How switch voice chat works

Somehow it's even worse than expected.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
simonstalenhag.se/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So do I put the squid in my butt or what?

I really don't understand Nintendo, why can't they just do shit normally, especially now when people are paying a premium?

WHAT THE FUCK

Looks exactly like the thing for my otamatone.
I wonder if the thing from my otamatone would work

WEW

Watch it cost way more than it actually should

Why the fuck do you need a smartphone for it?

NINTENDONT

XDDDD

So what's the problem exactly?

You shouldn't need a dumbass dongle. Bet it sounds like shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is that an upvote arrow or a squidkid meme?

Its okay when nintendo does it.

Obviously its designed as a squid. It has those squid like tails.

No. It's an upvote and it is pandered to the reddit audience :^}

Its designed like smartphones in Splatoon universe.

So is this some way so they don't get shit on for foul language?

Must have something to do with that new app they're going to release

How about you actually point out what's wrong with the device first, unless you're one of the people who just wants approval from the board cause you said something mean about Nintendo.

I don't like having a smartphone in my pocket while relaxing over a game.

Which were inspired by reddit upvotes ;^3

You can only voice chat with friends. and something about their new app is supposed to allow you arrange meetups and set up lobbies without actually having to turn on your switch.

Splatoon also wasn't originally designed with voice chat in mind cause the developers didn't want there to be an "atmosphere of negativity." So cutting down on foul language, bullying and the like is probably the aim.

Splatoon dev team nu male cucks confirned

Are you telling me you see nothing wrong in needing to use this dumb-looking dongle AND a smartphone to do voice chats?

I always thought that consoles having no chats only means less interactivity with people, but now they cut down on voice interactions?

I played MMO games on PS4. It was suffering. Everyone is silent and acts like a retard, "chatting" only with emotions animations.

There's everything fucking wrong with it.

It's all optional >=^]

Didn't Nintendo have to pull swapnote due to issues with communications with adults and children?

So… How the hell does this even work? By the looks of this you either need both a smartphone and a headset, or you can use a smartphone as a mic if desired. Why do you even need another device to use a headset though?

You can wrap yourself in wires and pretend to be lain.

No. They pulled it due to WORRIES between communications between adults and children.
I do remember a pedo contacting a girl though, hazy memory.

You know you fucked up when even nintendrones in youtube comments are shitting on it

I thought we were done with external devices for voice chat on handhelds? Both the Vita and the 3DS have a built in mic.

Nintendo isn't against pedo scum. They are against pedo scum that doesn't pay them.

The funniest part we live in the age where everything is wireless, and here you have nintendo wrapping you with even more wires on device that only works 3 hours in handheld mode.

got a bad feeling they're doing stupid shit on purpose to justify never having to bother trying again when this inevitably fails.

Maybe I just have an old school approach to things, but I've always preferred no voice chat as I don't feel that voice chat has ever resulted in better players because nobody is going to listen to someone they don't know who's trying to tell them what to do. They might listen to their friends, but if they and their friends already have good synergy, they don't really have much need for voice chat cause they're able to communicate well enough through various ques or just keeping a close eye on one another. A certain amount of mental focus is also sometimes taken away when you're trying to talk to someone and play at the same time. Not everyone is as good at rubbing their stomach and patting their head and the same time and why do that if it's an inconvenience? It's not surprising to me then that voice chat has simply become something for the creation of memes and just plain dicking around.

And then you can also pretend the console is still portable while walking around wearing a headset, console in both hands and your phone dangling down from the upboat device, yelling about squids and the newest amiibos

Someone needs to re-drew that "3DS in Public" pic with an autist wrapped in wires with his switch

I can't wait for more Switch and Smartphone addons, fellow goys

Length of the cables means your smartphone will be resting near the switch.

Unless you've got your switch undocked, in which case I'm not sure the cable would be long enough to fit in your pocket, so your phone would just be dangling there.

