youtu.be/WWXsmnlmADc
youtube.com/watch?v=F9YN4NGe3ds
natureinfocus.blog/2015/01/15/the-wind-blowing-sand-by-rhossili-dunes/
youtube.com/watch?v=RuZQpWo9Qhs
fablesoflaetus.com/lore3/
imgur.com/gallery/HPnum
godot.readthedocs.io/en/stable/classes/class_kinematicbody2d.html
imgur.com/gallery/JhSoj
docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ExecutorService.htmlimport
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/classes-and-structs/access-modifiers
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Sharp_Programming/Keywords
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Sharp_Programming/Operators
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Limb_Topology
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections.sortedlist(v=vs.110).aspx
a.uguu.se/rJnusAhtk5K7_gs3d.7z
blackhatworld.com/seo/where-to-buy-app-downloads-reviews-ratings.653506/
bluecloudsolutions.com/blog/flappy-birds-smoke-mirrors-scamming-app-store/
youtube.com/watch?v=DWnPWygJEyM
unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases
obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

make my multithread work for me, it's too hard

Anyone got motivation pics? Already have yandev, monsterboy islandev and fez pics, im running low on rage.

Almost complete, i just need to finish the last two cores

Also someone please rate my writefaggotry
fablesoflaetus.com/lore4/

I have some art rage

what are you even doing? I looked at your code in and I don't even know what its supposed to do. is it a matrix multiplier? I still think you should write it in C using shit like intel's parallel for loops and use the Java Native Interface

that hurts

This can't be real.

Does your game really need 26 elements?

I have a question, when you make a base mesh for sculpting (which eventually gets smoothed with more polygons), is it OK to have a few triangles? or is it better to have all faces being 4 sides?

I wish there was a website where i could deliver aids to someone.

Tris are a massive pain in the ass when making subdivisions and sculpting. Only have them if it is absolutely required to keep the shape, like a pyramid or something that has a general triangle shape.

Backronyms are cancer. If Elf comes from "E.L.F.", why are they called "elves" instead of "elfs"?
I can't see how human pregnancy is a practical or cost-effective way to produce non-human slaves.
Why do ELFs have long, pointy ears? Does that help them produce more slave babies?
Why are ELFs pretty instead of ugly like ORCs? Why are they made to feel lust if they can only reproduce when ordered to? Can their lust be switched off?
Wouldn't it be better to have one type of homunculus for ORC production and another for sex with humans? I wouldn't want my filthy work slave fucking my cute horny sex slave.

What is your opinion on Live2D?

Is a human body, so I guess I need to find a way to incorporate that triangle into an edge loop.

Yeah. It's generally a good idea that whenever something is going to be deformed it should be a quad.

I have no idea how to turn that one into a quad right now,
I am trying to keep my polycount at minimum for sculpting while keeping enough consistency on the basic loops, the back was a pain, the front almost the same but I can't seem to find a way to turn that thing into maybe an armpit.

irrelevant.

It's pretty easy to make a renderer like that.

The lines come together. So, instead pull them apart. That makes the arm line get doubled. That, or you can make that line coming up towards the pit from the chest go past the pit and over the shoulder, but this may make you have more quads.

Make another cut there in the pit around the arm anyway. You can't fold a quad itself in half well, so try to make creases fall on the edge loop.

Are you a deluded enginefag?

I just want some basic stories of humans enslaving qt elves without all that disgusting shit.
Even just elves without slavery or submission would be fine, but that's even rarer. It's like the japanese are super talented in making the tastiest looking cakes, only to have a giant piece of shit hidden in it.

Such triangles will make problems in all cases, especially at joint positions like the shoulder and if you're also going to animate the lowpoly mesh later on.

Probably not.
And I mean she's probably lying.

I'll only animate the higher poly one, but still, if there is a problem from the start I'd rather fix it now.

It's better to have a pentagon at that port rather than a triangle and a quad if you absolutely must keep your poly count down.
Otherwise it would be best fixed like in pic related.

I hope you know that you're supposed to animate lowpoly/midpoly models which will be imported into the engine. Highpoly models are only for sculpting and baking maps, at least when it comes to videogames. Anyways, no matter if low or highpoly, triangles should not be at joint positions like shoulders, elbows or knees or it can fuck up your animation.

Well, I just added another edge to the arm and that took care of that triangle, I will have to re-check if I am missing anything later, looks like we had the same idea.

Noted, I am aiming for sub-10k as if it was a PS2 model in any case.

Working on porting my 3D collision code to my new engine. Sanitizing it for copyright and adding some ASCII art as I go so next time I dig it up I won't have to re-figure out how I made it work. Had to scrap a few parts of the collision library I wrote, since it's technically owned by $GLOBAL_TECH (wrote while employed under shitty contract).

You put some billboard sprites attached to single points on a cell shaded mesh. The points rotate with the mesh, the billboard sprites for eyes / mouth always face the camera. You could do it in Blender Game Engine or, any existing engine like Godot, really. Godot even has the 2D sprite system for making the animated face parts which you could stick on a 3D model in Godot.

Also that left image is purposefully rendered with low res texture, as seen on the mouth.

Give left same pixels per polygon, stretch face a bit wider, they'd look the same. If you can make the assets for Live2D you can use them in any engine to JLMG. That's what I mean. The engine is irrelevant. It's distinguishing feature is the ability to animate 2D sprites…
…now in 3D!
[90's flashback intensifies]

Post an example game made with it instead of "not a troll" image.

If you'd actually bother reading his posts you'd know he's calculating the determinant of a given matrix, and he HAS to write it in java only as an assignment.

Kowloon user here, rate my music.

Impressive, very nice

Meme game for a meme engine

Aaand here we go. Version 2 of /agdg/-tan, loli edition.

can't we just make take unity-chan and put her on chemo

its an improvment but not kowaii enough

Five hours in MS paint

Thought I had a bug in the fallback OGL 2.1 skybox renderer but it was a bad test image. Porting progress continues.

A bit monotonic and too repetitious IMO. If the aesthetic you're going for allows it, try for just a bit more variety – or go full on minimalist, "One note song" style. Perhaps drop another sample into the mix periodically.

In keeping with the chopped / non standard drumline you could incorporate some off beat full beat. Those would be best if you build up an expectation via repetition then break it.

* full breaks.

Don't go the slowed down lofi samples route, it's been done to death.

Yeah, I don't know how to make it more kawaii. That is moving into je ne sais quoi territory.

Still better than someone who never attempted anything, user.

your drawing style is not anime enough

make her knees look better. Give her panties. stop giving her so many damn wrinkles on her joints. Give her a nose, but not a big nose.

it has detail in all the wrong places. make her hair neater.

i cant draw and I dont know what i want

(checked)
(checked)
And people dare call me black pilled.

ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

Started to UV unwrap and do some textures.

Nice gobbler. Walk cycle seems a bit spoopy.

The eyes look like she has allergies or she's about to sneeze or something.

The tied up shirt feels like it's trying too hard to appeal to perverts, and has no other purpose.

Hair accessory looks like it'll poke her in the eye if you give her a head pat.

The hair looks dirty, which doesn't work well with the gravity defying anime parts and the "give me head pats" idea. There's also a very interesting idea in the hair where the top-most swirly thing does an 8-like loop, but it's not emphasized enough to be noticeable and the other spiky extensions draw attention away from it.

As for the concept itself, it seems confused about what it's meant to represent. She's trying to appeal to you like some kind of cheerleader who offers part of her as a reward, but at the same time she's supposed to be an /agdg/ like recluse nerd. Those two are mutually exclusive concepts.

The keyboard distracts you from the character design but whatever.

AM I CUTE

No.

What are some interesting open source game codes to study ?

Her hands are huge. They are bigger than the feet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_with_available_source_code

Interestingly enough, many commercial games have SHIT-tier code compared to open source games… Doom had to be cleaned up Twice before release. Carmack is a shit coder.

No that's just the orthographic projection. No perspective.

Could have textured the dress as a cylinder before putting it on…

That picture made me laugh more than it should but thanks for making my night.

Commercial game engines are rarely a good example, occasionally you get clean-ups like ioquake3.

But from this angle it is the feet that should look abnormally big due to the illusion that comes with lack of perspective.

In perspective feet should be optically smaller, so in orthographic we see their objective size but the brain used to seeing in perspective still compensates this change in size due to distance and interprets things that are further away as bigger.
1st pic rel, shows what im talking about from more exaggerated angle.

2nd pic rel, demonstrated that your animu has monkey palms compared to her delicate posture.

Holy shit, you should have unwrapped and then used the physics simulation, actually you should have saved the original shape as a shapekey and then built a second shapekey for the simulated shape.

In other words you dun goofed.

My personal recommendation is to finish that quickly and then start all over again from scratch. I also recommend a better relaxed pose.

How did you achieve the eyes? because if the eye shaped was achieved by manually editing the mesh you fucked up, it's possible to use a modifier to dynamically deform the eyes so that they can rotate within the sockets while maintaing the relative shape needed to not clip while rotating.

Arx libertatis
OpenMW
OpenRA

I only use these examples because they have active communities so there will be someone you can ask questions about them, also they all support great games that I'd like to see prosper under open source. Imagine the sheer potential of 32 player enormous map Red Alert 2 or Tiberian Sun.

This exploit is skill based enough that I'm leaving it in the game.

No nigga you are tripping out. In fact that same illusion is in that picture. Her right hand is farther away than her left hand. Believe me I fell for the illusion as well when I first started modeling.

Ohhhh that would have been useful.

It's ok, just make games and use the programming experience to make something great.

Okay, the headpat pic is cute.

The art style itself though is kinda bizarre. I'm not much of an art critic but it looks like if a western cartoonist (like Flapjack-tier) drew anime, which, I guess is probably the case.

The eyes are too fucked up and overly-detailed, the hair looks flat and paper-ish in the way if folds, and the smile, rather than being cute, is creepypasta-ish.

My retarded, non artist theory is that it's too detailed in some parts, but fuck if I know mate.

Nice panties though.
At least she doesn't look like a tranny.

What the fuck

I disagree on the mutually exclusive part. Merging the cheerleader aspect and condensing the abstraction of "/agdg/" is the original goal, since (at least for me), the feeling I've captured from these threads are anons trying to be productive and looking out for something to motivate them, be it some inspiration or a loli. Of course, more often than not, they don't succeed in being productive.

Huh. The papery and angular effect was where my art style progressed to as I continued to make art. I actually started out in soft lined anime style, but eventually incorporated western cartoons to it.

Weird as it may seem, the hard, angular style was drawn from western cartoons and the International Swiss Style.

I think the issue is that it's inconsistent. Her hair's flat and papery but her blouse isn't.

I only have motivational speeches.

Hmm, good point. I probably should have added some shading and highlights since I didn't use flat black.

Keep working at it, user.
and i'll give you headpats

Well imagine some greasy nerdbeard from /agdg/ doing a wink wink and telling you to do a good job.

