So why is 'ragequitting' bad?

It's been something I've wanted to ask you enlightened god gamer folk, particularly of the competitive variety.

You're clearly the better player. The game says so, you can tell from the particular way the opponent plays, you've got this shit on lock. Why is it that when the opponents bows out and leaves, you (or someone of your skill level) often go into a fit of absolute madness when your enemy gave up! It's clear they couldn't turn it around. Why bother getting pissy about it? Go and find your next game!

If it's a shutout, it's a shutout. Who fucking cares about your fucking honor.

Well, you crushing them so fast kind of confirms that fact. Besides, it's kind of stupid for you to care about your enemy that you clearly stomped.

I mean it's worse in that MOBA garbage, but I hear similar in Fighting Games, Racing, and so on.

So let's hear it. Why is leaving a game that's clearly unwinnable, a bad thing?

Rage quitting faggot detected

No such thing. By the fact you are wasting your time on virtual entertainment toys, you lost. So "losing" has no meaning in video games, unless you are an employee of those advertisement shows called "e-sports".

Well, if by ragequit you mean doesn't bother playing multiplayer affairs minus things like Torchlight or Diablo, you're correct.

I don't bother with PvP, I never win! Thanks for the half-assed answer though.

Depends on the situation.
Is it a team game where you would be screwing over your teammates?
Is it a ranked match in a game where leaving means your opponents score doesn't go up?
etc.
Typically there is no reason to give a fuck unless it also affects something else for someone, and it often does.

This is bait but I'll bite
So it can happen again, and again, and again? Once you've reached the skill level where you can beat most of the population it's so rare to actually finish a game. On top of this, you're constantly insulted for begin more skilled to the point where people actively try to get you banned from official servers. This along with the torrent of insults about you "trying hard" or "cheating" for knowing common instant kills spots or actually using your brain.

Winning is fun, competition is fun, begin part of a come back on either side is fun. Playing half a game just for the other player/team to quit is not fun

We would if this feature wasn't taken away from us. We would if scrubs didn't constantly beg to join these servers just to spread their cancer to them. We would if most of the competitive community wasn't made up with cliques that constantly dodge teams of a higher skill level or act like the people you speak of. If you think public servers are bad just join some of the ones where the so called good players reside.

Symptom of modern gaming where everyone must be a winner. Getting good implies taking loses and learning from them. If you never stick around to the end you won't learn anything. Plus, no one wants a sore loser on the same team constantly killing morale. I'll take a new player over a semi-skilled one with a bad attitude anyway. At least the newbie is willing to learn.

Also, the game is never unwinnable. Even if you can't make up the score you can pull something off to hurt the pride of the other team or discover things in the late game that you can apply to the next one. Rage quitters want to win and only win and refuse to play anyone even close to their own level. They are worse than newbies, cheating Russians, people that modify the game online, people that DDOS servers, worse than all of them combined.

t. pubstomper

Losing isnt fun. I still stick it out though.

Pubstomping isn't fun either. I only play publics on games I'm good at when I have no other options. You know what I do when I'm there? I teach, I let others lead, I play support. Even when handicapping myself having the other team leave due to one good player is very common. That aside, just because I'm good doesn't mean I'm no longer allowed to play on public servers. Sometimes I just want to hop on for a bit before going in to work and don't want to commit a half hour to setting up a match against another team on the level of my own. Also, lots of games encourage pubstomping by locking content behind stuff that I have to complete in public play. Would you call it pubstomping if I simple play a fighting game I've been playing for 20 years, that got a new release and starts me in rookie league with all the people that have never played before? I have to beat up on tons of them just to get to the level of play I'm accustomed to.

They're wins under your belt. You're just emphasizing my point - salt when you should be living it up!

Well, you're smashing the competition and winning, making people leave. Half full glass, not half-empty.

Just ban the scrubs if -you- have a private server. As mentioned before, I've given up the whole 'versus' gameplay ages ago. Not worth it.

