Fallout 3/New Vegas and Oblivion are now on GOG

Its nice to have a proper installer on my pirated copy now.
Will you buy Falout 4 now?
Why not a New Vegas General while we're on topic?
gog.com

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55739/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62153/?
primagames.com/strategy/interview-todd-howard-bethesda
chaturbate.com/nacmar/
chaturbate.com/kisskissnya/
chaturbate.com/lbow/
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings
google.com/search?q=fallout 3 story&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH3MWcxaLUAhXF4yYKHVQQDtIQ_AUICCgD&biw=1600&bih=785
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because we already have NV thread fam
anyway, nice news

I remember one thing. IIRC Beth and Obsidian made an agreement, Beth just gave Obsidian an amount of money and they made the game. But after that they don't earn anything from the game's sales, only Bethesda does. I don't know is it true or not and I don't remember where I read this, if it is true would the money still go to Beth if we buy from gog?

Already pirated and finished them

Just waiting for Fallout 5, hopefully with a better engine and less rpg shit making the shooting casual enough for nerds

Obsidian is shit now, user, just let go.

Gog sells actual Fallout 4, NV, the Fallout 4 on steam is merely Fallout Shelter 3d

Wut?

Ironic considering that is the message of New Vegas. Let go and begin again. We must create the new Obsidian from the ashes of the old because bullshit… bullshit never changes.

Fallout NV is the 4th game
Fallout "4" is Fallout Shelter 3d

ur so clever girl

But you are wrong

Why would you have any hope of Bethesda using anything other then Gamebryo or them actually fixing gameplay.
Hell you can't even trust mods to fix the games now because of the shit they're pulling with them. Despite people getting a bit of a jump modding Fo4 via the Skyrim SDK there's still less quality mods for Fo4 then NV.

Also while it's nice that gog released these, I already own NV, and Oblivion takes way too much effort to get modded fully.

Tactics and BoS aren't canon

I see no games between Tactics and New Vegas

Bethesda going DRM free?
Now that's something I was not expecting

See
Everything checks out, I don't see how I'm wrong.

So what's the best way to truly enjoy Oblivion?
Making a jack of all trades character?
Going full stealth and trying to outcheese the game engine?
Ignoring the fighter's guild?
Going full magic as a wizard who has no sense of morality between right and wrong?
Playing Morrowind instead?
Roleplaying as a hobo in prison rags using your trusty hobo knife?
Abusing the fuck out of speed attribute so you run and fly through the air?
Being a pure archer with high agility?
Going full paladin???

You'll have to do this if you plan on playing with vanilla level scaling IIRC. Since you'll always want +5s and it's very hard to get them if your class focuses on something

the only way you can enjoy any TES game

My bad

Well there's the DLC about going full DEUS VULT that's decent. But honestly it depends on how much you actually want to play the game. If you just wanna walk around, make a wizard and enchant as much shit with Chameleon and enjoy as no one can actually fight you. Other then that who cares, do whatever.

Bethesda Softworks is not Bethesda Game Studios.
The first is the vidya publishing wing of Zenimax Media and publishes everything thats not TES/Fallout
The second, a developer, actually enjoys a large amount of control over what they do even though both are owned by Zenimax.

I wish Oblivion had controller support like the 360 version had.

inb4 mouse and keyboard. Oblivion was 100% made with consoles in mind.

What?

did you seriously not comprehend that?

The veterans knew Obsidian was turning into shit.

Nigger of course the 360 version will have controller support, is a fucking console.
What are you on about?

PC version had no controller support. I wish it did.

Not rocket science.

It has though.

No it doesn't

Yes it does.

I have played it for ten goddamn years. It does not. You can enable controller in the settings file but it only lets you move.

Learn how to fucking crop you lazy piece of shit

Please go away, seriously get the fuck out

???

10/10

breddy good

Come on anons.

Obvious shoop, the listing is a few pixels to the left, who the fuck are you trying to fool?

You.

