Anti-pirates caught pirating

archive.is/1mjsa

>There is interesting version why appeared Denuvo v.4 without VMProtect. Here is a translation of post in russian part of internet. Source of the post in russian: rsdn.org/forum/shareware/6733058

>It must be noted, that this guys already sued (source: rsdn.org/forum/shareware/5704575 ) and won the case (source: rsdn.org/forum/shareware/5794497.1 ) against allsoft.ru for selling Acronis vmProtect.

>Source: exelab.ru/f/index.php?action=vthread&forum=13&topic=19719&page=37#14

tl;dr Denuvo is using an unlicensed (pirated) version of a program called VMProtect, and the guy working on that program has tried to contact Denuvo several times to no avail, and is now intending to sue them for breaching copyright on top of flagging any unlicensed copies of VmProtect used in Denuvo .DLLs as viruses through his connections with anti-virus firms considering each copy of VMProtect has an unique watermark, licensed or unlicensed

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/493200/discussions/0/1291817837621089415/
e-hentai.org/g/509260/b380f70bcd/?p=1
thefamouspeople.com/profiles/saul-alinsky-4118.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Incorrectly using a license isn't exactly what I'd call pirating, but yeah, of course it's hypocritical and illegal of denuvo.

What does VMprotect do? Is it an integral part of Denuvo or is it just a little extra thing in case the main thing is busted?
If it's integral, they'd be forced to remove Denuvo from all games or give out V4 to every dev with a Denuvo game for free. Either way that's a win, considering V4 seems to be getting cracked quicker than non-V4.

CPY gave a hint a few days ago, and they usually only give a hint 48 before drop

IS DENUVO GETTING FUCKED!?

This also states openly that antivirus companies flag legitimate software for third parties. This has been obvious for the last 10 years or more but now someone who directly works for them admits it.

They'll say it was "for research purposes."

I don't think anything's going to change but yeah it's an interesting point.

Who knows, maybe now devs will decide to combat piracy the proper way instead: by making a product worth paying for.

Nah. Post smug.

I'm pretty damn smug about this news, but I get the feeling nothing's really gonna come out of this. Nothing ever seems to come out of news like this.

Denuvo is VMProtect but it's not the same.

Okay okay okay. Hear me out.
First, you take VM Protect, right.
Translate it from Basement Russian into Basement Slav/German/Hungarian, whatever they speak in Austria.
Change the calls and functions so they're similar but not close to the original functions.
Create a new shell.
Then fill it with enough faggotry and bullshit that it cripples nearly everything that it is intergrated into.
Then slap the words UNCRACKABLE on it.

So- -techincally, it's a fork. An crippling fork but it's filled with so much bullshit they're going to argue that it's a unique project.

So can the next form of anti-piracy be retail limited editions with physical goodies and actual 100+ page manual/backstory books like in the 90s? I'd get back into buying PC games if that actually happened.

can't wait until VMProtect is bought out by greedy 'Austrians'
no wonder that queer painter went berserk

I wouldn't be against disc-based DRM. It's moderately effective and good for consumers (physical copy is better than a digital one).
They'll never do it, as publishers want low overheads by selling only digital copies and retards want things installed to their drives without changing their disc drive because they've been spoiled for decades.

That'd be a great incentive to buy, hell, even some steam games give out digital goods, but why pour effort and care into your game when you can just shell out a sum to denuvo ?

Retard.

It's sad we live in an era where if you want to know something a game you bought – you're told to google it; and even then that does not even remotely guarantee you'll get the answer you need.

Also, hilarious that a few years ago the media and the general PC gaming community were celebrating how amazing it is to finally get rid of physical copies.
Then in 2012 when Valve decided to fuck everyone in the ass, a few people still went " meh, better than physical"
Jump ahead to today , we're drowning in shit and shovelware and it's "Holy fuck, why did we sacrifice everything for the sake of convenience?"

Bitch I thought about buying Nier:Automata on PS4 just for poster. I don't own a PS4 and it would be surprisingly not much more expensive to finding a way to get a poster alone.
If they made physical editions properly, I would buy most of these stuff. Just make fun limited editions and make them much more than limited.

Digital only was pushed by companies before it was embraced by the consumer. New Vegas' disk was just a steam key, and there basically wasn't any good voting with your wallet from there.

The disc doesn't even work anymore for New Vegas and other steam only games with actual data on the disc, because of that stupid update which broke all the old disc installers. It's possible to use shady russian decrypters to extract the data on those old useless discs though.

