Black Desert Online General

"cuckboy edition"

BLACK DESERT ONLINE
Black Desert Online is an open world "sandbox" MMO with an emphasis on PVP that recently released on steam. The main draws to the game are the waifu creator and the skill-based action combat. The new punch-man class recently released, and the new region is set to release soon. If you're new to the game, catch up mechanics are pretty serious and with a little bit of dedication you'll be able to gear to a competitive level. Come join the 8v guild ITC and help us fight normalfags and have fun in Node Wars every night.
discord.gg/9JyV6Nx

store.steampowered.com/app/582660/Black_Desert_Online/

blackdesertonline.com/tryforfree

Post your OC waifus

I wanna fuck him

Never forget.

Delete this.

Lvl50 now, so I'll be joining up with you gents soon enough.

Decided it was worth the $8 to get the game. Didn't think it was worth buying any of the special packs, though, since the only thing that I want is a god-damn "Outfit->Costume" coupon, and the packs didn't even have the decency to come with free pearls. So I'll just stalk the market on that one.

What is happening here?

The greatest node fort to ever grace the game.

Wew.

Quit shilling your shitty fucking pserver here.
Some newfag got adware or something last time.
And the server didn't run right.

anyone could just go through it
the only thing spaced out barricades like that could stop is thunder thighs aska, whose fatty leg rolls would get caught on a jagged spike and tear his flesh asunder

Every day I log into this game, every day I hate myself for playing it. At least combat keeps me busy and I enjoy fighting in the rain. It's very soothing.

i love how cancerous the roleplay chat is.

Visit Calpheon 2, it will seem comparatively fine.

Does the game still nerf your damage if you use traditional hotkeys?

Wew. A 7 day trial is not long enough to dive into the game.

since you can reach level 59 in like 2/3 days of just doing the black spirit quest im sure it is.

I wouldn't go that far.
58 is doable in 4 days if you focus, but yea 7 days is enough to get a feel for it.

so its another generic korean grindan shitfest

Yeah but the combat is actually pretty good.

i did it just now as a complete noob player, 3 days no exaggeration.

you mean they stop nigger faggots
also aska

it uses more mana/wp compared to the normal key combo

that sounds retarded.

Its a good excuse to stop being shit at the video game.

you only use hotkeys to either change stances or if the skill doesn't have a key combo.

Like I never left Holla Forums

I'm really happy to see "le epic chan army XD" every time I check world and roleplay chat. There's nothing quite like interacting with a group of people who literally cannot convey a single sentence of information without first translating it into some sort of meme to show off how hard they fit in.

Honestly, the server chat and RP chat are the best part about this game. It's like on big Holla Forums. It's cozy.

The constant memes about Alienware and how the game is pay to win get pretty tiresome.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Well he's here, so allot.

I wish some of you anons would play the classic rerelease of BDO's older, better, more fun dad with me.

They aren't to keep them out, they're to keep us in.

I hate it when people do that. We get it man, you're an epic memeslinger, shut up. I'm glad the Holla Forums guilds I've been in kept that shit to a minimum.

Stop.

sure

pay to win is not a meme but a reality, only you whales defend that shit because it gives you advantage

Whats pay to win about this game?

Gee i really wonder what is Pay to Win about this game

I am not even gona talk about the retarded camo suit despite whales saying its not P2W but "convenience"

Sounds more like pay to be lazy, not pay to win. You can get all that shit if you just grind like the majority of people.

You haven't truly experienced pay to win if you haven't played Age of Wushu within the last couple years. You can buy skillsets that shit on everything else and are impossible to get otherwise by shelling out ridiculous amounts of money.

The scale of what you're talking about is a lot less than what you think it is and what I thought it was.
To, "pay to win", you would have to dump 1k$ just to have a real advantage over regular players. That advantage would be have a few million more silver. Which doesn't amount to much nowadays.

P2Wing BiS gear in a week is impossible, buying a full set of tet gear would cost you close to $10k USD and take over a year of doing the maximum transactions every week. This doesn't include accessories, which would run you around another 5b, and this only brings you to a slight gear advantage over full TRI which everybody can get to with close to no hassle.
Anybody who whales is a moron. You're spending $29 on an amount of silver that anybody can get passively from their workers every other day, a night of casual fishing, or from 2 hours of casual grinding. Please keep posting about a videogame you've never played.

I like it so far but I've only gotten to level 45. Being unable to send shit to friends is the only thing I really find annoying.

I havent been able to get past level 25 or so without rolling a new character because i'm a indecisive fuck.

