SPACE THREAD Greatest mods

Post the best and most interesting mods you know of and tell us about them.

Since the last thread died a slow and lingering demise, lets try to fuck up this one, eh?

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68551
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64425
github.com/vaendryl/Sunrider
volafile.org/get/WoIm--rMasY6/After.the.Empire.rar
volafile.org/get/XQ455PTbp8Nt/After.the.Empire.rar
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10538533-get-razer-rewards-for-playing-star-trek-online!
rejava.sourceforge.net/,
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=673691047
archive.is/oSvmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hold on, there's a LOGH mod for SoaSE?

Muh nigga only one that's actually good to be honest along with that Star Trek mod. Complex just fucks balance up too much

Yes but unfortunately it's dead

What happened with the macross homeworld mod?

Glorious

I suppose I could try Starpoint Gemini 2
Any good mods I should get for it?

Think it's stuck in the engine update, they had to rework everything from scratch.

Stellaris was part of my early Humble Monthly unlocks.

Is it OK without the DLC or has it already reached Crusader Kings 2 levels of don't bother unless you have DLC?

Pretty much don't bother unless you have the DLC.

It was decent when it came out, but it feels really shallow now without the DLC. Even though there's not even much to that.

See

Beat me to it, it's DLC Kings 2 Level.

Well shit, hopefully the Humble people give me the DLC too. Or just pirate it.

Fuck. What a shame. Especially since SoaSE gameplay lends itself to LOGH pretty well. If only we had some 3D movement it would be ideal.
Have there been any new on a potential sequel to Rebellion?
Just imagine a SoaSE game with Homeworld inspired RTS-gameplay.

That reminds me, how is the Gundam mod for HW2?

Get the DLC here.
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68551

Never EVER buy Paracucks DLC.

See

and add in translation issues.

Have something similar for CK2?
I have a bunch of the DLC but I'm not willing to get any more.

Excellent. Nothing better than every patch for that broken game requires a ton of work just to get the mod running again.

Do graphical mods count?
EDFX or reshade (I've been using reshade recently) work wonders in E:D.
Might get some screenshots tomorrow, away from my desktop atm.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64425

They have every paradox game.

I know the Discovery mod isn't that great but everything else is ded in the water, and Holla Forumslancer didn't age well. I mean, it was fun when it was made but now it's just cancerous.

Try uninstall.exe

ebin don't forget to delete system32 for improved performance.

It's a legitimate suggestion, and especially so since there's a faggot dedicated to shilling that mediocre garbage.

Clearly we need to make a list of games that can only be discussed in Holla Forums to avoid the shilling :^)

The new game just releasing on steam is just a coincidence, then? How about you or some other dumb sack of shit coming into random threads and memeing this garbage as something other than garbage?

Go fuck yourself.

I'm sorry user we'll make sure to only discuss the space games you allow in space generals.

This half-baked garbage isn't even moddable aside from some hack tier shit. I repeat, fuck you and your shit game.

Absolute madmen.

What a shame.

Like you have to remind me. Perhaps Liru was a bad example though.

Rarely do I see someone on Holla Forums actually moving goalposts. Good job, user.

Well aaaaactually. Its not a mod for a space game, and I'm not sure you can call it a mod when the devs made it as an aprils fool gag, but it does exist…

Are there any fan translated ROM's for any of the Votom's games?

or just play this?

Is it any good?

Good but untranslated.
Another reason to learn nip.

>>>/test/

I only wanted to see if I could post again user

I already am.

Fag. We literally have a board for that.
>>>/test/

You still don't get it do you user, I was temp banned from Holla Forums and I wanted to see If I could post again, Now I'm trying to delete the test post man

If you already watched the cartoon you will know what is happening, but you wont know what special powers the units do until you use them.

Its a fun tactical game were you play the missions of the show, sadly the ships only move in 2D, the game ends at yang wedding.

You could've tried with an actual post, you queer.

Sounds mediocre.

more like average, its a must play if you liked the cartoon or you are starved for space games.
I think you cant even play the game anyway, because it needs games of windows.

Do you know, what mediocre means?

So much for a space game thread.

sorry, i guess that is an instant disqualification

God dammit.

Get a dictionary and read nigger.

user please.

What are the cool kids up to these day in Elite Dangerous when it comes to shekelmaking? And what happened to the minor faction we had going?

Mein nigger. An user suggested it to you, didn't he?

Or this.

I also like to point out you CAN move on the Z-axis in Sins but it's really unintuitive as fuck and not really worthwhile like in Homeworld.

I sure hope this shit ain't in Warlords because it upsets me to no end.

you can play it without games for windows, and i enjoyed it, so there you go. best game ever? nah, but it's fun to play out if you enjoyed the chinese cartoon

It was Korean user, get it right

Man…it's a long way to Colonia…

Maybe a month or two depending on how you play.

