MORROWIND/TES THREAD

Autistic Lore Discussion Edition

Okay anons recently I got into an argument with another user, about who is the niggest of niggers in the land of Tamriel. He believed it was the orcs, I argued it was the bosmer, but this has really gotten me thinking. We've had this argument a few times without much consensus, and this time I think we should try to do this more empirically. For example first off we need to agree upon what a niggers is. I have come upon a few starting qualifications, and feel free to add to them.

1. Gibsmedat: Lack of self sufficiency, and a tendency to rely on others for everything.
2. Forever Mudhuts: The people have lived in extremely primitive conditions for the entirety of their existence.
3. Stupid: The race's average intelligence is significantly lower than the average intelligence of other races.
4. Primitive: The race is extremely primitive either socially, technologically, or spiritually. An example of primitive would be acts of cannibalism, lacking metal tools, poor hygiene, poor social structure, and generally anything not conducive to the health of the race.
5. Contribute Nothing: Niggers have contributed nothing of significance to the world.
6. DEY WUZ KANGZ AND SHIIEET: The race makes ties to the past glories they don't have any claim to.

This is the list I have come up with to determine who the niggers of tamriel are, or if failing that who is the niggest? For example we can argue that in terms of the Stupid qualification Nords, Orcs, and redguards are significantly stupider than all other races. Making matters worse we can also argue that these races also would rarely specialize in a class that favors intelligence thus not being granted the +10 bonus to that attribute. With this we can say races like Breton's, and Altmer will on average have 60 intelligence not 50, and Orcs males would have 30 intelligence never 40. This is skewed by the females however in this case, but not the others. So we can say as far as intelligence goes orcs, redgaurds, and nords are the niggest of all. Remember video games are serious business.

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Akaviri
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Arcturian_Heresy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Redguards and Orcs have a pretty good claim to that.
Redguards:
Orcs

Can we vent about OpenMW as well?

Orcs also pride themselves on self sufficiency as well, but their culture of having one male in a clan lay claim to all the women except his mom is a pretty primitive society at best.

Go for it.

khajit and wood elf seem pretty niggly tbh
nords are fucking useless when it comes to history or culture
breton if you consider them being the product of man and mer interbreeding through slave-rape
maybe I'm mixing stuff up though

Its hard to say over time nigger has changed and developed into its own parasite. I would agree with your friend though. Orcs look and act like niggers in Tamriel. On a completely different note
HIGH ELVES DID NOTHING WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Orcs in TES seem more like Klingons or samurai than straight up niggers
I'm open to changing my mind though

Opinion discarded.

Yeah, hard to put your finger on it. Aesthetically though, they look like niggers.

Nah, you can REMOVE ELF, I just played High Elves in Daggerfall a shit load. It wasn't until Morrowind where I switched to Nords.

Alright let's try, and determine who best fits the Gibsmedat culture of the typical nigger.

Out.

Yeah okay.

Khajiit are literally drug addicts and thieves

That would make them closer to Pajeets though.

Indians invented our number system, which is one more thing than niggers ever invented.

If I describe them as crackheads and burglars instead, then they seem like niggers again

You mean Europeans that traveled to indian while the indians thought they Europeans where gods.

If I recall correctly the Khajiit's addiction to moon sugar serves an important purpose to Azura, allowing them to observe the mundus from one of the moons (segunda I think)

No, I'm talking about the other Indians. Indus River, not Potomac.

Well Gypsies are actual pajeets who were to pajeet for pajeets.

Fuck off user, you made me mad. Bosmer and all elves are freaking losers, but orcs are the niggers.

I was wondering when you'd get here.

I'm not shitposting up an entire thread just to reach a stalemate and getting mad at you in the process.

Well chances are good you're going to get mad at somebody at some point, might as well be on the internet. Honestly though I am trying to reach a consensus on niggers of tamriel so we don't have to argue so much in the future since all the arguments will be made.

Sorry for making you mad though, I'll admit it started as a simple conversation, but as it went on I baiting you.

I miss the journal and directions of the older games. Now the map marker makes everything a hand-holding game. And if you actually need to figure something out, you're boned because there's no journal.

Tamriel has no niggers because no Tamrielic race has a history that resembles that of niggers. You would need an entire continent of different diverse races to be conquered from people across the sea. Then you would need all those diverse races to create a new race out of their ass and revolve their entire indentity around butthurt towards those conquerors for centuries and centuries after the empire of said conquerors has collapsed and is no longer relevant.

But that's every edition, user. :^)

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just don't play the newer games.

Meh

There is actually a mod that removes markers and adds a full description in the journal.

So the Akavirii?

Well, then don't play shitty games and then complain that they are shitty.

The Akavirii are not Tamrielic.

meh

Trips confirm, the Thalmor Memospore Defense Force needs to leave.

More like Gypsies tbh.

Explain

I can't believe how much better Oblivion is with OOO and Oblivion XP Update. Those 2 mods alone make the gameplay so much better. It really shows just how badly bethesda fucked up with it. I mean there's still the issue of some weak ass lore and setting in the main game, but at least the good quest design allows for a fun experience. I just don't understand how they regressed even further with skyrim. Has anyone considered making a complete overhaul of Oblivion world so that it's more immersive and flavorful?

I usually take weebshit to mean bad anime these days.

Stop pushing the meme that Oblivion is better than Skyrim.