I think ive finally narrowed it down to Warrior, Striker or Musa but now deciding between them is even more difficult. I'd just stay with Striker if I hadn't heard so many bad things about his awakening.

How do i play this outside of the allowed regions?
also, post your characters

The bad things are about his pre-awakening, his awakening hasn't been out long enough for people to form valid opinions yet but it looks pretty good. Honestly just disregard anything you hear about Striker's awakening.

k

I dunno man, most of the Korean opinions ive seen say that its just really janky and slow. The stands apparently dont attack fast enough or in the right spot to be useful in pvp. Though i've heard some reports that say it's also bugged so I dunno. I just dont like gambling.

I thought the striker's pre-awakening was considered to be the best one in the game though?

Koreans have been wrong about everything in this game so far. Striker pre-awakening is useless outside of 1v1s.

When the fuck does the sandbox part start, when can I stop doing these fucking story quests

Never. The entire game is about combat and grinding. All of the other content is singleplayer due to their shitty trade system and ultimately inconsequential to the rest of the game.

On the bright side, atleast the combat and grinding is fun.

When I rolled my first character I was torn between Musa and Ninja. So I picked Sorceress and never looked back.

The story quests pretty much just level you to 50, then take you on a tour of the other regions, you get some decent welfare gear at the end of it so it is worth doing.

They dont gate you out of anything so you can stop doing them a fuck off to go lifeskilll whever or go level at your own pace you want.

It's actually usually easier to flow into the right key combo with something like forward + e, and it makes combat interesting. It sucks when you fuck it up and get it slightly off / didnt time it correctly, but you have a lot of pve mobs to grind against to practice. I've jumped in the air like a retard many times when I want to charge forward with shift+space. I rebound CC's to things like 1,3, c,x so that I can land those without too much trouble.

I didn't like it at first, but it actually works way better than hotkeying everything. Makes the combat feel more engaging since there's actual inputs.

How does magic feel in the game? Can you shoot lightning? This is important.

Yes. Go for witch, her awakening specializes in lighting and earth elements.
Wizard does water/fire.

Also, check out the videos of the 2 classes on the BDO youtube channel for reference.

Just found out about this game. Is it worth getting into? Will it last long?

It's lasted a year now almost.
It gets lots of updates.
Players count keeps increasing, which is surprising to me.

It's worth getting into only if you like "action combat" mmos and pvp.

well im joining. I found out it works in wine as well so I can actually use my main PC for this.

Is there a game guide somewhere so that I can learn the different classes?

What class should I play? Sorcerer looks pretty good.

All the old class guide videos are obsolete by now, so your best bet would just be watching the awakening trailers on the main youtube channel and picking whatever looks fun to you. If you want to play as a broken class, play DK, witch, or wizard.

It's why I stopped playing with Holla Forums groups by and large. They think acting like redditors 24/7 is acceptable.

The problem with Holla Forums groups is that their open nature leaves them as a vector of infection for redditors and because most Holla Forums groups do shit "ironically" they attract literal retards who think it's normal.

Are any of his accusations true? I would hate to be known as part of a guild that didn't have players each worth three enemy combatants.

It's obvious bullshit. He referred to ITC as a zerg when his guild brings parties of people for one of us.

This is some good stuff. I laffed.

Be real with me - on a scale of 1 to 10, how much of it is gear and how much of it is player skill, when you actually get to PvP? Is a player in Boss Gear going to just no-sell every attack from someone swinging a TET Rosar, or does it boil down to a difference of damage (i.e. you can kill this faggot in ten hits and he can kill you in three, but he sucks ass at video games so he'll never hit you once).

And just what does the HP of a player equate to compared to monsters, anyways? Does the average PC have HP in the same degree as an Ogre/Energetic/Boss, or the tougher trash mobs?

Gear does matter, to a point.
It mostly boils down to the later, so long as you have enough AP to actually out dps pots on somebody, which isn't much, the gear you would need to get that much is readily available on the marketplace for any new player to just buy with silver.
Elixirs also exist, which are fairly easy to craft and give absurd damage boosts, so even if your gear is shit you can stack those and trade up with people who outgear the fuck out of you.

What about accuracy? I spent about 10 minutes wailing away on a "Giant Fox " until I got bored and fucked off, because it just gave an "Immune" to all of my attempts.

Related to which, I've also found that the basic attack definitely has the highest Accuracy. At 51, it's the only thing that I know will always damage the "big" fucks like Cylcops, as most of my specials are still giving shit like "Immune" from time to time.

