Titanfall 2 thread

Some faggot made a thread a day or two ago; it was raw cancer and was bumplocked summarily. Hopefully this one will be a bit better.

Monarch's Reign released the other day. How are you enjoying the new titan and the nerfs to the R-97 and the P2016? I haven't had a chance to play it yet but as far other balance changes go, although they made Ion worse I still think she's very good. The laser shot damage wasn't too significant, and the energy change just makes it so you can't double tap enemy titans when you have full energy. Northstar is still pretty awful and Scorch depends on the map in order to be good; I don't know what they could do to Scorch to make him more useful overall, but that's probably just a quirk of his design. Northstar needs some serious improvement in all her abilities, and it kind of baffles me how they've left her alone for this long.

Anyway, enough bitching from me. Tell me, what's your favourite:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cBRy3CIT!RaaJ586ILtbUhv24G05mEntKRFG90yJYKcnz2NPjK5U
twitter.com/Respawn/status/873944104996003844
outcome.nofate.me/?
trademarkia.com/bayonetta-77444642.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

origin free when

Grapple, Holopilot
Scorch (rip), Northstar
I have the most kills on my Mastiff (the pic number is double now) but I don't think I can say I main any
Glitch
Alkyhol man, Robo girl, Hitler and Oy. I rotate.

I don't think she's awful, she's just incredibly straight forward. Her railgun is her only source of damage as opposed to other Titans which have 2+, Scorch included. Not to mention that it's slow to charge, with slow uncharged fire-rate, along with a tiny slow projectile. She can definitely be strong but I think she's weaker than most other titans if only by a bit.

Monarch made Scorch pretty much obsolete. Her arc round in the first upgrade core makes her burn through defensive measures like butter and makes his only reliable source of damage and defense completely garbage. His thermite launcher doesn't compete with other primaries in the slightest and if they don't buff him in the next update he's 100% dead. He's still pretty good on complex though.

This. At this point I'd even be fine with actually buying it instead of pirating, but I just don't want to use fucking origin

the game really is a ton of fun, but it's completely understandable why more people don't play. Origin is trash.

Good use for northstar is to just stay as far away as possible and use the heat sights upgrade to see enemies through the fog of war and so they'll never shoot back at you.

Also I can't tell if the new titan is imba or not, sometimes I go through them like butter, other times I seem to die instantly.

The thing that fucks me about Northstar is that she's squishier than all the other titans, but her trap doesn't actually do anything because anyone caught can just shoot it. It's a one-second delay, if that, and her hover is only relevant to avoid damage from Scorch and Ronin. Once she jumps through all the hoops necessary to make her kit good, then her reward for doing it is a tiny, slow projectile. The whole thing is out of whack.

At least it's just bad and not spyware anymore. I can hardly berate people for wanting to avoid such an awful program.

I really can't move away from Viper Thrusters anymore. They make both the hover and core rise up from garbage to decent.
Monarch needs momentum and care to be good. She's just like Northstar in that she can be gangbanged very easily. In fact I play her like Northstar and I do pretty good I'd say.

Aiming her rocket like Ion's laser would be a nice change. Her projectile right now is sub Wingman elite speed, which is the fastest in the game. I'd like to see it become faster definitely.

Reminder to join the [8ch] PC network and to take care of Monarch-chan as she is trying her best!

also
For aesthetics I definitely use Pulse, for actual gameplay I run Stim.
Monarch!
Mastiff/Softball
Homestead on CTF for gravboosting and Boomtown otherwise.
Vinson Dynamics.

I'd join but I don't have a mic and I don't want to see how much of a pathetic lifeless faggot I am.

Stim, but I've been using Stealth to get the new execution.
Monarch. Haven't played anything else since the update, she's super fun.
Volt. The buff made it breddy gud again.
Anything but Angel City.
I got a billion levels in Angel City Elite, but I've been using Marvin since he's the least annoying.

I think the update is great, but they really gotta buff Scorch. He had problems before but this update really fucked him over.

I did join.

On PS4.

nobody really communicates there anyway. you could just wear it as a badge of somesort. i doubt we will ever be able to set up a party or anything similar anyway.

pretty good choices i hate the volt, though. when the monarch hype train dies down and people start to realize how subpar she is compared to other titans, the metaniggers will go back to their tones. this should open up some breathing room for scorch again but yeah he needs some sort of buff as well

at least that's something

I used to dislike the Volt but I grew to like it. It's more accurate than the CAR and seems to do more damage as well.
Also, I don't think Monarch is subpar compared to other titans. It takes a bit for her to start shining but her kit allows for a harassing playstyle that's a bit more aggressive than how you'd play Tone. Timing rearm and baiting opponents into a double smoke screen is funny as hell. Legion does shit thunder all over her, though.

The indoors area on Relic is amazing for Monarch and her Maelstrom. It's a constant clusterfuck and you deal so much damage that you can kill a full health legion in 6 seconds in a massive AOE.

I actually haven't tried a Maelstrom focused build yet. Only really ran one relying on the XO-16 and one that's purely rocket spam.

Maelstrom does probably the most DPS out of her entire kit. i wish i was joking. I run Overcore, Energy Thief, Dome Shield, 1. Arc Rounds, 2nd Maelstrom, 3rd Superior Chassis. Monarch is really flexible lewd! with her equipment, which makes her great imo.

Yeah, I heard a figure being thrown around that it quadruples damage or something. I'll give it a spin next time I play.

My biggest complaint with TF is that so few people play it, including people I know. If any of you anons would like to play, my Origin is 1776-1488. Just let me know.

Added you.

Pulse blade, I'm paranoid and would like even the smallest bit of awareness.
Scorch
Mastiff and EPG, I'm much more comfortable with projectile weapons
Eden, close quarters make it really ideal for my usual loadout
Apex, I guess?

That's the saddest part. Feels bad every time I see the player population on console. Fuck's sake, even Xbone players outnumber PC.

Holo Pilot or Grapple
S C O R C H
C
O
R
C
H
Mastiff
Glitch is fantastic.
The Angel City one (Barker's), I forget the name. Apex and MRVN are also good.

I don't know what to make of Monarch or how effective she is. She can be a pain to deal with as Scorch, but Legion absolutely tears Monarch to pieces, even groups of them, and she also seems to struggle against Tone somewhat.

Speaking of which, I'm very glad Tone got nerfed a while back. She used to be easy to play to the point where she just felt boring, and everyone was using her, but now she takes a bit of thought in regards to positioning etc and it's a lot more fun to use her as a result.

Sent you an invite.
My Origin ID is Diriquix if anybody wants to sent me an invite.

might as well post mine as well, then: Feraell

did someone say dubs

Legion is fun.

Holo pilot. I got a dynamite loadout using the wingman elite, gravity star and epg with holo pilot that I havent really not had success with.
Scorch and northstar . I want to try out monarch but so many people are playing the fucker dammit.
Epg. The fuck is a hitscan?
Drydock and relic
Barker. No excuse.

