Oh my fucking god what is wrong with you Bacon Bro. That is fucking DISGUSTING.

>Holla Forums
epic

Eat in the dark.

this poorfag is jealous

in a folder called handheld games, why would you not emulate all GB games ?

pic related

also pic related there is on order to this madness

Basically.

where the fuck did you get a space nazi flag?

Comfy

Hes right though, you're a fag

still a lot better than being poor

Fucking what?

And a fag.

Casuls.

Christ, that's a huge desk

4U

needs a real monitor and not so much fucking food on it

my bullshit. It's in the game room because i have the space for VR in there.
Thanks for the free shit ex roommate

im white. the room is huge, theres a whole nother room behind me with no walls, so venting smoke isnt really a factor. [also i dust it once a week]

Wigger
Then why do you have it sitting at your desk ready for immediate access? If you did it once a week you wouldn't have it in front of you all all the time and would put it away in a cabinet or shelf.

i said i dust once a week.
I'm not gonna get up every 2 hours to smoke for 30 seconds, it's easier to keep it there. Also I do put it away in a cabinet.

pic related

I don't believe that you put shit away. Clean your shit you fucking pig.

This is some advanced faggotry.

i live in a rented house, those candle things dont actually belong to me. That would be my landlords "candle business"
Well, cleaning day is TODAY, but i havent gotten to it yet.

i dont feel provoked.

Gaming in the thrid world would suck so hard, depending on how expensive power is.

I'm so jealous of those CRTs

I wish i had that much space

not but I have a Sony PVM coming from IHeart Radio. I would consider talking to them as they have aquired large amounts of old broadcasting technology during thier buyouts. A buddy of mine has been spending the past year throwing away and smashing hundreds of sony BVM and PVM CRT's. Luckily he saved me a PVM.

Also, i got lucky, the landlord uses the second floor entireley as rental space so it's mine to use. The pool table is nice.

shit fam, I have two bvm's myself (d14h5us) I've been wanting to get a d20e or a pvm 20l5. I figure it would just go nicely with my htm2050ra1.

pro monitors are the ultimate crts

(checked)
I'm trying to convince my friend to hoard this shit. It's easy money.

rate me

Disgusting.

kinda, but it does take up a lot of space. my 20" one is 95lb too, they're built like fucking tanks. a consumer 20" would be like 35 pounds or so for comparison.

He really should hold on to them though. Prices are going crazy right now, and in 5, 10 years when they're even less common and even more people know about them, they will be getting very high prices. For example my BVMs I got for like $100 or so, but the same model I've been seeing for $400 and it hasn't even been a year since I got them.

why do people choose to put their PC anywhere near bumping or kicking distance?

I'm aware of the logistics of storage. And yes, that's basically what I'm hoping to do.

Everyone I know is bothered by it too. I don't get it.

There's more room than it looks.

As someone who works with a numpad for my job, it's an essential tool on a keyboard. Also you are just giving up macro slots.

JUST

Nice keyboard. Looks a bit cramped but probably no-worse than mine.

late run ikegami are amazing

What do you expect from niggers who smoke weed? Their drug makes them too fucking lazy to do anything proper so they settle with acceptable (to them) then say bullshit about what they accomplish.

them afterglows are 30 bucks and last forever why wouldnt i buy one.

has been proven to make you dumber too.

Goddammit.

Not quite true long-term. While under the influence and days after, sure, with regular use it takes weeks for it to stop making you dumber. One thinks he's a genius during that time too, which makes observers doubly annoyed. The nigger gets pissy when he's made fun of because of it. Doesn't make one dumber permanently though. I was a stoner for years and after weeks of being clean I got mental faculties came back to what it was before DUDE WEED LMAO. Been years since I smoked and I don't regret becoming clean. Stoners and stoner culture fucking annoy me to no end now that I've grown out of it.

this has been really nice to listen to, thank you for sharing your story, it's hopeful too.

While weed culture is annoying, it does make for a great medicine. My best friend would often have seizures, and once he started consuming weed he stopped having seizures as often as what he used too.

Don't get me wrong, it was the best thing I ever took to help me with chronic back pain due to scoliosis. Also would work wonders with broken bones.Still does turn someone into a dumber, lazier version of himself though. Now I just endure pain and work out through it, using booze to help me sleep during the worse nights.

my battlestation is okay more or less but I need a new mousepad. Would anyone know of an affordable 3d anime girl mousepad retailer? The current wrist support for my current one is completely depressed.

