Scariest Bosses Thread

Post bosses that made you shit bricks.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BreenGrub
lambdageneration.com/discussion/half-life/5-intriguing-things-breengrub-teaches-us-about-the-half-life-saga/
archive.is/HhrIr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This motherfucker still makes me slightly uncomfortable all these years later.

user I know you probably can't into Holla Forums but the Debian swirl isn't that scary.

Cheeky cunt.

This bitch freaked me out so much at the time that I had trouble even attacking it and had to take a break then come back to it.

This nigger.

This entire game was pretty spooky as a lad.

What a dead thread. Shame.

That's the true final boss, since all the others can be cheesed quite easily. I played it when I think I was 6-10, nothing else on screen has scared me more that thing did.

spicy fresh webm

Terrifyingly fast and deadly. I love this boss.

WebM of that voice clip now.

Just watch, you'll know it when you see it.

Congratulations to both of you. I stopped at the wolves in the first cutscene.

Couldn't tell you why, but this dude freaked me out a a kid big time.

Get on me level

This fucking boss, especially when he was getting burnt from lava and comes at you in bones.

The worst thing about this boss was that he was pretty much impossible to beat without missiles. If there's a way I don't know about it because you're better off just killing yourself and starting again.

This beast was legitimately scary the first time I tried this game
Jesus christ

if only I could find a clip of it.

Edited webm shortly

Amusingly a charged plasma beam shot pretty much instantly kills him and he just walks straight backwards onto the bricks and dies

4U

(checked)
That's fucking metal. Was this Super Metroid? Great game.

It's really weird when you step back and understand that you're in a void, fighting a floating brain with tentacles that has two eyes for pets.

dis bitch

Bloodborne honest to god has some of the most fucked up concepts for bosses I can recall.

not really scary, but the chase sequences did spoop me every now and then

They were intense as fuck.

was also he best PoP game. Fuck, going through the game AGAIN as the shadow wraith? Fucking amazing.

Dude, the dahaka is such a fucking sick design. holy shit. the infinity horns thing, there should be an 8ch banner for this nigga

This was always creepy as fuck.

absolutely, fellow man of patrician taste

now that is a dope idea, I'll get on that

I swear half this thread could be filled with the eldritch abominations from Metroid.

That's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. tier jesus christ.

Goosebumps game, where the werewolf chases you out of the building and into the forest scared the shit out of me.

It took me years to get over my fear and finally beat this last level.
Now i'm just disappointed Monster Ock has never been in anything else.

The N64 emulator messed up the walls but it's not that bad.

this is something… i wanna give these old tr a try

The way deaths were so anticlimactic in those tomb raiders always made it so much scarier. No dramatic music, no elaborate game over screen. You die and that's it, it's like nobody really cares that you're dead.

Yeah, because you died alone in a tomb no one else even knows about.

2 life times in wall painting

Monster Cock

Pretty solid.

Sometimes I wasn't even sure I died, just got run over by a quiet boulder from behind or got eaten by piranhas. It was just so quick and quiet.

An user already made the pic

fug D::

It's like the chase scene from Call of Cthulhu. There's hardly anything you can do, and what little you can do buys you a few seconds, at best.
Always right behind you, nipping at your heels.

Any chase sequence in FPS games freaks me the fuck out, because you can't see it but you can hear it right behind you.

It would've been a lot better about 50% faster, but it's still pretty spooky your first time through when you have no idea what the fuck to do.

That's why I always preferred FPS or over the shoulder 3rd person. Anything else gives you too much freedom with the camera.
That tiny amount of restriction does wonders for an atmosphere of tension.

They really did wonders with that part of the game. It's no wonder that it's so iconic.
Even after all this time no game I've played has sent me into such a blind panic as that chase scene.

It's not so bad when you realise they conveniently break down the door at the same time you manage to get a door open, giving you ample time to fuck off and get out. Also, depending upon which difficulty you're playing on should determine how screwed you are if they DO get close, but you should be able to tank at LEAST a few hits. A good game with decent atmosphere, but the fps elements were fairly shit. Also:

It's locked. It won't open. It won't budge!

The first boss in Infamous i remember was pretty spoopy.

FUCK THOSE THINGS
I beat every chalice dungeon and they still freak me out.

