How did one japanese man convince a multi-million dollar company to allow him to waste an entire decade on his fan...

How did one japanese man convince a multi-million dollar company to allow him to waste an entire decade on his fan fiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Ace
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is her head so goddamned big

It made square enix a bunch of money and allowed them to salvage some projects.

Lightning returns was made by Tri Ace, the makers of Valkyrie profile.

This looks like someone beheaded Lightning, then beheaded a tranny, then put the Lightning head on top of the tranny torso.

Is this her actual body model? Jesus fuck.

That's shopped, right?

no, lightning returns had the shittiest graphics and poorest models as I assume the budget got smaller & smaller

Along with her breasts

And ass size.

So glad I saw this game as shit from the start. FF was a mistake.

Thier tranny agenda game woud have worked a few years later

Gaynerds were still clinging to silly stuff like gameplay when it came out

The chosen people win again, silly gay samurai pushing their agenda too soon hahaha

Not the most flattering screenshot tbqh familiaboom
Gotta love the constant hair glitch on AMD cards though.

TOLBEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AH SHIT
HURTS MY HANDS

NO!
IT'S MINE!

FUUUCK! I LOVE TOBLERONE!

The entire FFXIII series is a cluster fuck of stolen projects. FFXIII-2 was originally a CT/CC style throwback project, and Lightning Returns was Valkyrie Profile: Hrist until mid development, which is why it plays absolutely nothing like an FF game and has its basic mechanics lifted straight from the original VP.

wasn't he pretty high up in the chains or something.
i have a feeling after the second game their like ok you got one more game then your outta of here man then Square fucking picked their ass off the ground and started pumping out decently better games
bravely default series was pretty gud, ffxiv arr and beyond is doing wonders for the company, ff15 didn't completely fail after being a huge money sink for the whole company, and 2b's ass don't lie

japs are retarded
That's why they can't make good games.

She pulls her shoulders back really far to make her upper body seem smaller.

The lightning's return announcement is still one of the most surreal and hilarious pieces of corporate propaganda ever devised.

Why are you collecting fags?

I'm a historian of waifus. Toriyama is currently the most successful lay user of the technique.

He just wants to dick Thai ladyboys and his inability to do so led to the fixation on Lightning.

That might actually be the case, as he wrote Bahamut Lagoon, which features rampant faggotry, and was the writer of the Honeybee Inn section of FF7, if you can trust wiki/square's PR.

Now that whole shitshow makes a lot more sense. As always, faggots and women ruin everything.

Got to love how he spent roughly half that announcement video just espousing the virtues of his waifu/daughterfu/whateverfu, rather than get to the gameplay. He had however many people there as a captive audience, and who knows how many more watching online. At least online viewers could perhaps tune out his gushing until he got into the gameplay/premise

Does he know "she" will never be real?

I wouldn't really mind Lightning nearly as much if she had the body of a woman, not an anthropomorphic plank and if she had been a party member and not the main character. Nothing wrong with a cold tomboy that needs a good dicking.

Then again, the narrative in FFXIII makes the rest of the franchise seem coherent in comparison, which is saying something.

Sad thing is the gameplay is probably the best of any FF, but the story, jesus christ the story gets retarded in the end.

Autism, you cannot separate a man and his waifu. Toriyama manages to steal two projects and make a Lightning makeover for them and look at the end of Lightning's Returns she comes to the real world and meet with Toriyama, and they happily live ever after.

I wonder why that is, user.

A part of me looks at the background slides and text seem like they could be photoshopped in, but then I look at the ridiculous looking neon sign "LIGHTNING" and know that it's all too real.

Wonder what they did with that sign afterwards?

It's actually a slideshow.

Shit I didn't notice the sign.

There's your answer.
Anyone who says Japan being weird is just a meme is retarded.

There's the good kind of weird and then there's this faggot.

Threadly reminder that Vanille is the actual protagonist
I mean at least Jecht was Sin so Tidus had some involvement, and he became the main character by the end

she was really hot in her first iteration at least

Threadly reminder that Lenneth is the actual protagonist

Sorry I was pretending we were in a better timeline.