I've been taking my time scanning shit. When I cash it in I'm gonna have a sick amount of credits. I can easily see it taking a few months. Nevermind the trip back to core systems.

I'm probably gonna stream Cats Paw because it looks quite pretty from the outside. My only issue with viewing nebula is that if you're close to a star in the system they get washed out so you have to travel a good 1k LS out to really see them how they're supposed to look.

Not sure where I'm gonna go after I hit cats paw. I try to stay off the "main lanes" for deep system travel and so far I've had pretty good luck. I've scanned countless waterworlds, many of which were undocumented….and given the path I take I should get first naming rights on them for a nice bonus…I actually have to make it to Colonia though. One poorly made jump a momentary lapse in judgement and my canopy cracks I'm done.

I think I'd uninstall at that point and consider myself "dead" in the universe.

If I encounter hostile aliens I'm almost assuredly fucked.

Keep going with that scenic route, with the upgrades in payday with exploration it's definitely worth it, especially with the new engineer upgrades to the DSS, take your time. I doubt you'll find aliens but maybe you'll come across Raxxla. There's millions of systems close to the bubble that have never been explored. Me personally, never traveled further than 6k lightyears and yet have white dwarfs, neutrons, and a good number of ammonia/water/earthlikes worlds too my name and I only started playing this year.

I've had a few flight hiccups along the way.

I'm above 80% on all my modules now but I've already spent my repair drones up. I considered pussing out running back to the core. What I really need to do is FLY SAFE COMMANDER.

I usually stream cool stuff if I go near it but I also like listening to podcasts so I'm torn between enjoying the game and putting on a show.

I can do both but I'm a lazy shit. I recently played Fallout 4 during the free weekend and I decided it crack it. This is the first game I've pirated in at least a few years.

I had some rough travels as well, mostly with white dwarfs, sinc eI played with orbital lines off, I ended up getting too close to a white dwarf and that burned my shit up bad, lost more than half of my heatsinks trying to escape. There was no way in hell I was willing to keep traveling with one heatsink left, so I turned back.

Are there any big ship mod packs for the X 3 games? i remember years ago downloading this massive pack that basically added a dickload of user made ships from scifi shows and movies to every faction, but i cant find it on the egosoft forums.

Found some ancient screenshots from the mods, if memory serves me right i might have added loads of seperate ship mods to the game as this was non steam.

8th Imperial Pilots Syndicate in Wheemez.

We had some massive lost to influence due to expansions but we did manage to expand into 2 systems, one system is not buttfucking worth it since the main stations are like 387kls away from the main star(15 fucking minutes of flying) and the other one is a good system that has tons of bounty hunting spots and all that other shit, but the main faction is in control of pretty much everything so it will require tons of grinding, that system is Nortes.

Amazing how the thread is just as slow as the last one, maybe space threads are just slow?

Yest they are

I guess elves really had jack shit to do with how slow the last one was.

Well to be fair this one is slightly faster

At least its not the new series stuff. That series sounds worse the more you hear about it.

Anyone got any interesting news about the summer event ship for STO? The event should start in less than a week.

ALL HAIL J! ALL HAIL J!

Event ship is the Vorgon Carrier, which is the player version of the Vorgon Battleship from the mission with the Vorgons in it

New Thargoid encounter is habbening
and in usual Fdev style many people have encountered bugs with it
Should trigger if you scan any barnacle but here is the location for the one in the Pleiades
Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7, A 6, -42.77 / -21.7

It will show up eventually.

God dammit. I know gameplay story segregation is a thing, but it would be nice if the text reflected the attitude of the species you were playing as. Why would a craver bishop act like he is a captain from Star Trek?

Pic related on
Is all we have atm.
It's apparently going to be a carrier.

mfw

Ah, Elite Space Trucker: The Non-Game. That looks like shit really. Nothing shows the devs lack of motivation than that pile of garbage alien ship.

you seem to be very anal. Did you get fooled into buying the game instead of being fucking smart and doing your research before buying shit that can't be cracked?

1st of all Space threads being slow is nothing new if were actually a regular to these threads and second Bringing your faggotry into the new thread isn't right user and it was just mostly you that was complaining user and I didn't delete the thread, your mod friend banned me for hurting your feelings If you are going to complain leave it somewhere else user

Are there any good gundam mods? I hear theres one for homeworld 2. I think one for strike suit zero would be awesome

Not enough interest in that game, and it would require a bit of work to get that to run in any kind of enjoyable fashion.

does strategy count? distant world no gud?

are you going through every thread posting that liru?

All space games count user, If it had a space theme,level,scene you can talk about it here

The REARM mod for homeworld 2 gave me my own fleet of named ships.