The problem is that she isn't particularly alluring, but acts smug like everyone wants her, and the concept itself assumes that people do.

It would be better if you flipped it around where she wants you, but only if you make progress, i.e. she wants anyone who makes progress and rejects anyone who doesn't.

What about a tsundere project-tan. She's always causing trouble. Looking at you innocently while she unplugs the PC or smashes the "mouse" because… There was a rodent! Teasing you with pictures while you try to do code, emphatically pointing at design docs when you're trying to art, etc.

Every once in a while she does what you want and shows off, but not for your sake.

"Baka! It's not as if I want you to do me!"

That sounds like a cunt-tan, honestly. Making games is already hard enough, if the bitch tried to pull that shit on me, I'd throw her down a flight of fucking stairs.

At the end of the stairs… huh.

I keep all my abandoned project-tans in a giant vat.

I always take off their panties first, and have them all in a little album. I'll pull one pair out for fapping purposes and place it back.
I have seventeen of them.

Can a game made in game maker be a good game?

Yes, the 8 celestial elements are vital for world creation

Because it sounds better
Feeding a woman and taking care of her for 9 months is much cheaper than collecting the rare materials needed to execute the homunculus ritual
So they won't be confused with normal human females,its their mark of slavery
Because no one buys ugly sex slaves
With tons of self-control
Why not both at the same time? Orcs are herbivorous in every way, they won't go after your cute elf maido, unless you order him to if you are into that crap

Isn't the answer the fact that you have to ask rather than have a notable game that was released in GM.

Not saying you can't. Perhaps there are notable GM games at a level you'd like to aspire to? The core mechanic of Spelunky was prototyped on GM. But 100% rewritten not in GM… Because?

sage engine wars

I think Stardew Valley is made in Game Maker, and it is a decent game.

So is risk of rain and nuclear throne and hotline miami.

This is a stupid template question.

If it is fun you call it "a feature", not an exploit

The arms are too long and legs too short
And i think she would be better light blonde
But breddy good overall

A good game can be made in virtually anything, just depends on what type of game you're making.
Hotline Miami was made in GM:S.
So was Undertale, and a bunch of retarded furries and normalfags liked it.

Game Maker has a stigma attached to it because people always think of shitty meme projects that 13 year olds made in 2007, on like Game Maker 5 or 6. When really, GM:S is barely comparable with those versions.

In reality, there's a lot of anons that find [insert thing here] that they need in their game that they can't make in GM, without autistic workarounds. But for me, I've tested out every single major gameplay element and it works and looks exactly as I want it. So, once again, it depends on what YOU want to make.

And to finish off, realize this. People hate RPG Maker, Wolf RPG editor and anything of the sort, but there's a lot of small, comfy RPG maker horror games that were made using them. You won't know unless you try it out, or at least detail what you want to make.
If anything. It's such a template question that I doubt you're making a game, or even want to,

Wall jumping is an exploit in Super Mario Brothers, and a feature in New Super Mario Brothers.

You gaze upon shitty devs that get a lot of recognition, it angers you, and you use said anger as fuel to make progress.

Maybe this webm can act as ragefuel

Starjew Valley is made in C# with XNA.

Note that Hotline Miami 2 was made in GM as an editor of sorts, but they used a custom compiler to actually turn it into a game. It's rather weird. I think they called it GameBaker or something along those lines.

Having used GM6, Studio feels like cancer. I had to make an account just to try the free version. This requires email validation etc and it didnt arrive for over 30m. In addition, on launch it needs to authenticate with their server AND load a choppy newspage before you can even choose to load your project. Its awful.

And to even publish to their asset store, you have to pay a $200 fee to get the pro version first

The first game was made in GM7, apparently, and the second reused a lot of the first game's code. They didn't want to port it to GM:S, as that would require a lot of rewrites, but they wanted it to work with other platforms, and that's why Game Baker is a thing.

No I'm fairly certain that Stardew was XNA or Monogame

>Why buy faecal matter when you can steal copy it for free!

But user the repetitive and droning atmosphere is the goal.

None of your complaints exist in my pirated copy, user, minus the newspage which doesn't even load anymore.
That, and between shaders and particles, it's way better than GM6 or GM8 ever was.

Oh, what if Orcs start with beige skin, but as they eat plants the chlorophyll accumulates in their skin and they eventually become green?

What the fuck are you talking about, user?

Ideas to improve my writefaggotry

back with multithreading again
how do i use a shared variable without fucking things up?
i tried changing things by having an array of results that gets filled up, rather than constantly adding the results of each submatrix to a single value. not sure if this actually helps since i still need to decrement a counter for how many processes are left
i also changed it so that from the main thread i tell the threads that they need to finish, then wait for them to finish, and only then calculate the sum of all the results. this sort of helps reduce those infinite loops, but they may or may not still be happening
sadly the program still happens to run way too slowly with multiple threads, and sometimes gets the result wrong, ironically this happens when i'm not printing thousands of messages, if i'm not then it's a lot more likely to just not finish
mind you, i can't actually record this accurately, OBS fucks up the already slow speed and fraps can't record cmd
pastebin.com/9renRmDn
pastebin.com/dZidDeh5
pastebin.com/HD9M4L0i

Welp.
I mean, why would that happen, though? Why would chlorophyll accumulate in their skin? I mean, it doesn't really happen to herbivore animals in general, does it?

The orcs would have had to evolve in such a way to where that happens, which would mean that their skin turning green has an evolutionary advantage, maybe camouflage or something? But if that's the case, why would they not have evolved to just be green from birth?

I don't know shit about biology or fantasy, to be frank, but that's just my two cents.

search
synchronized
and/or
semaphore

In my setting they are artificial beings cronstructed from the ground up by humans, would be interesting if they had a few "glitches", no creation is perfect
Same with elves (which are all female made to be sex slaves), their glitch will be high chance of offspring with a human be a trap instead of a manly man

I already tried synchronized which either didn't do anything, or ended up giving me a correct result but a lot slower with more threads
how does semaphore help?

I suppose it could be possible, but it seems sorta like a handwaved explanation, one of those that lets you do anything you want and shoot down any plot holes.
I'm still not certain why it would accumulate in their skin, really, it's such a bizarre thing to happen that it'd almost HAVE to be intentional.

user fuck you stop distracting me from my conversation maps with your lewd perversions, you faggot.

Heh, thanks user. I'll probably get back to it a little later in the future seeing as I have a bunch of other projects to work on.

Yes, I think I can portray that in the design, but to a certain limit: any other character trait can only be meaningfully shown in comics/ dialogue, etc.

Duly noted.
Which is strange since I already made the legs longer in the early draft.
I think she'd look a little too much like Polina's sister. But I am trying to remember if there are other black-haired -tans besides garbage-chan.

How do i prevent myself from becoming an attention whore with a big ego if my game gains any traction?
If it happens to so many ecelebs, then surely it's not unlikely to happen to anons unless they go out of their way to prevent it, or am I just being paranoid?

Would be better if it was an intentional feature? The Orcs could able to get some energy from photosynthesis, while working on the fields, not enough to stop eating, but would lower costs.
I don't really know how to improve my writing other than reading other fantasy works. Should i ask /tg/ to help me with this?

cut your self off from any social media

How do you deal with marketing, announcements and bug reports then

Well, what's the issue? Context switching and synchronizing threads is slow. The workload has to be big enough to make up for the overhead of threading in order to see improvement in speed. If the job size per thread is too small then you get a net negative due to the overhead costing more time than you gain in parallelism.

Does a bigger matrix run slower threaded than single core?

Sorry, I don't have Java installed where I'm at now or I'd give it a whorl.

The answer is pic related.

Maybe get a trsuted person to do the social media part and keep posting yourself only here where criticism is brutal and your ego gets smahed down like a whack-a-mole everything it starts to creep out

This. Also, try to not be Jewish about it. When you begin thinking "what would milk more cash" instead of "what will be more cool" that's when you are on the way to attention whoring and need to slow down.

This
Even Holla Forums will provide you with an army of whiteknights who suck your cock in every thread if your game is good.

Yeah you're a lost cause m8. If you want to "market" your game, you will eventually fall for media kikes who complain about lack of diversity in your game. If you don't turn into a cuck on your own, they will help you along.

Don't stop posting here, user. We'll shit on you if you ever produce anything bad.

Honesty, that's not a terrible idea right there. And probably a way better explanation than "very elaborate glitch".

I know what you mean, though. Writing's hard. I'm not sure how much help they'll be, but it can't hurt to try.

That's not a good idea either, really. Fans of your last project are a good source of revenue and exposure for any future projects, and social media lets you keep that fanbase across the years that it might take you to make another game.

I've thought about how I'd treat social media, and I get the feeling that a lot of folks will take my general contempt and disgust with society which is portrayed pretty prominently in my game, yet it's not really surface level stuff as just me playing a character. And let them.

I already set the price of my game in my devblog 15 bucks, 2 first expansions for free so if my inner jew starts creeping out people will call me out on that shit

i'm currently doing a 7 row/column matrix, it has around 2520 size 2 matrices to calculate, i'm sure the workload is big enough
no matter what one thread runs faster

you're not going to get any, so let it happen by word of mouth

unless it's something big don't worry so much about it tbh

set up a mail account and have your game with a report bug option that sends reports to that mail

the idea is to not fall into the wrong habit over all, if you treat it as a thing which needs to be kept at arms length then the important stuffs will still get through

devfags are the coolest people I know and you make me happy by working your on projects since I fucked up my dream of becoming one by falling for the video game college meme

Be elusive, spend all your time working, do only the bare minimum of interaction and you'll still be called an attention whore whenever you show up, so just do whatever you want. Better an attention whore than a corporate whore.

not too afraid about jewing, i only want to make enough to survive and i have very low standards for that, and ill keep making stuff even if it makes me no money.

Even Holla Forums can be a bit too soft when it comes to things like criticizing like art if it's mediocre enough, though it's definitely a good place to stop attention-whoring tendencies

'marketing' was maybe a wrong word, i just mean things like posting progress on twitter and answering questions or whatever.

I guess I'm mainly worried about it cause I used to be an attention whore in my early teens and I hope it was just a phase and not some subconscious thing that's gonna creep up on me. Either way, I'll just try my best to just make good vidya, wish me luck, aggydaggy.

it doesn't go away, you only just get sort of better at dealing with it

don't use twitter what so ever

again, how about you stop making dumbass OC characters and shoving them here

user, please don't give up on it, i wasted 10 years on college Dropped out of Computer Science by the end, and then picked and finished Information Systems, i had many shitty jobs and i had lost hope on becoming a dev
Until i started to question, why exactly i cannot try again? I don't have to support a family, i can afford to fuck up, why not try? I have now left everything behind and bet all my savings on this dream, I WILL become a successful dev, and i will make my dream game, and if i who have no talent for art, writing or programming can make it, so can YOU.

