Fighting Game General: Poorfag Tech Edition

Game is confirmed to be using Denuvo for it's PC release.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
Red Hood trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2lovdnOUCqg
Him, Starfire and Subzero confirmed as the first 3 DLC characters.
Both steam and console versions are out. There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
OST: mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc
PC version is up for pre-order on steam. Pre-ordering the game gives you instant access to the closed beta. The game is also 20% off if you pre-order. DLC characters are not included in the standard version.
Game is updated with the new CFN, balance patch, new trials for season pass onwers and DLCs: Ed, Vega's SFII and Bison's Stage.
Fairy Tail and Shingeki no Kyojin(including the stage) packs will be delisted from PSN, Steam and Xbox Marketplace after June 20th: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_20170522.html
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
Erika Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.
The game has been released on the Nintendo Switch.
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Tohru Sakurai, series creator of Arcana Heart, has passed away eariler this month. Examu is hiring for a new game.
Punch Planet Matches: youtube.com/watch?v=yIr2RuV-GuU
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Fight of Gods new trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=_kfPwWYnxzA
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Kemono Friends Fighter latest character trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=f6vmfguGB0w
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/kVkZk

Other urls found in this thread:

bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mortal-kombat-xl
archive.is/K5P1Q
osmar-shotgun.deviantart.com/gallery/
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
archive.is/1mjsa
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094917381/recommended/389730
steamcommunity.com/id/exenter2/recommended/389730/
rbnorway.org/T7-frame-data/
dinofarmgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/chun-sf4-full-speed.gif
68.media.tumblr.com/6536350c1c587061d36261840742b729/tumblr_nwrd5zFpcz1usrgjso1_500.gif
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=10023208&t=30258549
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Daily reminder they took best back out of Tekken.

Daily reminder that the VF5:FS PC port is coming out soon.

Templates for all!

Choose my new Under Night In-birth main for me you blacks;
Byakuya, Akatsuki or Nanase

It better be, I need to spend my Tekken 7 refund on something.

Well, indeed, and the sad part, they huelander they added is not half bad. But, they canned Christie for Chloe. Let that sink in.

Officialy or through emulations, VF5:FS will get a PC release!
I hope people can fix Vanessa after that.

Requesting someone post the webm of that move Nina does where she steps on your dick.

Don't worry my friend, lewd mods will fix her. You can customize tan in the console versions of Final Showdown anyway so you can make her skin darker if that's what you're into.

Refund it now and get better at fighting games first. You're not missing anything the first few months.

If you don't care about online then just wait for the cracked version and lewd mods.

Last game I played online was Skullgirls and that didn't go so well so I will refund and either get it in a sale or pirate it later on.

It's tekken, just mash buttons * :>) *

Refund it you igit and wait for a crack if you're gonna play it casually.

at's what being up so late does

Have you tried getting Fightcade and the pack of roms?

Well 9/11, I'm into darker skins, yeah, but also some toned bodies. For some reason, the PS2 female bodies for VF were better than the last generation ones IMO.

I would refund. Wait for the GOTY and a sale if you want it so badly.

Is the fighting games genre dying?

Oh, one thing about the T7 ending. Imagine that, Heihachi managed to take Kazuya with him, into the lava pit, and Jin was there to finish whatever survided. That would be a damn good close to the whole Mishima story, and would allow some new villain to surface.
I would like to see Zafina absorbing Azazel power as the next boss for sometime, since the world is still fucked and all of that.

tekken is fun, the lack of a general system tutorial is kinda lame though. can you piano 1,2 to option select throw escapes?

No it's just a meme from capcomdrones spouts every time capcom puts street fighter on ice

I really fucking hope Tekken and KoF start overthrowing SFV at tournaments and shit.

No, unless they changed it for some stupid reason, but I don't know why they would do it because you could never do that in Tekken.

1&2 throws can be broken with 1 or 2. You don't have to pay attention to the hands.

At first I thought you misunderstood something, but then I checked and it's real, normal throws can be broken with either punch button now. What kind of scrubbery is this?

KoF is already beating SFV in Asia for tons tournaments and in the arcade scene hype but probably won't ever beat SFV in the west because capcom shells out more prize money to keep their game at top.
Tekken 7 absolutely destroyed SFV on the PC and probably preformed even better on the consoles, if anything has a chance at over throwing SFV it's gonna be tekken 7.

Namco has been quite a disappoint, looks like the only fighter worth playing now is MKX and USFIV.

What the fuck is he even talking about? They speak 17 different languages in the main story.

MKX isn't complete trash?

That's the point, I know he will. Which means nothing is solved, again. And yet, Jun, Kunimitsu, Armor King, don't return. Hell, this is probably the last time will see True Tiger Robocop Girl. At least until TTT3.
Oh well. At least we still have older games to play.
By the way, in TTT2, how many of you prefer to go solo?

but both of those games are shit, USF4 only gets remotely fun with the remix mod

Found the problem

It's a NRS game, what do you think?

When's Jin finally gonna put it in Xiaoyu? I don't know who's worse in that respect, Jin or Andy. Probably Andy because he's passing up on a way hotter piece of ass.

Jin canonically wants to die a virgin.

Apart from the terrible new character butchering and the stupid held DLC.
The game actually solid netplay and combat system, it's fun, fast-paced and still has a sizeable community online.
USF4 works because it's the only good fighter we've had in the past 3 years or so that sill has a proper community and gameplay system, what's bad to say about it? It also has a very large sizeable roster, lots of single-player content and good design.

The way Andy's going he's probably going to be one too.

11 hours until I get to play some of Gundam Versus for one hour before getting disconnected.

Thanks Japan.

That tells me less than nothing. Got no opinion whatsoever on NRS.

It's dirt-cheap on G2A, might as well give it a shot.

Could be better, Blazblue and Guilty Gear have spoiled me in that regard.

It's me though, pls no bully
I just thought the English sounded really ridiculous.
**But I'll be honest, I'm tempted to cancel the refund, I feel like the game does have the potential to be something great and the base product is already good, but I fear that it might turn out like another SFV or something like that.

Namco's usually better about listening to their consumers, so no.

Even though I think that Tekken 7 is honestly a let down compared to most of the older games it's not nearly as bad as SFV and from the little I've played it, it's definitely playable.

I'm downloading my first fightan game for the PC, (Tekken 7), and I'm curious, do you guy try to play against each other online often? Or are these threads usually just for discussion?

Also, who is the best Tekken girl and why is it Leo?

Not dying, but being milked for every e-sports penny companies can get. Maybe once the fad dies off, fighting games can go back to being treated like a nice genre instead of a huge spectacle that welcomes anyone that knows what a video game is.

Niche genre*

Come on son. Sure Namco is a small step up from capcom but when you give "it will pay for the patches" as an excuse for a season pass and install restrictive DRM despite it being an online heavy game; they are far from listening to consumers

That's not how you spell Nina faggot

Did I say they were saints? I said they were better. Its not hard to be better than "completely ignore complaints".

Polite, over all a good sport, doesn't brag about strengthen, pretty good set of moves, balance upper tier

ass is too flat
cancelled purchase

Not really, the XL version is cheap and really full of stuff, both offline and online. It's a pretty good game. Not great as MK9, but pretty good nonetheless.

The game missed a good tutorial mode, yes, but besides that, it don't really lose to any ArcSys game, except in character design, that could be really improved in MK X
>The XL version is really, really cheap: bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mortal-kombat-xl

There is a Steam group, look into the OP. There are weekly challenges and more.
But, DENUVO.
Anyway, the best TK girl is not the german tomboy. I love tomboys, yet, I would go for "power tights" Christie.

So who was in the right, after all these years?

Soul Calibur for PC when.

You can use dolphin to play SC2.

What would Street Fighter have to do to be good again?

I had wanted to ask this question earlier in the previous thread but it seems Tekken 7's release ate up much of the discussion. I only received one response so I'm posting it again. Everyone knows SFV is trash, but SFIV seems equally unpalatable due to its overly defensive play and lack of damage. If both games are poor foundations for a lasting Street Fighter title, then which older games in the series should SFVI emulate? Assuming it shouldn't forge its own path entirely, of course.

