Best devil may cry is the third one, the one the original creator had nothing to do with

The best one is DmC.

Clever girl.

same thing could be said about F-Zero too.

Nigger the first game also comes pretty close to 3

Honestly when will people learn to stop attributing the sucess of a whole team to a single person.

It's art-fags who thinks games is like movies.

No wonder valve stopped making video games.

DMC thread?

The director is pretty important, though. Just look at NieR and Yoko Taro.

Not really, DMC1 was pretty clearly the starting grounds for a great series but on its own it was clunky. Style gauge had no real relevance to anything, for example, and charged shots consumed Devil Trigger while also being inaccurate and missing. DMC3 gave the system an absolutely spectacular amount of combat depth while still keeping roughly the same control scheme and still identifiably being a DMC game.

Arguably DMC2 added a goodly amount of combat depth to the series as well, it's just that all you had was Rebellion and fifty billion guns and that shit gets tiresome when you've only got the one melee weapon in a series that started off with having choices. Nero got tiresome on that front as well in DMC4, mitigated a bit by the frame-perfect rev-up system he had and the minor moveset variations added by his Devil Trigger.

>charged shots consumed Devil Trigger while also being inaccurate and missing
nigger, what are you on about? I've never had this happen once in like 15 years of playing it

Look for yourself, stand far enough away from an enemy while firing off charged shots and occasionally they'll miss. Only DMC game I'm aware of where charged shots from Ebony & Ivory can just miss.

CUHRAYZEE THREAD

Best MI is 2; you would have a hard time arguing otherwise.
Best DMC is 4 but this is open for debate.

if you put Special Edition at the end of that I'll let it slide
but that doesn't change 1 being the best

Are you guys ready to get crazy again this year?

inb4 switch exclusive

4SE is alright, mainly because of Vergil and his actually being a decent enough middle-ground between his DMC3 incarnation and his DmC incarnation. Lady and Trish I didn't much care for, in all honesty, though Lady was fairly well-executed with the stuff that wasn't playing as Dante locked to Gunslinger.

They dumbed down the Devil Trigger about as much as they improved the style meter, and half of the enemy types in 3 are just plain boring to fight, same goes for a lot of disposable bosses. DMC1 on the other hand has good enemy variety and probably the most consistently good boss roster in the series. 3 may be the best but it stands on the shoulders of giants, dismissing the first game as "clunky" is insulting.

We already got the pachinko

It doesn't even come close to 4 and that game is half finished.

Heh, DMC4 was better.
Just like DMC3. Gameplay is far better, ergo 4 wins.

If I'm not mistaken, 2 also had a different writer and it's generally agreed to have had the best story.

I think we all agree that Kojima is a good ideas guy and director (in the movie sense). He's sort of mediocre at everything else.

dude, if i wanted to be Overpowered in a stealth game i'd play Sly Cooper.
Hope you enjoy putting in the same input over and over

FaggotFist leave and take your goon squad with you.

Dude, rising is the least interesting game of his own genre. Parrying it's fucking broken and makes everything dissatisfying, even at hardest difficulties. i fucking paid 7€ for it and got scammed, fuck you Holla Forums, you were wrong and you are too proud to admit it

I think somebody just needs to git gud.

i can beat the game with my eyes closed. that's what make it shitty, not the opposite

of course not counting the cancerous QTE. those are the mais droplets on the turd

No one praised Monkey Island 3 when it came out: it was stale, deflated and the new style felt off. People used to replay the first 2 games as you would a NES game, restarting and beating it over and over. After Monkey 3, a huge cooling effect slowed down the series.

Guybrush Threepwood used to be a common joe thrown into ludicrous situations: in 3 he became a one-man gag reel, and something didn't work.

I wish you summercucks would go back

You do that with every game that you haven't played yet reviewed.

Here:

Now there are only the cancerous QTE and some projectiles who aren't as bad and you made the game.
I'd say that it's a bad hack n' slash because it focuses on stealth but stealth sucks
I'd say that's a bad stealth game because it focuses on Slashing but slashing is broken

Never played Fallout or Catherine, I'd dig catherine tho. i think you're confonding me with some reviewer.
I got bored of Dark souls even if i was starting to getting good in both I and III

>>automatic parry with counter
Woah woah woah, hold the fuck up. You can't parry counter unless you parry at the very last moment. If you parry long beforehand it's just a normal parry, but you won't perform a counter which makes your enemy instantly zandatsu-able. It's the main means of defense in the game and by no means broken, it's like saying Witch Time is broken in Bayonetta because it gives you free hits, but that's ignoring the question whether you can pull that off consistently in a wide variety of situation where attacks are coming in from multiple directions, unparriable grabs are mixed in with normal attacks, and the threat each different enemy poses to you.

Nigga learn to Ninja Run and crowd control the enemies. Standard grunts will stop trying to shoot you if you get close to them.