What dev thought it was a good idea to put killing those ahead of Hexe Marie, anyways? Why design a "cumulative boss" that is literally below trash mob tier?

Immune pops up when a cc effect attached to the skill is resisted or the target is immune to it.
Accuracy you get from the mainhand weapon, some offhands, gems and a few accessories plus an easy to craft elixir.
Its a stat you do need, but there's plenty of ways to get it and they are all easy.

So it's low AP, not low accuracy?
Then what the fuck is a Lvl45 fox doing with a DP so high that it can't be hit with a +14 Rosar?

I still hear you need to spend ridiculous sums on the cash shop to really enjoy the game. Temporary weight increases and such to maximize looting.

Was the fox market with a little deer head on the minimap? It could have been a hunting mob, those got added to kinda recently and you can only kill those with a musket.

The only thing I would call required in the cash shop is pets, since they pick up loot for you.
Even then, you can get those with sliver when people list them on the marketplace, occasionally get them for free from events and there's an in game achievement that gives one.
Early on, weight limits are annoying, but later on once you have levelled a bit, gotten the free loyalty weight increases and start bringing a mount to dump absurd amounts of loot at while you grind shit it stops being a factor for looting efficiency at all.

the things with tags are hunting mobs, you'll need a musket to kill them in a reasonable amount of time

hit the first gear softcap of full tri boss and duo accessories and your personal skill and class will matter way more, even versus someone 50 gs over you.

You also have to out-dps their DR and DP, not just pots. I don't have the chart saved but it explains that the more AP you have, the more effective it becomes. (it scales linearly)
Same with DP.

Depending on the gap between their DP and your AP you might not be able to win no matter how skilled, but for the majority of players, that's not an issue. Most players hit a plateu when going for TET gear, so fighting people with 250AP or 320DP is going to be a rare occurance.

What server is everyone on?

So the whole reason that I couldn't kill it wasn't accuracy, or damage, or any of that shit. It was because they're immune to anything that isn't a gun.

Well that's just silly.

No.

As long as you're on the North American server you can play with us.

So you can build shit and seize territory in this right?
Does this have a meaningful advantages, do other guilds wage war for this shit?

Each night there are node wars from 9pm to 11pm EDT. Each node has a specific night you can fight for it, so your guild picks out a node that is being fought for that night, has all day to build, then hopefully is able to take out every other guild that built on it within the 2 hours you have. The guild that wins gets to hold the node and collects the tax for the week. The silver you collect from tax goes to the guild funds, so it's up to the GM to decide if you're going to sit on it, bid on a guild house, or send the money out to the members.
Every saturday, any guild that holds a T2 or T3 node is allowed to fight for one of the 5 region castles, which is worth a lot more money but locks you out of node wars while you hold it. This fight lasts until 1am, but it doesn't really matter since regions are only taken by huge alliances, and half of the regions aren't even contested because people are afraid of the alliances that hold them.

tl;dr: there are advantages, but it's strictly silver.

actual autism

Have they ever done anything to give out free Equipment Tailoring Coupons? Because I'm currently sitting on a Jarrette's Armor that's pretty much useless, and the market has only put out two of the damn things over the last week.

yeah I'm good then, this game was promised so much, closer to an sandbox mmo then the typical grind mmo.

But it seems they really scrapped all that for the to invested to quit crowd.

80% gear 10% knowing your various combos 10% knowing when to engage.
There are some super geared players that get womped by people with half their wealth. Then there are ultra geared players that are actually good too.
It seems though that numbers is always more important than gear. If you can double or triple your number of players over theirs it stops mattering if 90% of your group has quest welfare gear.

they aren't quite immune, they just take reduced damage. you could have killed it if you spent a while.
the "immune" text that pops up doesnt mean anything regarding damage, but instead indicates when a hit with cc attached to it was resisted or the mob is immune to that type of cc.

calph was taken by a 2 man alliance, which was mostly just vertex with the other guild being a cannon squad. the only other alliances I know of recently in balenos and serendia have been 2 guild alliances.

ITC pays tribute to a proud female hunter

He's charging his big anime blast

Sure-you-can

Post more handsome warriors.

did you forget to change your undies after shitting them?

big boy

Just got this game the other day, and my 390x just fuckin an hero'd while playing it.

Was just starting to get all the combos into reflex memory and now I gotta RMA this shit and wait for 3 weeks.

Maybe more, AMD cards are getting gobbled up by miners again. Sold my old 370 for more than I bought it for.

