Games with the shittest checkpoint system possible

I'll start with pic related

defend this. Also give some other examples.

How come newer vidya doesn't let you the option of saving whenever you want without a shit checkpoint system in between? do normalfags like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

cclusterchan.gq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll post the polar opposite.

okay, try playing adom and losing 100 hours to "RNG bullshit"

There isn't much to defend about MGS5 aside from maybe the controls feeling okay.

kojimmer gets canned, bikini swimsuits get added to singleplayer

Git gud

Fuck off, gitgud, and stop being a normalfag cuck

You wouldn't need a checkpoint system if you would just git gud

Demon's Souls

You know, that's techincally impossible without the bare minimum of D-Horse and a high ranked Launcher capable of two shotting the helo , because the" ZAKU RED-I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Peacewalker Mi-24D Custom " that spawns on Extreme will absolutely sodomize your anus once the level goes loud.

There's no checkpoint because it's a simple one and done mission. There's no time for being extra sneaky if you want to get all the tanks and you -have- to go loud once the Heli shows up.
It's extremely easy and there's better missions to self impose a challenge on.

The biggest bullshit in MGS5 is that there's no New Game + that allows you to replay the entire game with your neato gadgets you unlocked.
That's not the same, you can't replay the mini and side missions that appear.

Doesn't MGSV generally activate a checkpoint when you move to a different area? That's what happens in most missions and in the open world anyway, but I don't remember that specific mission very well.

Anyway, I'll just point out Nier Automata, which has one of the most obnoxious checkpoint systems I've ever seen.
The "Souls-like" pacing and runbacks don't fit this kind of high-octane action game, and the idea of losing all your chips and having to pick them up is terrible, you might as well just save the game at every save station and reload every time you die to get your shit back, so this renders the whole fucking system pointless to begin with!
What Souls games do on the other hand is constantly save your progress, so there's no going around the fact that you lost your souls. I'm sorry, but either Platinum or Taro had no idea what they were doing with this one.

no john you are the normalfag

No I specifically remember that mission because of how absolute ass it was for it's checkpoints. Every other mission has checkpoints but this one single mission. Which would be fine if the game bothered to tell you it didn't have checkpoints, but it doesn't. You find out when something goes wrong and chances are that will happen around the 15 minute mark. By the time I got the S rating for it, I knew by memory every troop position and movement on that mission and was laying traps for their advancement before they ever spawned.

There were missions in that game where I genuinely believed I should have to start over, but got a checkpoint instead.Then you come to expect checkpoints, mission even acts like it gives you a checkpoint (might have been supposed to and they screwed it up). Then you die thinking owe well checkpoint, only to be staring blankly at your screen as you are standing at the starting point.

you've really missed the point of the game, haven't you? Probably playing a pirated copy. kys faggot, you missed out on half the game.

And no, I played this on PS4.

Come back here and say that when you beat this game.

It has a pretty good checkpoint system though. You get extra lives as you make progress.

you don't even need D-horse, just deploy near the end of the road where you can ambush most of them. Get a rifle from somebody in the yakubo outpost, return to the ambush position and get behind some cover, with a well timed shoot the armored vehicles stop, giving you time to extract them. Then you can capture the truck with the prisoner and use as blockade for the rest of the vehicles, as well as transporting to catch the last 2 vehicles before time runs out.

Dunno about the copter thing because I wanted to leave that for the end but I had the idea of destroying it with the rocket launcher you get from one of the optional objectives

basically this. It's pretty bad that I've played the game a lot and I still don't know what to expect in terms of checkpoints. When you think you have figured out how they work, then some shit happens and back to square one

forgot to mention another instance of bad checkpoint (lack of) system that the game has; The War Economy. It's fine except when you want to make the objective consisting in listening to all the conversations. You have to wait 15-20 minutes to get it all, in most boring fashion, and if you fuck up near the end, bam, you have to repeat it all, and no chance of using the cigar because you'll most likely mess up the timing

then there are other timed missions where you get fucked not by lack of checkpoints but excess of them, leaving you in undesired situations most of the time. Whole system is a mess