The human congress will eventually have to seriously discuss if liking traps is gay because the empire has anti-homo laws and rich corrupt fucks were getting away with it buying judges and having shitty arguments like "if it is a feminine penis its not gay", this event will be described in a book or something ingame

well at least i managed to stop the infinite loops
always give the correct answer
never actually does it faster than 1 thread though, or if it does it's completely random and not by much

have you tried not outputting any text until the job is finished when you show the elapsed time?

You need to have something good other than random internet people. Like humble friends you're comfortable with so you don't need validation from dick suckers on the internet. Make games for yourself, not for fame.

If you're lonely and depressed and dream of the day you're a big game dev making cool games, you will almost inevitably start doing what people want you to do because you don't want to lose them.

the text is just for show
without it it can go anywhere from 40000000 ns to 520000000 ns, regardless of how many threads are running

Okay, now that's pretty fucking fun.
To cover my diversity bases, I included a bunch of "minorities" in the game, with their own little plot threads.

There's a spic (sorta, the game takes place in a fictional country) girl you can befriend and/or sleep with , whose shtick is that she's literally shaking over the fact that the republicans just won the local election (it's sorta inspired by the 2016 election, but no direct references or allusions to it). So you can be a good friend and calm her down, of course.
Or you can, once she admits to being an illegal, report her to ice, and watch her get v& back to wherever she came from.

And to relate to your little tale, there's a trap prostitute you can meet in a brothel. it''s not gay since you're a girl.
You can also befriend him if you so choose.
It also turns out that he's from your school, so you can snitch on him. tell a few "gossip-loving" girls about it, who spread it like wildfire.
Unable to deal with the constant remarks and bullying and whatnot, the trap kills himself.

LD's a fun game to write for.

If you don't have it sorted out by the time I get home I'll give it a shot.

What is the requirement of the project? To demonstrate threads or to speed up the matrix calculation?

What do you do with them after you get them?
What if They get you first?!

Your game is the one with fucktons of conversation trees right? are you doing a visual novel? Or something with more gameplay?
Nothing against VNs I really liked Katawa Shoujo

That sounds kind of aimless and like it will date itself pretty hard in a few years. Try not to be so culturally sensitive lest you end up as as period piece.

Yup, that's the one.
It's not a VN per se. It plays like an RPG, with you having full control of your character, being able to walk around the town, go wherever. Everyone has their own daily schedules, and you have to find people and reach out to them yourself. Without dwelling into backstory, the premise is this:

You can spend your time however you want. You don't have to talk to anyone you don't want to. You don't have to talk to anyone at all, you can just go to the arcade and play the shitty games there.
If you choose to interact with folks, well, you can once again, treat them however you want.
You can befriend them, in some cases you can sleep with them. You can cheat, or be loyal. You can ignore them. You can treat them like shit. Of course, if you do treat them like shit, well, that has consequences. Treat someone like shit, and not only will they hate you, their close friends will be wary of you as well.

I wanted to make a game where, when players discuss characters, they can have completely different experiences.
It's why the first conversation starts out so simple, and the later ones are so obnoxious to make. Three different outcomes of the first conversation means that the second conversation is actually three potential conversations, with the average player only seeing one of them, ever.

tldr: it's like Persona 3-5's dating sim section, except you can also be an asshole and aren't forced to be friends with a shitty annoying party.

But it would be a waste to allow free movement if the game is essentially still a VN, do you have any other features planned? still like minigames maybe?

Haha, no. The kind of people you're talking about will shit on some and fellate others arbitrarily, depending on their popularity and availability. Like those job interviewers that will hire you only if you already have a job.
Save your time and health and don't be a battered wife.

to see how much i can speed up the task via multithreading
example: rmi.yaht.net/docs/example.projects/excellent/rita.pdf in slavspeak

Its easy to see who just wants to fuck with you and who is being serious, just because Yanderecuck couldn't figure it out doesn't mean i will make the same mistake.

A VN would mean that movement would have to be relegated to a menu, which would look kind of shitty, honestly. That, and I wanna make the town feel more alive. And lastly, the day/night time cycle and the time schedules of every character would be doable, but very strange in a VN setting.

Nothing that would serve any essential part of the game. Frankly, everything is optional. Every conversation, barring the very first introductory one, is optional. Every area you visit, every person you meet, every conversation you have - it's all optional.

Perhaps it's hard to see without seeing the game, I'm not sure. I have it all in my head so maybe it's different for me.
But you know how people make demakes of games? If it gets popular enough, maybe someone will make a VN version of Last Dawn. I'd love to see that, but I'm not doing it.

The sort of "nothing is ever good enough" attitude of this general and /agdg/ has been the thing that saved me from wasting years producing shit and thinking it's adequate.

for the record, here's the last updated code, the one before it didn't have synchronization
pastebin.com/pTaMfdgz
pastebin.com/rmuq4gMW
pastebin.com/JsE3sUk7

GRAFICS!
Thank god for OGA otherwise the camera would be literally circle with red dot.

Eh, I was just asking about it, the whole 2D to 3D look neat.

But is it really a game if it doesn't have a lose or win state? I think you need at least one of them, it will just be a very complex and deep cookie clicker, you need to point the player's head towards a goal and tell him "reach that… eventually" at least. I hope you prove me wrong, but i think there is a big flaw in your design

What is yours about user?

Im really bored, can't do gamedev because im at my crappy dayjob

It's shitty Wolf clone made with shitty shareware engine from some random Russian I found on old CD. Complete with my shitty textures, laughably bad weapons and horribly disfigured enemy sprites and bad edits of some sprites I found on OGA. At least level design is good for now. I really wanted to make something like Shadow of Woolball but my Paint-fu is too weak.

It's shit and you're wasting your time and ours, no one cares how your autistic ass characterizes the thread

Why are you so mad?

I asked in the last thread but didn't get any meaningful responses.
I'm trying to get concepts down into an actual engine, and my resources are limited. The only option I see now is Game Maker, which the team and I are reluctant to use, and to make full use of it we'd need to buy it, which we dont have the money for atm.
LOVE and the whole Lua language is too lightweight.
None of us know Python, so Godot is a pain in the dick.
You couldn't pay the project head to use unity.
I even made a thread in the AGDG board, which, being slow as molasses uphill on a cold day, I havent gotten jack shit out of.
Any suggestions to be made?

LOVE is more powerful than it seems, I would be surprised there's something you can do in GM that you couldn't pull out with LOVE. It boils down to if you do or do not want to work with Lua.

The project at hand isn't something we can just make in a week or a month. There's a lot of thought going into it.

Then make it not shitty, good luck

The goal that the game sorta hints you at, and the one that most people will choose for themselves, is "make as many friends as you can", with the time limit of three days serving as your lose state.
And I want it to be a lot more comfier a game than most.

Then again, your philosophy is questionable as well. Would you then say that Animal Crossing is not a game?

I suppose it does not really matter. I'm going to make it anyway. If it's shit, I'll move on and make another game. But I think it'll be pretty good. It's a matter of making it enjoyable now, that will always be the biggest struggle.
We'll see in a year or so.

All of these posts disagree with you.
Also,

Excellent post

That being said, I will have to at least try harder with Lua.

The quads hold their shape when geometry is added. Tri's create artifacts which will make your sculpting a nightmare when you upres it.

I can't personally enjoy Animal Crossing, even though i love comfy games in general, but yeah, good point it is really a game without both win or fail state.
Also i don't think it will instatly fail or anything, you can always change stuff, if people think the game is pointless you can add some challenge, no need to throw everything out of the window

Much better. That tri would have made your life a nightmare.

I never said I would throw it out, did I?
The main challenge is from balancing everyone's schedules, especially if you're aiming to befriend everyone and get the "best" ending, and from the art of conversation itself. It's not traditional challenge, maybe, but it is a challenge.

Ah, so you're a baiting summerfag. Lern2read kiddo.

Lua kind of does things its own way so often you need to figure out how to make its structures work the way you want them (note that the structures are powerful/general enough to allow this). I'm doing my gamedev with Love2D, and haven't run into walls with language or engine so if you have issues getting it to do something I could try to help.

Nice dubs.
But, thanks for offering to help.
I just really need to apply myself with it and see if I can really get this project done with it, which I doubt at the moment.
I could tell you more about it, if you want, but not everything is fleshed out yet.

Sure, tell me about it if you want.

sounded like you meant that by this. I misunderstood it. Nevermind.

Sounds like someone took a track from Deadly Rooms of Death and threw it down a very deep and aesthetic well.

What is "Deadly rooms of Death"? And thank you, I am quite a fan of vaporwave.

I updated the song with advice from you guys and finished making it into ambiance.
Please critique. Yes I am mimicking 2814's style.

Pretty heavy, but isn't better to split the ambient/background from the song?
When you are indoors you should hear indoor rain sounds, would be a nice touch
The first part was really good, but it goes into pure urban backgrounds sounds later, which doesn't make sense, you have train sounds, airport sounds, none of these match well with the setting of super tight urban zone
I would also recommend removing the steps from the sound, the player should be able to use the sound of steps to detect enemies and you can use them to spook the player in later sections if you put them on the background the players will ignore them.

Sounds pretty good for what the aesthetic you're after. The music is so downplayed it's almost subconscious until it builds.

The only thing I'd add now since you have those "4 chimes" sounds is to take one sample at one spot and make the last chime in the sequence glitch.

ding, Ding, DING, '''DING".

only saw your original song now, keep the original
ambience should be used to make the player feel immersed, and maybe warn him of danger, if you put it in the song it becomes just useless background noise

It's an important question and I've been pondering it for a while now. I don't know if you're familiar with Dr. Jordan B. Peterson. He's a professor at the University of Toronto and a clinical psychologist. He became known when he famously refused to use the made up pronouns of the SJWs, they reacted as violently as they do and he didn't cuck. I've been watching his stuff recently and the man is fucking brilliant.
One of the things he did was completely change my views on humility. I'm nowhere near as articulate as he is, but I'll try to get the points he made in his lectures across.

The first important thing is what he calls your "normative morality". It's basically your cowardice and naivety masquerading as virtue. He really drives this point home in a video where he talks about the Hobbit and how the hero has to become a thief. He says that "the Hobbit has to transcend the cowardice he describes as morality." The most relevant quote from that particular lecture was this:
Another important quote can be found in vid related, where he talks about Hitler, Gandhi and the crowds surrounding them.

I despise SJWs and people with huge egos like the Phil "Suck my dick, choke on it" Fish types. I used to think about it like this: I don't brag, because I'm humble. But now I understand that this notion is utter nonsense. The fact of the matter is that you cannot really know — at least not for sure — if it's morality, if it's you being virtuous, before your morality has been put to the test. Not bragging doesn't mean you're humble, in the same way that not abusing power you don't have makes you a good person. Having something to brag about and a crowd that's following you and already waiting, and then choosing not to, means you're humble.