Well, if one does nothing but lose and they are the constant, what could possibly be done to fix the issue? Furthermore, if they stick around and suck shit in a team game, wouldn't them leaving be -more- helpful since they aren't pushing the team deathmatch counter to its end destination, or something?

From what I've seen watching streams in free time, I beg to differ. There's some one-sided bullshit that's just awful to watch. Skill gap is too great - it's unwinnable for the lesser player by a wide margin.

So if losing isn't fun and you stick it out, wouldn't there be something better to do?

Ragequitting in a 1v1 affair is just a lack of sportsmanship aka you being a faggot that refuses to acknowlegde that he lost.

Ragequitting in a team based type deal is straight up betrayal by feeding your teammates to the meatgrinder because you couldnt stand a loss.

Also this thread is cuckchan tier doubles advocate shitposting and should be deleted and its OP faggot banned.

Yeah, doubles.

They rarely count as wins if you care about ranking which I don't. But no, playing half a game is usually not fun. Consider a game like L4D where it's common to only see beyond the first few maps maybe once or twice a play sessions because so many people quit at the first sign of losing.

I do not consider playing one round of a game where the other player/team left to be a win. It's a waste of my time. I could have played against someone that actually wanted to play instead of caring about their made up rank.

Nice idea, too bad 99% of games these days don't even have dedicated servers, or private servers, or even allow you to play the game outside of two play pools where quitting is accepted. In publics it's
In ranked it's

Maybe finish a game for once? Maybe ask for help? Maybe make a friend instead of begin known as cancer? All good things to consider

Oh you watch streams, now I understand why you consider this practice a-okay. I'll give you a hint why you see some much of that: perhaps the person you're watching dodges good teams because if their fans don't think they're the greatest they may move on to someone that actually is.

I'll say again: points aren't everything. Just picking a round up off a good player/team is often enough to make them rage quit too. Those people exist and refuse to accept that even they can be beaten by scrubs, if only for a round, and will leave to avoid their awful play ending up on youtube. Or they'll make up some excuse about how they weren't trying when it was obvious they were.

There is no excuse for leaving a game mid-match unless you have something pressing IRL. Those things happen, I understand, but when you bail and are still playing the game it's obvious you're just someone that is a sore loser. There will always be someone better at something than you and when that person comes a long I try to learn from them and their play instead of running away and shouting about how it was unfair and I was going to lose anyway. That's the difference between people that are fun to play with/against and people that aren't. It has been true since humans started playing games. We used to encourage people to get better by only giving trophies to the winners. Now, everybody gets one, and they all feel entitled to a win just because they spent some money.

Because matchmaking, really. If I get wins the matchmaking (if its good) will match me with the guys who also got good so we can play balanced matches together. If every shitter I play ragequits I don't get any wins and I'm stuck stomping shitters forever, that is not fun, not for me and I'm sure not for them either, winning is only fun when you work for it.
If there is not matchmaking I don't care.

But quitting out grants you a loss. You acknowledge you lost.

But if (I)/(You) were the one who left because it was an unwinnable situation, it'd be better off for the team, no?

No. I'd call it terrible game design if they don't get your place in the inevitable 10 wins in a row you're going to get.

Yea, those 10 wins that I should have gotten but everyone I faced raged to avoid taking an L on their record so I'm stuck in the basement all damn day and never allowed to move up in ranking thus avoiding low-tier competition. I take my loses which means for every legit win I do get in ranked I probably lost 5 times. If I actually got credit for my wins it'd be about even or better, instead I get punished for begin an honest player. Meanwhile the person that rage quits sits in Gold or higher rank shitting up the experience for everyone else, never getting punished, all so they can brag about a little icon that doesn't even matter.

This is why I stopped playing online and instead drive 45 minutes to an arcade. The competition is good and everyone respects each other.

Sage/last reply because it's obvious you're just baiting.