You know what this fucking reminds me of?
Did any of you ever own an Atari 5200?
It came with this awful switch box, you had to plug the console and the power adapter into the box, then plug the box into the TV.
It was the most ass-backwards pile of shit you could imagine. You had wires going all over the fucking room and people would trip over them constantly.

Grandpa, world war 2 is over.

It all makes sense

Don't you have summer school to attend?

James, don't you have a daughter you need to take care of?

I really don't expect anyone here owning something like Atari consoles. The board would be too childish for them. Especially when we don't talk about retro video games or even good video games at all here.

That seems to be exactly the way it works. Once cord plugs into the headphone jack of the Switch so that you can hear the audio from the Switch through the headset while another jack plugs into the phone so you can hear the voice chat.

I'm guessing that the phone app itself can operate independently from this peripheral and that this peripheral is just meant for being able to hear both the chat and the game audio through the headset as one audio feed since the audio for the chat and the game itself are coming through separate devices respectively.

You could find someone who had 2600, 7800, Jaguar or Lynx but 5200 was such steaming pile of shit that even fucking Colecovision looked like better way to spend money.

Some guy got arrested in Japan for trying to get lewd pictures from some kids.

Nice squid.

You forgot portable charger if you want to play that shit more than 3 hours.

Asian lolis are gross, what was he thinking?

I know right!? Asian Shota is MUCH better!~

If it IS the same thing as my otamatone, it's so you can blend sound channels.

Good lord this looks like S-video.

Welcome to 2017 Nintendo. Could be worse at least it doesn't involve faxing your passport.

You fucking degenerate. 2d>3d

My name isn't James. I do have two daughters though.

I'm only 39 for fuck sake, it's not like I'm some 95 year old man covered in dust and liver spots.

The 5200 is the worst console I've ever owned. Nothing comes close. I remember my dad and older brother not liking it either.

Wires going fucking everywhere, such a disgrace.

I miss S-video ports on modern monitors.

That's all assuming that THIS device is the ONLY means of chatting. The fact that it's a device made by Hori for Nintendo and not Nintendo themselves and is Splatoon themed would suggest that it isn't. Considering that the voice chat audio is actually coming through the phone, I'd wager that players can just open the chat app, place it on the table near them as they play and that's that. This device again, looks like it's meant to allow both the chat audio and the game audio to come through one single device where in normal circumstances they're coming through two.

This peripheral seems like it's more meant for the home anyway. Switch is a hybrid console, some aspects are bound to be designed with home play more in mind.

I was joking and expecting you to be 28 or something. Holy fuck what are you doing here? Take care of your family user, while you still have time.

If I turn 39 and am still posting on sites like this, can one of you kind anons please kill me?

I really like my Switch, but that's one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen, and the Switch's voice chat is so goddamn retarded. It should have been like the fucking PS3 had and just let you connect a bluetooth headset to the console wirelessly, rather than forcing us to do stupid shit through our phone.

I don't know who decided "hey, why not basically force them to just call each other on the phone for voice chat," but they should be goddamn shot. Might as well just use Mumble at that rate. Should have proper console voice chat. One of the real embarrassing blemishes on an otherwise surprisingly good console.

Nintendo has got to be the most incompetently rich company in Japan.

My youngest kid is 17 and heading off collage next year, I don't need to be taking care of them like they're toddlers anymore.

I don't fucking know what stupid horseshit was going through their heads when they came up with this, Christ almighty.

Way to go Nintendo, you took something as simple as a microphone and made it unnecessarily complicated. Have fun slowly turning into Apple with shitter products.

Does anyone have the pic of Morshu with Shlomo's head? I lost my copy.

Tell everyone

Everyone's downloading terrabytes of CP furiously.

No, that's how an optional dongle works if you want to use a wired headset to use the voice chat client that works on your phone while also hearing game audio in your headset. You can easily avoid all of this by either using just your phone or a Bluetooth headset mic.
That explains why you're a faggot who doesn't elaborate shit and only posts minimal information to get retards who jump to conclusions to shitpost in this thread.

Your attitude reminds me this.

