Valve is in the midst of an exodus...

Valve is in the midst of an exodus. Does this mean those 3 VR games Gabe claimed they're working on are more or less canceled at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.co.uk/article/valve-management-jeri-ellsworth
valvesoftware.com.
nytimes.com/2012/09/09/technology/valve-a-video-game-maker-with-few-rules.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
blogs.valvesoftware.com/abrash/valve-how-i-got-here-what-its-like-and-what-im-doing-2/
newcdn.flamehaus.com/Valve_Handbook_LowRes.pdf
richg42.blogspot.com/2016/06/what-company-wide-reorg-looks-like-in.html
archive.is/AGnTC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It means they're a shit company and you should stop supporting them

Entirely possible, I wonder what's going on over there?

Ill admit it too sparks interest in me. If the fat fuck over there doing something to make people leave? Or are the people leaving the fags?

Valve used to be a gamedev company, now they're a sales platform management company. It's natural that people who originally signed on to a gamedev company would eventually get bored.

Watching their glassdoor page might be interesting.Wouldn't be too suprised to see people leaving over shipping nothing but hats and knife skins.

Left 4 Dead 3 will probably be their last game and who knows when we'll get that

the money's drying up, the competitors wells are getting deeper or maybe both.

There was an article quite some time ago that had an interview with an employee from valve that more or less outlined how directionless and mismanaged their development is. Of course he didn't state it like that, but you can only interpret what was said so many different ways.

There is no more Valve just Steam

Valve is claiming to work on games?

You have to have a special kind of delusion to believe this.

you know that could mean they aren't paying they're developers anymore and not that they aren't getting revenue, right?

Or it could mean they are elder-tier Jews.

huh

What ever did happen with half Life 3?

They develop DOTA2 and CSGO now, forever.

HUHHHHHHHHHH1??1?1??1?1?!!!!!!!

You're fucking retarded. Their employees have contracts, they're never not going to get paid, and there's nothing noteworthy impacting their grotesque revenues.

This makes a whole lot of sense, actually.

I hope its because people actually want to make video games.

At this point Gabe is the only employee of the old valve. He's all alone now.

When he dies Valve goes with him

the electric jew is one of the worst people who works at valve. fuck gayben.

B-But muh peecee masturr rayce!!! Steam is clearly the only thing to use for PC!!!! It's not like I can just use another service or simply pirate it!! praise goybin!!

steam is the only thing to use on the PC, and I don't care about console ports that are astoundingly bad so PC isn't worth shit thanks to the jew in washington

I dont feel sorry for him, as edgy as that sounds. Hes probably a billionaire after all and the whole paid mod scandal years ago showed how out of touch he became.

Probably has something to do with the fact that these developers want to work on something other than f2p e-sports trash or emperor's-new-clothing-VR-shovelware gimmick shit. Unfortunately for them, Gabe is a hipster dipshit more interested in making novelties than making games (the e-sports get a pass because they are low-effort cash machines). Here's a hint, Gabe, gaming isn't in it's infancy anymore. The framework has pretty much been laid at this point, so you aren't going to be able to reinvent the wheel anymore.

I find it strange that Valve isn't encouraging these people who are clearly unsatisfied to do in-house prototypes and if they make something fun throw a team behind them.

They've got the resources to let people fuck around all day and pay them for it, so why aren't they encouraging them?

Valve…..Valve has changed…

I remember when consolefags like you were a mere myth on this board.
Good times.

you KNOW they're gonna try again
lotta modders out there merely doing it for recognition, so when people stop playing the game the recognition dries up as well
different when there's promise of shekels

That'd be Jeri Ellsworth, who described Valve's management as a gaggle of high school-esque cliques where very little ever gets done on account of employees not "fitting the culture". Hardware especially apparently suffered from this, and that fits Valve's refusal to commit to the Steam Machine or any other hardware venture, instead opting for third parties. wired.co.uk/article/valve-management-jeri-ellsworth

More like heading to the middle east, becoming a radicalized domestic terrorist, and spreading mohammads propaganda before exploding in a town square

Motion control is the future of gaming.

