Shock thread. Is prey any good? edition

Half way through ss1 and i was planing on playing the second game and bioshock. but i was also wondering is the recently released prey any good? any other cyber punk and collect fest game that's breddy gud? my thought of ss1 so far is that the game can actually play with your head and make you anxious. hearing a robot in the distance while your health is low and you're just trying to find the isotope-22x and turn on the radiation shield is such a rush. the only thing i hate is when i'm off guard and i get raped by a ton of high level enemies but thats mostly on me.

also hows bioshock? i've heard mixed opinions about it.

also was i the only one who turned on the laser before turning on the shield ;_; that was actually clever of the devs you actually had the option to fuck everything up

Other urls found in this thread:

farcrymods.freeforums.net/thread/498/volunteers-needed-testing-prey-mods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bioshock's ok, but is more of a shooter than an rpg. Also whatever you do, do NOT play bioshock infinite.

Also what does prey 2017 have to do with the original prey? why does it even have the name prey?

but i thought infinite was a thinkings man game :^)

Nothing
Because bethesda had the rights to it and thought fuck it

Nothing

prey started off fine but it bored me to tears, for some reason everything in this game is fucking boring and bland

also combat sucks donkey cock

So beth decided to just throw a random name on something unrelated to the source material. are the people at beth brain dead? or pic related?

You know the answer.

They will try to defend it but in reality your pic is very related, as much as they say otherwise. Remember, actions speak much louder than words.

Prey's ok, I found it kind of annoying. Sadly it's nothing like the original prey or like quake.
pretty much just a generic spooky shooter pirate it if you want it

They weren't related? That explains why it wasn't similar or good then.

prey wasn't a popular IP, only people who would care are:
A. internet autists (see: a mirror)
B. humanhead

it was probably a last shot pissing move and to also economize on spending a few thousand on the IP years ago.

So they made an uninspired clone of a game so they can say. this is like an old school game guiz only real gaymers will play it.

WOW

Prey is fun. Bioshit is literally Call of Duty with Bible versus plastered everywhere.

I turned on the laser just to see what would happen. I wasn't disappointed that they allowed you to do that.

I've played both bioshocks. They're alright in their own ways. Far more shooter than rpg, compared to System Shock.
Haven't played Prey, though I feel the deco style looks WAY better in bioshock then what from I glimpsed in Prey due to time periods and not just some arbitrary aesthetic choice. Just doesn't fit, imo.

nuPrey is Bioshock though, complete with shallow absolutely 2deep4u writing and ending.

no they made it cuz they spent like 40k on an ip, didn't get the return they wanted after a failed hostile take over, and figured like fuck it hey arkane you wanna do something with this?

there's old leaked power point slides that talk about how arkane's prey remake will be like a system shock 3.

the game play itself looks pretty decent but there's no way I'd pay for this shit

Not really. You can atleast freely explore most of the space station. Bioshit is just point A to point B.

yeah I think every system shock game except for the first one failed to capitalize on the return to old areas to do new things idea, shock 2 had very little of it with "hey this keycode is for a closet on deck 1" that you'd find on deck 4 or 5 and get a ton of ammo and stuff. system shock 1 is more like a 3d metroid game than anything which explains why the team behind metroid prime had the game turn out so well (considering iguana hired a lot of ex-origin staff in 1998)

I think they partially did it to get points for fulfilling fan interest in a new Prey, giving the impression they really care about "gamers." You know how some fucking idiot faggots will eat it up that never even played the original.

Same thing fallout 3 has to do with original Fallouts.

Isn't carmack into some kind of scuffle with zenimax over assets

Fallout 3, sadly, absolutely had something to do with the originals, and now it'll be forever tainted by bethesda's shit tier writing.

Nigger, you're making it rather obvious you haven't played the game at all since there is so much more else to complain aside from giving it shallow descriptors

As much as nuprey

Prey at least doesn't share that many elements with the first game

Fallout 3 is unfortunately written like a bad fanfic

yeah, they were told not to have anything like that. It doesn't reference the original prey at any point.

fallout 3 is obviously in the same universe and everything.