We should make another thread about games with shit ranking system, and MGSV would top it again. Stealth game; easiest way to get S-rank is speedrunning through missions, not caring about combat alerts and whatsoever. Try to do all objectives in The War Economy mission in one try, without alerts and kills, and you get the awesome reward of an A-rank because the objectives took too long and you couldn't do anything about. Just shite

Replaying hours of a hard game is normal.
git gud.

even for the hardest game ever, you need to know what to expect, some sort of consistency. I bet you love RNG in non-RPG games too

I've tried that. It doesn't have enough ammo nor enough damage to even scratch ZAKU RED. It's better to bring your own on Extreme.

Jesus christ don't fucking remind me, I actually got spotted post patch replaying that mission.
Pre-Patch, the guards would just tell D-dog to fuck off if they saw him wondering around
Post-Patch, these niggers go into mini alert if they see D-dog.

Anyway.
My rank for every mission is either Octopus or fucking Foxhound- Once I learned you needed the lethal animal ranks I had a shit of fury because fuck, I suck at lethal combat in MGS5 and it just sucks the fun out of my stockholm syndrome simulator if I'm killing my potential victims.

Oh here's a cool story for you bros.

You're cancer. These missions are basically challenges that are meant to be completed on the first try with an S rank. Fuck ups are not allowed. Games that forgive the players for being retards are one of the many things wrong with vidya nowadays.

Because everyone abuses it and sues it to act like a retard and then go back to the previous checkpoint like nothing happened.

git gud

Fucking all of them
It's my right to savescum.

The boss rush in viewtiful joe was soul numbing.

Also creates checkpoints when you order combat deployments for your mercs on jobs, when you switch buddies etc. Can act as a form as quicksave if you're feeling nervous.

Isn't that after you get to the next level.

I saw James Rolfe on James and Mike Mondays complained about the checkpoint of Comix Zone. He was pretty disappointed because of that one flaw because he like the game, except for that aspect of it.

the NG+ knocks it down to 3 checkpoints per level

In addition to the Launcher you can get from the back of the truck for the optional objective, there's another one in the truck parked in front of the outpost that you can pick up anytime.

Back Up Back Down is the only mission in the entire game without checkpoints because it's a time-based mission where you're trying to destroy/capture as much as possible.

I don't know, I have a propensity for downing helis with the kampfpistol.

You deserve to be on the boat.

Max Payne 3

Fuck this cinematic piece of trash. Go make a movie R*.

DKC2

Games should only have checkpoints when you go to sleep or after you complete a mission and its makes sense in the lore of the game that there are no threats around or imminent. On Phantom Pain you should only be able to save on the MB, fuck you casual.

Basically, when shit gets real by the end game, you wouldnt be able to save, so only people that got GUD could finish the game.

I only didnt play The Witcher on that "you die its game over" mode because its a fucking rpg and they arent skill based(and looking back i only died to the special red grifith when i went exploring with the minimap turned off and didnt gave a fuck about the giant skull in his name indicating that he was way over my level)

Every Rockstar game is the same trash, i was actually surprised they didnt fuck it up more.

Worst checkpoint system I could remember.

cclusterchan.gq
cclusterchan.gq

cclusterchan.gq

cclusterchan.gq

Right on bud
But can't you spammers get newer images, it's the same one i saw 8 years ago

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee had such an awful savepoint system that the sequel introduced quicksaving to remedy it.
Now if only the Steam version could remedy the bugs in it…

I actually was thinking that just yesterday. The games acts all damn proud of itself at the beginning flaunting it doesn't have autosave, but actually playing it, it's obvious manual save points don't actually fit the damn thing. It's pure lel hardcore wank.

Oh so now it's no longer just ending E that's always online? I swear, automatafags' defense moves the goalposts all the time.

Git gud

Lack of manual saves is trully one of the worst fuck ups of this game.

MGSV is just intensifying my autism.

The only MGS game I ever returned.

It's probably the smallest problem nuDOOM has

Maybe you need to stop being a retarded beaner and afford a good internet plan.