MOAR CORES

bgr.com/2017/05/29/intel-core-i9-specs-leak-vs-amd-ryzen/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TheBoyGeniusReport (BGR | Boy Genius Report)

Hey guys, what do you think of a 18 Cores intel chip? It's coming and some of you faggots will get it, so discuss that shit

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/er720
archive.is/9oxp2
archive.is/2faBr
archive.is/YVT5P
caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8-customizable/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, but what's price?

I think competition is healthy and that Intel needs to get FUCKED.

2500$
JK

No clue, prices haven't been released yet. Though you can expect something very high.

yeah but

Ryzen is stuck at 10 m8

My games can barely utilise more than 4gb of ram and one core.

It's botnet.

Intel has had 18 core chips
they just called them Xeons
hell an i7 has just been a Xeon die with fewer cores for awhile now

Xeons never had that much clock on them though

lol look at this fucking botnet sheep

epyc and thread ripper are in the 16c/32t+ territory. and it's shitting on intel's offerings.

Are they for sale yet? And at what price? I'll wait for a proper match between them, perfect

Also the Ryzen did not shit that much on intel, since they aren't as efficient for vidyas.

they will be considering consoles are providing the foundation for 8c support, PC needs to catch up in this space and no better way than having a widely supported, massively deployed 8core chip in ryzen. I believe they are coming out before the end of the year, and epyc is also going to target the prosumer market.

fair enough

you could base clock overclock xeons if you knew what you were doing

I guess the real advantage will be in having support for multipler overclocking and gaymen mobos

Yes, goyim, pay thousand bucks for backdoor on your computer. You want those new video games to run fast, don't you? Even if we didn't improve graphics since 2007 and were only shoving leftist propaganda in them.

Yeah, but at what price? If the chip itself is more that $1k, then it's a no-go for most consumers.

I'll wait for this to happen, a nice competition can't be bad.

There is no tinfoil on this guy? Why?

indeed.

applications becoming more multithreaded in recent years has made the fx series of processors more competitive than the 2500k in recent years.

adoredTV really covers this stuff very comprehensively, AMD's got an all-out strategy that will lead to some serious leads. Plus, Intel isn't exactly doing well lately.

AMD processors have microcode and their own OS on chip now, same as Intel; they are both backdoored

the only real difference is Intel chips have a 3G antenna so they can be backdoored wirelessly

Also had to re-edit the picture.

you really can't escape the zog machine anymore, either stick with vishera, or join the borg and just don't be a silk road hub used for peddling meth that's been processed in the anus of lolis

ryzen was a 50% improvement in IPC

accurate

Which applications would those be?
Its certainly not the emulators, which are the only gaming reason to get a top of the line CPU.
Its not the games themselves because native PC games are heavily GPU dependent meaning a two core i3 would be enough to play them.
If you mean video editing and processing software then why the fuck would you buy Ryzen shit for that when there are better performing CPUs that don't suffer from being Jack of all trades.

For what purpose? Correct me if I'm wrong, but save for GSGs and the like, aren't most games rather easy on the processor, while being extremely demanding on the GPU instead?

10/10

thus the cycle will be complete some day

emulators are a different story, and they should do more work to support ryzen which should match or surpass intel's offerings in performance.

emulator authors are also retarded but whatever, to me emulation doesn't matter because I'm not a nigger

Oh I have no idea, I myself bought a i5 because I had to make my GPU run smooth but it doesn't need more actually.

I dunno

I use an architectural workstation with a Xeon E3-1226 v3 and a k4000 nvidia quadro card, so gaming is something I do when I'm not workcucking for bääbäälon on it

I just wanted to point out the only difference between processor lines between I5/I7 and Xeon (technology wise) has been multiplier overclocking

They really have to suspect you before they start pulling shit like this it's not as if they don't have everyone's dat already it's the fact that they have so much goddamn data that you have to be flagged for them to even look at it

Most of the Ryzen processors have less IPC than a 6600k.
Multithreading isn't a checkbox you tick when making a program. There are tons of shit you need to factor in for it and in case of emulators it is dependent on the target system.
You sound like an AMD fanboy blaming developers for AMD having trash opengl support on their video cards. How about actually releasing competitive hardware with actual uses instead of shilling it to hell and back and then damage controlling when it is revealed to be useless to 90% of users?