+ Best in the series in regards to atmosphere, writing, gameplay, and sound design.
- Very difficult to get into if you're used to modern control systems.

+ An awesome game. Only slightly weaker than System Shock and on-par with it in regards to sound design.
+ Complex controls from the first game are a non-issue; Accessible.

+ Gameplay is solid. Writing is solid.
- It's only okay, especially when compared to System Shock and System Shock 2.

+ Better gameplay than Bioshock.
- Awful writing.

+ It's a passable FPS.
- Awful in almost every way when directly compared to any of the games that came before it.

(It's a System Shock 2 mod / fangame.)
+ Expands on gameplay mechanics from System Shock 2 and introduces more skill-and-stat-based optional progression.
+ Reintroduces features from System Shock that were absent from System Shock 2.
+ For a fangame, the writing is passable. Multiple characters you can side with all provide different objectives in each area and reward you differently. Different endings, including bad endings.
- As a System Shock game, the writing is poor.
- Poor audio quality voice acting sticks out like a sore thumb and is almost immersion-breaking.

Time will tell.

It looks like it's gonna be shit.

The fuck are you doing?

Just get the Enhanced Edition, the control scheme is much closer to modern games.

I think that last cap is the most painful.

Prey was just a clone of Bioshock made even easier due to being able to fabricate neuromods. Sure as hell isn't worth buying, pirate it if you're dead set on trying it out.

Does anybody not feel anything when they read these kinds of things anymore? I used to feel rage, but now all I feel is apathy.

I just, I just don't care anymore.

I'm kind of wondering, what's everybody's opinion on SS1's music?
I personally like it, though it lightens the atmosphere a lot.

I loved it, it really hammered the cyberpunk atmosphere in.

since i'm a ganoo slash loonix fag i had to go through so much trouble for the enhance edition to play music but it was worth it.

Security/Bridge, both the PC and Mac versions, is great

They were going to lose the rights if they didn't use it soon.

His involvement also has me worried about the new Underworld. That and it's a kickstarter.

inb4 i was only pretending to be retarded

Carmack left Id (a Zenimax subsidiary) for Oculus (a Facebook subsidiary). Zenimax sued Facebook, claiming that Carmack took key technological information that was Zenimax's property when he left. The court ruled against Zenimax's claim, but did find that Carmack and other former Id employees violated Zenimax's copyrights in other ways. So Facebook ended up paying Zenimax $500,000,000. Zuckerberg was even forced to appear in court.

I enjoyed SHOCK1 so much. I played it not long ago for the first time, and as soon as I finished it I restarted and did a second playthrough.

What?

I don't care about the story and the environments and enemies are meh, but I've been enjoying the exploration, planning and resource management a lot. So far it seems to have pretty decent mechanics to let you play smart. Also every object, corpse, etc. you move or break and every splooge rock you leave around seem to stay exactly where you left them for the whole game, for some reason I really like that.
Overall it's pretty alright, even with the hamfisted trannies and dykes.

Prey is more System shock 2 than Bioshock is.

Nothing. It's a system shock clone that has nothing to do with Prey.

It's the most original shooter I have played it a while. It's basically System shock 2 but with added abilities.

No it isn't. It is actually an RPG and has better writing.

How hamfisted are we talking?

I beat the game and don't remember a tranny. Also it wouldn't make sense for there to be one since physical engineering is advanced to the point where someone would be completely female rather than an imitation

top hue

not saying much

A semi-important NPC is a lesbian, and you have to listen to voice logs about her relationship get past a certain part of the game if you couldn't find the way to do it faster. But there aren't any trannies that I can remember. Unless you consider choosing a player character gender opposite to your own to be tranny.

It's system shock but with cool zero G and mimic gameplay which themselves are original. I just wish the game wasn't published by the king of like a Bethesda or else I might have bought it instead of pirate.

if you pick the female Alex YOU'RE the dyke, user. You find out in logs that you had a relationship with the russian sounding chick you can get medicine for.

