Divinity: Dragon Commander

I'm thinking of playing this game because of a few pics I saw here. Should I?

It's not all that great.
The other Divinity games like Divine Divinity and Divinity: Original Sin are better. They play nothing like Dragon Commander, though.

The singleplayer campaign is fun for the story, but the gameplay itself is pretty lame.
Do the story. And at one point just do autoresolve on the combat.

Yes it has the best waifus compared to other divinity games.

Great VN game, shitty strategy game

It has pretty good flowery writing. I loved talking to Corvus and Edmund.

Feminazi cunt is the best waifu.

Are you talking about the general or one of the waifus? Because its irritating you can't tell the general off for her marrying her sons off, then criticizing marrying women off, without supporting arranged marriage.

I also enjoyed Divinity 2 a whole lot, even though it's quite a departure from the original Divinity series.

I honestly can't remember what you're talking about, I've played it a couple of years ago. But yeah I'm talking about the general.

I wish you could fuck while denying her a raise in salary
Also, posting best bro

Its a thing where some young imp girl is getting married off to an old imp. She goes on some tirade about it because that is one of her issues that determines her "route." Like I said, only way to get her to honestly reflect on the fact that she did it to her sons and present it as an egalitarian issue is to tell her to fuck off and okay the arranged marriage.

The yellow journalism in the game was pretty fun.

Before anyone congratulate you on getting such diggits, have you ever thought of your family or making a family of your own?

Good writing. Shit gameplay.

It was good to start. But when you realise you've only been playing the tutorial part of the game and the main part is mostly just a slog of mediocre RTS battles, it wears thin extremely quickly.

DON'T PLAY THIS GAME
It sucks. It tries to do everything and delivers on nothing. It's almost an okay RTS, but the controls are awful because it also wants to be a third person dragon shooter. The roleplay elements are shallow and the world management has almost no impact. The skeletons like you more? Who cares! All they do is contribute a tiny bit of passive income. The multiplayer never stops crashing, and that's only when the game itself is stable, not to mention you can just hit 'next turn' a bunch of times to stock up on 'spawn reinforcements' cards, which are practically a neccesity by the time the third act rolls around because they just said 'fuck gameplay, let's just make the enemies literally stronger', at which point being in dragon mode for more than a couple of seconds becomes a death wish and you rely solely on spells, and that's only in the battles you do get to participate.
Underneath this shitty exterior there was the potential for a good game. There was clever design choices in the RTS aspect on which units could counter which both through attacks and abilities, ways that weak units remain relevant later on, but it was dragged down by the stupid limited bases necessary for the dragon gameplay. The dragon gameplay? Can be really fun when you're going around roasting armies, but you can't win as a dragon, you have to stop and go build an army and order them to you, which is awkward in a third person perspective. The roleplay elements are fun and goofy but due to their overall near-zero impact on gameplay you end up feeling like choices don't matter and you might as well just click what will make the most people like you.
Examine this game from afar, but don't play it and definitely don't buy it.

The Divinity series always had strange waifus.
In Dragon Commander you can marry a skele.

These.
I would recommend trying the other Divinity games or just looking at the VN parts on YouTube. Dragon Commander isn't the worse Divinity game (that'd be Beyond Divinity) but it's near the bottom.

*worst

It sucks. Good waifus, terrible gameplay.

That's really all a game needs.

You get to bone a skeleton waifu.

Of course it's good.

Beyond Divinity was really awful. It still astounds me how they managed to take a little gem like Divine Divinity and somehow make a sequel that was worse in every single possible way, not only gameplay-wise, but also in areas like graphics, sound, freedom, balance and character skills. If you only reach areas at points devs want you to reach them, why is half of the enemies one hit kills that give no XP and half of them fucking monsters? It's not Gothic or Divine Divinity where you can go wherever you want excluding some areas, it's a mostly linear game with an illusion of free choice. Why is the skill system so stupid? Why do I need lockpicking to open barrels when I could just break them in the previous game? How the fuck do you make the sequel worse in every aspect?
If that wasn't enough, they've even had Securom on that piece of shit, and for faggots who don't know what it is, it was basically Denuvo of yore except 50 times worse. The saddest part is despite all that, BD's gameplay, while shit, was still more fun than Dragon Commander, though obviously worse in every single other way. DC is seriously too fucking boring, not even managing to make me go further and autoresolve while I genuinely wanted to find out what happens because the writing was pretty good. Loading times were too long for that.

Anyway is Divinity OS/OS II any good? I remember them censoring the cover of OS1 so I didn't buy it because fuck that, but DD and D2 were pretty fun so I might acquire it through some means. Maybe even buy if they've somehow redeemed themselves.

OS is okay, but the story is shit and they fucked about with the balance so I believe mixed classes were the way to go. They also completely ignored the nature of the complaint about the story throwing you into "you are the savior of the universe" mode way too fucking early and randomly when they made the Enhanced Edition. Worse than that, they actually fucked up one of the few good things about that part to make an exposition dump.

OS2 is still in early access.

Nice dubs.

Is balance worse than BD or Divinity II? It can't be I think. I still remember in Divinity II the archers being the best at everything. On my second and last playthrough as archer (first was mage) I took split shot, came super close to the final boss and she died in one or two nearly instant split shots. That shit was on the highest difficulty.

If I play tactician mode, is it okay to get my shit kicked in on the first fight, with the six skeletons?
My dudes just can't seem to take the damage.

IIRC, they nerfed archers in Developer's Cut, but I cannot attest for that, since I mostly played melee with some magic.

I'd say it's worth it for the political management side of it alone, the actual gameplay is unfortunately a little shallow in comparison. The dragon flying also feels very clumsy. It also really bothered me how different this game is from the other divinity games, and how dragon commander is supposed to be set tens of thousands of years before the other games. Divine divinity is very generic fantasy whereas dragon commander was risqué steampunk goodness, and didn't give a shit whether or not you thought it was pg-13 or not. If you wanted to ban homosexuality, or dig up a burial ground to get some extra shit, then you could.

Should have just made the whole damn game about an assault dragon with a jetpack and heavy artillery

I liked that game very much

Man I forgot that I even created this thread. It looks like everyone agrees that gameplay sucks. Is there something like PS:T way where I can ignore gameplay anyway? I'll also check out OS, but I was looking for a strategy gameplay rather than RPG gameplay atm

It was about damn time if you ask me, hell she has a lot of routes that fuel most of my fetishes, but I wish her robot form was better

Just read VNs

Pretty sure at points you can just stack units on the map and then autobattle with a higher % for winning.