With that in mind, I'd say that what posted is actually detrimental to your efforts of keeping your ego in check. Not only is it a stellar example of calling your cowardice a virtue, but you're also isolating yourself from criticism, which isn't going to end well. Even the biggest cuck over on NeoGaf can raise a valid point of criticism, and so can Ben Kuchera and Anthony Burch. You're doing your work and its fans a disservice by not taking that to heart. Furthermore you're actually inflating your ego way past any reasonable point by doing this. When you outright ignore someone completely like that, what you're basically saying is "Nothing you have to say is worth my time and I already know anything you do anyway, so there's no value in listening to you in the first place." How is that not narcissistic to the core? And you're being told that you should apply that to the millions and millions of gamers out there.

What I did was start to read and not just to improve my own writing. I'm just an idiot, but I'm in luck. There are 7 billion other idiots out there, quite a few of which are less idiotic than I am. I believe there ought to be some value in listening to what they have to say.
So in a way I'm telling you the opposite of what the other user told you. Get out there on social media, because you need that feedback to make your games the best they can be. The only way to keep your ego in check is to wise up, which won't happen if you hide. In fact, it's the opposite that's the case then: You stay a way from Twitter, FB, etc. because you know that you will turn into an asshole then. That's your ego keeping you in check.

A series of pretty damned hard turn-based, tile-based puzzle games.

In summation, its a 2d game about saving the future from being fucked up. It may sound like Chrono Trigger at first, but the threat is nothing at all like Lavos, and there are only 2 or 3 eras visited by the player. Basically, one of the main deities of the world (goddess of order), which are loosely based on mythological entities and concepts, is murdered by the god of chaos, seeking to bring the world back to its primordial state. There's a good bit of lore behind some of the gods at the moment but that's only if you are interested.

streaming some game development
youtube.com/watch?v=r77k3jTErm4

Great point, i guess there is no simple trick, it is really more about having the will to resist it.

I never understood why would anyone want to watch someone programming, thats almost as boring as watching grass grow, good luck on your game user, but i think you are only distracting yourself with this stream.

Airport sounds? Also, this is for a metro/"underground"/sewer area. Could you tell me where you hear the "airport sounds"?

I like that, will try. Thank you!

So do you want to make a game or write a book?

Certainly an interesting read.
Social media has always been a baffling concept to me, as have most things related to human interaction. Quite ironic, considering I'm making a game about the art of conversation.

The issue comes from having to interact with your audience. Considering that making a game might take a couple years, that's a lot of time that you have to keep them at least vaguely engaged. And simple "progress reports" won't be enough for a lot of people, they'll want to know more about "the person behind [insert game here] - another baffling concept to me.
That's where the issues will stem from.

I'd argue that, from experience, people despise my personality for one reason or another, no matter how nice I pretend to be, or if I don't pretend at all.
So, if my concern was people liking me as a person, then I don't see any point to even bother with social media, as they're going to end up hating me one way or another anyway.

But that's not really my concern, nor was it ever. I mentioned later that most people will see my personality as a character, an extension of my game. That's probably the best possible outcome. If that's not the case, well, I'll be despised, just like I expect to be. And nothing of value will be lost.

Polite sage for blogpost.

eh, thats just most of the story to it. It is meant to be gameplay driven, but it doesnt hurt to have a story that's at least decent, which, i hope it ends up being.

Where i come from the metros don't have voiced announcements well, we barely have any metros here anyways

Those are some great points, though i feel like some of the language is too vague.
Been listening to Peterson for the past few weeks while working, he sounds like a great lad.

On another note, I have a noob-tier c# question, when I make a class public in unity, is it public across the whole project? The scene? The folder the script is in? My gut tells me it's the whole project but I'm a slowpoke when it comes to learning programming.

i wish people actually watched it it would be very useful to have someone with you when you program
With that said the reasons i stream are for one it catalogs the game development process as all the videos are automatically uploaded. Also i can see how many hours I actually put in so it works as a motivator of sorts.

Documenting time spent on work is a good idea for motivation, with more visual work like making art assets it's fun to turn them into timelapses.

If it motivates you then keep it up, but if it was me i would end up worrying more if people are enjoying it than if im actually doing quality progress.

Geeze, user. No reason to get so upset. The audio is from a Chinese metro and since I am a Leaf naturally I sample only the Chinese.

It's hard to say something is gameplay driven when there is absolutely no gameplay involved in the description or when the story seems to be there before the gameplay is.

Public inside the entire project.

I know people don't enjoy it and i know there is nothing i can really do to change that
Also talking about what I'm doing kinda helps me think.

I want you to take all that and apply it to "playing games" instead of "making games".

Does it make sense that you NEED to get out there and show people how good you play? Isn't that narcissistic attention seeking?

I seek no approval from the masses. I play my games for my own fulfillment. I make games for fun too. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Not refuting anything you said, but giving you a counter point to balance against. Absolutist statements are for idiots. It's healthy to disengage from group think. Especially for males, since in all mammalian species the males are more introverted naturally and tend to be loners, sometimes extremely so. Women are the extroverted narcissists in general. Don't take my word for it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits#Gender_differences

Awesome, thanks!

Sorry, got a tad bit carried away with the story.
In terms of gameplay, its a bit ahrd to describe it conceptually. I guess you could say its meant to be a mesh of various titles in an effort to make it enjoyable.
The initial impetus was to make it play like any metroidvania, but we wanted it to be a tad bti different. Elements from all sorts of related games are meant to come together
Different ability sets indicated by palette swaps a la megaman.
Different kinds of weapons, from swords and other blunt objects to various futuristic weapons such as Gauss cannons.
Even various pieces of equipment are meant to be available, so as to offer protection from environmental hazards and enemy attacks.

In fact, the scope of this is why I was concerned that Lua programming might not be able to properly do our ideas justice.

There's public and private but also protected and internal and protected internal.

Protected is useful for letting a child class eg override inner workings that should be hidden (such as extensible implementation details). Internal makes it restricted to only the current assembly (for most anons thats the only project theyre making), and abstract defines a class or function which may lack an implementation but cannot be instantiated.

Theres a lot more access modifiers and general keywords, you should look them up even if you'll only ever use a few

Unless you are an asshole towards others, then I'm 99.99% sure that other people don't despise you but instead are completely indifferent towards you and you project your self-hatred onto them.

By pretending to be someone you think would be likable you probably come of as artificial or completely bland, hence indifference towards you.

STOP BULLYING YOURSELF!
t. user, that used to think like you

It's far more likely that you won't do your project justice, your posts smell of first gamedev project syndrome. I'm not telling you to give up your dreams but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you bite off more than you can chew and the last thing you can blame that on is your choice of language. Start with small parts that can stand on their own, see if they're fun to play, then gradually assemble them to a game. Don't be afraid to axe anything that isn't fun or just adds bloat.

Jesus Christmas, user. You talk like a woman on Facebook. Try not to blog post so much and try to onsciously post less if you want to avoid "becoming" an attention whore.

See, there's a good reason to not bother with social media right there.

i think you got 2 anons mixed up, could be wrong tho

We're trying to keep it within possibility. I think what we have now is pretty much all we need conceptually, but I will try harder to heed your advice.

Eldritch laser cheese is the best laser cheese

is there any justifiable reason, beyond stylization, to go low-poly (1k-ish) vs medium-poly (10k-ish) for characters, provided you're actually adding substantial detail when upping the polycount?
i'm at the point where I could add a bunch of detail and resolution that would define my model better, but I'm worried about going overboard and bloating the game with too many polygons. i could alternatively avoid this entirely by making very simplified representations of characters at low polycounts, but at the cost of losing the ability to make smooth curves and fine details.

i realize it depends on the game and how many models are going to be displayed at once, but on an individual model is there a drastic difference in performance between low and medium poly? is it worth worrying about at the cost of mesh definition?
am i wrong in assuming that a good majority of PCs can handle loading a moderate amount of models at once in the 10k-ish poly range?

Performance, though it will only matter if you plan on having a lot of models on screen at once. Whole armies, I mean.

Nah, that's pretty accurate. It's why I say whole armies of models. Really, there isn't much of a reason aside from that, but as long as it looks good, it doesn't matter.

>people from other sites that you posted it on for exposure purposes are lukewarm about it which seems incredibly nice in comparison
Holla Forums is really the only site where I can get actual feedback, instead of "oh thats cool" and dick sucking. I see any activity on other sites as getting exposure for my game, except for this one other site which is cool so I take it seriously too. So, you should only take responses from communities like Holla Forums seriously, because its not Reddit where the negative (read: Honest) responses get buried.

I think its OK to shill your shit on reddit as long as you understand that you aren't there to be a part of the community.

I absolutely despise reddit, its not just the community, its the administration, censorship-happy platforms need to die
If i ever gather a fanbase i will either open a forum or create a board here

Yeah, that's why I think that it is only a place for marketing. Reddit is not a discussion platform, but a feedback loop. When game X comes out and people on reddit talk about it, all you have to do is hide any initial bad responses and suddenly the community will continue hiding them for you, because the people who like the game have the upper hand, so they can hide all criticism. Thus, the only way to escape the loop is to have a lapse where people stop talking about it, at which point it doesn't matter.

I thought this was a great example of someone explaining how the "feedback loop" made doom 4 something that wasn't able to be criticized on reddit: youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw Although he doesn't use the term feedback loop, or make any statements about the shitty site he uses.

I'm really just preaching to the choir here, I would also start my own forum if a game I made became popular enough. as if

fuck, that was the wrong video, i mean this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=scg28IEe_vI

I finished one whole level of the shitty Wolf clone. Someone tell me the level design isn't complete shit.

a.uguu.se/Ysf26J7kpTj0_gs3d.7z

Make even higher poly with details… then make medium or low poly. Bake the high poly details into bumpmaps…

So when is Godot getting better triple dimensional graphics? Currently it's shit.

What did you (anons who are really making a real functional game) study?

Im going to enter a 2000h course about web applications developing, whatever that means, and it's supposed to teach programming (one of the subjects is literally called Programming)

I studied graphic design.

There's nothing you need to go to school and pay money for if you like programming and have the time to play around with it.

It's opens source, user. You can add them yourself!

Grew up with assembler.

You don't need to study shit, just learn features as needed as you go.

No course will prepare you as well as this:

Nothing past high school. Everything is self taught. I can't say I'm amazing at what I do, but I've gotten complimented well enough on what I've posted here, so I think I'm doing fine for myself.

It's good to know people can do games without any important formal studies. But I want to develop a game and I need to get a job, so two birds with one stone. Also the course is free
Thanks for

pretty nice, there seems to be some collision issues with the hexagonal columns though. The level design needs some unique landmarks so that I can figure out where I am, I get lost because everything looks the same. Check out this talk youtu.be/WWXsmnlmADc

I went for a 2 year programming course at Georgian College in 2008 but graduated in 2012. Coop placements were hard to get but I worked at Blackberry for a semester as well as a small local game studio (on a project that got abandoned in XNA; they did just release Gravonaut on iPhone just as I joined them, if you wanna check them out).

Otherwise I did a bunch of hobby programming and modding on various projects. Again while I did nothing substantial, I worked with tConfig while it was a thing in the Terraria community; again another project in XNA I could have done better with.