I always though of weebshit as mainstream garbage, like Naruto. Stuff that weebs eat up even though it's shit.

I could never get OOO to install properly on my machine. Even with a fresh game.

By all means explain what skyrim does better does better.

Oblivion has better quests, and still allows custom spells, but is fucking ugly as sin even with mods. Skyrim has better lore, and better looking cities even without mods. However Skyrim is incredibly boring, and very little besides a better looking game. Ultimately which one you think is better comes down to if you can get past how unappealing oblivion is, or how boring skyrim is. Both games are awful, but in different ways, oblivion is better in terms of gameplay, but is just so ugly, and generic it really puts people off.

Stop pushing the meme that either are worth mentioning.

Better to mention the only thing Oblivion does better than Skyrim - quests.
There, the end.

Also this.

It's not. We've had countless threads arguing the point now and it boils down to the fact that Oblivion is shit but still has a lot of the elements from the prior game that made it good. Skyrim decided to have more action elements and ditch even more features to make it shit. Ask anybody who mods both games and they'll tell you that it's easier to fix the problems in Oblivion than it is Skyrim.

Oblivion's terrible idea to make the game look more midevil than TES based was bad but it still looked good for the time. In the end the best you can say Skyrim did well was being good for screenshots.

I never said that. I said some will consider skyrim better if they can get past how boring it is as a game. In terms of gsmeplay, and quests oblivion is still the better game.

Also webms.

Then what are you saying? The only benefit you're giving the game is better graphics. to be fair your color ID looked like the guy who said Skyrim was better so I thought that

Well then despite your trips you're a dingus. Skyrim has better lore, visuals, and animations. If you really want to remember how much better, look at vanilla skyrim's jumping animation, and water falls, then compare that to vanilla oblivion's hop-skotch, and sprinklers. Oblivion is better in every that matters though, having better quests, and mechanics. I find oblivion to ugly to play now, but on the other hand skyrim is too boring so I stick to morrowind.

Please take this debate to reddit.

Oh please, all I'm saying is the reasons some people say one is better than the other. If you bothered reading the thread you would know people are still saying both are horrible games.

Altmer.

Orsimer. Bosmer have a good excuse.

Nords, Orsimer, Redguards

Orsimer. The Bosmer fit some of these characteristics but that's because they have an agreement with their god, not because they're incapable

Every race except Altmer, Imperials, Bretons, Nords and Dunmer.

Literally every race in Tamriel.

Obviously, the answer is Falmer

?????

That's my point.
Also, that's my post you screencapped.

I think argonians to for the forever mudhuts because it's not confirmed the structures they have there were made by argonians. I'm not sure about the nords contributing much to civilization. I'm reading up on them, and so far it seems Nords were mostly just assholes. I don't know if the dunmer made any serious contributions either.

And none of those things equate to a better game. And with modern day Bethesda writing the lore being good doesn't mean shit. it's already irreparable. And I never said Oblivion looked better. But for the time it looks serviceable enough.

If todd made an argonian character on his next playthrough would he name it "Lies-to-face"?

Nords were the start of human civilization. See my screenshot here.

That's what I said. You're not reading the rest of the post.

I'm not disagreeing or anything I'm just adding on to drive my point why Oblivion is generally a better game.

Now drive a razor down your wrist.

Yes Oblivion is a better game than skyrim is. It's just unbelievably ugly, only bethesda could make a game that unappealing. There are games on the N64 that have more appeal.

Get over it.

I'de say it's ok. The people are the worst part tbh.

Talos himself renders ESO non-canon by causing a Dragon Break near the start of his reign, eliminating all previously known history from the timeline.

You get over it.

Ah yes dragon breaks. The "we are too lazy to keep up with the lore" excuse.

Thats not what Dragon Breaks are ya nigger.

Get over what? Discussing video games? This is what's making you mad right now. Consider taking a breather.

Still looking up some lore about the different societies. Hopefully this will give me a better outlook on the niggers of TeS.

So, if Akatosh is Lorkhan is Shor and all the dragons are splinters of Akatosh from some dragonbreak or another, which Alduin is one of them and they all can fuse back together in certain circumstances, Lorkhan just used Alduin to gobble up a whole lot of Nord souls with the whole civil war thing just at the right time when Alduin popped back up in time and the dragonborn being around then, too, as the delivery device for all those souls to Shor to get fused with all the Nord souls….

What was Lorkhan needing all the Nord souls for?

Or were they just fuel to get the dragons back so they can get collected by the Dragonborn to be delivered in the to the Lorkhan Akatosh collective?

Or was it all a plot to get Alduin back into the fold, so his aspect can be used to revolve the Kalpa in case the Aldmer get too close to unraveling the whole thing?

Or all of the above?

When a game in the series has five separate endings, you'd need to make five different sequels to keep up with the lore.

Probably to do something stupid. Also I just came across this horseshit, what is this?

It's ESO. Pure, unadulterated garbage.

Get over your prideful need to convince a stranger that your shit stinks the least. It's still shit. The argument you are having is stupid and so are you.

Is this a joke?

I have not played ESO, and never will. That's why I'm asking.

That first one looks so retarded it has to be fake.

It looks like they copied the exact mesh and low-res texture from TES 3 and replaced the legs with stubby retard legs. Is it isn't a joke, then they're really setting the bar lower than ever.

I would laugh if it weren't so retarded.

