>tfw playing this after BotW

Better dodge this bullet, guys.

Uninstalled after five minutes. Gameplay seemed horribly boring already too and the graphics look like overstylyzed indie trash. Also that tryhard Hobbits meets Zelda soundtrack.

Wasn't it confirmed that it ran like shit because of Deunovo?

Don't think so.

What is wrong with developers these days, though? What kind of shit do they put into their games to make them run like this despite shit graphics?

BotW on Cemu literally runs better at this point, is 10,000 times bigger and looks much better. A fucking broken emulator.

Shaders.
Lots & lots of Shaders!
Also Pajeets doing the programming.

Partially yea, the game is still un-optimized even without it though.

It uses Unreal Engine 4.
Too bad you have fucking "anti-piracy" faggots hanging around at every corner.

It's pretty uncommon to see this particular shilling tactic being used for an indie title but that's exactly what's been taking place here since the day before yesterday.

Zero Optimization.

And the best part, it's not even limited to indie devs.

Postal Redux runs like absolute shit and requires a 2015 or newer processor AND windows 10 to run properly.

PC gaming has gone backwards.
Console gaming has gone sideways.

The only winners are people who play strictly old games, and even then they're still losers because of GWFL fucking over so many games– some with easy fixes others with not so easy.

Get fucked.
This place would be a lot better if people posted about things they liked more than things they dislike.
And as a bonus, shit games that rely on word-of-mouth for publicity would die out sooner if none mentioned them.

You are the very problem you are complaining about.

you are unironically gay

You will be slaughtered with the rest of the queers.

Reported.

Fucking die.

Reported. All faggots will be slaughtered.

Reported. All faggots will be slaughtered.

That's legitimately the first time I've seen such a thing described as shilling. Not to mention you're the first (and only) person itt to say "the devs said they'd remove denuvo if it got cracked". Once everything is shilling, nothing is.

now kiss

Rockstar uses negative controversy to advertise their games whats stopping some shitty developer from imploring a similar method?

So OP you're saying there isn't a Rime or reason to play this game?

No such thing as bad publicity.

I think it was confirmed or that the performance was better without it. Even then dont forget that games are bloated as fuck on top of that, with fucking Call of Duty taking up 70GB despite the visually barely looking better than Black Ops 2.

I understand now.

Do you not know how to use the catalog? There's already a thread up.

Reminder that there is report button

GWFL
Why do people complain about this so much?
I have literally never found a GWFL game that was worse than steam/origin or uplay uplay and that's saying a lot…

because its the same chicken little mindset as steam or denuvo where if/when the servers go down the games don't work cause it's not like anyone's ever patched it out like GTAIV or DaS

I was hoping this game wouldn't be absolute trash, oh well, I wish it had just stayed on PS4.

min specs only reflect the lowest spec system the developers tested the game on, not the actual minimum specs required to run the game.

I hate having to explain this, but things like textures take up a fuckload of space because of their nature, they always go up 2x in texture size which is 4x the pixel count, you can compress them quite well but there is still a large jump in file size between a 1024*1024 texture, e.g. last gen to a 4096*4096 texture e.g. this gen, and now we've moved to pbr, which is even more textures, normal, microsurface, albedo, reflectivity, then you get other things, sss mask, transparency mask, wrinkle maps, then poly counts have gone through the roof, some games are easily breaking 100k poly's, the main characters in FFXV are 100k poly's with a 20k poly hair mesh, although some games have 7 stages of LOD on top of this.

File sizes have bloated, and the uncompressed audio is largely a meme that popped up around the end of the last gen because developers trying to wring as much performance out of their games as possible would use uncompressed to save cpu cycles for things that aren't decompressing the audio, you can go ahead and look at games like Fallout 4 and easily see that not only are the archives compressed, some to up to 1/2 the file size of the original files but the actual files inside them are compressed codecs.

Optimization is an issue with many games, but it isn't the only thing pushing down performance, a lot of it is developers just not having standards and thinkging good looking game > good performing game. You probably think oh geeze this game is on PS4 so my PC should be able to run it just fine, well that game on PS4 runs at 900x 1600 with an unstable framerate, but then that game is probably unoptimized for PC.

now its a trinity