What was your favorite snes game?

what was your favorite snes game?

Other urls found in this thread:

dualshockers.com/nintendo-switch-exclusive-seiken-densetsu-collection-gets-new-video-showing-new-features/
archive.fo/45Ab1
youtube.com/watch?v=-a6TQygg0wY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't even bring it up anymore because you know what.

Your mom and let's just say I'm still playing it.

That's so damned stupid its own thing for sure.

Mine is probably this, it's got one of the highest skill ceilings of any of the 2d mario games because of the addition of certain moves. If you pour your time in there's a lot of high end tricks that mostly just require exceptional timing. You could waste a lot of time playing this and its romhacks.

I have several that I'm very fond of but my favorite is Illusion of Gaia.

It's a toss up between these two.

Umihara Kawase is my all time favorite with NBA Jam TE and Tetris Attack as runner ups

Earthbound
But I actually played it when it came out, I'm not one of the hipsters that only picked it up as a "favorite" because it was rare for people to have played it
>tfw have to relive my own personal hell all over again about a year ago

fUCK ofooFF TUmblr TALLE

If I could choose one to play again right now, probably Darius Twin or Illusion of Gaia

Definitely Secret of Evermore. It was basically my entire childhood.

Breath of Fire II is a close second though.

But as a close second
Super Buster Bros.
Good fucking game.

EARTHBOuND IS SHIT

IF EARTHBOUND WAS YOUR FAVORITE SNES GAME GO NECK YOURSELF

The quintet games were my favs. Used to love Mario RPG back in the days too. Probably the best game square was involved with. Always preferred Enix over them but both died as soon as they merged.

Mein Neger, I used to beat anyone on that shit more than 15 years ago. Got too many free drinks because the group I played with dared to bet against me, even though they did get beat every time. Eventually, one of them did mange to become good competition since he played everyday like an autist for a month, after borrowing my cartridge.

I disagree.

Not enough Turrican Love

Also

mainly because its the most recent SNES game I played.

E.V.O. is fucking great if you like grinding like a motherfucker.

Terranigma is one of the best Zelda clones I've played. I'm surprised it wasn't one of the first answers.

>Tetris Attack
>not Panel de Pon

Wasn't released in North America, that's mostly why you didn't see it early. I did love that game though, just like any Quintet games, as I said earlier. My favorite still remians ActRaiser, simply because it managed to combine a god game with good platforming/RPG sections. Terranigma simply lacked the god-game aspect, so did Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia. Terranigma was the best of those 3 though.

This shit right here.

It depresses me that Seiken Densetsu 3 never saw release outside of Japan. That game would've been THE sleepover game for me and my friends.

I do hope you mean the latter with the fan-retranslation patch. No sense playing it now with the official English script.

As says, it wasn't brought to North America. Really, I'd have thought the VA (and PSN, for that matter) would have been an ideal why to finally give various regions games they missed out on, but aside from a few Japan only games that are left untranslated, they haven't really been utilized for such. Missed potential there.

Been meaning to give the Mana games, the ones with co-op anyhow, a go with a friend, but considering he's not the sort to leave his house and refuses to mod his Wii (so we could play SD3 co-op via emulator), I don't see that happening.

On a related note, I do find it a bit odd that Square seems to keep clearing the first Seiken Densetsu for remakes and such, while Seiken Densetsu 3, which I've heard was a rather buggy release in Japan, they don't bother with, when that seems like the game that could benefit most from seeing it's issues worked out. Granted, there's something to be said against wanting a remake from modern Square.

It got plenty of shit before that too though, mostly because of hipsters.

Whoops, meant that to direct to .

Didn't that game just get a rerelease, along with the first two games, on the Switch in Japan? Or am I misremembering?

I'm not sure if that's out yet, or if it's just a set of straight ports (something like the Japan only anniversary collection of the FC and SFC versions of Dragon Quest I-III) or actual remakes.

Anyone have the Scarface mega link that was on the one week one vidya thread? I meant to download it. I've been waiting for the thread.

The only thing that would improve this would be a targeting reticle and 60 FPS gameplay

Did a bit of reading up, apparently it's coming out tomorrow, and it's more or less a set of ports.

dualshockers.com/nintendo-switch-exclusive-seiken-densetsu-collection-gets-new-video-showing-new-features/
archive.fo/45Ab1

Figured they wouldn't be outright remaking that many games for a collective release. Though, it does make me wonder if they're going to touch up SD3.

