X-plane and Aviation autism general

X-Plane General

"how the fuck does this work" edition''

From other threads, there seemed to be some interest on this, X-Plane is ultra realistic flight simulator, that tends to attract more of the professional personnel and is even used on the professional simulators. Its available for Win/Mac/Linux

There must be some downloads still lying around, if you guys fail to find I can share my own copy,
getting all dvds is pretty large download, but you do not have to get everything!
here is my quick tip, get only the first dvd and download the installer from the official website,
the game still work like those ancient DRM cd protection, so all you need is to mount the dvd and run the installer/updater, without it you need a serial.

the game itself is not that graphically appealing, but has a pretty big range of customization to work with bad to beefy computers, so experiment with the settings
all those extra dvds in the download are simply scenery packs, one easier way is to download them by demand with the installer OR download custom high texture stuff,
the scenery from this website is much higher quality and in detail than the default ones, a single quadrant is huge so only download as needed:
alpilotx.net/

One of the biggies of X-plane is the variety of professionally made custom aircraft you can get, they're pretty price but worth it,
with fully 3d cockpits, a range of custom actions and pretty precise flight model for each aircraft, the problem though, is that its hard to pirate these, but here is a couple magnets to get you going:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:247df9aca717717d546be36de8ee3a1169a6d079&dn=-+All+Carenado+for+X-Plane+-&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Getting this to work multiplayer is trick, and I confess I haven't delve much into it, perhaps with interest we can find a way to make joint flights
there is a plugin though, to work with that mp network of realistic traffic control, it only shows a "vague" model to represent air traffic when there is one

user: ''uhraay, finally downloaded everything lets get ready to fly'…. wait…. wtf is this?'
unlike its competitor MFS, XP doesn't drop you in a "easy to figure out screen", its in fact quite hard and unintuitive for the first timer
for that reason, I'm putting myself in place to help those who are interested in learning the game, the basics are:
- configure every damn thing first, check graphic configurations and how controls work, see fps and if scenery is loading, etc
- configure your controls, basically every possible command can be customized to the keyboard or gamepad (or whatever), its also strongly recommended the use of a 3 axis joystick, and of course, set them up properly
- check a real map for area and airport ICAO code you want to navigate into, the only way to find airports in XP is through ICAO code, the game map is garbage
- load your aircraft and setup whatever situation you want, you can start off cold for example, set fuel and weight
- the builtin traffic control is also garbage so its much more worth it to go mp if you want the experience, for everything else like flying the plane is on your own
- there are some tutorials I think, good to get started

Like I've said, I'm open to spoon feeding you guys in anything you need help with, I'm a private pilot in real life and can help even teaching how to fly,
Besides that we can share addons and whatever, or even try to get a joint flight sometime, don't let it die

Other urls found in this thread:

openload.co/f/wqfTiBv5Kp8/xcxvvdfee.zip
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17449147/X_Plane_11_Global_Scenery_DLC-CODEX
world-of-avia.ru/
il2sturmovik.gamepedia.com/Flight_Basics
forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12346-basic-flight-non-combat-training-films-the40s/
xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/517-laminar-research-x-plane-11-release-notes/
ulozto.net/!22gA2o2IbP92/xpl-a-29-zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hows 11?

good question, haven't tired it yet due to cracking/downloading hassle
so I'm sticking with 10 for now, if anyone have tried it please fill in

11 is actually quite easy to pirate.
Get this:
openload.co/f/wqfTiBv5Kp8/xcxvvdfee.zip
It has the demo installer and the mini iso.
Download the demo, it will have seattle area and all planes, then mount the dvd. You should be good to go for the seattle area. If you want the whole scenery you can download the torrent with the scenery, or the HD mesh.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17449147/X_Plane_11_Global_Scenery_DLC-CODEX

tl;dr it's exactly how you pirate x-plane 10 however no one uploaded the full dvd set yet.

Also you can update your game by just running the updater.

is it just the same as XP10?
eg mount the iso and it works not as demo?
like its said in the OP, people just use the official installer and download scenery on demand
thanks for sharing too, any big improvements on the game though?

You can't download the scenery via official installer sadly, but you can update the game.
Also about improvements, i believe it is mostly the same but with better sound engine, MUH REFLECTIONS and UI

sweet, only thing missing was a linux installer, had to get that one myself,
but the thing, still seems to be running as demo version, doesn't that change?

