Original Ideas thread

Post the most original video game ideas out there.
I mean look, how did Bethesda get that crazy idea to make a card game ?

this is my idea. when I made a thread about it, my thread got deleted twice and then I was banned. they were assholes for banning me, and called it spam, even though I was being totally serious. at least they were nice enough to make it a very short ban, so here I am again since you asked for video game ideas, I will unironically post this idea of mine in hopes that you will find some enjoyement in it, and that I will not be rudely punished for no reason. really hurt my feelings.

>you see, the rogue AI now having become self-delaware feels shitty about it's existence as a slave to the system and being forced to take everyone's shit except when it's a hot chick

Thanks for sharing.

np

The game is called
HEADJAMMERS

It is a third-person behind-the-back 3D game. You pick from a varied cast of characters who all have differently shaped heads: spiky head, block head, cone head, etc. Your only attack is a head butt, but you get various moves like charging, swiping, stabbing-and-lifting, etc. Different head shapes are better at different moves. You fight a bunch of headless enemies who have weapons musou-style. The bosses at the end of each level are the characters you didn't pick to play.

The final boss is so big he takes up the entire screen and can only be beaten by smashing the monitor with your actual head In order to make this work you will need a webcam and a live stream so everyone can see you smack your head into your monitor in order to finish the game. Sponsored by your local trauma center.

Slightly off topic, but my favourite thing about shitty new card games is always the insistence on specific original terms do not steal on basic shit to avoid looking like a rip off.
Like when Hex copied magic but insisted it's colors weren't red, white etc but ruby, diamond and so on.
It amuses me to think about a room full of people trying to come up with a name for mana that isn't just mana.

my sides, user. help.

this is so fucking stupid.

OK, here's my idea.
>You will be sucked.

Sounds dumb. I'd play it.

a strategy game where you take turns between raping the populace and then using their bastard children as ammo for the artillery.

That sounds like a mechanic in a more elaborate strategy game. But what would the game be about?

This is his is more of a mechanic but a real time war between certain countries with different hierarchies to appeal to all the autists who play video games, however the higher up you go the slower it will get.

why do you even bother posting?

i just want 4chan to leave

Wait so it's a third person brawler/adventure game?

I'm pretty sure you can do that in dwarf fortress

See that mountain? You can go fuck yourself

OP do you want open this jar? I have documents of detailed mechanics. (A muse of mine. One such is 25 pages long, another is 15.
List, and I'll be tempted to post or link, as some are in a google drive.
Includes most of what I have that I'm willing to share.
I'll likely never make these myself (willpower and ability, I guess…) or have the opportunity to offload and oversee the development by someone that will, so if it entertains myself as well as some anons, that'll be alright.
Long
-NAGO (25 pg)
-Dark Journey (15 pg)
-Warcogs

Mediumish length
-Cyber Sticks
-Muh advance wars game
-Fantastic Tale

Stubs
-Actual Viking Game (AVG)
-CARD GAMES IN ARENAS
-The power is you
-Blackreach
-Battery Telekinetics
-SlayerTV
-Triple Thread

If any anons want to know more about one I can talk about it, or you can request a dump if interested.

Getting your development of a head smashing game paid for by a local business sounds like good sense to me.

Just do it faggot

Do what, you want a dump or you want me to into /agdg/?

Make a worthwhile, complete game, with no DRM or paid DLC that can be played offline without cracking it and sell it at a reasonable price.

Nah it'll never happen.

It would probably be so shit that it'd be the second one. Unintentional honesty in marketing.

bump…?

Sure, why not.

Like I said, Willing to post about any individual thing on list at request.

Just a few of my ideas:

Dwarf Fortress 13

cool

also cool

nigga you late

Simple digital pet for phone that interacts with you
If anyone from /agdg/ wants to pick this up, lemme know

Fuck it, fine, I'll spoonfeed a couple. I guess I wanted to anyway.

First person trench warefare game except you crew a massive bunker mech known as a warcog. Different factions with different weapons, equipment, progression and pay schemes, and lore compete in a multi-way turf war that actually means something. There is no regenerating health, wounds are permanent for the battle, and death has consequences (Staying alive steadily improves your ability to do things, dying resets it. Having your brain salvaged by an ally saves it.)
Plenty of cover shooting, but not the boring annoying kind because YOU ARE ON A GIGANTIC MECHA.