Don't forget the painting bullshit. It was fucking horrible

oh dear

I haven't actually finished LR but aren't you speaking about the souls of the already dead she hides in her church ? If so, that's not every single soul.

Did you see the ending of the trilogy?

That explains why it actually had gameplay - and fun gameplay at that. I've been wondering for a while why they suddenly decided they wanted to make a Lightning game that wasn't a hallway movie-watcher.

It's big compared to her entire body, not just her shoulders. You'd have to be 5" and 90lbs to have your head looking even close to that, and have a big head to begin with. And with the tiny elf heads in the mmos it's like ff designers just want to make their characters look retarded. /offtopic

Because she's the definition of perfect, wether you like it or not.
Do not insult her, she saved the FF franchise all by herself.

add taro and kaine to this

That would explain why I keep seeing Lightening as a tranny.

now that's what I'd call a body built for sex

That's not an actual line, is it?
It is, isn't it?

I'm glad they finally told Toriyama to fucking stop.
I enjoyed XIII despite its glaring flaws and unfinished nature and I liked Lightning in that game but boy did it go downhill really fucking fast once the trilogy started happening. LRXIII has atrocious writing that makes me cringe at the thought of it. The "let's shove Lightning into this game for no reason!" versions of her were a lot more interesting than she was in XIII-2 and LR:XIII.

It isn't

Oh god, you were not kidding. The trilogy ends with Lightning coming to our world and her last words are: "Soon we will be together", while looking directly at the camera.

I'm 100% convinced that Toriyama is one of those autistic loners who seriously believe in stuff like "She is real! She just lives in another dimension and when I die we will be together".

someone post it please

No way, fag.
It's fucking gross.

I have the craziest feeling of deja mustard right now. Also, waifuism is eternal, read the story of Pygmalion, and understand that everyone who has a waifu kind of wants their waifu to be real like Pygmalion.

I want this planet to just die already. Its taking too long.

IT'S TOBLERONE TIME

What the fuck

Oh, to be young and innocent once again.

Is Lightning the worst FF girl? I can't find a worse FF girl on the top of my head tbh

I've seen some weird but that's the first time I've seen erotic spine snapping.

It's an edited Dead Space doujin panel

Rinoa, doubly so because she's a filthy whore and the game railroads you into having a romance with her instead of the hot teacher.

now we just need the toblerone edit

You are a very cultured man, user.

Lightning is worse than Rinoa because Rinoa hasn't murdered other franchises.

Until I finally noticed that was Lightning in that image, I always thought it was a Dead Space doujin about Isaac Clarke going even more insane than usual.

She murdered my boner.

I mean, I can see Isaac in that character, but what?

IT'S TOLBERONE TIME

CHECK OUT THOSE DOUBLERONES!

DOUBLE TOBLERONE

very nice

is she a fucking midget?

I'd fuck a midget.

Yeah, I'm glad they came back to their senses.

Square needs to have the Bravely Team step up and make FF16 (possibly re-enlist Matsuno as he and Yoshida are bros) in the back to roots 5 man party job system traditional style, like what FF9 was, enough of this faggy cyberpunk model boy shit.

I think you'd fuck an attractive, or well made-up midget.
The few that seem to be in the spotlight are fairly proportional compared to the rest.
The few posted look like adult women just scaled down directly on their x,y,z axis

Agreed, but get the whole Ivalice Alliance back in the saddle. Matsuno directing with assistance from Minagawa and Ito (so he doesn't work himself to disease again), Yoshida and Minaba on art, Sakimoto & the rest of Basiscape on music.

And get Alexander O Smith, the guy who localized Vagrant Story, FF12, and WotL to get that good Shakespearean dialogue. That shit is delicious.

Get the fuck out Toriyama.

I'd rather fuck the Toblerone

Just a typical 90 lbs raver girl.

Claire is the best waifu in the Final Fantasy series period.

She's pure. She's devoted. She cares nothing but making sure her Little Sister doesn't hook up with delinquent scum.

Not only would she make a wonderful mother - She clearly has childbearing hips, albiet she's a bit on the skinny side but as an extremely acrobatic woman she can't afford to be bottom heavy until pregnancy.