That looks nice user

btw SPESSS!
anyone playing KSP lately? just saw there was an update and like they setting the company, perhaps finally the game can improve

Monthly reminder that Mandate is dead.

So far SPG 2 has been **fun* a bit on the shallow end gameplay wise with controls that feel too arcadey to be perfect.
A mate of mine wants to me to play with him though, so are there any games like SPG 2 or x3 that have multiplayer? And ideally let you take over stations, territory and/or factions?

General reminder to mourn the victims of the murder-suicide of the Mandate shill.

Thanks Frontier, thanks for reminding me that most of the visual customization is locked behind a real-money cash shop.

It's a damn shame that a game with such scale and audio/visual quality is getting squandered on turning everything into nickel and diming.

Whats wrong with liru?

Someone recommended Starpoint Gemini: Warlords as a space Mount & Blade and boy it's not very good so far. Camera is M1 click and drag but that also fires guns and camera movement is RELATIVE even though it was only released on PC. Maneuvering is clumsy, the UI is polished almost beyond usability, voice acting and story suck, it has RPG elements where "RPG elements" means "a few insanely uninspired combat skills with no tradeoff except their cooldown", the entire game feels like it was designed for a console in all the worst ways, down to Dpad-shaped quick use slots.

Does it get better?

No one?

I pirated this to try it, it changed my windows mouse sensitivity upon launching it which caused me to immediately delete it. I already read some shit about the cameras but that sens shit clearly shows they didnt put effort in, so i said fuck off.

at least the line is drawn at cosmetics

Just try Starsector instead, it's better in every way.

That's disappointing because I didn't really like Starsector either.

Holy shit, they still make mods for HW2? I haven't been paying attention since I thought everyone had moved on from that game since it wasn't very good.

On a separate note, should I play Stellaris or Distant Worlds? I want a new 4X space game to play. I'm reluctant to play Endless Space 2 since I didn't like Endless Legend that much. I never played ES 1.

There are gigantic amount of mods for HW2. BSG, Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Babylon 5, Gundam, etc. Plus a bunch of original stuff too.

Stellaris is shit for a wide variety of reasons including awful combat, poor balance, and only one way to play. Play DW

ES2 will be good after an expansion pack and significant bug fixes

Is it weird that I really like the design of the space jews ships?

Bam

I've been playing Homeworld and now Homeworld 2. How does the remaster of HW2 compare to the original?

Remaster is garbage.

Don't bother.

Remove Bentusi.

I think there is no difference, there were a shit load of changes for hw1 remaster, so its better to play the original.

I see. Thanks.
Sadly the original HW1 stutters. Apparently that's because of the tickrate being at around 15 or whatever so even though it's running fine at 60FPS, it runs like ass.

One thing that is really bothering me about HW2 is that it just fucking teleports you. What is this shit? Is this only in the remaster?

Don't post that liru, you're only making it so star citizen actually gets forever ever'ed. And then no matter how shit it is normalfags will eat it up like they always do and it'll always reinforce their belief that scam yiddizen is alright.
If it continues to flop like it already is maybe 1 or 2 will learn kikestarter is on a conceptual level objectively unacceptable.

Scam Yiddizen is at least the hope of a good space game, after Elite Dangerous turned out the way it had because of incompetent dev our options have become limited.

THERE IS NO TIME! WE MUST SAVE OUR PLANET
But I need to
NO TIME!
Good thing you werent in the relicforums before and after homeworld 2 release, shit got hyped and people were losing their minds.

No

What do you mean? The Hyperspace travel or how all your ships are docked automatically?

Seriously, who at relic thought this was a good idea?

The jump, obviously.

Yeah, it's pretty shallow, and I'm not a fan of the controls. The basic idea behind them has merit, I think. wsadqe for flying the ship, while you aim with the mouse. Lets you fly around and shoot the turrets at stuff, pretty sensible stuff. But it should be normal fucking mouselook, not emulated mouse-joystick look. It's just awful. The skill system feels like some barely tacked on MMO shit, boarding is piss easy, and makes every other way of earning dosh obsolete. Missions set inside electric nebulas that rape your shields but don't affect NPCs are irritating.

I kind of played myself, though, as soon as I had the money, I bought a set of really high end guns, and have been wrecking face ever since, with no challenge or progression in sight.

My other issue with the game is that nothing seems to have any fucking lore. You've got an info option in your stupid middle click context menu, but I have yet to see it give any info beyond the name of the targeted thing, which you can already see just by targeting it in the first place. Like, maybe they got some shit in their geminipedia or whatever, but I ain't yet bored enough to go digging in there. Stick some of that shit in the info dialogue you lazy slavic fucks

Hm, sounds like they didn't fix any of this shit, which is a shame.

IIRC, at least it automatically gathers up all the unmined asteroids for you; if you ended the mission before mining everything inn HW1 you were shit out of luck.

