MIDNIGHT ANIMAL

What the fuck happened? When did it turn into a shitty top-down gorier Persona game? What the FUCK?

I fucked up the other thread. I didn't show the name of the game in the subject and first OP pic out of 3 was a reaction image. My bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/cR19K
archive.is/VFoV5
archive.is/VWRDK
mega.nz/#!HRRyQSxb!NeiiyBYRBudOjlSkBOb_zfYjVZuD3Xh6YHP0DyYLQf0
discordapp.com/invite/wnW3tjU
steamcommunity.com/app/453800/discussions/0/2741975115068720229/?ctp=3
archive.is/jBwcC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Faggot

Ooor I legitimately fucked up the first thread?
Faggot

I wonder what will be beard's persona

You know if you wanna add plot at least keep it short and sweet

At least it has a comfy as hell menu, least in the demo

That is Persona by all accounts. What's the guy's background, did he even show any predisposition to purse owner when he started the project?

The dev is a bandwagoning faggot that hopped onto the latest popular game and missed the point of what made Hotline Miami fun

All there was to go on was this trailer from early 2016, no persona here.

It's hard to believe this is now this.

Almost all the character-art is traced from Persona art to boot, last I checked.

What exactly is wrong with it trying to be more of its own thing instead of just a level pack for Hotline Miami?

Because it's not its own thing. It's just Persona. It also makes its initial advertising a complete lie. It's also shit.

It not that we have a problem with its own thing, we're mad because it looked like something really cool and interesting with the first trailer, then it turned into a shitty romance Persona drama weeabo interactive novel.

This tbh

wew

You know, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with this if the main character didn't look like a dainty pretty boy idol faggot and looked more like a harden bastard like Batou.

Sage isn't a downvote.

I wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't called Midnight Animal.

That's hotline miami in general tbh, the trailers for the first game made it look much better than the game actually was.

He literally traced the art from Persona 5

It's easy to get confused when most people seem to think it's a shitpost/"I disagree" button lately

True, I would be less pissed if he had traced the art of an actual good game.

Is it meant to be it's own game? Or is it just a mod for Hotline Miami? I figure it would have a lot more problems than just tracing Persona 5 if it were the latter.

It was meant to be an HM fangame at first. Base gameplay is still similar/identical, last I checked.

Just checked now. Base gameplay is identical and it looks like it just ripped the assets from Hotline.

Because it turns out people who want persona 4 weaboo friend simulators aren't the people who want hotline miami butchery murder simulators big whoop who da thought

I'm pissed that it's trying to rip off persona at this point, but what makes me even angrier is that he's not even trying to hide that it's specifically Persona 5.

Copying and pasting Persona 5 into another genre isn't "its own thing"

I'm even angrier that it was supposed to be a mask based badass Hotline Miami 2 mod but turned into a Persona 5 clone.

I guess you're right about that friend simulator shit.

Maybe it's like a joke mock up thing? maybe….

it was changed on April 1st and back then everyone thought the same thing

"Open World Hotline Miami - First sketches for Multiplayer UI."- submitted 6 months ago by WOOTinator

This looks…interesting…..

So it wrapped around to being GTA again?

Is this still being worked on right?

the first screenshot looks great though

Because it's just blatantly ripping off Persona, I wouldn't mind if he gave us Hotline Miami with stands and shit, but this is full on just Persona 5

LOL

I wish westerns didnt go full animoo in their art

It would be funnier if Midnight Animal just released a persona clone and never revealed it was going to be one

To be honest I kind of like the idea of a Persona-inspired Hotline Miami game. Fuck don't tell me that a game with a Persona-esque plot but darker and the surreal visuals of both series mixed together wouldn't be cool.

I mean, I would probably like it if it was just inspiried and not copied completely from the actualy Persona series

I didnt play HM for the plot and I only played persona 5 for the christmas cake

It's still a blend that sounds really cool in theory if it was handed to someone with actual creativity.

It would also be fucking cool if the game STARTED OUT AS A HOTLINE MIAMI AND PERSONA BLEND TOGETHER INSTEAD OF A HOTLINE MIAMI FANGAME THAT IS STRICTLY HOTLINE MIAMI AND NO OTHER GAMES

I'm not dissagreeing, I'm just saying that the idea of a blend still sounds pretty fucking cool. If it was done in a different project.