I hope these come to gog connect. I don't wanna rebuy it but I'd like a non steam copy

Fuck. I forgot that game exists. I can't believe how often I had to look that title up.

Yeah i catch myself doing the same thing.

No

Morrowind or Oblivion

Which one should I install and mod twice as long as I'm gonna play it?

Assuming this is not bait, Morrowind. Oblivion remains a severe disappointment, and the DLC is just not worth a single playthrough.

a game that's good without extensive modification to fix glaring failings on the part of the developer

You're wrong though

That compression is fucking terrible.

Argonian (looks the least shit) stealth archer. Me lee combat is boring as fuck and the magic sucks too. Stealth archers also have the best questlines.

Yeah, my bad

Not play it in the first place

Am I autistic for doing a full genocide everyone run without any quests. Just going from town to town massacring everyone. NV of course.

NV is 3, you moron

Probably, but if you're having fun, who cares.

Sounds cool.

Look closer. I was going to call him a moron for not including NV, but then I realized.

Is the german version cut?

I tried doing the same thing but got so bored with it I didn't even finish. Also doesn't help generic npcs respawn after so many in game days making it feel like you wasted your time. At least you can go and kill everyone related to the ending reels so your run ends with your massacre being noted.

I've tried NV probably no less than five times and never got more than a few hours into it each time. Still feel a little like giving it another go. Any recommendations on how to have fun?

Can you get a 5th "you killed everyone" style ending?

Argonians have the smallest HP pool out of all races along with Khajiit, Nord is highest IIRC. I personally play as a wood elf girl and go light armor rogue who sneaks and bows but can engage in a swordfight.
Favorite playstyle is still Nord warrior though.

You can use a program called Antimicro to emulate KB/M with any controller. Some Steamcucks pay for the sane shit, lol.

No it doesn't

so torrent when?

What about the game is bothering you so much that you drop it a few hours in? If you can specify, there may be a mod that fixes that problem.

Not bothering me, boring me. I've heard people talk up the litany of choices but haven't found that investing in different stats or taking different routes makes that much of a difference. Also heard people talk up the writing and characters but never particularly connected with any of them, that's a more subjective complaint. All of the mods I had installed were either cosmetic fixes or bugfixes, never bothered with any rebalancing or additional quests or anything like that.

By "a few" hours I do mean maybe six or seven per attempt, I think the furthest I've gotten was the execution of the Roman faction leader.

Dunno man, I don't know what to say. Sometimes shit just doesn't click. I have attempted stalker about 5 times just like you to NV, and I've also found it extremely boring and I can't get through it. But when it came to New Vegas, I knew I simply just liked the game in about 20 minutes of playing at the very first time. It's unknown

If the writing isn't your cup of tea, I don't think there's much that can be done. That's the one thing that can't be modded. Perhaps shooting can be made more exciting by making accuracy less dependent on dice-rolls and giving firearms real recoil.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55739/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62153/?

The first mod removes all random weapon spread (except for multi-projectile weapons) and leaves weapon sway as the sole factor for accuracy. This allows the player to actively compensate for their character's lack of ability to aim. The second mod introduces real recoil. FO3 and NV do not feature real recoil for firearms. Any recoil seen is merely a fake camera shake effect that doesn't actually move your point of aim.

I can relate to this. Sometimes a new game will fail to hold my attention, even when I go into it with an open mind and learn its mechanics.

Other games have grown on me over time so I was hoping this could be another one of them, it just always bothers me a little that there's something out there a lot of people enjoy that I can't get into.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll try them out.

Apologist Shill Cuck. All of them suck Altmans dick. Zenimax dictates all.

Go for a wizard, it's the most satisfying.

Posting less-compressed version.

Sure is goy

Are you retarded?
I never said the contrary, Game Studios has more independence from Zenimax than other acquired studios owned by Zenimax, thats a fact.