Anyways now I'm working on my own XNA games and I feel obligated to finish something with it so I can't say I wasted everyone's time.

Also my education sucked. It was all webdev and half our teachers were oncalls from Toronto. Coops were hard to get and I made no meaningful connections (maybe), and $12,000 leafbucks in debt. But I repaid it last year and have no specific debts or bills other than rent and phone. I somehow manage on 15k/yr income part time work

The hexagon blocks whole tile to prevent mob ambushes from activating prematurely but I guess I'll have to fix it or just make wider corridors. Thanks for the video, I'll add something to lead the way towards exit and key.
Blood splats on walls near room mean there's guarded treasure inside, camera means something of importance is in room, lamps lead towards part of level with key and exit and some laser barriers can be destroyed for extra fights and treasure.

Got a few new things. Wall collisions, dust clouds that spawn randomly and a double barrel shotgun that uses revolver sprites for now.

np

Well, take the course, of course, just start small so that you can flex muscles as you go and don't get overwhelmed. C / C++ is still used shitloads in the industry, even on mobile via native interface. You can learn just starting out in any lang, C#, ObjC, Python, JS or Lua or anything really and have skills transfer (except brainfuck or GML). Even level designers will need to tweak scripts, so codan is a levelup.

If you do make it your mission to slog through those games you'll have tangible games to show at every stage of your learning – this is important to staying motivated and not burning out – and you'll get practical experience in a graduated way. Skip some if you feel advanced, but make some of those to put in your portfolio, eh?

Nice progress. When making your dust clouds, consider making a couple nearby each other for a "gust", each delayed a bit from the next.

A strong wind will create lines or "waves" of such dust plumes.

It looks good the way it is, just thought it that was neat trick I saw in a 3D particle engine game. Also, a slight kickback when you fire in the opposite direction, even just 1-2px, would really give the gun some weighty gamefeel.

I know this is Game Maker, so mess around with the hitbox of the player some more. You know when you're moving upwards in that gif? Well, the player stops moving as the hat touches the hitbox, when it should be closer to his feet. He'd be a good foot away from the wall if looking from above.

Oh, and his run animation continues despite him being against a wall. It's a pet peeve of mine, I guess, but that's a sort of joking way of seeing whether a game is good or bad.

Oh, and if you don't have something that sounds like embed related in your game, I will be disappointed.

An addendum to that.
Changing the hitboxes would probably mess with the way enemy projectiles hit you in a way that you wouldn't want.
It might be better to just change the collision coding itself.

Do you have a video or gif of this effect? Having a hard time imagining it.
The kickback is a good idea, I'll try that sometime and see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, I know the upwards collision is incorrect for the perspective. Definitely gotta fine tune it, but I'm happy it works at all.
Also, that's some good music. Finding good western tunes always gives me motivation. I have to admit, I've looked around a lot for smaller musicians who I could potentially hire once I get far enough with this project. There's not a lot of good ones.

Oh, Wild West Dev came along
Consider extending the hitbox for the walls a bit further away from the playable area, so that no joker with some funny exploit can break out of bounds that easily.

How does a prospective slave purchaser know if an ELF has the self-control necessary to not be a huge inconvenience? What makes an ELF a better sex slave than a human?

Because unless ORCs live forever, someone has to produce more of them, and that's supposedly what ELFs are for.

If ORCs have to be ugly for humans to use them as slaves, why don't ELFs have to be ugly for humans to use them as ORC factories?

Noted. I get the feeling as soon as I add the dodge roll I have planned I'll have to deal with that problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9YN4NGe3ds

Try this ^

Strong gusts basically make what you've already got, but bigger. You can use your sprite in a ) wave shape of puffs. Just spawn the puffs in that shape randomly and see if it looks good or not.

Here's some dust against a wall / dune of plants. It likes to swirl in corners and pile a bit then slide along walls.

natureinfocus.blog/2015/01/15/the-wind-blowing-sand-by-rhossili-dunes/

Nvidia showing off
youtube.com/watch?v=RuZQpWo9Qhs

Though you can get good results with just some overlapping sprites moving around.

Gonna hit the hay for now but I'll give these a look tomorrow, thanks.

We've seen these kind of cool things for years, but the physics in videogames never seem to change at all. Developers are not even trying to skin down the technology so that it can be run in a videogame, all the effort goes into rendering high resolution textures and bullshit like that.

Graphics are just something to look at, but physics simulations are actually interactive and makes the game feel fun to play.

One day user, one day.

Anyone know how to fix godot animations imported from blender?

Why would you wanna fix that?

Just leave it in, user. None of our playtesters noticed.

Trips of truth.

We had water density dev somewhere I was helping with the basics…
wrote a paper on fluid simulation once upon a time. I used mocap of foam balls in a wind tunnel to derive accurate parameters then recreate them in a simulated wind tunnel – wouldn't work for games though, it was accurate, not realtime.

The main problem with AAA is console compatibility and they're under powered so that by the time you get a bumpmap+lumination and a lighting solution you're eating up all the power you've got. Can't do it PC side unless PC exclusive (or yesteryear main graphics). AI & physics devs always complain that they have hardly any budget. AI even less so than phys. That you can play anything at all on a console is a small miracle of crazy optimized software production.

The other problem is we need deterministic sims built for gamedev – that means able to quickly rewind in time and apply a patch and smooth over network lag sideffects. All the specialists are doing their little tech demos, but no one's saying, "Fuck that, we have to be able to make it work in a real game". Since AAA is so secretive they don't make needs known until after the fact when they can't even use new tricks. So, there's a disconnect between academic researchers and industry.

If some middleware company like Havok would create the feature, even at a low res, a few games would use it, then we'd get advancement. but good AI, never…

Animation import issues are often due to wrong rotation/postion axis settings on fbx export. Also if you used things like IK features in Blender, you need to convert it into pure bone animation first.

I needs 8 celestial elements, which are made out of the 12 composite elements, which are made out of the 6 base elements
Every combination of the 6 base elements is covered in this system (you cannot repeat an element or group two opposites)

Human slavery was made illegal after the empire united, this is why the first thing the alchemists created was a slave race, because they were mostly nobles who got too used to having slaves.

A pretty elf has two uses, an ugly elf has one use, why make something that is less versatile on purpose if there is nothing to gain from it?

Why does the player need 26 elements?

Why are ORCs ugly, if humans don't need them to be ugly to use them as slaves?

Just came here to say you got talent fam.. You're going for some deus ex 1 kinda feel right?

Why is being self aware such a fucking challenge for people these days? Examine what you type, listen to what you say, and evaluate yourself, just like you would anything or anyone else. Why should you exempt judgement from yourself?

And your game could remain elusive and obscure.. You're missing a good avenue of publicity if you care enough about that kind of thing

that happens because the armature modifier gets applied before export
change your character to it's default pose before exporting

To have more magic options
You can read what each of them do here
fablesoflaetus.com/lore3/
except for the 8 celestials, im writing them this sunday

So that humans don't sympathize with them easy and can work them to the bone without feeling bad
Orcs and Elves are different kinds of slave

Not that guy, but i guess Orcs looks aren't important because they're used for hard manual labour and war where looks don't matter, while elf slaves are used for light manual labour and prostitution, therefore looks are important.

I fucking hate Indians more than anything else in this world. They shit up everything. Now, they could poison their water supply and murder their infants all they want, and I'd leave them alone, but they have the audacity to try and ruin the internet. One billion subhumans. Some of them speak a bastardized form of Engilsh and some humans are stupid enough to allow them to communicate. There's nothing they won't fuck up if you let them near it.

Holla Forums, is that you?

If some faggot on imgur can viral his gamedev attempts and get to the frontpage, why can't you?

imgur.com/gallery/HPnum

Because imgur is cancer and I'd rather no one who uses it experience my game.

I didn't even know that was possible.

Any programmer who has to go out into the world has had to deal with Indians, if you haven't met any then you are a slav or lucky

i'm too busy staing up till 5 am trying to figure out why my multithread program runs slower than a singlethread one
no time to gamedev

That game looks unbearably dull

What the fuck.

/thread!

this is the best way possible

I know others have mentioned it, but you know that creating a thread has a good bit of overhead, right? Not every problem has a multithreaded solution; you'd need a huge complex thing to make parallel processing an advantage, like some kind of physics simulator with tens of thousands of particles, or else something that relies on concurrency (like polling a webpage or database while doing something else)

Don't let it get you down. If this is what that retard and his shitty game can accomplish with a little luck and marketing, imagine what you can do with your own.

the fuck are you on about? I make half the agdg threads and it has ZERO overhead

well i'm checking the start time after i've created/started the threads

hi, I'm the nigga (attempting) doing a battle city clone using godot. I'm been busy with studies and protesting but At least at long last i got collisions to work, currently it only cares if the center of the tank is colliding with the other tank, however. and I know how to fix that, having an offset for the left and right side(when going up and down), etc. but, having 2 bodies and 2 collision shapes I can't help but think there must be a much better way to handle this
world = get_world_2d().get_direct_space_state() var above = world.intersect_point(get_node("tank").get_pos() - Vector2(0, tank_size.y/2) + Vector2(0, -2)) var below = world.intersect_point(get_node("tank").get_pos() + Vector2(0, tank_size.y/2) + Vector2(0, 2)) var left = world.intersect_point(get_node("tank").get_pos() - Vector2(tank_size.x/2, 0) + Vector2(-2, 0)) var right = world.intersect_point(get_node("tank").get_pos() + Vector2(tank_size.x/2, 0) + Vector2(2, 0)) the pertinent code, where any of the 4 above variables not being empty means there's something ahead and blocks movement in that direction

Simple things attract simple minds, and as far as phone games/casual games go, this could get pretty popular too.

That's 11 attack elements by my count:
Fire, Ice, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Thunder, Ray, Lightning, Glass, and Gun-like attacks (from thunder or lightning).
Does a player really need that many direct-attack options in a life simulator? I don't actually see any mention of combat in your description of your game. Even in a combat-heavy game, that would be a lot of damage types to keep track of.

Make the tank nodes KinematicBody2Ds and add a CollisionShape2D to them.

The character creation screen is mostly done. I also added ammo and item throwing, and fixed a few bugs.

Shit, I remember playing that game all the time when I was younger, do you have any pics?

yeah, I had done that already

I have nothing really done, basically my priority is

and I shouldn't be butting into other people's game when they aren't asking for opinions, but i feel the space between letters makes it a bit awkward to read

The elements are most worldbuilding for now, im going to reuse this same universe in pretty much all my games, i don't want to retcon and leave plot holes later by addings/removing stuff when needed, also only 3 elements are able to heal, prism, ray and flora i want healing to be rare and scarce.
Future games that will be more combat focused will be action oriented, based on dodging/parrying instead of outhealing damage as some sort of damage sponge.