It wasn't bad and is almost good but a combination of denuvo and being attached to an IP it has no business being attached to doesn't help. In the end it's as close to a real system shock sequel as we're going to get right now and I recommend giving it a pirate and making your own decision

If it was scarier and more difficult it'd be breddy gud: Exploration is cozy, has a persistent environment like another user pointed out, a not-bad cyber-module NEUROMOD upgrade system, and a neat mechanic with recycling objects and turning them into things

Almost done with my play through and i'm thoroughly enjoying it. i'm liking that i'm not being hand held and i actually have to figure out what to do next with the clues left in the game rather than a marker on a map or someone flat out telling me what to do. Also any tips for combat in this game because i die a lot.

Also rip space crew who got shrekt by shodan cortex reaver ;_;7

same thing besides, it's not like it was canon with anything else in that list anyway…

I guess you can say these post are the same thing too. :^)

Bioshock is pretty good, but it's more of a Metroidvania FPS with superficial RPG elements. Good game in its own right but comes nowhere close to touching System Shock.

Prey is pretty good so far. Think what Human Revolution was to Deus Ex and this is basically the same thing to System Shock.

What a shitty thread, 7th Gen shitters have completely ruined this board.

elaborate :^)

I definitely agree with regards to SS1's atmosphere.

It has an interesting spirit mode mechanic.
It is shit.

This.

I kek'd.

SS2 is shit unless you min max, look up a guide and try to not get frustrated about zombies with shotguns spawning right behind you a good 60% of the time.
Prey is fun regardless of what build you take and what you do, it's a well polished game although the plot is a little weak and there's not really any stand out enjoyable characters like in System Shock, there's also forced lesbian side plot which is part of the main story that makes the game look really bad.

The new Underworld never seemed like it was going to be good to me. I don't know, it just seems to me like every other "developers of X making a spiritual successor to X!" kickstarter.

I've enjoyed Prey more than anything else new I've played in the last few years. I wouldn't call it generic, if only because FPS SS2-likes aren't really all that common, but the criticism of lack of originality is valid. It's basically a fairly well polished mashup of existing ideas for the genre. Well polished in terms of design, that is, not stability - the game is glitchy as hell and I wouldn't blame anyone who took a pass on it for now simply to wait for patches.
The level design at times reminds me more of UUW than any of the Shock games, and I consider that a plus. It's almost certainly the games strongest element. The station for the most part feels like a place that was designed for those living and working there as opposed to just a series of levels, apart from the lobby, which feels like a lot of valuable space spent on a not very functional part of the station.
Combat feels closer to SS2 than anything. The game rewards exploration, resource management, and establishing control over a fight with traps, turrets, stuns, stealth, etc. over skill with raw shooting mechanics, although contrary to what people say, it's very possible to run and gun your way through all but the very beginning of the game, even on the hardest mode. One nitpick for me is that the shotgun is probably the actually, literally worst example of absurd damage/distance falloff in all of gaming. If you don't have it up an enemy's ass you might as well be using the pistol, or anything else.
The story and characters were the weakest link for me, from their voices to their dialogue to their models, fortunately I didn't need them to enjoy the game. But if you're after character development look elsewhere, and the plot is just the nth iteration of Dead Shock: Pandorum Horizon.
My personal recommendation would be play it, and if you like it, give them money when they get it working the way a game should at release and not before.

Same, I haven't seen anything encouraging.

Prey is better than any Bioshock game, but the special snowflakes on Holla Forums got triggered to hell and back by its Denuvo.

Fuck them, we can't all waste our lives after Neptunia and Granblue Fantasy.

>>>/suicide/ anytime.

Try it out.

pic related

I've seen the gameplay, looks like shit.
It's cracked? Well it's still a shit game.

How do you know if you never played it and can't give a reason why it isn't good?

Its not shit but its mediocre, you remind me of the faggots defending The New Order like it isn't a mediocre shooter that only gets praise for being singleplayer only.