This is EXACTLY the situation when you need to take care of kids. After colleges they return faggots and queers.

Holy fucking quads.

>When you could just use your computer and use Mumble or Discord or Teamspeak or literally any number of applications that do this exact same thing

But April Fools' Day was two months ago, this is June 1st, not April 1st.

Wait, doesn't this mean that the fags with an iphone will need another dongle, since it looks like that device is 3.5mm?

As a parent, one of the most important things you can do is to stay sane and still get some alone time. I've got a pair of kids, and I struggle to get a couple hours a day to actually do what I want, after 10 hours of work, 2 hours making and eating dinner, 2 hours hanging with my kids, and then an hour doing yard work and other housework. Half of the time I lurk here while working.

If you're playing a bigger game like Zelda continuously for three hours with max brightness and volume, sure. In other circumstances, you can make the device last much longer. But if you're just gonna binge play like that, why are you even taking it outside or moving too far away from an outlet or car charger? Handhelds are consoles generally meant for playing between bus rides, waiting for the school bell, or one your thirty minute lunch break. I can make an original small 3DS last me 8 hours or more before I need to recharge.

I agree. But at the very least, it doesn't seem like this headset is essential to voice chatting and you can just use your phone by itself if that's more convenient. I just don't understand why the voice chat is coming through the phone. Are they just too lazy to produce their own bluetooth headsets or is there is going to be something special about this mystery chat app they keep teasing that justifies me having to keep my phone on me all the time if I want to chat with squids?

Don't worry goyim, just buy our 30 dongles for NEW and INNOVATIVE functions such as charging, typing and even receiving messages from miles away.

Being a part of the family is like being part of the living body. Part that wishes to be seperated can be just as dangerous for family's health as seperated body part.

I'm guessing you can just connect a bluetooth headset to your phone to use it. My issue is fucking why? I'm already using the console. I'm already connected to the internet. I'm already connected to the fucking server, and my controller I'm using is already connected to the console via bluetooth. Why make me use my fucking phone at all? I don't want to fumble with 4 or more fucking wireless devices at the same time just to play a goddamn game. Cut out the middle man. Just let me do it through the console itself.

I'm a fucking Nintoddler and I still can't fucking understand how Ninty still is dropping the ball on sane online communication after all these years. Even the PS3 did it better a goddamn decade ago.

He's not going to an SJW collage, he knows all about that dumb Marxist shit anyway and he hates it. He sometimes has light banter with his mother because she uses reddit. He calls it a "crybully" website.
He's a smart kid.

I started gaming in 1998 and I already feel old.

Jesus Christ, user, what the fuck are you doing?

I don't want to be separated, I just want an hour a day or so to do my own shit. It's exhausting getting up at 7 AM for work and then realizing by the time you get the kids to sleep at 9 PM that your entire day is over and you're almost too tired to even play video games at that point.
My kids are far younger than yours though. Mine are 1 and 5 years old, so I assume it will get better when they want to spend more time alone.

Maybe it was to save money. I mean, everybody is literally already carrying a chat device with them if you think about it.

You rised him good then.

I don't have kids and probably never will.

lmao

You guys also have another gimmick on the way. Design of switch itself suggests it.

I get what you mean and I agree mostly, but "everybody has a smartphone so it's fine" isn't a valid excuse for anything.

I don't know how it saves money. They still have to maintain the services and servers, it's just not going through the console. Everybody still needs to have the same equipment unless they're literally using it with the phone held up to their head. It's slightly more convenient to Nintendo who doesn't have to program the system to allow for voice chat and shit with games at the same time, but not for the consumer, who always wants a game console that handles everything that it should on its own. The only way this could be convenient for the consumer, really, is with one of those horrid smart watches or something, and those probably won't integrate with whatever Nintendo's app is.

I mistook who I was talking to. I thought I was talking to the 39-year-old.

I actually thought they'd do that on day 1. Maybe with a POV Metroid rail game where you use the right controller to shoot.

Looks like a recipe for motion sickness.