Thank you for namedropping. This kept me up for about another 30 minutes also.

I like it. Simple, clean, and with lotion handy for masturbating.

Motherfuckin Jungle beat is a badass game with the bongo controllers. I really should play it again. Comfy as fuck set up user, reminds me of a buddy's set up when I was a kid. He only had a 14" crt in there, and a shitty one at that, but we took turns playing the shit out of Super Mario Sunshine on it, for a time…

My room is a complete fucking mess, and it's tiny, so there's really no place to stand back and take a photo of it, but it's very space efficient. I'll butcher it with an oekaki.

guess the guy with all the dildos stopped posting here

;_;7

Good, there are enough faggots and furries here as is. Makes me wish we could execute people by popular demand OTI.

Get the 99 cent custom mousepad. I got it a year or two ago and its still pretty clean and solid with heavy use. You get it off some shithole called artscow I think. Heres an imgur guide on how to do it. imgur com/gallery/3Gyk9

But I want tits on it

if it wasn't for the power tools ryobi sucks i woulda ssumed this was a girls desk

posting because youre a faggot

cant i lurk in peace god damnit

user! this place didn't feel like the right kind of fucked up without you.

If you never show up, people worry about you. We want to make sure anons are alive and are doing well. We don't want to have people never show, and worry that they might have past away.

Google oppai mousepad and be prepared to pay like $200 for one with a decent character because most of them are limited run collectibles

If you're gonna watch Cytube, I recommend v4c. It's both fun and comfy, and you can add any videos you want. The mods are a bit derpy, though.

Can't you just get a custom one and put the design of the limit edition one on there?

Other side + reflection

Only used it for Mechwarrior, but still fucking awesome childhood

Good taste

Not a crib. Stairs are in the middle of the room because the house was built in 1920. The room is filled with stuff because my family hoards.

What do you do for a living?

dusty

nice wallpaper

Participatin'

I would call it trash, but then I realized you have a dog. Show us your dog user.

No can do. I have a very recognizable dog. Not another in the world like it.

Protip: Buy dogs from craigslist. You'll find cool shit, and you wont have to go to the pretend adoption agency known as shelters.

Looks kinda like this dog.

you might be a cool guy

I've been fiddling around with desk designs in sketch up. I got some advise on this and I'm going to add some draws and an open area on the right for the new tower I'm going to buy. For fun here's what they used to look like. I'll post the new one if I'm still up in the next hour

I see some caterpillar boots under that dresser. You in construction?

Dog's are great. Wish I had the space and time to care one.

dogs are fun. My dog just sleeps on people's beds all the time. He gets really excited whenever you say the word "walk" around him. He's a good dog. But I have no pics of him.

You don't even need to cut any wood.

Just get a nice piece of maple wood or something for the top and then screw pipe into the bottom of it.

simplifiedbuilding.com/projects/10-diy-standing-desks-built-with-pipe-and-kee-klamp

Dogs are easy to take care of if you are lucky enough to be able to be around them constantly for the first year. Once you establish basic obedience and boundaries everything else is cake.

When I was raising my dog I would always throw two tennis balls, so he now feels obligated to get them both and sees it as a fun 15 min challenge. I'm not sure if I fucked up or did something cool.

Holy shit, I completely forgot I have a sidewinder in my desk cabinet. Brb DLing Il-2 Sturmovik..

that's a great design for a desk, but you know what it needs? leave like six to nine inches of wood all the way around the perimeter and cut a rectangle out of the surface, put a flange in there to hold it up and put half-inch smoked glass up ins

Aw come on where's the fun in that. I've got access to the tools needed and I work in a big box hardware store with a solid lumber section. I want to reward myself by making something nice.

I was thinking about using maple plywood for the top panel but it doesn't stain well and I have to be careful I don't go through the vanier when sanding. If I stuck with boards then I could use a jointer, a table saw, clamps, a sanding block and a drill to put everything in a weekend.
Oh, and a router for the edge profile.

It might look good if it was for a coffee tableI have a big living room so it might work if I resize it to match the length of the couch. This desk is going in my room away from prying eyes and I don't want a glass center because I have my 2 year old nephew walking around and the last thing I need is him doing something stupid like breaking the glass by hitting it something hard from underneath or standing and jumping on the desk.

I forgot about the glue, biscuits, biscuit joiner, draw railings, knobs and wood screws. I should sleep I had a long day.