Pretty sure they picked up a lot of the Kerbal Space Program devs before Take Two grabbed the brand.

recognition and practice probably pay off a lot better than $90 horse anus skins in the long run.
i don't think there's any way it can realistically work with valve's scheme anyway, they're a lot better off asking for donations.

PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DEFENDING THE P2W SHIT IN THIS YEAR'S COMPENDIUM! They actually ruined Dota!

What about Half L- oh.

I agree with some of your points (especially SirFuckingAutisticScreeching) and I haven't touched Dota since 7.00 but you do realize that those towers are just cosmetic right?

I thought as much, but it's still a sleazy paywall that condones actually playing through the International period. Apparently they made it harder to level it or something, but I can be wrong. Either way, Dota is dead to me.

I still say "professional modders" should do commissions. It worked for fanart.

I just want an ending to Half Life, I don't even care if its good, I just want closure goddamnit.

if dubs we get an ending but it makes us wish we hadn't

What if Valve owned these franchises?

heheehe…

maybe fallout wouldn't have gone to shit and they wouldn't have dealt the killing blow to interplay stealing the first two game.
i can't think of many scenarios worse than bethesda anyway.

i can't defend valve's forcing cellphone linking, that seems worse than any of the cosmetic stuff.
i'm glad i was never good at dota and gave it up a couple years ago.

If were going to get the same kind of rushed out ending like jack then I'd rather not have it.

Funny how alyx was fisted in like ashi and is being pushed as a love interest.

Jacks ending was fine
They were underbudgeted and under strict deadlines.
I'm just happy its happened and we got a pretty good show out of it even if not on par with the original series which were never meant to have an overarching plotline anyway.

I just want closure, I just want to erase the doubt out of my mind of what could have been.

Nah, it started going massively down hill after episode 3 with the ashi travel episode being a steaming pile of shit. Embarrassing for what the show was.

That's completely cosmetic you retard.

i think they just wanted to further hurt gennedy's marketable potential with the show.
symbionic titan was good damnit

delet this

That was the episode that started the plot instead of the monster of the week you were used to.
Just admit you disliked because it wasn't like the old show and was admittely rushed.

ASSFAGGOTS/MMO players should be put into rehab and then gassed.

Nigger I'm not even fond of dota at all, if you want to rag on it be fucking honest.

The cellphone-linking shit was also the final straw for me. I'm not putting my number on steam just to play with faggots.

I realized that after I made the post. The grind to make it look fancy is still pretty retarded, and kind of forces people to spend money on making it fancy. Again, it's all kinds of bullshit.

Wew

It had some potential in the beginning, but it was really just a kid's show with blood and a dumb penis joke. The only good things about Ashi were that Genndy unintentionally trolled Timbox hard with her death, and Timbox is being an autistic manchild faggot over his dead waifu (/cow/'s having fun making fun of him crying over Ashi).

Speaking of exodus, any other image boards I can migrate to that isn't infected with redditlr? I'm getting tired of reddit quality posts and newfaggotry. Preferably mod free since they're the reason for all this shit.

4chaim
7chan and Masterchan, thats literally it and they're dead as fuck

POST YFW THE FALL OF VALVE AND THE FAT KIKE IS UPON US

7chan was pretty good till it hit the shitter when the whole exodus fiasco happened. Guess we all got duped by anonymity and free speech Masterchan was a complete failure since the whole site is bugged and inaccessible as fuck and I think it turned into 4chon 4.0

freech :^)

I work for Valve. You should work for Valve. valvesoftware.com.

Here's some new press about us and one of our many current projects

nytimes.com/2012/09/09/technology/valve-a-video-game-maker-with-few-rules.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Note the part where Gabe says that he gets upset when someone leaves (a ridiculously rare occurrence) and considers it a "bug" in our system. The people we hire generally have tons of choices - and they choose to stay.

In addition to always having openings in software engineering, game content creation, etc, we're also currently hiring hardware engineers for exciting projects, linux and mobile developers, etc. We are always hiring talented people in all disciplines.

