What kind of headset do you use Holla Forums? Thinking about getting this guy since it's on sale

What kind of headset do you use Holla Forums? Thinking about getting this guy since it's on sale.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/news/brain-magnets-decrease-faith-in-god-religion-immigrants-a6695291.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sound quality is shit on those. You'd honestly be better off saving for headphones with noise cancellation and a desk mic.

That's currently what I have. I have the Sennheisers and a Snowball. The problem is it's inconvenient as fuck because if you use the default stand the snowball comes with, it shakes your mic whenever you type and annoys the shit out of everyone. I have it on a mic stand, but it gets in the way of my second monitor, and there's no good way to position it so it's not in the way.

top pleb

just go search up a /mu/ or /g/ headphones chart

This

I had a pair before i switched to just having headphones and a desk mic.

That part in the picture breaks extremely easily. I would just save your money for a good pair of headphones.

I use a pair of glowing cat ear headphones because I'm a gigantic faggot. The audio input and output quality is decent and the microphone detaches if that's your kind of thing. The ears have an optional speaker function if you want to be a douche bag and just blast your music for everyone to hear. They're nice, just don't wear them outside the house.

You better be cute, fag.

these are really fucking gay, those magnets are going to ensure you at least will never reproduce.
independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/news/brain-magnets-decrease-faith-in-god-religion-immigrants-a6695291.html

Don't worry, the design will already do that.

DON'T BUY THOSE HEADPHONES
Unless you are an ultra pleb who never had anything besides $15 stereo headphones, you will find that the quality is extremely sub-par. They're also cheap china shit that I had to get replaced replace twice in 2 & 1/2 years, and they also require you to download their gaymen software to get driver updates.

Logitech headsets have garbage drivers. Plantronics gamecom is the best headset ive used though.

…and just when i though there couldn't be anybody gayer than OP

Nah, I have 300$ speakers.

Sentey Arches GS-4730/4731, but they're out of production and scalpers have picked up on that. I got my pair for $40 new but nowadays they go for around $60 pre-owned. Comfiest and best headset I've ever had, though.

Sony MDR7506 headphones and a cheap detachable headset mic I got from a friend. The mic is attached to some extension thing I had sitting around so that I can actually speak into it.

They're cute but also extremely gay.
If you're cute then I would fug while you had them on.

I've been told that I look like Bruce Campbell as a greaser, so take that for what it's worth.

I've been looking into the whole "magnets in headphones will fuck with your brain" fiasco. I'm not completely sold on it because it sounds like the old "cellphones will give you brain cancer" theory, but I'm still looking into it. Thanks for the article.

No, browsing Holla Forums will assure I never reproduce.

it's more the unshielded magnets in speakers tbqh

You should avoid headsets that have a simulated 5.1 or 7.1, they're cancer.
I have an Astro A40.

these things have survived constant near daily use for 7 years. I've had a few other headphones that cost $100+ and none of them survived even 2 years.

They look like shit, but that doesn't bother me and I could always replace the cups and head cushion. They sound just as good as the day I got them.

I use a Hyper Cloud X II. I think that's the name, anyway. I got them refurbished for $40, they're pretty good.
I also won free wireless Beats headphones at a raffle at a college party the other day, those are also good. I wouldn't recommend buying them because they're
400 FUCKING DOLLARS
but they are good.

Speakers>headphones>trash> headsets

Been running these for years, highly recommend.
Get a cheap desk mic because as soon as it's stuck to a headset it's either "gaymer gear" or call center shit with terrible audio response.

I have a pair of the Superlux HD668B, would strongly recommend them if you want stupidly good budget headphones and don't mind semi-open designs.

only plebs use headsets

Sounds super kyoot!~

This is what I'm using. I've been meaning to try out big ass cans after I updated my module amp.
What do you recommend, Holla Forums? I'm saving up for Rhapsodio Solars, an IEM, but if you can find something better, I'll give it a try.

An Analog one so I can use it with more devices than my PC.

Everyone knows I sit with the cool kids.

I've yet to find anything that beats Sony MDR-CD60's or MDR-101's. But I have learned that Sennheiser can't be remotely trusted because even their $60 headphones are subpar as fuck.

I know this is bait but god damn

I also have the AT2020 but it picks up the neighbors talking to each other across the street.

$60? Those are some cheap fucking Sennheisers.

True. There's also a cool mic from AntLion that you can clip to a headset. I have one on my Sennheiser HD 555.

You are subhuman

Wasn't there a big stink being thrown around after it was found out that those speakers/headphone were ripped off of a nip drawing that had a cute girl wearing them from years ago?

Bought these for 20$ while I was in India
Surprisingly good sound quality and noise cancellation. Almost no leakage too.
There is some gimmicky vibration effect which can be toggled and it can get uncomfortable with prolonged use(1+ hours) though

Unless you're a retarded goy, you get a fucking real pair of headphones. I bought the ATH-AD700X at release when I was in Japan and I've yet to find a reason to upgrade. I also use an ATR2500-USB on a desk arm.