REV UP THOSE REACTIONS LADS

Whatever you say Zoltan, we forgot your kind were Turkish speaking folk.

Let's go beyond and make it them the standard package for the first couple of thousand people that buy them. Everyone who waits for the price drop will be stuck with the regular edition..If one gets released.

I miss those days.

I still remember cloth maps and pewter minis and spiral bound 100 page lore books.

Casuals today wet their knickers over a special edition with a DLC download code. It offends me.

As long as I won't have problems with getting these this would be awesome.
Only game that done such thing in my memory were Witcher 1 and DLC for 3. You have to appreciate selling actual card game together with the DLC. W2&3 also were nice but not on par with first one.

dude that's almost two and a half tons of dollars right there.

Vmprotect lost money because denuvo didnt pay for the copyright. How can this be fair? The developers of vmprotect have a live too, they need to pay their rent and tax too. And just because of jewish drm faggotry, pirates and what not, these people lost a huge amount of money they could have make from denuvo.

I am actually a 100% anti pirate and therefore i cant continueto support games that have denuvo in their product.

this wouldn't have happened if vmprotect used denuvo!

a dangerous thing to have these days as i understand it ;mp3's are safer at least until ISIS figures out how to make your headphones explode

Britain is done for.

wew

I can't wait for kuckdaien to express his thoughts, or corporate-filled facsimile thereof, on the matter.

GET FUCKED

Good, this shit was never going to last. Maybe now developers will actually make good games instead of paying up the ass for faulty software.

Aren't all companies "greedy"?

Hey, burgers like him think polar bears walk the streets of Moscow, so why does this surprise you?

Yes, though nobody minds when the greed is good

That's not greed though, that's just capitalism in its ideal state. Greed is defined by an excess and selfish desire for material wealth. It's more "I make the most-money grubbing product with no concern of who I fuck over". Greed is a corruption of the system, not its default state.

Fair point.
Though I see greed more akin to explosions that power an engine. If misplaced or too big, they will destroy it, however.

I love reddit…

why not stay there? :^)

Don't be silly it's Grizzly bears
Next your going to say Kangaroos don't roam Australian Streets hint they actually do

GO BACK!

Technically it's licensing abuse but hey it's basically the same shit as pirating a steam game

nice job retard

XD

Securom died in my lifetime, why not another one too?

Oh boy, another denuvo bitching and/or schadenfreude thread. Where are the video games?

Well yeah, the system is driven by wanting money and being willing to put effort to earn it. It's just that you can't call said desire greed since that is, by definition, the excess of it. It's the same reason you can't say liking beer is by itself alcoholism.

Compared to a DRM that required you to nuke your entire pc just to remove the damn thing as well as forbidding you to have programs that IT considers a threat installed, Denuvo is a joke.

yeah and they're designated

Fuck you, no forgiveness. It's going to be code wheels or nothing.

I wonder if kikes will eventually start declaring antivirus companies liable for piracy if they don't scan for pirated software?

It's not only the Russians that do that, a lot of English speakers do it as well, we just shorten it.
What did you think the "K" in "100K" stood for?

000.00/1000.00/grand? Makes sense when lb somehow equals "pound" and oz means "ounce".

Haven't you heard about his last revelation?

steamcommunity.com/app/493200/discussions/0/1291817837621089415/

Our meager IQ's simply cannot hope to grasp the true meaning of these words.

THICC

How many clicked on the thread because of the image?

I see fat acceptance is gaining ground with the """ironic""" fetishists.

K = Kilo = x1000
100K = 100x1000 = 100000

Guilty as charged.

Please go back to reddit and stay there.
We don't want you here.

fuck user, i need sauce on that second picture it's cropped so reverse search can't do shit

Captive Elf Market

IDs were a mistake.
>>>/neogaf/

Elves can't be captives. Being captive means you were free at some point.

thanks user

needs a teedus

Nah, fuckoff I bet most of you faggots still buy from GoyimStop and yet pretend like you give two shits about the industry.

no because the vast majority of video game addicts live in ~100 square foot cabinets and all their shelf space is filled with amiibos and bongs.

Do you?

never change japan

here's your tip, the physical market must be eradicated, we must achieve control through license agreements, and with your help, we will!

Except that's literally the definition of software piracy, you dumb cunt.

You act like the physical market was somehow different than how Steam operated. You realize you never owned your games, right? You just bought a license for them that was activated using a CD key.

game piracy is usually meant by shit like slavs selling things like pirated dvds at their potato markets.