There are no Trannies in the game user, at least not that I know of
No, it's system shock. Bioshock isn't even an RPG.
So you admit you are just butthurt about it's name
Considering both system shocks are 2 of the greatest games of all time a game isn't bad if it isn't as good as the best
No it isn't. Each level allows you to go about the map in many different ways. You can solve a problem at least 5 different ways each and there are many hidden and optional rooms.
Literally your only real complaint is that it has bad level design which isn't the case at all. It's the closest thing to a system shock 2 sequel we are going to get since 3 will likely never come out even though it was "announced".

What i heard from reviews from friends level design is actually pretty good but the thing people hate is the gun play and the combat mechanic in general.

why are you giving your opinion on a game you never played?

It's cancer like you that turned this place into a second rate gamefaqs. Holla Forums hating everything is a meme: if you actually believe it, it would be like sucking dicks because we call each other faggots.

You know how I can tell you're not from here?

So does Bethesda write your checks or Arkane?

Do you have something actually interesting to add to the discussion? Or is endlessly calling other people shills your idea of a better Holla Forums?
Do you even think you have made a quality post?

Yes, please fuck off to >>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/somethingawful/
Yes, getting rid of cancer like you helps the board.

Nonono, I mean think of the example you're setting for other users. If everyone was too busy calling eachother shills, then there would be nothing to discuss at all. It's like trying to cleanse all the ills of the world with a giant fire, but it will not fix everything because nothing will be left anymore. Removing the cancerous tissue through criticism is only one half of the solution, the other half is setting an example how it should be done.

For example, you call me a shill, and you tell me why you think I'm a shill. This way, I know where your accusations are coming from, and we have a way to discuss whether your claims are bullshit or not in front of everyone in the thread. Here you set the example that you should explain yourself rather than making low-effort posts one could think he's fully justified in making because he has the intangible power of the majority backing him. That's not how it can always work.

Then after stating why trying instigate discussions about video games in a very PR-like fashion is a bad way of going about it, you present an example of how it should be ideally done. The change in the world starts with you, as they say. It'd be nice if calling people niggers would make the world a better place, but that's just not how it works.

How does that even work? Calling people names on the internet to the point where they're bullied so hard they no longer have the courage to go on the internet anymore? Seriously, explain to me and everyone else in the thread how your method of improving Holla Forums is supposed to work in thorough detail, and if you think it is actually working.

Nice try, Bethescuck.

By lying through your teeth like a butthurt sperg? Any idiot can fling shit and shill accusations, nigger.

Just confess, you are the trannie who keeps shitting these same threads on the steam forums. Or at least used to.

I hope you don't really believe you can make it, faggot. We will enjoy your nervous breakdown as the reports from actual players pile up.

What? Please explain yourself.

The only cancer I see here is you.

Prey is pretty good till about 2/3rds through and then the late game turns to shit with fetchit quests and just running from load screen to load screen.

It was tracking for greatness half way through but never really elevated like you'd hope.

What I don't understand is where the source comes from Bethesda/Zenimax owning these companies. They're all private, so it's impossible to find information corroborating it. Is there some way to find out who owns private companies that I don't know?

It gets too easy if you invest into the higher level psi powers by spamming neuromods and hypos in the replication machines. I think the game would benefit if the plans for the neuromods couldn't be found so early, or maybe even only allow the player to find them in the environment or be given them.

Also, I just found all this posted in a NeoGAF thread from two years ago.

Probably. I only took one PSI blast (didn't want to become an alien. Just that all it's problems came to the fore in the last third.
I was shocked at how quickly it all unravelled.

Which companies? Zenimax owns Arkane, but not Human Head.

I actually HAVE played nuPrey. And the last thread we had on this shit was a couple days ago. Every time there's a thread on it, inevitably there show up at least two or three actual, literal shills, here to sing its praises and push the game as good, while pretending to criticize it by nitpicking about tiny stupid shit nobody cares about. At the very best, and I do mean at the very apex of any reasonable evalutation, the game is mediocre. It isn't great, it isn't good, it's just barely okay.