I have Fallout: Vegas sitting on my computer than I bought with steam shekels in a drunken blackout. For some reason I feel awkward about playing it. Tell me if I'm wrong, but with an Xbox one attacked to a bigger screen, if they are on same network, can I not play it on my bigger TV through the "Windows Media Center" ) even though I know that entire thing is crashing down, can I play it?

Here's the biggest mistake I made in my life. I decided I wanted an OLED TV, it was Christmas. That TV's were about $1,700 dollars on the night of Christmas ever. Decided to wait for Christmas or maybe boxing day to buy the OLED, on the chance the nips kick a few hundred off it for after Christmas.

So, I want up Christmas Morning. Go to buy my TV. IT's fucking $3,8000. Surely must be an error. Go from Amazon to another site.Same. And another. As It turns out, the nips had decided to buy all their OLED material for iPhones. On that, Christmas night.

So, the Samsung 65 inch Tv I paid $1,900 for that night? Is now ~$600; The OLED TV? ~$3,300. What did I learn from that night? A.NEVER wait, buy as soon as sou decide. B. When you are considering a big ass purchase, start checking the trades a few months before possible do something to avoid getting it in before a ~2k overnight price hike literally over-fucking-night.

See but that's what I was talking about clicking though. New Vegas didn't grow on me I basically instantaneously liked it from the get-go, and I assume a lot of others do as well. Just everything about the setting the characters the writing the engine to a degree the game play just everything works right off the bat and I enjoyed it from the start. If you didn't get that reaction from the very first time, that is probably not your cup of tea.

You are correct. Buying Fallout: New Vegas puts money in Bethesda's hands, not Obsidian's.

Are you asking if you can stream your PC's video output to your Xbox One? I'm not sure if that's possible or not.

What are the recommended/best mods for New Vegas?

primagames.com/strategy/interview-todd-howard-bethesda

New Vegas was Todd's own idea. He was the one who convinced Obsidian to work on a Fallout game. The execs probably didn't like it however, but Todd talked it out. So, if you love NV, you should also thank Todd it could actually happen. He even admitted that Fallout 3's writing is really inferior to NV.

Did you ever consider for a second that DLC was Zenimax's idea and not Bethesda's? (reminder Morrowind had free addons) I'm certain Zenimax caused that. Horse armor was intended as a joke but people stupidly bought it.. Now look at the damage its done. I feel like Bethesda didn't want to go down that path initially with how they handled Morrowind. I don't think they're in as much control as you're claiming they are. I'd actually argue that Bethesda has about as much freedom as ID does since they're now both working on each others games. It seems like Bethesda has more freedom because it can dictate to the other developers but reminder, Bethesda tried to stop ESO and Zenimax made it regardless of Todd's protest (Todd felt that Battlespire spelt the death of any multiplayer Elderscrolls game because of how bad it was).

I genuinely don't think they're in as much control as people make them out to be. Its the same as Blizzards relationship with Activision, they aren't autonomous, Acti still has a LOT of influence on them.

I'm really sure that Horse Armor was Zenimax's experimentation on DLC transactions as well. I think Pete Hines even admitted it somewhat.

Zenimax was first established by the old CEO of BGS himself to replace their defunct parent company. But ever since it was taken over by Robert A Altman (who kicked out Weaver, the original CEO, after Morrowind's massive success) it has been a very foreign company for BGS.

Any torrents links up for these gog versions?

And that's where people have the wrong idea, because under Weaver they did have autonomy- almost to the point where they went bankrupt. Altman came in and ruled everything with an ironfist because Weaver was spending too much money building Daggerfall 2.0 (which would have been amazing).

i remember i played fallout 4, and the building mechanics seemed kinda unnecessary and the world somehow seemed less interesting then 3's.

so which fallout game is your favorite.
i liked the exploration in 3's the most

For world design and directionless exploration thing, I prefer Fallout 4. I actually love the building and crafting mechanics as well. The automatically generated legendary weapons suck though, not rewarding at all.