I have this mic it is p nice for 50$, i had to put tape over the fucking blinding bright blue LED

Shit taste.

everyone knows you don't buy headsets, get yourself nice headphones and any old desk-mic

fuck off, nigger.

I know nothing about the fine aspects of audio but these sound really good when I use em. Leakage isn't a big problem because I keep the volume fairly low.

It's just stupid putting speakers on a headset but they look fun and I kinda want to try them even though I have a perfectly serviceable pair. Any audiophiles here to say how they sound?

I don't know a single person who didn't put tape over it, it's terrible design. Thankfully that's basically the only thing wrong with it and it has great sound quality for the price.

If their headphones under $100 aren't even acceptable their top range is probably alright at best

If you're going to buy a daki, may as well go all out.

My brother broke two of those like says before he got sick of them and got a different headset. They're shit.

I had a HyperX Cloud II for a bit, but after a year and a half the right ear stopped working. I would have had to pay half the original cost in shipping to get the thing fixed even with the warranty, so I just bought a new set of headphones.

I'm using an AKG K240 right now. Same price as a headset like the Cloud II and sounds much better.
I never play multiplayer and I have no friends, so a microphone is a waste of money for me.

I… guess? I've heard some good things about Sennheisers, honestly, though everyone I've talked to has agreed that they're fucking expensive. Better Sennheiser than Bose, though.

I've been mulling over saving up for a proper "audiophile" setup, or at least a decent pocket amp and a decent headset. I probably wouldn't go Sennheiser, but I'm not really sure what other brands to look at.

What are some good wireless headsets? I have had a logitech g930 serve me pretty well for two years now (still works fine) but I'd like to know my options.

Fuck off furlotes

Your best bet is to try headphones before you buy them, if at all possible. The internet isn't a reliable source for headphones advice. It's also a total crapshoot because a $15 pair could wildly outperform a $100 pair, even coming from the same fucking manufacturer.

Currently using some Beyerdynamic DT990 I got on amazon black friday deal, insanely comfortable for long use.
Before that I used Audio Technica AD700.
I'd like to try Sennheiser 650 but massdrop still hasn't redone their 6XX collab although I hear there's some jewery afoot with cables maybe I'll just wait for a deal on 650's

Average /cuteboys/ poster.jpg

It is easy to repair tho
Just jam it in.
I think
I remember i put it back on somehow.

I just use normal headphones,the ones i use are the sennheiser hd205

This, that fucking shit broke on me in like a month. Logitech is fucking trash, don't waste your money OP.

I use headphones, they're way cheaper, plus my Blue Yeti is way better than any headset mic.

Some cheap piece of shit from the cheap-piece-of-shit store. Works just fine and surprisingly the mic isn't a potato either.

A funky combination of "actually looks kind of funny" and "please never wear this out in public".
But then again, you kinda look like a fag with headphones on in public anyway.

Bought these 3 years ago when they were on sale for a tenner and never had a problem with them.

I'm about to get those Superlux HD668b, my Beyerdynamic DT880's right driver stopped working.

I use this headset. I'm pretty sure it's an overall good headset, too.

A few years ago I got bought a used Plantronics Gamecom 780 on the cheap. Didn't sound all that great at first, which is why I figure it got returned, but then I downloaded the drivers and switched to the "7.1 surround sound" mode and it was totally worth it.
The mic on this thing is way better than I thought it was going to be, too. Best part is that the headset doesn't crush my glasses frames against my head and give me a headache.

I use a nice pair of headphones and a desktop mic, I haven't used a headset since I was a teenager.

Don't waste your money on gamer gear, it's all a kike invention.

Get a good set of cans and a mic boom.

You truly are a retard, aren't you OP?
A $40 pair of headphones absolutely wrecks any headset that costs $90 or even $120. Wireless, 5.1, 7.1, etc are scams that sound like cancer and look edgy.
You want quality sound that anally rapes any 500$ "gaming" headset? Then go buy a pair of $120 headphones if you're feeling cheap, a simple amplifier and nake sure your motherboard wasn't made in the 90s. Then go make fun of any monkey that wasted more than $20 on a worthless "gaming" headset.

I personally use the Denon AH-D1000 that cost around $110. They sound beautiful and are light as a feather. They destroy any gaming headset created ever and that's without even using an amplifier. To get a headset that sounds as good as them you'd probably have to waste over $300.

No, fuck no. Get a good pair of studio headphones, ATH-M50x would be my recommendation or the M40x. Then get a modmic so you have good sound quality for everything and good enough mic quality for gaymen, plus you get the added benefit of not having a mic on your headphones 24/7.

I've been using pic related for a while now, it was only about $5. You don't need to spend a ton on audio devices, especially not on gamer headsets.

buy the most cheapest mic and drop whatever budget on headphones or speakers.