If you see any posts gushing about how it's good, especially if they try claiming the combat is tight and "responsive" (some megashill tried doing that the entire last thread), they are here to try and hype the fucking game and you should disregard their jewish faggotry.

You don't even need to fabricate anything except for maybe a few orders of shotgun shells or stun gun ammo here and there. I'm walking around with literally 50 psi hypos, and that's even from revisiting some places three times or more after I cleaned everything out but still had to fight shit. If you're a natural scrounger you won't be short on much of anything except certain kinds of ammo here or there.
The entire game is just too easy, and even on the hardest difficulty it isn't "hard." So fucking tired of developers being lazy fucks and saying "you have to shoot it 50 times to kill it, and it kills you with one hit! LOL so hard!!1!" Faggots don't understand game design.

That they fucked up on the pacing and player development in the game shouldn't be a surprise. All you had to do was look at the neuromod tree and see how retarded the fucking balance was. In addition, neuromod abilities that give a percent chance of critically hitting with a firearm? Are you fucking kidding me? They can't even hide how maximum pleb they are.

Isn't that a staple of RPGs which remains in this genre? I don't like it either, but then again, I never really like any extensive upgrade tree that turns you into a super X-man by the end of the game.

I said it was okay (esp. when compared to SS1/2), not that it was good.

Not if you know what you're doing. Again, don't go making shit up now.

There's plenty of actual problems which are strongly responsible for dragging the game down, and you've only listed less than half of them. Come on, step it the fuck up.

But that's wrong, dealing damage in nightmare feels exactly the same as in hard, taking damage does feel harsher though, although that may be due to the lack of armour repair kits that are available in nightmare as I've found I'm constantly low on armour instead of constantly being stacked with 100 armour, in addition, going from hard to playing nightmare for 20 minutes, I've noticed clear differences in enemy placement and enemies are more numerous, enemy variation has been changed, such as greater mimics appearing in the first 10 minutes of the game rather than the 3rd or 4th hour of the game, and phantoms becoming variants from the second phantom you fight instead of introducing you to the variants slowly.
In addition greater mimics are more likely to be paired with phantoms to power up the mimic with the phantoms powers which is a rarely seen ability in hard.
So I think what you said there is simply completely wrong.

Ehhhh? On my current Nightmare playthrough at Cargo Bay my inventory looks like this:
Suit integrity in general wasn't too much of a problem since the damage you take doesn't drastically damage your suit.

Though you may be right about some enemy types appearing earlier (did the Greater Mimic always appear in Teleconferencing on your way back from the Hardware Labs?), I've not noticed a real noticeable increase of enemies all around, not even on Nightmare, at least not to the point where it makes games actually challenging. Even if it's true, on the whole it still fails to deliver when it's just one or two souped up versions of an enemy type fighting you instead of several enemies of varying types.

I'm currently in psychotronics and I have sweet f all in terms of armour, although i'm doing an alien powers only run which might be a hindrance.

In teleconferencing it was a ethereal phantom for me, then a greater mimic + another ethereal waiting in my office.

Fuck it. I'm still going to defend this game when there's people out there telling me that generic hacknslash waifu and Horizonzerodawn are GOTY.

And who the fuck was talking to you? I know I wasn't.
Making shit up? I'm not saying they LITERALLY require 50 shots to take down on nightmare, you fucking moron. I'm saying the comparison between easy and nightmare is that all they do is crank up the beefiness of the enemies and make them hit harder. That's fucking lazy. You going to tell me that's somehow factually incorrect? Because you're wrong. They have fucking lazy ways of increasing the difficulty, just like you'd expect. They don't make the AI trickier or clever, they don't give the AI better or trickier attacks, no, they just take more to kill and hit harder. And what do you mean "again"?
Oh, excuse me if I don't wish to spend an hour of my life writing a book about the problems with the game every time a thread like this fucking comes up. Like it's my responsibility to tally off all the fucktarded things about it whenever Holla Forums has a thread on it. Go fuck yourself. Given your responses I'm willing to bet I could list a dozen things wrong with the game and you'd try some weaseling in order to claim they're somehow "wrong."