Mind if I join in on the adding process? A buddy I used to play with finally just gave up with the game because admitted he couldnt fucking hit someone going fast. Origin is CurryWeek

I've actually found really good success with scorch versus Monarch. Like I just got out of an lts match and I was pushing their monarchs to the wall. But thats probably because monarchs usually take overcore and skip on the extra dash, even though that with rearm refilling your dash meter you can have mobility only ronin can replicate with an atlas chasis.

Games ok.

grapple
Meh, I feel like they lack personality compared to even the old voice options

Whatever

I dont really have a favorite
eh

Top tier loadout. I play Monarch even though
a lot of shitters are trying her out. Hope the hype dies down soon and I can settle down in a nice cottage with her.
Added you on Origin, but it seems like most of the guys in here are NA. Every time I'm on everyone is offline.

why even bother posting? there is nothing to judge here. Also if you want some more personality try out the Japanese voices, they sound and feel MUCH better imo.

mega.nz/#!cBRy3CIT!RaaJ586ILtbUhv24G05mEntKRFG90yJYKcnz2NPjK5U
Just drag and drop the "bin, r2 and vpk" folders into
X:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2
and overwrite any files. It will revert to English after every patch so you will have to get the new "general_japanese_patch_X.mstr" from someone who has a Japanese copy of the game.

This game doesn't even have paid DLC except for some skins that look "meh" at best.

now it's just maddening when I can't do the same shit I used to be able to. Kill me, or alternatively fuck this game.

just git gud again. don't let your titanfu down, user!

Speed boost, I gotta go fast
Ion or an upgraded Tone
I dont fucking know
Angel City, Eden, or Glitch
A.C.E all day

Whats up with that anyways? I didnt realize TF had that much of a learning curve.

Yes, exactly.

it's impossible for me to keep speed nowadays, so even if I wanted to slip around and gunsight people, I'm just not used to it.

So we let all the good games die and leave nothing but Madden and Cod?

No, you let EA and activision die so they stop making Madden and CoD.

Because that will totally work when normalfag fucks are buying that garbage constantly. Stop letting your autism take over and play what you enjoy.

how often does this garabe go on sale

Was on sale a while ago. Check Kinguin, G2A and G2Play (or any similar site) for the best price.

Fuck off. Be the change you want to see in the world.

you're delusional.

And you're retarded.

By buying the one good fps game EA has put out in years, it's definitely the other way around. Corporations listen to where the money is, not where it isn't. If everyone buys Titanfall 2, they look at it and try to figure out why it worked. Of course, they can completely misunderstand and rape it, but eventually if enough good things sell well they might think "we should make good things". If they never realize it, then people who like good things only buy the couple of good things they make every now and then because they're good. And if no one buys Titanfall 2, they'll just drop it and still make millions off of Madden/Fifa/Battlefield and everything else until people stop buying those or they make some BIG mistakes. Otherwise things will stay the same.

you guys should use the R97 against /tfg/.
the salt is fucking delicious

a bit optimistic aren't we?

normalfags won't stop buying them by the billions. FIFA was successful on the goddamn Wii u. They will never die as long as they keep making them, all you will do is kill the remaining good games.

And even though titan fall 2 is a fun game, it tells them the money is in more CoD clones. Not to mention any money they get from it could just be siphoned off into Sims 5: more DLC edition. I mean this is why is so relevant. Because you keep crawling back to EA and supporting them so they can figure out how to fuck you more. They're like politicians, they will put on fake promises but as soon as the vote/money is in their hands, your ass is back on rape list. /r/ing that image of "Battlefield will no longer have paid DLC".

R97 is boring and unfun, though.

Yeah, I agree, but when I say might I mean that as a like, 10% chance. And I do have to say THAT is being optimistic.

Titanfall 2 is pretty far from a COD clone. You're acting as if I've bought ever single EA game that had the slightest possible chance of being good. And how is EA gonna fuck me next? By not making Titanfall 3? I'm fine with that, 2 is plenty of fun. And yeah I know EA has shitty leadership, but the people in charge probably weren't even close to a video game company 2-3 years ago, they probably dont have a lot of loyalty, and the next guy isn't gonna know what the last guy did to make a game popular.

To be completely honest, EA published a well made game, and I wanted to play it. Granted, I didn't purchase it myself as a friend gifted it to me, but I would have bought it because I pay for shit that is good.

suits don't know that
By lowering the bar for videogames every where, making new forms of DRM to infest games with and buying out and raping various devs. You think if EA was a failure we would still have game companies with the audacity to make shit into microtransactions? No, they would see it as a death sentence because EA tried it and failed. But what do we see instead? That making the same games, charging out the ass for everything, and making the most obnoxious and anti-consumer DRM systems is the path to success.

I wouldn't say they're fucking me by doing all that I have no stake in the industry, I have so many games to play at the moment that if it got that bad I could just leave it. They hold no power over me, just power over a hobby which I can choose to leave its current iteration at anytime.

It's worth noting that although Titanfall 2's sales have been increasing each month since its launch, overall the game didn't outsell its predecessor, which is a black mark on its resume as far as the EA bean counters are concerned. If EA does "listen to the money" as 06c56c is implying, then we won't get more of the series barring a retool into some freemium hell. There's already a tower defence spinoff, and although it hasn't impacted the quality of the content for the game itself I shudder to think what the alleged Korean market Titanfall project is. Vid related has some detailed numbers, and floats the idea of potential Titanfall sequels being PR projects for EA as much as products; I'm skeptical of the idea, but I think that'd be the optimal outcome.

Frankly, as much as any of us would like to deny it, we play the game for one reason: it's good enough to be worth selling your soul to EA this once. The last product of theirs I bought was Mass Effect 3 back in 2012 (I know, I know, I was young and stupid then), and I purchased this game on sale. Given that absolutely none of EA's first- or second-party games interest me, I can rest easy in the knowledge I won't have to buy anything but Titanfall 2.

This is one of the reasons why, although an excellent video, I feel isn't wholly relevant for me and others like me in the thread. I don't "keep crawling back" to EA, unless you consider one video game every 4+ years to be "crawling back."

And you have revealed your stupidity. It's true, you have a backlog that you could probably work on until you die or get bored of videogames all together. But this is the mindset of a consumerist whore. You care not for quality, you care not for the future, you care not for your own hobby, and you care not for others in your hobby. Why accept EA and their bullshit? They're just like any other company in the world and will keep kicking you around until you stop supporting them. Fucking stand up for some principles. You are fucking spineless, and willing to bend over as long as you can get a shiny new toy. You drop any kind of values or morals for a game that you yourself said you don't need. Work on that fucking backlog instead of supporting EA, or admit that you want new games, in which case stop supporting EA so the industry can get better.

You're only digging yourself deeper into this hole. If supporting it won't get you more titanfall, then you have even less reason to buy it. And even if you aren't a repeat customer, with every dollar you say to them "I condone everything EA has done".