So you're saying that a hack 'n slash game which is split into sections where you have the option to avoid enemy combat and ranked encounters where you are forced into combat is focused on stealth? The stealth elements are only present because it's a Metal Gear game, and because they wanted to accomodate it for casuals who could sneak by stuff if they were too shit for killing things normally.

Which weapon were you actually using?

You are right but you are never incentivized to not press the square button.
You might not counter but if you are not blocking you are hitting your enemy making it an unlosable situation
Ninja run is cool as fuck. nothing to object here
Which weapon were you actually using?
That's the problem, you got a lot of cool weapons and the main one is the only one you are gonna use the whole game.
So you're saying that a hack 'n slash game which is split into sections where you have the option to avoid enemy combat and ranked encounters where you are forced into combat is focused on stealth? The stealth elements are only present because it's a Metal Gear game, and because they wanted to accomodate it for casuals who could sneak by stuff if they were too shit for killing things normally.
well, i guess i can't say anything here, i thought being stealthy was the hard way and not the easy way as seen that the whole game feels like you are playing the easy game. right after sabredog or whatever it is called you learned the trick of hitting the direction of your enemy + square.
If enemy is hit repeat
If block repeat
Do it until qte.
try playing only via blocking and you'll see what i'm saying, you'd get no plat rank but you'll have 0 problems all the game, it is like a bad drug once you start it, you can't bloody stop even if you're not enjoying it and you would prefer to handicap yourself

Plus, it has one of the worst camera I have ever seen in a video-game, it's so shit even mods couldn't fix it.

nigger, you have to time it just right with the counter
this is what you sound like

you can either stealth it or play it like a cuhrayzee game.
The choice is yours.
The only choice is action.

you mean like in any fight in games or real life
jesus christ

On Revengeance difficulty the parry counter damage is boosted so much that it can practically one-shot a lot of bosses. Heck, parry countering in general is more advantageous since you're spending less time waiting to parry but being on the offense more which is generally better for your performance and ranking.

I was actually trying to ask what main weapon you were using, since if you are using the Fox Blade and complain slashing is too broken - no fucking shit. The subweapons being useless is also false. The pincers can be used to charge attacks for MASSIVE damage, the polearm is useful for dealing with the tripods and racking up your hit counter, while the stun on the Sai is quite effective for 1v1 situations and disabling one enemy during a larger fight, on top of getting closer to your enemy.

Here's the thing, you can play in such a boring and stale call 'n response way because Platinum made sure to accomodate casuals who weren't planning to fully understand and learn the game systems and use them to their full extent, so they could beat the game as well for the experience at least. The gameplay of MGR does extend (somewhat) beyond shallow loops, but you have to git gud if you want to know what that's like. Kind of like how you can play Vanquish like a cover shooter or CUHRAZY. It doesn't really help that your shallow description of the base gameplay loop of MGR could apply to virtually any hack 'n slash game, but if you want to truly understand the faults of MGR then you have to truly put some effort in to get the most out of the game and S-rank everything on Revengeance mode. Not that any criticism are invalid until you've achieved that, but it's the best way of understanding how and why the game works and gives you a clearer perspective when it comes to what to criticize.

you mean like in any fight in games or real life
jesus christ

Usually you aren't allow to spam the win button all the game. if i'd wanted to do the same thing all the time i'd fucking go to work.

For keeping your shitty exemple you don't have to break in a straight line. if you you're punished.
In this game you attack and block with the same motion and the game decide when you block and when you attack. it's like playing RPS when opponent are allowed to only use rock or paper. you get to spam paper until the game make you win

To come back to my old exemple, in restricted RPS you could play scissor and win a meaningless platinum prize.

sorry to say but this feels like an excuse. it feels more like an overlook. never played vanquish, maybe the devs are really this dense and actually enjoy shitting on their own game so that fetishists can play around the problems, shit, i would be a fan if Kamiya were actually this crazy

pic related

The game only decides that if you mash the parry motion like a madman and relinquish your control to the game. If you actually anticipate attacks or don't constantly press the stick towards the enemy while attacking, you get to have more control whether you attack or parry.

Your English is really fucking terrible and I can't understand which situations in the game you are referring to where you can mash attack to win since you are not giving us enough information. You make it sound like you beat Monsoon by just spamming the parry motion. If you actually beat Monsoon, that is.

It doesn't really mean anything other than being a record of displaying some measure of skill. Some people like to test their own skills in games which allow for that, and more than often getting the highest rank is how the developer intended the game to be played at its very best. That's kind of what scoring systems are about: pushing the systems of the game to their absolute limit for the most points, where increased mastery = more points = better at the game. If you don't care about getting good outside of simply surviving encounters then you don't have to, but don't pretend mere survival is all what MGR offers.