Nothing you said refutes anything about the laziness of the "difficulty" increase. Making enemies beefier, throwing more enemies at you, and making them hit harder is lazy. It's shit game design. From your logic, it would be totally okay if, the first time you walked into the lobby, you encountered a couple weavers, technopaths, psychopaths, and a few voltaic mimics and it'd be totally fine, because they're "introducing them faster." Throwing a bunch of enemies at you reinforces my central point about it being a lazy and stupid way of trying to make things harder. I also hope you're not a retard like the other faggot who thought I literally meant enemies took 50 hits to take down (although that definitely is actually the case if you try shooting any -pathic enemies with the pistol).

Are you serious, user? No one cares about good AI scaling with difficulty nowadays, expecting it is pretty stupid as beefier enemies is all you'll get. IF you get good AI scaling with difficulty, then be happy, it's one of the game's features, a rarity!

You're being hyperbolic, or maybe just retarded.
Where did I say throwing ALL the enemies in the game at you all at once in the lobby is acceptable?

What Prey does, from what I can tell, is similar to what Doom does.
Would you complain that seeing a hell knight in map 5 on ultra-violence instead of map 6 on hurt me plenty of doom 2 is lazy difficulty? I mean that sounds like what you're arguing for here. Would you complain that 6 extra imps appear on doom 2 map 1 on HMP and 16 extra imps appear on UV?
As a matter of fact please define 'lazy difficulty'.

Whilst you have a point that enemies take more hits to kill on harder difficulties, mimics take 2 hits, phantoms take 3 hits with heavy attacks with the wrench when gloo'd on easy, whereas mimics take 3 hits and phantoms take 4 on hard & nightmare, one hit difference is really quite insignificant. Also it seems like there's some kind of damage roll as sometimes I'd kill enemies in the same amount of hits as on nightmare on easy, so I could just have been getting lucky or something.
I'd do more testing but I don't feel like fighting all the enemies and seeing how many hits it takes with an unupgraded wrench to kill them on every difficulty just to prove a point.

Also if you fail to understand that enemies have weaknesses, and using weapons that enemies aren't weak to is going to mean you'll be using at least double or triple the resources to kill that single enemy then I really pity you. Not to mention when the game makes a big deal of scanning enemies to discover weaknesses to the point where it locks you behind two doors to ensure you understand scanning, there's even a tutorial that tells you to gloo enemies and hit them with melee for major damage.

I kinda want to fuck Tina, with her mouth plugged at least.

one of the big problems of the game that's been touched on by various posters is how the difficulty drops the fuck off pretty quickly. As soon as you get a few neuromods and some points into the psi powers to do the rock paper scissor game against the various typhon, you're virtually unstoppable barring complete fuckups. Lack of challenge = lack of fear/tension

the best parts of the game imo were the beginning when everything felt threatening and you actually were low on resources and had to budget taking on monsters. Eventually you get so loaded with powerups and abilities that monsters are just an annoyance because you're one shotting them with criticals and sneak attacks AFTER you've fucked them up with whatever magic type cripples their asses

SS suffers from this too, because the player starts off so weak compared to the enemies but by the end you're a killing machine, which is a neat power fantasy but saps any real thrill or fear if you're virtually unstoppable.

This is why I've been advocating increasing enemy spawns on higher difficulties no matter what. Prey features some interesting enemies which play off of eachother rather well, but because you're mostly fighting one or two phantoms at a time and their mimic buddies you can easily stun one guy and deal damage without having to worry about damage. Though each Phantom has their weakness, having to fight multiple Phantoms at once with different weaknesses and resistances would prevent you from steamrolling everything by repeating one move over and over, but a combination of two different Thermal/Electric/Etheric Phantoms rarely happens, or a Telepath and a Technopath at the same time.