No you dont. Unless you go through the motions of watching the "YOU LOSE" screen to the end, you do not acknowlege the loss as legitimate. You instead cement it as illegitimate in your mind with whatever DSP tier excuse you can think of while you rage like the petulant child you are.

I wonder, what did he mean by this?

Because you waste their spare time.

Stop being a tryhard faggot and either play to have fun and not give a shot about the loss, or stick with it and take your loss like a man and get better.

Sage for obvious bait.

The best part about ragequits is that both sides catch butthurt, as op vividly demonstrates.

Can't you rage quit from life? Do that.

I don't see anything wrong with this when I'm the vidya equivalent of a rapefugee and everybody else is a hot white girl.

I don't know what you consider ragequitting, but I think real ragequits are funny. When you can get someone to ragequit it's like winning a match by knockout instead of just points.

Someone just leaving a losing battle isn't really a ragequit. It has to be with some true anger. When someone leaves who's just tired and disheartened, it's not the same.

"Rape" is social construct.

I agree with you entirely except for the last part.
Yes. However in some games, especially assfaggots, you start to have an advantage beyond just being a better player due to items acquired throughout the course of the game making comebacks incredibly difficult unless you can stall for up to 40+ minutes. I feel fighting games are superior as the only advantage is your skill and that you are a better player. It's like if whenever you play baseball you get a bigger bat every time you hit it.

Rape isn't consensual like two people playing a video game idiot

Fuck off lowtiergod. If you've started on a job it's common sense to finish it with either success or failure.

lol u mad?

checked

That's some 5 star post nigga

Goddamn this right here, and i thought i'm the only one doing this, and boy does it feels good to have the newbie carry the team once in a while. It's like watering a seed after all and that newbie that you just met is the game's new blood. Plus learning restraint is pretty good for yourself

The problem is only a few games treat ragequits/disconnects like admitting defeat. I personally don't give a shit about some digital win loss record, but some faggots will use disconnects to game the system and keep their losses low. Not only is that a dick thing to do to the other player who may just want a game, it's also pathetically autistic. The only PVP game I play treats every disconnect as a loss and it really cuts back on rage quits.

forgot pic goddamn

Needless rage in games is just meaningless.

Actually, OP is essentially asking if getting pwnt to the point of butthurt is not consensual. To extend the rapefugee analogy because that's fun, a hot mudsharking white girl consents to being in the presence of a rape ape. However, she does not consent to being raped in a manner she did not want. Likewise, you, with your fine, small and tight noob ass, only consent to playing with me, but when I dominate you and make you call me uncle, you might ragequit because I've taken our interaction in a direction you didn't consent to.

Is this thread filled with niggers? I know fighting games are mostly niggers and apes, but didn't know ASSFAGGOTS has them too do arabs and skidmarks count?

What the hell is a skidmark?

/thread

I've never done this. Why are you assuming you know me?

Yes it is frustrating dealing with someone significantly better than you. Ranked systems attempt to fix this issue my matching you with a skill level but the presence of smurfs (even in non f2p games like OW) willl always be a problem

Because it proves that you're a spineless faggot who can't control his emotions.

I won't quit if the game will penalize me for it.

It robs the victor of an intended victory. Simple as that.

Assfaggots, being almost exclusively F2P, are all full of BRs, Chileans and Peruvians who are about as bad as anyone you'll find in a fighting game. Arguably worse since you're expected to work with them instead of just beating on them.

If you are playing 1 on 1 there are some games that don't count a rage quit as a win for the other player therefore meaning that you are affecting the other players enjoyment and wasting their time.
If you are playing a team game NEVER ditch the rest of the team just cause it looks like you are going to lose there is always a chance that you can pull back a win. In some games they punish you for doing this by banning you from online play.
Basically it comes down to sportsmanship and realizing you are being beaten and thinking of ways to stop that happening again.
tl;dr take your L and stop being a little bitch about it

Easy. Find out what a slang skidmark is, looks at the color then lick it.