Which is incorrectly using a license, you dumb nigger.

you realize things existing in a physical space are different from things in a digital space, right? Don't tell me you're this much of a dumb fucking goy

never said it wasn't you sensitive little girl

I have a bad feeling about you. Very bad and very strong, feeling.

Except legally and factually they aren't. Whenever you bought a game physically you were merely buying the license. That's how it has always worked for software. That's why despite having a game CD you needed the CD key or you were SOL. That's why getting spare CD keys was usually a hassle.

I figured a third worlder would prefer physical distribution.
Figuratively retarded.

thats nice
thats a lie
that is true
almost always but that's essentially true
this is not necessarily true, and cd keys were exclusively a PC solution to copy protection in the late 90s - late 00's, having physical access to pressed optical game data is still more valuable than a download link from a consumer perspective.

Yes, me.

Why does that read more like a Holla Forumsack manual than anything else?

because a lot of things Holla Forums does is inspired by these tactics, and they work really well

so what you're saying is we should pirate everything?

get physical copies and invest in back up solutions, if physical copies don't exist, pirate, and never ever support jewish digital distribution schemes like steam

Duh

now that everyone knows what exactly is inside denuvo it's gonna be much easier to crack it

Pretty much. Even I have my limits for what is acceptable with my "dirty slut" Windows system. If it doesn't work offline it's a no-buy.

It was hardly a secret, the revelation is it being unlicensed.

That's not the definition of irony being used here faglord

It's too late for that. I'm so used to pirating, because of all the garbage, that I would even pirate a game deserving my money simply out of reflex. Just bring on a crash.

tfw never bought digital media in my life

Fucking stay there, faggot. :^) I sure hope you didn't go there to get that screen grab, giganigga.

Did any of you faggots even click the link in the OP?
That's where he got that image from.

Stupid little shits.

They also work a lot better for Holla Forums, because Holla Forums is capable of using all the rules unlike Liberals. Here's how some of the rules "work" for the Left:
Rule 1: The Right thinks the Left has a gaggle of random faggots that are easily pushed around.
Rule 5: Developing effective ridicule requires being able to take ridicule in return so you can analyze what works and what doesn't, and the Left cannot stand ridicule of any kind.
Rule 7: Muh Russia muh Nazis muh Russia muh Nazis Russia Russia Russia NAZIS!!
Rule 9: See Rule 1.
Rule 11: There is no constructive alternative with Communism. Even Saul Alinsky admits in the same book that he doesn't have a concrete idea about the end goal of Communism. Lol.

there's also the fact that it's hard to take any ridicule seriously from someone who's already ridiculous.

Fucking kek. Hope they get sued into bankruptcy and their reputation dragged even further through the mud.

I feel like liberals are getting an assload of unnecessary flack in this war between left and right. Since when did liberalism become communism?

Pick one, retard

since Marxism/communism infested the left i guess?

summer of 1919.

I wonder if Kaldaien is in fact autistically screeching irl at the mention of this news?
Like, does go into his bathroom, lays down on the cold floor naked, and curses the God for what is happening to his favorite DRM company now.

probably not but he gets plenty of calls from the guys writing his checks that are like this.

Nah, i think he does it for free.

ITT: people who believe that horseshoe theory is legitimate.
>>>Holla Forums

Either read a history book before spouting off or just kill yourself for being a retard.

I am calling the police

cp spam bot is back

It's Holla Forums

I have to clear my cache now.
I hate these fucking bots.

Blame Holla Forums

That's pretty Jewish of you tbh fampai. If you enjoy the game, support the devs.

What the fuck am I reading?

I feel like I'm having a stroke reading OP's post.

Google's """"""""""""translation"""""""""""""

None of the characters are anywhere close to that fat though, the artist is just a faggot.

Make me faggot.

I'm not going to take those digits on. You win.

I didn't click because I thought they were "thicc", I clicked because I like living clothes/armor and I thought the OP image was that.
Alas, it was just an invisible woman.

You would like that wouldn't you?

Why do you care about denuvo, just pirate drm free stuff

Its like you are gay or something.

Why should I care about them

No one is asking to give them your care user. Hating something is not caring for it.

You waste your time/life/care hating companies instead of pirating stuff and playing it

I decide if it's a waste or not, I have hate to spare.

Why the fuck do people like you even exist?

You do understand you can do both at the same time, right? It's not a one or the other type of deal.

Are you retarded?

I mean this a pointless argument though. Anything can be a waste of time. If i want to shitpost on a imageboard about a faggot company i will then.

e-hentai.org/g/509260/b380f70bcd/?p=1
I found the CG under a different name. Also worth pointing out that the artist is Shindol.

