How fucking bad is Rime?

I've been keeping a semi-close eye on this game, but I have no idea what to expect. Also, I'm leery of the $30 price tag. Bitches on Tumblr have been praising it for being "colorful" and "fresh" but fuck them since ya'll have been far more of a help than any of them.

Has any of you played it? Is it worth my hard earned money?

Walking simulator shit.

Ew no.
I'll avoid it. Thanks, faggot.

WE

Apparently??? hes supposed to be Polynesian or something

Nigger game. 0/10.

it's a decent portrayal of tropical kids tbh, would have looked the same 20 years ago.

Is the game meant to be historical though ? Looks like pure fantasy world to me.

The shader is too flat and it makes him look darker than he should. He's edging into drow/dark elf territory.

Wasn't this made by the guy who cried several days after reading mean comments about his game on NeoGAF?

Anyone who takes neogaf seriously is a huge bitch

seriously. how much of a cuck do you have to be to seek their approval?

I was thinking the same thing. It's not that he's supposed to be a nignog, just that they couldn't reconcile the skintone with the shaders.

I want uncle Holla Forums to calm down the crossposting

4/pol/ and 8/pol/ are the same board, so yes, it counts as crossposting.
Unless you were meaning "b-b-but Holla Forums is Holla Forums", in which case get over yourself.

Indie trash.

We were all niggers once deal with it Holla Forums kid looks like he's from some Pacific island Samoa or some shit.

Looks like it tries too hard to be ico

That doesn't actually look like a nigger though, niggers can't have straight/wavy hair, he also doesn't look like an ape.
He looks more like a pajeet or southern arab or something like that but he's not black that's for sure.

All I need to know. It's trash.

I can tell you it's about "taking-in the rich experience and atmosphere". It's a great walking simulator.

Holla Forums is a stronk independent board who don't need no politics. I agree we need less crossposting here.

It's being hyped up and I still haven't seen gameplay that looks remotely interesting, or talk of it.

Yeah I guess these SJW games still find abundance of their target audience here, and this is why they're not going away anytime soon.

Can't tell if retarded or sarcastic.
archive.fo/aUT4V

He's cute. I'd fuck him.

But I wouldn't play the game. New games are shit.

It literally was, was is the codeword here until this place was flooded by Reddit and late cucks
That's how it is, thing is Holla Forums has been flooded by the tiny gay robot too, and their smell is more noticeable once they succumb into their batshit insane burger political opinions

No. It uses denuvo. Plus it's already been cracked. If you want to try it pirate that shit.

Gonna wait for either a price drop, or wait until I can get it used. Not too interested, plus it's 10 bucks more on the Switch.

My short research indicates that this is basically abzu on land. Although that would suggest lots of cool animals walking around which I don't think it has so it's even worse.

This is why you need to go back.

its cracked, why would you be asking us whether or not you should spend money on it?

Shilled and probably shit.

Fucking Americans.

Looks like they spray painted a honky at the last minute to me.

that and they used the wrong shade of brown. Islanders are a rich orange/golden brown. Niggers have some shitty fucking muted shades of brown. Even the most brown islander still looks burnt orange.

Ayy yo nigga. You never heard of the Melanesian Islanders/ Papuans / Abbos?

How about you faggots stop bumping this sjw shit?

Tumblr likes the trend of "idealistic games with no conflict" or "virtual safespaces", so they rate it highly.

Can't tell if retarded or sarcastic…

I guess I won't be buying then, I don't support piracy

Yes. Got it via a specific torrent and cracked it via a specific crack Baldman's.
No. It's overly simplistic and tries to pretend it isn't a walking simulator by allowing you to jog and perform light platforming and "puzzle" solving. It isn't difficult, it isn't challenging, it isn't entertaining, it's just not fun.

It sits there and tries to wow you with brightly colored cel shading and 3deep5u piano BGM, like it's saying "playing me makes you enlightened, gaze upon my beauty and be in awe." It's hipster shit, but it's just hipster shit that actually goes above and beyond most other walking simulators by genuinely attempting to be a game. I should say it actually IS a game, without even comparing it to the others of its genre, but it's a game like PacMan or something. Extremely simple, nothing to it.

also how many fucking threads do we need on this, is this a shill thread?

3,000,000 DENOVO CALLS EVERY SECOND

This looks like a ps2 game on a dolphin emulator.

More like "brown-as-fuck-Quake" tier, but with green and blue.

not all games need conflict or violence

there's more to life than killing, like watching a hot, sweaty shota attempt to climb a wall for the 1000th time but then slip and smash his head on the pavement 50 feet below

I want BLM to calm down the crossposting.

Nothing was ever made better by adding niggers to it.

So it's Myst but with brown shota, shittier puzzles, and FUCKING DENUVO, right?

The devs actually caved and removed it. It'd be better if it was on a 66% off steam sale though.

Bringing up Myst would imply there's something mysterious or obtuse about it. It's just downright average and obvious.

These posts gave me Deja Vu

This pic just reminded me how much fucking coons there are in america holy shit deport them already ameribros

So does this kid grow up to be The Ancient Mariner of whom the Rime speaks?

No.

The kid dies before the game started, he goes overboard during a storm and drowns. The events of the game are the father's fantasy as he goes through the five stages of grief before accepting his son is dead and moving on with his life. At least, that's one (the most obvious) interpretation. Another is to assume that the events of the game are literal and take place in the far future, but I doubt this as the final scene with the kid is him flying up into the sky and entering a dreamlike recreation of his bedroom. A bit more closure would have been nice here, at least to distinguish what actually happens.

It's a bit 2deep4u for myself, but it is presented well. I get the feeling that the developers originally built the game to Sony's standards (a more standard collectathon platformer) than the art thing they ended up making. This isn't necessary bad, because for all it's flaws Rime is short and sweet enough where it can be minimalist.

Also: Sony's influence on the game is obvious because the music is AAA movie quality and the larger setpieces ripped out of Uncharted. Make of that what you will.