The best way to see what it would be like to work here are via these links:

Former Microsoft/Id/XBox/RAD developer Michael Abrash describes what it's like finally be working here after we pursued him for a number of years:
blogs.valvesoftware.com/abrash/valve-how-i-got-here-what-its-like-and-what-im-doing-2/

A leak of our humorous and informative employee handbook describes our unusual structure and methods:
newcdn.flamehaus.com/Valve_Handbook_LowRes.pdf

In addition, there have been a number of articles on forbes.com covering our company's success and impact.

I don't check my linked in account very often. I can be reached directly at [email protected]/* */ For social connections, you can find me on facebook as "Chris Green".

Specialties: Computer graphics
Systems programming
Low-level programming
Threaded programming

this is the end of the line, lad.

>76chan is dead where has /sp/ gone to since then anyway?
Fucking 8ch.pl/vichan?

BBWchan.

Masterchan finally went under after the servers got seized by EUROPOL/some other euro police organization.

i guess never deleting posts and keeping logs finally came back to haunt him.

Guess it's time to find a cave a live in it with a decent PC and emulators? Not like there was any good games so far. but seriously wish there was an uncucked place to find gaming news without shills everywhere and faggots sucking on their dick for attention

Gabe did a no no when it comes to the diversity gang and most of the unionized people are bailing for political reasons

If such a place did exist, no one would just tell you about it because then they would be flooded with Redditors and newfags as well.

It's still up. They rebranded to ccluster this year. But I hear there were changes to the rules that led most people to leave.

All the pedos went to masterchan, who then kicked them out as the pedospam was being directed from masterchan.

to top it all off, CP kik trading groups were being started and masterchan members were signing up to them.

This gets right to the heart of the issue.

They claim that they never stopped. Absurd, I know. If a game never comes out, any work that went into it doesn't matter.

Valve employees actually get paid whether they do any work or not. That's probably why they don't make games anymore.

They've already been making PR moves to get ready for Paid Mods Round 2. Gabe keeps trying to present it as though it's some kind of engineering problem where the driving force is "give dollars to modders, they deserve it :^)"
I don't think it's going to work. It's too easy to see through his bullshit facade of, "Oh, I'm just here to fix a problem. Remember, money is information. :::DDDD"
People know he's a businessman first and foremost now.

Valve has a flat management structure. Normally that's OK, but Valve makes so much money daily from doing literally nothing, just because they have Steam. So they have no pressure, either externally from Gabe, or internally from their own employees' need to put food on the table. So if you get bored or frustrated with the project you're working on, you can just quit, and you won't be fired, or even have your pay reduced. And they can't hire outside developers to finish any prototypes they make, because doing so would be an implicit admission that their internal structure doesn't work for game development anymore.

It will never happen. Let it go.

As long as there are video game discussions there will be shills to spread their shit. The price you pay for no shills is a tiny, very slow board which leads to an eventual petering out. But when more people join we they attract shills, who now have an easier time blending in. It all just makes me miss the magical time of winter 2014

Which is doubly dumb because I'm not a pedo but even I know the feds keep an eye on it. If you absolutely need to be a worthless pedophile, just download it over tor from public wi-fi.

Where did you copy paste this from and what were you trying to accomplish?

99chan is still around. deader than dead last time i gave it a look though. lainchan is still active. has a 24/7 radio which is neat too

Well, if Gabe leaves, we might get 2GD back.

No, CS:GO is outsourced.

no, the launch game was outsourced. it's been an in-house project since the game was released.

If you're talking about halfchan, it's been dead since 2012-2013 buckaroo.
I miss the fun you could have before 2010.

GO AHEAD AND LEAVE
I DON"T NEED YOU, I GOT MY SHEKELS

He made his bed, he can lie in it.

Retard. Also the Slardar and Viper remodel improved things.

Shazbowl really was the swan song eh

HL3 will literally never happen.

Who?
Or are an EOP who doesn't watch either Russian or Chinese casters who aren't paintlickers or obnoxious cunts

The tower levels are not an objective of the compendiums, it's purely a cosmetic thing that nobody cares about.