He does fantastic vanilla but anything else from him is just weird

Reviewers don't understand the law of objectivity, so buying a new game based on "reviews" is gambling with your money. Few reviewers get it right.

Most games today are unoptimized, have trash narrative, bad writing, bad gameplay.

Buying games on consoles is the same thing even though consoles were supposed to have games optimized better since it's the same hardware. If the hardware fails or isn't sold in stores anymore, you can never play the game.

Digital is the gateway to streaming and you will probably need to have an internet connection in the future to play games, this is obvious since most companies want profit maximization. Back then I could lend my friend a game, he could enjoy it, beat it and lend me one of his games. Companies don't like that because they consider my friend a lost profit, profit they could've made if he purchased a copy, with digital games you can't lend.

They can claim whatever the hell they want but unless they were willing kick down doors and physically repossess or destroy copies of software it's moot. Functionally speaking the customer owns pure physical software/firmware.

That pic is quite hot

it's extra funny when you find out most of the companies shilling this garbage started their claim to fame with freeware. they're just trying to create a landscape where no competition can sprout up.

That's every shitty industry that rots away long enough.

Literally win-win situation, can't wait to see you guys crying again over cracks and not being able to steal anything

Pic related, average pc tard when the game he wants to steal isn't cracked yet

When someone finally takes a shotgun to PC gaming I'm gonna laugh so hard cause in the end you'll have nobody to blame but yourselves, faggots like you are the reason shit like steam exists and has devalued the PC market so much.

I wanna FUCK that baby

Back to cuckchan with you.

You are saying this as if the console market was better than the PC one.

You don't like weird?

God I can imagine the smarmy grin you had typing this out knowing full well the PC market is huge and thriving.

please god no

I'm not that stupid.

I know this artstyle and I know perfectly well what this entails
fire away user

This needs to be a sticky. Also, I wonder what that fucking Denuvo cuck on the Steam forums have to say about this. Someone bug that nigger.

Thousand. Your idea falls apart at billions. Were we speaking in metric, one billion dollars would be $1G, but nobody uses that notation, it's always $1B.
Fucking Yuros, swear to God.

So we get to remind all of the shills and cocksuckers that actively want Denuvo of this every time they defend this dumpster fire, right?

y-yes

Modeseven is the very definition of a skilled artist with pleb tier fetishes.

(Checked)
I saw a big chunk of the thread. At least he admits the VMProtect thing is troubling, but only because it gave him problems trying to mod it, and not because Denuvo was stealing from VMProtect.

He's got a Shadman-tier case of sameface.

it's the smallest market except for mmos, f2p shit, and facebook m8, very different segments of the market.

Come on. And consoles are only relevant because devs make the game console first for the sake of selling consoles because some corporate overlord can make shekels.

Doesn't the licenses for shitty DRM that doesn't work cost the same as putting bonus items in anyways?

The way I understand it, it's an integral part of it AND the reason why V4 is getting cracked much more easily.
Denuvo knows they're getting their ass sued so the V4 doesn't use VMP.

yeah it actually really matters because it describes the type of audience present on a platform. the type of audience that cares about candy crush ville or whatever doesn't fucking care about denuvo, or steam, or "pc gaming" at all. They aren't part of that community. It's very different and incredibly disingenuous imply they matter in a discussion like this.

Ever walk into a Toys R Us or Gamespot/EB Games? Their video game sections are SHRINKING.

Gamespot/EB Games has more "nerdy" clothing, toys like special versions of Monopoly, and Funko Pops now. Gamespot/EB is trying to turn into Thinkgeek with only a little bit of vidya and are even trying to sell used tablets and phones now.

Console markets are shrinking.

sales numbers disagree, you need to do more research. less anecdote, save yourself the embarrassment.

If they aren't shrinking, why are the stores reducing their console stock? A lot of people are switching to phones and shit.

Holy fuck, step out of the basement once in a while would you?

Sales agree though. Just because some AAA sells more that doesn't mean there aren't any other titles.

Because phones and their accessories have a much higher markup percentage per unit, can be packed far more densely, and can be bought from practically any vendor to keep wholesale prices low.

His shading and "wet" textures are top-tier

ffs the terms are not interchangable. all marxists are communists but not all communists are marxists. Calling him either is laughable, all he did was raise the standards of living for poorer communities. It's a sad day in hell when helping people is "communist" now. He was a social democrat reformist.