I don't know much about Street Fighter, but if we look at Alpha 3:

Whereas in SF3 (which is effectively just Third Strike, unless there's a Second Impact Fightcade community I don't know about):

So, yeah. As I said, I know nothing about Street Fighter's history, but what would your dream design document for SFVI look like aside from obvious stuff like unfucking input lag and reneging the corporate kikery?

- Just merge the cast of alpha 3 max and 3rd strike, both have a very solid cast.
- Never really cared much for ex moves, I don't mind them being in a game, but I don't mind not having them either.
- Just have an isim that has the parry mechanic I suppose.
- No super select, just have characters have all their supers at all times.
- Give Ryu, Chun-Li and Ken their 3rd strike costumes and moves.
- Cammy in her SFII costume.
- Choose your next opponent 3rd strike style.
- 2D sprites with the fluidity and smoothness of 3rd strike animations.
- Slightly tweak the art style so that Makoto and Ibuki don't have massive hands and feet
- More Final Fight characters.

Oh you

btw tekken 7 doesn't run like shit and it's a good game

Leo isn't a girl in T7, in customization he has a beard option. A fucking shame

Still gonna wait for the crack

can a good samaritan gift this poorfag tekken 7

That'd be somewhere around 50 playable characters, wouldn't it? You aren't worried about moveset overlap or balance?
I think fireballs should be unparryable, too, with the possible exception of super fireballs. Remy is kind of a joke in 3S since his gameplan involves feeding the enemy meter.
Would you want it to be fully 2D or would something like GGXrd be tolerable? Obviously it'd be less anime and proportioned more like SFIV. If fully 2D, then should the backgrounds also be sprites or would those be okay in 3D? While I prefer sprites in stuff like this, I think SFIV had a good art style which improved as the developers became more comfortable with the engine.
Anyone in particular? Haggar is the obvious choice but it'd be neat if they pulled some obscure background character.

That's another reason why she's best girl.

I bought it using a VPN for 15 dollars. You should be able to fucking afford that

Well isn't there already moveset overlap in alpha 3 alone, but thinking more about it, yeah, it would cause problems.
But certainly Makoto, Ibuki, Urien and Oro should be in there and Yun was already added in later versions of alpha 3.

how? security is pretty tight over here don't know if I can pull it off

Dude you aren't stealing fucking government secrets you're just buying a game, I doubt anyone is going to care. To be honest I was a little paranoid too so I created a new Steam account for this, also because I couldn't access my older one because I last used it last about 5 years ago

So as this lass.

user…

also
Lucia Morgan in specific.

Can I say how much I loved the Bloody Roar series. That bat bitch got me rock hard.

Uriko a best.

(checked)
I'm more concerned about how a wider audience (I know, I know) might perceive some of the 3S characters who replaced series mainstays, like Q and Boxer. They're different enough once you get into it, but it'd be surreal seeing them in the same game. That roster may also have a lethal overdose of shotos, but I suppose that's Street Fighter.

EX moves are intriguing, since SF doesn't look like SF without them to me. Probably just make it an ism and call it a day.

YIFFE

So I'm new to tekken and I got 7 and Kazuya was who I was gonna main. except I didnt know his devil trigger thing was apart of his combos did he always have this in the previous games? Its so goofy to activate it mid combo as opposed to being a separate character.

Her, Jenny and Sheena had great second costumes.

You madman. You'd have to make some sacrifices for it to work I feel.

im guessing its new, i dont remember that happening before tag 2

I didn't play TTT2 so this might be wrong but I think it got added in TTT2, it wasn't in in previous games

Turning devil mid fight only became a thing in TTT2, they used to be separate in tekken 1,2 and tag 1.

Ok, let's try to do it fast:
Yeah, I think that's about it.

On of the issues with fighting games is that there are too many good games, and they end up competing with each other for communities more so than any other scene. Capcom has every release available in some form, SnK has every game on fightcade, solid ports of the largest games on steam, ps4, vita, and I think xbox. Tekken and Soulcaliber have their best releases avaliable off digital stores. There is Blazblue, Guilty Gear, UNIEL, Chaos Code, Yatagarasu, Marvel, Persona, Vanguard Princess, Arcana Heart, Melty Blood, Virtua Fighter and a million other fighting games that often feel very different from each other. And with every new release it loses some of the old crowd who stay behind for their favourite release, like Third Strike, '02, '98.

why does Ling speak japanese when everyone else speaks their native language?

Jin.

Because she lives in Japan and speaks Japanese.

Characters speak first language or something, which is why Lars also speaks Japanese.
Meanwhile I wish the game wouldn't crash every time it loaded Devil Kazumi. I literally complete any of the single player modes right now, tons of people have the problem and it hasn't been acknowledged yet.

Well, usually that's the case. Lei used english, because english is used in Hong Kong, but I imagine more British.
Alisa and Lars are also weird. Alisa is Russian, but build for Japanese, but works with a Swedish that speak Japanese at first… I got lost.

Christ, I don't know where the fuck I would begin, oh wait, yes I do.

MUSIC:

GAMEPLAY:

STORY:

Eltnum

Cheap and serviceable solution: get some old console stick (like SNES or PS1) and an adapter to USB.

I was wondering how that stick and pic related hold up today.

Nice

I've been using pic related for the KoF XIV CBT since they patched in Saturn adapter support

There are quite a few better options than that for the PS1.

That Namco stick may be as good as my PS1 Hori Fighting Stick (looks just like Fighting Stick 2 and Fighting Stick 3, but it seems to be rarer). That other one is good, but not as good, from what I heard.

Mine still works perfectly. I like it quite a bit. Never used any expensive fancy modern sticks and buttons, though, so I can't compare it to anything worth comparing it to.

I have been thinking about eventually building a stick into a table. Judge me.

What about this guy right here?
I think it's supposed to be really damn good.

Or this one.

Fuck. The Saturn has some fantastic controllers.

pastebin it?

Cos she's thristy fot Jin Jizz

what would make for a good fighting game.
I'm just asking hypothetically as my schedule does not allow me to work on one at the moment.

far better than the american stick

bad buttons, bad stick. I have one that was factory sealed until a few weeks ago.

You may need to be a bit more specific on what you mean.

Well, of course. When is that not the case?

- A small, but balanced roster of characters with diverse moves and gameplay, avoid clone characters.
- A solid mechanic that turns the tides of the fight (e.g. hold [DOA], parry [SF3], just defend [Garou], alpha counter [SFA], clash [AH], guard impact [Soulcalibur], etc.).
- A variety of waifus, just don't make them the main focus, a good example is KOF.
- Moves that look stylish and satisfying to perform.
- Don't go over board with supers, limit their damage output.
- Maintain a damage cap on air combos, don't make things into a juggle fest.
- No chip damage, or just do something to avoid cheap wins.
- Good stage design, make the game world come to life.
- Obviously, good music.

I think this should be general enough that it applies to either 2D or 3D, weapon based or anime.

I don't play fighting games but I play shoot em ups and other arcade games, how much of a meme is this?

It's a very good stick, no memes here. If you are going to play a lot of arcade games and you can afford it go for it.

I've noticed I've been getting more casual with my fighting games, I only really have a big interest in BB and AH at this point. I like sitting in training mode with those games which is why I guess as I don't get to play them at meetups too often.

I think at the moment it's just really poorly and lazily handled. The idea of V-Trigger and V-Skill aren't inherently bad, they're just so boring for most of the cast. Also so the removal of a lot of moves for characters sucks too. I'm particularly butthurt that Chun-li's Hazanshu isn't in and Ibuki is missing Tsumuji particularly, amongst a host of other moves.

What makes SFV fall flat a bit too is it's missing a proper universal mechanic, in 3 everyone can parry, in 4 everyone can focus and FADC, in A2 everyone has CC and the Alpha series in general had a lot of stuff that differed it like air blocking and alpha counters. SFV is missing a universal game changing element that's baked into the engine.