I can't speak for the other guy, but I'm accepting it for this one game because Titanfall 2 is good enough.

I'll spell it out for you: I know that EA is unhealthy for the industry. In spite of that, I am willing to purchase one game on sale because it is a high quality game with mechanics I can't find anywhere else.

I like Titanfall 2 and I will keep playing it whether you like it or not.

Then accept your bullying for supporting cancer.

I played the free weekend some time ago, and I too like it. And you're right, I can't stop you, but I can berate you for acting like a retard and supporting EA.

Pretty often, you could probably get it for $20 or 30 new on Amazon anyways.

I'm fine with Titanfall 2 as it is, its still getting free updates and though I love to see a continuation of the story I'm happy enough with the multiplayer, there's still a dedicated community. Respawn owns the IP anyways so at the end of the day the ball is in their court.

A couple threads ago there was another user who recorded and posted some of his highlights. Are you out there, user? Did you do anything cool recently?

Not him, and I'm not that special, but I keep a few of mine that amuse me.

Don't teabag, kids.

I would have liked this one a lot more if I hit the second wall-jump at 0:21 but I was scared that I would miss it so I didn't bother trying to go for it.

Have another one.

On this one I fucked up at 0:36 as I wall-ran way too long. Must. Go. Faster.

This one has a PERFECT 360 at the end, no idea how I managed it.

Last one.

So I spent today playing around with legion, I can report that Monarchs melt infront of him, the original hitscan titan. Your shitty xo16 ain't got shit on the predator cannon.

Hidden compartment makes it a walk over.

I haven't had too many problems against Legions in my Monarch unless they have SmartCore active.

I engage them at a distance.

At long range it doesn't matter if you are spun up you can still dodge the monarch's missiles, or put up your shield as you see them coming, while they can at best try to poke out from behind cover at which point your precise long range cannon can easily chip away at him.

At close range the monarchs usually can dance around cover and keep hitting you with the rockets all the time, while you are relatively slow.

Something is off about the lightning in that game. Maybe there are too few dynamic lightsources, or not enough shadows.

Glitch is such a good map for CTF.

My guess is it was recorded on low settings. The game itself has good lighting, if few dynamic sources.

It's a map converted from TF1, that probably has more to do with it. It's really nice, none of the eye murdering bloom.

It really is.

I hope they bring back Nitro CTF. Regular CTF with titans is fucking retarded.

That Engrish is cute.

Anyone supporting this shit should kill himself

How would you Scorch?

As some other anons and I have discussed, Scorch seems obsolete in the current state of the game. I know plenty of anons dislike the concept of a meta since it lends credence to faggots on YouTube who screech at every balance patch, but overall I love archetypes like Scorch's, and the concept of lighting people the fuck on fire is just cool on its own. I broach this topic not because I want to jerk off about how smart I am, but because I don't want Monarch's constant defensive bullshit to replace something unique like Scorch.

Anyway, we all know what he does, so why is he bad?

While all of these are legitimate points against the guy, I think the final point about his payoff not necessarily being good enough is the most damning. Nothing wrong with a highly specialized character who requires work to be good, but when your payoff is mitigated by a couple pushes of the space bar then things need to change.

We could retool things completely, but I think a more elegant solution would be to have firewall apply a snare effect on hit that either reduced a titan's movement speed or locked out their dashes for a couple seconds on hit. This would simultaneously give Scorch another semi-long rage option, prevent his opponents from kiting him as easily, and ensure people actually stood in fire.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, though. Inform me if I'm missing something obvious.

Why the FUCK do games always have railguns as a slowass projectile

That's the exact opposite of the whole point of railguns

the 20mm is hitscan, though )))))))
nice hitler dubs

Found my first hacker.

Titanfall 2 got the COD cold. Everything is useless except assault weapon hitscans and SMGs.

Titanfarru cuckime when?

Just spitballing here, but what if the firewall made enemy titans take a small chunk of damage for every dash they do while in the fire due to overheating?

Anyone in this thread who actually purchased this should fellate a shotgun.

Welp. Its dead folks. The devotion is nerfed. Infact its so nerfed I'm nearly at a loss for words describing how bad it is. Its reliability is like the mastiff post buff in all the wrong ways. Damage now spools up along with the fire rate, meaning half your mag is gone by the time your doing full damage and by that time your essentially using an unweildly r-97 with a longer reload. For the last 4 days I've tried running this gun and making it work and I cant . This gun is now only for people who want to use it with the A-wall and hope for the best before getting epg'd to fuck or people who want to try and use this thing aggressively to see how bad it is. Its dead jim.

Somehow, I'm okay with this. Maybe it would have been easier to balance if the rate of fire didn't reset every time you released the trigger, but they may have tested that and determined clicking twice a second was too little investment given how OP the gun is once revved up.

Add a Monarch stereotype.

What should the stereotype be? I haven't really played her.

I rather it be useless than the broken piece of shit it was before. I'm glad the Spitfire is better than it now.

Well. It should revolve around the fact that monarch was supposed to be a support titan but in actuality everyone who uses it runs headlong into battle, rushes for executions no matter what situation of battle is with energy thief, and never tries anything interesting with her numerous amounts of kits.

By the way: the game is on sale for $20 right now, which is half the normal sticker price, if any anons were interested in selling their souls on the cheap.

Like so?

Yeah. After a potential nerf to energy thief and people moving back to their old mains, thats when we can make it more positive. Until then us northstar mains shall eat monarchs for breakfast and scorch mains will pull through against all odds.

I can't understand what they're saying but I imagine it's sensual.

Call me when it's $10

Kidding im not wasting time nor money on this shit

Inferno shield still is the clown-pie-to-the-face rape of titanfall.

Multiplayer is now free until the 18th. Go try it out of you're interested in the game. twitter.com/Respawn/status/873944104996003844

I really wish EA cared enough to bring this up at E3, I would imagine it would attract a lot of people to the game. I guess games where you can go fast are considered "niche" now.

Titanfall 2 got half a second in a sizzle reel at the end of EA's conference. I think they're trying to let it die quietly so Titanfall 3 can be more Jewish.

Did it? I watched most of EA's conference and I guess I either forgot it or never saw the end of it. There's no way they would do that with TF3 though, they already said they're stopping that shit with Battlefront 2017.

Man, why did Titanfall have to end up with a shitty publisher?

explain. I haven't played in forever but wasn't R-97 the high RoF SMG that essentially never needed aiming and you could just hipfire kills without even trying?
I feel fucking bad for anyone who mains NS. Her core is absolutely fucking shit, and she should have Tone's core. Her core makes absolutely no sense whatsoever with how she's meant to be played. Also, speaking of
Have they made any adjustments on it from a year ago? Everyone and their mom played Tone all the time because it was by FAR the easiest to rack up kills with. Its pilot killing ability was simply unfairly superior to the other titans. Instant kill splash damage shots in a faster reloading mag, the shield, the core, etc. Ion is a great Titan, for example (she's my main) but getting the same amount of kills that I would in a Tone takes 150% of the effort. Tone is point and click garbage, it kills me how advantaged it is when racking up kills compared to other titans.
Scorch is situational but holy fuck do I love him. He would be my main, if he wasn't as constrained as he is. But sweet christ if you happen to line up all those DoTs nice and solid, watching the enemy Titans' HP bars drop off a cliff and detonate is so satisfying.
wait wat

And yes in regards to Origin it is the only thing holding this back (intentional on the part of EA, they actually tried to sabotage the devs when they released the game). I mean we haven't had a shooter that felt this tight and responsive with a healthy dose of creativity and customization in how many years?