Bull-fucking-shit. That's even dumber than what OP posted.

It's not the perfect system, but the Switch is the best we have for now

That's actually accurate idea. Its probably metroid prime 4 with google cardbox knockoff in its collectors edition.

The main issue with this is that I'm pretty sure that the Switch doesn't have gyro sensors, and the gyros are in the joy cons, not the console itself.
It would work if the VR headset had gyro in it and connected as a controller or something of the sort. It means that you couldn't use a plain plastic shell with lenses, though.

More or less what I was expecting when it was previously revealed it would require a smartphone. Too bad for iPhone users, I guess. Still, this is incredibly retarded, even for Nintendo.

It's gonna happen.
In all honesty, I think its a somewhat ingenious idea. It's a cheap way to make a system have VR, and knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised if Google was helping them out in exchange for more IP's.

It connects through the controller section. Its easy to implement gyro in the VR headset, because it will have to use same ports.

The worst part about switch VR its so possible - some people already made homemade ones. Its fucking rectangle tablet form is exactly what makes it possible in the first place.

Nintendo also filed a pattern for it.

patent*

I just had an Atari 2600.

Nintendo wants us to be furries.

Not saying it's a good excuse, just saying that that might be their mindset.

you might be exaggerating the inconvenience. If voice chat is still going to wirelessly operate via your phone and you can just turn on your phone, turn on the speaker and just place it next to you, that's hardly a dramatic inconvenience for the consumer and I think the average consumer will probably get used to it. The headset seems inconvenient for on the go, but it seems like an optional device to what is likely going to be the standard chat method. That's not to say it would be preferable that the Switch itself handles all these functions, but the Switch doesn't seem to have a microphone built into it and its bluetooth functionality seems to be limited to just the joycons.They probably did skimp out on certain functions they could just export to other devices for the sake of funds since without the joycons, the tablet and its parts are fairly cheap. Nintendo seems deadset on entering the mobile market, so I'm guessing they're finding every excuse to make use of that device as their third pillar

In all fairness, a lot of consumers are actually excited about the possibility of Switch VR. My eldest brother spent 600+ dollars for Playstation VR. One of my friends who owns a Switch but isn't a regular on imageboards is practically begging for VR on the Switch. Honestly, it's only vidya purists that hang out in places like this that really seem to have an issue with it. I don't really care much for VR, but I can see why the more general market eats it up and I can see why Nintendo might want to capitalize on the trend when Sony seems to be doing well at it.

I mean I don't have to watch over them 24/7 anymore, of course I'm going to be looking after them in general.
Well, one of them got married and the other is in the process of moving out, so he's the only one I gotta worry about right now.
Time goes by fast. It feels like only last week I was driving my oldest to her first day in school and now she has a husband.

I'm really going to miss them. I remember wishing they were adults already around my second daughter's 3rd birthday, but now the only thing I wish for is for them to slow down a bit. My son is really excited to go to collage, but I'm sad I won't be seeing him for potentially months at a time. I haven't seen my oldest since her birthday and I probably won't be seeing again after she moves out until Christmas. Fuck, I'm tearing up. I really can't believe they're growing up.

Cherish this time, user. You might hate it now, but down the line a lot of your treasured memories will be from when they were young.

The future is now.

Ehh, it's alright. I don't see the problem with it.

Nintendo is bringing the 90's aesthetics to your gaming.
Everything is wired!

The headphones are even modeled after the headphones the squids wear in the game.

this meme needs to die already

hmm what does this remind me of…

Why shoudl they if they know that they still have enough retards in their ranks that will buy their shit and down scream any opposition?

Contemplate suicide, Hitler. Again.

over the ear headphones are the perfect way to detect an autist.
Nobody normal ever wears those shitty headphones.

It is not retarded.
They are making exactly same thing for phones as cheap ass VR. My father got interested and bought such thing. It is surprisingly not shit.
Aside of lacking any proper games. I couldn't tested how it worked with your character moving.

So you're saying you're a normalfag who values hardware by trends, not specs and use case?