Good fighting makes a fighting game good.

It's a good stick and the Hayabusa lever is supposedly similar to the Seimitsu LS-32 which is a favorite for shoot em ups.

If you play arcade games you might want to consider nodding it with a circle gate (a circular restrict or plate for the joystick) to get that American arcade feel. Some fighting game players swear against them but I like them. It's just a matter of personal taste really.

Fun fact about Lei: In 3-DR his VA is Japanese and he's also Jackie Chan's dub in Japanese versions of any film he appears in. Also in case you're wondering yes, his English is in fact that good.

Oh you meant MKX. Yeah, Midway/NRS has always been good about single player. I was talking about USF4.

Who's that on the far left?

Is that supposed to be Hakan?

I own this one, it's pretty gud.

Don't worry, VF5 for pc will happen.

Darun from EX.

That's pretty amazing really!

I'm thinking about getting JoJo and 2nd Impact for the Dreamcast, maybe look forward the PS2 Darkstalkers collection, is it worth it?

Like everything else in SFV, nice ideas POORLY executed….

Is Mishima Mama Kasumi world class?

I'd create more little Kazuyas with her if you know what I'm saying.

Heihachi objectively.

This pisses me off

Jesus, who's drawing these lovely musclebrides? Are these your drawings?

Can you draw me something?

Designwise, she's by far the best new character in T7 though that's not saying anything. She's got this wholesome charm to her which is kinda refreshing.
IMO the tiger bs moves kinda ruin the character but Dragunov was probably the last Tekken character where they gave a fig about actual martial arts.

Nina's such a fuckin' cunt.
It's not your sister's fault nobody wants your dried out, cooch!

None of them are. Heihachi was always a dick before Tekken 1 by sealing his dad Jinpachi up, and even Jinpachi knew he was a dick. Heihachi killed anyone who opposed him like Michelle's father, and was a corporate scumbag who wanted to rule everything. He didn't give a shit about anyone spare Kazumi. Heihachi is only right because of bad storytelling from Harada.

Too bad they made her a psycho bitch in the story.

This is my first 3D fighter.
Spent the last hour figuring out Korean backdash.
Just wanted to say, I feel like a god since figuring this out and damn it's hard on my wrists.

archive.is/K5P1Q

I want to get into fightan but my DS4 just isn't cutting it. What's a good fight stick? Budget is $150

Greetings GigaDev! It's a friend of mine from Brazil.
He love big girls.
osmar-shotgun.deviantart.com/gallery/
Anyway, any news about your game?

If max just crouch blocked or anything he was good, what buttons was he mashing there, also why maximillion gameplay when there are actual examples of it being used of ToD from actual pro players?

Remind me again why Denuvo is bad again. I've never played a game with Denuvo on it, so I never cared enough to learn about it

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
also

Why does playing kof14 make you want to play an actual kof game?

I get the feeling that if I were to show my friends this, they'd either not care or tell me to quit being paranoid or worse, it might work for them.

Get new friends.

But it's already an actual kof game. The only kof games that are better are KoF 98UM, KoF 02UM and KoF 97
XIII is shit compared to XIV outside the beautiful sprite work.

you can also show them this if you're gonna try;
archive.is/1mjsa

Alright, let's parse this into a readable infodump because redditards can't into formatting. The MvCi roster is allegedly:
Alleged season 1 DLC characters are:
Subsequent DLC characters may be:

There may be up to four seasons' worth of DLC for this game, with more than one per year. Apparently the higher-ups had been floating the idea of having as many as four DLC seasons per year.
Season 2 DLC is apparently Fantastic Four vs Darkstalkers. Season 3 DLC is apparently more X-Men vs Street Fighter, but I'm not sure if the X-Men characters he mentioned earlier are planned to be part of this or if they are there at launch.

Street Fighter V also has some interesting plans on the horizon. Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku. If any lorefags know who the fuck these people are, you're ahead of me.

The inclusion of Q and Necro make me think this is bullshit. They're way too weird for nu-Capcom, especially to sell/promote SSFV with, but I would have said the same thing about Gil's secretary and Some Kid from Boxer's story.

I want to believe this is a ruse, but it's so specific I almost think it's real.

I typed in Alpha 3 on YouTube and that video was the first result. I thought the combination of a hadouken comboing into itself a dozen times plus his restrained salt was funny.

That's actually kind of funny, but I only hope. One of these fucks has a few games with that crap already.

Final Fight character, fortune teller or Ed's Rose or whatever that was just introduced, and Guy's master.

What the fuck is this first image?
That was meant to be the screenshot of youtube searching Alpha 3.

Well that's disappointing, had to trudge through to the second page of a youtube search which by all means no one will see it through loads of people just playing vs bots to actually find tourney footage.
Load my images right this time

Judging by the few clips I've seen of him there's no way he can handle that game unless he plays someone like Leo since he can faceroll and win. My only experience with him is the short lived Xrd sessions here before everyone jumped on the V train.

Max only plays characters that either look like him or have a generic anime character backstory.
Just to name a few.

I'd tell you who he plays but I'm not giving him views, but going off he'd most likely play Leo anyway.

This looks like the old leak but rewritten to fit the latest reveals. At the time, it had Leon but not Chris, it also had Gene and Ada and seems those got swapped out to put Jedah and a mystery character.
I'm gonna call bullshit on it.

Capcom are retarded enough to include him stripped of everything that makes him unique, so dark navy blue blood and no self-decapitation nor the Dobson super.

"We learned our lesson from SFV so pre-order now, goy!"
Very fine print: season pass does not include season pass content.

I hope so because I like those characters and they don't deserve such a fate.

It also sounds so godawful, it's completely in tune with [CURRENT YEAR] Capcom.

The sad part is not then psycho part, but the fact that Tekken needs a Verse too in order to bring all the nice ladies they keep killing.

I suck at fighting games and I've never gotten into Tekken, but I sort of want to now. Should I buy Tekken 7 for PC or PS4, this would be the first game in the series I would own.

If you want to get into tekken emulate Tekken 5 and use that to see if you want to get into the series more, it has more than enough single player content to give you a good feel for the gameplay. Never buy a new game in a genre you aren't heavily into/bad at; it always leads to buyers remorse.

Wheres the fucking source you faggots?
I know Segay is porting their games but I need something more concrete than that.
The only thing they've done with the franchise has been adding VF5 to Yakuza 6.

Yakuza PC when?

They also shat out a bunch of figmas and t-shirts

Trust me, my dad works at SEGA

I'd say PC, the community is there and is SF4 PC tier since Tekken has always been a pretty popular franchise westwards and it plays at higher resolutions than the PS4 while being a stable and good port.
Shits going to get cracked soon and we all know you won't be buying this for the singleplayer.

Thats just merchandise though

That still doing something with the franchise

Why are Jin / Devil Jin seperate when Kazuya isn't? Why are Kuma and Panda different characters? WHY ARE YOU WASING ROSTER SLOTS HARADA?
Not like I'll play anyone but Yoshimitsu anyway. Also, why no bandana for Kuma? Harada pls.

Because Kaz/Devil's movesets are basically the same, while Devil Jin has Jin's classic moveset from 3 and the first Tag.

Ah, never touched Jin so I wasn't aware. What's the deal with the bears, how different are their movesets?

No idea, they allegedly gave them a moveset, but I'm not sure whether there's any notable differences between the two bears. There's a bear user who posts sometimes, maybe he knows.

Gave them a new moveset I mean.

Anybody here have T7 on pc and ps4? I want to get it for ps4 so that itll be easier to bring it over to friends and move it in between my tv and my main room tv, but if the netcode is better on pc i'd rather get it on pc.

Actually Devil Kazuya is fully playable in T7 as a separate character, though it's against Shin Akuma who is insane to beat even on normal difficulty.

Just on PC.

I'm maining her. So far pretty gud.

Btw the bears in T7 cause consistent framedrops for me. I lowered some settings (not textures) and they still cause at least 1 frame drop randomly standing around, about 8-10 frames during rage drive just as the hit lands (but not after), and 10 or more throughout the rage art when the camera is close to the fur.