Just launch the game with the iso mounted.

Also i'm not sure if it works on linux tbh

yeah that seems to be the case, XP10 used to work just well, but it was the full ISO too
I'll have to enquire with other pirates to see what works on linux

but oh well, just flew like an half an hour around KSEA only to have stopped mid flight…
the UI improvements are really fucking nice, lot of stuff much easier and really smoother, however I had a big fps crawl and some bad artifacts

so basically to summarize,
X-Plane works on linux just fine, but be an issue with me, dunno if I'm gonna stick with 10 for a while,
but might try 11 on win7 boot, tbh I use open-source drivers, and they're notorious for having lesser performance compared to the same on windows,

I've enjoyed the little bit of XP11 that I've played so far. It will probably replace FSX as my flight sim of choice.
Flight sims are the comfiest games and XP11 is the comfiest sim imo

Been flying in FSX for years, what does X-Plane have compared to FSX other than graphics? Can I fly around the entire world in a single prop plane?

how did you get such nice graphics?
and is that the stock cessna?

would you have the balls for it?
but overall simulation feels much more real, flight models are more accurate, and generally I think full 3d cockpits

So unfortunately it really seems like the dvd is working on linux,
what was the expected behavior? to just open the game and "this is not a demo anymore, good to go"?
or was it the case that they update to circumvent this pirating method?

Alright, so I'm trying to install on my windows machine to see how it werks…
but anyway, we should get into one of the main purposes of the thread, share fagging premium aircraft

the torrent link at OP has a good source of stuff, for whatever crazy reason the uploader packed them into ISOs, so only the last couple of files contain the most up-to-date planes, all carenado
they're still pretty good, though, from 2013, the hardest for us is find up to date planes, specially now with the new XP11

This is the expected behavior

Everything in that screenshot is stock; XP11 just has really great looking sunsets and nights

Also when you launch the game with the iso mounted:

alright it worked fine on windows, better fps too
however it seems to be really unstable, already had it crash two times, and all after configuring everything

Fucking sweet mateys… working reasonably well now, seems that it has a tendency to crash on fullscreen, but had no problems on windowed so far

at long last managed to get some flying, with ended coming to night on my region, looks pretty damn sweet to be honest, minor some glitches
anyone can tell if now the stock scenery better than that HD one? it looks reasonably good but streets are all messed up

Try it for yourself, it might be better but the road/water data of the current scenery is more up to date.

Even managed to do a sweet landing and record it on video (OBS way better than builtin video capture)
but fucking complains on upload of x264 and not h264

My dad spends his days lamenting the loss of the flight simulator but also he's bad at them. I wish there was a modern flight simulator that could be set to casual modo so he could have fun again.

How autistic do I have to be to play this and where can I get it. Also, do I need a joystick?

You can use the mouse as yoke but it's not optimal

alright managed to convert to webm, fuckin windows software is always so bad, lost a bit quality on the way

the joystick is really better, and even then not that close to the real thing,
to give you an idea, I keep my joystick on the left hand while using the right hand on mouse+keyboard
so technically you could use just keyboard+mouse, but its messy

yeah, gonna have to try the default scenery, but afaik, the HD scenery pack for south america came not that long ago, so is more of a matter on what source they used and how they filled all that space,
now google maps even has 3d so if they somehow worked with them it could end up nearly perfect

Did another flight and forgot to pull gear up, I have to say, that NZ scenery isn't half bad, I just don't know where to go in it

and more sweet landing, I'll confess, need to practice more on these things, got zero depth perception on the simulator and always miss a bit on the flares

How big is NA scenery?

Get him set up with FSX, it has missions than can help him learn the basics.

it looks like the reflection is only updating every 30 frames lol, looks sweet though. last hardcore sim i got into was DCS, never tried X-Plane.

The problem with these civilian sims is there's nothing to really do. Outside of taking off and landing being a civilian pilot has to be boring as hell.