Instead of falling for obvious bait, shouldn't you be at work wageslave?

op you have trapped me in your chasm of tricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the same reason ragequitting is bad in meatspace sports: it's unsportsmanlike conduct, and a win secured through technicalities such as that is lame.

If it's getting genuinely mad and quitting because I'm mad, I don't think I've ever done that in my 28 years. If it's just saying "eh fuck it, I'm out", I've done that many times. If I'm not having fun with a game, I put it down. This is especially the case in multiplayer games. If I'm playing on team A with my friends, and we're losing because team B is completely clan-stacked top to bottom with the server owners on an external VOIP, and the moment I manage to turn things around I get manually swapped to team B by one of the admins, I'm out. Back when I'd play BC2, BF3 and BF4 that shit would happen every day, and god damn is it tiresome.

Continuing to struggle for no reason at all in an unwinnable game is no fun at all.

Found the zergling rusher.

No you don't, don't kid yourself. Maybe you fill the chat with shit about how your 'carry' isn't picking the right items and he should just fucking leave your game, maybe you're juggling someone from full to zero and think that he's somehow getting motivated. But you're definitely not helping anyone no matter what you tell yourself.

Far be it from me to expect my opponent to finish the fucking game instead of taking his ball and going home like a sore loser. If it's Killer Instinct and some faggot wants to go for a 100 hit ultra combo, that's one thing. It's another thing to stop after a single round because they need to play video games to stroke themselves.

Losing isn't supposed to be fun. It's supposed to motivate you to get better and try harder so you stop losing.

This right here

1: it deprives your opponent of a fair game
2: its good practice, if you play these losing games you will notice the difference between them and you and may be able to emulate it
3:your opponent might misplay
4: if you actually like the game even a losing match should be kinda fun.

You're ignoring the problem. It doesn't make you better, which is bad for the game.

I think you're talking about a very specific situation and expect us all to understand what you mean while you fail to convey it properly.

Anyway, I'll take this as "people who quit the game before they lose an online match on Street Fighter", so the losing match doesn't count against their rank.
If you mean these people then I don't fucking know how you can defend them without being mentally damaged, really. Nothing more to say.

if you quit a 1v1 game you're a sad scrub
getting bodied is part of the learning process and you need to channel the frustration while managing the tilt

if it's a team game all bets are off.
the hard counter design philosophy falls apart when your support is potatoes and sometimes there's no way to swing the momentum

not everyone's life resolves around videogames like yours

You're complaining about getting matched with people who are better than you instead of just dealing with it so it's obviously very important to you.

Above all it's unsportsmanlike. No different than some try hard using the best weapon in the game exclusively for the entire life of the game.

I just do it against real a-holes, then i write them a message saying "sorry brah"

Somehow that sets them off like i was fucking their sister. Which is entertaining.

Then why are you even here, faggot?

Ragequitting before a match/game/whatever is over is one of the scrubbiest things you can do, unless you have urgent business to attend to, in which case you shouldn't have started playing something that clearly calls for more time investment than you can afford.
Play it out and take the loss. Next time, try harder.
If you're not willing to put in that little effort, don't play competitive games. Stick to casual ones.

Although now that I think about it, most of the reason why good players always cry about bad players rage quitting on them, and they can make up any reasons they want, it all comes down to when their easy punching bag leaves. They get mad when they're deprived of their kill farming and other non team objective related goals. If the enemy team quits at just makes your win easier. They don't care about that, they just want to farm.

This just in, OP is still a massive fucking faggot.
In other news, water is wet.

Very rarely will you see a good player legitimately Rage Quit just because he's mad he's losing. In the overwhelming majority of cases it is noobs getting their shit pushed in and justifiably sick of it.

Holy shit! We are only two days into summer and we are already on the same level as reddit with threads like these not only being allowed ,but also not even getting sage bombed by the community for asking something so retarded that it could cause an aneurysm.