Maybe this is nothing but what if a guest character in T7 is 2B?

Best guest character suggestion/option is easily Kazuma Kiryu

Apparently it has to be a character from another fighting game series. A shame because Kiryu from Yakuza was a great idea.

I do watch him, so you can call me a fag or whatever. He does main Leo, but Raven is a very close second and is actually quite competent. Now he's trying to relearn Baiken, though he did say he needs a good 4 days to get a hang of what she is now.

Hope you niggers paid attention, the top 10 fighting games have been decided.

There, I just saved everyone from giving you views. The list is shit

Wew lad, sure is summer in here.

Practicing some Venom stuff in Rev2. Being able to control the spin of the ball is really fun, and opens up tons of new possibilities in oki.

ya blew it

Haven't heard that name in forever. Also that video came out in 2017, and it feels like in was made in 2006 or eariler.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094917381/recommended/389730

Steam is leddit that sells vidya.

Is Tekken7 good?
Doesn't have to be perfect… I'm a 3d fighter newb

Just emulate older games and wait for a sale. Don't pay full price for something you have no experience in.

It's gud.

Look, another steamcommunity.com/id/exenter2/recommended/389730/ Every criticism in this review is on point but the steamfags can't stand it.

why do you hate SFV so much

Tekken 7 bringin all the shitters out

because it fucking blows, now fuck off Ono.

what part of it blows i quite enjoy it

fag

Kiryu is an awesome character however I would forever see him as Kazuya with a heart of gold which is underwhelming for me personally. Majima would be more interesting if you're talking strictly Yakuza, baseball bat rage art would be hella fun to see.

I seem to be the only one who actually enjoys SFV gameplay. If only the netcode wasn't as shit as it is.

It being in early access still, mainly.

For the love of fuck please no. Those shitty Maximo games were bad enough. Let the franchise stay dead, Capcom.

Where's Venom 1-13? Looks neat.

I've only been playing SFV because my friend is a huge SFfag and console pleb. It's the only game we can play online together outside of the rare times he gets on fightcade on his toaster. Even though we only live a few miles apart I suffer constant rollbacks. I finally figured out that he's using wifi, he refuses to use an Ethernet cable for the moment because he's got two toddlers and lives in an apartment. When he moves later this month we're going to solve that with a proper cable run.

Anyway that seems to be 90% of the player pool on PS4 and a large majority of PC players too. That's not even takimg into account all the people behimd double NATs or networks comfigured by idiots. If you have a good network you're constantly punished for it because you get ALL of the rollback lag every match. It's so bad I've almost given up playing the game online all together. The worst part is the people on shit connections don't know and assume they are getting legit wins. I've run into tons of players in Gold or higher ranks that can only be there due to this advantage assuming they didn't rage quit their way to that rank. SFV really needs a proper messaging system or chat so you can make them aware. They just assume you quot because of their awesome skills when you don't give them run backs instead of the fact that every hit on your end turned into a block + counter or wasted ca/bar once rollback took effect. I get sick of these shit attempts at netcode when fightcade netcode is almost perfect. I hate the fucking faggots that defend capcom and say it's fine, they all probably play on wifi and shill for DRM too.

lol

postan
I decided to switch my main to Atrocitus because I click with him better
I tried out the newcomers and most of them are fine-ish but I really enjoy Kazumi out of them the most, I may have her be my Main at some point because as of now I generally play better with her than other characters, but I want a bit of time to decide if I'll go through with that.

I dunno, a whole new direction maybe?
kick Ono out and get a new head director, as for who I would not know.

Most of it is dumb impractical stuff, or little moments from real games like baiting bursts.

Oh, this guy! I've seen him before. He does some good stuff.

We've hit a snag in development so it's taking a bit longer for us to continue. Redoing the skeletons takes some time as well as trial and error to make sure everything's working right. Also our environment designer is busy. Hopefully it resolves soon.

If you really need to ask this question you're probably too stupid to understand the answer. It should be really fucking obvious.

These are always great to see.

Why wasnt there system link on DOA2 so people could play over xlinkkai. Those faggots.

If you're on PC you can alt-tab to force the rollback to their end, or at least used to be able to.

This bitch is so fucking annoying to fight, holy fuck.

Yakuza is pretty much a fighting game series tbh

I'm also thinking of maining Claudio, plays much better than I expected

Well Holla Forums, maybe you would want to play a game.
This is Holla Forums material, but there are things here that seems to be based on some fighters
Maybe it's just this, but, kind of funny nonetheless.
Sage for possible offtopic

She's annoying all around.

You're right, this is Holla Forums material. Maybe you'd like to go back there? You should.

Ok fag JK watch what you want man I can't stop you I can express my opinion on him but don't let it stop you
See when I hear this I expect when I watch him all his matches right are doing that one new player killing rekka over and over and literally none of the people he plays know they can just IB grab or in some cases full punish, while also only playing ranked where barely any good players actually appear to play.

Yo that off cam footage for a 2017 also.

I want 2B in a fighting game so I can Do cool looking combos without worrying about being high enough level to actually start juggles but low enough to have them survive long enough to keep the combo going

Killing myself.

Unlike the guy in the cartoon, Faust is a doctor, tall, and not a wimp. At least the +r version is, I don't wish to know if they ruined his personality in xrd.

Fucking knew it, but does he play people that actually know what they're doing?

it's only in spanish you sperg
i really want an english version of this show though

Go get a copy of T6 or TT2 and go ham with that?

How do people have fun playing AI opponents, it's like playing someone with inbuilt flaws they'll never improve from?

how do yall feel about ed?

personally he's probably my favorite addition to the series in years and I'll be playing him/mika until capcom wises the fuck up and GIVES ME MAKOTO

I try to forget he exists.

SON
are you brain-dead

also

>"n-no you cant talk about the most (only) relevant fighting game!! crapcom!!!! jews !!! ! ! ! !! k-KIKES !! ! ! ! "

You stick out like a sore thumb, my friend

Do you have any idea what you're doing?

Tween Ed > Roided Ed
Like his posse though

at least roided ed is still one of the leaner characters in SFV

look at him next to Ryu and the difference really shows

and yet you're the same faggots who will still buy all the DOA5 DLC costumes on waifu merits

SFV's DLC model is actually really damn generous and if you're gonna act like you're somehow entitled to optional costumes then you're a fucking lunatic

if you're too poor to buy the season passes then maybe you should just get fucking good and play the game

or don't if you really don't like it that much but don't condemn other people for enjoying a good game

Here's that word again

I didn't even say anything.

i do
how did you know?

It's not even a fraction close to as generous as SF4' business model, which was still pretty cancerous.

Just what Capcom needs. more capcucks double downing on being cunts and shilling even harder. That will make more people play your shit game.

slither back to whatever hole you came out of. Not even enough censored/esport-approved ass to convince me.

literally what? what is the issue my dude?

what is the difference between a yearly season pass and a new version released every year or two?

and you can STILL play online with people who have the passes, like it's a direct upgrade from the "multiple versions" model

but no I'm just a fucking shill for trying to have a discussion about something? Can you at least explain your reasoning?

there's aspects I like about his playstyle.
I like his charge punch, his v-skill and his super being able to connect from any hit, he's actually kinda fun from what I fiddled around with about him, which is probably only 10-20 minutes of basic lab time.
if I didn't barley touched SFV I'd probably secondary him.
maybe I still will, it's not exactly like it's going to be hard to remember his moves and whatnot.

Bit of a bad example considering the first time SF4 did that it was mechanically (hit detection and damage scaling was completely reworked to not allow 700+ damage combos and hit detection was reworked into hotboxes and not on model) functionally an entirely different game with over double the characters (12 to 25) no season pass is going to give you that much bang for your buck (also could he upgraded making it a cheaper buy for people who already owned)

The difference is that SFV still expects you to buy the base game first, which only contains 16 of the characters instead of the whole roster up to that point and the game still isn't feature complete anyway. Currently to get all 28 characters (including the upcoming ones) it's $40 on steam, then an additional $20 for S1 characters and $30 for S2 characters.