I'm looking at the ESO mounts right now, and I think it actually is. I don't see either mentioned. Which is good considering it's silt strider, not stilt strider.

Maybe your friends at cuckchan will find it funny.

Maybe you've run out of arguments.

We were arguing?

And now because of this faggot here I'm thinking now about reinstalling this piece of crap.
Somebody actually gave me Skyrim as a gift some years ago and I still haven't played it because backlog.

Depending on how much you like the lore its worth one playthrough just for that and maybe blackreach, the first time there actually managed to give me that feeling I had from morrowind. At least for a bit

Blackreach is the giant underground falmer city right?

Yea its the underground place

It was alright I guess.

None of the races in TES really do this. The closest would be Khajiit, I guess, since they steal everything that isn't nailed down.
Pretty much all the TES races except the Dwemer and maybe the Altmer. Tamriel is technologically and magically stagnant, because lazy writing. Orsimer might be the closest to this, since they traditionally live in literal huts–but they've also built (and rebuilt, many times) their own city, Orsinium.
Nords, Orcs, and Redguards. Not pants-on-head retarded, but slightly less intelligent on average than the other races. But I don't think any of them are as dumb as IRL niggers (whose IQs average around 85).
Doesn't seem much different from #2, honestly. But Bosmer are literal cannibals. Also, in terms of acting against their own race's self-interests, nobody beats the Imperials.
There's very little history of technology in the TES setting. Nothing on who invented the waterwheel, for example. It's not really feasible to single a race out for this one. The only thing we can say for sure is that the Dwemer did make technological advancements (though they kept them secret). Also, the Altmer invented writing, and the common language that everyone speaks.
Arguably Nords, since they try to take credit for the Empire's founding and (former) success–however, it's somewhat justified, since at least one of the three people who became Tiber Septim was a Nord. The Altmer do this too, considering themselves the only true successors to Aldmeri society–which is, again, somewhat justified. The only blatant example I can think of is the Bosmer, who like to pretend (and some may even believe) that they're Mer, when they're really just primal nature spirits in an unstable form (that often fails, leading to the Wild Hunts).

Overall, there's no one obvious nigger race in the TES setting. Bosmer would probably be the closest, in my opinion, but even then, they're not wholly worthless. Argonians are unholy abominations of a tree-like interdimensional Eldritch horror–not niggers, but definitely unnatural and in dire need of purging. The only surviving race that seems to have no nigger characteristics seems to be (ironically, given their skin) the Dunmer.

I guess it's not an argument if you already lost it.

Also, the most stupid race by far are Khajeets.
Argonians are naive but Khajeets are just plain retarded and the laughstock of the whole empire.

I am leaning this way myself, it seems that none of the playable races at least are as worthless as niggers, but having come to this conclusion who is the niggest? Argonians seem to be closer to the savages in central america than niggers, but argonians as you said are more like monsters than anything else.

Khajiits are the only ones who seem to actually understand how the world works, metaphysically, probably because of their connection with the moons, and thus Lorkhan.

Argonians by themselves are just kind of weird; it's the Hist that are the true monsters. (But you could reasonably consider Argoanians to be just an extension of the Hist.)
Also, I purge Bosmers as much as possible in all my TES playthroughs.

That's good, but remember to purge all the altmer to. Otherwise it's pointless.

and cause they're high as shit

I think I am reaching a conclusion, let me see if you anons agree with this.

I just realized that I forgot about Bretons entirely, since they're so God damn boring. In fact, they're so boring that I don't even care enough about them to decide whether or not they have any nig characteristics.

Khajiit have a weird relationship with moon sugar. It seems to affect them differently than it does the other races, giving them actual insights–yet some Khajiit can also get addicted to it and treat it like any other drug.

How about this? My conclusion is that Both Orcs, and bosmer are basically niggers. Orcs are more like niggers in america, where as bosmer would be their african counter-parts.

Fine with me as long as I can still have a qt orc /fitgirl/ waifu.

Sounds like the bullshit drugaddicts tell me.
Niggers.

yes, its why the mane mentions moonsuger being a factor in him being aware of the dragonbrake

The moon sugar thing is just a part of their larger connection to the moons. The phases of the moons at birth determine what breed a Khajiit will grow into. They're also (I think) the only culture that explicitly worships Lorkhan in his un-watered-down form (i.e., not Shor or Talos).
Nords get some credit for worshiping Shor and Talos, but they don't go far enough with it.

Well Orc females are more intelligent then their male counterparts so I guess it's okay. Plus they are totally okay with polygamy so you can have a lot of them, just remember the alimony payments.

They are ugly.

TAKE IT BACK

So is he. The Proto-Indo-Europeans conquered northern India and introduced the current Vedic culture to India. The same culture also spread to Europe (and Iran, but I think they died out there).

No. In fact they look uglier than Falmer.

Now you're just being silly. Go away silly man.

lol what a gay

All of that shit is nullified by how fucking disgusting they are.

they got dolled up in eso, so you can expect pretty orcs to be standard in the next tes game

A strong, capable, and loyal wife would be much better than the most beautiful whore.

At this point they really are just elves with big teeth.

How the fuck is that pretty? Honestly you people are fucking broken.

We need a hybrid race purely meant to make women that aren't useless but also aren't fuckugly.

You're a fucking moron. Comparied to Orcs in all of the previous games, the Orcs in TESO are pretty princess-tier.