"Not at any time. I've never joined any organization—not even the ones I've organized myself. I prize my own independence too much. And philosophically, I could never accept any rigid dogma or ideology, whether it's Christianity or Marxism. One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as "that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right." If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide." - Saul Alinsky

This is what happens when you don't read. Stay mad, Holla Forumsfags. sage for off-topic.

Most Gamestores are offering more T-shirts and autistic crap like fidget spinners, yes fucking fidget spinners, on the side, because one entire section is gone thanks to services like Steam and GoG. There is also a crash going on since 2009. The only company that rakes any profit is Nintendo. Switch is also the only system which System sellers aren't always on sale in the Gameshop I frequent whereas PS4 and Xbone superhits are always on sale.

???

Go ahead my friend, haha

thefamouspeople.com/profiles/saul-alinsky-4118.php

He devoted much of his time helping the slum communities across the nation for the next ten years of his life. He worked in communities in Kansas City, Detroit and California, to name a few.
Later in the 1930s, he worked with the industrial neighbourhood ‘Back of the Yards’ in Chicago. This led to the initiation of the ‘Industrial Areas Foundation’, dedicated to empower poor communities.
Around 1950, he devoted his time to improve the social and economic status of the African-American ghettos based in Chicago. His actions incited the hatred of Mayor Richard J. Daley.
On the request of the San Francisco Bay Area Presbyterian, he travelled to California, where he aimed to organise African-American ghettos in Oakland. However, upon hearing the news, the Oakland City Council banned his entry.
In 1971, his book titled, 'Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals' was published. This book contained guidelines for future generation of community leaders.

Yep, it's one of those (((social democrat reformist))), alright.

oh hell yeah, Holla Forums thread in my Holla Forums!
I love Holla Forums threads in my Holla Forums!
at least sage if you're going to offtopic

You mean this one fag on the MIDF who brought it up?

If he just drew portraits you'd have a point, but the focus of his art has always been in his crazy designs and ideas, which he draws very well.

Also,

Pablo also helped a community out but hey forget the rest.

Listen moron, there isn't a damn thing a company can do about a physical copy once you have it. I can still play shit I bought twenty years ago. Do you really think you can do that with anything saddled with Denuvo?

Digital doesn't have to be evil. Shit you buy from GOG is safe. DRM is the problem.

Yeah, now those communities are much better than before, look at how good the quality of life is in California, look how splendid Detroit is doing. Truly, and his efforts efforts to help the African-American ghettos has done miracles.
Wait.

No that language is called Turkish

His Vault Girls are really fucking good in general, largely because they are so miniaturized that nearly every single one of his artistic weaknesses doesn't have the chance to manifest in those drawings

I have no problem with digital, in fact I prefer it because my gifted copy of Warcraft 3 has been lost to the sands of time. But trading for something physical is much better consumer wise.

That means he is shit at shading.

Shad didn't actually draw those Vaultgirls, I think. His friend did.

He made the communities better when he was alive, the decline after his death is non-attributable, and neither are your cherry-picked images

What does Denuvo do anyway? I know it's drm but does it cause performance issues and/or leave your system open for an attack?

It constantly hashes and dehashes files as they are accessed, which basically creates thousands more read/write cycles than necessary, shredding the lifetime of an SSD significantly

The people making Denuvo make a new version of Denuvo for every request so they can keep up with being the "uncrackable" drm. Most versions cause performance issues, most recent example being Rime. Other versions require a call home to run. It's varying degrees of shit and a huge gamble whenever it's implemented.

DRM is always an anti-feature. Extra complexity layered on to reduce what you can do with a game.

this is the guy who has 10,000 posts at every forum he frequents

This is just too fucking perfect.

they say if you kill 1000 pirates you become the pirates

Moral of the story, Liberalism is a mental illness.

All piracy is license abuse. Not all license abuse is piracy. This falls under the latter category, which should be obvious to you.

the majority doesnt read these threads, they just come here to virtue signal

Go ahead, buy a physical copy of a modern game and try to play it without going through the DRM. It's a license no matter how you get your copy.

Shaking my head to be quite honest family.

Just like you!

Just ignore him, he is probably one of those faggots who genuinely believe consoles are DRM free.

Nigger, what DRM is in my NES? Before you say 'the console itself is DRM" I can just run the roms in an emulator. So, unless you are talking about the latest gen of consoles or region locking, no they don't.

Legitimate, no.
Nonharmful, yes.

Institutional piracy is where where developers lose money they might actually deserve.

Fucking the SNES had a licensed chip in each cartridge to handshake with the console.

Doesn't matter if the DRM has been cracked, it was there to begin with. This has been an arms race for decades.