The problem is that SFV tried to go for a "pay only for who you want" model but still charges you big money for the vanilla 16 characters and the ability to play the game in the first place, of which for example I hated every single one of them.

This is why people expect it to go F2P at some point. It's current model is counter-productive to what it's trying to achieve, and it's not getting enough sales to warrant continuing this.

What are some fighting games with good single player content?

Hey buddy, SRK forums are 2 blocks down

but you dont have to shell out cash for the fucking characters

it's a steep price to pay but you can still get the fucking characters with fight money, and you dont have to buy the fucking season pass ,you can just shell out a few bucks on whichever character suits your fancy

I wish you could use them in training without having to buy them but I really dont see the issue

and the SFV base roster is only slightly smaller than the vanilla SFIV roster, so I dont see the base roster being an issue at all, especially considering how the development times for characters have gone up throughout the years as technology advances, AND sony rushed the game's release

and you can get one or two characters if you

thats enough for at least one character guaranteed

a real fucking slog but it gives a ton of FM

in reality it's a nonissue

Simple enought. 20 dollars or more for a costume for every character in SF4 with all the colors. And now its add in 24 dollars for the "capcom pro tour" colors and stages (wew) and hopefully they will keep making chunli outfits, gay costumes for the guys, and … completely forget about costumes for anyone else while totally forgetting to work on necessary features for people to continue playing their game. at the rate they're selling costumes for SFV, when they catch up to SF4 it will be the dead or alive prices you just harped on. I haven't been liking modern business models and I found SF4 to be bullshit so when SFV came around, it's business model became croc of horseshit for me too.

It's total fucking bullshit and you're out of your mind if people are going to put up with it and keep throwing money at that damn game.

It's totally unecesary since we didn't have to do it in SF4

it's an issue among a ton of other issues the games has

I'm trying to do a Paul combo I've seen on Tekken Zaibatsu but I'm having trouble.

qcf+1; d/f+1~b, 4; S! ; qcf+1; qcf+2

I don't know what the fuck S! means.

It's for screw, like B! was for bound

Can you guys recommend a cheap arcade stick or tell me the difference between expensive and cheap sticks?

I bought attached one for 30 bucks and it died in less than a year. Vertical down is not registered properly which means I can't block shit. Now there are those 200+ ones, very expensive shit, how exactly are they better? Because I do not believe that they make you play better, so what justifies that high price?

You still have to pay $40 for the incomplete game though.

the expensive ones are really high quality materials that generally dont break, and usually are extremely customizable with widely available resources to do so

cheapo sticks are made with cheap proprietary parts that cant easily be swapped out for higher quality parts like sanwa buttons, and might actually register inputs less efficiently

costly sticks are also just more comfortable, some of them have fancy features like desk clamps

like you're asking the difference between a 2001 madcatz xbox player 2-ass controller and a mint condition xbox 360 pad my dude

there's just no comparison

Generally the build quality and extra features like touchpad for ps4 and switches for things like turbo button settings and switching what the stick is registering as for a controller (left stick or right stick or dpad).

but there is a huge price difference here, a cheap ass fake xbox controller is maybe 19 while the original shit costs 29-39 or something like that. We are talking about 39 vs 200 here. I don't know, but this feels a lot like audio cables to me.

nah, trust me man

the difference is more than worth the investment

I even customized my TES+

I'm a newfag to tekken, thanks.

The d/f+1~b,4 is a screw attack. I'm guessing it wants me to do Paul's other screw attack after that, which is b+1,2, but after that I don't see any way in hell to pull off a qcf+1 or qcf+2. I have the recovery display turned on in training mode and by the time I've recovered and can sway forward 2 the opponent is already getting off the ground. Am I just doing stuff too slowly?

It doesn't, the notation denotes that if you've done it right you're going to put the opponent in the screw state after you do the d/f+1~b,4, afterwards do QCF+1, QCF+2

You probably just need to replace a switch. Time to learn to solder.

Alright cool, thanks. I can get up to the qcf+1 ez but I can't land the Deathfist. I'll try and work it out for a while but if I can't I'll just end the combo with deathfist instead.

For one, they're not tiny lightweight pieces of shit. A bigger size and a heavy weight makes it a lot more comfortable for most people. The more expensive ones nowadays use good parts from either Sanwa, Seimetsu, or Hori. The one you used were probably shitty inhouse ones which explains why it broke so fast. You can get a good stick for ~150 USD. maybe less if you can get a coupon during a major. See . Most sticks nowadays you can definitely mod it as you see fit too. Don't like a Sanwa JLF? Shove a Seimetsu LS-56 in there. Hate the Sanwa buttons? Put in some Seimetsu buttons. This also means it's easier to service your stick. As long as you're not a retard who throws your stick, your stick should last you forever. That ~150 you spend will last a long time, and you don't have to keep replacing shitty cheap sticks whenever they break. It's not about playing better, it's about being more comfortable and serviceable.

If you're still cheap, just fix the switch like says. There's no telling what other switches might break in that stick if they're really in house parts.

Just practice until you get it right, you're a scrub at Tekken, so trust me when I tell you that it's better to sit in training mode for hours to get the timing for combos right than just half-assing it because the half-assed combos will stay in your muscle memory.

Yeah I have a long grueling fucking slog in front of me to get good. I have no fucking idea what frame data is in this game and even when I start learning I'm probably going to need to stick a hard drive in my head to keep track of the frames of over 9000 moves in this game.

Who here actually plays Tekken on a stick? I use a PS3 pad even though for every other game I go stick. Movement on a dpad or analog is so much better to me, and it's so crucial to Tekken that I can't bring myself to use anything else.

hitbox I love it but it fucking kills me that it's impossible to get a plexi or artwork for it.

It won't come to that till high level play. Casuals usually use really small amount of moves

You think that's bad? You should've been there when TTT2 came out. I've been playing since Tekken 2 and that game still makes my head spin due to how many fucking characters there are and how much shit you gotta remember, especially when someone shows up with a character nobody plays in your scene or in general. I was also a Lei main and since he's canned in 7 and you probably don't know who he is, basically Lei can launch different attacks when his back is turned, from 5 different animal kung fu stances, drunken stance, phoenix stance, crouched snake stance along with having special attacks he can launch when he's lying on the ground, which depend on which of the 4 grounded positions he's in (whether his feet are toward or away from the enemy and whether he's face up or down). The closest thing you'll get in 7 is Yoshimitsu.
Even then a lot of moves are complete shit and at low levels you're not going to run into anyone who can play any of the more complicated characters well enough and with simple characters they'll usually get stuck in a pattern they'll repeat over and over.

Well so far I've just been fucking people up who are clearly better than me by doing 50/50s with Demoman and mid launchers into juggle. I'll see how far that can take me.

Well, the thing is that Paul is a really straightforward character, but he ends up being kinda one-dimensional. I also recommend you fish for counterhits with his deathfist, that shit is always fun to do (not to mention the massive damage).

I get that, the hitbox is probably great for tekken since it's 95% single directions and no motions (partly why I enjoy dpad so much). I think that shit would be super uncomfortable for me, but whatever works I guess.
I also don't really think I could tranfer my layout onto a stick of any sort without totally fucking my muscle memory.

Is there an 8 Chan discord for Tekken 7?
Let's get to making one.

I wish other people would learn.

Oh I know.
Any advice for trying to deal with people putting me in blockstun with jab strings? It feels like if I try to backdash or sidestep I just eat shit, so I usually end up blocking until they open me up or they fuck up and I start going ham, but it's usually the former that happens.

You can always try a character with reversal and/or parry

You should be able to able to block while backdashing IIRC.
You could also try high crush moves if they're abusing high jabs that much.

