Has there been any case where a single fan has humilliated a company by making something that the company couldn't do...

Has there been any case where a single fan has humilliated a company by making something that the company couldn't do or made something superior to the company?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Ay4lP
youtube.com/watch?v=0S3-WhfLXjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything Nintendo DMCAs and some big expansions pack for Skyrim a kid made as a resume for Bethesda to hire him.

That's nintendo in a nutshell OP. Are you new or something?

It really is amazing how autistic determination can out do money and manpower every day of the week

Nintendo's current Metroid department must be blind.
I suppose they tried to go the "we want the Jap audience" route after Prime series (which apparently didn't do all that good there), but did M:OM do well even in Japan?
I'm more interested about how the Japanese gamers took the game rather than how it was reviewed by their media.

IIRC It preformed better than the prime games in it's launch week in japan but didn't end up selling more than Metroid Prime 1's total jap sales

That autist Sakamoto was inspired by Kojima to go full-fledged cinematic storytelling bullshit in Other M, the goddamn bland and inconsistent characterization and the Baby monologues murdered what most people thought of Samus' character.

Except I'm pretty sure Sony killed him when they bought him out.

Considering Sakamoto's retardation and even Tanabe was talking nonsense in regards to FedFarce, yes, they're blind and retarded. The only hope Metroid has of getting out of the hole the people in charge of it put it in is if a dev and lead who care about the franchise get hold of it.

I can't remember the name but it was shit. The quests were shit, the world he built was shit (ugly unnatural border walls made of mountains), if he wasn't 14 or 15 it would've been just another shit mod lost to the annals of the steam workshop. Like it should've been.

$quare €nix on suicide watch, holy fuck.

It was just one gook btw.

It was just one gook with access to a ton of money and assets he bought off a store.

Lonely gooks confirmed for being better than $quare €nix.

Sonic Mania
That's not humiliation though, quite the opposite

Number #1

Well, you just answered your question, but yes. Technically, it was by three or four dudes.

This, it even has more voice actors than Skyrim did. Sadly the combat is still pure garbage.

Why is the world so pointlessly huge? It's just gigantic for the sake of being gigantic. Of special note is the solitary enemies standing on a massive block of flat terrain. What threat do they pose when you can just run fifty meters to the side of them?

AM2R

It's a demo you autistic fuck. Try playing it yourself.

The plot is a reflection of the writer mental health. In Nehrim, they went full left. In this, they realised they are cuck who fucked up their entire life, their country, and the settings world. That is why they burned the set. Bonus point because the dev team members are German.

Welp, looks like i gotta play it now.

did he win or did he fall victim to the horde

That looks FUN

Fuck off, faggot.

Yes, why would I expect a demo to be representative of the game? It's not as if that is the entire fucking point of a demo. Quit throwing around your baseless and meaningless insults, you stupid fuck.

Falskaar, I think? Kind of pathetic that that passes as quality with that flat map design and writing, but it is Bethesda I guess. On that note there's also another case they lifted wholesale from a mod for Fallout 4 (I think Autumn Leaves from New Vegas; elements of it was copied for Far Harbor if I recall).

The TES modding community does that all the fucking time, at this point Bethesda doesn't even try to acknowledge the modding scene because of it.

Some game companies get like THIS though, when they see the types of mods people make because it hurts their SJW feefees.

Don't forget the entire settlement system came directly from a Fallout 3 mod, also.

Holy shit that looks like an exact copy of FFXV and I bet it won't take them 10 years to make it.

It looks like shit.
There is no design to the world, it's empty as fuck, looks repetitive as shit and is made with premade assets.
What am I supposed to get surprised about exactly?
This place is really turning into reddit.

It's in south africa. Safe money says that he is dead as i'm typing this right now. Rip in peace my friend, your heart was bigger than your common sense.

Oh, look, /agdg/ back again to bitch because someone else was able to make something without their consent or retarded guidelines.

archive.is/Ay4lP
Story is only partially true, and they were told to evict the refugees because of their behavior. More likely, Wartnaby and his wife got rid of them because they couldn't afford to rezone their property into a residential zone.

Still puts some of these companies to shame since they have access to more money and more shit. If anything, this also shows how full of shit feminists and some other people are when they complain about games when they can easily find the funds to pull something like this off.

It has a bunch of alternative routes, you double nigger. It's called variety.

That's just fodder for nostalgia. The game is clearly far from complete, and I'm sure they'll spruce it up with different enemy types and in greater quantity.

