Rising storm 2 vietnam

so, is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=09AoSDKT4PQ
incountrygame.com/
volafile.org/r/HF33Go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck if I know, their new anti-cheat shit kept dropping my connection so I never played a round.

Why is it still using Unreal 3? Why does an AK kill in one shot but an M14 two? Why does the M14 have no full-auto? Why are all the maps just linear meat grinders or just so small it's boring? Why does the game only have 8 fucking maps? Why is the playerbase so fucking horrendous to interact with? Why does the game install some third-party anti-cheat malware on my PC? Why is bulletdrop so utterly fucked? Why does this feel like a mod? Why do I know you're from fucking cuckchan?

It looks like it should be fun, but wasn't. Dunno if I'm just cynical, but I wanted to like it.

Top notch atmosphere, but still pretty much a reskin of the previous game in every other regard

Does the Vietnam userbase participate in the mandatory RP shitposting? 40 year old Brooklyn men screaming "Monkey-fucking gooks" and outstanding Japanese impressions depending on which side they're on is what keeps me coming back to Rising Storm.

if you do you get banned, everyone in the game is pozzed as fuck.

When I played it was a definite yes. Although, I do believe that it was just with a bunch of other Holla Forums users as things kinda turned very "inside" jokey at points. So take that into consideration.

No, it's basically irredeemable. It's essenntially call of duty multiplayer in jungle, except with fucked up hit-reg, prettier graphics and with three good maps.

Red Orchestra 1 + Darkest Hour

Red Orchestra 2 + Rising Storm

So, yeah… fuck paying top shekels for what is essentially a mod of a game that was worse than its predecessor in every way. Fuck Tripwire

because tripwire won a free license to unreal 2.5 and unreal 3 when they won the MSU contest with the original red orchestra over a decade ago. They obviously haven't done much with either, and UE4 requires they re-learn everything again.

I like it, didn't really have any problems with it

It was pretty good, I remember in the beta talking about how niggers are gooks turned inside out.

It was okay, but I didn't think it was anything great. Kind of buggy and barely any maps too. Definitely not worth spending money on.

Map amount sucks but i'm having fun, i'd say the worst thing about the game is the people you play with. Don't listen, play roles, make marks etc. Other than that most of the criticism is that it is a COD version of RO2 but from what I have seen in this thread and before that RO2 was already CODified so it's CODx2? I like it but alot of this stuff about TWI is surprising never heard of it, good to know.

I played a match where a bunch of us were VC pretending to be Leftypol using their shitty memes towards the end of the round when our commander fucked us and artied OUR fucking position literally wiping out our entire fucking team.

is it like insurgency where you have to smoke grenade through all your spawn tickets cuz fuck that

how so?

fucking christ.

i just want a decent military shooter that isn't full-sim

SOME FOLK ARE BORN

gooks are koreans, the slang for japanese was japs. gooks originated during korean war.

it's okay. can be lots of fun if you're playing like a dirty VC faglord, setting tripwire traps, punji pits and shooting down helicopters i shot down seven helicopters in my last match and it never stops feeling good. it's not much fun when you're playing as america because every single point is being camped by VC in the jungle who you can't see, ever. it doesn't feel like red orchestra where you'd be like "there's a building, I should be careful of that, i bet there's a sniper in there", it's "they could be literally everywhere and probably are". it might be realistic and atmospheric but balance-wise it feels kinda shitty, at least until you start napalming those gook fucks

not enough maps, hitcode is still kinda wonky (although way better than beta), VC have the distinct advantage and it honestly doesn't feel fair. when there's about five more maps at least it'll be worth it i think, but then again i unironically liked red orchestra 2

It's actually ridiculously good. I played the Beta and they pretty much fixed everything. It's a good price for what it is. I'm a grizzled old RO vet, played RO1, DH, RO2 and RS. Thousands of hours over many years. It's got great immersion.

There's a few bad things.

Arty is still WAY too loud, same with spooky. I blew speakers during the beta. Turning up speakers for footsteps then arty BOOM BOOM BOOM. Oh shit. Also aiming is still fucky. Like, I was prone and shooting at a guy, all my shots went in the dirt instead of at him and there wasn't a reason for it. This only happened once so far though.

I haven't been banned yet. I always talk about gooks in the wire.