We'll miss you while you're gone, user.

So wait, it's ITC still alive in this game? I played some time ago and the striker looks like a good reason to come back, and if it is who do I contact?

You can go on the discord and @any officer.

shit nigger I really don't like/use discord, guess I'll drop by later and get the invite, but I'm mostly a chat kinda player

We do a lot of node war, so voice chat is kind of a must.
You can try whispering Flashbang_Out

who what now?

Ah yeah i stopped before the guild actually did something like this, its ok though I'll probably be leveling a fresh char so I don't think I'll be that useful

Low levels are useful for defense. What you do is basically man the defense structures. (flame towers, and a hwacha)

How much of a must? I'm fine with use of Discord and listening to any voice messages, not huge on sending them.

Yea just listening is required. You gotta know what the situation is, where the enemy is, when to push out, when to brace for incoming attacks, etc.

You just have to be in the chat, half of ITC has never used mic.

so this is the power of reddit chan

You guys looking for particular classes? Also you guys often recruiting? is me, so I'm going to be out of the game for 3 weeks or so (Saphire still hasnt answered my RMA request those bastards). I'm pretty active with a good mic though. I'll hold onto your guys discord until I get my replacement card and check you guys out then I guess.

post puffy dresses

WHERE'S THE EU GUILD

Zeroden is a tryhard PvPer from Burning Crusade/Wrath. He's been playing on RP/RPPVP servers for ages, and always talks shit and toots his own horn about being godly over all the other trash scrubs. Biggest fat-head of them all. Keep it up, he deserves it.

no thanks

There isn't one, all of the EU guys just went to NA because it didn't seem like we'd have enough players to get an EU guild off the ground.

tfw you don't want to be a shitter who leaves costumes undyed but pure magenta is your favorite color

We could use more witch/wizards, but your class really doesn't matter. Play whatever looks fun.
We let people in if they meet a gear requirement, then if they're normalfags we kick them out 10 minutes later. We've only actually kept 2 people like this, everybody else has gotten in through one of these threads or by being friends with people who are already in.

All the EU players just play on the NA server. We actually have a lot of EU players in ITC, and lag doesn't seem to be that big of an issue for them, so you may as well just come to NA. NA is more competitive than EU, anyways.

So what the hell is the gear progression in this game? I've hit 45 an I'm just using whatever gear I picked up from the goblins at the start and replacing it with whatever the main quest gives me. I have like 100 weapon and armor stones but I don't know what equipment I should wait for to use them on.

I normally go to NA servers in online games because there is more roleplaying there.

Which has better combat this or TERA?
And is the other half of the combat, a.k.a what you're fighting better or worse than tera?

You played a game on a nuclear reactor, user. I'm surprised it didn't pull off an elephant's foot inside your case. Sorry for your loss though.

So does the PvE ever get any harder or more interesting? I'm a level 37 Tamer and everything I'm meant to fight falls over in a single combo. I've tried fighting far higher level enemies but the difficulty just isn't there - they're not harder to fight, just harder to kill and in the end I'm still hammering out the same couple moves over and over again that I was using to insta-nuke the lower-level trash.

So far, the most fun I've had is killing bosses, but their health pool is so painfully small that they fall over before I ever really get a chance to fully enjoy the fight.

the PvE does get more interesting around level 50 but only just so, the enemies have more HP and hit harder which makes it a little bit of a challenge, it's still not as interesting as a real hitbox game though of course doing real hitboxes on a game of this scale is almost impossible (it's why TERA is unbearably slow)

it's sort of difficult to compare the two because TERA is hitbox-based and BDO is invisible-targeting-based

basically, in TERA, attacks create an area or field that then affects what it touches, like an arrow becomes a little hitbox that sails across and deals damage if it hits the target

in BDO, attacks are scripts that are run on a target or an area, which then affect anything in that area. this means that when you fire an arrow the target is already "hit", they can't dodge or whatever, which his why this game has "accuracy" and "evasion" stats unlike a real action game

so obviously this makes TERA better right? well…
1) that's a matter of preference
2) the combat in BDO can be much faster as a result
3) each character class has many more moves in BDO than in TERA, and you activate them wtih direction+attack key combos rather than pressing 1, 2, 3, etc

there are other upsides to each game; TERA has (mostly) non-gender or race-locked classes while BDO has charagen somewhat like Mabinogi Heroes (vindictus for amerifags) or other korean games, your character isn't a set person with a name and stuff, but, a "Ninja" is always a human dude, a "Dark Knight" is always an elf girl, a "Berserker" is always a male giant, etc… although I will say that customization is pretty good so two characters of the same class can look pretty different