You mean shovelware department? From all of Nintendo's actions towards Metroid, they sure seem like they hate the series and just want to shit out some games so it can die.

I don't understand the hate towards this guy.

Is that made using the SRB2 engine (which is a heavily modified Doom engine)?

wasn't that the case with bioshock infinite getting all pissed off over people sexualizing the heroine?

They didn't really sexualize her, all they did was make her the way she originally looked in the trailer by using the correct model. Which is already in the game. There's someone who did a compiled image showing all versions of the girl, one of them being a busty sexbomb version, and then the SJWs started up their bullshit and that version got axed and in the end we ended up with an Elizabeth who had small tits and a petite frame wearing a god awful puritan dress. But at the end of the game, all versions of Elizabeth we ever saw in trailers and gameplay footage show up to drown you.

The ending is shit, without a doubt, but at least they didn't try to make it seem like "those versions never existed in the first place" like say Rockstar.

I seriously want to fuck every single fucking JoJo character. I mean, JUST LOOK AT THAT DELICIOUS MOUTHPUSSY OPENING FOR YUMMY COCK. GOD DAMN!!!!

your mom

And I thought I could shitpost.

What character? Samus was practically characterless and a walking example of the man with tits trope. The gameplay was always the best thing about Metroid. Samus herself was always meaningless in comparison to that. A trojan horse surprise playing off of male gamer's reality based expectations of the sexes. Female heroes have always been cancer and Nintendo required sleight of hand to sell Samus because of this.

Goddamn, that trailer was cool as fuck.

Oh yeah, and Kid Icarus was a shining example of character development back then. Link had so much personality back in Zelda 2. It was a NES game, I don't know what you're expecting in terms of characters and world building outside of a game manual.
For fuck's sake, you talk like Metroid NES and Other M were the only games to ever be made, like Fusion and Prime never showed things from her past or her perspective. Even beyond that, you talk like the original doesn't show just enough of her character to show you that she wouldn't have a god damn panic attack over seeing a lanky ass grape pterodactyl she already shot in the face before.
How dare a female character not brag about how female and badass and female she is all the time, clearly she's just a gender traitor and should turn in her gun and uterus.

Nintendo

Every TES and Fallout 3/4 mod

How was Nehrim "full left"? All I remember was taking out an evil government, then taking out Fate because Fate is an asshole.

One dude, plus all the people he bought parts of the game from.

And…you don't think regular companies reuse assets from other games (Or, where originally left unused due to a project being cancelled)?

You don't know about the based Italian nerd who singlehandedly made a better Zelda game than Nintendo could ever dream of?

well you know what you want i'll give you that.

Yeah, it was called Falskaar and holy mother of fuck did the media shill it to hell and back. It was all part of the same cancerous wave of Redditors that thought Skyrim was a new IP, so they couldn't stop riding his dick because it was one of the first quest mods for Skyrim and because the creator was around 18 years old. That last bit is nothing special if you know anything about modding/programming communities, but it scored brownie points for the fluff pieces.

Funny thing is he applied for a job at Bethesda after releasing it, got rejected, and ended up being taken in by Bungie. He's now part of the Destiny team. Credit where it's due, I have to thank Todd for sparing us and not hiring someone just because of good press PR.

Just as good as the main series. If the community was large enough and smart about keeping their projects quiet to avoid cease and desist orders, they'd be able to carry Metroid without us having to rely on Nintendo.

More specifically, it's a tech demo, and includes assets from a completely different level in a corner of the map. It's meant to showcase what you can do in an environment that allows a lot of fiddling with mechanics. I'm not sure what enemy and level design will look like in the future, but I wouldnt base my expectations off of a tech demo. We'll have to wait and see (and shit on anything they get wrong :^) )

The point is that it's not accurate to say that one guy made it if he slapped a bunch of other people's work together. Even if he's still done the important bits, he's still not really doing it "on his own". Professional dev teams (at least the non-sketchy ones) cite work used through the credits/splash screens/legal info, and nobody really tries to suggest that, say, Vanquish was made 100% from scratch by Platinum. There's layers of other people's work in there and that's recognized

Dude's also looking at getting help from companies (budget+team), so the end product also likely wont be a 1 man project even discounting the asset store shit

Doesnt mean the dude's a piece of shit or anything, it's just not at all accurate to call it a one man project when its the sum total of multiple people's work

Turns out Fallout 4 can actually be pretty fun if you remove every single element that Emil was able to influence and actually

If any of you people from reddit or 4chan reads this please don't take this to mean that you were justified in buying F4, only buy games from developers that don't rely on the community to make their games good. I know you're here because high school just got out.

lol
Here's some fresh 4k textures, gimme those (you)s

Pic related
But really, I'm looking forward to this game once you finish it.