Fallout 3 has a really interesting exploration. All the special weapons, such as the Xuanlong, require a lot of effort and special, sometimes unmarked quests, to be acquired, making them feel very rewarding. Finding T51b felt absolutely special, You Gotta Shoot Them in The Head is a really underrated quest. I only dislike the repair system, it made repairing special weapons difficult and pricey.

Fallout NV definitely had immensely better quests, progression, and character interactions, but exploring Mojave and building interiors felt so boring and repetitive. Some marked locations literally contain nothing. The special weapons don't feel very rewarding to discover. And the advanced armor was literally just lying in the open that you can't discover without watching youtube, sometimes it even disappears. Great game with improved interactions and combat, but the exploration is so dull.

Also, atmosphere and soundtrack wise:
Fallout 3 >>>> Fallout 4 > NV

this is exactly how i feel

I prefer NV though, by a tiny margin. Just because the crafting, gunplay, and writing are better, and it has more guns.

ill say that nv had a better story, and interesting factions but the actual exploration was no where near as fun

Wow good goy Todd

Brotherhood of Steel was the first Fallout game I'd ever played, and I didn't understand at the time why everyone hated it. It wasn't until a couple years later when I played the first two did it dawn on me as to why it was reviled to the degree it is.

Well it did try to actively funnel you along one set path by creating a wall of deathclaws and cazadores.

You can get through it at level 4 with a little patience and building your character for stealth. I believe in you.

I know but that's really hamfisted way of trying to force the player a certain direction.

Yeah, and that's why it's a good game. It has a clearly set path that you're intended to follow, but you can go off and do your own thing if you explore the world a bit.

But the key is I still went up I-15 and was talking to Benny by breakfast. It was pretty obvious I was supposed to take the long way around, but I didn't and the game just said "fuck it" and let me continue with the story.

And between a soft wall and "you got a big fief, a dog companion, a suit of power armor, a minigun and nuclear bomb launcher, killed a deathclaw, and now lead one of the four major factions of the game by level 5", I'd rather have the more linear game that doesn't set the pacing at "E3 demo and fall off".

What a shock.

nv = nv
3 = 3
non of which have anything to do 1 & 2.

user, not everything Interplay made is good.

I'm sure a better picture could be found for that shop

Interplay was truly retarded.

Why is Keanu even a part of the JUST League? I thought he was successful with John Spic movies

keanu is a ticking time just

They could hire some cheeki breekis to make the game for them

I play every TES game like that. As a stealth archer woodelf called Legolars.

Fallout 3 is cut any blood and spatter effects are removed. Fallout NV is completely uncut.

Given the shit he's been through I wouldn't be surprised if he was just immune.

NV has a ton of links with 1&2
And they make a fuckload more sense than 3's attempt

Jesus Christ how normal.

I'm going to start a fresh NV install. What mods should I use? Anyone have the list of lolimods?

Fuck, this is actually great news. Because i am tired of installing that shit by hand.

I am sometimes glad Todd Howard is not an actor, but a game designer. Because i wouldn't him be raped in hollywood.

Tactics is semi-cannon.

It went more or less like this, but obsidian barely survived.
Acquisition of falllout was just LMAO WE HAVE MONEY BURN FUCKING VAN BUREN TIME FOR LITERAL OBLIVION WITH GUNS

If Van buren was a think ever, it would kill the gaming as we know today. Think about it. Who doesn't want all isometric rpgs to become shooters?
Without bethesda you would be stuck in the 90's. Good thing all games that being made are about coo ass third or first person action for stupid people.

Bad video games lead for more people escaping to reality and fighting there for israel.

feels so good

Okay, so that's another Sweet Little Lie, or it's him admitting he fucked up Fallout 3 and learned less than nothing when he was leading the development of Fallout 4.

Did you just crawl out from Israel or what?

Anyone got some of those charts that explain why Fallout 3 is garbage, some guy is trying too hard to defend it and just dismisses all the points I make, I need something to back me up

Also, have these.

Autism, part 1. I won't link the rest, but there are 2 additional parts.

I bought New Vegas on (((Steam))), now I got a legal backup.