Aladdin was better on the Genesis.

I agree that the jp version is better but I just went with the version I physically own

Ken Griffey Jr 93.

Super Puyo Puyo Tsu.

Despite being a tad shorter than every other game, this shit here,
I missed buying the DS remake but i got to play it fully, and man now THAT was a good remake

Still own the original cartridge I got when it was new. Still play it.

Protip for hardwarefags: When cleaning your old carts/electronics use isopropyl and not windex like an ignorant little bitch.

Tie between Front Mission, Shadowrun, and Bahamut Lagoon. I didn't play too many Snes games but I love the shit out of these three equally.

Am I the only one who liked this more than StarFox 64? Didn't like all the level gimmicks, voice acted story crap, and charged laser blasts of the sequel. Permadeath for your allies if you sucked in the original was great.

I've cheked online out of curiosity, they are selling the DS game for 160 eurodollars
Haha what the fuck is wrong with people, i was willing to spend up to 15 at most
Yar-harr, matey

Starfox64's medals were great and the progression dependent on your actions was a good thing. Everything else the original did better. Never played starfox2 though.

Nigger that shit wasn't even around back then. Of course it's better with the fan retranslation.

As much as I love BoF2 Capcom's sorry excuse for a translation was laughable. They didn't even really bother to fix it in the GBA port either.

I can't choose.

Terranigma is nothing like Zelda, I don't get what you are on about.

I prefer, Secret of Evermore, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Hero of Mana to Secret of Mana, does that make be a bad person, I did enjoy the ending to Secret of Mana though, that was great.

Anyone else looking forward to Ever Oasis, it looks like a good continuation of the Secret of Mana series.

Nice

My niggers
I wish it didn't get shit on for being a "secret of"
I also wonder why the promotion material was so creepy.

I wonder why nobody posted those yet

I played it when I was like 12 and remember a somewhat similar playstyle (being an action game, rather than turn-based like the RPGs I was familiar with) and having dungeons with puzzles and bosses. That's probably it, and I remembered it being more like Zelda than it really is, given that that was more than half of my life ago.

FUCK BUBBLES

It's closer to Secret of Mana than it is to Zelda. Sure they're both ARPGs but those are just names used to categorize things and make it easier to find them.

Careful, seen some people give the DS version shit as being "unplayable" due to inverted button scheme compared to the SNES original.

Not sure what the state of availability is in Yurop, but here in the US when I see the DS version (which isn't that often, but not "rare" either; seems most people just keep hold of their copies) it's about $20-25, even for a complete copy.

Yeah, I know. I don't get why they wouldn't have resolved to fix it for the GBA, other than sheer laziness. I mean, Square was tweaking the scripts for the Final Fantasy ports on the GBA (as well as Sword of Mana, as a remake), so it should have been a good opportunity to try to rectify that had they wanted to. Especially with the SNES translation being so notoriously shit.

You know I think SMW might just be my most Nostalgic game of all time. The artstyle and soundtrack are just so fucking memorable and lovely that I can't hate the game or think it's even remotely worse than SM3 or any other game for that matter. It's just such a wonderful game that makes me happy every time I think about it and whistle the tunes when I remember one of the more memorable songs. I realize I'm gushing over the game but god damn I can't think of a single thing I dislike about it other than the Forest of Illusions "puzzle" and how obvious is is to find half the secrets and skip most the game. I guess this is a game I'll never really be able to take my rose tinted glasses off with but I've yet to see somebody really be able to go against most of the flaws with the game to say it's anything below an 8/10.

Even though i started playing it when i was four and barely could wrap my tiny digits around the average SNES, You're completely right.

This "Undertale is kinda like EarthBound lawl" meme needs to stop. They're nothing alike save for the first-person battle screen sort of resembling Mother, which can also be likened to Dragon Quest, Wizardry or other RPGs. If Starmen.Net weren't massive faggots that sold out their forum space to Toby followers so their dwindling site would have traffic, they wouldn't have dragged the series' name through the mud.

SNES was before my time so I had a PS1 and PS2

I feel older every day. You have to be as young as 26 at the earliest. But PS2 included you're probably around 20.