Textures don't mean shit till the animations look good. ==that eyeball looks neat tho==

fuck

Hey lad, how about finishing the game?
I love DMC.

Happened all the time with Payday 2. Even now they're basically playing catch up. All the recent additions were modded in ages ago and usually done better
Also a modder, less than a day after the dev team said they "couldn't 'fix' shotguns" because it was "impossible", released a mod that fixed shotguns. Shotguns in Payday 2 are retarded. Anything hit by a single pellet takes full damage, so you want really low accuracy so that you can kill more enemies with one shot. It doesn't matter if 1 pellet or 12 pellets hit them, they take the full amount of damage.

When did having ugly waifu's officially become a thing, because she is ugly as all fuck.

Lost my downsampler in the upgrade. I'll readd that later, maybe with adaptive sampling.
Temporal AA is a meme though.

Hire me some people if you want it done faster. Be aware that nobody is gonna want to do it for free at this level of quality.

How far would you say you are anyway?

I've been watching you for years
Please just finish ya shit eventually or just have back up plan in case you die

The game is functional, it just needs content. Imagine you've got Doom with half the weapons, E1M1 and an imp, but you know that the editors are done, and putting in another weapon or enemy is going to be a few clicks if you've got the assets.
Most of the work has gone into building a solid movement and combat system; this isn't a trivial task. Bugs keep popping up, and I need to go back and round them up every once in a while, which may require rethinking some parts of the system if they're prone to producing bugs. (like the missed animation cues that kept happening until a few days ago, which were fixed by adding proper in/out hooks to the c# side of the state machine; not patching those bugs right away turned out to be a good call)
I'll admit that things like menus have been neglected, and some old features might have succumbed to code rot, I avoid touching some of those things because I'd rather do them in one go when they're actually needed, to prevent that from happening again.

I've been busy building tools and workflows to save on the more time consuming work. Making levels is already blazing fast compared to cobbling them together the Unity way.
I've also been sidetracked plenty by asshats like who would send me back to the drawing board over and over, while folks with infinitely more resources get away with murder. I'm done with that now, but feel free to thank the guy for the delays anyway whenever he shows up.

Here's the backup plan. don't let me die

I've asked a local witch doctor to bring you back from the dead, we're good to go.

He's a Nigger though so don't expect him to follow through

found the faggot that thinks snopes is legit

I see. Well, I hope you get along rather quickly now and don't mess up too much along the way. I've been waiting for your game for years.
Frankly, the design isn't that important to me as long as it plays well. Will people be able to mod in other models?

This
Just stay healthy, lad.

Each and every project who got canned this way, deserved it. For they might had talent, but their attention whoring was bigger.

t. modder

Swapping a skinned character might be trouble since so much data is tied to the skeleton/avatar.
Let's save all the modding questions for later, it's far from a priority now.

This shit looks pretty good.

I'm sorry user, Near-a-tomato was already released.

Say what you will about Metroid or whatever, but every single attempt at making a fan Mario game has been fucking cancer. They never, ever get the physics right. To compensate, they add 30 made up, retarded powerups because they can.
That, and I haven't really seen a good Zelda, but I wasn't looking too hard.

And it's barely above kusoge.
People are disappointed precisely because it wasn't Tetrachrome and had no redeeming qualities besides meme endings and what they may or may not have ripped off from a hobby project on a cantonese clay sculpture discussion BBS, are you telling me I should quit now?

Damn son, that's so fucking not cool.

And it's cool to do this?

Being able to deal with destructive criticism is the essential skill developer should have, and you apparently don't have it. Learn it and don't become the next phil phish.

What

ggpo

The game was programmed and directed by a single guy, but most assets weren't made by him.
Saying he made the entire game alone is a lie.

what is the name of the game though? so i can find it when you release it.

He didn't make a single one of those assets dipshit

heh

But it was still he who funded it and got everything to work together. Honestly, he is somewhat of an inspiration to me. I'm a self-taught level designer and will also go through programming courses. I hope his project succeeds. If I remember correctly, Sony and Epic Games contacted the guy and offered him funding.

Tetrachrome is the working title, but it may change.

The game looks like absolute shit on so many levels, I hope Sony and Epic get it.

Don't use him as inspiration, even the guy making that character action game with that really ugly bitch with the white hair is doing a better job, but we also have the speebot guy and that guy who made that really shitty Doom clone, use them as inspiration.