I wasn't disagreeing either, in fact I was agreeing with you. If Midnight animal was advertised as a Hotline Miami and Persona mix in the first place, and handled by someone who isn't a complete animu weeabo faggoty edgy piece of shit, it would be awesome.

what's the room layout at the bottom meant to convey

wow this spoiler conversation sure looks fun

It's a SWAT 4 map

How the fuck does this even happen? All I wanted was a map pack. Can you even call this feature creep?

Damn shame. Heard about this I think a little over a year or 2 ago. Was hoping for a game that just expanded on Hotline Miami's setting/story with a few new gimmicks here and there. Like new mechanics, masks, weapons, enemies, executions, etc but nothing drastic. Sad it's gone the way of weebshit. Main character looks like a fucking homo too.

The problem is that nobody wants to buy non-japanese styled art.

Up and coming Western Artists have been pidgeonholed extremely hard.
Either you're stuck drawing
A) the same exact , how to draw marvel/dc shit .
B)going full tumblr, drawing cartoony garbage
C)Edgy super deformed gothic styled art
D) TRACE EVERYTHING
The only way to get hired or comissions or even stand out is to have connections.

Hotline GTA2, motherfucker this better happen, looks tastey

I find that hard to believe

you forgot E) Draw furry shit
That option fucking prints money, dude.

Ohi vey , I knew I forgot something. I'm sitting on the fence. On one hand, I'm broke and I'm willing to whore out my talents to make money.
On the other hand, whoring myself out to furries just feels like I'd be crossing a line I can't come back from.

It's no longer weird to normals like it used to be back in the day where if it didn't look like Sailor Moon , Clamp-Styled Noodle People or DBZ muscle mutants everyone would stare at it and go "Ew"

This is borderline plagiarism. How long until this get a C&D???

If you're going to go the furry route completely distance it from your actual online footprint, you don't want any crazies drawing lines back to you because you know they will
Make a burner email account and do all communication through that, accept money through paypal, only accept money up front because these degenerates will stiff you if they can, and never underestimate the power of livestream drawing with 'discount' prices of 20 bucks for a quick pump and dump with the retards piling over each other for their Sparkledog to be the one you choose.

Consider it similar to being a independent construction contractor going off to the middle east, be careful and you can make tons of cash.

Normalfags way back in the day watched DBZ, ranma and zodiac knights, well in tacoland

Have people even been spreading this around in the cancer that is the steam forums? Or is this just met with timid laughs before being deleted and never talked about again?

Hopefully soon.

I've gotten everything from the steam forums, everyone's talking shit and a lot of the threads are being locked. Here's him acting like an ass to his public discord. imgur.com/a/cR19K

wow he seems like such a shithead. At the very most I'm going to pirate it just to see how shit it is. I'm not giving that faggot my money.

I mean, he's not wrong.

Yeah, but he shouldn't call his fans "fags" and use slurs on his public Discord, that shit is unprofessional for a game dev.

Niggers love anime.

Also his dev logs have a lot of stealing mechanics from the persona series, even going as far as using the term "Personas" and "Social Link"
archive.is/VFoV5
archive.is/VWRDK

Holy hell, this guy's gonna get fucked if they care enough to go after him and judging by how autistic Atlus was about the streaming thing I can only assume they will care enough.

Madarame's a nice touch by the way, good on whoever made that.

That guy is the developer? But he just seems like a shitposter, as if he was trolling people all along. I can't take any of this seriously now.

Its not borderline plagairism, its enough to argue that the art assets are traced and that is plagairism.

Fuck off back to reddit you colossal fag.

So how did the mod get to this point. I see some vague comments in some places mentioning his girlfriend dumping him, is that what made the dev go off the deep end?

he's a weeb, its almost like you expected him to not be human waste

Thanks for the tip. This is gonna be a journey.

Call it a kneejerk reaction, but I just want to hang people who assume the entire Persona series is that school simulator near visual novel bullshit introduced in 3.
I really wish Atlus would retroactively change the name of the series after Persona 2, but it's too late now, the damage is done.

Anyway, anger aside - - this guy should have just made a Persona fan game at this point.

This is seriously the fucking Sonichu of video games.