Yep. You got to see the second half of the stim execution, and it cut to the next game while the final punch was still in motion.
Did they? I don't remember anything they said during the gameplay footage; it all blurred together to my eyes.

They did, at least in terms of free maps or modes. It was just easy to forget because the entirety of EA's conference was horrible and because Battlefront 2 looked bland with a horrible map to show it off.

Did they make the Spitfire better? Because that shit was by far the worst gun. It sucked in every single category: recoil, spread, damage, accuracy over time, just fucking everything. No one ever used it and for good reason. All they needed to do was adjust one or two of those values but it went for ages without being touched at all.

How shit is Origin? I boykot all games with Devuno because it sucks hard and i dont want it on my PC. Is Origin just Steam with a different name or is Origin as bad as Devuno?

I remember them saying free something or other, but I thought it was lip service to cover their asses before slamming more map packs down peoples' throats.

I think they buffed the damage so you can spray and pray better. It's still pretty bad, through, so I wouldn't bother unless you really want to use it.

It's just a bad Steam. You can opt in to spyware if you file a bug report, but the program itself doesn't do much.
The game does have Denuvo, although it doesn't fuck up performance like Rime did, with hundreds of thousands of pings per second.

They buffed it across the board months ago. It's extremely accurate for the first few rounds and the recoil is pretty forgiving, but you basically have to ADS to hit anything past point blank range.

I didn't even know that added a new battlemech Titan to the game until I read this thread. Therefore I can't comment on Scorch's ability versus Monarch's because I have no frame of reference, but considering how much I enjoy Scorch I hope you're fucking wrong, the last thing I want to see is Scorch being made obsolete. Well, alright, second to last thing, the first being a Tone buff.

Scorch is a Titan that relies heavily on tight spaces and/or teamwork. Read that a second time. The first part is obvious, and you can have relatively decent success with Scorch on an enclosed map even if you're not coordinating terribly well with your team. That second part is something everyone seems to ignore. Given how slow Scorch is, it doesn't allow him to flank very well, and it takes him forever to do so which requires having enemy Titans pinned down in one area for far too long. Also given how strong he is in tight places, he reaches peak potential when you have an actual team that's coordinating and talking. The best they can do is have one or two Titans flank on the side and produce a diversion while at the same time trapping them against you, in the Scorch, on the front line. Scorch is much more about positioning and area denial, and because he sucks at flanking and can stack shit tons of damage on one spot, his ideal place is setting up a pincer trap with another teammate or two.

Obviously this still can't really apply on open maps, and now I'm left wondering what Monarch can do and what it's strengths are because I don't know why someone would posit that it might make Scorch obsolete.

Monarch has an upgrade ability that drains Ion's and Scorch's shield by shooting at them with her primary. She is also incredibly slippery and can shit out multiple electric smokes that each do x4 the damage of a normal smoke, as well as slow you down with an ability that will also beef up her shield for more survivability.
She's essentially really good at harassing titans around mid range and keeping them at bay. Since Scorch is really slow and his shield ability extremely important it kinda fucks him over when he runs into a good Monarch.

Mind you, I haven't played in about a week. The few Scorches I ran into when I played didn't know how to deal with her.

Yeah I just finished a private game I hosted to take a look at her. Her customization options are ridiculous. The thing I noticed, however, was that her core abilities are not easy to come by. She has three core upgrade abilities, each with three options, and from what I can tell, in order to get the second upgrade, you need to charge up your core, use it, and then fully charge it a second time. So while her "core upgrade 3" abilities might be pretty strong, it requires getting three fucking cores without dying.

At first glance the balance seemed a bit broken from all the abilities she appeared to have, but upon further inspection it looks like most of the more game changing ones are locked behind successive core charges, which requires pretty skillfull play (assuming a match wherein all players are roughly the same skill). From what I've seen, most people generally only get one core out of their titan before it gets wrecked, or more uncommonly a couple. Getting three in a single "life" would be a challenge, so I suppose those abilities she has are well suited to that difficulty. Coming back from a doomed state by using a battery charge sounds like an enormous advantage, but it's behind a wall of "stay alive and get enough kills for this long."

As far as Scorch goes, I don't know how I'd counter her. She can zap my shield so that's not an option. My stationary DoTs won't mean much considering she can dash a couple times and then pop her "rearm" ability, giving her back both dashes after a moment. With your shield down she can just dump lead and rockets into you, and if you put it up she'll leech it to charge her own shields. Yeah, I can't imagine what Scorch would be able to do. The only option you probably have is to stay behind cover at all times unless she's up close. You'd either have to flank Monarch without her knowing, or bait her into coming around a corner face to face. And even then, with her available options, you won't be able to sustain damage on her for long enough to knock her health down to maybe half.

I smell some balance changes in the works. Until then I expect to hear a good amount of complaints from Scorchers. I'm not looking forward to my future matches where I run into that shit.

Her core gains a bit faster than others and you can speed it up with abilities, so it's not unreasonable. But it's pretty rare you'll get all 3 upgrades, you have to play extremely well and get at least one or two executions. Doesn't happen much in an LTS game since everyone deals mostly even damage.

But yeah, Scorch is pretty easily bullied right now. Someone suggested Scorch and Legion should get a boost by default and not be able to pick an additional one. That might help a bit.

Some other buff ideas I've seen for Scorch (because Legion is fine as-is) are:

The thing is even all of those combined wouldn't really even the playing field against Monarch. The issue with Monarch is that she's new, and she fucks up shields. Also the stupid amount of customization she has means it's going to be much more difficult to find a tried and true method of fucking her shit up, and considering she's new, there's no "meta" or method for her yet.

I mean offhand I can't really think of what her weaknesses would be. Her dps is a bit sucky because of the inaccuracy of her weapons when she has no cores, but other than that she seems like a more versatile Ion (she can even snipe people with her shield-zapper thing just like Ion can with her laser).

Just got this because of the sale. Don't want to deal with Origin's shit because it's a huge privacy invasion and from what I'm reading it's a resource hog for what it does.

Has anyone tried outcome.nofate.me/? I found this site a little suspect. I've been reading his personal blog and the guy seems pretty legit but I dunno. Seems a little too convenient or whatever.
Alternatively I was just going to throw everything necessary into Sandboxie and run it that way.

It's fine for Scorch to have a bad matchup against Monarch. I think those buffs, either in a combination or all together, would make him a better titan who can actually compete with titans like Tone and/or Ion and/or Ronin.