Because he's tricking the dipshit Horatio of course! He's gonna use them for food and he needs their trust so that he can get their numbers up.

The jump always worked that way. Since they have a Core they can jump anywhere they want, this is how they got fucked and exiled in the first place.

It does but you see, maybe I want to build some ships before I go to the next mission. Oh, what's this? Why do you have so few ships? What's wrong, why aren't you prepared? Should've built more ships before jumping haha.

Is there r34 of underfed liru?

why

She makes my testicles tingle

Why not?

Oh I get it, in HW2 you can't wait for jump and as soon as your objectives are complete it ends the level. If I recall correctly, the difficulty is scaled to the amount of ships you have, so too many ships and you are fucked too.

How many games do this right?
I can't think of any other than God Hand off the top of my head.

HW1 (not remaster) was alright, a few frigs more to keep things challenging but not impossible.

mite b cool

or mite not

It will suck brah.

Because MUH STORY and shit like that, they wanted to make the player feel the urgency of the situation

People are fucking casuals, I remember some bitching about the difficulty in some missions, specially one were you needed to destroy a lot of heavy ships, manage to do fine, as long as I didnt rush the damn thing, but noooo its to hard, and it got nerfed.

That is, until you realize you can just take the entire enemy fleet mission after mission and become unstoppable because salvaged ships carry over and don't count towards the population cap.

This was a known exploit.

Get on the line, im still waiting por of pic related

Collecting ships and building your harem with qt xenos is not an exploit

Yeah it's going to be shit. If you want a good battlestar galactica game, try Diaspora. It's superior to plenty of commercial shit and it's free.

There are no xenos in HW, except maybe the Beast, but it's not canon sadly.

They released the sunrider source code some time ago
github.com/vaendryl/Sunrider

Bump

Just let it go, user, space vidya is dead

These threads were never that fast user and always needed a bump every so often.

No

How do I git gud at Distant Worlds? After playing a game I realized that the AI is absolute shit at managing a military, so that was the first thing I took off automation. I also took control of research since it's not something that needs a lot of involvement in the first place. I also discovered that it's really easy to jew the AI empires by selling them galaxy maps. I don't think it matters that much since AI in games is usually omniscient anyways but please tell me if I'm fucking up. I also want to handle ship design myself next game because I realized I don't know what the fuck I'm building.

Do you fags have any tips regarding good techs to aim for or handling pirates?

Anyone have the new starsector version link?

DW is awesome, first of all, 4xg thread by the way was talking about it

that should be the first thing to take manually, and might I add the most time consuming
but it's essential for to learn what's is what, how combat works, and basically what drives technology
the first time you design is the most time consuming, and after that the auto update just takes the template and changes if there are upgraded components
plus you will sure make some overhauls for the screw ups

this on the other should be fully automatic, maybe the exception of fleet handling
escorts and frigates will escort and patrol your out skirts, other ships will sit around colonies
fleets on the other hand will serve as string defender for a larger(U+200B was here)area, or strong strike

focus on a couple weapons type, like physical or energy weapons and evolve them,
later on more complex weapons will come, but the bulk soul use your focused weapons
Shields and armour are essential for your ships to survive, reactors, fuel, warp drive, weapons, size
you will see pretty much everything is important, and to balance them is pretty hard, and your initial designs are pretty much fodder

new colonies are easy to handle with the interface, and rare enough for you to handle yourself
I'd like to manually control builders at first, and always keep at least two manuals at hand
knowing where to (and where not to) expand is pretty important too
and a tip, constructors with more than a building bay are helpful to repair your fleet on the move

wut game is this?

Starpoint Gemini 2, was given out for free a couple weeks ago.

Is star trek online any good? It looks like yet another microsoft excel mmo except in spess.

That is the complete opposite of what it is.

Its still pretty darn shit though.

Indeed it is.

Have a webm.

Yup.

On other note, summer event starts soon.
This years ship is a mon calamari cruiser that carries fighters.

They are frigates, frigates with mines and dispersal pattern alpha.

It's still a carrier and perfectly capable of running fighters as well.

The klingon helmet has head ridges.
Why?

The most interesting this about the new ship is that it's not a sci carrier like nearly every other carrier. Its more like a t6 version of the old mirror universe Vo'Quv, with its focus moved from science to engineering. So it will have less dps potential in the current meta, but it can be made fairly tanky while spamming all the classic cruiser skills.
For anyone looking to get into STO without paying the ferengi's, getting this ship would be a decent start.

Speaking of carriers, I need to grab me a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought as soon as I am able.

I don't know.

But i do agree that that ship is a pretty decent way of getting to the end game without forking out cash/grinding dilithium.

I don't even want a dyson gayship and the Samsar was replaced by the Breen dread over a year ago.