Duck and punish the whiff. Alternatively, as far as I remember Paul has high/mid attack reversal, it's b+1+3 or b+2+4. Reversals can be reversed, which is called a chicken, but from my experience a lot of scrubs are getting into Tekken right now and a lot of people who were into fightans before have 7 as their first game so don't expect most people to know what a chicken is, let alone how to do it, especially so close to launch.

the fuck kind of insecure non sequitur is this

i've been playing on pad when i'm too lazy to plug in my hitbox. certain things like ss into wavedash feel way more natural on a pad but double presses are awkward. dash canceling looks so much harder on a proper stick

rbnorway.org/T7-frame-data/

they don't denote what is and isn't a natural combo unfortunately. you really don't need to know the frames every move just as long as you have a general sense of advantage/disadvantage/high/mid/low/linear/homing and know which of your moves to use for punishes

there's one for /fgg/

jab strings tend to have lots of highs, figure out where you can duck and jab punish. if a particular string or mixup is fucking you up, go into training mode and figure out how to counter it. i've probably spent more time figuring out counters than learning combos so far. fuzzy guard will also help

Will a while crouching attack duck it or do I need to duck into full crouch and do something to punish? I don't think Paul has anything from full crouch that does much on counterhit.

is leo a boy or girl
i need to know before i look them up on sad panda

Leo is a ape.

dont paly with me like that

Not sure about Paul, but yes there are attacks that crush highs because they duck under them, similarly there are attacks that crush lows because they jump over them.

Was a girl in TT2 but a boy now. He can have beard in this game + I'm sure his voice actor changed, sounds a lot more boyish now

Dead fucking genre.

I really hope that they're sticking to her already established gender.
I get that the idea behind the Leo is to have people enjoy the character regardless of gender, but reverse trap Leo is already established, it's already grown on me, fuck.

Glad for him, to be honest, even if I'm not a Tekken fan.

It's OK, user..I suck at fighting games too but I still play them for fun. Besides, it's Tekken..not like it had complex controller movement for the moves.

If there's one thing I'm glad for Tekken, it's teaching me to discipline my movements better. It feels like to me every movement I make has more impact than it does in 2D games, very weighty and important.

Leos gender will change every title from now on a would place hard money on it

If you can't explain it you're the stupid one

When you bought each new version of SFIV you knew which new characters were being introduced.

Why can't Capcom and Sony of all companies figure how to make the development process more efficient? Why does the game look worse than SFIV?

Keep in mind this is a luxury product. If you're going to make the investment, be smart and spend enough money (around $150) to get a stick that'll last as explained.

This is hell.

You can pick up almost brand new second hand sticks for a good price, you get a lot of people thinking they'll be the next Daigo only to sell it a month later.

Tekken's movesets are quite overshelming for someone who's just starting off with the series. How do I git gud at this?

Practice

soul calibur

Sure, but that's easier said than done when I have no clue whatsoever where to start from, and what to focus on. Would some pre-Tekken 7 references still be relevant?

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

I don't get what exactly you're having problem with, memorizing the movesets of characters? That will come with time obviously

Easy. Just do this way.

Question: When I find myself stuck in one of Eddie/Zato's combos, I find myself panicking and trying to mash my way out. I know this is a bad habit, but how do I stop this habit?

If i'm getting into KoF which should i play first?

what a ugly nigger

I think 98 and 2002 are good kof games to start with. They're both on fightcade.

Street fighter Alpha/Zero 3 Max (PSP)

With fightcade you can play 97,98 and 2002 for free online
If you start to get a good feel for things then your options are;
98UM and 2002UM are on sale on steam right now.
XIV itself is a great entry point if you're willing to pony up the extra cash.

- Soul Edge & Soulcalibur & II & III
- Tekken 3 & 5 & 4 & Dark Resurrection & 6
- Guilty Gear Isuka
- Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution & 5
- Mortal Kombat Deception & Armageddon & 9
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
- Naruto games

Thanks

what about 13?

13 is a beautiful game, but because of the sprite cost the gameplay takes a huge hit. Smaller roster, some characters are literally head swaps and there is alot of characters missing signature moves to save animation costs
It's fine to play, but you'd be getting a nerfed experiences of what KoF is

Did I go too far?

I enjoy 11, but how teams work is a bit different than most games. I really want a pc port so I can play my team online.

Well, the two are supposedly good friends.
If it make Ono (or Capcom) wise up in the future that makes it work it. But we all know that won't happen

you did good

*worth it

I would say yeah. But the fact that Capcom have left no way of actually communicating to them besides shitposting about them or shitting on them on twitter, this would seem to be a reasonable thing to do.

Is this game just dead or is it bad somehow?

I haven't played that in years.

okay now you're just being retarded

SFV is one of the best looking games of recent years, easily

some of the characters have some weird model quirks sure but when you look at characters like zangief or ed or balrog the game really fuckin sparkles

I only play pic related now since the PS4 port has a decent community.

It's slightly better than SF4 but it's nowhere near "one of the best looking games of recent years", not even fucking close. Even VF5:FS still looks better

Literally every other "Modern" fighting game out right now looks better then it.
Also.

sf4 is the older game that's granted but you're cherry picking at this point
your game is still shit

I played it very casually and I found it fun. I don't know if there is a community or a wiki to get good with.

As someone coming from SkullGrills and SFV pls no bully the Tekken 7 move list and sheer amount of combos make my head spin. I am also having a hard time doing even the most basic combo.

I'm like 999% certain the style was developed around clay and stone statues of the renaissance era

just cause it doesnt look like your anime shit doesnt mean it's wrong for being how it is

it's not even the first time it's been done

the vast minority of SFV models are ones that look kinda bad. I could count them on one hand

literally every other character model in this game doesnt have any problems

also the gifs were corrupted because i had to scale them down to fit the filesize

here's the actual gifs
dinofarmgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/chun-sf4-full-speed.gif
68.media.tumblr.com/6536350c1c587061d36261840742b729/tumblr_nwrd5zFpcz1usrgjso1_500.gif

Even if he isn't one and is just pretending to be retarded you should give him (you)s.

*shouldn't

I only liked IAMP, the other games were like being stuck in easy mode in a marvel game. Was shit to play

There's an active IRC - #hisouten at Rizon. Wiki - hisouten.koumakan.jp.

I could play you right now, if you'd like. Kinda bad though.

DELETE THIS

Muh Tiny Akuma

to follow up to this I want to talk about animation quality

SFIV is fucking STIFF
SFV is arguably comparable to 3rd strike (barring certain cartoon animating techniques that arent accomplishable/are difficult to accomplish in 3d)

everything in SFV is incredibly fluid and natural, and you can see the difference in this video lmao

Goddamn she was a fun 1cc.

Play someone with smaller movelists, like Kazuya or Kazumi

Which those touches of animation make 3rd strike animations much better than V. You can argue it, but SFV animations pale in comparison to 3rd strike animations.

oh yeah for sure, but for a 3D animated game it's phenomenal

take a look at characters like rashid and alex, they animate beautifully in SFV, every frame feels perfect

it will never be on par with 3rd strike but for 3D animation standards it's phenomenal, some of the best

Someone post the cammy-copter webm

wow rude

LOL IVE SEEN THE FUCKING CAMMYCOPTER

HOW DID CAPCOM LET IT HAPPEN

for a game that animates so beautifully that fucking move sticks out like a sore infected thumb, they're missing five stages of the animation

Most characters have top 10 moves which are applicable for a variety of situations and the rest of the movelist is either situational or useless. Since 7 is your first Tekken approach movesets like I told you to, try looking at pro gameplay and look at which moves they do all the time, which ones they do situationally/occasionally and which ones they rarely or never do. Also for your first character don't pick a character with stances.

Kind of a party game since cards and weather are so random, but still quite fun.

Ed's animation quality is pretty bad compared to the rest of the game. There's probably no good animators left on the skeleton crew of SFV's sinking ship by now. Which is a shame, because most characters are reasonably well animated.

ed doesnt look bad to me

his low short is goofy but overall he animates really well

I was thinking either Asuka or the bear.

Butt

Only knowledge I have on that is this twitch clip someone sent me.