Multithreading
I don't even know if you are serious or not

alright, here's another brilliant idea that's probably not gonna achieve anything
i create the submatrices in the main thread, and only calculate results of the size 2 matrices in the other threads
that way there's no time wasted making objects in any of the threads, they just have the most primitive of operations to do
although i have no idea if this is in any way better than just letting each thread make it's own objects
won't bother trying it today since it's late

well it's not exactly the same, but I implemented matrix multiplication both sequential and with multithreading(which was really two threads in which one handled the first half of the matrix and the other thread the second half) and I can say that for tiny matrices sequential was a LOT faster, this will probably be the same in your case unless you are working with big matrices

Where's a decent place to find an artist? I have a good idea of the sort of game I'm going for, and I'd like to bounce ideas off someone. None of my friends are into game development and I'd rather not try and do everything myself.

with a size 3-5 matrix 1 thread always works faster for me
6 or higher can go either way, but it's almost never faster
tried size 10, but that's taking too long to get a result, so i'm gonna try that when i actually know shit works correctly

do it yourself, mind as well be ready for when your dev career fails :^)

I found one here, post what you need and you will eventually get someone, but don't expect to find someone who works for free.

Maybe I'll just keep posting updates like I've been doing and try to entice an impressionable young trap.

what a fag

But it's available at basic skill in Prism. And from the sound of it, anyone who wants to be a professional healer is gonna go full Prism.

Heck, if it only takes a week or two to become a Novice Arcusmancer and start using Prism magic, every professional army is gonna make that part of their basic training.

I'd like to think that a novice has a pretty good chance of instantly killing their subject

That fixed it, thanks.

You could use the functions is_colliding() and get_collider():
godot.readthedocs.io/en/stable/classes/class_kinematicbody2d.html

In my next game the player will probably play as some sort of human/face homunculus that can use all elements, but you will have to unlock them like megaman unlocks powers

This is implying you have the natural affinity to mix Light and Water successfully

Mages that can actually use composite elements are rare, most mages are single element

human/fae*

Oh yes, this project again
imgur.com/gallery/JhSoj

How long does it take for a person to find out if they have an affinity for an element? For someone with multiple affinities, is the second harder to discover than the first?

thank you, bb

For humans often happens at childhood/teens
Children with strong fire affinity often require special lecturing so they don't burn their houses
Strong affinity is hereditary, so parents know what they can expect but rare deviations can occur.

The way you have it, you're still creating and destroying a whole bunch of threads. That's slow.

The idea of the thread pool is to not keep creating and destroying threads, but to have a set of threads that are started up, and do not die until you're done. You don't create thousands of threads, just 4 or 20 or something, 100 or 200 max. These threads do work and then hand the work back to the main thread but stay alive and wait for a new batch of work. The process of killing and spawning a new thread has a HUGE time cost. So, you pay that cost only at the start of the program, then reuse the threads many times to keep processing more batches.

Fortunately, there happens to be a concurrent API for thread pools, you don't have to roll your own. Unfortunately this means you'll be rewriting code. However, it should be cleaner this way when said and done:

package project;import java.util.Locale;import java.util.Random;import java.util.Scanner;import java.io.File;import java.io.FileNotFoundException;import java.io.PrintWriter;// docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ExecutorService.htmlimport java.util.concurrent.*;public class test { ExecutorService determinator1000; // possible args // -n 13 - size 13, elements are randomly generated // -i m3x-data.in - matrix and size are stored in a text file m3x-data.in // -o m3x-data.out - result of matrix is stored in a text file m3x-data.out // -t 3 - specify how many threads will be running // -q - don't print whenever a thread starts/stops, only print how long it // took for the whole process public static int predictProcesses(int x) { return (x == 2 ? 1 : x * predictProcesses(x - 1)); } public static void main(String[] args) { Matrix matrix = null; int size = 0; int inputMethod = 0; // need this to know which input method to exclude, if both are in the // args // 0 means it hasn't it been input yet // 1 for random // 2 for text file String outputFile = ""; // won't save if it's still "" int threadMax = 1; double result = 0; boolean quiet = false; Random r = new Random(); for (int i = 0; i < args.length; i += 2) { // input random elements into the matrix // Note: Removed switch for compliance with IcedTea6. String arg = args[i]; if ( arg == "-n" ) { if (inputMethod == 0) { size = Integer.parseInt(args[i + 1]); matrix = new Matrix(size); for (int p = 0; p < size; p++) { for (int d = 0; d < size; d++) { int Low = 10; int High = 100; int Result = r.nextInt(High - Low) + Low; matrix.SetElement(Result, p, d); } } inputMethod = 1; } break; } // input elements into the matrix from a text file else if ( arg == "-i" ) { if (inputMethod == 0) { File file = new File(args[i + 1]); try { Scanner input = new Scanner(file).useLocale(Locale.US); size = input.nextInt(); matrix = new Matrix(size); for (int p = 0; p < size; p++) { for (int d = 0; d < size; d++) { matrix.SetElement(input.nextDouble(), p, d); } } input.close(); } catch (FileNotFoundException e) { e.printStackTrace(); } inputMethod = 2; } break; } // output file else if ( arg == "-o" ) { outputFile = args[i + 1]; break; } // set thread count else if ( arg == "-t" ) { threadMax = Integer.parseInt(args[i + 1]); //Matrix.threadMax = threadMax; break; } // quiet or not else if ( arg == "-q" ) { quiet = true; break; } } // Create a new executor for N threads. This handles all your threading stuff. determinator1000 = ExecutorService.newFixedThreadPool( threadMax ); // Now you just implement a collection of objects. See the API for ExecutorService.// ... snip ...

but that is how i'm doing it
i make n threads at the start, and they keep running (waiting if their que is empty) until there's nothing left to do
in test
for (int i = 0; i < threadMax; i++) { ThreadedMatrix p = new ThreadedMatrix(quiet, i); Thread t = new Thread(p); p.thisThread = t; Matrix.threadedMatrices.add(p); }
and later stopping them
if (finish && Matrix.matricesToBeProcessed .size() == 0 /* && Matrix.numberOfProcesses == 0 */) { for (ThreadedMatrix thread : Matrix.threadedMatrices) { synchronized (thread.thisThread) { thread.finished = true; thread.thisThread.notify(); } } break; }
all the threads are running nearly until the end of the program, no threads are being created/destroyed dynamically

here's a MSDN link about access levels in c#
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/classes-and-structs/access-modifiers
tl;dr, user is right, public is public to everything. protected is useful if you want subclasses to have access to something. don't worry about internal, imo it's not worth worrying about.

yeah, ignore what i said and go with this post, that's a solid explanation. (it's certainly more clear than m$'s documentation)

I like to recommend beginners look at operators and keywords, too.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Sharp_Programming/Keywords
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Sharp_Programming/Operators

Take it or leave it. I can't spend anymore time on the problem. A Matrix shouldn't be both data and a thread runnable, it's data.

ExecutorService.invokeAll( ... ); // pass in your List of objects which implement Callable. List invokeAll(Collection

Also, this isn't directly related to your problem, more of a side note, and I don't know if Java behaves the same way, but with XNA/MonoGame (C#), they provide a Matrix structure as well.

In terms of how its designed, it's a mutable struct, which is generally a bad design choice. A struct should also be 16 bytes or smaller for good performance (eg when passing it to a function or copying its value), but it consists of 16 floats - which is 64 bytes of data. Since XNA does graphics and math transforms with matrices and quaternions and works with the graphics card, it needs to be fast and work with floating points.

In most cases, you'd probably want a class/reference type instead, but since it's being used literally as a value and with heavy math operations they did a bunch of optimizations. Just sayin'

Hey, thanks man. The game takes place in a massive cyberpunk city based off of the real world Kowloon city. It focuses heavily on exploration and movement with enemies being more based around tactics than bullet sponging.
It's not just me alone working on it I have a programmer friend and this is our brainchild of sorts.
It's heavily inspired by old 90's anime as well as classic cyberpunk works like Technomancer and Deus Ex.
The game gives you one objective as of now (though those who have followed this realize we retcon ideas as lot) which is to find the end of the city. Your encounters with people, their lives, and the expansive world itself follow crafting your own surreal story amidst an unending cyber hell where no one remembers a world before.
Fighting big things like mechs with an anti-tank rifle is planned but for now the focus is laying down assets and making the world. We don't even have the first level done, after all.

ART

Okay, so let's say I have my 2,000 objects with different positions, all sorted and shit. What's the best way to select an arbitrary region and find all the objects that lie inside?

I'm going to update all of them in reverse sequence, but I need to only do like 400 at max when drawing. Or should I draw them as I update them, that way I only traverse the array once? That might not work because other objects might kill/override them in some way.

Also, the positions are a ushort, which means there's no real XY semantic, so the region isn't really a "rectangle" but a series of lines

Just looking for ideas

you can use a quadtree, so every time you go to a smaller node, you eliminate 75% of all the possible area, which is pretty good. the downside is that this is not for any region, but a bunch of predefined ones.

if you're drawing them all every frame than what order doesnt matter. if you only need to draw some of them use a quadtree to find out which ones you cant see…

The fastest way would be to have a .next pointer which points to a next object (so you can make a singly linked list out of objects). Then have 65536 pointers. NULL == no objects. Otherwise you have an object and its .next is the next object in that region. When you move an object between regions you unlink it from the list (keep a ref to the prior node in the bucked so you can point its next as the object's next, thus removing it from the bucket. Then you look up the next region by index in your big array (which is, 512KiB on 64bit systems).

Another way is to keep the items in a sorted list structure. Then use the list.find() function or do a binary search: Start at the middle of the list, look at an element, see if it sorts higher or lower, and jump to the mid section of the left or right half. Repeat until you zero in on the item you want. With a max of 65536, worst case scenario it takes you 15 divisions to find your item. The list might use such a feature internally.

Another way is to store the objects in a hash-map. The hash map will naturally have buckets, like the giant array method. Except the hash map has far less buckets. Keys are hashed to determine which bucket a given value should be found in. If more than one items occupies the bucket, iterate those in that bucket and find the one you're looking for (or render them all).

The Hash map will take less space, and offer similar performance O(1) effective, average case access [ but O(n) as a contrived worst case. ].

The data structure for organizing X/Y would be called a quad tree (or octree if you want to go X/Y/Z).

nice trips
I think you need to resort (by distance to player) them every time so you can know which are the 400 nearest objects, but that would be suicide…
Sorry no ideas here

I'll have a "camera" of sorts that tracks the player (or other entity) so it will always keep a view of whatever objects in frame. So I'll know the bounds, but I want something better than this:
for(int y = Camera.Bounds.Top; y < Camera.Bounds.Bottom; y++) for(int x = Camera.Bounds.Left; x < Camera.Bounds.Right; x++) { var obj = Operations.GameState.GetEntity(x, y); if (obj != null) { // Draw object } }
I mean it works but it could be better, y'know?

Also, does my laser beam look too derivative? I mean it's obviously a remake of what they did, but in better resolution

I'm using C#'s SortedList to organize my objects since they sort on insert and I can reinsert them as they move around; the most important feature is to iterate it from [n..0] based on position (which I have accomplished).

repeat after me:
Quad
Tree

Nah. People were looking to make agdg-tan and I happen to drop by. It's breddy damn fun if I might say so.