Alduin was acting on his own, just like he did before in the Dragon War. He abandoned his divine role (ending the current kalpa) to try to rule over the world.
Also, Akatosh isn't Lorkhan. They're related, though. Aka (the being that splintered into Auriel, Akatosh, Alduin, etc.) is time. Lorkhan is space.

And they are still ugly as sin.

Important part of the Empire, especially financially. Not much of a contribution, but still relevant enough.

Fair enough. They don't really fit the other criteria, though.

All human civilizations spring from the Nords.

So we also put a check mark on We Wuz.

Correction - the Atmorans.
Correction correction - the Yokudens are a thing.

eh, i'm ok with ugly orcifus, it's the trade off for them being strong and loyal

and the akivir, and the race of humans that were native to cyrodiil

What?
You do know Tiber Septim was a Nord right? Also the fact that men were freed from the Dragon Cult was because of Nords.

It's not We Wuz if it's true.

N e d e s

Yah, and Jesus was black.

What's the most powerful item in the canon? Is it the Heart of Lorkhan?

"Tiber Septim" was two people: Hjalti and Wulfharth. Hjalti was a Breton, but Wulf was a Nord. With Zurin Arctus, the three mantled Lorkhan to become Talos.

Jesus was a shitskin kike. Keep worshiping your dead jew on a stick.

Almost every "powerful" item has been defeated in one way or another. The numidium was destroyed by a shezarrine and that was a golem essentially powered by the heart.

Is this some TESO bullshit?

Couldn't help but out yourself huh?

CHIM

he's right, big j was a jew

The Heart is literally indestructible.

Nope. Read The Arcturian Heresy.

He was 3 people.
Hjalti, Zurin and Wulfharth
This is Daggerfall bullshit you shit stain.

Also, TESO takes place in the Second Era, well before the Empire was founded.

Wasn't Tiber Septim also The Underking?

Did you even play morrowind?

Have you read it yourself?

Thats Talos as a god. Tiber Septim was a single person and even then it was due to the lazy retcon of Morrowind, not Daggerfall. You tards are regurgitating half correct bullshit. Do you really think if you keep repeating it, it will come true?

The Underking is the part of TES lore I understand the least. I don't understand if it's a constantly-reviving individual, a metaphysical role, or a courtly title. It makes no sense to me.

They actually wuz though.

And the Atmorans settled in Skyrim and the Nords never left. Nords are Atmorans like Norwegians are vikings.

Fair enough, I should have qualified that with "of Tamriel"

Debatable. They might have been snek-men, they might have been men, they might have been indigenous to Akavir or they might have been another Atmoran expedition way back before recorded history.

90% of info on them is from ESO. There has been literally nothing written about their origins as far as I know, just mentioned in passing as being humans "native" to Black Marsh. Might be Nedes, might be indigenous, can't know.

Yes. Did you? It shrinks and disappears. It's implied that it simply moves somewhere else. Hence the fakeout in Skyrim with Septimus.

Yes.

There's no need, since it already is true. Funnily enough, repeating (or believing) things until they're true is how reality works in TES. They were ahead of the curve on meme magic.

Nowhere is it implied that. You are making shit up.
Also I find it pretty funny that you use Septimus's quest as a citation but not the mural of Wulfhearth in Windhelm which straight up places him an Era before Tiber Septim.

teaesci are the snake men, the akaviri were humans
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Akaviri

Things that are "destroyed" don't generally do so by shrinking until they vanish. Anyway, if the Aedra tried to destroy the Heart and were unable to do so, there's no way some n'wah with a magic hammer can do it.

Again, read The Arcturian Heresy. He continually returned from death until becoming Tiber Septim, specifically by becoming Hjalti's literal storm crown. There's also a reason why Tiber shows up as "Wulf" at the Ghostgate in Morrowind. And why the ghost at the Old Hroldan Inn recognizes the player (a Shezzarine, an aspect of Talos) as "Hjalti."
Learn the actual lore before you start sperging out about it.

I know.

Probably. Don't know their origins though. We don't know if Atmora is the human Ur-Heimat or if there are multiple origins or if Atmora was a stop somewhere along the line. I realize that that's moving the goalposts a bit, but it's worth discussing in its own right as "men" that aren't related to Atmorans (assuming that they're the "original" humans) might not be "men" proper.

Addendum: That ghost only shows up if you sleep in "the bed that Tiber Septim slept in."

Is this the state of "lorefags" in TES generals? This is worse than Dark Souls lorefags.
The reason that ghost recognizes player as Hjalti has nothing to do with you being a Shezarrine. The Dragonborn is not a Shezarrine in the first place. The ghost is a remnant of the past from Tiber Septim's, originally named Hjalti Early-Beard, stay at that inn and was tied to the world because of an unfilled oath.
Take your words to heart and learn the actual lore before sperging out

And everyone else can see the ghost too. Your speculation with no basis(which you're trying to pass as fact) has no leg to stand on.
I haven't even addressed the fact that you think Hlajti was a breton for some retarded reason. This is how much bullshit you're spewing in the name of speculation.

Actually if you ask anyone at ghostgate about Wulf they will not know about him.

Just admit you like men.

Thats not the thing we are talking about.

Then why do you think it recognizes you as Hjalti?
It's probable that all, or perhaps only most, of the player characters in TES game are Shezzarines. Even if they weren't, this is explicitly true in Skyrim. When you go to Sovngarde, the heroes say that they have to wait in the hall until Shor appears. Then they just so happen to leave the hall with you.