I know what drives me to complete my own project, other than wanting to make some money from my hobby, is to make something to inspire others to follow the same path.

I'm not gonna deny that the gameplay good.
I just don't like when people give other people credit for things they didn't actually do, nothing good comes from it.

I'm onto you.

Can you link the 3 other developers? I'd like to check them out. As for Bing Yang, the game certainly looks unfinished and empty. The textures and foliage is also really bad. Based on his first videos, I'm pretty sure that his main focus is programming and cinematography. Everything else was pretty much bought by others.

The shit game media and youtubers were the ones who overhyped his project. They kept making videos and reactions of him or taking interviews and overhyping the fuck out of it. The poor guy probably didn't even want to attract all this attention.

I'm not blaming him for anything wrong.
I'm with this guy .
There's no hate or ill will toward him but people need get their facts straight otherwise they're just like the shit media and youtubers you mentioned.

I think not.

I don't remember, the character action goy is 90baf1, I'm sure they made the game themselves, the face of their main character certainly shows that they made it themselves. they have a tumblr but I don't remember what it was called,

Ika is the guy who made the doom clone, it is called Red Sky, it sucked ass but it was made entirely by himself and is a really good effort for a game completely from scratch, it was at least better than Strafe.
youtube.com/watch?v=0S3-WhfLXjc

The Speebot guy, I don't remember either, he puts out webms, he's already made a game and released it before, he's a pretty cool guy, he's notable because his game is not using a prebuilt engine, at least I don't think it does.

You seem to be new around here.

Yeah, he basically paid to have his game made, how inspiring!

Wew, at least you got over your 2butt depression.

I ain't paying that nigga just so he can say Holla Forums instead of 4chan

Clip starts -

Tyrone, sitting at desk wearing a suit and tie, the word fuck displayed on his monitor which is facing the viewer and not Tryrone.
Tyrone exclaims while moving his arms apart in an expressive manner.
"What the fuck are you doing"

Clip ends -

Things that many other games done by a single person have(and many that probably play much better than this game), but they don't get nearly as much recognition because they have amateur assets.
I wasn't gonna say anything because I didn't mess up your inspiration, but this game is a big middle finger to many aspiring devs with no funds. Don't take it as inspiration if you won't have the funds to make your game look as good.

Actually, you're correct. I said he was an inspiration because he shows that even without modeling/texture skills you can make a proper game if you're willing to pay. Thankfully there are many somewhat cheap programs today that make the creation of models and textures much easier.

sheeeeeet, good call user.

Delete this

MetaDoom? I mean, it's not like new Id knows enough about Doom to make something like that.

That's the truth although it's close to good, just has some fatal flaws.
It's precisely 76% 2B an 24% Jimmy Neutron.

nope

How has no one checked these digits yet?

What is the Elder Scrolls series?

I wouldn't be surprised if some people at Id Software thought the BFG edition of Doom 3 plus the new game was the entire series until Brutal Doom 64 reminded them of the Nintendo 64 title.
Guess MetaDoom will remind them of the mobile games and other console ports as well.

Samus had some character in the NES and SNES games, but like Gordon Freeman in HL1 it was defined by her actions in-game, not any real dialogue or plot. In the games you are a walking machine of death that murders practically anything in your way with little-to-no direction, spend the entire game in an alien, hostile environment with no allies or commander, and generally just rock shit until the planet fucking explodes. Metroid Prime encapsulated this perfectly, with Samus just wandering through dangerous murder-mazes just blowing up everything around her.
In Metroid: Other M you get chaperoned around by tough military men with more authority than Samus, none of whom get out-classed by her. the fucking main character, making her seem a lot less powerful in comparison. Not to mention fucking Adam bossing you around even though you're a fucking BOUNTY HUNTER who isn't supposed to have a boss or commanding officer.
It just took the idea of a badass space bounty hunter running around an alien world and blasting enemies and made it generic-military-squad-shooter.

good luck and godspeed A(GDG)non

I'm new here. What's the deal user? What kind of game is it?

Zelda Classic started out as a straight PC recreation of the NES game, but it became much more with the quest editor. Pretty much the definitive way to play The Legend of Zelda now.

I'll just dump everything for the newfags since this thread doesn't seem to be headed anywhere.

Pretty good for someone working by himself. I assume that you're using Unity?

My only recommendation would be to speed up the death animation. If the game ends up being difficult which I hope it does, it would get pretty annoying having to wait through a long death animation every time you die.

Hey, got advice for how to speed up level making? I'm the faggot making the chinky city.