Each Golem fight past the first one took me fucking ages on my first playthrough, the final fight took three hours because fuck Napalm 99. Embed related is one guy struggling to beat him on the fifth fight and just giving up after an hour.

This is a Scary bosses/enemy thread user, not hard ones.

It is hard enough to be horrifying to see the name of the next mission mention him, hence why having to fight him six times with increasing difficulty is relevant in this case.

He was a surprisingly good boss fight for a game like Infamous (I'm halfway shocked anyone else remembers it), but looking back it's obvious he fell more into the Western tradition of being pattern-based than the Japanese tradition of being a good boss. Good music, though, and I have to respect Sucker Punch for actually making a boss fight to end their game rather than a cutscene, even if the fight is interrupted a few times. The game really would have been better with a health system rather than regenerating health; most of Kessler's attacks feel neutered because no individual one will kill you and it's almost impossible to be hit by two at a time.

Aside from the 2spooky reveal, the scariest thing about him was the clouds of assgas.

The final few bosses in this game.
This shit also gets pretty dark out of nowhere too.

That looks real nice

Those crunching sounds man

my cousin and i were playing and ran out of missiles. we were right at the wall of spikes and i got the idea to try the charge beam.
when we finally won, well, you know the rest.
it really shook me up.

The first boss from Silent Hill 1 scared the shit out of me when I first fought it, but I was 5 at the time so just about anything scared me. I nearly had a panic attack when the corpse fell out of the locker on the twisted version of the school.

I liked him more, just a leisurely walking giant who pummels your shit and doesn't take an ammo depot to defeat.

The Giant Dianoga from the sewer level of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire was scary shit back in the day, giant underwater monsters in in large open arenas are probably the most horrifying thing I could ever fight in vidya.

This motherfucker made me put down Diablo for several years and spooked the shit out of kid me for that same period of time

Saved! Thank you!

Thought that looked like something from Killer7 I really need to play that.

I'm normally not the kind of guy to go all "hurr this isn't scary", but I really find you're too powerful and agile in bloodborne for any monster design to be effective. Plus if we're talking chalices I'd go with the dudettes who vanish and make you look around than mad ones with a spoopy dash.

Also this one is the only opcional boss in the game and this doesn't want to hurt you in any way but you have too kill it to survive the spikes.

didn't the creator make this whole villain because he mistook some movie he saw as a child to be a rape instead of murder and then this is abortion or something…

nips are fucking nuts

just….why

That stupid thing's not really scary, it's just nasty-looking. Not to mention the worst part of an already shit game.

Dump a bunch of chocolate all over that second guy and he's a tasty kit-kat man. I want to eat him.

It's unsettling to run into, none the less and that he has a one hit kill where he outright eats you is absurd.

screengrabs are from the SNES version which was a non-shitty port of the arcade game that was much easier

He saw a movie accidentally, called "The Dismembered beauty".

The scene he saw was a consensual sex scene followed by her being strangled. Cut to the next scene where cops/people find her body chopped up in a well and it's a murder mystery, but because he was young, the sex scene was misunderstood as rape.

He was mainly focusing on the primal aspects such as "Why does a villain laugh during a fight? What if the villain cried? Was in pain?" Parts of the dialogue are from him trying to piece together the mental state of someone being so broken and fucked up in an abusive situation that they are nothing but bubbling with tears, but trying to tell you that it "makes them happy".

On another note, I've been hunting since Tri and this guy STILL makes me shit bricks and I still don't go into a fight without decking myself out in elder dragon fighting materials.

After a couple hunts he comes nothing more than an adorably stupid hp sponge. His attacks are specifically designed to punish people who panic and try to run away, so you're mostly fine if you just stay close and poke his belly a bunch. And if he's not your target and shows up randomly mid hunt, it's easily dealt with by showing some shit at his face.
Now rajang is fucking terrifying and is the absolute last thing you want showing up.

DON'T CLICK

He wasn't talking about monhun, it's just part of the reply.

this thing right here.

boy that takes me back

How many fucking versions of that game were there?
Christ, they were all so different, as well.

pikmin had some scary bosses
such as this one

and don't forget the thing that came out of the egg at the distant springs

I really only remember the one in the spoopy old house in the woods

Not really that horrifying, but I still remember the fear I felt the first time I experienced a second form boss fight.

Is this game as good as I remember it?