Go play a bout of Normal and a bout of Revengeance and you tell me where the differences lie. It's not even unique to Platinum games, most games out there have ways to cheese the opposition, but that's usually not fun to do nor fun to watch. It's like saying Doom is boring as hell because you can just backstrafe as much as the level allows and take out enemies one by one, even though that's not efficient time-wise. If you play in a very stale manner you get a very stale grade, if you play in a fast and aggressive manner then you get a higher grade. Now here's my question, why not play a little bit more aggressively? Why not try and reach for an S-rank, never getting hit once and landing those zandatsus?

My nigger
Others won't share your opinion though

so you hate dodging in games too?
hang on, please tell you didn't play this on automatic did you.
nigger are you that much of a casual

These games aren't about beating or cheesing them whatsoever.
It's about getting getting Platinum/S ranks, being stylish and making you feel awesome.

In Bayonetta it's not exploiting Kilgore it's those moments where you're being destroyed by a pair of Gracious and Glorious, you retry and through sheer determination and muscle memory (not spamming parry or dodge like you would) you somehow kill them with no damage in a sick combo you won't be able to replicate for awhile.

Maybe you lack creativity.
Cuhrayzee games aren't about beating the opponent but about how stylish you are doing it.

I can beat Dante on DMD easily, but can I do it while pulling off crazy Donguri shit? God no. Not yet.

Nah

That's untrue. Second one is the best.

Sperg sperging aside, Rising is a forgettable game. It's forgettable because it's platshit.
Like all platshit, the combat consists of instant microwaved combo strings that all look the same and do the same thing.
Most animations feel quite weak. Jumping and air stuff might as well not be there, it's a bullet point feature. There are few utility moves, and the game doesn't do a very good job of letting you know about them.
Like all platshit, there's a slow-mo crutch thrown in somewhere, and all the cool stuff is scripted.
The gameplay cycle is still the same "beat guy up, press B to kill" we've seen since God Hand, but less polished every time they recycle it, because that's platshit for you. There's plenty of bullshit moments and plenty opportunities to cheese things, because again, nobody took the time to playtest any of that and think about how it all works together.
Whatever cohesion the game had falls apart by the time you reach the meme tower, which is two thirds into a five hour long game. From there it's all camera bugs, encounters thrown together by an intern in 10 minutes, boss fights that haven't been tested beyond "doesn't crash", and other signs of being told by a publisher to wrap the fuck up and ship.

I agree, it's a prime example of director worship gone blind. Kill yourself.

Day of the Tentacle was shit. Mr.Shitface was always a hack.

But that is Tom Schiffer not Tim Schafer.
They are devs not heroes.

the cancer is strong in this place

And? I played both games and I don't see what you're getting at. Do you think these names carry enough weight to make the argument for you if you just name-drop them? Make a point or take a hike.

Man, I did not need to see that.

Wait, dumbed down the Devil Trigger? I don't know if we were playing the same game considering Devil Trigger had the exact same utility: speed up, increased attack power, slight regen, aerial abilities when using certain Devil Arms. DMC3 introduced charging it beforehand for a radial blast-attack at the cost of reduced DT time (something DMC4 sorta-kinda dropped; only Nero has that effect and it's not charged), as well as passive stats depending on which Devil Arm you had equipped.

We're certainly not playing the same game because Devil Trigger in DMC1 gives you access to an entirely different moveset than you normally have. High levels of play on Dante Must Die almost entirely revolve around Devil Trigger management. Enemies in DT were also different in that they couldn't be stunned or juggled unless you were also in DT, but in 3 you can still stun them even if you're not in DT, it just takes more hits to do so. The health regeneration was also removed on DMD in DMC1.

>We're certainly not playing the same game because Devil Trigger in DMC1 gives you access to an entirely different moveset than you normally have.
To my memory you get beefed-up versions of some moves with Ifrit and aerial moves with Alastor, not an entirely different moveset, though moveset changes period didn't appear in DMC3 except for Vergil's corrupt costume giving him Nero Angelo's movesets and Nevan and Rebellion's aerial features, I'll acknowledge.

Drawing an equivalent between DMC1's DT moves and Nevan's similar moves isn't necessarily fair since those moves in 3 are locked behind Swordmaster style, not available just as a result of DT use. Beowulf gets a few of Ifrit's DT moves in equivalents of Meteor and Inferno, again available in Swordmaster. They take the moves and repurpose them for one of 3's styles, but as a result DT becomes essentially just a hyper-mode, not something you have to strategically plan around. For DMC1's DMD you practically can't damage bosses at all without using DT, and it's a necessity for a lot of mobs too.

Obviously it's sort of a petty complaint given how many other areas 3 increases the mechanical complexity but there's really no reason to replace the system instead allowing both of them to exist. I can tell they care about this because they tried to do something similar with MaxACT in 4, it's not just some mode that increases the speed of Nero's animations and deals a little more damage, it results in different moves.

I just watched the Catherine review, I knew he was a giant faggot, but not this bad.

MGS1-3 had a co writer and generally Kojima was kept on a leash from going full retard.

the best fallout is the third one, the one the original creators had nothing to do with :^)