A GTA re-skin then? Aw fuck it, they would probably say,"GTA? this isn't 3D dumbass1"

I'm glad they never will the eternal butthurt from P2 fans needs to last forever.

I guess you could say it's our Eternal Punishment.

Get on with the times grandpa!

Creator went on a Trump rant last May, then didn't update for 9 months or so, then randomly came out saying Midnight Animal was now a light VN.
I can't tell if he snapped and just went full retard or if he's doing it to piss people off because so many of his backers were Trump voters who kept posting Trump memes in the comment sections.

Shameful display.
mega.nz/#!HRRyQSxb!NeiiyBYRBudOjlSkBOb_zfYjVZuD3Xh6YHP0DyYLQf0
New builds through their Discord, in the builds channel.
discordapp.com/invite/wnW3tjU

Everything makes sense now.

He is just a weeb that wants to make an animoo game

fucking kill yourself

This dev's head isn't screwed on.
steamcommunity.com/app/453800/discussions/0/2741975115068720229/?ctp=3
There's links in this thread to the dev saying 'nigger' this and 'nigger' that like a full reddi/pol/ poster.

Halfchan was mentioned by the macaroni grandma fucker?

Probably not Macron himself but news organisations wrote about halfchan being relevant in the election. And after an user on halfchan leaked documents, Hiroshima simply banned the entire country.

That's fucking gay even if it is halfchan

I'm surprised there haven't been a wave of HM clone. Especially considering how it's possible to improve on the formula.

Yeah, he's kind of a complete dumbass.

fuck off back to reddit, there isnt a downvote system here

While i do masturbate to cute anime boys every night, there's some big tittied girls in there too so i wouldn't consider myself full homo.
/ss/ a best

That's not the head dev. He states in that post he's the PR bitch.
The actual dev had a tiny meltdown over Bernie not winning on the old site they had up. That was May 2016, and then there was almost no contact from the dev until 2017, when he stated "dude persona lmao".

If there's proof that he doesn't even respect the work that he's plagiarizing, this is it.

Wait is this a download link to the Hotline Miami GTA game's current alpha/beta build? I'm not clicking shit until I know.

How the fuck would that even work? It's a game where you get hit once, die, and retry at the beginning of the area.

Did I do something wrong? Because all I see is exactly the same video as above.

I don't get it.
It's literally a Hotline Miami mod.
Same sprites and everything.
Why was there hype for this?

That's not Hotlime Miami fanart, it's Payday 2 fanart.

Here's what it looks like happened:

And then he just lifted the whole style like some kind of spicy reference to the game.
If you're already making a clone, you're not going to be worried about originality.
May as well meme it up.

What is this?

Read the thread.

*persona 4
Persona 5 came out after the midnight anime thing

this, should have stuck with masks

Yeah but I'm going off of that the earlier trailers didn't have the same style and the style looks more like Persona 5. The change looks like it happened happened around a time in which Persona 5 became popular in the US, which should fall about between the last update in May 2016 and Now.

Oh wait nevermind, the Worldwide release was in April 2017, not 2016, you're right.

Hahahaha holy fucking shit I went into his discord and I said some shit about it being a shitty Persona ripoff. He deleted my comment about it, I laughed about how he just deleted my comment, then I got fucking banned from the discord.

This faggot has no shame.

That's even worse in this case.

Big whoop! You want to fight about it?

He changed it after the trailers but before the release.

Why does a mod need a PR person

because the faggot made it into a full game and decided he needed a PR guy to take the shit he would take for blatantly tracing Persona stuff. The PR guy is just a shield.

Corey doesn't shave her armpits

Ebin.
Russian and Polish translates to "Midnight of the Animals"

Like paid and all?
Dude will sued by at least two different companies, Denaton and Atlus.

Now that's some next level bullshit.

It's free, which incidentally is also the only defense everyone is using when others shit on the game. "Don't complain, it's FREE bro."

Japanese styled art isn't really done well by most western people. They ignore their art fundamentals and it ends up looking flat in a bad way.

archive.is/jBwcC

A man of taste

That's the thing though.
Why does something which is free need a PR person?

I'm not a fag, sorry lads.

He's probably just trying to make his effort seem more legitimate and professional, like how a lot of jewtubers end up hiring their own producers and shit.