Nah, that has to be LoL's. Did you know its background stood as a low res 1280x1024 for years?

None of this sounds like video games.

Holla Forums is fine though, why the sperging?

I know I'm posting to a dick sucker but I'll bite.

But if you're asking about hoots then it's mostly thanks to leftypol and int.

So honest question:

Is anyone actually excited for VR games?

I wonder what will happen to Valve when Gabe dies.

I am glad this isn't based on your subjective feeling and that you are not a complete faggot

Does anyone even use VR anymore? I think it died out quick, or if its still around nobody talks about it.

They'll still be around, its clear that Gabe isnt a make or break issue for Valve besides being their PR guy.

Robin gets bumped up to the new Gabe I heard.

You only need the phone for ranked,fagnugget.

All the software I wanted for VR is already out. At this point it is all just icing. Though I have to admit, the actual practicality of VR is really limited just because it's objectively such a bad input device.

There are plenty of alternatives but all are dead as fuck.

did this man actually make games, or did he just work at valve?

What is going on?

Fucking where? Did you read the thread?

Valve's losing employees and soon valve itself will only be the namesake and the fat fuck. Does this mean they'll sink, or new people will actually do something worthwhile with their ips (even if it's bad, as long as it's not hats)?

Where were you when Valve FINALLY started dying for real?

no shit. game makers employed at valve probably just stare at the ceiling all day. anyone would get bored of that after 7 years.

i wonder if that dumb fuck development system they've talked about is still in place. the one where anybody could go work on anything whenever they wanted to. i can see that getting frustrating as fuck and causing a lot of team issues

in terms of actually making games though, from a business perspective, valve has zero financial incentive to put the resources into game development. the ROI is simply not going to be greater than just keeping steam up and running

what would we ever do without you

Hah thats a funny joke

user, I…

IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME WAY YOU COULD SUPPORT MOD CREATORS AND NOT LOCK PEOPLE OUT OF CONTENT.
HMMMMM.
Tiered skins are cancer not because "muh false rarity" they're cancer because they cannot be crafted.

honestly don't even know what valve even does at this point anymore other then keeping steam running most of their shit in games is basically done by players and modders and skin makers at this point

You obviously enjoy your management position way to much Gaben, make another game already. ep 2 wasn't that good next to 1

Viper and Slader look uglier than shit. At least Viper looked like a snake instead of a faggot dragon.

They're all attention whores who suck at Dota, but two out of three are sjw attention whores (Slacks and Droid). Slacks is basically an unfunny, meme spamming faggot who thinks screeching is funny.

That red and green clash on the Dota vs screen is way fuglier than Lol's vs screen.

As long as Illusion keep making games i will use mine regularly.

What's the point of putting them in rehab if you're just gonna gas them anyway?

It is. In a company that has a typical financial position (not in danger of going bankrupt, but not so rich that they can afford to sit on their asses), that would be a good system, provided you had enough creative talent. But Valve does have enough of a zero-effort revenue stream that they can afford to sit on their asses, so the incentive structure falls apart.

So what is this cool website you prefer to 8ch?

I-i-is that Northernlion?

I've been around for a while and am skeptical about Valve going all in on a new fad.

From the top of my head they dropped: episodic games, steam boxes, SteamOS, and I don't even know if that controller ever caught on. Guesssing not.

Sooner or later someone at Valve will get bored and this VR stuff will run

VR is already dead.
STOP.

The Alphabet approach of throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks is great if something would actually stick. Because if it does not you'll end up as Yahoo.

Well fuck that.

Don't worry, lainchan is a commie shithole anyway so you're not missing out on anything. I used to go there but the edgy anarchists became too much for me eventually

At least they added refunds and got rid of green-light.

Valve doesn't do that, which is why this thread exists in the first place. Valve doesn't release anything, only dota updates.

People are leaving because they have nothing to do there. Valve doesn't make games anymore, remember? What would an artist, a writer and a musician or a game developer do there?

Why would they need devs or writers or artists, they're an online store.

[citation needed]

Valve announced 3 things, what did you expect was going to happen?