This unkillable faggot spooked me when I was younger

This is one of the most frightening bosses in Bloodborne. The only boss I ever felt legitimately intimidated by and the boss that gave me the most trouble. Fuck Ludwig.

Too many. It was confusing.

The most disturbing part about Ludwig is that he still looks pretty human from certain angles.
And then he turns around and suddenly it's all rape horse.

Berserk and Bloodborne made me did scared of Rape Horses

>find a slew of failed gods that you have to put out of their misery
>it gets darker from there

I thought i was done and then this fucker came and really pushed me to the limit. I was smiling but was screaming on the inside.

When he tried to get back up I really was about to shit bricks at the fear of ANOTHER FORM

This is even crazier than I thought he was.
So he gets traumatized, mostly because he's an idiot that can't tell the difference between sex and rape, and then goes on to traumatize another generation of kids with his game.

Wow.

This. The fucking vacuum pull makes it horrifying.

Weren't so bad. The instant I see anything that looks iffy I know I'm in for a fight. Those guys hit like fucking trucks and are quick and snappy about attacks. They're pretty great though.

Holy fuck, I earned that damn sword. The boss fight in the second phase took my aback & I was totally overexcited. It was exactly what I wanted from the game and nothing felt as good as to beat such a decent boss.

It's not about how hard it is, it's that fucking unnatural fast movement

Fuck me. The Rampage Edition will always be with me.

I got used to it overall. A lot of things had that fast paced. Fuck the bag man, I hate them even still.

Nihilanth creeped me out, especially with all the cryptic messages he says like those pertaining to Gman. Too bad it isn't gonna mean shit in the end

Shit happens user, while it's poor overall. The poor aspect is more how the series went into a big joke & 2 is shit

An unstoppable massive blob of flesh, limbs and teeth approaching you, while cornered and fresh out of a bossfight.
Man, I miss monster designs of the PS1 era. All those limitations in character models made the devs put effort into making them look repulsive. As much as I love lightgun games the main reason I got Darkside Chronicles was for the reworked models of monsters from RE 2 and Veronica.

Check out that Breengrub account, was posted by the series' writer. More or less the Vortigaunts have their own agenda and are not on your side despite the Messianic status given to Freeman, the grub-like Advisors are able to assume any form they wish after leaving their larval stage and are mentioned to take ethereal forms from which they have a vast psychic culture, are one of the Combine's slave-species, and are enslaved by being perpetually kept from transcending as they're supposed to as part of their life-cycle, and it's mildly implied that G-man is one of those grubs having taken a human-like form after hatching.

Most of the stuff in these threads barely registers with me, this fucker legitimately made me uncomfortable. Not only him, but the enemies in the next stage that looked like miniature versions of him that would jump around and shit. Tomb Raider's atmosphere was GOAT tier.

Nice dubs Well shit, looks like I have a lot to read up.

twitter.com/BreenGrub

Also this:
lambdageneration.com/discussion/half-life/5-intriguing-things-breengrub-teaches-us-about-the-half-life-saga/
archive.is/HhrIr

Thank you anons

Those fucking Stage 1 Dark Troopers were the freakiest enemy I ever had to fight in an FPS. And the most annoying enemy to deal with in the whole game cus they cut right through your shields and you have to blow them out of the sky with explosives while they chase after you.

Even the concept art for these fuckers in the Dark Forces strategy guide just makes me wanna fight all the other bad guys instead, like a robotic Death Knight from hell who's one goal is the kill you.

That scorpion guy from one of the early Tomb Raider games was scary as fuck for me
Also the butler

I think so, its been a while since I played it. Honestly it would make a great game to play with Holla Forums, shame I don't have the time.

I AM THE DOODLE KING

Last enemies on a video game that made me give a fuck were the spikes dude, and the blind dude on RE4 and the regenerator on Dead Space, because they were enemies that would fuck your shit up instantly and you had to figure it out how to beat them on your own.

And not straight up immortal until a scripted event happened like those shitty bosses of RE7.

all yours

Actually he was trying to capture the aspects of primal emotion as a whole. The sort of stuff that is really fucking hard to explain.

I HATH LOOKED INTO THE ABYSS AND THE ABYSS KILLED MY PIKMIN

Gonna agree there. Fucking hell, just exploring some tombs to grab some gold, wasn't expecting to fight skinless half formed torsos, dinosaurs, and other eldrich abominations