It's still a neat looking ship.
Also you could get it and that Dyson ship through phoenix packs when they start handing them over again.

I highly doubt they put the Dyson ships into the phoenix box, because the event ones were put into the lobi store years ago.

It is there, as well as the Voth dildo ship.

Well I know the dildo is there, how do you think I got my JHAS?

which game is that? you get to play as adventure?

Star Trek Online

What this guy said
And does it play like an adventure?
Well, you can fly around and go near planets and do on some of them some missions if you like to, there is also a pretty extensive story mode and some end game queues into team content.

Did you play the first? I played it close to release and dropped it like hot garbage after it crashed in the tutorial. Did patching make it better?

So I found this game dumped in one the trackers I visit, I've yet to play but it looks to to be some autistic space strategy game.

Left it uploading in the vola while i went off to work so I'll leave the vola link here if wanyone is interested.

After the Empire about a 250mb game. See if it catches anyone's attention and see how the game is, I doubt I'll have time to play it any time soon.

volafile.org/get/WoIm--rMasY6/After.the.Empire.rar

I was asking because of the characters play like in your last picture, something that reminds of mas effect, don't really know other games that did that well

Ah, well.
You cna play it in either rpg mode where you push buttons and move the character with wasd and activate your skills with buttons or mouse, or you can go to 3rd person mode and shoot your gun with mouse, move with wasd and activate your abilities with buttons.

Started a freeroam character in SG2, outlaw is pretty neat even if you don't have access to that lawful licenses that give you money every month due to being friendly with corps, and those Brotherhood faggots are still hostile to you even at full outlaw, which is a minor annoyance since their tiny suicidal lemming "ships" grant positive reputation points when you blow them up. I have recently found enjoyment in the form of a destroyer I captured from those Sanctuary faggots.

My god, that looks like Distant Worlds levels of autistic. Still, the UI looks better than DW's, things seem organized and well defined. I might look at it.

The destroyer you want is the Eclipse or the Aristach you want to fly as an outlaw. The eclipse you can by from a station, has 60 crew, so it can hijack anything smaller than itself and even smaller frigates, without problem.
The aristarch, has an insanely tough shield and a layout that makes it nigh unhittable for AI ships attacking you, allowing one to easily tank multiple dreadnaughts or carriers, with a bit of fancy manoeuvring.

And when you get to cruisers, try out a Hydra S from Thauria. 90 crew for pirating ships, cloaking device for extra sneakyness and a hangar bay for fighters or bombers.

Not only that but people claim it's better than SC while both are faces of the same fake coin,both scams and with autistic community that will defend it till death as shown here

Why you bringing up an Excel game in a space thread?

SSZ has good gameplay but the storyline is a generic shit heap. They could probably use a lot more customization too

combat is trash and insufferable

homeworld 1 remastered is jsut HW2 engine with HW1 assets, nothing works right and they didnt even have sphere formation when it started

key notes
HW2 engine uses scripts and RNG for attack
HW1 engine uses mechanics and collision based projectiles and damage

shit like the garden of kadesh ship ramming does not fucking work right

THE LIST:
- ALL THE GAMES

This. Why would anyone ever want to talk about space vidya in the Space thread on Holla Forumsidya. Thats just crazy.

does anyone have a classical music pack (music files + context.cfg) for Space Engine?

Is there a mod to make Battlefleet Gothic playable?

It could have used a lot of things. A campaign that didn't stick you in ships that didn't take advantage of the main mechanic that set it apart for a good chunk of it would be one good thing. Enemies that weren't just fodder or capital ships might be another.

too lazy to start a thread just for this but:
why won't they cover?

on another note, any decent or just have mods for DW?
I could see how modding has pretty wide aspect in that game

I didnt have that problem when playing the game.

I've enjoyed the game in the past, but I'm waiting for the dust to settle on their recent problems.

If they can get the normal A.I. (and sectors) to play a little better, that would be great.
I'm not interested in playing against cheating A.I. The A.I. just needs to get better.
Patch 1.6.2. will do it, hopefully.

New Starsector has been out for a month and most mods have been updated. Any opinions so far?

LotGH book 4 comes out this month and book 5 will follow shortly after. Be sure to support the translations of further LotGH books by purchasing these ones, along with books 1-3 if you haven't already. I already pre-ordered books 4 and 5

They switched translators, so I am going to wait to see how it is prior to buying. Chances are I will be buying them, though.

Backpedalling is still a thing, friendly AI so bad it's painful, mount&blade'ing still through nexerelin.
Not much from previous version, eh.

How do phase frigates still exist in starsector, that shit is ridiculously unbalanced. Put a couple antimatter blasters on one and try fighting 1vs1 anything in sim mode. Git gud and you can kill everything with no hull damage, including onslaughts and paragons. Flying that single ship around in the regular game with char skills buffing CR, peak, etc. there's almost no fleet you can't kill after a few retreats for more ammo and time.