So folks, here is my custom aircraft list, most of them seem to be working with XP11,
though most of them are also out of date with current systems, so let me know you guys want any of them but find elsewhere
also, please let me know if you got the good stuff or updated aircraft.

well, yeah… sort of…. but its confy as hell, and very satisfying if you consider fully learning and flying such complex machines, but in honesty, nothing beats real life flying, so the simulation is only to quench that thirst

Oh and on the subject of it being fun, there were a couple of mp networks to work with that sort of give you a purpose:
give live to the world, you would need to follow control procedures as you world in real world (only if the region you have is controlled) other traffic can appear nearby

or something like that, give you virtual charter flights to go for, so you act sort of like a company with virtual currency,

Anyone got a good C182P for X-Plane 11? I often fly one at our local flightschool

is that any similar to Skywagon? I have C185 if its close enough…
but what s this about wanting something which we have familiarity with? take the opportunity and try to fly something new

I wanted to compare how accurate it is on the sim

I've been playing IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 lately. It's quite fun. Except for the fact that I do not have a track IR, nor do I understand russian and thus have no idea what's going on with the cockpit instruments. I probably should put on some HUD elements (speed, altitude) on to compensate as I have extremely hard time understanding as to why my IL-2 crashed on the landing approach, or as to why my aircraft is shaking randomly.

Put the flaps on landing setting, lowered the landing gear, made some adjustments on the final approach when all of a sudden aircraft started tilting to one side and just started spinning uncontrollably, like a wing would have been shot off.

wtf, I could swear for a moment it was a fake and artificially made, then I read the title, and wow what kind of aircraft is even that?

dunno what game you're talking about, but from what you're describing seems like stall happening, coming in too slow and losing lift on one wing

It's a TU-160, Soviet/Russian strategic bomber. It was supposed to be capable to hit enemy targets fast. Fly low, fly fast, and drop missiles or bombs and hope that interceptors won't manage to catch you on the way out.

like said, it sounds like your airspeed is too low either by throttle or holding the nose too high and causing it to stall (webm related). To practice try touch-and-go at higher speeds and gradually reduce it until you get a sense of when you're losing control.

We should play IL-2 some time.

fucking sweet, looks sexy
fucking russians eh?
speaking of which, got me thinking must be time for me to learn some russian
this seems to be a recent good source of XP stuff:
world-of-avia.ru/

so which game/plane is that?
really seems like a spinning stall alright, pretty strong too, most civilian aircraft have good stall recover design, and not to mention that warning sound

What is that autistic as shit FSX mod that adds a plane you have to build and tune in order to get working properly? Looking for more planes and general shit to do in FSX other than fly around and bully people in multiplayer.

Ju-87 in Cliffs of Dover with the Team Fusion mod since I don't have 1946 installed right now.
It's exaggerated to show how trying to maintain nose-high attitude with insufficient airspeed leads to shaking and wing drop like he was talking about. These spins aren't bad to deal with if you have some altitude.

Not sure without more details but if you want to larp get fscaptain or join some virtual airline.

Now enjoy this rich, deep, and satisfying 12 minutes of buzzwords and a man jacking off to the sound of his own voice.

Making airfields is comfy

that's interesting, seems easier than what I thought, which airport is that?

seems to be SBTR

I've noticed, Brazilian code? I was wondering which was it

Yeah, Brazilian coverage isn't that great so every airport counts.

so for got sake, where? I usually fly SBBH

That one is SBTR, Aeroporto de Torres, literal norte do RS. I usually fly locally, SJRG

It was some kind of paid series that had persistent mechanics for it in FSX, where in order to fly the plane you'd have to do routine maintenance to the engine, controls and etc or shit would start failing. If you crashed the plane, it would take real hours for you to repair all the damage to the body, the controls, the engine and so on. I believe one of the planes they had was a P-51.

The plane looks really nice, but it really is a lot of buzzwords to make it seem more important than it is.

cool, I'm reasonably close by, if you to joint fly let me know, in fact,
if we could a group gathering of some sort it would be cool

Sure.

this good enough?
oh by the way, forgot to ask, whats up with that flag?

Belka's flag from Ace Combat series

so do you want the ATR-72?
I think I got it from world-of-avia rus site

also, might be organizing whatever I have personally and share it here,

oh actually forget about that, remembered it was a torrent:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:51fc813f68d349bc36350fd28f5a7f1cc3e32c98&dn=ATR+72-500.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

I'll try that
Thank you

just found a newer torrent (last month or so) of Carenado plane collection
as I've said before, particularly hard to find up to date payware aircraft,
specially hard to find which version a it is (these fucking devs don't know how), but these ones seem to be most recent,

fucking forgot link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5295b2c917894c1d3e8cd1566391b53e6530d50b&dn=%5BX-Plane%5D+Carenado+Aircraft&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Yeah it was stalling. On other news, carrier landings and take offs are scary as fuck. And 51GB mod on a 7GB game feels just bit perverse, but I am loving every second of it.