Headphones are fine but those ones that go on the back of your head are autistic.

that's not over the ear?
there's not really a term for it, but it's common on sport earphones, but it doesn't make too much sense for headphones

My cellphone is always 20ft away from me until it rings or I go out and turn it on when needed. Why does Nintendo want to kill the girls and soft boys who buy their products?

What the fuck is this? Why not just connect a headset to the switch with a 3.5 cable and be done with it?

The Switch doesn't have a built in mic function, just a normal headphone jack.

Nintoddlers are the special needs of the video game industry. I can't stop laughing at this shit.

Couldn't they just make a bluetooth headset that an update could add compatibility for? This is absurd. What in the fuck is wrong with Nintendo?

I really hope I don't have to go through a bunch of smart phone horseshit just to start a lobby with friends. Why even bother making it so obtuse and require another expensive device to function?

Why can't it just be done through the console?

So you shell out 30 bucks for some plastic shit with a PCB inside it all the while a phone app steals your personal info, filthy gaijin.
Don't be a kook, never trust a gook!

No you don't, you unintelligent spic

What kind of fucking retard thought having all that tangling off what's supposed to be a "mobile console" would somehow be a good idea?

So you can actually just hook up a headset without a smartphone?t

LOL

Probably you can cut out the middleman and use your phone on speaker or something.

You're right, you don't need to pay for a god damn thing if you just use whatever VOIP program you're using already! How many people honestly own bluetooth headsets? I do, but I use it with my laptop, not my phone. The 3.5mm jack broke, or else I wouldn't have bothered.

It actually surprises me when people talk about never having played games like Diablo or Starcraft before. even as a 22 year old.

They'll probably be showcasing the app soon. We probably can't finally judge the Switch's voice chat until that time.

The chat audio and the game audio are coming through two separate devices at once rather than a single device. These audio feeds though can be linked together to come through one audio device through the purchase of a separate peripheral headset but I'm guessing I'm guessing you can still use an ordinary bluetooth phone earpiece so you can hear the chat audio privately in one ear like with any normal console, except you just need to have your phone closeby is all.

According to some previous interviews, they've said that their whole reasoning was that they didn't want people to feel like they need to go out and buy a separate headset when one can just use a phone or normal earpiece, things the average customer probably already has. This headset seems to contradict this, but this is Hori's product that just has a Splatoon license. It's not THE official headset of the Switch or anything. Nintendo probably knows most people are going to be using their normal headsets.

So no matter what, you still need a smartphone for voice chat? Holy fuck what is wrong with Nintendo? They still use friend codes too, the goddamn retards

We've known about this since before the console came out, this isn't news

Also, what exactly is the benefit of running voice chat through a phone app instead of the console? Is it to cut down on costs?

I used to think they were a novelty, but in the last few years, I've been seeing them increase in popularity on college campuses. It's weird that walking around looking like a crazy person talking to yourself has become so normal.

Why? DS, 3DS, and even some WiiU games that used voice chat just let you use the built-in mic. Hell, even the Wii had a mic for if you include the Wii Speak accessory. It plugged into one of the Wii's USB ports and didn't require you to plug a separate device into it.
Why should anyone pay for an online service that requires you to use bullshit accessories just to talk to someone? How the fuck did Nintendo's online service get worse after requiring payment? Why do consoles that have free online include a built-in mic, but a console with paid online requires using a smartphone plugged into an adapter? I'm not even sure if it's Judaism at this point. It's just straight up incompetence.

(duble dubs checked)
I hope you're not implying that your pic is showing an S-Video plug, because it isn't.

What the fuck is the point? Just to sell those stupid squid dongles (cause you know they are probably going to be like 20-30 bucks)?

cool sources, those images really explain whats going on

I want to love the Switch. I had a powercut recently and I was able to just carry on where I left off in handheld mode. But God damn every time I find myself enjoying it, I find 10 things that shit all over me.
Even my Vita has voice chat built in. The fucking Vita can run lobbies without some retarded smartphone to console to headset adapter.