BDO has a lot more to it outside of the combat, also; the lifeskills system is pretty well-developed (like ArcheAge-lite) while TERA's crafting is, uhh, not – BDO also has an inter-settlement trading system, an Amity system where you can make NPCs like you, a whole mount leveling/training/management system with breeding, and so on

I played TERA for about a year and I enjoyed it during that time but after playing BDO and a few other newer games it just kinda feels dated

Played TerA for a good bit, and it has just about the best combat I've ever played. Combat is a little bit slower, but it's not reliant on combos like BDO is. It felt more… real. Not as much overly speedy/flashy shit goin on. It was a lot like monster hunter games. TerAs superiority ends there, however. End-game is disgustingly shit, and its optimization is absolutely horrid which makes PvP on a large scale trash (You can expect half the FPS of BDO in cities and large PvP. I had such a massive hard-on for TerA before it was released, and was so disappointed. It was a one-trick pony. Their BAM (Big ass monster) system was pretty dope though I must say. Soloable bosses littered around the world that were challenging and pretty fun. You can't button mash to end game in TerA like you can in BDO.

BDO has pretty good combat though. Not usually a fan of combo systems that require prerequisite abilities, but BDO does it well enough I suppose. Everything else is so flushed out compared to TerA, it's no contest. Their world PvP system seems more fun than TerAs as well.

TERA BAMs were amazing when the game was new, shortly before I quit they nerfed all BAMs damage and HP across the board hugely, so that they were much easier to solo,
which is a big part of WHY I quit

soloing pre-nerf BAMs on my archer never got old, after the nerf it wasn't even hard anymore

Jesus Christ does this game has some kind of deal with alienware or something?, "people" are constantly shilling that shit in "rp" chat, I was curious to see what would rp chat would be used for never thought it would be for that.

Because Alienware is the best you fuckin pleb. My Alienware laptop gets me over 200 FPS at fishing docks. It was built by professional SCIENTISTS. Your custom built is nothing.

Apparently the devs promised an Alienware Desktop to whoever had the highest level Striker or something like that, and people started shitposting about that. The only things I've seen discussed on the RP chat for the last week have been Alienware, traps, and Hitler.

It's shilling in the same way Toddposting is shilling for Bethesda products or Loss comics are shilling for you to read Buckley.

The greatest mindbogglery of Tera is that all they had to do was litter the various worlds with Bams of various colors and strengths.
Instead they put in MORE WORK to add instanced buggy shit dungeons with gimmicks that no one enjoyed.
They expended effort to make the game worse.

low energy but I still smirked

yah I cannot even imagine the mismanagement that led TERA to become what it did, it was really such a great game early on

I understand BDO actually has gone through a similar metamorphosis although what it has ended up being is still alright

At least for BDO one can argue that they were trying to make it more appealing to retarded gooks who cannot into anything other than mindless, endless farming for gear score. As it is now I just lifeskill all day so that I can be as a god to the fresh scrubs when this shit finally goes f2p.
The new steam players will be fun once they're released into the general population.

BDO has better combat
Tera has better PvE

Tera had better combat because the TTK was longer and came down to more than 'first to land a cc that doesn't desync wins'.

aight

Oh, I see, it was extremely confusing seeing all that alienware stuff in chat, Hitler and traps are background noise for me at this point

test

test FAILED

This isn't true. BDO is hitbox based same as Tera. The accuracy and evasion is a roll to decide if the attack does any damage and if it applies CC after the attack has physically hit the enemy. It's like Tera's "resist stun" rolls on armor, only it's split into several stats. There's still a huge emphasis on i-framing, dodging, and guarding against attacks.

Back when +15 was the cap, BDO pvp was the best. It still isn't bad as long as you're not going against people with 250ap. We're getting a buff to DP soon, so 1-combo kills shouldn't be around too much longer if you have decent gear anyways.

none of what you said contradicts what I said. neverwinter, wildstar, and blade & soul are also deep games with an emphasis on guarding, dodging, and i-framing (like BDO), yet they are still not hitbox-based. it's very clear from playing the game and having developed games of each type that BDO is not hitbox-based.

all you have to do is watch a projectile still hit you when you dodge (assuming you're not using those iframes I mean). Shit homes in on you. That was when I figured the delayed hits werent only lag-based, but it doesn't really hamper my enjoyment of the game

You missed all the futa chat then?