Toaster Gaming

Post those low-specs, and recommend games.

I can't recommend Terraria highly enough. Human designs are a bit meh, but there's an actual game there unlike Minecraft.

FTL is also good, but you need a lot of trial & error to be good at it.

Dungeons of Dredmore is excellent, and there are loads of mods. But- the devs stopped undating their most recent games, and it looks like the "studio" disbanded & they told no-one.

Other urls found in this thread:

ragnarokbattleoff.xpg.uol.com.br/downloads.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_II
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quake. Doom. Blood. Duke 3D, etc. Dark Forces 2 is fun as fuck.
Fallout New Vegas.
Valkyria Chronicles.
Emulators, Dolphin can run some shit quite well even on a shitty CPU if you tinker enough.
Source game shit.
exe shit, like AM2R, Sonic ATS/BTS, MMX Corrupted when it releases in 21XX
Anything pre 2006 really.
Mech Warrior games. Mech Commander. Have fun getting 3 working on fucking anything.

I want to tickle Sachiko until she's as purple as her hair.

Sachiko is for PUNCHING.

My current goal is to make a puzzle game not unlike Chips Challenge or boulderdash that works on XP toasters. Anyone have really garbage specs that could help me test one day? Maybe a year from now

run it on a VM, you can give it specs close to what an XP toaster had (1 ghz single core - 128mb ram -32mb video)

You call that a toaster? How young are you?

SACHIKO IS NOT FOR PUNCHING

SACHIKO IS FOR SMUGGING

it's like 20 year old hardware, gramps

Can do both.

E.Y.E. runs good on low specs since it's source. PSP and DS emulators work well too. Any Hitman game Blood Money and prior, SWAT 4, Deus Ex of course, Unreal Gold, Tony Hawk games, Fable 1, Way of the Samurai 3, osu! if you like rhythm, most any older RTS, Severance : Blade of Darkness, RUNE, all games I play on my toaster, bunch of quick suggestions for anyone else on a toaster hurting for games.

There's an Elona thread up, check it out.
Also RBO was my favorite back in the day I had the old toaster. Get it in this link, use google translate in order to figure out the instructions to play it using the expansions properly. ragnarokbattleoff.xpg.uol.com.br/downloads.html
Actual RO is also good, try the OriginsRo server if you never played RO before.

Can you fucking kill yourself?

You too, for playing in a laptop and for starting a toaster thread with 6 years old hardware

Have you tried not being poor?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_II

Really at this point times of good gaming is so far behind and computers strong enough that you really just need modern wooden PC.
You can play anything on wooden PC nowadays. In extreme cases it will just require: low settings+mods+resolution lower than 1080p.

Really options for current games makes me much more interested in buying passively cooled PC instead of good graphics card.

what you meant to ask, dumbass, is 'what games can i play with shitty integrated graphics'

I've always ended up with laptops with at least integrated Nvidia and my answer to that is usually about anything prior to about 2007 will work. That intel shit? I have no idea.

Old games are your friends. Get on GoG and torrent GoG installer.
There are also autisms like Elona or other indie games.
You might even try Mount&Blade, shit runs amazing well on everything.
Don't forget we used to have consoles 10 years ago, handhelds even. I am pretty sure you will emulate GBA or even PS1. I mean your PC cannot be worse than PSP.

Also normalfag autist channel about surviving on a toaster. He posts useful stuff on it, something too obvious but stil worth checking out.

Old games and emulated NES titles. Stuff like Total Annihilation doesn't even need a graphics card.

You'd best start believing in toasters; I'm on one.