SFV is slower then SFIV on average *

Dunno about bears, but Asuka is a pretty good defensively-minded beginner character since she has a high/mid counter which has a huge active window (the largest in the game). An important piece of advice I can give you is not to get into the bad habit of playing too defensively. Especially regarding her counter, the counter can be countered, which is called chickening (though a lot of scrubs are getting into Tekken so most of them don't know this) and some moves (Knees, elbows, body checks, shoulder charges etc.) can't be countered either. When you get to a high enough level people will be able to predict your counter and chicken you, when you get to that level I advise you to only use your counter very sparingly.

SFIV is a slow game lmao

ridiculously defensive

in fact that video was showing that they were comparably fast if not SFV being slightly faster

and there's a fucking laundry list of shit SFIV does that makes it a genuinely bad game

like son are you blind

also if you cant even notice the subtle parts of the animations that make them leagues better than SFIV you might want to get your eyes checked

yes cammy's air throw has a bad animation but are you seriously so fucking stupid to say that somehow one animation = "SHIT THE ENTIRE GAME IS POORLY ANIMATED"

the animators made a mistake, whoopee
that doesnt somehow magically make the rest of the game poorly animated

Thanks user-sama. My original idea was to try Yoshimitsu but he seems way too complex right now.

I'm fucking shocked. Tekken kicks SFV's ass with online.

And SFV is slower
Only time characters were faster were during tech animation, every comparason on the 4 side they recovered and got back on the aggressive faster (Something a game with defensive options can justify having)

He is. Honestly when it comes to the age-old "who should I main?" question I say main the character whose playstyle looks the most interesting to you, even if it is someone like Yoshimitsu, but in the case of a character like Yoshimitsu I recommend you only start learning gim when you get all the fundamentals down and understand all the systems, if you don't grasp the fundamentals and all the ins and outs of the system, starting out with someone like Yoshi will only get you into a lot of bad habits.

why are you stuttering when quoting me? are you alright?

Wow SFV players really can't into defensive options huh.

Yoshi, Steve, Hwoarang, Nina, Master Raven, to some degree Mishimas. I don't think I forgot anyone else, you should stay away from playing(and against) these characters until you understand the mechanics of the game completely and are somewhat competent at the game

I mean it really feels like your definition of "faster" is "more inputs per combo" which is identifiably false, complex button combinations doesnt make a game deep or fast, it just makes things look flashier on screen

SFIV's footsies are totally dulled and fucked by focus attacks, combinations generally consist of several light normals linked and then topped off with a special of some sort

SFV doesnt have the same crazy flashy combos that SFIV has but by nature of not having focus attacks the neutral is immediately more complex, whiff punishing is a real thing that isnt negated by just focus attacking and dashing out

SFV is also a more aggressive game which doesnt come without its flaws, but you go in more in SFV than you do in SFIV because defensive options arent as potent

fireball wars in SFIV are relatively boring because there's so much less risk associated with throwing a fireball. in SFV throwing a fireball isnt just a challenge for your opponent to overcome, it's an invitation for your opponent to punish you. you're still limiting their options, buit at certain ranges you're putting yourself at enough of a disadvantage to be punished for throwing out fireballs willy-nilly

in SFV you get out of neutral really quickly, there's a lot of corner carry with every confirm and just one good whiff punish or low confirm can end in pretty big damage and carry your opponent really far into a disadvantageous stage position.

Not that I think poor defensive options are a good idea, in fact I already know a few things I'd change about SFV if I had a chance to allow defensive play to be a little bit less difficult

it feels like every match ends in a stun nowadays, it's really too punishing when you make one wrong guess during a blockstring or whatever

if I'm spending v-meter to get you off me I shouldnt be able to just have that shit baited and punished, that's not "depth" that's just frustrating

it's all too easy to hit a v-reversal at an inopportune time and just waste the meter

my opponent should have to work to turn that white life into real damage, right now they can just hit me with a blockstring and several seconds later clip me with a normal and it barely regenerated by that point, so what wouldve been a regular normal dealt the damage of a light confirm

also the way you respond to all my posts just shows how little real personality you have, you spend all day on video game imageboards and you act like it, the way you try to bring people down by making up quotes for them and painting them without any mental fortitude or confidence in their opinions, and greentexting literally every fucking thing you want to say

please, develop a personality son

Again ignoring points I addressed why it was faster due being able to recover faster and get back into aggression faster but here you are, just making up things to have a point to retort to.
Oh boy here comes the "This just shows how X" option select.
Nice projection, I only come in the fighting game threads (or threads with fighting game in the OP) when I have a Ramlethal Combo Or in this threads case failure to show off as webm but I avoid this place most the time because honestly time spent here is time not playing fighting games.
Because you clearly don't have mental fortitude in your points and opinions, your last 2 comments are perfect examples, instead of addressing points the first time you ignore it trying to change the subject and in this comment you just ignore my points and make your own points to address ignoring the subject of how fast the game is because it's easier for you to debate yourself then me clearly.
I'm sure it's ok when you do it though :^)

I don't even know why you guys keep trashing SFV and praising SFIV when 4 is worse than 5.
Sure, they are both bad, but 4 is worse in every aspect except the netcode not being as god damn awful as 5.

Let's go in a tl;dr so I can fuck off and do something else:

There a fast comparison. If I wanted to play a SF I would be playing any of the Alpha games or Third Strike, but stop sucking the dick of 4 because it's shit.

Hello fellow (1) poster.

(checked)

Don't you fucking dare to dismiss arguments just because someone didn't post on this exact thread before

are you literally dumb

I'm genuinely convinced you know nothing about fighting games and now I'm done responding to you

4 at least has the remix mod to make the game fun. 5 has nothing

It doesn't footsies and play styles are played at the speed the game allows not the game speed is as fast as the playstyle and footsies allow.
Hehe, bye.
Nice spacing BTW.

I want to fuck that frog girl.

Behind every (50) there are 50 (1)s

We both know that noone was talking about mods but the game per se, mods can change a game quite a lot.

We all know that Skyrim without mods is just utter and complete shit, meanwhile with mods it can be a decent Eroge. Because no mod can fix the shit game they wanted to make.

Then we have beauties like STALKER that are amazing games and them mods that surpass it even further.

I don't really think so.
I would not be defending 5 that hard, It's just that 4 is worse but people tend to lick it because it's their first fightan

thats why you play skyrim as a stealth game

for an open world game skyrim's stealth is pretty fucking good

No one is saying 4 is good, they`re saying it`s better then 5
TFW more chapters of tomochan finally coming out

SFV play thinks skyrim can be pretty fucking good by any standard, makes sense. Reminder you can cap out stealth magic by spamming muffle everywhere you go making stealth literally impossible to fail

Until you level up to much and the AI goes full retard. The camera following the arrow during a long distance killing shot is cool though.

I can't right now, but now I know where to go when I get the basics down, thanks user.

Oh I know, I just personal view both games as equally fucking terrible but for different reasons; SFV for the obvious reasons and SFIV for being the most fucking sterile fighting game since when the genre first cropped up.
The only way I could say one is better than the other is if mods are thrown into the mix.

thats why i dont use muffle

IM NOT SOME EASYMODE FAGGOT

im a normal-easymode bi-curious folk

yeah it's too easy at later levels, dwemer ruins are still fun though

He does not use the tools the game gives to their fullest application
He play normal / easy
I thought this was a board for people who play video games.

i was making a joke that not using muffle is still easy, I wasnt saying i play on normal/easy mode literally

literally just stack sneak buffs and get the shadowcloak of nocturnal buff

I could be playing on expert and it wouldnt make a difference

More Venom

i fucking love watching GG but I dont have the patience or mindset to learn it

same with MvC (except i dont even like watching that dumpster fire, infinites are fucking boring)

I wish there was a new CvS game to celebrate the release of KoFXIV and just because it's the best fuckin crossover fighter ever devised by mankind

I've been looking at some resources online about the fundamentals but it is painfully sparse. How different is 7 from previous installments? Will looking up the fundamentals of 3 or 5 fet me where I need to be in terms of the core mechanics?

You should also visit touhou general, there's occasionally soku games up from time to time.

If you like CvS2 so much go to the god damn Discord, I'm dying to find more players to play on Dolphin

link?