Yes, you still need to have a smartphone for voice-chat. But it doesn't seem like you'll need to go out of your way to buy this headset so at the very least the inconvenience isn't quite as big as some make it out to be.

Cutting down costs does seem to be the most likely reason. The Switch doesn't have a built in mic like the Wii U gamepad or the 3DS does. A good portion of the money in the Switch production seems to have gone to the joycons, which make 80 dollars of the 300 dollar price tag and Nintendo seems to be producing more joycons than anything else out of the accessory lineup of the Switch. The mic function was probably taken out to keep the cost of the tablet down and they figured exporting the function to a separate device made by someone else was much easier.

Again, the only function of this headset is to allow you to hear the game audio & chat audio through a single pair of headphones. Otherwise, if you already have a phone and/or a bluetooth headset for your phone, I'd wager you have everything you need for voice chat on the Switch already

Fuck it's easier to reach a parallel universe in Mario 64 than this.

That's component. [RGB + Stereo Audio]

S-Video was the black connector.

Probably a preemptive move to make online chat so broken and obtuse that nobody uses it - so that they don't have to shell out the cash for either a robust voice communication network or the inevitable responsibility for monitoring the service so that irresponsible parents don't have to worry about their mini-Chads being "damaged" by talking to real people like human beings.

Pic related.

I don't know why they can't have a one-time wireless pairing between the phone and Switch. Why this wire hell?

it sounds less like there are no games and more like you just don't have any interest in what's already on the console. That's cool. If you're not happy with the game selection other than MK8, you're not happy. I'm not the type to try to tell you should enjoy something like Bomberman R, Blaster Master Zero or I Am Setsuna just cause I had fun with them and there's plenty of games I'm looking forward to having on the console.
I haven't had too much issue with this, but maybe I just have tiny babby hands.
How's the strap any worse than the Wii remote strap? I don't really understand how you could have a problem.
I don't what POS phone you have, but can't you just use a cheap BT earpiece to feed the phone audio to?

What's really going to cook your noodle is when you consider hooking this stupid shit up in TV mode.

You mean YPbPr

It doesn't look like the Switch and the phone wirelessly pair, but the board of this headset simply has you plug one jack into the headphone slot of the Switch and one jack into the headphone port of your phone which are then fed through the headphones. The implication here is that if you playing with voice chat normally, you'd have the switch or controller in your hands and your phone right next to you and you're basically just calling your friends through the app at the same time that you guys happen to be playing. It's not so much actual voice chat as it is using Nintendo's own homebrew app to set up a party line

If you already need a smartphone, why not just use only the smartphone and skip all the extra crap? It's like the more money you throw at Nintendo, the shittier their products become. Remember when a Nintendo was just a box to play video games on?

You can

Pretty much the entire library of the Switch is ports from other consoles. The only reason I got it was because I hadn't played Zelda or Mario Kart 8, and now outside that I have nothing to play

It isn't just the size, but the build quality of the joy cons. My left joy con clicks and bumps slightly when bringing the analogue stick down. My right joycon clicks loudly when moving the analogue stick left. The buttons are uncomfortable, until realising that auto accelerate was a thing my thumb was sore from holding down A.
And don't get me started on the nightmare of trying to bring two joycons back into a single registered one.

It's sliding it on and off of the attachment. It sits flush on both joy cons and even pressing the release button it's still a huge struggle to part the joy con and the strap attachment. And this is correctly plugged in, lining the + and - together.
Again, it's just the cheap build quality.

HTC U Ultra, far from a piece of shit but in fact the best phone I've ever owned and the only one in the EU market that has a second screen on it (since they never released the LG V20 here)
There are phones on the market that this will fuck over if it requires a jack and isn't Bluetooth

By the end of it's lifespan the Switch is going to have more add-on's than the Gameboy.

Just means more ports to plug into. :3

ALL RANGE MODE

Jesus, 2 hours a day? Are there parents that acutally do that? Mine mostly just left me to my own devices.
If you're short on free time you should consider paying less attention to your children.