Moar cores are useful if you're streaming or doing video editing. But Ryzen's current offerings cover anything up to and including the prosumer market, so unless Intel downprice their shit extremely, I don't see a market for top market i9s short of the higher end of the out-right professional market, but the Xeons already cover that so Intel is competing with themselves with this shit.

I have an i7 because I'm a massive autist that loves GSGs, yet even then it's an overkill. I struggle to imagine what fucking game would need 18 cores. Besides, why even have that many cores in general? What needs so much parallelism?

You can always look for Intel pre-i series or google for fastest non-backdoored AMD.

opening big .7z files

UGGGH
THICCER ARCHIVES

I've been wanting more cores that my games cant utilize properly because they and the company making these are fucking idiots.

In those cases its mostly your storage device that limits reading / writing than the rest of your system.

It's the Pentium 4 era all over again. Ready for 150W TDPs, everyone?

decompression is not that processor intensive.

Unless you RAID that shit.

This shit I guarantee is just Intel keeping their foothold on the server market and those odd programs that can utilize all the parallelism it can handle so large corporations keep buying Intel CPUs.
I doubt this was meant for your emellgee 420 noscoper twitch streamer.

170W man. 170. Fucking. Watts.

I fucking wish it was athlonxp/64 v pentium 4 holy shit

Nah, they had the Xeons series for that, as another user already said in the thread. Which is why I created this thread.

The Intels will cost 50% more, be 5% faster in single thread, with 30% less cores. And the tech sites will all tell you to buy Intel because of some dumbass reason, like more PCIe lanes.

Ryzen is a more efficient CPU. Expect all these tech sites who spent the last 5 years telling you AMD sucks because it's not as efficient as Intel that efficiency no longer matters and you should buy Intel.

I am glad we are heading into a core war age. If it wasn't for Ryzen, Intel would still be selling us $300 quad core CPUs with hyperthreading 10 years from now.

ful throttul

Literally why
Why the fuck a consumer be glad about this waste of resources?

Perhaps this is a marketing move? The average normalfag is too retarded to understand any of this and probably thinks "the more cores it has the better it is!"

I kept my old LGA775 in case I need to do some hood shit, but seeing as though all traffic is being collected in NSA datacenters and the only thing stopping them is a subpeona, I'll continue with trusting in the incompetence of the humans in charge of all of that data.

I just hope this pushes the price of the i7s and i5s down. There's no way I'm going to spend the money to get an i9.

I don't give a shit.

Why cant there be machine level core switching?

It's not about collective good, but individual good here. The consumer could buy newer cores, more powerful cores at a lower price with that competition.

this is what I believe

It's more like they're adding gaming features to what's already a processor die in production and then marking it up $700

thanks for the bump, then

You mean older ones
I guess the price cut is the only good thing about this.

Because you can do a shit ton more with more cores at the same time. Just because a game only uses 6 or 8 cores, doesn't mean it's the only thing using cores on your computer.

Let be honest, last 5 years Intel has been releasing CPUs with the same number of cores and the cores were barely any faster than the old ones. It was a huge fucking scam.

Ryzen already drove down prices, you can get an 8 core Ryzen for the same price you could get a quad core Intel a year ago.

I don't know why you are upset about getting a better CPU at the same price. Are you some salty faggot who bought into the marketing bullshit about dual cores being enough for gaming?

Threadripper is a gloriously stupid and radical name. I love it

Newer and older altogether. Newer because the i5 would be "brand new" (like, factory new, not design new), as the prices of new chips will go down, pushed by the higher prices. You got the point.

kinda miss corny ass names like skull trail really. everything is starting to feel too ipod in the computing scene, and that's just no fun.

How many cores until my compute runs the latest Windows without random restarts for updates?

Like?
I keep hearing this bullshit from almost every site but whenever pressed on it the answer is always "muh video editing and rendering"

That's not a CPU issue, that's an architecture issue. And even Linux and Android have to reboot for major updates.