Fucking NES was before my childhood jesus fuck

There is something so much comfier about sim city snes than there is about some of the pc versions. I know its not as options packed, but it works really well as a console game and I've put more time into that version than any of the others of that series.

Mario World is my favourite but because it's already been used I'll use something else and that's Super R-Type.

This game is incredible with some of the best music released not just for the series but also in general. The slow downs are annoying but in this age if you use MESS for overclocking and play the game at full speed. R-Type II is still my favourite version but I do prefer the colour palette of those remixed levels featured in Super R-Type.

I'm 25 and I got to play both the SNES and the original Gameboy, my brothers were always into older stuff, hell I even got to play the Commodore 64. I miss childhood.

I believe I have odd tastes.

A tie between these two.

PERFECTION in a JRPG.

I can't stomach Akira Toriyama's style of art. Never could. Otherwise, yes, this game is pretty kickass.

I don't really like JRPGs, so i thought the SNES wasn't fit for me back then.

Didn't it had a blue haired goddess or something?
I think I remember this one, but I could be wrong.

No contest

I believe they mean socially, rather than any actual comparison between the two games. There's a shit ton of hipsters that never played it being fucking obnoxious about it.

Nope. The only reason that I chose SoM over SD3 is because I never got to experience SD3 on its original hardware as meant to be played, and had to use the translation version that's been floating around on the internet since 2000. SD3 is by far the better game, but what made SoM so magical to me is that it was the first JRPG that I got to co-op with my best friends. That contributed to a lot of the experience, which is something that emulators and online play just couldn't hold a candle to.

I never did play Hero of Mana. As far as Secret of Evermore is concerned, I tried so very hard to like it. Square and gaming mags of the time built up Evermore like it was Secret of Mana's sequel. Frankly, I hated it.

I didn't like the story. I thought the protagonist was the worst character ever, the world was so lifeless, creepy and dead. Part of what made Secret of Mana/SD3 so magical (to me) is how bright, beautiful, vivid everything was. It was like playing a grandiose storybook.

Granted, I was also 12 when Evermore was released, so maybe I'll revisit it so I can see how it holds up.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this fan translated gem yet. Rudra no Hihou is a JRPG that let's you make spells from words, has multiple parties and you see the story from all their perspectives without recycling the same zones and some decent plot twists.

Also Live-a-Live is amazing too. You play as multiple protagonists in that game and you play them on different moments of time (prehistory, current time, future etc.)

youtube.com/watch?v=-a6TQygg0wY

Who else here is a '97fag who enjoys retro vidya from before they were born? Technically, my generation was PS2/GC. Although when I was a wee lil faggot I really liked the Spyro trilogy.

Too many to count, OP.

my first video game system was an n64 so i have no favorite snes game

Starting to notice a trend in these posts

Didn't mean to post that twice, or did I

I was a Sega kid too poor to also get a SNES, until they made the mini. Then for a long time I only had two cartridges, A Link to the Past my mom got me off ebay, and a brand new fully packaged Earthbound I found for $5 in a target (this was when the N64 was big, I knew about Ness from Smash Bros and it looked awesome). Still my favorite SNES games.

Meh, it's not that bad. My main problem with it is that he uses the same style for everything that he does.

Rocksolid taste! It's hard to believe how a sprite based game like that had such convincing physics and sense of speed and all that. Only two things were missing, one is split screen, they should have had a version with an extra chip to facilitate that. The other is the-flatery-of-immitation. There were at least two DOS clones of mario kart, there should have been one of this, probably could have even been done with the same engine!

Yeah, that was a gem. I wish there was a way to switch this game up a bit and facilitate weapon combinations they didn't allow you, like two way forward missile with rotating shields.

I can't imagine a childhood playing 3D games. NES was my childhood. Got a SNES when I was around 8 and a playstation as an early teen. I'm probably getting too old for this shit.

Secret of Mana is the only correct answer.

Also why the fuck is quick reply opening in a new tab all of a sudden?

Jesus almighty, I thought I was the only one with this shit happening.

I am alone with my great taste

also boxart

I thought something was going on with my browser or ctrl key.

comrades! you got some good taste.

Mah nigga

Yes
She is the one that gives you the power of evolution and guides you