Does anyone still have a copy of this?

Problem is, phase ships run out their peak time very quickly and usually end up malfunctioning and either retreating or dying halfway through the battle.

While that sounds good on paper, there is almost no fleet in the game I can't kill with 1 phase frigate in a single encounter with skills buffing CR and peak and doing tactical retreats to reset peak and ammo. The only thing I've really been cockblocked on are the AI stations. I bring a paragon for those.

You can do the same thing by having a fleet of tempests or medusa and flying each one one at a time for maximum CR efficiency. I'm a bit skeptical that you're able to take out an Aurora with a phase frigate considering the shield and the speed of the thing.

volafile.org/get/XQ455PTbp8Nt/After.the.Empire.rar

When you disable the phase cloak to fire, trigger the frigate's ability to drop the target's shields first. It lasts a split second but that's enough time for a low RoF weapon like antimatter blasters to deliver a big punch. You never hit shield.
At 4x phase and a top speed you can get up to 198 without Safety Overrides / Unstable Injector, it's moving at a real-time speed of 792.

It is OP as fuck.

is this the up to date version?

I made a webbum of fighting an Aurora for you to show you what I mean. It's a little sloppy as I've not played in a while and scaling it from 1440p was probably not the best of ideas. Every ship is just as easy, including capitals. Only AI stations cause me trouble because there are too many beams and fighters with beams.

Those Taxi and Ferry missions occasionally make you haul some fairly unusual things.
Not depicted here are the full discography of death metal bands, beauty pageant winners, travelling sale's men, porn collections and containers that may or may not contain people.

alright, I see why I quit the game the first place

The ferengi are at it again!

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10538533-get-razer-rewards-for-playing-star-trek-online!

But hu-mon, it only takes 1000+ hours of gameplay to get yourself a free mouse! Isn't that a good deal?

thoughts on that?

Can someone recommend me a strategy game that's focused on politics?

Good but after the first four or five games It begins to feel predictable and every other game would feel the same.

bump

CK2.

download it from their site, heal it yourself, it's all plain text while you edit it
you need java reading-editing shit like reJ from rejava.sourceforge.net/, then open starfarer_obf.jar/com/fs/starfarer/new, there will be shit with fuckton OOOoOOoOO…OOoOOo.class, in its name, only one here.
open it and scroll past list with blacklisted keys (don't post yours online kids, developer gonna blacklist them), you'll see function that named/starts with "public static boolean o00000(String p0)".
choose everyting inside it except "icinst_1 1" and "ireturn", click RMB and choose Remove, end result should look like
public static boolean o00000(String p0) {iconst_1 1ireturn}

technically speaking, you should be good by JUST removing blacklisted key from this .class and reuse it, but personally I haven't tried.
My version seems remember published key I've used few versions ago and doesn't bother me, lol.

Anyone else remember the source mod Eternal Silence? That shit was awesome.

Could this possibly help alleviate your suffering fam?

Theageofhugewarships mod for Starpoint Gemini 2
It mostly adds a bunch of gundam ships to the game with a few other big ships such as the Yamato and the Terran Battlecruiser from Starcraft.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=673691047

That's not what it says.
I'd have mentioned one regardless if there was one I know of.

This will do nicely.

Stellaris is really fucking bland. All races are built out of the same pretty limited system with the same techs, there's next to no uniqueness. Everyone inhabits Earthlike or single Earth biome planets; gas giants, toxic worlds, barren rocks, frozen rocks, and volcanic planets are all uninhabitable. All governments are pretty much stuff you can find in human history. Diplomacy, war, and borders work like a land-based Paradox historical GS instead of like a space based game. The balance is shit.

The game also has horribly unfun micro for developing planets and building armies, instead of being able to click and build stuff everywhere (let alone templates) you have to manually click every. single. ship. And instead of anything like a clone stamp for building, or shift clicking for mass upgrades, you have to click each tile, then mouse over to the buildings, then scroll down, then select the building, then mouse over to the next tile and click, then mouse over to the buildings, then scroll back down again, etc.

Is the fact that all sci-fi is gone the reason why space is dead?

Valerian might be okay. The reason science fiction is dead is because of a disappearing middleclass and the cold war ending so Murricans don't care about space anymore. The USSR is gone and Russia is hardly a superpower anymore so they can't hype up space either.

Truly it is a sign of the collapse of western civilization

Also, SJWs have subverted the literary genre and it's now about how many genders there are and how good the future is going to be without white people around.

Its gone because we are already in the future and it sucks.

Don't forget that Warhammer 40K went to 8th edition and now galaxy is split in half and rowboat girlyman walks the Earth.

Are there any modern fast-paced action space games? I mean stuff like Blast Radius, where the focus is on the action instead of the strategy.