Are you American?

Valve was FORCED to implement refunds because of consumer laws in Australia and EU. It was not charity.

In theory they could have denied this to Burgers ofcourse so you're not entirely wrong.

Eat free pizza?

I'd like to give a special mention to meguca Holla Forums which has a total of three threads. It's the deadest.

There are a lot of people working there (they have 300-some employees) who have been there for aeons.

Here's my theory: by the time you are qualified to work at Valve, your options are more or less unlimited. Because of the self-directed nature of the work day, most (hopefully all) of the people there are talented, self-motivated types who could start their own company if they wanted to take the risk. Meaning, they are at a greater risk for turnover since people can leave to another company or start their own company pretty easily if things aren't perfect. If you have Valve on your resume and don't totally blow it by making an ass out of yourself like Jeri Ellsworth did, any company in the gaming industry will take you and most companies in the tech industry probably will as well.

They're going all-in on VR, which is probably making some people uncomfortable. Rich Geldreich wrote an interseting blog post about this: richg42.blogspot.com/2016/06/what-company-wide-reorg-looks-like-in.html

Gabe has said they have some VR games in the pipeline, so hopefully VR is what it takes for Valve to start making games again instead of figuring out different ways to make money off their existing shit.

I think the issue with the VR games is when your long time designers are gone it's going to be very hard to replace them. Nearly the entire Portal 2 and L4D2 teams have left or got reassigned to DOTA/CS:GO. Even hiring the Kerbal devs won't produce results instantly.

The biggest problem is Valve refusing to invest in customers or respect their time/money by not hiring a curation team and proper customer support. And that will frustrate internal developers at Valve because they don't have the faith in management to execute projects any more if they fail, or worse, purposely neglect basic quality of life functions for the service. Or even something like the huge Christmas Day breach a few years back which had a woeful response that Valve only got away with because they are the only platform on PC anyone cares about. And if the only impetous valve has is constant monetisation of their products. Then the staff is going to feel afraid of tackling projects and new ideas because they have to deal with management demands of monetization.

And both the EU/AU governments are constantly on the lookout to try smack enormous fines on valve and thanks to china forcing blizzard to reveal the drop rates for their own crates it wont take long for valve to be put on notice.

Not what I meant to post.

Yahoo was actively sabotage by a cunt.

Your dreamland sounds like a miserable place. Like some kind of temple that worships electronic media.
I think Holla Forums attracts people who are afraid to express themselves, and realize they can do so here. You could easily write a psychology thesis on the effects of anonymity, including why hotwheels felt the pressure to leave.
Escape seems like the easy way to control chan culture, but the truth is either you're in or out. There is no captain here, and you have to take the good with the bad.

I can hail to that

Endchan.

You make me miss Flax, Bruno, and 2GD.

All that's left is Sheever and Purge. It's like watching TechTV die all over again, and we all know what happened to those people after the fact.

why

That's a pseudonym, right?

If you're looking for some platform to advocate differences between paid advertising and genuine recommendations, we have that here

But good luck finding someplace free of ego and outside influences. Maybe some freemasonchan or something, idk.

I still miss based yames as well

he went out doing what he loved, making people mad
a true dota player

If it is, it's one he's used throughout his career. He's decently well-known in the graphics programming world.

Both of you cool jets. It could also be that they're giving out little to no raises anymore. It's standard practice in the modern software dev work market to jump to another company every 2-3 years, as it's much easier to find a raise that way than actually get one from your current boss. We'll know if there's an exodus and not just a lot of turnover (i.e., if current employees are telling prospective employees not to apply at Valve because of whatever Gaben niggertry) if fewer people enter Valve than leave.

This is covered in the employee manual actually. Workers' pay is based on a performance review from a rotating group of coworkers. Employees are given bonuses proportional to how much value they add to the company, which in some cases can be more than the base salary of the person.

This is the explanation for their tendency to do money-grabbing stuff (like paid limited-use sprays in CS:GO), despite having a "flat" management structure: if somebody implements a feature that makes a fuck-ton of money, they'll be looking down the business end of a very large bonus.