Well, one one hand, I've never heard of this before now; I think I would have given how much people hate Origin but apparently people use it for Battlefield and other stuff, which I've never cared about, so maybe not. On the other hand, his blog was last updated in 2015, which is the latest year I can find a video (embed related) demonstrating the program's functionality. The program simply may not work anymore, and if it does it might introduce instability to Origin games, especially if you're playing online.

Then again, I've never had memory troubles with Origin, so I don't think I'll be using it unless I can ensure it's 100% trustworthy.

Getting all three cores is pretty easy if you understand that she can't win head on engagments
Your only real defense is when you core up, as it give you your full shields back. This allows you to be aggressive, lose your shield, then pop your core to get it all back. It fucks with people momentum for titan kills.

You just got noscoped

How short is the single player campaign? How many multiplayer mode are there? Play it during the beta, most of multiplayer mode seem lackluster and generic. it got 50% off on psn and cosidering buying it.

About 4-5 hours depending on difficulty. It's short but sweet.
Attrition, bounty hunt, amped hardpoint, last titan standing, pilots only, capture the flag, live fire, free-for-all (nobody plays that, though) are the default multiplayer modes. There is also the colosseum, which is 1v1 combat in an arena with projectile weapons, and a featured playlist which you can opt into; the featured playlist usually has a variation on a standard mode, like Nitro CTF or Titan Brawl, or a new map 24/7 playlist.
I've never found it lacking for diverse experiences, personally.

Meh, its better than downloading origin. Is there any co-op in this? all this PvP stuff tend to get boring after a while because its pretty much the same thing which is basically "muh K/D".

She's fine now, they toned her down to the point where she's still decent and nowhere near as effortlessly OP as she used to be. If you get up close to Tone now she can't really do a whole lot about it. I much prefer her like this, she used to be easy to play to the extent where she was boring to use.

Co-op as in modes where you fight the AI? There have been rumours that frontier defence, a mode from TF|1 will return, but right now it's just players vs players.
It's a point of pride, sure, but the game tracks your points and contribution to the objectives first. In modes like bounty hunt or LTS you can get zero player kills but still carry the team.

More like a special co-op mission like The Resistance 2 for PS3. I always like playing that co-op than the PvP stuff. and you have boss battle too. Why is it when it come to FPS multiplayer, it always PvP, shit get tiresome after a while

Correction
It would be pretty uncommon to get three cores in a game where all player skills are equal, because then they wouldn't be stupid enough to let you live/they'd be skillful enough to flank you and run you down with teamwork.

Single player campaign isn't long, but they actually do a good job of it. Everyone was praising the campaign, players and critics alike, back when it released. Obviously you buy the game for the MP, but the SP is like a sweet double cherry on top of the cake.

Why's that?
Whenever I explained to someone precisely what the issue was with Tone, they almost always went full plebbit retard with "hurr durr she's not that hard 2 kill!11 git gud!" And they ignored me when I explained that wasn't the issue. She just had all these advantages that made it easier for her to get kills against pilots (she was essentially just as good at sniping as NS, if not better) and people refused to NOT play her because they wanted those oh so awesome K/Ds that proved to the world they were fucking 1337.
It's good to hear they made some changes but I don't understand what they could have altered to make her bad up close. The biggest single issue with Tone was her primary: plenty of shots that insta-killed pilots on direct hits and had splash anyway if you missed. I can't see how she wouldn't be able to frag pilots as easily as before unless they drastically changed the damage model of her gun.

There isn't even any mode in which K/D is a game winner by definition. The closest you get to that is the mercenary mode gametype, and you can still come in first even if you suck by avoiding other players and slaughtering the AI. Respawn made sure that their PvP modes couldn't be just distilled down to "kill other players more." That still does make a huge difference, because it NEEDS to in a multiplayer FPS, but it is not the sole focus and it's not even required.

Okay, I'm gonna made the jump and buy it even though its an EA game but if it suck ass, I'm gonna shit post in this thread for shilling it.
One thing that bother me though, Why EA hasn't done any jewing with this game? I mean a free DLC? That doesn't sound like EA at all. There's gotta be a catch.

I think people view modes like Halo's Firefight, or CoD's Spec Ops/Zombies modes as "diversions" and view PvP as the real deal.

If you make the co-op fun with interesting objectives instead of killing wave and wave of enemies it can work, also I never played Halo or CoD games I dont know what that co-op modes feels like.

Because you just walk through her shield. All she can do at that point is shoot; unlike Ion or Scorch, she doesn't have a close range fuck you button, and unlike Ronin her damage doesn't scale with proximity.

You can get your money back on Origin if you return it within a couple weeks. There's also a free trial (and currently free multiplayer) if you want to see what it's like before spending money.

I'll let you in on a little secret: EA doesn't own Respawn. The devs were in full control of this product outside of determining the release date and having origin attached. EA tried to sabotage Respawn and this game in an attempt for a hostile takeover, but the game did well enough that it didn't happen, even though it didn't do anywhere near as well as it should have.
So the reason it isn't super jewed is because EA can't get its greasy paws on it. The closest they get to that is forcing Origin, which we all hate, believe me. The reason we put up with that shit though is because we consider the game to be worth it, especially if you're a hard FPS fanatic.

Then why the hell did they go to EA of all peoples to published their game? EA have horrible track record when it comes to consumers, and I'm convince that they screwed Titanfall intentionally by releasing it at the same time as Battlefield 1

Probably because its the only company funding their game.

I want to believe.

Probably because no-one else would take them. Same reason Platinum published Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U: otherwise, there would be no game.

Boy oh boy brother, I wish I fucking knew. In fact (I forget where I read this) Respawn themselves were talking about how an absolute pleasure it was to work with Microsoft as a publisher, who I suppose is the pub they had for TF1. I don't know what their reasons were for going to EA rather than MS, I think it might have had something to do with trying to reach a wider audience.

The devs are more or less active on plebbit and you can probably dig around to find something there, or a post that points you to the relevant info. I never go to reddit with the one exception of this game and elite dangerous, and it's so fucking cancerous there that I can only browse through for a few minutes for a couple days. I can't wrap my head around how fucking faggoty a community can get, and the TF2 plebbit people are far from the worst. Christ do I hate that site and the people who use it.

I'll have to try digging around for this. That's the first time I've heard anyone speak of Microsoft so glowingly.
I have to monitor a couple of Magic: The Gathering places for news, and I feel you on that one. At least imc_irl is sometimes funny in a cancerous sort of way.

Platinum didn't owned Bayonetta, Sega owned the IP. Platinum just a 3rd party dev making games for other peoples. The only games they own is probably Vanquish

trademarkia.com/bayonetta-77444642.html

Here are the nerfs to Tone they did a while back:
The big one in regards to close range is the first one, since now she no longer has an 'I win' button if you get too close. That aside, the reduced projectile size has made it considerably harder to hit pilots in my experience (though it's still one of the better titan weapons in that regard). Increased cooldown on the sonar plus charges on Burst Loader disappearing makes it more difficult to tag several titans at once without significantly gimping your movement.