Like browsing with 150 tabs, rendering a video while recording a video while playing a high intensity game… Physics calculations, buttcoin mining, etc.

There's a lot of things that are legitimately improved by MOAR CORES. Some games can even take advantage of every core in your computer, like UE4 games.

If you buy an i9, you're a fucking retard with more money than brain cells.

Linux is only Kernel updates my man

How many UE4 games are worth playing? Thought so.

Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Deathwing .. Yeah, that's about it.

there's some japanese ones I wanna try like annika and giraffe

You know there are already server-grade chips with 24 cores right?

Games get dedicated cores, you don't have to deal with bullshit like having to shut stuff down in the background so your game doesn't run like shit.

CPUs can only do one thing at a time. Each core has to pause itself to process something else. If you have a quad core and a game that's running 4 threads on each core, each of those cores has to pause the game for an extremely small amount of time and do something else that wants the core.

i9 is gay, you'll be able to buy a Ryzen that's just as fast for a lot less money, I can guarantee it.

Look, 6900k for $1050, Ryzen 1700 for $300.
archive.is/er720

Anyone who buys an i9 is a retard. I expect Threadripper and i9 price differences to be the same.

pc developers need to step it up

Don't need more cores for that. The limiting factor in that case would be RAM not CPU speed.

Video rendering software are one of the few things that can take full advantage of all cores in your CPU so why the fuck would you increase rendering time by adding more load while the video is rendering?

Even industrial simulations use trash CPUs for this. Not demanding at all and its certainly not something you'll be doing with other things.

CPU mining is not viable at all even if you have free electricity and internet.

Good thing all that nothing that is coming out that uses UE4.
Games aren't CPU dependent in the first place.

The fuck? There is no "i9" chip. i3, i5, i7.

But it's not a xeon. Don't just fucking assume things. The TDP of this thing is 165 watts, meaning it's going to be more powerful per-core than an i7, with more cores than an i7.

Fucking idiot.

Just for you kids that may not be aware, pretty much all games are single threaded applications. Having more cores doesn't make any difference at all if all you do is gaming.
More cores is only useful if you are a no life nerd like me who uses multi-threaded shit all the time, like when I compile Firefox on Gentoo for instance.

the i9 was announced a while ago lmao time to catch up

That's not true, and hasn't been true for a decade.

i9 is coming, that's what this thread is about.
It will compete with Ryzen.

Both CPUs are going to have a shit ton of cores, like 8 to 18 cores.

That's not true, but even if it was, a lot of things like physics engines, Vulkan, etc are using those spare cores.

If you buy an 8 or more core CPU in the next year, you won't have to buy a new CPU for a long time and you'll be spending all your computer upgrade money on a graphics card.

Those people who bought 8 core Ryzens instead of quad core Intels are going to keep those Ryzens a lot longer, and be able to buy a much nicer graphics card because they won't have to spend money on upgrading their quad core.

Bulldozer tier

games aren't single threaded, it's just the PC environment has excused poor multithreading for a long time due to the prevalence of console ports. with consoles having more cores than your average gaming PC, consoles have become a more multi threaded environment and working on both means you need to multithread for your lower performance consoles, and naturally the support is already there.

The same thing had been achieved with dual core processors. There is no practical purpose for more than 4 cores when gaming. I would even say 4 cores is an overkill if the processor has shit IPC.

i'd rather have a bigger L3 cache than that many cores

If there is anything Intel has taught me though, is that the greater number of cores, the absolutely more exponential the price.

Expect the price to be at least $2,500

Get ready for these faggot tech websites owned by marketing firms (Purch media owns Anandtech and Tom's Hardware and Purch has Intel as a client) to stop caring about TDP, power consumption, efficiency, and heat when i9 launches.

archive.is/9oxp2
archive.is/2faBr
archive.is/YVT5P

We've been told this shit forever.

First it was you don't need dual core CPUs, no games use two cores.

Then you didn't need a quad, because no games use four cores even though they all now use two.

Now you don't need 6 or more cores because no games use more than 6 cores, even though they all now use four.