I havent actually played much CvS besides EO on xbox but it's such an intriguing game to me that a new installment would be fucking killer, I need a CvS game with rashit of the flatulent wind

actually, having 3rd strike characters would be sick too, imagine makoto or necro killin it in CvS

and there could be aesthetic consistency since it would be a 3D game, as opposed to the mish-mash of sprites CVS2 was comprised of

The only major differences are:
S! which is the new screw mechanic
Normal throws can now be escaped with both 1 and 2 now, it used to be 1 for left throws and 2 for right throws
All this new rage crap

Otherwise, the game uses the same core mechanics as 5, there are a few minor differences, but nothing that actually changes anything too much (for example before 6 if you mounted somebody you got 5 mounted punches, the first and fourth being escapable, now it's only 4, but both the damage and the escape timing are the same.

Read the god damn OP

I'll give you there all the info and links needed to get you started

this is what killer animation looks like

Stop mashing.

Who thought this character was a good idea? He and Alisa both need to be taken out immediately.

have you tried getting good?

i used to think magaki from KOFXI was the worst fighting game final boss but i was wrong

>refills his super instantly fukken yeet fighter get outta my tekken REEEE that means you too eliza

all that after kazuya kills mr. "did nothing wrong" himself heihachi really jostled my jeffries - not like he'll be dead for long, of course. heihachi truly had a hard life, he had to kill his waifu and his son is a total shit.

it would be a fun power level fight if they didn't gimp the player too but hey

When will this be a clothing option for Asuka?
When are the lewd mods coming?
I hope they fix Asuka's face.

Fucking hell why is there only 1 revenge match allowed per ranked game? It should allow each player to revenge match at least once because right now the initial revenge matcher it's pretty much "kthxbye" from them if they win and you feel like you've been robbed. I get that it could be abused by leaderboard and rank booster faggots but who cares, deal with them after the fact when there's clear data showing that. This shit punishes legit players.

i haven't been able to connect to a single ranked match in t7 although i did a bunch player matches just fine, i only want one ranked match for my goy trophy too

I really enjoy street fighter becasue it's really easy to understand the concepts but difficult to master them

is T7 like that? can I pick up the game and understand it on a conceptual level? will learning be fun? will it be difficult to master but easy to understand?

I can't deal with games that bombard me with an overload of gameplay concepts and mechanics, DOA5 is guilty of this of just having way too fucking much to learn.

also please tell me there are funky bangers like this in T7

Tekken has a lot of odd universal mechanics but it's easy to understand after a little practice.

all previous tekken soundtracks are in tekken 7 for use

I'm always here and there. Holla Forums is a fine board to be in general.

And speaking about games, juggle cat can be quite damaging.

This is bullshit of the highest level.

almost everything looks bad on leo save for his/her regular jacket now

>this was going to be the second costume I made after the Musketeer one because I have a huge softspot for past centuries clothing
I expected a lot more from the customize character for this game, it's really just a copy of the TT2 version of not slightly better or worse depending on the character.

What are the main gameplay differences between Guilty Gear and Blazblue?

Okizemi also got changed, now you can't roll backwards you just get up guarding if you try that. Also power crushes got added

Also according to what some lads found in Tekken 7's pc files:
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=10023208&t=30258549
First DLC is Tekken Bowl and shit

i'm gonna develop a lotta bad habits fighting through endless CPUs to get a hoodie for josie, but i'm glad they have endless-CPU in this since really why the hell isn't there a mode like that in all fighters

turning the TF2 scout into rock howard

here's an update on that

So approximately how much would it cost in Cucknadian dollars to build a serviceable fightstick? I was considering buying an RAP V Kai, but it doesn't look very customizable and frankly I'd rather not pay $190 if I don't have to.

Why is the T7 soundtrack so terrible?

It depends on how much you know how to make and do by yourself. The prices I'm using are in USD for my convenience, so convert them on your own. It takes ~20-30 USD for 8 buttons and ~20 USD for a stick of your choice. A select, start, and whatever else buttons you want will cost a bit more too. Now you need a PCB of your choice for about ~40-90 USD. So the parts that you can't build yourself are going to cost about at least 80-100 USD. Now you need to build/get a case. If you don't have tools you'll need to buy them or you'll need to pay someone to do it for you. You can use metal or wood or whatever, but you need to be able to cut holes into it. This part depends on how much you can do by yourself so I won't list a price.

tl;dr Depending on your PCB and how you end up getting your case, you might not actually save that much money.

They knew it was shit so they at least had the sense to allow you to change it, same with TTT2

Fair enough. I know jack shit about building these kinds of things, so I'll just take what I can get, I suppose.

There's maybe one or two tracks I like in what I've heard so far. There was one, I forget which, that starts off great and gets fucking ruined by wubs or whatever that shit's called.

if you're gonna get a RAP V Kai, just go with a TES+

hori uses proprietary parts that are harder to replace, including a stick gate nobody else uses

the TES+ is only about 10 bucks more and is significantly more customizable

I got a TE2+ and I couldn't be happier with it. You can practically take it apart completely and replace all parts with different ones if you're so inclined.

The newer characters in SF4 have smoother movement. Is Ed or Balrog closer to Dudley ?

For how long though?
Is the online even properly playable right now?

The netcode is fucking beastly when it works compared to SFV where it's shit when it finally scrounges up a player from the depths Brazil after 10 minutes.

No cross-play, though?

No crossplay because console producers are faggots. SFV only has crossplay and a PC release in the first place because of a deal with Valve that Capcom or Sony had.

That is the scary thing. If somehow Tekken remains having many active players, great, but the chances are not good.

You're kidding right? Tekken is just as popular if not more popular than Street Fighter. Sales figures prove that.
Plus Tekken 7 actually works compared to SFV that gets worse with every update, that's the main reason everyone keeps jumping the ship.

I don't even fucking like Tekken and I can tell the community is gonna hold up

Fighting games have been way too dead on PC for way too long for me to believe it just yet.

Is there a way I can send my opponent message in Tekken on steam?

Let's hope the next thread doesn't get swarmed by SFV fags. See you guys then.

You think this is bad? Wait till capcom puts the series on ice again, then they'll fill the thread with "GUYS FIGHTING GAMES ARE DEAD" like the same "darkage" bullshit they spouted last time

CvS3 could be cool, but I feel the need to insult you since you're asking for a new one without even playing CvS2.

Blazblue shows damage numbers underneath the combo counter, not my cup of tea.

I don't get why people would want a CvS3 still when modern capcom would be the one leading the development. I'd rather see something like Sega vs SNK or some other crossover just built on the same principles as CvS

Yeah your brain is stronger than mine this morning. Sign me up for Sega vs SNK. The Capcom snub could be extra spicy.

I'd like to see something flashy from Sega, after the incoming VF5FS PC port:

Dengeki kinda doesn't count, since it's just Akira and the titty monster from Valkyria Chronicles.

I wouldn't mind something like Fighters Megamix but exclusively Virtua Fighter vs Fatal Fury. You could easily work FF characters movesets into a 3D environment thanks to the alley system the FF had

I counter you with Streets of Rage instead of Virtua Fighter.

Bare Knuckle x Burn Knuckle

Whose knuckle will reign supreme?

Correct your filename. He is saying "Let me teach you which is the best (hand-to-hand) martial arts - karate."

Is that it? That seems like a pretty minor thing. It also seems like that would be something you could turn off.

No, that's just what i noticed as a spectator. GG is more popular atm, fwiw. BB crossdressing is funny.

Do you send/accept rematches? You fucking should

I know, my filename is basically like a question and the answer is in the webm.

what if the final definitive version of street fighter 5 let you choose grooves like CvS?
a SFIV groove for focus attacks and splitting supers/ultras
SF3S groove for parrying and multiple super stocks
SFA for different ISMs and those crazy combos you get out of em
and SFV groove for V-System and 3-bar CA
all balanced to compete on equal grounds of course

Impossible, because that would require effort on Capcoms part.

Are you halfasleep?

By the way, does Tekken seriously have unlockable attacks?

N

E

W

T

H

R

E

A

D