I used to hate fighting Tones to the point where I would just run away from them sometimes, but I don't mind her at all now. She's good against Monarch fwiw, but not nearly as much as Legion.

Aww fuck yeah I haven't played that in foreve-

Wait, I thought that's what helped destroy the community in the first one, and they said they weren't doing that anymore?
Is it just Titans? Or maps? Or What?
I aint reinstalling shit if they want me to spend more money

The only paid DLC I know of are the "Prime" Titans, which are just tacticooler skins for Titans. I'm fairly certain Respawn said at one point that they'll never charge for content that actually makes a difference in gameplay.
I mean they just had the Monarch's Reign update that had balance changes and added a seventh Titan. If they were going to be DLC jews they'd have done it several times already and the Monarch would have been one of them.

There are two things stopping me from wanting this game;
1. Origin
2. They got rid of Titan loadouts
What's the point of having a mech game when you can't customise the weaponry?

It's only cosmetic shit. They realized putting actual content behind a paywall split the community in Titanfall 1.

I have a hunch that EA is copying that model for Battlefront 2 because they saw it worked in Titanfall 2. Not that that game will be any good, mind you. I just found it funny they announced the model right when they showed the game off.

Respawn owning the IP explains why EA has shat on titanfall so hard.

Did you play the previous game? Pretty much everyone ran with the same loadout once they figured out which stuff was best. There was effectively only one loadout in that game since everything else was inferior. At least this way they can try to balance shit and get people to think about what their robot of choice can and can't do.

1. Makes it a lot easier to balance and 2. Even if you could customize your titan's weapons/abilities fully, you know there would be very little variation in what the playerbased used because of most kits being "suboptimal." They balance the qualities of the titans themselves (how fast they move, what defensive abilities they have, etc) with the kind of weapons they use, their optimal range, and the utility/offensive abilities they use.

I thought the same thing when I first got the game maybe a year ago. When I saw each titan was basically locked in, I thought "what the fuck is this." But when you start playing the game and seeing exactly how everything pounds out in an actual fight, it's not bad at all. You can still 'customize' your titan to a certain extent by choosing certain abilities for it. Worth noting that the customization options for pilots are FAR greater than the titans though, and unless your enemy team is awful you're going to be spending mostof your time as a pilot rather than in your 'mech' anyway.

Western mecha is almost always boring

Works for me then

Bump.

Can anybody translate this?

My initial theory was that EA wanted to saturate the FPS shooter market at the same time that the new CoD was released, but according to a french game journalist, it was Respawn's decision to release TF2 in front of CoD IW (some kind of revenge for the way they were treated when they were working for Activision).

the utilitarian style of helicopters with feet is really hideous. Even Japanese do the utilitarian look far, far better

aren't some of those meant to be used solely in space? Or are all the mecha in gundam supposed to be able to perform both on planet and off?

I think the reason Nip style mechs look appealing is because they look slender and mobile.
American style is a lot more lego-looking, but that's what would be more realistic.
But then again; it's mechs. They're never realistic.

Some are designed for space use, some for land use, some for space/land, some are amphibious.

is there a customizable part for the titan for the aesthetic? I dont mean like changing skin color, more like different arm design or torso to make your titan more personal

You can buy prime titan skins with real money.

You're referring to making changes to the model. No. The only visual customization you can make to titans are hull colors and insignia you unlock through achieving certain things. The only way you can change the physical model of the titan is by purchasing a Prime titan skin.

That restriction is for good reason though, this is a competitive PvP FPS. Like any game with proper visual design, you need to design things so that their silhouette is immediately and easily identifiable even from a distance so it only takes your players maybe a second or two tops to assess the threat. If they allowed heavy customization for the titan models, I'd have no way of knowing whether I was staring down the business end of a Tone or an Ion. That makes a huge difference.

Sprinting with flame shield up is a retarded idea, anything with less than two boosts is fucked. Legion has enough trouble as is with Scorch.

You know literally every other titan can just turn around and run away, right?

I still think Legion's is inaccurate. Northstar are prime targets, she has nothing to stop herself from getting double power shotted to death.

Maybe let Legion drop his gunshield early and I'll try it.

But why did Nintendo publish Bayonetta 2?

Has anyone figured out Monarch's achilles' heel yet? She seems a general all-rounder with no real weakness outside of having generally shitty DPS beyond midrange, although even that is only partially the case due to the zappy beam. Not sure how much damage that does to a titan, if any.

Because WiiU got no games

I meant more why didn't See put it out on Xbox and PlayStation. Nintendo has the rights for 2.

god damn slide hopping makes you go fast as fuck

I'm fairly certain MS is a good place to work for if you enjoy a steady paycheck.

how do you make your titan self destruct?

Ejection is X, at which point it flashes a thing on your screen at the top saying "Press [key] to eject" which for me is E.
I know that E is the default key for pulling the ejection itself, but I think X might be something I rebound myself.

Oh right I forgot, when your titan becomes "doomed" (loses all of its health bars and is replaced with a filled striped bar) your titan is about to explode and the computer will tell you "eject, eject, eject." In THAT case you need to hit E three times. If you're a good player you'll be able to fight for a tiny bit in a doomed titan before ejecting once you know you've encountered something you won't survive.

Ah, thanks

Keep in mind that you can still get out of your titan by holding E (although it's been a while since I played, so I could be wrong and you can't do that when your titan is doomed). On rare occasion it's better to disembark than to eject and fly high into the air like a clay pigeon waiting to get fucked.

Holding E will always disembark your titan, though now that your titan can be executed even if it has shields, it makes the prospect of going out for a battery less attractive.

Ejecting requires you to hit the exit button three times in rapid succession, it will pop onscreen when you are doomed. On console at least, to manually initiate it, you must first press Up on the dpad.

Bump.

Bump to keep the thread alive while I record some new gameplay.

I think this is a mistake. Scorch is too slow like Legion and getting caught 1v1 with Ion, Legion, Tone, Monarch, Northstar, you are unnecessarily giving away damage and potential death, at least if you do attempt with Legion, you have range to try to peek and snipe your enemy which is not possible with Scorch.
Scorch can work really well if you have another titian to pair with, so you really need friends to get the maximum out if him.

I'm thinking of making a "music video" (I'm not sure what else to call them) where I sync up the action with beats of the music. The result always comes out awesome but it fucking takes forever.

However, for the certain track I have in mind, I'm going to need some slow moving cinematic shots that involve wide landscape shots of different maps. Do you know how I'd go about that? Ideally I'd want NO information on the screen at all and the ability to float around the map, but I don't know how I'd do it. (It's also a five minute track or so which requires absolutely shit tons of footage and I'm thinking of crowd sourcing some material).