So your objection is specifically only to Wulfharth being Tiber Septim?

I never said they were. But they're more powerful than any mortal, even the Nerevarine.

So? He addresses you and calls you "Hjalti." Why do you think that is?

No. You don't get to avoid it anymore. Read The Arcturian Heresy.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Arcturian_Heresy

Oh I thought you were saying he wasn't an aspect of Tiber Septim.

Because its a fucking ghost which aren't capable of complex interactions in the first place. Also Tiber Septim was Dragonborn and so are you. That should sate your speculation without resorting to your fan fics.

Stop trying to pass your retarded fanfics as fact.
So you haven't even been reading the posts you're replying too?
Nerevarine isn't anyone special in the first place. Its just a name of the champions chosen by Azura in Vvardenfell to orchestrate the end of the Tribunal.
Nowhere does it state that Hjalti was a Breton. Hjalti isn't even a breton name you tard. How about you actually read it yourself?

Also
And when you talk to Tsun and tell him that you are a Listener he says

(((Pure coincidence.)))
You haven't really articulated your objections very well. Is that a "yes"?
Irrelevant. The point is, Auriel and Trinimac are more powerful than any mortal, and even they couldn't destroy the Heart, because it can't be destroyed.
>Hjalti was from the island kingdom of Alcaire, in High Rock
He didn't cut his teeth fighting the Forsworn for no reason.
Yeah, I thought about that. Ultimately, he still lets you in, and I don't think he'd necessarily be able to tell a Shezzarine from any other mortal. But that's a fair point. I think it's undermined by the ghost thing, though.

Are you fucking retarded
Fuck you for wasting my time with your stupidity. Go back to Dark souls generals and spread your fan fics there.

Fine, let's pretend Hjalti was a Nord. It doesn't change anything. Good job ignoring the rest of my post. I don't play Meme Souls.

The Nerevarine didn't "destroy" the heart, but rather broke its connection with Nirn by using Kagrenac's Tools crudely and without the proper incantations.

Dagoth Ur and the Tribunal's Essence was tied to the Heart being attached to the mortal plane in a very specific way, once the Nerevarine broke the enchantments the Heart fizzled and dissipated taking the energies the Tribunal/Ur relied on with it. Where the Heart of Lorkhan went is on no real consequence since it's no longer attached to the mortal plane and it's not coming back (nor is there anyone capable of harnessing it even if it did return since the Dwemer are all gone)

I would say that removing something from existance counts as destroying. One step above actually

The essence of Lorkhan's Heart still remains but it's beyond the reach of anyone in Nirn.

i like cute elf boys

Dark Elves
>literally black.

You mean aldmer
They were more of a client kingdom, but that was because of the war with Dagoth Ur.
They live in many different types of buildings including giant monster crab shells.
Look at this n'wah.

You Vivec shit himself when he confronted someone with real CHIM not his watered down hearth of Lorkhan version.

If you actually read the thread we have already established the niggest. Dunmer are too good as slave owners to be niggers.

Vivec achieved CHIM independently of his powers from the Heart. He was the only one of the Tribunal to do so.

At the risk of provoking autism, the setting of Morrowind seems to be a clear allegory to Roman-occupied Judea. The Dunmer are Jews, the Empire are the Romans, the Nerevarine is the messiah, and the Temple is…the Temple.

You can draw parallels but nothing is clear cut.
The temple prosecutes the Nerevarine, not the empire. The empire directly helps the player achieve Neravarine status.

I wouldn't be so sure. If the empire was was Romans Jesus wouldn't have been crucified.

Europeans designed our modern numbering system

That's fair. But there are enough similarities (in the setting overall, not the messiah story specifically) that I think it was clearly an inspiration.

You know what's even worse? In skyrim very often when you get a quest the NPC will not even mention where you are supposed to go, so good luck finding anything without waypoints. On the other hand almost none of the quests are worth doing.

The symbols of modern numbers were taken from Arabia, which took them from India. The oldest numeral system is Babylonian; it was base 60. The oldest base 10 numeral system is Egyptian.

Nah the whole Messiah story is a pretty standard template.

Reread my post.

The setting has even less similarities though

Europeans traveling through India created our MODERN numbers system, cucklord.

I have a question. Orc society is based around clans where a single male chieftain lays claim to all the women of his clan except his mother who becomes like a spiritual leader, but what happens when an orc society grows to thousands, or even tens of thousands? Realistically One male's work would never be done so to speak.

A knock-off Roman Empire occupying land where a race of people waiting for a messiah lives after they went on a religious exodus to escape persecution, and whose religion is currently in the midst of an internal struggle for its future? Seems pretty similar to me.

The Spaniards (Visigoths, really) took it from the Arabs in the 10th century. Stop pulling things out of your ass.

Get educated, cuck.

An orc chief is married to all the (non-related) women in his settlement. When the population grows, I assume they would just go out and found new settlements.
Also, there are a lot of orcs who leave their traditional villages and adapt to life in non-orc cultures.

Nope.
Even worse. Try cracking open your books before they collect too much dust, so you can see how you've got it wrong.

Oh don't be that way.