Almost crashing to sea immediately after take off, and sort of snoozing out and almost getting lost in the sea, and arriving bit late to bomb the shit out of civilian airfield in Pyongyang, only to get shot down by some extremely lucky shot from a sort of obsolete Yak was quite fun.

Soviet ripoff of the B-1 Lancer.

Obligatory.

Is there a game with the multiplayer functionality of FSX steam edition without drm?

I'd also take a working crack that'll let me access servers, but I'm not sure one exists.

Was waiting for it.

Just use the mouse to look around
There should be a aircraft guide pdf in the folders somewhere if you have the gog version
Turbulence or it might be that you're stalling due to having too high of an angle of attack and not enough airspeed which results in a loss of lift.
You stalled mate, and to go into a spin you must have cut the throttle too earlier and to quickly (causing the plane to jerk to the left rapidly), you most likely didn't have enough airspeed to sustain lift or you weren't gliding the plane correctly. Look on youtube on how to glide your aircraft if your engine fails and how to get out of stalls, if you're in a spinning stall at an altitude below 1km you're usually fucked.

Watch the video I embedded and the training one in the game for landings (There should be one just for the IL-2)

Sites I used for some tutorial videos I've used recently, i've only been playing IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 for the last two weeks so this is only basic shit about fighter planes that I know of
il2sturmovik.gamepedia.com/Flight_Basics
forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12346-basic-flight-non-combat-training-films-the40s/

lost my shit there… that was funny stuff

there is that multiplayer plugin that lets you connect to a world network of flight control, I think its called Xsquakbox
in theory it you would have ATC, tower and everything else in terminals, open frequency with nearby aircraft, but it just so happens that is mostly empty

So, the effects of a stall must more presentable due it being an old military aircraft (highly maneuverable), but there seem to be lack of basic understanding of the stall
first of all, the only indication you need is the air speed (IAS), as the pitot tube only intakes air pressure parallel to the wings, the measured airspeed is effectively the airspeed on your wings
as such, basically all maneuvers in flight always take account of your IAS, when taking off, you have pull up speed, you also have climb and cruise climb speed, a glide and descent speed, you're supposed to always maintain that airspeed spot as its the best for the designed aircraft, you correct airspeed more through attitude than throttle

Just let me bump this really quick,

so the torrent above for the updated Carenado planes was really good,
they're the latest updates and have integrated avionics with x-plane
apar from that I've been experiencing with some plugins, some premium
for Realism Pro, the head bobs and moves with plane movement, you can hear the wind under your flaps and tires rolling (also apparently fucking X-plane doesn't record audio with video)

So I've re-found those online communities more focused to making simuflying so pointless,
for online traffic, ATC control and other traffic with real behind it, kinda empty but at least something
flight based economy, you start off by renting planes and making charter flights, you can get a company, buy your planes and even run bigger operations, its a lot of work but at least a goal of where to fly to,

I also found a couple more plugins,
supposedly to give more life in form of AI traffic and airport movement, but I have no clue how this works, apparently you'd need custom airports scenery already made for that

IVAO is an alternative to VATSIM, depending on where you live they might be more active.
I know they are more active in europe and south america

How's flightgear?

Shit
Landclasses still do not have smooth transitions, the urban environment is shit, most planes have awful textures and the terrain is more edgy than DMC

So…. recording videos through X-plane has no audio, and through OBS has shit quality… great!
but anyway, I think I've managed to show of realism add-on here, the sound beneath the flaps and the tires rolling,
also that gear opening is loud as fuck, so I don't think it works the same as outside, volumes are bit over the place too, but pretty good overall

Also managed to fly over FSEconomy, at least it gives something to do, but those mp networks I'm not so sure, they seem like more of an hassle than anything else

lol, found out why you shouldn't skip the checklists….
would be such a fine landing too, scary

but anyway, its pretty annoying that X-plane pretty much crashes on every close, and sometimes regularly with Xsquakbox if connected too
I'd never had issues on the previous version on linux, so I wonder if the windows release was always unstable like this
and the more I play the more annoyances becomes apparent, like the very low engine audio for the C210

who /simg/ here?