That's basically what I said earlier in the thread. Scorch is too slow, he's like a crawling front line. His job is to pinch other titans when those enemies get attacked by other, faster flankers like Ronin or Ion. His job is area denial and containment, which obviously only works on more enclosed maps. In order to get the most mileage out of him, it's best if you have another titan to coordinate with so you can sandwich an enemy, either by trapping him in fire directly or by cutting off another escape route while you close in for the fire shield.

Welp, I bought it, played for a couple of days. The story campaign makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, what the hell with that time travel stuff? and the end is the typical tearjerking moment of self sacrifice still, that moment BT got shot through the gut still gets me. However, the level design is really great and they really makes good use of the gimmick. The time travel stuff really remind me a lot of Zelda: A link to the past and the wall running obstacle course is superb

Multiplayer wise, I like to play objective based games like amp or capture the flag but 99% of the time you will get Attrition. Queuing for specific game mode takes too long for whatever reason. I don't get the objective of Attrition mode, kill the AI enemies? because those AI enemies just serve as a distraction to get yourself kill.

and then theres that one OP skill, fucking teleportation, what the fuck is that?
Why is that in the game? it seem out of place in a game about mech.

Another thing that I wish peoples would told me earlier to enable auto-sprint, it makes such huge different in gameplay. Overall, its a pretty okay game

Grunts are fodder to get you a Titan.

You mean phase shift? It's the worst thing in the game by far. Hopefully it will get nerfed next patch.

You know you can just queue for everything that isn't attrition, right? I hate free-for-all so I leave it alone.
Arc grenades can help. Cook one as soon as you see your opponent pop phase shift and throw it as soon as you see him leave. He only has two seconds in the phase, so he can't go too far.
For titans, definitely. I'm not a huge fan of it with pilots.

With PC that's unfortunately how it is at the moment, but not all the time. In peak hours you can wait a minute or two and get bounty hunt or amped hardpoint. The Attrition thing is sort of like a vicious cycle: the most people play it simply because the most people play it, and they don't want to wait for queue times (which could be far worse). I wish more people would break up the monotony more often.

It's as close to TDM as you can get which is why it's so accessible and part of the reason people play it often. Your only job is to kill as many enemies as you can faster than the other team, AI and enemy pilots alike. It's okay but it's not a great game mode IMO, it doesn't take the coordination and tactics that a successful AHP or CTF game does.

Phase shift.
I thought it would bullshit too when I didn't know what I was looking at. Phase shift is like invisibility except when you phase you can't see anyone and you're perfectly safe because no one can see (or hit) you, as you're in a different dimension. When someone enters phase they can still move around, but they can't see where enemies are, only structures and terrain, and they can't shoot.
This is titanfall, you need to be moving AT ALL TIMES. Don't ever stop moving (until you git gud enough to understand when it's okay to do so for a few moments). When you see someone enter phase shift (you see the sparkly transparent clouds in the air like the wake of an ocean wave or something) fucking MOVE. You can guess where they're going to be (when someone enters phase the clouds they leave behind stretch in the direction they were traveling) but they won't have any idea where you are going to be. If you get killed by someone immediately after they come out of phase shift, after they entered it because they came into contact with you, it's because you didn't move and they assumed you stayed in one spot and attacked that spot.

Yeah you pretty much need that for crouch sliding and hopping. It feels horribly strange to toggle sprint but you get used to it. One thing you WON'T really get used to is you can sprint, then stop for a second, then when you press forward again you keep sprinting. It's irritating as shit, I can't tell you how many times I tried to stop sprinting by releasing my W key for a moment only for the sprint to keep going when I pressed it again. You need to release W for too long I think.

FFA and Pilots only I can't stand. LTS is fun but feels gimmicky like everyone is shitposting with titans rather than being smart with them.

What is the cooldown on phase shift? because I'm pretty sure I saw peoples use it in succession, its like their go-to when they got flanked, It really feel cheating.
Also, is there a way to get out of the animation lock when you climbing enemy titan? I like how you can steal battery and use it your teammates titan, adds some cooperation but so far only the veteran players tend do it and everybedy just treat it like "every man for himself" attitude.

You have two charges of it. I'm not sure how long each charge requires to recover. It was even worse before they stopped pilots carrying flags while phased.
You can jump to cancel the battery stealing animation, which is useful once you hear the hiss of electric smoke. The options menu also has a setting which allows you to hold a button to rodeo rather than automatically snapping onto a titan; I recommend enabling that since it gives you greater precision and prevents you from teleporting downwards when you mean to jump overtop of one.

Post lewd Titans

I'm not sure but that shit takes a good while to recharge.
There are two charges you can use in immediate succession. That only happens if the person using it is a complete retard who wants to be left vulnerable without a tactical for a good while, or someone very desperate who is willing to burn two charges on the gamble it will keep him alive.

Yeah thank fucking christ they added that, my friend and I months ago got extremely annoyed on several games where we were gotta-go-fasting and just so happened to be near a friendly titan and kept snapping onto them. Some spots were really fucking bad, where you would leap off them only to hit a ceiling and snap back on them a second later. Really rage inducing.

Are you sure you can handle it?

I want to bully my Northstar until she gets flustered.

NStar gets bullied enough as it is. I one player who made it to like Gen 40 something with her and told him chat something like "jesus man are you masochistic?" and he said "i don't know why i do this to myself"

cod was a mistake…

I meant sexually, not by making her fight Scorchs or Legions. It's hard enough to enjoy my time with her when she isn't dying horribly.

Did you even fucking touch the EPG or the Softball?

He appears to have been no scoped from across the map with a high recoil weapon while the guy fired it in the opposite direction. Hope you reported him.

Machinefuckr made their Tumblr private and I fucking hate that fact.

you lost the moment you entered that hallway nigger

Are you blind or retarded? The hacker wasn't aiming anywhere near user when he shot him.

don't bite the bait geniuses, there's a reason that had zero replies. Not that it matters now, I'm sure they're long gone.

Kind of strange to note that it's the exact opposite as a pilot than it is as Ronin.

God damn, the high ttk changes are such fucking dogshit. Everyone is playing stim/CAR and barely trying to even shoot at people. It's just pop stim, sprint, punch, repeat.

?

There's a special playlist, where you can test out the planned TTK changes. Every weapon except the grenadiers and snipers takes longer to kill someone. It's dogshit, it makes more weapons unusable, and everyone is playing the CAR SMG because it's by far the easiest hitscan weapon to keep on target, and everyone is using stim, because it's the easiest way to get melee kills.

Also they nerfed phase shit, but that wasn't worth assfucking the whole game.

I haven't been playing that mode but that's all I'm reading on the more populated (and cancerous) discussion fora. Apparently it's faster and easier to simply melee everyone to death because with the higher TTK now you can charge into someone and melee them to death before they can finish killing you with a firearm.

I have zero issues with the current TTK and I play on PC, I don't know how the TTK differs on consoles with autoaim. People are raving that it's a wonderful change and it should be made the default, and that the increase TTK isn't very noticeable since it only takes an extra round or two with most weapons, and a number of weapons haven't changed like the grenadiers. Nerfing phase is a good move, although if they keep it to one charge they should decrease the cooldown slightly, considering its high cooldown time is balanced around the ability to pop two charges.