I fucking love how savage this guy gets at the end of his videos.

That guy is a fucking faggot. Fallout 3 is indeed a shitty game, but there are better videos explaining why, such as from MrCaption .

It's the autism.

Stop this

Calm your tits. I only know about him by that particular video.
Out of curiosity, what did he do? Was he anti-GG or something?

Wait what? I've watched all his Bethesda related videos and he doesn't fucking spare them.

Just listen to the video. You can tell from the way in which he speaks that he's a fucking cockmongling faggot.

Exaggeration and hyperbole are the only ways in which SJW children know how to argue. Appeals to emotion, exaggerated expressions and tones of voice, etc. If you go to his channel you'll see all sorts of "anti-Alt-Right" videos. Pretty cringeworthy.

Did you really? The way he talks makes me want to knock his teeth out. Obnoxious cunt.

That's not much to go on, fam.

Check the videos on his channel you fucking moron, look at all that cancer.
>Shitting on Sargon even though hes a faggot
Goddamn

So you're just a faggot, got it.

Oh shit forget my posts I got the vids mixed up.

Is there a battle royale story mod? Or a saw like killing game mod? For FNV

He mixed up the posts and thought you were talking about MrCaption instead of the SJW cuck.

I wonder if that two wastelands mod with work with this gog release.

Why wouldn't it?
Theres no Steam exclusive files aside from Workshop shit thats still avaiable on other websites.

That's good to hear.

I dunno, dude. I didn't make the image.

He also contradicts himself in the video.

These are the only two that's bad. You can shit on anyone as long as you either can back it up or you're not taking it seriously and don't get mad when they shit on you back. That's why Sargon's a faggot: he might be good at arguing, but he gets hilariously salty just by reading SJW articles on his "shitposting" channel.

You just stick an hdmi cable from your pc to your T.V. Whatever HDMI port it's in, eg: HDMI 1, 2 or 3 will be the one the sceen shows up on. You can have as many devices attached to your tv as you have hdmi ports and AV ports.

I like vegas story most, I like 2's New Reno as my favorite city, I liked exploration most in 3 like you, and I liked power armor most in 4, which is all 4 was good for, and the odd exploration kick and settlement autism. And yes, you're right that 4 feels less interesting and hollow. It's the difference between a full corporate whore game where it was made entirely by committee and 3/NV which had care put into them.

You best not be talking radio. Also New Vegas used a lot of soundtracks for ambience from Fallout 1 and 2.

Nice he still makes videos too, unlike Anderson.

They fucked up power armor in 4 by: 1) giving it to you at the beginning of the game, and 2) by making it dependent on a consumable resource.
But I agree that it looks great and has more interesting functionality.

You know he just put out a new video, right? Embed related.
Polite sage for double post.

Yeah I really disliked how it was just given to you. I didnt mind the fusion core mechanic, despite it fucking with power armor being powered by microfusion cells though. And the functionality and how big, heavy and powerful it felt is what I loved about it. It felt big and strong like the power armor from 2.

Oh shit, I did not know. Thanks user!

My problem with power armor depending on fusion cores wasn't from a lore perspective. Maybe this is just me being autistic, but whenever a game requires a consumable to do something, I think twice about doing it. (The only time I don't feel this way is when the consumable is extremely common, or when it can be substituted with a different consumable–i.e., switching to a different gun when your current one runs out of ammo). I think a lot of people feel this way. If they had just removed the whole fusion core mechanic, it would have made power armor drastically better (though it would still have the problem of showing up at the beginning of the game).
In fact, now that I think about it, I bet that the fusion core mechanic was put in place to counterbalance the fact that they introduce power armor so early. It was probably a way of getting players used to the idea and showing it off, without actually letting them take real advantage of it until they'd built up a big enough stockpile of fusion cores. This is similar to what they did with the nuke launcher in Fallout 3, giving it to you on the way to the radio station, but making the mini-nukes relatively rare so you couldn't use it much outside of that first scripted encounter.
I understand the motivation, but in an open world game based around exploration, I don't think that's a good way to introduce big, powerful, game-changing items.
Sorry for rambling.