But how would it work in a very large city. I figure in many cases an orc male would leave to form his own clan. I am talking like when they build great cities like Orsinium. I figure it would then function more like Dark Elf societies with Powerful clans basically being like the Great Houses only more numerous.

that's only in the strongholds, orcs outside of them usually don't follow that stuff

I see what you're saying. Well, there's only ever been one orc city, Orsimer, and it's always destroyed again at some point.
I guess the only reasonable alternative would be to have some legal method of establishing a new clan within the same city.

Say I'm the orc chief of Obgrob (or something, all orc names are dumb) in Orsinium, and I have ten wives. I've had forty children, half of them sons. You're right that, if the traditional orc rules are followed, this will lead to a situation where the population either stops growing, or actually starts to shrink. But maybe I can appoint one or two of my sons to be the head of a new clan, or they can initiate the process. Maybe the residential part of the city is divided along clan lines, so that each clan's area is small enough that the ratio of wives to chief is reasonable.

That's all I've got. I went a little autistic there.

No I think that is a pretty good idea. Another way could be that the city has many clanless orcs who form families, there would be many clans in small mansions or stronghold like structures within the city.

I think OpenMW is really great :3~

It has slowed down again, I've dropped my modding for it because I'm sure it's never going to support the features I need to get shit to work.

o-oh… th-that's a shame… I think having an alternative to bethesda's engine (and particularly to having to use runtime hacks) is really important… (´・ω・`)

It absolutely is important to have such a thing, I can't wait for the day when we can completely ignore post Morrowind Lore and just enjoy Tamriel as it exists lorewise in Morrowind, but you can't force people to work on the engine, it still gets work, just not as much work as it needs, I expected 1.0 to hit end of year 2014, now I'm certain it will hit 1.0 some time after Elder Scrolls 7, true 1.0 that is, with the sdk feature complete.

On the flip side, Shotn put out a major release and Province Cyrodiil put out a major release too, it's just more Stirk content, which is great. the Bi annual Tamriel Rebuilt vid is due to release soon too, if they release one.

Jesus fucking Christ, dude. But I do agree with you on the parallels between Roman-occupied Judea and Morrowind. Helseth and barenziah are very reminiscent of Agrippa and Berenice, the shrines were clearly modeled after Western Semitic art styles, but there are other parallels too.

The arabs making anything of value and arabic numerals thing is nothing more than popular historical myth. Keep in mind: what was going on in the 10th century? The islamic invasion of Europe, which made spain into a contested territory. The arabs stole any advancements made by white countries they invaded, and like any other dirt race claimed ownership of it.

Did you ever bother to see who makes these books and what their agenda is? Most modern textbooks are based off of 1960s-70s revamped content, packed full of disinformation. Before then you could get a decent picture of what really happened but after the textbook revamp it was chock full of noble savage propaganda made to make any non-white race and country always appear as the good guy and full of brilliant offerings and contributions. This is where the anti-western movement started and the same subverters began portraying amerindians as the victims they appear as in movies from that era instead of being the savages they were, that were wiping themselves out more than any settler in the expansionist era ever had to do. To put this in perspective, amerindians are no longer popular to white knight, muslims/arabs are. So that's why you have these same people revising history and inventing the existence of muslim inventors that just so happened to exist pre-crusades. You can read more about these muslims that totally existed on wikipedia articles managed by people at university departments dedicated to revising history.

Is "clanless" an insult among orcs, or am I misremembering?

Could OpenMW be used to make an entirely new game, with modern high-quality assets? Obviously it would still have the same base structure as a Bethesda game. That might finally allow someone to break into Bethesda's niche and give them some competition.

But the Arabs stole their number system from India, not Spain. And they didn't really steal it, they just started using it.

You could do that anyways, the reason people want OpenMW is because mods will be able to do more since we will have the source code, and be able to modify it. Right now nobody has even implemented the stuff in MGE yet.

Thanks for redpilling me on how biased those damn historians are, unlike you.

What are essential mods for Morrowind? I want to finally do my idea of a Joanna d'arc type argonian female saint that frees fellow argonians and fights the vile ash-niggers.

The main problem with that is that you can't construct a "canon" saint in Argonian religion. It'd have to be full fanfiction.

It's okay, bro. I am just gonna Chim it into existence :^)

But do tell me more, how isn't it possible?

We just don't know if that aspect of argonian beliefs, which are frustratingly vague in lore anyway, exists. You'll have to fanfic your way out of this one.

OpenMW can be really great
the team is just retarded
adding all this shit that has nothing to do with recreating vanilla and arbitrarily deciding whether something was a bug or a glitch and therefore doesn't need to be brought over
I fucking hate how rigidly they stick to their idea of releasing the construction set together with a new release and having to make a video for them, going so far as to postpone release due to the video not having been made yet
as if enough people even care at the moment
these fuckers need to realize how retarded the average internet user is and do whatever they can to bring in new blood
all the mouthbreathers at the moment only have eyes for Skywind, not realising OMW could in theory be everything Skywind wants and claims to be, and more

OK I'm done now.

thanks for all the added flavor to this thread, famalam

You just described what remains of the entire modding community user.

I can't understand why they never face backlash over claiming the game's art and engine are selling points and that happens.

They do face backlash, it's just silenced.

Nope. Just nobody cares. You're one in a hundred.

fair point
I secretly hoped for wonderful things when it comes to OMW, but I've tried to stay realistic
there's nobody left willing to put all the work in

And when there are millions that's a lot.

Example?

That's what happens when you have poor project managers. They try to do too much, and the project just fizzles out. The fact they will not admit their mistakes is just another nail in it's coffin.