Everspace?

Building a junker ship in Space engineers, will post when done.

I've just started Starpoint Gemini 2 and I must say that it is a lot better than I imagined it would be. Some of the ships look very stupid but others look pretty excellent. I'm enjoying it so far.
Have any other anons experienced this as well?

Pretty cool, user.

I think it's time to break out the kanar!

Less dead than I expected

Have the Trekfags returned to Remove Hasperat?

which board is it?

/strek/

Ghail Garmillon

I just want to become such a powerful empire that I even make God bow to me

wait, they all died?

Please delete it the video user

That's just a dream user, but it's still spoilers

Jesus Christ how depressing.

Just going to share some pics from Sins of a Long Ass Title Rebellion.

I really wish there was a game where you are pretty much a random grunt that gets deployed from a spaceship through orbital drop pods to raid an alien base with your squad mates. I've finally got to read Starship Troopers and the beginning of the book really makes me want a game like that. Or just a god Starship Troopers game.

Is ED a game yet? Last time I played it was a screenshot simulator. I just got Starpoint Gemini Warlords and its pretty fun.

which game?

Elite Dangerously Low Amount Of Content

Who wants to bet that Thargoids will be renamed CZ? FD were handled a sure thing with ED and they did fuck all with it. It will go down in history books as the definition of wasted potential.

Have you tried the combat? It's pretty fun.
Although unless you go to player group pvp events you'll need an engineered grindfest ship first.

To be fair the game has gained a bit of content over recent development. The devs have also stated after 2.4. They will be going back and updating/fixing "core game features" like they should have in the first place.

I know. I still play it. And I've heard that there won't be a new paid season for a while.

I hate Rebellion Skyboxes, they are too dark, it makes the ships look bad, i still play Trinity from time to time because of this.

They've dropped the season model but they will probably have a different way of getting that 60$ every 1-2 years, probably with smaller priced and quicker turnaround updates.
I've seen people mentioning things like the Trader update, Explorer's update etc.
At least landing on more worlds is confirmed for the near future, barren worlds with atmosphere's is probably next with Gas giants SoonTM after.
The press has been showed caves as well so something else to find on current land-able planets.

Focus on core mechanics is good news but FD doesn't have a good track record right now. Multicrew was a dead on arrival feature and they still went with it.

I'm undecided if my buying the "all expansions forever-pack" during crowdfunding was a good idea or not.
Space truckan is fun and all until you realize your trading does absolutely nothing to the economy.

seriously? why? It's stange for a company to drop some method of moneymaking that they've kept for a long while.

explain. Multicrew finally got released? Except it was broken or didn't work or something?
It's been forever since I last played, I've been out of the loop forever. The most entertaining and coolest part of the game was landing on planets, at least back when I played. I assume you can still only land on barren rocks with no atmosphere, right?

Multicrew mechanics ate shallow as fuck amd plagued by the usual networking errors like wings. It's a tackled on feature like everything else they did in 2.0. landing on airless rocks was a pretty cool feature but again they did nothing with it. Also engineers casino was a complete letdown, i don't know why they went for that weak ass design. Engineers belong in freemium mobile game, not in a space sim.

So what can your copilots actually DO? They just sit there and aim turrets or something?
I stopped playing before that became a thing, which was introduced right after I stopped. I don't know the specifics but I've heard enough shit about it to get the idea, can't understand what they were thinking. That's some MMO-grind tier shit in a game that's already "grindy" enough in that you're already doing most of the same things over and over again. Who thought that was a good idea and why is baffling.

I mean you've saved yourself paying for all these expansions in the long run.

Rather then taking one year as predicted to complete season 2 the whole thing has taken Frontier about 2 years overall. It's clear they've locked themselves into releasing what was promised for season 2 with little room to move which has put a lot of stress on the community as shit takes fucking forever to be released. Rather then locking themselves into another season and the development suffering from it they probably want to work on smaller updates with a smaller reach so they have room to move as complaints rise about their latest fuck up.

On Multicrew released with sub-par features, you can join another player from anywhere in the galaxy but all you can do as a passenger is aim and fire turreted weapons (which are a straight downgrade dps wise in pvp) or fly a ship launched fighter which only a small selection of vessels can do to begin with.
To top it off the whole update is called "Horizons" but their implementation of multicrew pretty much locks out any surface missions as the SRV cannot be deployed at all when multicrew is active. Combined with the way it's been combined with the wing system you can't join a wing either when multicrew is active which can sometimes cause connection issues with they way wings solve some problems with instancing. It's simple problems like that which will probably be fixed in these new updates.