Didn't know that. Makes a lot of sense. Sounds very Goldman-y to me, and that didn't turn out well for them or anyone else.

HAIL ERIS

Thats Helen of Troy though

close enough

That's a load of shit and you know that. With half the board shilling their games and others out of topic and generals that don't need a general you might as well call this place 4ddit. Plus it's the mod that decides what games are allowed to shill, not anons.

In any field but manufacturing, it's impossible to meaningfully quantify how much "value you add."

By added value they mean how many new shekels did an employee bring in revenue streams. Think introductions of trading cards, skins, hats, etc. It is possible to quantify how much value a new system makes solely through how much additional money it makes that would otherwise not be made.
Paid mods were an idea that would have made money if there wasn't a severe backlash. Think of how many other systems were introduced, even within the past few years, that are making money where they didn't before.
This money costs them almost nothing to get. Trading cards function in an already existing steam marketplace that was already up and running for TF2 running on server capacity they already had. The get another cut of money they do almost nothing to generate. The cards, emotes, and wallpapers are done by the game companies. The cards are traded and sold by consumers with valve immediately getting a cut. Then the money goes to your steam wallet where you essentially have to try to cashout trusting Russians to not chargeback Paypal or put it back into steam which gets them another cut from the game they sold.

I'm aware of that. My point is that it's impossible to put a number on that unless you're involved in a very simple, repetitive process, like manufacturing on an assembly line. Even if you invent some new system for skins that brings in X number of dollars, you can't know how much of that was due to the work of other people (the IT guys who built the infrastructure that the skin system uses, the PR guys who publicized it, the legal team who determined that it wasn't breaking any laws, etc.). It's basically pulling numbers out of your ass, because the only identifiable source of revenue is at the project level, not the individual (or even team, sometimes) level.
Gaben thinks like an engineer (or at least likes to pretend that he does), but that approach just doesn't work in a complex business environment, no matter how much he wants it to. Measuring "value added" in this incredibly subjective, borderline meaningless way is just another example of that.

True. It's fairly disgusting, actually, and it gives the consumer nothing of real value in exchange for their money. This is why I'm of the opinion that we're living in a (brief) in-between period–it's inevitable that, someday, nobody is going to pay ever again for a "product" that is really nothing more than a configuration of flipped non-flipped bits on a hard drive.

Has Valve themselves actually made 3 actual games at all..?

no one shills their game on a board with 2000 users. especially one with 90% pirates

Half-Life 1 & 2. Not sure if the Portal games count, since those were basically student games whose creators were hired by Valve to recreate. L4D 1 & 2 were basically the same thing. Was Valve really responsible for CS, or was that yet another case of them hiring a team with a pitch?

TFC, Ricochet, HL, HL2, CS:S, DoD:S, Ep1, Ep2, TF2, Portal, Portal 2, L4D2, Alien Swarm, DOTA 2 were all in-house developed.

CS was a mod they bought, Condition Zero was Rouge Entertainment, DoD was a mod they bought, Left 4 Dead 1 was Turtle Rock Studios before they were purchased by Valve.

They probably do have some sort of extremely backwards process to attribute credit. Suppose they consider the original "ideaguy" to be the one who got them the value and he gets the bonus.

If everybody is "working" on whatever they want do you think any of them are going to put in grunt work to get things moving? Or do you think you get a bunch of "upper level" "managers" shooting ideas at interns and seeing what sticks. You then get a company with loads of ideaguys and nobody actually doing the work (/agdg/ ayyy) which, if true, entirely explains Valve as a company since 2010~ and why they keep losing actual devs that want to make games again.

If they just purchased a dev company that ended up making a sequel of a game they made previously it shouldn't really be considered in-house. Valve funded maybe. Same with DOTA 2.

Left 4 Dead 2 was developed by Valve in Seattle, but it's additional content after release was contracted out to Turtle Rock Studios.

The hired pretty much one guy. Two if you count Euls who had been with valve for a long time when they started working on Dota 2.

I never quite understood the problem with hiring people who've already had an idea instead of hiring people and hoping that they are going to have an creative idea at some time in the future.