I honestly wish people would stop with the blatant retarded shitposting. It's far past the point where it's just being "ironic"

Can someone explain to me what relic mode is? look like normal match making but with longer queue time

You mean Relic 27/7? It's just matchmaking on Relic for people who want to become accustomed to the map.

relic isn't a mode, it's a map. It's the one with the huge crashed ship in the center. Sometimes they'll make a "[map] 24/7" playlist, which they did for Angel City when it was new. I'm assuming since Relic is the newest map they have a "Relic 24/7" playlist which is just the same map on repeat with different modes.

Did you not notice that or you didn't play enough games to realize?

More developer commentary. Spoilers, for those of you who care about the end of the campaign. They're running out of missions at this rate.

You guys get to play the best map of Titanfall soon.

I never realized how much I missed all of the maps from the first game. I wish they'd just do a big DLC where they nigg rig every map from the first game and port it over as is. I mean even the worst maps like Fracture and Sandtrap are better than most of the maps that were originally in TF2.

Would be interesting to see the hackable turrets again. I think the reason that it's taking them so long is because 2 uses an updated engine that might be a problem with the old maps. Also I bet they would have to redesign AI pathing and other stuff with 2's titans. Hopefully all the maps will get ported over.

Phase shit got nerfed? Fuck yeah.
I can't find the patch notes. Is Scorch still hot garbage?

Scorch is great on certain maps. I have good results with him on Complex and Glitch.

I think it would be much more balanced with a single charge that recharges a bit more quickly rather than two charges that recover slowly. This is supposed to be a game about skill, and Phase Shift feels like far too much of an easy 'get out of jail free' panic button. I've used it a number of times myself but I just don't find it fun, and I can't tell you how enraging it is to get the drop on someone, have them shift out, correctly guess where they'll appear, reacquire the target, only for them to shift again if you weren't fortunate enough to kill them the instant they came out of it.

I have more time with Scorch than any other titan except Ion, I think I'm at Gen 4.4 or something with him. It was easier to have better success with him a year ago when people weren't too aware of his shortcomings, but now he's terribly subpar on virtually every map. Especially since Monarch was released which is basically a hard counter to Scorch, triply so if she has arc rounds which seem very cheap to me. Even on "enclosed" maps there are still long spaces that can allow for Scorch to get sniped from a good ways away. I really want to use Scorch all the time but the truth is that every time I pick him over Ion, I'm hamstringing myself. No matter what my performance is with him, no matter how good it happens to be that game, I know I would have done even better if I had chosen Ion.

Hopefully they rebalance that, but I doubt they'll get to it anytime soon because the hot button topic right now is how broken melee is with the OHK and lunge distance.

I'm unsure about whether or not the TTK changes will be good for the game. I kind of like the CoD feel of the pilot gameplay, since the titan gameplay is already very high TTK, and it almost makes me feel Respawn may be capitulating to redditard whining.

Is people playing this game on PC? Last time I check was hard to get found anything but attrition matchs even on the peasant box
I really like this game too bad EA decided to buried between BF1 and COD

I actually feel the opposite. The longer TTK seems to alleviate problems with unfair deaths due to lag and tickrate and make the fights feel more fun and fair. The thing is that I may be extremely biased because my favorite weapon is the EPG. In fact I always though low TTK actually helped to bring down the skill ceiling and let bad players get kills too without need to use the movement system.

There are usually about 1000 players on off hours, and 2,500-3,000 at peak hours. I've never had to wait more than 45 seconds to find a match.

I guess I'll feel better when I have my hands on it. If it makes shitters have to git gud, then I'm at a loss for reasons to oppose the changes.

That is a good point. When the ttk was higher; I saw a lot of people trying to use assault rifles but people who were using the grenadier weapons (sans the cold war) and moving as fast as possible were pretty much unkillable unless someone else brought out their epg or kraber. As fun as I think a lobby of nothing but gapple and stim epg users would be, I'm not sure mass nerfs to everything is the answer.

For Attrition on PC maybe. I'm East Coast USA, if I queue up for Bounty Hunt + Hardpoint the average wait time is 2-4 minutes. If you queue for everything you won't have a problem getting a game all the time, but you'll still be getting attrition most of the time (which I greatly dislike, it's the most boring mode and the spawns get fucked in a lot of games, I don't know if they changed anything but for the past week I've been spawning and getting killed five seconds later by someone who was 20 feet away when I spawned). Never really had an issue with spawns before but Attrition is always just total chaos.

The arguments I've seen for high TTK are 1) it requires more skill because you need to stay on target so you won't get killed by scrubs all the time who can barely aim, 2) you can actually use wallrunning and move around in the open with a chance to escape and reengage on your terms as a better player, rather than "oh shit I got clipped by a bullet, someone got the drop on me and I have a 30% chance to survive this". Because normally if you get hit by someone shooting at you, you're going to die most of the time, since it takes few shots to drop you.
I never really had an issue with the TTK but because so many people are talking about it, I suppose they do have a point insofar as the "you're punished for using the movement system" thing or "it's too easy to get killed instantly."
There's a very good chance. I never go to that site with the one exception of this game and (a long time ago) Elite Dangerous. And I don't go there often, because I can't stand it. I use that place for news and to see what people are saying about the game or what the latest complaints/comments are about the meta or recent changes, but holy christ is it hard to stomach it. Everything in there is just overly hugboxy and saccharine. Statement of the obvious for plebbit I guess but I still can't get over how bad that site is, it's like walking into a room full of fake-ecstatic douchebags with permanent smiles on their faces always complimenting each other and patting themselves on the back and talking about how OMG AWESUM everything is. I just want to tell them to shut the fuck up and sit down, speak and act like adults, even though the majority of them probably are age-wise. I can't handle how circlejerky that place is and how anything that isn't gushing praise of something gets downboated into oblivion because of wrongthink.

Oh boy, Respawn is really fucking with us now.
Aside from the new War Games map, you know what they did? Stalkers hurt your titan when you step on them and crush them, which is fine I guess…but amped weapons now only lasts 30 seconds.
They took the single most consistently reliable boost in the game and nerfed it hard in addition to making a higher TTK. What in the fuck.

Wait so the new higher TTK changes is across all the modes from now on? I thought it was on one mode only?

I haven't played in a month

I don't think so, no. There have been some issues with the balance given that melee is still a one-hit kill and can snap you 10 feet forward under the right circumstances.

is it normal to want sexual reactions with my titan

pass

Perfectly normal, don't worry about it.

You are wrong kiddo. Titanfall did first and still does a better job implenting the movement system.

I wonder why they're porting over all the maps from TF1 though. I guess it's because this is the game they'd rather be recognized for instead of the original?

Also of all the Titanfall spinoffs they can do I'm disappointed that they're working on some mobile RTS game.