You reek of fucking reddit

Ragequitting shows you still have the mind of a child therefore you can't control your emotions properly. And this is coming from someone who is guilty of it himself.

Dubtrips of truth.

Ragequitting was one of those terms (or at least is descended from such) used by people who actually played videogames back in the day when you had to do things like prepare a match with someone beforehand or did things like scrims and ladders. It meant you were mad, bad, or rude enough to drop a match that either had social standing or planning and time involved, and your opponents would be reasonably upset and would scold or mock you; which quickly spiraled into a general connotation of it being childish and poor-mannered to do. Nobody wants to play with a faggot who drops from the game the moment you pick off some of their units or gain a resource advantage.

When the cancer that is forced matchmaking rolled in and smothered away community servers and match listing the term got picked up by children and baddies circling the various scenes as a concept in public matches. The big names that helped lay the groundwork for this degeneration were Counterstrike and Starcraft; the former moreso for popularizing lots of online gaming lingo, and both for the creation of 'eSports'.

Nowadays any meaning it has is lost because everyone online has the emotional fortitude of a hungry toddler and DotA-likes and 'Competitive Matchmaking' have ruined any sense of reputation or community that ever existed, turning the phrase into little more than an insult or excuse to shift blame of a loss off of yourself.

Losing 2-0 and quitting immediately is a sure way to never improve, at least in fighting games. You need to play as many sets as possible, if you lose to the same thing enough times, you'll begin to understand where you need to practice.
Losing means learning, you fucking casual.

Ragequitting is the reason I couldn't stand watching MKX EVO. Bunch of fucking babbies just hitting start and forfeiting the round once they started to get put into a bad situation.

Tell me more.

You can't be serious.

I'm serious, I think I saw it during MKX top 8. I don't know if it's an accepted thing in NRS games but one of the players just hit start and forced a fault on himself so they could go to the next round.

This right there is the key to getting good at fightans from my experience. It's not really so much about grinding muscle memory for 100% optimal combos or shit like that, the most important thing you have to do is to actually examine what you're doing wrong and trying to improve until you're no longer making that one mistake that always caused you to eat counter hits, get backed into a corner, etc.

because if they ragequit I don't get my points for beating them you stupid fuck.

In an age long past, if you wanted to play a videogame online you did one of two things: You played with some random chumps in a public lobby or server for the game, or you got together with other people and played at certain time. If it was a public space, there was no 'ragequitting', simply because people filtered in and out of their own accord and had no obligation; however when you were working with other people in chats, forums, and real life you found yourself entrusted with the responsibility to show up and play (remember that all multiplayer wasn't run through some faceless corporation's unsecured datamining box on a wireless connection; but could involve things like having to negotiate a time to dominate your internet and possibly even relocate in meatspace).

Obviously video game communities are a long lost relic of a distant age at this point; but back in the day you used to browse websites, forums, and chats to find fellow players in hubs oriented around gaming. Things like clans, gaming groups, and even just collections of gamers inside of other, larger communities would collaborate to make multiplayer possible and use it to its fullest potential; and alongside these communities sprang up competition, namely with Ladders ranking players and groups of players against one another depending on their performance.

With this e-civilization sprouting, however, there is also a sort of social contract you enter to be a part of it: You take on a name, an identity. A handle people knew you by, could judge you by, and could contact you by; and your actions were associated with what you did, barring you starting from scratch with another tag. The logical conclusion of this was people venerating skilled players for their noteriety, flocking under the wings of likable veteran players, and most relevant: Avoiding people who were cheaters, assholes, or didn't respect your time.

Every time you quit, you ran a greater and greater risk of someone not wanting to bother playing with you because you'd just drop out or AFK when you started losing like a little bitch; robbing them both of the fun and time of that game but also retroactively squandering their preparations.

Nowadays everyone is practically anonymous with how meaningless their identities are, and gaming communities are asinine 'fandoms' moderated by the game's publishers themselves and run by their hired HR goons, filled with entitled children and normalfags who trampled any culture gaming had into a shallow grave while forcing multiplayer to pander to their insecurities and emotional needs.