VC are charlie

There was this fucking guy in the beta whose username was John F Kennedy. He'd play commander, as the VC he'd put on the most horrendous Vietnamese impression and on the American side he'd talk in an almost spot on JFK impression. It was fucking hilarious.

He bombed friendlies because he called in Napalm on an enemy point, then as the bombs were dropping the friendlies ran in, killing a bunch of them. I told him, Mr President what did you do! You killed them. Then he gave a speech on how he takes full on responsibility as our commander.

I'm still mad about KF2, I spent 600 hours in the first phases of the EA when it was actually a good game, and then they just shit all over it
never giving these fucks another cent

There's plenty of ridiculous people that play this game.

He did nothing wrong.

Man, I used to play the shit out of BFBC2 Vietnam when it was big. The people you would get were fucking hilarious.

$20 as a launch price ain't top shekels.

Goddamn, maybe its a joke?
They said they wanted to make their own game, it they wanted to say they were dead wouldn't it be said on their main page as well?

It happens but mainly everyone just pretends they're Mark Wahlberg

Somehow, flying a helicopter in this game is WORSE than flying one in Operation Flashpoint, which came out like 17 years ago.

vid related

And no, the game isn't that great.
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm was free a while ago and that's a lot better than RS2. Artillery is fucking annoying and it feels more like Battlefield in 'Nam than Red Orchestra.

Yet it still feels too much for a such a half assed product as RS2.

Why is this game so inconsistent with damage modelling? What are they even trying to do with this game? On one hand they try to make it somewhat realistic, but on other hand they shove arcade elements in it

Webm it if you really like it for some reason.

That's exactly the "philosophy" behind RO2 and RS1.

Use hooktube.
hooktube.com/watch?v=09AoSDKT4PQ

some folks

ARE BORN TO RAISE THE FLAG

OOOHHH THEY'RE RIGHT WHITE AND BLUE

RUN THROUGH THE 90s

it aint me

GI GO HOME

What is the point of folding stocks, fucking up the ironsights in exchange for better hipfire control? Same for removable bayonets, does keeping it on reduce move speed or slow down weapon handling? Would also appreciate a tip on taking out whirly birds, are there weakpoints?

man I can't imagine the kind of fucked up shit those 1st cavalry guys saw, it's still amazing they can still get a laugh out of it.

Kill yourself you fucking retard

Webm is too long, should only be a snipped of Heartman asking Joker if he sucks dicks.

what fucking APC?

Get the fuck out, filtered and reported

Fuck, I meant Cowboy
They're both bald and use glasses, fuckoff, its been a while.

friend, did you actually play the fucking game?

APCs aren't in the fucking game you fucking retard.
Cuckchan niggers are too easy to spot, get the fuck out of here.

Obviously not, why would an APC go up through a hilly fucking forest in the first place

look at the first post in the thread

I'm still mad the ithica shotgun got nerfed hard

Nigger I haven't even touched the game and I know theres no land vehicles ignore the retard trying to fit in.

Reminder

I play pointman every chance I get and I'm still racking up kills with it. I think they might have reduce the range slightly but I managed to kill a guy from 40m with number 4 buck loaded. The duckbill is my go-to though, that thing just fucking shreds gooks.

I love pointman, with the smokes we're many times more useful than the regular riflemen.
People don't use the smokes nearly as often as they should though.

Also, played in the beta, and the shotgun had a tighter cone. Now its so much wider, that firing 00 at about… 50/60m missed 4 shots before getting ak'd.

it irritates me to no end that they never bothered fixing the M3A1, that thing is a pile of garbage. The sights are the worst i've ever seen, the gun fires much slower than the real life gun, and it sounds like some fucking rubber clappers slapping together instead of an actual gun.

And even with all this, it still takes 3 shots to down someone with it.

What counters the fucking VC SL tunnel mobile spawn points?
Is it the helis?

Meant deployable

spotter planes will mark them, hit T to show it, and you just chuck a grenade in the hole or press f to pay respects on it.

helis can break them though.

Oh shit nice, actually better though out than I expected from TripJews lackeys.

I think the only benefit to folding a stock is a faster run speed. That 1 point bonus with the Ak with the fold stock probably is only there when it is folded. Its really not worth it at all. No idea about bayonets but I wish there was an option to auto have it on. For heli's small arms fire could really fuck them up if the blades are hit. Hitting the pilot is also of course a way, most rifles with good aim can do it.