I got a little bit better at drawing and character design, Skyrim-style progression. You? Being a little bitch.

they're right that it looks dumb. if you could draw anime's correctly then sure

His line of reasoning is still correct. If you were really good at playing games (let's say competitively or speedrunning), the same concepts still apply. People would take notice, and you would have to keep your ego in check to reduce narcissistic tendencies. And you don't NEED to show people how good you are at playing games, but without doing so you can't know if you'd ever be narcissistic about it.

You say you seek no approval from the masses, but then again, how would you know without putting yourself out there? If you played games in isolation, and no one knew about your skill, would you be happy about that? Of course not. You'd want to be recognized by others, it's human nature that people want to be recognized for their skills and talents.

What?

At least it's a clone and it comes very close to the atmosphere. I would play it and probably even buy it, especially because i love the 90s cyberpunk. I don't know why but to me the dirty 90s cyberpunk where everything seemed grungy, abundand and crammed feels much more comfy than the newer futuristic, minimalistic and clean cyberpunk.

Anyone know where I can find a set of test textures/models for unity? Just checkered 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, cubes or stuff like that.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy.

So far so good, the hard part comes now, I will turn those socks onto actual feet so I will have a full base for sculpting, edge loops while not full on detailed seem good enough for sculpting and smoothing, I'll have to add maybe a mouth interior and eye sockets.

W H Y

Whatever, good enough.

Nice, totally forgot about this, i already wanted to playtest it years ago. Thanks for reminding me.

Take a look at pic related, legs should go up even more "curve like" to the hips for cleaner weightpainting and animation of leg movement, even more so for female characters.
Also in case you didn't already have this:
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Limb_Topology

Thanks, I will re-check all of those later.

I was able to program the console buffer to make itself change the size of the text buffer based on how big the window is. This makes it much better for printing things because now I can make sure that the characters are displayed at a readable size, and the prints to the console wrap around accordingly, so nothing is lost. I can now read the text at the lowest video mode (320x200) even though it only has a 22x9 text buffer, so I don't have a lot that I can see. I'm going to work on console input next.

Here's where I'm at now.

Finalized my palette, so I need to redo my old sprites. Worked on lasers a bit, basically depending on how the beam enters/exits a tile, I'll construct it piecewise out of random jaggy pieces and vary it a few times a second. It should look pretty nice. Also did up some moving floor tiles again, had less colors so gradient was harder to do.

Do you think it would be overkill to have lighting effects as an optional graphics setting? Just smaller things like glows and shit

Wolfenstein clone progresses, map 2 is almost finished. I need to place few more ambushes and it will be done.

1569 harl hofler

whats the difference between an ambush and a surprise ambush? aren't all ambushes surprise ambushes?

The ambushers didn't know they were ambushing.

Indeed.

Depending on how you want to track them you can put elements into multiple data structures. At the outset you claimed it important to iterate from [n..0], but didn't specify your requirement to access any element at x,y or as a short.

Requirements taken together I would implement a quad tree:

You can drill down to any position and find the nodes. Once you are at a node on screen you can walk back up to a parent and then back down to an adjacent child. Once you have the reference to the final node N node (or keep a reference to it as a minor optimization), then you would iterate to the left across the nodes.

Iterating across nodes in a quad tree is much faster because the node knows where it is, it's parent node can be used to quickly access the next adjacent node. You don't have to to drill back down through the whole tree each time you want the next node. And you get the benefit of everything staying spatially sorted too.

if you're at the bottom right node N;

// Get next node to the leftcurrent = N;...current = current.parent.lowerLeftNode;

If you gave the nodes a ushort each representing their upper left child node, then you could use that info to jump to any position in the tree quickly. Finding a cell of a distance less than (TreeDepth / 2); you would navigate adjacently via parent nodes. Distances larger than (TreeDepth / 2) you would drill down through the tree again:
quadTree.getLeafNodeXY( x, y ); // because finding any node is max TreeDepth steps, 8 steps in a 256x256 tree.

Your original specification didn't state this.

Now, if you don't want to use the QuadTree for some reason. Then just use the collection API to find the element of the list matching the ushort key. It's not as optimal as Quad tree, as it will take 16 iterations at most internally to find your node (vs quad tree 8 initial and 1.5 steps average to get adjacent nodes, or 4 steps average to get next non empty node to the left.

See the docs:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections.sortedlist(v=vs.110).aspx

TL;DR: Use your SortedList API. Going forward implement a quad tree, as they're the best data structure for storing huge 2D gameworlds.

Surprise ambush is ambush you didn't expect after the normal ambush when you were getting ready for another ambush in the next room after dealing with the ambush in previous room.

You're making assumptions that my ego is inflatable, or that it naturally tends to some direction in the face of attention or praise. While it may be true for some (esp. women), it's not true for others, esp. the self aware. Some are not slaves to their primal drives, few are actually born that way and others have to work at if if they so choose.

The first problem is assuming that I have ever gave a fuck about what others think – especially the unwashed masses.

Let's say I make the next blockbuster amazing game. It's an assumption to think I wouldn't just go about living as I always do, thinking my last game was full of shit and that I could do much better if I did it again. Most creators, especially those of highest objective skill, think critically of their performance. The wise are immune to the fool's scorn and praise.

The problem is with the foolish notion that everyone is the same. If you're giving advice to someone, check what level they're on. How much of a slave are they to their primal drives? I can indeed tell whether I would be affected by heaps of adoration or reviled by the masses. Not everyone could do so, sep. those who wallow in the ignorant bliss of immediate sensation.

Everyone's judgment of my work or play is not equally valuable. I consider my achievement vs past skill, and define goals myself. That means I may sacrifice some aspect in favor of another. Experts have more learned estimations and would recognize the sacrifice. Consider the demoscene. There are 8bit demos that the average plebian would scoff at but which hundreds of thousands of experts at 8bit demos would cheer for in amazement. Only a moron would average the two and use that as their measure of achievement. Now, consider an expert audience of one…

I am the ultimate expert at the projects I create. A fool will decry lack of feature, but I will know the sacrifice made to achieve another area of improvement.

If you think everyone is the same, opinion disregarded. Not everyone starts off from the same level of awareness; There are ranges between opposites that individuals exist upon. General advice for playing the game of life is worthless if it ignores what level you're on. Academic morons love to think in female terms, promoting feminization of the cultural mind so that the populace is more easily ruled – seeking the approval of others is a female trait. Males just do what they want and face the consequences.

TL;DR: I'm not a bitch. Appeals to bitchiness don't work on me. More people should be like this, but few are. Always the answer is more awareness.

Yeah, user, I think we can infer a lot about how you'll act towards fame already.

I don't think you have to worry about your ego inflating much more than it already has.

Does it open up a new tab for anyone else when they quote a post? It's fucking retarded.

Wew lad, and I thought I was kinda egoistic and attention whore-ish.
Realize this, user. Those people you just shittalked? They're going to be your fucking audience. You are worthless in the public sphere without them. So, user, what your game IS does not matter, and what you ARE does not matter either. What matters is how the public perceives you and your game, how they'll describe it to their friends. They, these unwashed masses, are going to be the difference between 50 sales and 5000 sales. These are the faggots that are paying your fucking bills. I don't care how little you think of them, they, in this regard, are more important than you are, because they make or break you.

I've stated several times, in several posts in various threads, and even as underlying subtext to my game as a whole, my contempt and disgust with the way society operates, with their acceptance of things that should not be tolerated. But motherfucker, I wouldn't say that I'm above them in any regard. Hell, their blissfully ignorant nature means that they'll live much happier lives than I ever could. I'd kill for that.

It just says: I have self control and don't give a fuck what ignorant people think.

What a plebian way to value one's self. My worth isn't predicated on the views of others.

If you're going to start with that "public sphere" shit then we might as well address political reality, not some hypothetical popularity contest you're trying to win.

If you aren't approved of by the media controllers you aren't going to get publicity. Plebs fall for FlappyBirds and Crossy Road etc. thinking they're popular when devs actually paid for downloads on all app stores, even XBL market place. And then their journalist friends praise shit games to legitimize their apparent success.

If being worth something in the eyes of the clueless masses is your goal then make shit games and pay for downloads, and get in the media (propagandist) clique.

This doesn't work the way you think, or #GG wouldn't have happened.

If they are like me, then they'll like what I make. If they aren't like me then I won't please them and I won't care about whether the outcome is successful.

I linked you to a video about the demoscene. I create games for the same reason I created demos. People don't get paid for making demos, and yet the scene lives on. Why is that? If you can figure this out then you'll understand my point of view.

Nope. Wrong assumption again.

Jesus Christ you're more up your own as than Yandev. I don't even entirely disagree with you but fuck me if you're not as big a faggot as that Argentinian weeaboo.

Hitler dubs confirm.

Woah, lets slow down on the faggotry and post progress, shall we?
I can't right now, at work

I too know the pain of having to do shit whilst wanting to make game. I stayed up until 5:00AM last night fixing a lighting bug in source that somehow broke every light in the Kowloon thus making no real progress.

No fun, out of context snippets of conversation maps to post. It's all serious stuff that doesn't make any sense out of context.
You can have this, I guess.

Yes, 8ch is QUALITY software.

Better than having no progress due to procrastination, keep it up bro

At least you are doing something, im stuck in office…

It's why I have a notepad app and a UML editor on my phone - so I can take notes and try to do some quick convo maps if I come up with anything good while not at home.

When im really inspited i write something very fast and email to myself, but right now the boss is nearby

Yeah, my job is not one that lets me really do much in terms of game stuff, but I come up with stuff quite frequently when I go outside, on walks and stuff.

I wasn't prepared for this

Just finished removing all warnings from 12.75 thousand lines of code. It was one file because I used the "single source optimization" trick to get the compiler to squeeze it down under 64K for the compo. Apparently I didn't save the individual source file version from back then.

Now to start porting some of its features into my new engine.

a.uguu.se/rJnusAhtk5K7_gs3d.7z
New version of the shitty Wolf clone, 3 levels complete, new weapon, new enemy, menus, help and level intro screens skip them with escape.
It's actually starting to look not shit but I'm not sure about the difficulty balance.

Anyways, you are half correct and half wrong.
Baseless scorn and praise is ignorable, however legit criticism and marketing is important to a developer to strives for success. Except you're fine with releasing shitgames that won't ever sell more than 5 copies, than you're ok.

Probably just a misunderstanding due to out of context, and english not being first language, Since you repeated the same thing I said.

Context of this is a counterpoint to this crap:

which was a response to 9001% faggot:

Not sure why this is allowed, but since faggots were posting about it have 2 cents.

I stand by my statements: Answer is to learn self control through raising level of your self awareness. Disengage from the social media circus that feeds attention whoreism, and stop giving a fuck about other people so much that you whore for their attention. If you need help, there are entire religions dedicated to mastery and transformation of the lower self…

protip: Don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about me. That doesn't mean I don't care about other people (seemingly seeking advince for how to stop being attention whores), at least enough to inform them they don't have to play the socially engineered game. If posting that shit makes me sound like a faggot to others, so be it. IDGAF. See?