That makes more sense but if they still had the people that had developed L4D2 why didn't they start working on another game with that same studio after they contracted out the content?

It's not a problem but buying a premade company that's already making a game isn't really making a game "in-house". In-house sort of implies they wer using an internal idea with people they already had to make a game as opposed to them seeing a good idea and buying it for production, not a bad thing, but not "in-house".

>Rouge Entertainment
Never heard of them. Are they related to Rogue Entertainment? And why would they name their studio after a shade of red? :^)

Oh no you don't

Developers came on there to make games people enjoy, Gabe or whoever the fuck's in charge is interested only in cash and making money off 12 years olds on multiplayers, and selling old games for cheap prices.
All in all, one again the Jews fucked everything for everyone.

Sorry, *once

I hear the cafeteria is pretty good.

All dead and not as good in their glory days.
Dead and full of shitposters, and pedo's obsessed with some meth smoking faggot.
Literally just an accesory to Holla Forums kept alive only by anti Trump people kicked off Holla Forums, that's it, even their Holla Forums is boring, .pl at least has shitposting.
Dead and empty.
Pedo's.
That's it.
Unlike the other numbers, this one has Asperger's syndrome.
The creator recently had to discourage his users from killing themselves.
That's all I need to say, his words speak louder than mine.
But I hate that shithole of a site so much I'll continue.
The creator baited people into coming in by saying that they were a cult dedicated to the Matrix, with a lain chan background, the man literally just did that to pull gullible waifufags, lonely enough to be attracted to it to join them, he's too much of a pussy to let them kill themselves so he put out a disclaimer, then the site got spread to normal fags, and I mean NORMAL FAGS, like more normalfaggy normalfags than Holla Forums was spread to. So it's a mix of shitty normalfags, and /r9k/ tier waifufags just waiting to kill themselves, run by and infinity worse webmaster than Jim, Hiroyuki, Moot, and Hotwheel's could ever be.

So basically
this is your home now
you cannot run
if you do not fight the site will die, do not abandon it like other oldfags did, it is because of that not Jim or anything else that the site has decreased in quality.
But since you're a fellow oldfag I'll let you in on a little secret

There are boards here where oldfags still go and discuss things, if you can find those boards you will see Holla Forums as it was in the glory days. Other sites will not provide the same affect, I can't give out names but you'll find it.
Good luck.

Sorry I meant to say "Run by an infinitely worse webmaster."

You say Lainchan but from your description I'm pretty sure you're talking about tsukichan / systemspace which was shilled on lainchan and some other imageboards. I do agree both lain and tsukichan are complete garbage though

wait, how is that a bad thing
:^)

How long ago was it he left?
Feels so dark without him lighting up the way with his wheel chair lights.

Holy shit, are you blind or can't you count?

both
how do I number

Apparently blazechan will be up and going soon. It looks really promising.
everything else is dead

The site shitting itself constantly during the Josh thing drove off tons of people who just couldn't post. Then the hack that killed everything, and Sunshine, both of which probably scared off a lot of people. All the little random problems that Codemonkey causes constantly because he's a retard. If the quality of the site has gone down because people are abandoning it, the blame for that rests solely with the people running this shitshow.

Yeah, I am mostly a lurker and this shit is getting pathetic.

>tfw just wanted a cyberpunk image board
>lain chan promised that, but failed to deliver
>tfw it had the only active board dedicated to talking about dreams on the entire fucking internet
>it's fucking dead because the fags running it were pure ass cancer

Any idea if it'll be cucked by sonicfags?

EXODUS AT VALVE, COMPANY IN FLAMES

Another one left recently
Thats like 4-5 we know of

archive.is/AGnTC
Well shit, another one

Then we wouldn't get any more games from those franchises? Valve stopped making games after Portal 2. Now they're the walmart of vidyagaems.

Exactly this, I get absolutely no malice in the OPs tweet. That or he's really good at hiding that he's been forced to train his street shitter replacement. Oh fuck, Valve IPO incoming I'm kidding, I hope

lol, you fell for that?