Pretty much any explosives or just walk up to them and press the key is says. The hard part is finding them but once they are marked they are pretty fucked.

folding the stock allows for faster aiming, and removes the vision obscuring effects for better situational awareness, it's good for when you're in cramped spaces.

The bayonets when they're attached causes more muzzle sway.

Ah okay thanks that helps.

So not subscribing to Holla Forums's brand of nationalism makes you a cuck? Wew.

would you guys consider led zeppelin to be nam' music? I'm trying to make a playlist and the only albums I got on there right now are surrealistic pillow and willy and the poor boys.

Yes. Being a redditor also helps.

Right then. I'll come back to this question when you'll be crying "TRUMP IS NOT STARTING DAY OF THE ROPE REEEEE" out on the streets.

I think you should come back to reddit along with your idol.

I disagree with Holla Forums's view on nationalism because I distrust Nazis as much as I hate Commies.

Yes, Led Zep is Vietnam music

Shut up casstap.

RO2RS Banzai charges and flamethrower are among the most fun mechanics there is in a FPS.

Everyone is progressing cautiously shooting accurately, suddenly 5-6 autists run around with bayonets/katana out and everyone is panicking.
It never actually works but it's fun as hell.
Even if the whole team does it, melee and flamethrower/MG damage aren't affected by the buff.

A lot of criticism can be made against RO2, but Rising storm is a fun game to play.

This too.

https:// www.reddit.com/user/insurgentdude/

>check incountrygame.com/
Well shit, looks like they didn't survive going standalone either.

Are you serious?
Banzai wrecks shit up so long as your team actually understands how it works.

All of them looke the same. Why does it matter?

Go home gook

>can't fly choppers because I only ever fly with these and I can't bind them in game
TW plz fix this shit, seriously.

The only reason i still play Rising storm1/2 or Red orchestra 2 is because of the community, it's mostly Holla Forumslacks so great bants happen.

I'm scared of playing anything but standard rifleman. Does marksman have any huge responsibilities? I know it's 'nam and all but I don't want to get yelled at

Roles that matter:
Team Leader - run the show
Squad Leader - keep your guys spawning near the front and mark arty targets
Radioman - hang around TL and keep him safe
Pointman / Scout - use fucking smoke to cover the approach, if you have smoke fucking use it

Other than these the rest really don't matter. Of course a competent MG can win a defense but it's not as important as the rest.

Even more retardedly, they bound up and down to two retarded key settings that are tied to foot movement, anyone with crouch as c gets pretty fucked.

Marky Mark is Vietnam Era.

lmao you need to get out of your house once in a while
that's like saying mexicans and irish look the exact same

>It never actually works
>Banzai wrecks shit up so long as your team actually understands how it works.

You do realize you're making my point for me, yes?

I like it

I have over 1gig of nam music to put you in the mood for killing VC right here
volafile.org/r/HF33Go
Folder is called nam

Bump

How do I play Radioman?

Stay close to your commander, you function as a mobile point for calling artillery, support, and intel.

At the very bet I've gotten 5 person banzai charges.
I really dont understand the people who see the circus go by and just decide to stay prone in a ditch while being useless faggots.

Arent most of the radio locations pretty good so why use it? Unless all of your squad leaders are useless people who dont mark arti locations etc.
I never play commander or squad leader so I dont know if that happens often.

The radio locations are far back near spawn. A mobile commander can mark better than any SL can because he knows exactly what he needs. He can also help in the fight if he's at the front lines and can get a better idea of if the artillery will hit friendlies, the enemy, or nothing. As long as the commander is communicating well with SL's, the radioman doesn't help that much, but he's doomed with the communication with and the participation of the SL's.

It's not quite that. In the case of RS2, the president is a devout Christian and asked that the swearing be toned down. I don't know of any other things of the sort that have affected the game.

Correction:
but he's doomed without the communication with and the participation of the SL's.

Begging SLs for marks is basically most of what you do as commander.

I dont care, i play for the game not for the devs, the devs could be literaly satan, as long i enjoy the game i dont give a fuck

RPG guy - camp the LZs.

Does anyone know what the purple smoke does?

Does it not mark like the binoculars?

Marks target without using binocular

No.

Marks for artillery