Wait why does that first one have two buttons on the left and joystick on the right? I thought the image was flipped but the rest of it is correct.

The joystick addon is upside down; look at the text.

This thread…

What the fuck nintendo?

Which is what Nintendo wants. They're the kings of selling plastic garbage at a premium. Put a Mario or Pikachu sticker on it and it sells millions.

What the fuck is this casual shit?

Finally, a way to really capture the elusive "female gamer" market.

The fuck are they doing?

But the problem there is, i dont have 600 fucking dollars to drop on a vr headset, and who does? besides rich people who already have vr. Its way too overpriced and underdeveloped right now. Its just not viable to make games for vr that are gonna make enough money. Its not puritanism, its having fucking common sense and being smart with money. Vr doesnt add anything groundbreaking at the moment.

Nigga das an iRiver.

We've found the point of our misunderstanding
Google "over the ear headphones", click images, and see what you find.

Will I be able to talk to girls with this. How do you even make friends if you can only communicate with friends.

Ah, well at least we understand one another. I assumed they were over the ear because they go over the ear and to the back of the head

The same way you do in real life
You don't

$40

*calling it now**

$20 bucks confirmed
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

That's nothing compared to the NES knitting machine, which sadly I don't thing was ever released. I can't tell you how hard it is to get a hold of a good knitting machine.

I'd rather just use discord or curse.

It was released and even had games. You never played Super Mario Sweater?

Yeah when I see people go "this is the best game ever" I always sigh. This industry has no sense of history or purpose.

I've seen things you millenials wouldn't believe.

I really like the headset/headphones wish I could just get something similar to them

You can thank Apple for the spike in Bluetooth.

Splatoon honestly works fine enough already without voice chat and with two team commands. Booyah! Is the true universal Woomy and has aided me countless times in ensuring my team is psychologically stable during hectic ranked matches. This is good friendly fun, I don't need to have half the population of Glorious Nippon know my sizeable vocabulary of Asian slurs that I use consistently when I play. All they need to know is C'mon! and Booyah! And to stick to the objective.

On the other hand, I will never know what its like to bully that fat useless fuck Putz and have him unable to do anything about it

Final verdict:Device is stuck between unneeded voice chat and groups using voice chat services already in place to play their custom games. Device has too many wires, but as a plus looks like a squid. Might end up just being an expensive collectible.

That diagram looks straight out of sex ed

I knew they'd push that shit again.

If people wanted to play Balloon Fight they could just emulate windows emulating a wii emulating a gamecube playing animal crossing emulating it

Finally I can connect with my friends!

In-game voice chat doesn't even let you talk with strangers anyway, make it even more pointless.
I can't for a second understand how the minds at Nintendo operate

According to the website, the voice chat function is done via Nintendo's app.
So the dongle is just a way to connect the two audio outputs into a single headset. This is the kind of shit OP would have in his post if he weren't such a cock hungry faggot.

Wew lad, it's been a while.

You missed the point of what I said. Prior to the Switch Nintendo games that utilized voice-chat used the supported microphone by the console to allow you to talk to each other. (Yes, for the Wii you needed a separate microphone, but it was still connected to the console itself and not an audio adapter.) With the Switch, you need to use a smartphone for voice-chat which is independent of the console itself. There is no reason voice chat can't be part of the console itself, when Nintendo's own consoles released over 10 years ago could support this.
Nintendo charging for online meant they were supposed to improve the service. (Most of us knew this was bullshit, but it is what they claimed.) With the changes to voice chat one would assume that instead of games having to implement their own voice chat, Nintendo would make their own voice-chat for the console that games can utilize like Microsoft/Sony do. Instead, the console has removed the ability to do voice-chat and you now need a 3rd party device for a feature that used to be done natively by the console itself.