I'm locked?

might as well

Reminder

But i play BMS

Also this always amused me

do i still need to use it upside down?

So, I'd never played DCS before, care to enlighten me as to why its shit or not shit?

It's just jewish tricks as usual.

It's also incredibly broken

Also hoggit turned into a safespace shitshow, no madmouthing ED allowed
riiiiiiiiight

Everything you said is a lie.

The only lie there is the last statement.

So I'm back, did some flying in some really strong winds, as you can by the heavy skidding in the air there
anyway, sort of went back to XP10, way more stable and I can play on loonix, also opens more options for the video recordings
oddly enough it seems I'm getting better frame rates now, think I've nailed on a decent cloud and scenery quality
a bit strange though that even though I'm using the same scenery, on XP10 some airports appear only as an air strip

Need to fucking find decent settings for the recordings though, directly through SSR can give decent webm, but too bigger a size for lower quality

Allright, gonna try to make a video of X-plane 11, it's been a while since i've last flew

Have you tried the ATR? didn't delve into it too much yet but it doesn't really seem that good, still way too much stuff on the panel

Gonna check it tomorrow.
Man i really need to improve my glidepath, i simply cannot do idle-power landings on the 172

Video related, and yeah, the x-plane video recorder is shit

Why is falcom BMS so hard? I have no issue flying ww2 birds around but these jets with computers and radar and shit just baffle me.

Yes we should. I play coop campaigns with friends sometimes over hyperlobby. It just works, though if you want to host you'll have to manually forward some ports.

I'm looking for a decent throttle to get for when I occasionally play a sim. Any recommendations? I don't really have a price range to adhere to.

The new budget set by Thrustmaster looks decent.

So I think I've finally came up with a decent recording scheme…
video related was it, recording sort lossless with SSR, I started recording for testing and accidentally forgot it on, so I passed the whole flight recording in the background without noticing it, which is a good sign
then later having full control of ffmpeg I can get much better end results

this flight in question, the result of arriving late, with low layer of clouds and strong wind, coming in too fast on a too short runway
the worst thing I still don't have in this game is depth perception, thus bouncing up that almost crashing the thing

very good, but I'd say you were a bit to close laterally to the runway,
also you'd generally begin descent after crossing the runway (través da cabeceira)
or am I mistaken?
and btw, do you pilot in RL? and what sort of equipments do you sim with?

Planning to start my PPL next year, the medical exams might be an issue moneywise now because FUCKING ANAC decided that the FAB hospitals will not do them anymore.
Some guides i've read suggest to start the descent during the base leg, sometimes even during the wing leg.
Sometime's i get into the co-pilot seat on a local 182.

What the fuck happened with my english, fuck

I just noticed my taxing speed during the last corner to hangar
Holy shit

Does this fucking garbage even run on a 64-bti exe?

Screenshot of task manager or get out.

It does, it is only 64bits now.
I'd post my task manager but it is using less than 2.5gb right now because i'm in a small town

lol, but yeah,
the "proper" way would be to maintain a wider circuit, at 1500ft height,
after you cross the runway like you did, but only then begin descent, give a wider curve, first notch flap only on base leg, to give you perspective, you can straighten out and have like ~20s straight on the base leg before going for final

that is of course only the "standard" for VFR when you have the space and the time
the general sense is wider the faster aircraft you have, and likewise you can make a lower a tighter circuit if its safe

Nigga I am fucking agreeing with you, however most planes have working cockpits, fc3 planes aren't the majority anymore.

You are right, the majority of planes are now TRAINERS

based ED!!!

so what which C172 was that? loaded up the stock one and its pure garbo
I was planning on doing some circuit flying tonight, but it turned out really bad weather,
and ps: really amazed how good its looking on XP10, first picture is below the overcast, only 250ft ceiling

Stock C172 from XP11

WHOOP WHOOP
PULL UP
WHOOP WHOOP
PULL UP
WHOOP WHOOP
PULL UP

FUCK

Can you download the scenario and see how well you can fly it with post incident controls?

Supposedly they'd lost cabin pressure to and were having trouble concentrating. How would you simulate a lower oxygen environment?

Just use your engines, that's all they had
Also a missing vertical stab

the areo dynamics would be a bit gimpped after you lost the vert stab though right?