On top of that, her fashion sense is impeccable and there's a 90% chance she smells like vanilla and elderberries when she's not fighting and just lounging around the house.
No woman can compare to her.

Girls approach an asymptote of perfection the closer they are to 12-year-old boys. You cannot deny this.

yeah, nah, you're a fag

What the fuck, she looks like a god damn tube man

The souls Lightning manages to save don't count since they were part of the accumulated chaos by the end since the hordes of monsters killed them

That looks nothing like a real spine.

Of course not, it's supposed to be toblerone.

God damn those are delicious.

Why does she wear the masque?

What a butch bitch.

Are you gay or a pedo?

It's arguable that that's the point of the storyline in Final Fantasy VIII, actually.

Squall's basically turned into a meat puppet, unable to control the direction his life is going. Bitch's a sorceress, and the most likely perpetrator for mind control.

What if the midget was taller than you?

The fact that she has the body of a much younger girl is what I like about Lightning.

You don't have to be a THICCfag to admit Lightning's ass looks disgusting.

Lightning has no butt.
There's no butt about it. :^)

all fags are pedos

Just dropping in to check these.

"childbearing hips"

Yeah, maybe if she ate a couple bacon cheeseburgers. What dude would want her? Lightning has more outfits than Barbie at this point. It's beyond the point of financial feasibility.

So is the Xenosaga series a better series?

Even barbie tier models have more ass, it looks like they grabbed some clay and stretched it to look human.

Fuck no

What are these people, why do they do this, what do they do after going to a rave like that? Who do they hang out with? What is their reproductive life like dressing like that in public, dancing like that? Why are they all dancing similarly? If I showed up there, would these things walk up to me and dance? What's the point? Crazy people.

why not?

You mean the classic story or the stupid feminist propaganda play?

They have Lazy Town in Japan?

lol

Do you think this is a fucking game?

Delete this now

HOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH THAT BITCH T H I C C AS A DODONGO. I WANNA HIT THAT BOOTY UP WITH MAH MASTAH SWORD!!!!

I'd fuck it now

What have you done

she literally has no ass

At least that faggot managed to hijack one of the most popular rpg series in the world and write his character to canonically become a god and enter his own demented waifufag universe. What have you done for your waifu?

goddammit

Not sure if want to want.

Can someone post the full version of this image?
I can't find it vut it makes me laugh everytime.

I think you're on to something here.

Does anyone play or like or care about that series for any other reason than the attractive main character?

Not wanting to be that guy but, her weight is literally nothing for a horse. If she were wearing full armor or something on top of being that fat, then sure.

at what point is it no longer attractive?
because I find these all pretty much attractive

The only ones who have small bust and ass are on the first pic, and that's still more ass and tits than Lightning.

This is what Valkyrie profile 3 was canceled for.

get the FUCK out of here

Seriously, why couldn't SE see that this fag ruined the entire company?

Post yfw you learn toblerone need to be broken inward.

I just take bites

Why is her ass so goddamned flat?

The bigger question is why the fuck did everyone buy it.

No it wasn't, what are you smoking? Square Enix developed it.

You fell for the FF9 PR shit i see. FF9 was anything but "back to the roots"

I'm the exact opposite of hank. My man-ass is hueg.

You're implying that a modern show horse can bear the loads of a massive warhorse from medieval times?

So how do you break a brexit toblerone?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Ace

No need. Toblerones and everything else in Britain is already broken due to sandniggers and kikes.

Tri-Ace has been getting brought in for third-party work from time to time, similar to how Square brought in CC2 to help with the Final Fantasy VII remake for a while.

People like you are the reason why this world is shit.

And the best part is it doesn't look attractive in any way because of that voice acting and how she moves her face.

The Japanese are a bunch of degenerates.

What, you never figured that out?
First thing I did when I got my first Toblerone was to break it inward.
My IQ is 140 btw.

go to bed colin

Fuggen /int/electuals.

Maybe… Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a Lightning Returns-esque dress up waifu game starring Tifa after the FF7 remake?

And they don't nerf her firgure.