Can you convince me this pattern is going to stop?

they still don't

rip anandtech, used to be so great.

Go look at some minimum specs for new games, any of them that aren't low effort indie shit say you need an i5 or better. Dual cores don't cut it anymore.

that's what they say, it's not what they end up using.
i'd be perfectly happy using a fast dual core with new instruction sets for games. it would certainly fall flat for other applications though.

Not really, I've been procrastinating not finishing my new build and have been fucking about with a 2 core / 2 thread junk system and pirating basically everything modern that doesn't simply hate AMD CPUs.

Those have little to no informative value, though. I am 80% sure half of them are made by the guy in charge trying them on an "older" PC, seeing if it runs, and if it does just putting its specs there. I've run many games when below minimum specs with no big issues

shillstorm's a'brewin' already I'm sure

To be fair, the Xeon class is a server processor. It's meant to be used by big businesses, and not meant to be used by end-users.

Yet people are building cheap console killers with fucking pentiums and i3s

The fact remains there are hard limits to parrelization. A game can only need so many threads and lots of that can't be further subdivided. Input, render, sound, ai, physics and…?

Intel clearly desperate.
Ryzen has their asses beat at a fraction of the price.
Pure amd system when vega comes out.

That is only because developers actively patch their games to ruin performance in order to push consumers to more expensive hardware
Embed related is GTA 5 running on an overclocked G3258 and a 750Ti before Rockstar patched it to run like shit.

Or are they patching it to use more cores properly, making the game better for people with more cores while screwing over people with crappy CPUs?

Regardless, aren't you proving my point? If you bought more cores than you needed to start with, your Pentium G wouldn't be fucked.

INSTALL WINDOWS 10 NOW!!!

why the fuck upgrade to SpyOS+ when SpyOS basic does just fine?

I want cheaper clockspeed not more cores.

>>>/purgewin10/
Let's see…

What the fuck codemonkey

I seriously can't believe Intel, a company with an R&D budget 60x higher than AMD's, even let AMD get close - let alone offer a better fucking chip in Ryzen.

Jim Keller is a fucking God.

Silicon is coming to it's upper limit in terms of computing power.
Embed related.

You won't get Skyrim 2 or Fallout 5 if you don't install windows 10
RIGHT NOW.

Are you fucking disabled or something?

The non-pozzed developers will choose Vulkan over DX12. And Vulkan works on Windows 10, 8, 7, Linux, and OSX.

Just another thing you guys can thank AMD for when you go buy a Pentium G and Nvidia graphics card.

just keep not changing the engine todd, i'll be fine

Graphene-based transistors are from IBM are set to overtake traditional silicon in less than a decade anyway.
We're getting close to the *nm wall but not quite there yet.

Silicon isn't dead yet though, 10nm and 7nm processors are being rolled out in the not too distant future.

10nm/7nm manufacturing processes*

Thats not how optimization works you retard
Regardless you can play the game on an i3. You don't need more cores. The video straight up shows you are wrong.

are you a fucking kike?

NASA invented vacuum channel transistors just recently, they are same size as normal field effect transistors but they easily switch 10 times faster and consume less power. They are also impervious to heating issues. Those are just nanoscale vacuum tubes but hey it does the job and does it well. Those can completely replace FETs in near future.

Graphene, to my knowlege though, is still pretty expensive per gram.

However, silicon transistors cannot go below 5nm. Below that, they do not function properly. We are getting very close to the wall for silicon.

So what will be number of cores for a mid-level PC by the time the next big innovation comes about to do away with it all?

420 with Intel, 8 with its competitors.

Are you a retard?

Why are you intel-niggers so salty about your purchases? Holy fuck it's a CPU, just because it's not good and you listened to a marketing site pretending to do benchmarks doesn't mean you have to act like a dumbfuck online.

IDK man GTAV doesn't have any CPU problems on my Ryzen 1700x. Have fun dropping another $400+ on a new CPU + motherboard so you can play updated GTA5. I'll spend $400 on a new graphics card instead.

What the fuck are you talking about
Literally nothing comes close to a G3258 in terms of price.

40% is nothing for a G3258.