Is it still possible to find a LAN party somewhere out there?

Ragequitters are whiny infantile manchildren who never escape from their comfort zone. They desire change but aren't willing to look past their flaws and learn from it due to massive ego, and this is not exclusive to vidya.
TL;DR take your loss like a fucking man, grow some balls and stop acting like an elitist troglodyte

Perhaps, they're elusive though. Your best bet is simply having enough friends or joining/starting such an event at college or your local game shop.

Ragequitting is the equivalent of throwing a tantrum and flipping the table when you're about to lose a board game.

because being so emotionally invested in a vidya gayme is a sign of general poor mental health and low status.

Expanding upon this from a different perspective.

Rage quitting back in the good ol days of vidya was something that the one faggot at the party did when he was losing. And not just losing but getting curb stomped and mocked. Those who couldn't handle the bants rage quit. Then everyone laughed at him and continued on with the game until he wanted to rejoin and started bitching (again).

Rage quitting also had the added bonus of making a difficult game even more difficult for the team and was a surefire way to get yourself uninvited to future events and make sure no one wanted you on their team. In other words it had real consequences for everyone else and ruined their enjoyment as well.

Rage quitting in modern times is not nearly as bad or as stigmatized because…

1. you can be easily replaced by someone else
2. most games with good design will simply count your quit as a loss and a victory for the opponent in 1v1 games or in the case of multiplayer games give you a penalty where if you disconnect you can't rejoin until a certain amount of time has passed.
3. Online gaming has removed the tediousness and real life social aspects of multiplayer gaming.

But to directly answer your question OP

It depends on the game and if it is designed to take rage quitting into account. In instances where you rage quitting hinders others enjoyment you are causing more grief than simply sticking it out would have done. In properly designed games where quitting only affects you and in many cases gives your opponent an auto-win, there is no reason to get upset about someone rage quitting.

Me personally I can understand when someone rage quits. I mean I won't respect them or try to help them in future interactions but I can understand why they do it. Someone who makes an effort though and sticks it out to the end I can respect and will even go out of my way to give them tips or even help them out if we ever end up on the same team.

How do you even manage to breathe?

Sportsmanship. But if you don't recognize a kind of honor or respect to your opponent to finish a match. Then..

Community building.
Which may or may not be important depending on the game population. If the player population is high, i.e a heavily marketed game then there's little to worry about. If it's some niche game, indie/foss, then it needs a small dedicated community to keep the game alive, otherwise its casualized mod will take presidence over the actual game.

Lets post some famous rage quits to make this thread interesting.

Deciding on when a game is clearly at a loss is subjective. You ask some Moba faggots I know and they'll say within the first 3 minutes of a game. Does that give them inherit right to leave a game within the first 3 minutes if they dislike how things are going?

Likewise you play another game and it might have a huge turnaround mere moments before the end. At what point do you leave, just before you lose? You just cry and leave a game the moment things turn slightly bad?

All I've gotten from this thread is rage-quitters act like communists.

There's something to this, too. There's a certain courtesy to knowing when to drop a game. Almost a gentlemen's agreement.

The problem is the way MOBAs are designed.

One the scale tips against your favor, if you make even one mistake, it just continues to tip against your favor, meaning a couple kills early in the game actually can decide a game. It's a shit system and I don't understand why so many people play it.

Coming from a perspective of Competitive Pokemon and having numerous people RQ due to first turn shit RNG or being predicted first turn.
1. You're wasting my time and your time if you're going to RQ if things don't go your way. We took the time to find the match and now you're sending me back to square one because you're a sore loser
2. Depending on the game, you're screwing with my ranking because you're asshurt and can't take a loss. For you, it's just making shit worse since you're not getting an opponent on the right level as you since you're not balancing your Elo.
3. In team games you're screwing over the team. Every little damage you deal is that bit more damage you deal. Every damage you facetank is damage not going to more important members.