An example of silenced backlash? Look at the nexus, or bethesda forums. The only time I have seen the backlash have any real effect was the paid mods fiasco.

The game dev's own forum is low hanging fruit. It will by design have the greatest concentration of fanboys and only something as heinous as trying to monetize bugfix mods and take the lion's share will spark a backlash that even their fans can't defend and super-fans mods can't quash.

I don't think your complaint with them is "Bethesda is deliberately silencing criticism" but "Bethesda has a mass of cow-eyed dolts that will go to any length to defend their fuck ups and Bethesda recognizes that gives them a lot more room to fuck up".

There's already a working multiplayer version for it that has things down to NPC sync.

Hope is but the first step, on the road to disappointment.

But without hope, why get up in the morning?

Gib mod list, plox.

Now fuck off.

What do you use to make the bonfires, faggot?

Did you ever finish that necromancer quest training user?

CHIM

It will be a while. I play this game on and off. My ultimate goal isn't really to finish the necromancer training, just to build up a bunch of skellies to flood Dagoth Ur with.

You mean crash the game.

Never. It always just works!

I forget that greentexting implications at someone in a desperate attempt to pretend you have a point is standard fare posting on Holla Forums. Posts like these are an unfortunate reminder of things that should have stayed on cuckchan.

Free advice: using Narrative as a buzzword and subjecting beliefs you don't like as a narrative means you are willfully ignorant. I don't mean ignorant in the sense that the word itself has been used as a buzzword, I mean it as a legitimate dictionary calls it. And why is that? Because it means you lack the energy to discover what is true or not, what is a "narrative" and what is true. So when the heart of your rebuttal is to subject something as a narrative, it says more about you than the person you're replying to. No one who has put in the time and energy to know what is true or not decries something as a narrative and leaves it at that. Even in day-to-day debunking media lies, aka the collection of lies typically referred to the media narrative - the previous iteration of the narrative-buzzword - no self-respecting knowledgeable person calls it a narrative without throwing at it information that contradicts the media's lies and simultaneously informs people that they're being lied to.

In other words, a knowledgeable person doesn't stop when they're calling out a liar, they can say why it's a lie. A willfully ignorant person sees hard truths and utters, "narrative," as a buzzword because they otherwise can't prove why it's a narrative but want to appear sophisticated. Care to know what the true meaning of sophisticated means? It harkens back to Sophistry, the act of appearing to tell the truth but in actuality, lying. When you try to appear sophisticated, you are in actuality telling everyone you are a step below pretentious, willfully ignorant.

Someone a year or so back called it with eerie detail and said this would happen. I can't say I kept up with the drama but it sounds like there's a lot of meddling behind the scenes. I won't even go into what the community is like.

The most painful part is knowing the potential behind it and what can be gained. With that being as a risk of losing, I can't help but hope for the best but expect the worst. Dethroning Bethesda with an essence of what made them good long ago is what we need now more than ever.

What's genius about Morrowind's journal is that it naturally incentivizes you explore the world. In this instance it doesn't tell you where Caius Cosades is, but instead tells you somewhere to look, and you'll have to interact with the world to find the answer. So not only are you exploring the thieves guild, but there's also implications of why the cornerclub would know of Caius Cosades, and the implications of that relationship in the world.

Is this a good place to ask about ENB tweaking? I'm working on doing a Memerays only ENB for New Vegas (there is one up on the nexus but the file appears to be missing), and I've managed to get it working just fine, except when I switch the ENB off and back on I notice it's actually blurring the screen a little bit and is less sharp than the default. DOF is already off, as is everything else I could find, anyone have any idea what might be causing the light blurring? Is this just something ENB does?

I know what you are talking about as I had a problem like that in my morrowind game, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it though. Let me see if I can check. I believe for me it was a certain setting in MGE.

No wait I believe it was in skyrim that it was happening to. I no longer have it though so I can't check up on it. I don't know what kind of faggot would want that shit, it ruins screenshots, and is just generally irritating.

Honestly turning almost everything off except memerays has made it pretty bearable, though the loss in sharpness is turning me off. It's like it's using some cheap AA and everything I do to turn off the AA doesn't seem to work. I just like the idea of New Vegas having a harsh sun bearing down on the player. Honestly I'm probably asking in the wrong place as I know this is really more a Morrowind thread and ENB is more Oblivion/Skyrim shit.

I am almost certain you will find the solution if you use the ENB execute or whatever came with it. It's almost certainly a setting that can be easily turned off. Failing that you should go to the forum for that mod, and read through the comments. You will likely find several that have the same problem.

WHAT'S GOOD N'WAH?!

love it
hadn't even seen this before

Would you, Holla Forums?

Nah I would a male Argonian tho

Come on its even fucking canon.

Still working on babbie's first player home.

Does user like pic related? I'm a bit concerned that the Abbot's office and its bedroom may be a bit too cramped (the majority of the storage space is situated in the monastery proper).

For a mansion thats one small ass bedroom.

It's a monastery rather than a mansion. The superiors have even smaller bedrooms, while ordinary monks share a dormitory hall.

I'm trying to get the right mix between the Temple being rich as fuck and individual members of the Temple being required to display modesty.