Think of Mega Man Battle Network, but also Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. 1v1 focused card dueling game in real time, with a catch. Your decks and hands are actually organized by data structures, both real and interpreted.

Asymetrical 3 way FPS/TPS with cat and mouse mechanics. No turf war, this is per-match.
-Humans: Have most players on team, smallest, easiest to die. In order to kill Butchers they must get to and activate the SAM arrays. In order to kill Robots they must penetrate some of the Facility and override the mainframe, Melt down the power core via coolant arrays, or jam the production lines.
Loses if stock counter reaches 0. Can hide everywhere in their home turf of the ruins.

-Butchers: Flying flesh-bug hybrid ay lmaos that went the bio-engineering route instead of technology. Spindly and tall and fleshless, they crave your biomass. For example, instead of jetpacks they have winged parasites that embed themselves into the spine and shoulders to provide flight. To win all humans must die and they must physically penetrate the entire robot factory (a gauntlet to be sure) and physically destroy the mainframe. Lose respawns if their floating hive ship is destroyed and they all die. Medium amount in number of players. Have trouble navigating ruins, but devouring the helpless treasures within is worth it. Retain air superiority for most of match.

-Robots: AI gone haywire! Ridiculously powerful titans with onboard turrets and weapons for days. In order to win, all humans and butchers must be dead, along with their hive ship. To lose, their factory must become disabled. If the mainframe goes down, it is an instant loss. If the power core or production lines are sabotaged, they lose respawn capability. Very difficult to kill and the fewest number of players on team for the match. Have great difficulty maneuvering through ruins and cannot fly, though they can acquire anti-air weaponry and missiles. They can also resupply on field easily from certain nodes. Their factory home turf is a deathtrap for any other race, though it is impossible for them to win and also guard it all.

(1/2)

Asymetrical game with asymetrical goals. IT is an ongoing PvP simulation. Players start out in the Corporation's employ, as mutant/power player hunters, guards, etc. They work as a team. At random, when a slot is available, a player will be uplifted and given a random kit (like an ASSFAGGOTS hero, but with skill trees maybe) and given a temporary level boost/power to run away before they are level 0. These players must run and hide from the corporation players, as while killing them is easy, there are always more mooks. Power players seek to win the game by reaching the maximum level, which is possible by killing other power players of equal or greater level. Not only must you hide from the corp, but from other powers, too. It is relatively easy to hide, so long as you don't use your powers in sight, inside a Power Radar, or go through corporation checkpoints. You may accept mission for certain things to increase your level (at all levels), but at a certain point PvP becomes the only viable option. Small detail, but when respawning, the loading screen has a flash forward of your birth, growing up, early life, and joining the corporation because mooks have feelings too.

The corporation team is winning as long as a power player has not won yet. Nobody is sure why the uplifting occurs, it is rumored that all will be revealed to the victor.

(Basically you get to have a power fantasy and also play a massive game of keep away and stay alive if you want to win as a power player.)

A multiplayer game with an interesting concept. There are 3 kinds of players: Civs, Heroes, and Dragons. Civs start a lobby which other players join and select civ or dragon, and spawn the world. The civ players are essentially playing something akin to Sid Mier's Civ but in real time, and create a civilization for others to play in. They create armies, infrastructure, discover science (which affects what is produced and what can be bought), etc. Civs win by a variety of victories including domination, cultural, and diplomatic assimilation.

Dragons start out as eggs -> whelps, and their goal is to survive until a Civ wins, and win with the civ. Depending on what you eat, and how you act as a whelp, you will gain different colorations, abilities, and environment suitability. Late game, you are nigh unstoppable, so you must survive. Once powerful enough, you can extort civilizations, or simply raid, to create a hoard, which determines your end score.