At least you addressed the talking points not the individual, like the other morons.

If you want to boost sales then you buy downloads. This is known. Pretending the game isn't rigged at this point is dumb as fuck. Even in this thread there's complaining about shit games getting viral attention. It's not all organic.
blackhatworld.com/seo/where-to-buy-app-downloads-reviews-ratings.653506/

You want to talk about "marketing" then drop the act that quality counts. 2 words: Flappy Bird.
bluecloudsolutions.com/blog/flappy-birds-smoke-mirrors-scamming-app-store/

All the journos were saying how it just managed to hit some imaginary sweet spot which made the game a huge success. Suck a dick if you think that's true because you're a huge faggot. This was my point. I'll make the game the way I want because "what consumers want" is just to play what everyone else is seemingly playing, even if 1/2 the ones "playing" are downloader bots. So, I disreguard pandering to such fools – they will buy whatever shit gets viraled by guerrilla marketing and say it's good. How can I care what the masses think? Prove their opinion has relevance when it can be bought? Make the best game that I like to play so that other people who don't have shit taste will like it. The plebs will play fucking anything, so they do not fucking matter. As evidence analyze Flappy Bird. Research enough and you will see why it was taken down from the app store for being too popular: It was a shit game to test a marketing botfarm, and got too successful.

TL;DR: You are not your game. Let your game make social media posts. You do not need to be on social media as a person. If you're afraid of being an attention whore then simply do not exist as a social media identity.

How do these new bricks look?

youtube.com/watch?v=DWnPWygJEyM

I want it. Badly.

whoops forgot to embed.
sage because I'm a FUCKING RETARD.

Pretty good, shading is nice.

unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases
grab 5.6.1p1 to fix that issue.

How does this look for water?
I made the tiles each have a different offset in the animation so it look more dynamic, but now the edges of the crests don't quite match up. I think it looks fine, though.

How can I get OBS to record pixel perfect screencaps, it keeps blurring my shit

You must be mistaken, this issue was fixed 2 years ago, 8 months ago, and 2 months ago.

And they broke it again in the last major version.

Probably because they keep bringing diversity hires onto their engine team

I redid the skulls

For anyone that's been having that shitty reply issue, here's a fix. Put it in the custom user JS thing.

var allLinks = document.links;
for(var i=0; i

Well that's new, thanks for the fix.

I just rewrote my event system to be cross platform, and incorporate some non-cross-platform code from my demoscene days that compresses events using delta encoding. Why compress events? It was so I could record camera or mouse movements and play them back - record a machinima performance rather than just programatic movements. Had to be small because compo restriction on file size. This will be good for netplay too.

I was processing Win32 events and X11 events separately, generating generic application level events. But I want to use my code with different applications; An editor will want different events than game. So, now I have an event translator that converts low level events into a standard event, and a masking system for the events an application is interested in, and a priority queue to reduce input lag of input events, shaved off 800 micro sec on this rig, remove 2ms lag from midrange tester toaster. Every millsec counts.

It's drudgery, but progress. I had to iron that out before working on computing collisions with a picking ray. Before I had center of screen be the ray, this was easy because pick ray is just camera position and look direction. But that means you have to move camera to pick / shoot objects, as if there were crosshairs. I want to be able to click anywhere and find what's under the cursor.

IIRC Metroid prime did something like this, but the decompile of that game showed it had an in game "shoot ray" attached to a 3D billboard "cursor" sprite ahead of the camera, and the player moved the joystick it would move the weapon's aim, and player would see the cursor move until it appeared on screen in the correct angle to shoot at. Mouse control works the opposite way: Specify 2D coord, and then find the 3D segment which represents that point. Inverse camera space transform will give a screen to world coord result, but this is not always possible because not all matrices have inverses, and I plan on using some interesting view matrices for effects. Besides, this is a physics task which must run headless so I can compute shoot rays / pick rays for network players based on only their inputs.

Thread has been past bump limit for a long time. Get it and post progress if want it so bad. If too expensive you can make the weaboo waifu of your dreams in any engine. Those features are not exclusive to Live2D. It's cell shade 3Dmodel with 2D billboard sprites for mouth / eyes / etc. No big deal. Any engine that can into sprites and 3D should do it, like blender game engine or godot, for example only. A simple 2D way would use parallax layers.

If you need help immigrating those features to a poorfag engine, post progress of your game and I'll give you specifics of how the effects are done.

Why do Live2Ds never post progress? They're not sending their best.
Is it because they lack just the price of a cup of coffee? You can help save the Live2D posters from nodev for just pennies a day:

OBS = Open Broadcast System?
I found this:
obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/

My game has demo record and playback. I output a bunch of screenshots while playing back a demo. demo is deterministic, not tied to wall time but phys tick, so if it takes too long to render a scene then it doesn't matter, it just goes slower. When rendering out a video, it typically plays through faster than real time. I feed the screenshots into ffmpeg through pipe of game's stdout to make video. This makes best possible quality video, can even be 100% quality of game screen if you want, because I'm not capturing video in realtime. I can also generate a folder full of thousands of fram0001.png frame0002.png, etc. then call ffmpeg on those, but that eats disk like mad.

Typically realtime recorder: more quality = less frames per sec. Try reducing FPS to up quality? Not sure how with OBS.

much nicer. Matches the quality of the gems better now.

IMO the bricks, sand and arrow blocks aren't up to the same level detail. You can do it! The me that believes in you, believes you can.

Thanks.

TFW, no poo is in loo. No TP in street. Don't shake hand of Pajeet.

I will post it in the next thread if this one dies before I can finish it.

I wasn't quiiite ready to redo the skulls yet. I don't know if I'm going to keep them forward facing or not.
I also need to redo the gems slightly so that they have rotation animations

Well OBS outputs to .flv (flash video) format when you save it to a local file. Not sure if there's a way to change that, but it doesn't strike me as a lossless format. It does look a bit better after checking a box for one of the options, though looking at it again in VLC and not scaling video to fit the player seemed to help a bit too. I dunno.

Also

worry.jpg

Back away slowly. Their vision is based on movement.

Posting more topology after fixing it on the hip area, the face is OK for sculpting I think, only the feet remaining I hope, oh, the ears also need some work on them too.

Good stuff, complete progress report tomorrow

Looks good. You're getting there mate, however you seem to break your "circles" a lot. Like at the eye, instead of having a full circle you have one quad that is pointing out at the nose.

fixing.

What's the meaning of the word static?

I want to use this in my writing, but engrish is not my mother tongue (I know it well enough, but it confuses in parts). Of course static in programming is unchanging, fixed, not moving. Then static is also chaos and randomness too, as in TV static or the radio was tuned to static, or ants crawled like static over the corpse, etc.

What am I missing? Is the word changed over time? Can it mean anything? If stable and chaos then "static" means everything? She had a walk that made men go static. I tried to reason but he was coming at me like static. Too much static you can't bullseye a womprat. Aim, hold your breath to be static as possible, count heartbeats and fire between them. Every Saturday morning is static, the same cartoon, the same Rice Crispies, making the same static sounds.

I think I can use it OK, but then I try: "Carrot" is such a static answer! I asked you how your day was not what you ate.
or: Just give me the first thing from the toolbox, it doesn't matter what tool you pick, it's static; See, pliers are hammers too. It's said these aren't right, but I don't know why.

random inspiration vid that reminded me of topologydev

Fixed, I think.

The way you know the difference is this: is static being used as an adjective? Then it means something that is not changing. If static is being used as a noun then it is referring to the static on the TV and radio.
Ex:
"I can see static" : static here is a noun. This means that you can see the static like static on a TV.

"The pole is static" : static here is an adjective. I am using the word static to describe the pole. Thus, I am saying that the pole is not changing.

You use the word in an awkward way. You should only use the word static as an adjective when talking about a specific object. You should not use the word static when describing something more abstract, like the experience of Saturday morning.

"The door was static, despite my efforts to open it." is not awkward.

"He was coming at me like static" is awkward. You are not talking about an object, you are using the word static to describe an action. This is confusing because static describes a lack of action, so the reader has to take the time to realize that the adjective is used to describe the state that the subject ("He") was in and not the subject itself.

You also do not say "like static". you are using static as a verb now which is an invalid usage because static does not mean anything as a verb.

Static noise doesn't imply static is randomness, that noise is called static because it's the earth's own electrical interference, it's always there, thus it's static.
If you manually create interference yourself that causes a TV to go white noise, calling that static would be wrong (although a lot of people still would do so probably).

Noise is unwanted texture in a digital or analog signal.

static and noise mean the same thing when talking about signals, I didn't want to bring it up because this is another confusing word maybe, after all it works the same way as static

C++ with SDL

far out dude

But fuck if that doesn't just look CRISP

I thought I was using it as a noun in the predicate there. Like can be construction of static. Let me try to use it as chaos in an adjective: "Our argument continued and the Radio hissed loudly. Her words were static to my ears as well."

"The TV is static".

Look at the sentence "I never said she took the money"
The meaning of it changes entirely depending on which word gets stressed.

Looks like you've figured out some of the secret. You can be really creative with the language if you are good (native? probably) or at least understand people being clever. This is why different foreigners have their own distinct styles when trying to speak it.

However, english has rules when we want it too ;0

Got my laser effect mostly implemented how I want it to be

>The level also has a separate Grid enum (which is backed by a byte), which contains the laser's state for the tile

I need to also draw it to a separate texture and use some blending magic so that only the brightest pixel gets drawn; that'll fix the overlapping beams problem and make it look better, but that's strictly a cosmetic thing

I made an engine tan for my game engine. This is Sigma II - Tan!
she isnt finished, but neither is the game engine so its OK

what do you guys think?

I havent drawn anything in years

Just use Sigmario

>Attach furshit meme mascot to your engine/language
>R34 guarantees porn which means traffic and interest

Thanks for reminding me to make my main character a critter of some sort
Or better yet, customizable with pieces you earn from playing the game

i want my mascot to be a grill

thank you for your suggestion i will draw her with cat ears next time

Combine -tans and projects. Now, THIS, is progress racing.

There had better be a new thread in the morning

Sorry user, this is the last thread. Enjoy it while it lasts.

RIP /agdg/, taken from us too soon ;_;

>the only comfy place that doesn't want me dead is now gone
Welp, time to kill myself, I guess.
you cunts aren't allowed to die, fuck you

niggers.

I added command line arguments, which use a tilda instead of ";" like how you would type it in the in-game console. This works differently from normal programs but I don't care since I have one function that will process everything from the in-game CLI, the command line args, and the config files now

I realized that the ~ terminator style was avoidable because the same code can be used like:
~cmd arg ~cmd arg as well as cmd arg~ cmd arg~ cmd arg

so, i changed it to - and it works fine, and people are used to this style as well so its better