Titanfall 2 thread? Titanfall 2 thread

Anyone on Holla Forums here play Titanfall 2? It's my favorite game as of right now with over 11 days in total gameplay time, and it's really all i ever play. Not as much as my over 500 hours in MGSV:TPP and 65 days with BF3

I've set up an official Holla Forums network on the PS4 titled "8ch.net" not too long ago as well. You know TF2 is dying when it's player population for memorial day is only in the 8,000's, and was at 3,000 when i woke up at 6 a.m

Attack on Titanfall x3

Where's the moutain dew promo?

Cease existing

check em

what is wrong with you?

its the first shooty gaem i played on pc since round about 2006 and the ttk feels short as hell.
its a great game, but some of those design decisions i do not get. maybe because i didn't play cod games after the first one

kys

that doesn't invalidate my other concerns though, you alexic fuck. either you didn't read it in your autistic fit or or you really can't process the point i was trying to make.

so its summer, or what

Claiming Monarch as my waifu. Nobody else can have her.

oh, sweet
less sweet
not sweet at all, in fact
in fact, sour

That's a descriptive statement, but you seem to be using it as an insult or a criticism.
Why would melee attacks have different damage for indoor pilots vs outdoor pilots? What?
Are you functionally retarded?

Roninfags need to be gassed.
Campaign was ok I guess, titan sections were the best but the grunt enemies where so brain dead its fucking laughable.
I really hate not being able to make a load out I want, it really sucks the fun out of the game.

Why can't you make the loadout you want? Have you tried to git gud?

I can't decide whether or not Monarch is good. They're a headache in groups, but in my experience so far she gets absolutely melted by Legion, Tone and, to a lesser extent, Ronin in 1v1. In general she seems kind of hopeless if you get up close to her.

I like support type classes in vidya so I'll probably end up playing her regardless but not before I finish exploiting the fact that no one has gotten to grips with her yet with Scorch.

Neither of those things are true, though. Off the top of my head, the following standard weapons are projectile-based:
Then the projectile-based anti-titan weapons are:
And the titans with projectile-based primaries are:

Altogether, a pretty big chunk of the game's weapons are non-hitscan.

OP is sincerely a faggot, and with 65 days in BF3 he's a faggot with bad taste

I don't understand what your telling me to get good about. Being able to make what I want added to the enjoyment of the game and now that its gone I feel like the game suffers for it. Don't just spout memes.

Monarch is super fucking fun but I'll enjoy her more once people use her less though. Trading shield steal is stupid. Her last rifle upgrade turns her XO into a giant Devotion. She destroys pilots.

On another note, she completely made Scorch irrelevant. Her first XO upgrade makes her rifle destroy shields which in essence makes Scorch's only good tool absolutely useless.

This will be posted in every thread.

Wow, that's amazing.

i'm apparently really bad at explaining how a game feels to me.
"short ttk" it wasnt really meant as an insult, it just feels off for me, because it feels like slower projectile weapons would be a good fit for the movement system. when i say projectile weapons i'm thinking of things like a rocket launcher or the mgl, not the l-star which has really fast traveling projectiles. that being said, the weapons do feel and sound amazing.
you will mainly use the melee attack indoors, because thats where its possible for two pilots to actually run into each other and who pushes the button first wins. thats also what feels "off" about the short ttk to me. maybe i'm just not used to shooters anymore.

I agree that I would like more projectile weapons, but if the default weapon was something like the EPG, then actually hitting people might be too much of a pain in the ass, especially on open maps like Homestead or Forwardbase Kodai. I feel like the Wingman Elite is a good middle ground between the kind of tracking aiming you get with hitscan weapons and the predictive aiming of projectiles, which is why I like it so much. The game would probably benefit from weapons like that being the default (or a greater ratio of single-shot weapons in general), but they are leashed to EA's desk so they probably have to have it be at least somewhat approachable. Remember, there are a lot of people who have no idea the slide even exists, let alone wall running, slide hopping, or exploiting the grapple with Source engine airstrafing.

Well, these are the guys who made a CoD so good it ruined the industry for 10 years. That's the kind of game they make, and given that the titans represent a slower, high-TTK shooter, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for the pilots to be slow as well.

Everyone else has already had her. Enjoy you slops.

I don't care if it's over half an hour long, nigger.
If I can do it so can you.

Don't the Battlefield games mostly use projectile weapons?

Yo bro, your BT is defective, they put it together backwards.

I know they made a big deal about projectile weapons and gravity affecting trajectory in Battlefield 3, and presumably it's been that way in subsequent games. I'm not a Battlefield expert, but I know that leading your target in an MMS shooter like Battlefield or CoD is a lot less challenging than TF|2 simply due to a player's lack of speed.

To my knowledge, Battlefield doesn't have any rocket launcher weapons except as slow-to-reload secondaries.

is the thread bumplocked?

Well I guess I'll make a good thread when this one falls off, then.