We are truly made to suffer.

Ha…haha…hahahahaha…yea he was a really cool guy.

welp, late to the thread but have to ask, do you have a exclusive tablet for browsing nipponese porn at all times?

man, da fuck is up with that grub?
also, human rations when?

Actually I use it mainly for reading manga, books, and pretty much anything that's better to read in a vertical orientation.

properly sauce that shit you mf!

but why do you need it side by side on your PC?
and btw. whats good all purpose connect with android stuff? for loonix kdeconnect work wonderfully, but I've yet to find something for windows

It's actually a windows tablet. I use Synergy so I don't have to use a kvm. When I go somewhere I take it with me so I can have something to read.

I know this isn't the right thread but could anyone recommend me a chair ? I am currently with a white plastic chair and it's starting to become unconformable

so might as well share my station here, I'd prefer a wider table with keyboard on mouse on top,
but this setup has worked pretty well on this limited space

Let the hipster ruin his screen, cunt.

such is life in the barracks

Just go to some thrift stores and sit in some chairs. Take whichever one you fancy. Not everybody is going to find the same thing comfortable, as not everybody's body is the same.

Every person who's asked me where I got it I told them I took this picture and had poster brains turn it into a poster.

Wait a minute, I recognize that barracks room layout.

Ft. Lewis?

That's really bad for your neck don't do that.
Also consoles are ghey

meh

I did it, I finally found a way to get it all to work with the right amount of leg room, height, drawer space and symmetry. Now I just need to get my check, buy the materials and do some final measurements before I start cutting plywood and joining boards together.

How were you planning on attaching the desk surface to the draws and what materials are you planning to use? Plywood isnt great as a desk surface.

Your custom desk looks like my custom desk except it's not curved.

glue

I'm going to screw through the top from the inside of the cabinet to the underside of the desk with a 1" wood screw.

I thought about walnut, red oak, mahogany but since this is a weekend project on a budget I'm just going for 2x8" Douglas Fir boards. Joint then, plane them and square them to 3/4 x 6" boards and glue and clamp them together. I'll sand and stain them a dark color and put a few coats of polyurethane.
I might not use plywood for the cabinets If we get some shit ones off the trucks. If worse comes to worse then I'll buy some 1x8 to the length I need wait till next weekend to glue and screw them together. Good thing drawer rails are cheap.
It's not, unless you get the more expensive with a maple vainer that's already sanded or you go with one that 1/2 or 3/4 thick. Those don't warp or bend too bad like the others do.
I got to go to work in a couple of hours

hosting a gay porn site ?

Nah, I'm hosting trap porn.

Pretty fucking messy

Classy.

But why? Why would anybody need drawers on a desk anymore? Do you have paper files or something?

I spit into tissues a lot so I put them there

I'm sure you do.

Yeah, spit.

:^)

Never understood why people use socks. Is it a cut thing or what?

to put things in

How many things do you even have?

Cables, so many cables.

batteries
peelz
pens pencils
xbox control
scissors
toolkit for pc stuff
random junk i cba to sort right now to its proper place

why would you not want drawers?

it can have things put into the drawers, without actualkly taking up more space in your room, unless you only want a square desk that isnt very wide, and then you get a wider one to put drawers under, then thats taking up more space

but if your desk is wide enough to have drawers, but doesnt have any, then its kind of wasted space

r8

Your chair looks super uncomfy.

Yeah nah

i like it

its just water for the brushes and the vodka its filled with water

If one day there's an earthquake, the rescue services won't find me under my mountain of bullshit

A true classic.

Nice gasmasks and xenomorph queen

I don't even like videogames.

Love you

Just clean your room and post it you stupid cunt.

It's so you don't have to wipe the jizz off yourself.

I made a few small upgrades, such as a keyboard and mouse drawer and a footrest.

Didn't realize Bad Dragon made an artillery series.

I was about to say, is that a fucking mortar in that room, what the fuck

datamine thread
don't post pics of your house on the internet so shills can rob you later for valuable computer parts.

nice dildo on the tv

Worried that someone is going to steal your dragon dildo collection? Ever thought that I made this thread to make fun of messy people, rather than to sell their data to the government?

Found the nigger.

This isn't weak though.. it takes strength to manage *cough* all that…

I think pic related is all you really need to know to figure out what up…

I hate it when a tripfag makes a decent post.

Anybody got the original pics?