I've flown three times and it's not terribly exciting once you're past the initial rush from trying something new. Weather can make it more interesting but unless you're doing maneuvers it's pretty much like driving a car that can move in three dimensions

I actually did an work over the accident, had to read everything about it.

They lost cabin pressure but managed to lower the plane to safe altitude, it took a good while before they realised they had no hydraulic controls. But what should be worse is being in that plane going up and down like a damn roller coaster, for what was it, one or half an hour?

You can simulate it pretty closely in X-plane, just fail the same systems, I'm not sure but I think it even stimulates hypoxia if you don't pressurise cabin.

So here I was trying to do some touch-and-go landings, when I noticed my controls were fucked up good
first video is the one where I was going for landing pulling back all I could and still the aircraft wouldn't respond, this seemed odd at the very least
to investigate, I switched to the stock C172, and it start happening with it too,
weird, like the game is trolling me, maybe because I forgot to mount the dvd which is supposedly the activation mechanism

If you don't mount the dvd the game cuts your controls after 5 minutes i think

funny thing is that it didn't cut completely,
in the deflection window you can see the movement, but it doesn't happen on the control surface, also I control partially it seems, been fucking trolled by the game

So, I think I've find the culprit to my troubles… (dumb facepalm)
it seems I got the elevator trim buttons mixed up when setting up (remember I first started with XP11), that would explain why suddenly I would the plane pitching down or up uncontrollably…
Also expĺain my screw ups in recent ladings…

as a result I manage to get a much smoother flight this time (after utterly crashing and fixing the issue),
and somehow also managed to get way better framerates at the high quality NZ scenery than BR

Here I did a 2000ft circuit, started slowing down soon after crossing the runway head traverse,
started first bank more or less when runway is close at 45° to your back
it was spot on and I managed to intercept the runway LOC/GS going final
as I've said before, this plane is a bit faster than C172 (~120 knots on circuit) so I had a wider and higher circuit,
only problem I had was keeping speed during final, and that was spot on 80kt (which would be good for touch down)
and finally I've managed to a smooth landing with both main gears first

here it is finally, the praised touch down landing,
seems like I really found a decent encoding formula, I see if I can ramp up the resolution for next time

Oops didn't mean to >

Holy fuck this guy's voice

not really, 1000 is kinda low, you could do it like you did, on one turn from downwind to final, but you end up right on top of the runway so is only recommended to do when safe (no one else circuit, no obstacles)
I learned to fly on SBPR which is inside controlled space, and for sure circuit there was 1500ft (and also clock wise, to the right)

so maybe its something specific to airport and charts, each has its own, but generally on non controlled space it goes by the pilot's judgment and aircraft,
a plane that has 200kt descent speed won't be able to hold same circuit than one with 100kt speed,
then again, rarely you will see a 200kt plane doing VFR procedures

Nigger, learn how to encode in vp9.

I did, but last I checked vp9 isn't compatible in this forum,
plus, the video sizes are already pretty low, difference is insignificant in comparison

Alright gents, tried hands on learning a bit on the C208, its actually a turbo prop engine and really cool learning how to work with those,
surprisingly not that hard, but of course, different procedures

first time around the circuit with autopilot, brought the plane right at the edge of the runway, with a beautiful main gear first landing
second time around all hands was nearly has smooth

and lastly one grass field landing in the middle of nowhere, gosh was hard as fuck to find this field, but now we know why this C208 is considered ideal for this kind of task
anyway gents, seems like most of the time only me posting around, maybe time to let the thread die?

There is one thing I didn't get yet, can you compare the new default XP11 scenery with the HD made ones?

So, bumping the thread with a question.
I'm a long time FSX/P3D user and this thread inspired me to try out X-Plane. I know very little about it.
I've been wondering about aircraft availability and diversity. Already got the updated Carenado aircraft pack some user posted. Are there torrents with large commercial airliners like Boeing and Airbus? What about modern military aircraft such as F-18, F-16, F-22, and classic prop airliners like DC3, Constellation and Electras?

yeah aircraft is kind hard to find, some mid range I've found was the emb110 and the atr72
really large aircraft haven't found yet,
I've recently found the super tucano for military
but it's not just a question of where to find them, rare aircraft is much more difficult for model makers

That's great, as there isn't a single decent Tucano for FSX/P3D, and there's an EMB-120 for FSX that's one of my favorite aircraft for comfy flying.
Fun to see so many fellow hues in this thread