I bet you nerds wouldnt even go buy the groceries for you moms but yet you play this garbage fetch quest game for thousands of hours

Fucking nerds, waste of oxigen

That looks pretty cozy user, I like the draws in the little cubby holy. You should add some small lockboxes for jewelry, and add some baskets for storing ingredients/food.

I might add a lockbox or two, but the monastery itself has its own dedicated alchemy room and (however small) kitchen, along with a storage room.

Seems nice. There's a lot of wasted space in the central area, though. Maybe get a bigger table, or a fireplace with chairs around it. You don't even have a couch. 5/10 has potential but needs more thought.

This triggers my autism. Other than that, looks pretty good.
Also, where do people shit?

No such thing as toilets in Morrowind. Dunmer don't poo in the loo.

I am consistently impressed by the quantity and (usually) quality of Gondola OC.
Polite sage for double post.

Fug, forgot my sage :::DDDDD

We need more gondolawind.

How unsurprising.

This board truly is dead.

That's the only Morrowind Gondola I had.

Looks like Contact.

You don't ironically Spurdopost?

Only if I post a Spurdo to go with the post. Otherwise, it devolves into a shitpost.

You don't have a face?

I am disgusted, but I'm even more disgusted when I realize that maybe 4/v/ is probably 70% fagboy elf-lovers.

You talk like an expert on the fine line between spurdoposting and shitposting. What are your credentials?

I studied and trained only with the highest and most qualified nobles of Spurdo philosophy. There's was an eloquence that taught me what a true fine art Spurdoposting is and I shall cherish my time among such nobility for the rest of my days.

Now that's a rare gondola.

Khajiits are fucking gypsies. And those are like the worst indians, niggers and jews in one form. They are so bad that they were kicked out from India.

Play this around any Dunmer from Vvadenfell, you'll get results instantly.

delete this

no.

live with it. fetcher.

CHIM CHIM CHAROO!!

What did she mean by this?

That's woman code for "I need my face slapped three ways to sunday."

End of screenshot dump.

you think that's bad how about wanting to fug a chub orc femboy

yes, i like to imagine that i'm a lizardman warlord with a femboy orc slave, just plowing his thick green ass while he moans like a slut.

FAGGOTS GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no

why must you hurt me so?

they really just don't care how much they rape the series do they?

What is this horseshit?

they're dwarves

This isn't genius. This should be fucking STANDARD for an RPG. I wonder what basic RPG element Skyrim 2 will remove.

No they're not. Only dunmer had skin colored like ash, and that was a curse.

Skyrim 2 will reduce armor sets to two pieces(head and body), and use a magic system similar to fable 3.

It actually looks good, except for the skin. Dwemer had pale skin, not blueish-ash like de Dunmer (that was a curse).

Only the Chimer were cursed. The Dwemer don't even worship any gods to get any curse from.

Kirkbride is actually a massive balding liberal manlet, the kind that worshiped Obama and Hillary without any second thought and thinks that Trump will end the world.
I'm his friend on kikebook.

Source, in case it ever comes up again in the TeS threads.

Just look at his profile. If he's not posting about his Warhammer collection he is behaving like the biggest liberal cuck you ever saw.

So what? His lore is top-tier. I don't give a fuck what music my barber listens to as long as he cuts hair well, and I don't care who makes my vidya as long as it's good.

It would matter if your barber sliced your throat for being in his opinion a nazi.

Sure, but vidya creators don't have that power.

Regardless, knowing someone's politics can be very important. Especially when they might get their friends together to ruin your life over something harmless.

You live in a fantasy world where Michael Kirkbride is going to call you a cuck or something. There's no reason to give a fuck about a creative person's politics–only their work. I know plenty of musicians who are assholes in real life; I still listen to their music if it's good.

Disgusting

Sounds more like you just want to stick your head in the sand. Enjoy their products if you want, but your attitude is the reason games like skyrim became the norm. These kinds of people ruin everything they touch eventually.

Skyrim became the norm because of the influx of casuals with no standards, not because people didn't badger game developers over their political beliefs. You are retarded.

Being wary of an ideology of known psychopaths, is not badgering someone. You are just trying to make yourself look better than the other user who called out a developer's political bias. You sure you belong here?

I would rather talk about video games on Holla Forums than politics, so yes. Do you?

Where do you think we are?

Holla Forums

Right Holla Forums - Everything Mark doesn't delete. You should know this by now.

If TES and Fallout games' casualization are anything to go by, then is right about the armor. Other than that:

In addition, if the halfchan's "betheseda leaker" is right, settlement mechanic will be implemented in TES VI: Akavir and game will revolve around colonizing the island, and TES VII will be set in the entire Tamriel with Dwemers returning to fuck shit up

100% bullshit, calling it now.

This would be Andromeda tier.

I think so to, time will tell.

Here's a perhaps stupid question:
I have yet to play morrowind and want to. Should I just go ahead or wait for openMW? I hear it#s almost feature-complete.

It is a stupid question because you already know the answer.

Fair enough. I'm using the TES general website from halfchan as a modguide. Am I supposed to Morrowind Code Patch and the unofficial patch as well? What unofficial patch would I get?

Code patch has been fine for me. I like it for sneak toggle and fixes to the typos but it isn't necessary for a first playthrough. No mod really is needed, except for a rumor fix so you can get all the rumors that are in the pre-Bloodmoon game.

Make sure you also install the Solstheim Rumor Fix and Delay Dark Brotherhood Attack mods. Then you're good to go; everything else is just icing on the cake.