Fuck off kike. Shill your windows 10 exclusive trash elsewhere. Literally no one buys your retarded shit about more cores=better.

Do they cost more, less, or equivalent to produce?

Yes, that's actually how it works for all vidya. Ryzen is a meme and is shit for gaming.

Go back to some site owned by Purch's marketing so you can all circle jerk about how great your cheap ass gaming rig is and how you didn't make a mistake buying a dual core CPU in 2017.

I haven't had a dual core CPU in about 9 years. Keep being salty about your shitty gaming computer.

Do you shitpost this crap in every thread about something you either don't understand or don't like?

Probably even cheaper. Look at how complicated MOSFET is, and look at VCT next to it. Also I did not mention, you can readily produce vacuum transistor based processors with existing machinery and technology. No retooling needed, make same processors but use different transistor type and that's the whole deal.

nice projection
I bet you are glad you wasted money on your trash CPU that has no practical function and enjoy whoring yourself to NSAsoft.

Jokes you on faggot I'm using Gentoo. I use those cores all the time. You know, to do things like play GTAV without horrible frame times.

Anyone who uses Windows for anything more than video games is a loser.

Very interesting, hopefully this will lower the cost and improve performance.

so which file are you copy pasting your stale memes from?
how much does it pay per post?

I imagine a gram would cover a LOT of area though. Unless the plan is to use multiple layers, it could bump the price up but not out of consumer levels.

Oh boy I can't wait to be fucked in the ass by Intel ME.

Nice try, AMD shill. Enjoy your trash-tier single thread performance.

Enjoy your Intel ME.

But I don't even like AMD…

Oh I get it now, you're retarded.

Wait, you cant use win7?

Go back to Haifa, Moshe.

Reminds me of that Helio chip with like ten-twenty cores. Still jobbed to Snapdragon.

Technically you CAN use Win7 and Win8 with Intel and AMD's latest chips, but from what I remember, they had to use already installed Windows installations because the Installer couldn't figure out what processor driver to use. Then after that it worked just fine.

So it wouldn't work with Linux? Into the trash it goes.

What? Where do you get that idea from? Linux makes their own drivers for everything, of course you can run Linux with these chips. It's only first-party drivers on Windows that are an issue.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind these posts?

Is this a joke? AMD chips have backdoors in them too. Freedom OS won't let you use anything that isn't ancient because of it.

But then there are unpatched exploits in ancient shit too.
example - wannacry exploited unpatched vunerabilities in winxp that were found by the cia/nsa.

the only purpose of a backdoor is to make breaking in ezpz, instead of needing to break in the "normal" way.

lol get a load of this retard

Odds are he is just shitposting, user.
I guess I will keep using mint cinnamin now.

This. All chips got doors now, the only thing you can choose now is who you give the door to. For westerners it's better you get chink and Ivan chips. For Easterners save Japan and Korea, better you get American and Euro chips.

>just recently

Now be a good boy and recall how much time was between inventing a field effect transistor and its first appliation in integrated circuit.

You want to know how AMD would be able to tell Intel to get Bent?

Dual 16 core cpus, a dual socket motherboard,and a AIO liquid cooler in a bundle for 2000 dollars

Throw in this case for 500 dollars. It's compatible with a Dual Proc mobo because it's SSI-EEB mobo compatible.

caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8-customizable/

If you don't want games to lag then slow your brain down.

I haven't seen anyone talk about using one of those since 2002.

Are you illiterate or an actual shill-bot?

I just recently installed windows 7 onto a ryzen straight from disk, All you need is a ps2 mouse and possibly keyboard.
during the last step of the install I only had one PS2 port so I used the mouse plus the onscreen keyboard to actually name my PC and proceed to the next screen. Now that i've installed all the motherboard updates it runs just fine.

God, that CPU gives me such a hard-on. Will they ever make something as good again?

What do you mean? They're still making budget line CPUs of that nature. Right now the go-to is the G4620.

name one game that uses multithreading well

I also just did this last week, no problems yet running vidya.

Intel 4/8 at 94W

Intel 12/24 at 155W

That's a 70+% increase in per-core power efficiency. Those motherfucking dirty jews could do it all along but they were milking the whole world for all it was worth because they had monopoly.