I understand if you're on the last few moments of a game where the game is, at that point, unwinnable to cut your losses and call good game and quit to save people time (In MOBAs and RPGs, for fighting games just let it end). however, if you're quitting before the game goes beyond the starting phase then in short:
You're a faggot.

Ragequitting wouldn't be a problem in fightans if every one of them had lobbies with a lot of player slots instead of being focused only on matchmaking.
Mortal Kombat 9 has 50-player lobbies and a King of The Hill mode, which is pretty much an arcade line. It does have ranked matchmaking but it is kind of pointless.

It's a good thing you don't play them because you're wrong.

I love it when people ragequit, but only if them leaving is satisfying, like on fightcade, USF4, etc

There are two things wrong with your post.

Filtered.

Found the scrub that assumes I play a certain way every match. Going fast is fun, going slow is fun, I'll go whatever pace the rest of the team is going unless someone asks me to be a caller.

I rarely, if ever, use the microphone or text chat in any game I've played. Decades of kids and idiots have pretty much ruined it for me. I prefer to stay silent, giving reliable support just to ensure I'll never get kicked from the game. I don't even go for kills most of the time I like watching other people to see how slow/fast their reactions are. If you get secured or are under heavy fire I'll help you but I'll allow you to defend yourself so you'll learn. I've used a microphone in-game maybe twice in the last year. I rarely even use it when playing with friends. All they're going to do is talk about dumb shit anyway and shout over the in-game sound. Plus there is always that one asshole playing music or just screaming into his microphone. At least they aren't as bad as pro-faggot that's going to call out the location of everything I heard 6 seconds ago. Best to just mute them all so I can hear what I need to hear.

The sad thing is I'm not even good. I'm coasting a long on experience, nearly deaf levels of hearing, bad eyesight, and the reflexes of a middle aged NEET. If I can make it to the top levels of FPS/Fighting games anyone should be able to do it. It isn't hard and it doesn't require quitting a day job. If you play every game until it ends you learn. After you learn for awhile you get good. Once you're good you start playing the game on a different level and find out you aren't that great so you learn some more. Finally, you ascend and become mostly untouchable and know things no one else knows. Usually by then the game is nearly dead so you move on to something more interesting.

I'm sorry you got stomped, I really am. But projecting your butt hurt on to me isn't going to make it any better. You know what will make it better? Get good and go stomp them. Those faggots are the same ones that'll run at the sight of a good team. You'll feel better than you've ever felt playing that particular game once you've managed to do this. Remember, you don't want to join their circlejerk, you want to destroy it. You want them forced into a life of hiding their online status or buying tons of smurf accounts. You want them quitting lobbies as soon as you or one of your friends join the game.

This all sounds awful now that I've typed it. I was unemployed for a time and spent way too much time on one particular game. I haven't played it on console in many years and rarely play it on PC. When I do it's almost always PvE and I spend my time helping newbies beat it for the first time or do the expert modes for the achievements. I'm still pretty well known in the PvP side of that game for coming up with a lot of strategies. If I join a game of PvP to play with a long time friend it feels like begin a celebrity. I usually play on a smurf to avoid the attention. I did get a chuckle the last time I played because some old players joined our lobby and remembered me. Even 5 years later they all quit as a team because they didn't want to even try. That's a sad life if you ask me. If you devote 8 years of your life to playing a game every night and don't even get good through attrition alone you must be really bad.

This was always fucking retarded.
I can understand admiring someone else's skill and wanting to learn from him, but beyond that all that happens with identities is cancer. Shitty memes and the like that from basically turning someone who just spends time playing a videogame into an e-celeb.

This whole thread is retarded.
Ragequitting isn't leaving the game when you are losing, is leaving the game when you are losing after throwing an autistic shitfit or salty ass remark THIS IS WHY ITS CALLED >>RAGE

Ragequit your life if you're such a failure that you can't be assed to git gud at any game and instead would rather act like a fucking babby that goes home with his ball in the middle of a game.