That's not a good assumption to make for a device that's assumed to be stand-alone. Smartphones are popular, but Nintendo shouldn't assume everyone has one. Even if someone has one, they may not want to leave it connected to the console for possibly hours at a time. How does it work when receiving an in-coming call? Does the voice chat get put on mute? Are you kicked when closing the app? Can the app be put in the background while you use other apps? (For example, checking a text or email?)
Imagine a parent buying a console for their kid only to find out that they need a tablet or smartphone to talk to people with it. Once the online is fully deployed and more games start using it, I guarantee that will be causing headaches for some parents/consumers.
I actually don't think voice chat through a smart-phone app is entirely retarded as a feature, (even if it's a bit odd) but making that the only way to do voice-chat for a console definitely is.

Are you a shill? There's nothing remotely interesting exclusive to the Switch at the moment. It's ports and remakes right now until later this year. The biggest game for it right now is BotW which can also be played on WiiU.

what a retard

Kids these days like to fuck brown bricks, in a bus.

I can fix that

Jesus fuck me in the ass. What were they thinking?

What is the point of virtual reality if we won't be the people to craft it in our own image?

At the moment thats all VR is good for anyway.

Not entirely true. It is surprisingly getting there.
I won't say it got there unless someone finally realizes it works for games where you sit down in a chair therefore Mecha.

YOU'RE A SWITCH NOW

In before "Professional Game Reviewer" puts it up their ass, tries to use it and complains about the sound quality.

Stating the obvious but this basically confirms that there will be no on-console voice chat option on the Switch for the foreseeable future. We didn't know for sure until now, but Hori selling a product like this smashes any hope.

What the fuck? Can you show that to me again slowly?

Pretty sure I could build this from scraps in my cable bin. Hell, I can tell you what it is.

It's probably four 500 ohm resistors, configured to multiplex the stereo audio from both inputs into the headset, and a switch on the mic line to let you mute yourself.

I give it a week before there's a cheap third-party adapter for like $5 USD on amazon. If not, I'll start making them myself because I could use some fucking money.

Have you seen what's inside the Switch'a dock? It's even simpler than what you've typed so far.

This is another things shills here don't realize that majority here don't really like smartphones in general and the only 'mobile' game that's tolerated is Granblue since it's on PeeCee also forgetting the fact that smartphones also need a power bank if away from the power supply. I want to see the finalized image of a Switch user. I can't imagine it at all.

I'd imagine people who stick this shit into their butthole have their ass insides falling down to the toiled when they shit.

Nigger, even the Dreamcast - the first console with marketable online - did it better, damned near 20 years ago. And it was free.

I'm going to wait for the Switch-lite.

Actually, it's because of HTC and LG.

You better not be playing with my emotions user.

The man who owns this board.

BRB Mom taking a walk to the park.

That is the most insulting shit I've ever seen. And to add salt to the wound, they want you to pay for their 'great' online service.

What is that thing immediately on top of the 32x?

Nope, only 2600.

Power Base Converter. It lets you use Master System carts in the Genesis.

The Genesis could play SMS games natively. Cartridge games, anyhow, not those cards. The problem was that they didn't design the Genesis cartridge slot to be compatible with SMS cartridge dimensions. It's literally just a "square peg in a rounded hole" solution. You could just do a bit of cutting on the Genesis (like a philestine) case and bypass the need for the converter altogether for the most part.

Why is the Spy red?

No idea. Because the Cold War was still a thing when that game released?

By the way, do they still make kids do the duck and cover drills in school? I remember having to do that shit when I was elementary, before the Berlin Wall fell, but it was a rare drill - mostly because the ICBMs at the time had gotten advanced to the point that they could no longer bullshit about the survivability. By the time we'd even know they were on their way, you'd only have just enough time to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

Post more pics like those. That's so cool

Isn't it past your bedtime, grandpa?

Shouldn't you be busy watching your favorite Youtuber play games, Jimmy?

simonstalenhag.se/
Have fun user.

No, they don't. Well not for bombs, we had to duck and cover for earthquake drills when I was in school though.

Thanks user, you're the best

this is making me angry
i thought nintendo were the guys that did good peripherals