Seriously, at this point AMD reps would have to come into my house, rape me and my entire family before I would even consider buying Intel ever again.

This is probably just a server chip to compete with AMD's Threadripper based on Zen. It's pretty unlikely that whatever this is will ever be aimed at normal customers for normal PCs.

The thing about the Zen architecture is that it was originally designed as a server chip, which was then modified some to make Ryzen. That's a big part of the reason why Ryzen did much better on computation and encoding tasks than at gaming at launch.

While Ryzen is competitive with Intel in gaming (arguable at the high end and certainly not in SCP, but Ryzen does really well against Intel on the medium and low end), AMD will be far more competitive with Threadripper because it is using Zen in its natural environment. Intel has to respond pretty quickly because AMD is ready to eat their lunch on server chips.

Intel will have to respond to Ryzen soon though. On the low end and mid end, Ryzen solidly beats out what Intel has to offer in many cases. On the high end, Ryzen is a really solid competitor, except the SCP isn't good compared to Intel, alongside a couple of other issues. People forget that Ryzen was beating or equal with Intel with encoding tasks, and behind by 10-20% with gaming. That's not a huge gap to make up, and plenty of that can be made up by better software support. If that SCP can get addressed ina Zen 2 in a year or two, Intel will be screwed.

Ashes of the Singularity

They already said it's a consumer chip, for fuck sake. READ THE GOD DAMN ARTICLES BEFORE YOU POST.

I guess, but what gaymes actually use this? none

he has a point
intel cpus contain a 3G antenna

Oh no doubt he has, my point is that I see way too many people that seem to be of the believe that that technology somehow makes malicious communication inherently covert, it doesn't.
I also hate doom and gloom, doesn't help anyone

With a decent router setup and a mobile phone you should still be able to tell if and when your PC communicates when you didn't give it a reason to do so not to mention that A: I could only find one article about the 3G antenna from Paul Joseph "Imagine my shock" Watson and more importantly B: this would be such a strong ability that I doubt any agency would play that card en mass and risk outcry and big targets definitely hopping to something else.

But yeah, it's fucked and shady anyway and I'd strongly recommend people looking into libreboot and coreboot both projects try to implement Free Software at the very core of our modern systems.

I'd buy new CPUs if they weren't backdoored, but as it stands I don't give a fuck about the new shit.

And that's fine, but no one wants to hear you say it in every fucking thread.

impressive.

y tho

i just want a CPU that doesn't have a shit iGPU, and the Raven Ridge APUs are pretty much only going to start shipping in 2018 (DDR4 alone isn't enough to upgrade to Bristol Ridge)

I'm still waiting for my 3930k's single core performance to be doubled, I wouldn't be surprised if I run my DDR3 until DDR5 is a thing.

Does this mean the return of GLORIOUS SOFTWARE RENDERING? If so, I'm sold.

Why even bother? There is no software that can really make the most out if that many cores, let alone games.

and games are still

The i9 isn't for gaymen just like the i7 isn't for gaymen, this won't stop everyone marketing it to the gaymers stupid enough to fall for it.

I just want a 4 core with great single core performance but that isn't happening any time soon

Vulkan has been available to devs since… What, 2015 or even earlier and nobody has done shit with it.
Also lol at pretending that Linux and OSX matter for gaming.

Ryzen?

I said great single core performance, not slightly better than my 6 year old CPU single core performance.

Why did intel skip 1 2 4 6 and 8?
GPU strength is objectively more important when it comes to gaming.

Intel has purposefully held back on CPU development and milked the masses dry for over a decade without a single shred of shame or dignity. And yet there are people IN THIS VERY THREAD who will gladly slurp their cock all the way to the sweaty balls just because they'll have 130 fps in the latest cawadoody on their 4k monitors instead of 120.

I'd say kill yourselves but please start with your friends and family first.

No shit, this is why we need competition in the hardware market. At this point I think AMD being brought out by Samsung would be better than the current situation where Samsung can't enter the market as Intel is refusing to licence x86 and the licence AMD holds is transferable with any sale of the company.