There should be a way to quit elegantly, an "I concede defeat" option.

wew lad

You mean, a forfeit?
Forfeits are fine, when I think of RQing I think of pulling the wire or stalling timers

Ragequitting is bad because you're a pussy for quitting.
I mean, it isn't bad for the game, I take great pleasure when I make someone ragequit, it is bad the same way being an idiot is bad, you suck and you should feel bad.

What I do hate is when the game tries to prevent you to ragequit.
Take Dota for example, where you get harshly punished for leaving games… I mean… fuck you?
More than half of the games are stomp, of course I want to fucking leave, those games can last HOURS, I don't want to play a lost cause for HOURS.

You would have been entirely correct if not for existence of heroes doing better in certain phases of the game and cooperation of different heroes.
Sure, in a 1v1 game where both heroes are late-game hard carries, requiring extensive farming to gear up in order to perform well, the scale will tip towards the one getting the first one or two kills.
However, if it's a late-game hard carry going against an early- or mid-game nuke caster, it's not necessarily correct anymore. The caster may be killed once or twice at first, but as long as he stops himself from repeating the mistakes, he can still rebound simply because the late-game hard carry cannot outdo the nuke damage the caster can do simply through higher skills levels without having a bunch of items.
Now when you introduce in a third element of teammates, there are ganking. With ganking, you can come up with a 2v1, even 3v1 situations, which make it much more simple to come back from 0/2 KD. Now, the late-game hard carry may find himself falling behind in terms of item, but that's what the jungles are for. Controlling the jungles both helps you avoid getting ganked and provide a mean to farm without having to to to the lanes and risk getting ganked.
So the entire game is a constant struggle of map controlling in order to gank, ganking in order to control map, gank to control lane, all the while farming to get items AND avoiding getting ganked.
Which is why from a design stand point, LOL is worse and more snowball-y than DotA2.
This is nullified by the fact that no matter if you're a hard carry or a nuker, your skills damage and attack damage scales with item. That means no matter what kind of hero you are, as long as you don't have item to scale your damage off from, you're fucked in the damage department, and you'll need help from the jungler. And god helps you if you fell too far behind your lane opponent AND the jungler falling behind in level too.
The jungle in LOL is too small and the spawn rate is too horrible for a lane-failed carry to effectively farm and compensate for lane creeps. Hell, the only purpose of LOL's jungle is to keep the jungler not fucked when it comes to level. If jungler doesn't gank successfully, he falls behind. That means one mistake just piles up another, and before you knew it, a single or two kills the enemy midlane got fed with was turned into 4 because he went and ganked bot lane.
All of that in League, but in DotA you can actually use the jungle as a viable farming platform. You can throw Legion Commander in there and farm enough for a Blink Dagger by the 15th minute and level 6 by 10th, which is way faster than putting him on the safe lane or soloing offlane. Hell, Slark at level 10 can just dump his lane and go farm jungle with nothing but a Power Treads. A Tidehunter can just dump his lane and farm nothing but ancient at level FIVE with nothing but an Arcane Boots.
But you wouldn't know all that. You're better at shitposting and simplifying MOBA into kill first = more gold = more item = winner. I would hazard a guess that you probably didn't even play DotA past 200 hours.

Top kek you're like a reverse Donald Trump. go back to Reddit

I don't even get it.

How do you even the world ?
I could never do it .

In order to be a reverse Trump he'd have to be intelligent, savvy, polite, good at managing the country, eloquent, kind, capable of forming complete sentences, and also black, young, and with a totally unamerican-sounding name.

>>>Holla Forums

I always liked IdrA. That clip makes me want to get back into Starcraft.

because it means you're a pussy faggot you pussy faggot

with 3 gauges of meter
Forward, Medium, Light, Forward, Stand button

(I assume) there often is.