Good point, the most I've seen is a nightmare, 2 greater mimics and two electric phantoms, and that still falls into the trap of being able to throw one attack at everything.
Speaking of the nightmare, is it just me or is everything about that thing god damn awful?
It seems to struggle getting around due to it's size and it's really noticeable when you begin climbing around and the nightmare struggles to track you, not to mention it'll just disappear even if you're looking straight at it if you 'evade' it, furthermore if you've triggered the nightmare through popping too many alien powers you shouldn't be able to evade it imo.
Not to mention it's literally just merely an oversized phantom that lacks the ability to teleport around.

The nightmare just feels like missed potential.

the nightmare is a great idea in concept but retarded in execution.

Like you're saying, it should be something that actually tests the player's abilities and forces you to adapt to the emergence of a dangerous, versatile threat that is openly stalking you

in reality we get a blob of shit that sort of moves around and is easily dispatched with the exact methods of a normal monster… or you just hide under a desk for two and a half minutes and it fucks off

it should have been a pant shitting moment akin to running into Nemesis in RE3 and if/when they make a sequel it'd be sweet if they expanded on this idea. With a bit of work and extra polish this game could really have been something else.

will we ever see mod support or is that just fanciful thinking?

There are some minor mods already, stuff which does things like increasing neuromods cost, restoring cut content, and removing other pointless shit like music cues and some other stuff: farcrymods.freeforums.net/thread/498/volunteers-needed-testing-prey-mods

That's honestly a question I've been asking myself also, I want to see O2 be a thing instead of something that was clearly cut, having music be a bit more present instead of being ambient noise 90% of the time and the nightmare being a threat instead of what we have now.

Reading through that link, falling damage was supposed to break bones? Fire was supposed to cause burns that you'd have to treat?
As well as concussion bleeding and blindness?
God damn, I thought the status screen was woefully underused but I didn't realise how much.

Does anyone know how much was cut?

Quite a lot, stuff like weapon durability, limited amount of times you could craft an item (which you could extend by finding licenses), leaking O2 if your suit was too damaged in space, and a weapon which fired homing discs and also had an on-board AI which would learn over time.

Well, at least they intend to patch it back in, I guess. Still that should have been there from the start.

am I correct to assume that they actually wanted to design the typhon as reacting to how the player went through the game and adapted their tactics and methods? Because that sounds really cool aside from the "randomly spawn monsters here and maybe make them harder if we're at that point yet" type of stuff we encountered.

It also makes more sense about the nightmare in that context

Bethesda's current business model does seem to include lengthy post-release support with free content and such, like with nuDoom and TNO, hopefully Prey wasn't too much of a flop that they outright drop any support on it

Nono, I'm saying that the weapon itself had an on-board AI which would develop over time depending on how you used it. Apparently one of the outcomes was to transfer it to a Medical Operator so it could help people instead of hurting them, alternatively it'd be your standard killing machine. It'd even make remarks if you were about to recycle it.

But as for the Typhon, generally speaking the Typhon are just there and don't really react to your actions in the long-term at all, aside from the Nightmare which is supposed to be a reaction to something threatening their ecology (e.g. you inserting a certain amount of Neuromods). It's not like the Many in SS2 where shit is still unfolding as you progress during the game, like how the Many notes your presence and takes you through an exclusive inside trip after you kill their children, or how the Many are still evolving which is why you see more evolved species later on. There isn't really much of that in Prey.

I recall reading some greentext about that now that I think about it.
It was along the lines of how the gun was designed for killed but had some kind of crisis and wanted to be a pacifist and realised there's no use for a gun that doesn't kill things so it asked and begged to be recycled, yet if you refused to recycle it you could remake the AI into a medical operator to give you more armour or a health bonus or something

This is the standard partnership between Arkane and Bethesda:

Monthly reminder that in Dishonored:
>Day Night Cycle witches came out at night
And a bunch of other minor shit that aren't as important when put next to this.

Seriously, fuck Bethesda with a rake up their arse. They fucked Dark Corners of the Earth for me, so I wised up and didn't buy Dishonored. These games end up being "decent fun + wasted potential: the game" every single fucking time.