MMO's have had Engineer tier grinding since inception and the grind has only been improved since release (all ingredients drop in 3's, rates have been increased etc). Unless you are a dedicated pvper (as mentioned before pvp events are run without engineered ships) the QOL shit Farseer give's any ship via fsd range boosts and dirty drives is fucking sweet and some of the easiest engineer recipes to complete in the game.
I'll agree however when it comes to balancing the game Fdev have completely fucked up. I'm hoping with the end of season 2 they'll take a good look at some of the engineer effects and mods and give them some hard tweaks to stop the runaway power spike many of them have created.

While we're talking about ED, do we have control of our system yet? I might drop in when I'm done with Starpoint Gemini.

Thanks for reminding me, we did have control of Wheemez but recently lost it due to a lack of players doing anything ingame and possibly some players working against us for some reason.

Anyone without a life still playing E:D, Please run missions for the 8th Imperials Pilot's Syndicate in Wheemez and surrounding systems
I think we are still in Nortes and one other system but have no control of any stations. Focus should be on Wheemez though so we can take Bradfield back from the FUCKING WHEEMEZ PARTNERS REEE.

Also just to catch anyone up with the Thargoid happenings

archive.is/oSvmY
Take a look at the earlier images of the two fucking totaled Cap ships for an idea of how fucked we are at least until the Thargoid engineers showup.

Don't kid yourself, Thargoids will be reskinned npcs in reskinned cz. I'm not looking forward to rngneer another ship too. Fuck them and their shitty casino.

I feel like they've got something else planned, especially with the huge break between 2.3 and 2.4.
I mean we don't even have a release date yet, they've just said Q3 so far.

Why not? Isn't that how hate works? I mean after all people always hate and fear what they don't understand amirite LOL, people just hate something because it's different!
One of the bigger revelations I had when I realized what was going on in the world is that people almost always hate for a very good reasons, and that the whole "they hate X because X is just different and they don't understand" myth was total bullshit. Anytime I hear someone actually say that shit I want to fucking punch them in the face for being so retarded.

We'll see then, Sandro Sammarco couldn't design his way out of a paper bag so I'm not holding my breath.

Translated: "We're going to nerf fun as much as humanly possible!"

Are you retarded?
How are you going to nerf fun when most of the core gameplay mechanics of Elite are barely fun to begin with.

For someone who plays Elite you are surprisingly naive. They will find a way.

Will we ever see another game in the X series and will it still have the same broken autopilot as all their other games?

I've been playing Starpoint Gemini 2 and just finished the campaign. Man that was lame and shit.
I just tried "origins" and it looks to be far worse than this campaign. Is my impression wrong? Is origins worth playing or should I just skip it?
I wish I had some SS. The game looks quite jaggy at times.

Who knows. I'd prefer it stay dead if a sequel would be another abortion like rebirth.

Well in interesting news, user on /strek/ graciously uploaded latest version of Pulsar Lost Colony. Would you fags be up for playing that together all pretending to be Dukat?

Origins is the first game's campaign redone in SG2 and added as free DLC, only play it it you want backstory and a slightly more challenging campaign.

They are making X4 and mods will fix it.

I looked at their forums, X4 will still have highways and it sounds like it's basically a sequel to X Rebirth. So it's dead to me I guess.

This is (you), user.

Also fuck you, SPG2 is probably the best space sim I've played since fucking Freelancer.

Well, since the other faggot over there is sperging out about it, is Starpoint Gemini Warlords any good or do I have to wait 10 patches until its doesn't crash just because I clicked too hard at it? The story of 2 was awful and the game was bare bones like every other space sim these days cause "muh graphis = content." I just don't see how they could have made that better by adding strategy into the mix.

Going by what I've seen, it's decent enough -
though sometimes the friendly AI pulls some real bonehead maneuvers, particularly when defending territory you've captured - and the ship designs leave a lot to be desired (apparently they're basically "brick, bigger brick, and brick that can launch smaller bricks to attack enemy bricks").

On the plus side, it's not Space Spreadsheets.

My apologies to any Minbari I may have inadvertently offended.

Was 2 worth playing or is it just a shill game?

I don't mind bricks.
this I do mind, I don't play games to get paperwork done. Does it get too much into micro managing though?

It was worth playing mainly because of the combat, the story like I said barely holds up but it gives you an excuse for getting into a few fun brawls and some of the side quests are nice thanks to the background. However the moment you're done with them, the game is dead and there's no point in doing anything, pirate first before making any decision, buy only if its very, very cheap.

Story is pretty crap but the gameplay is essentially capital ship Freelancer.

well, i installed sunrider: liberation day, does having a save from mask of arcadius important?

Space Engineers provides me endless torment as I try to improve on things, I just wanted to turn it into a remote control drone ship.

SE needs fixes badly, the fucking Jump drive still kills people for fucks sake

good news is I figured out why my old saves wouldn't show up in the load menu.
They were in the wrong folder in appdata.