Jesus fucking christ user no.

Why not? While AMD does a lot of good with Freesync and Vulkan they can't compete with Intel performance and it's seriously hindering improvements. At least Samsung would throw money at it and give Intel competition for the first time in a decade.

I just can't believe that even now there's nothing worth upgrading to from my current 2500k.

Even the best Ryzen processors are about equal to mine in terms of single-thread performance, and the better Intel processors are still pretty expensive, often require delidding to even get adequate temps, require more expensive motherboards and suck ass in multithreading compared to Ryzen, all this while only having a mere 25-30% more single-thread performance than my 2500k while being half a decade newer.

At this rate I probably won't upgrade until 2020.

404, guess it was never brought back after the hack.

Because samsung is fucking EVIL when it comes to legacy support.
They left compromising holes that they KNEW were accessible in CURRENT GENERATION products because they were about to release a new generation.
That fucking bad of treatment when it comes to their "old" hardware.
It'd be a nightmare for older AMD Gpus to get the same treatment.

Have we figured out how to mass-produce Graphene yet?

good luck getting over 3% gains without killing at least 1 random part of your computer. And with that between other things you also overclock hardware timers which is going to slightly fuck timing on almost everything, although that's not a big problem since very few programs actually require accurate timing and innacurate timers are a reality to some processors still in use today. BCLK overclocking might've been a thing on AMD cpus 10 years ago but it's stupid without straps, and you need an intel K-series for that.

AMD basically got PTSD from the FX-series. So much in fact they released ryzen, an underperforming architecture that loses to intel on everything except TDP. They could've released a cpu that still doesn't use as much power as intel and performs better but instead they put out an architecture that's only good for mobile, a high effort low profit market which intel owns on a web of anticonsumerist contracts and won't use AMD parts no matter how much better they are.
Lisa Su was a mistake.

.t Shlomo Shillberg

It's easier to lower the clock a bit and add moar coars than it is to keep a low core count with a high clockspeed.
Basically everything except gaming and even then it's not that gaming doesn't need parallelism, it's that it doesn't need as much as other things. The whole concept of preemption was made because of that, unparallel workloads are the exception when it comes to computers.

Not inherently, it's just that storage is the bottleneck 99% of the time.

This is a plot against us, they know that computers with more cores are harder to hack
The hacker know as Hatechan has to retire…

This post sponsored by Purch Media. For more quality, objective sponsored content, please visit Tom's Hardware or Anandtech.

CPU cores are like TV channels.

You can have hundreds of them but the only thing that matters if if the two or three you actually use are any good.

enjoy having no high scores on massively multiplayer online role playing games

so the tables have turned….

EXTRA THICC

You are this retarded

I ain't gonna read the whole thread, I'm sure it's a lot of Intel/AMD fanboyism back and forth. I'll just say competition is great and even though these chips are way outside my budget for a desktop, I'm glad to see the two companies trading blows again, instead of Intel charging whatever they want because AMD's performance made them irrelevant. The only winner here is consumers, as it should be.

You still have to choose between one of the two companies shoving endless backdoors into their hardware. Hardly what I would call a consumer victory.

Unless you're building a server, there is no reason to have more than four cores.

It's great they got more cores and shit i guess… but why though?

I've yet to see any games make proper use of multi-core. Games should run 4x faster on 4 cores than they do on 1 core, but they run just the same and are often less stable in fact.

Better to just get a massively overclocked 1-core workstation CPU on some custom hardcore cooling setup than bother with this bullshit.

A linear scale is physically impossible, but you’re damn right about the context. I should be able to run CEMU at a solid 60 FPS, but it’s single core so my other 7 are just sitting there.

Thats physically impossible because most quadcores don't have enough clockspeed per core than a normal dual or single core processor.

Idiots see higher numbers in advertisements and automatically think it's better. It's why 4K is so popular even though the panels themselves are far lower quality than 1440p ones.

It's tragic that you're so unimportant that you'll never be forced to eat your own words. The number of people that get away with retarded shit because they are so far beneath notice is unjustly high.

What are you even on about?