Also, the crafting system? Great idea.
Piss poor balancing.
You know that "Mineral Material"? It's like Duct Tape in fallout 4: every fucking recipe needs it.
12 bullets for a shotgun takes 3 of the damn thing.
9 bullets for the pistol? ALSO TAKES 3.
Neuromods? take 2
Healing Kit/ Psy Hypo? Takes one.

The rest is shit you find so plentifull you end up never crafting.
The end result?
98 EXOTIC MATERIAL

Exotic material is only used in Neuromods. Why in the name of fuck is it this plentyfull when the fucking Mineral isn't?

Jesus fuck, what were they thinking?
Why in the name of fuck would anyone craft the guns? Everytime I found a recipe for them, I had already found 5 of the damned things before. And they had upgrades too. Why make a new one from scratch?
Oh but don't worry, you can craft upgrade kits after all.
USING 3 MINERAL MATERIALS, HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Mineral is the only element I've never run low on in any playthrough.

It is very good, too bad it will never get the sequel it deserves.

If you decide to craft Neuromods by the boatload you'll certainly run low of minerals after some point.

bioshock is okay. first one has good atmosphere, second has better combat but a retarded story. infinite is a crime. nuprey isn't terrible but i'm really glad i didn't pay for it; it has no idea what the fuck kind of game it wants to be and instead is a sub-par system shock wannabe. still looks neat and the leveling up mechanic is varied enough to keep me interested, so i'll probably finish it, but it really isn't anything special

Nah, on the run I went Neuromod crafting crazy I only ever ran out of exotic.

fixed it

user, you didn't play the game did you, there's a massive fucking arrow at all times pointing to where your objective is at almost all times with a few exceptions

Pretty sure he's talking about SS2, mate

so shallow simplified shit that had pretty much nothing to do with the old one and was made just because they had a name lying around?

Press the lean button 2 or 3 times to peek further and shoot at enemies without being shot back.
Also grenades are buggy, from my attempts at speedrunning the game and talking to other speedrunners of the game they seem to work off momentum and mouse movement, if they directly impact an NPC I think the radius of the grenade is reduced, we're desperate for the source code so we can figure out exactly how grenades work tbh but there's delays happening with that for some reason, regardless try not to be within line of sight of them if you use them, odds are you'll only damage yourself.

It depends. If you try to craft both ammo and neuromods, minerals will be the bottleneck. If you stick with neuromods, you'll run out of exotic far faster, especially since, if you abuse your psychic powers you'll save a lot of ammo to recycle or simply not having to craft it as often.

you should work more on this bait, it doesn't make any sense, just states the obvious with that "different colors are different timelines"

People so easily bullied are faggots. Like you. Why not fuck off and be a faggot elsewhere? You sound like a whiny SJW.

Nice appeal to an invisible army, faggot.

No-one here owes you a fucking thing. Go back to reddit where people will give a shit about your asshurt feelings.

I think a problem is so many services are now interlinked (Think how much shit facebook and twitter have their tentacles in) it's harder for normalfags to go off the radar. I have a facebook but it's common knowledge among people who know me I've not logged in for years.

What? Do explain how you arrived to that conclusion. I'm more confused than frustrated at this point.

Why wouldn't you want to explain your point of view to everyone else as well?

What does this have to do with anything? Seriously, I don't have a clue.

Fuck that. It was painful in Dead Space, and I want to take in the ambience of a spacewalk instead of hunting for O2 cannisters every 2mins as if that's realistic.

ZeniMax really need to burn.

One neat idea would be to tie in "survival mechanics" to the difficulty, so you could play on normal and just get a run&gun exploratory game but playing on harder difficulties requires that you keep extra details in mind.

The game seems to partially do this with enemies. I played it for a decent while in the 3rd difficulty level before restarting on the 4rd one and I noticed that Mimics were now hoping on walls and then on my face to avoid being shot and they were far more agressive. Phantoms also tried to set up ambushs, retreating behind a door and waiting on the other side too.

Hmm didn't realize there was an AI upgrade on nightmare difficulty. Only played on hard. That's unusual.

I always cut these immsim type games some slack. They try and do a little of everything but never master one thing. And there's not many devs left even interested in the genre.