Kill yourself.

Quick question, i don't know how to really explain it, but my mic's (cheap one) signal gets mixed when there's a lot of audio output from my computer.
My voice gets cut when there's a lot of noise (shooting, explosions, music…), but now comes the fun part: it also happens even if i mute my speakers.
Any ideas?

Where the hell can you find a pair of MDR-V6s for 70 bucks now? They're all 100 that I can find.

I had those superlux, and they are fucking amazing value for money. Also they usually get discounted on amazon.

Using this thing here. I expected it to be a lot more bassier, but I guess that's what you get for a 40 dollar value. At least the rest of its sound is nice. I could definitely do better, though.

wrap the cord around/inside one of those ferrite beads

Used ebay, 30 dollars for mine.
A family member got hers for 30 also.

Follow the guide and get some aftermarket ear pads. Even the chinesium memory foam ones are good.

Thats a negative?

I'm somewhat repulsed by the idea of buying a used headset

It's an MDR-V6
Everything that touches the head can be replaced.
You spend 30 on the headset and another 20 to replace the soft bits.

The Monoprice over-ear headphones. They're cheap, they sound great, their cable is just a 1/8" generic stereo cable, and their pads are easily replaceable and compatible with a lot of brands. For $30 I don't think I'll have to buy new headphones for 20 years.

I use Sehnhiser HD 202 and a desk mic. Very nice sound quality.

sony xb 450 cheap af and gud enough.

OP Don't do it. I owned a pair, is exactly my problem. They shattered within a year. Do yourself a favor and buy some Steelseries Siberia Elite. Suspension based, lots of metal, and the sound quality is passable if not outright decent.

That's an interesting way to spell niggers.

Someone from Holla Forums said that a 25$ pair of studio headphones from Tascam was a good cheap pair. They were right, they have 50mm drivers, whatever that meant, but everything was more pronounced and clearer and it was neat to re-listen to all my favorite music.

I'm wanting to get these.

Are these worth getting?

Dont buy headsets, ever. Keep your headphones and your mic separate.

Triton AX Pro. Anything with "simulated" surround sound instead of speakers for each channel is pure trash.

Does anyone here just use earbuds? Headphones tickle the shit out of my ears and distracts me.

Sennheiser 598

Swivel speakers for maximum comfort. Detachable mic and the metal height adjustments make it ==DURABLE==.

I use my Soundmagic E10Ss usually. Great audio quality and still going strong after 2 years.

This image is five years old.

Everything above the 681s should be replaced by the Phillips SHP9500s

Turtle Beach Elite 800s because they have blue tooth and active noise cancellation. Also I'm a total pleb when it comes to shit like this and I didn't feel like doing a lot of research into it and had had nothing but good experiences with my other 2 sets of TB headphones.

is this better than the $30 ones on there?

No, you moron.

ATH 550. These things still feel and sound great.

My niggers. I am using HD201.

ITT: Fags who get absolutely fuck ass mad when regular people buy standard headsets instead of muh 300$ headset+desk mic combo

whats the material that covers your ears in these?
i had sponge covered in this plastic leather thingy once and my ears, my whole head on the sides pretty much, was so sweaty i had to take a shower every time before i wanted to go out.
after switching to senhaisers that had just a sponge covered with some regular material, problem was gone

Yeah that's my only problem with them, which is why I rate them 4 stars.
However, I've owned a lot of the plastic leather ones before, and they did make me sweat alot, but these ones don't make me sweat as much. Maybe from 90% of the time I was sweating to only 10% of the time, and thats only if my house gets hot or my fan is broke or some shit.

I bought these around Christmas. Daily use with no wear and tear that i can see. Came with extra set of ear muff covers.

When trying to play vidya with friends, yes.

Get the sennheiser 598s when they go on sale for $90during black friday.

I got these for about 120 dollars. Tell me how much of a faggot I am.

WHO GIVES A FUCK

my cloud 2 headset came with extra velour pads and they feel much better than the pleather ones

Whats the problem with headsets with mics? Especially ones you can mute they're better than constantly being audible by everyone seeing as I'm very shy so background sound such as me breathing sniffling when sick or general outside ambiance makes me anxious

Can vouch for the HD668Bs, very good sound quality for almost fucking nothing. Super good value.

I used to use those until I bought a pair of headphones and a separate, $3 mic with better quality in both the mic and speakers.

Are you serious? Fuck me, I got the cheaper pack that just had the headset. That's just shy 16 bucks for muffs. I'll probably get those when either these earmuffs wear out or the headset breaks.

Oho no babe, you got it all wrong, you see the best things for communication is having a sound blaster.
Mic barely matters unless your s.t.upid enough to be using stock audio on your motherboard.

most shit has push to talk son, no need for a headset that once one thing breaks you become s.o.l.

Gay forced meme.

I use third pic related
They had the best sound-for-cost at the store I went to. The wire is short and the ear padding is flaking, but I kinda like em