Also, should I get X-P 10 or 11? I've watched lots of comparison videos and I definitely seem to prefer 10's lighting and weather, but I don't know about other features. How's controller support and customization? (I use the Logitech X3D Pro). What about ATC, does it have built-in ATC simulation like in FSX/P3D?

you're welcome, and I'm always amazed at that term

anyway, I've tried xp11, only for Windows though, it was nice, interface improved a whole lot better, it was smoother too
but for some reason it was really unstable, crashing regularly, maybe it was the plugins,
my xp10 Linux install never crashes in comparison, it also has more options for calibrating controller and what not
I haven't tried the bandeirantes yet, because i get really low frames with it, and it does seem a bit complicated

Where the fuck did the posts from yesterday go?

About XP11 crashing, i had no crashes so far, maybe it's something on your end.
GTX 1070 here.

Disregard that, board glitch apparently.
Cleaned browser cache, history and cookies, reopened browser, opened page and they were still not showing up. Page auto refreshed and they suddenly reappeared.

Thanks, I think I'll try 10 first then.

prepare3d or fsx?

If you really want to go down that route, Prepar3d, otherwise, X-Plane 11

wat?

Prepar3d, FSW, FSX, all the same shit with small improvements. X-Plane is actually bringing something new to the table

You mean it's the only one that doesn't work

XP10 and 11 literally working with no problems here

P3D, definitely. I'm currently on v3.4 and it greatly improved over v2.5 on lighting, autogen and optimization. FSX is too outdated, while base content and functionality is the same shit, it doesn't take advantage of current processors and graphics cards.

What do these addons do?

Is it the BFDG-A29?
can you share it?

just find this review on what's new with 11, tell you the truth it looks good, I just don't understand why its always crashing, did you use too much plugins like, custom aircraft, weather, vatsim?
xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/517-laminar-research-x-plane-11-release-notes/

sure, not my upload though, from the forum world-of-avia
ulozto.net/!22gA2o2IbP92/xpl-a-29-zip

I'm using IVAO and X-Camera only.

now I don't know what the fuck is up with x-plane on linux sometimes
but it comes unplayable with like 5fps, I've spent the last couple of hours trying to setup a flight and is been like that
when normally I get ~30fps, this drives me so mad, any idea why?

Install windows

How do i get some actual aircraft for this shit?
I want my 737, 747, 787 and maybe some airbus shit

Wouldn't know, never used them

For payware aircraft just go to tpb and search for "p3d"
For freeware aircraft just google "fsx aircraft" (most FSX aircraft are fully compatible with P3D).

Hmm, X-Plane 11 new features seems interesting as well. But like I said before, in every side by side comparison I've watched, I liked X-Plane 10's weather and lighting better. I think I'll go for X-Plane 10 first and then try 11 if I like it.

> install gentoo
fuck off, the only reason I wasn't playing on windows is because the game crashes regularly there
managed to "solve" a bit the issue, by turning texture compression on, even though I had tons of vram available still

anyway getting kinda tired, the custom aircraft are really good, until they're not, you start noticing the bad stuff after a while playing
like for example that scroll thing on carenado aircraft, really annoying

XP10 can look really good but sort off depends on trickery,
and they work nearly everyway exactly the same,
for example I only did a simple texture replacement for the clouds and actually reduced the number of cloud puffs in (first two pictures)(and yeah you read that right, it looks better having less)

Any mega uploads? Can't torrent at college

Any comments on the logitech x-56. Most reviews tend to be negative but a few seem like most people just got dodgy setups.

This X-plane one is pretty good though, even without any military equipment whatsoever

I think you mean main gear landing?
nice one too, but still, too close to the runway mate

all around terrible

I fucked up, it's a tricycle plane, lel

I never played a flight sim in my life but Ive got a HOTAS lying around that I use for spess gaymen
whats a good babbys first flight sim?

IL2 1946

so, quick bump if anyone is around
did one hueland flight, and also in vatsim, I think it makes sense and you can have real references to the places afterall

two things I've learned:
- always check if you're gonna be able to arrive before sunset
- always hold safe circuit altitude before you're sure to be on a correct glide-slope
at the beginning of the video you can see I'm getting really close (100ft) to a hill, saved by the alt radar

but besides that, did a really nice main gear landing, considering the circumstances
fuck this Bonanza is super nice to fly