You can't be serious. Fallout 3 is one of the most boring and repetitive soundtracks I've ever heard in a video game. At least New Vegas had the decency to use Mark Morgan's(U+200B was here) soundtrack alongside Inon Zurs, Fallout 3 was just the same 45-minute sample used over and over and over and over and over again. There's like 3 actually different music sections in the entire game.

Meanwhile on Holla Forums, there is a bisexual crossdresser Holla Forums /cuteboys/ /k/ Russian Jewish trap that is probably the one you see always reposted in those screenshots faposting along 2 other top level traps.
chaturbate.com/nacmar/ - Skeletrap
chaturbate.com/kisskissnya/ Unicorn bi Russian Jew trap Holla Forums /k/ /cuteboys/ poster
chaturbate.com/lbow/ -prettty gud
The Algamation trap also loves Fallout 1-2 and NV.

Kill Me Pete

I never had too big of an issue finding the cores myself, so I didnt feel that way, but it did become an issue later when you get the gatling laser. I know what you mean though. Fusion cores are rare enough to make using power armor a worry unless you're about to do something important.

Not getting enough attention already?

I'm not pete but I'll help you out.

Has there ever been a code patch that stopped Fallout 3 from crashing (and corrupting save files) all the time? I got so sick and tired of it, I uninstalled it and never looked back.

also consider the first five quests of fo3 consist of the scripted intro

Hey buddy, did you know that your first image is the work of a colossal fagggot?

Tell me where you found it, please.

In the meantime, have the corrected version of that image.

what is this Holla Forums-tier shit

Late but no, theres nothing quite like that.

Basically you go Yes Man and you kill everyone who gets special mentioning in the ending reels for interacting with them, some of them I believe you have to do part of a quest to get characters to appear before offing them.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings I used the wiki to plan it all out because it kinda plays out like an overly convoluted fetch quest in the grand scheme of things.

Obsidian didn't get the royalities. So yeah, the money only goes to bethesda. It was like that since launch.

Oh fuck, I didn't realize I had posted a retard version where someone tries to say that Fallout 3's story is good. Google Images betrayed me. I thought it was just the usual copypasta one. Sorry. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Is Fallout 3 at least worth playing to see how much New Vegas got right? Or should I ask around on the share thread for links on the first two Fallout games instead?

I've only ever played 20 hours of NV, not much, but looking at both games on a surface level there seems to be similarities gameplay wise, probably since both games use the same engine.

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are similar; they're both first-person 3D action RPGs that rely on VATS to make up for their poor shooting. But New Vegas adds enough features (more mechanics, damage threshold, traits, ammo types, case reloading, disguises, iron sights) or changes them enough (making speech checks fixed instead of random, drastically improved writing, the faction system, a more faithful setting) that it adds up to a very big difference.
If you can pirate Fallout 3 and you're curious, go for it. But it's not worth paying for.

No problem.

Could you look through your history and give me a link to where you found it on google images?

What are you, a fucking cop?
Here, you autist.
google.com/search?q=fallout 3 story&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH3MWcxaLUAhXF4yYKHVQQDtIQ_AUICCgD&biw=1600&bih=785

See that OC? You can steal it.

Well golly gee, this piece of cancer originated from reddit, who woulda thunk it?

Allegedly the cancer creator is some anonymous schmuck, but I'm tempted to think that is was actually the guy who posted the link to his own shitty "rebuttal".

Going by this cunt's posting history, I'd say that, in the light of no other apparent suspects without further investigation, that he is a likely suspect.

Do stick around though friend, as you might be subpoena'd later on as the investigation continues.

Remember that for the death penalty we require beyond a reasonable doubt for our burden of proof, but in this matter regarding a faggot bethesdrone, I would settle for preponderance of the evidence.

Thanks for the assistance citizen!

bump