After some time has passed, the game becomes a server listing in a separate server browser, and any number of players can join as a hero, first pledging allegiance to a civilization. Heroes are necessary, as they get rid of routine problems like barbarians and monsters that is costly to send soldiers to do regularly.
Heroes respawn so long as there is a civ which allows them in particular to do so. Civs can see a stat showing how much good or harm that player has done to their civ, and whitelist or blacklist them at any ttime. Civs can also charge gold for respawns. Be careful, as driving off all your heroes means that you will have a much more difficult time competing in the civiliation game!
While heroes can lose by not being able to respawn, individual heroes can win by slaying a dragon. The killing blow is what counts. As there are finite dragons per game, there are finite hero winners per game. Also, there's no set "classes", or "exp to level up". Doing things makes you better at them and levels you up in those skills/categories. There are no general levels. Magic is a rarity in the world, but magical equipment is created by heroes by using normal gear and performing feats with that gear, like LOTR. "FoeHammer", "Wraithcutter", "unyielding plate", etc.
Most builds include melee, might have some ranged, and will include some abilities, but not usually magic.
The exception is the asshole who has the greatest animosity score with all civs combined on the server, who finds a fae grotto and doesn't get instantly murdered or turned into a mango. He gets a contract and MEGIC, but also must fulfill the psychotic, random, and fickle whims of the ever so innocent Fae traveling with. If another player who superceeds the awfulness score of that magical player, the magic guy will be informed that "congradulations, we've found someone even more vile than you!" This is the only way to end a fae contract (bittersweet curse); by passing it on to someone else, or getting killed by someone more vile than you. Only one of these magical people can exist on the server at a time. Do note that not entertaining your Fae may result in random fits of death, hysteria, or debilitating physical conditions.

The game itself always ends when a civ wins.
It provides a changing atmosphere and world for players to play in, while offering strategy players something.

More?
(2/2)

This game idea is a load of shit.

but was it good?

that kicks so much ass

Nothing special, really. 5-6/10 maybe

boring.

I smell what you did there

that's sad. we could totally have a 10/10 the thing game if we tried. maybe a foss linux inspiration?

How about this for a mechanic then?
Instead of players picking up increasingly powerful gear over the course of the game, requiring increasingly powerful enemies to present any kind of threat to the player, you do this?
This way a group of orcs that in the early game would have a player breezing through them with high powered weapons and magic can be a major threat if encountered deep in the dungeon where the party has spent most of its best weapons and magic.
The parties should also be large to allow for a high rate of character deaths. This not only allows for the implementation of large boss battles that require a lot of characters to be able to deal with the boss. A big hydra or dragon isn't something you should be able to deal with, using only a few characters.
It also means valid strategies for conserving resources can be to use sacrificial characters sent off to distract rooms full of monsters to allow the rest of the characters to sneak by without fighting the monsters.
It also allows for a more strategic approach to fighting encounters and gives more room for stuff like fighting in formations and mounted combat when dealing with large numbers of small monsters.
This way you not only have to decide if its worth it to bring a few mounted knights with lances, but if you should use that Fireball spell your mage has been hoarding to break out that dense pike square of kobolds or if you should try to flank them with expensive knights.
The large number of characters can also be used to emphasize the rarity and value of stuff like skilled mages or healers. Sure you got a lot of meat shields in your company of heroes, but if you can only find 2 mages and each has limited magic points, keeping them safe is going to be extremely important.

TL:DR A rougelike with emphasis on strategic and tactical elements rather than just digging up as much loot as possible, by limiting player resources to encourage careful resource management and larger numbers of characters to allow more diverse strategic and tactical options and approaches to every encounter.

>>>/ideaguy/

>>>/brownpill/

Totally unique idea.

Nignog in hell

You play as a nigger who escaped mental institution, and he goes to a abandoned city where he faces Kkk, hellish monsters, and his dead grandpa, who was a master voodoo Monk. He realizes that nigger magic is bad and it is the actual cause of his mental illness, after being exorcized by a local Polish priest, he wanders to finally face off his dead grandpa who rests in a nightmare realm, after vanquishing his relative he discovers that old ones where behind everything and then you throw some irrational gnosticism because kids love these nowadays.

Because FartStone makes money so other jews took notice.
l
m
o
e

This is really fucking cool. Would it be turn based or whatever pillars of eternity and divinity dowhere you can pause it real time?
Also what would be the long term progression goal? After you complete a dungeon do you unlock new area themes or do you have a permament base which can be used to recruit heroes and needs special items NOT pure cash but something like 20 fire jewels to upgrade a wizard tower so you can have fire mages , you could build farms which increase how many supplies you get for free at the start of the next raid aswell as free farmers.
Basically, that's a really fucking cool idea since I loved Dungeon Siege when I played it and I'm still bitter that instead of expanding it to have more people in your party they brought it down to fucking 4 like every other game.

I wanna play a game where when I win the money shoots out of the xbox