Dark Souls Thread

Without giving me explicit directions, tell me how the hell I'm supposed to that place on the map. I've wracked my brain trying to think of ways to get there, so far no luck. I don't want to be spoonfed, just give me a hint.

Oh, yeah. Post your character, post your stats, post your favorite:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!qcwSQSTZ!zVwh1ClzRciQ0ZQ1fhsCMmGM0WZirecSpdh-tCk0FeY
mega.nz/#!7ZIXwa6B!zcfj_XivIXa4XhhuPIwqSqtTvfxmv9g7Kyao4-MTqSE
mega.nz/#!fJZwnbTb!6bWG3oplVvAyuMoWMe6IiKq4u1KZfIFs4Zc-4CBKyUw
mega.nz/#!vZAyBQQD!DVfUeIWPJeUJkxIwrzuzNkUJ_-ebZQc_t5iFNSpis8M
mega.nz/#!zZpz1JoK!3PUt2QEXMRbfF8mMVa5vI68QebPazzeN4mMmX00GynU
mega.nz/#!fR400KRC!CO6lZNj3RECh11mmdfejo_6o2QDMH0d5dnbKgJaD_jw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hidden ladder, solve the puzzle.

try humanity

Try but hole.

I'm in trouble - please recommend this message

Unless you played DS1 there is no chance you'll get the puzzle. Just google it if you haven't.
If you have try examining the walls more carefully

I stood in front of the engraving, doing gestures like a retard, for like half an hour before I started to go through my inventory. I tried everything. I tried throwing knives, I tried the wooden carvings, I tried reversing my hollowing, I tried using jacking off on my keyboard and slitting my wrists while praying to Miyazaki. Nothing works.

look around the swamp and see if you can see anything out of place.

skeletons

Just google it, it's kind of pointlessly obtuse tbh fampai.

Use Chameleon or the white branch to transform yourself into a humanity ghost. Be sure to tell Lapp about it, he would be all in tatters if you didn't

This

Try swamp, and then try mimicry.

and here I was using gestures to "show my humanity" thinking that they wanted me to make my character express a specific thing. It worked in DaSI with the curl up like a ball thing in the raven's nest. I also tried equipping various rings, thinking that one of them would magically make the ladder appear like the darkmoon ring/gwyn's statue in Anor Londo.

I would have never thought to do that.

Use Chamelon in the swamp until you transform yourself into a humanity sprite, then go back to the wall..

Did anyone actually fight their way down the stairs into the swamp? I did just run past, after a few attempts.

Been replaying the first DaS lately, trying my long planned tank build. It's kinda fun just nope'ing my way through though NG+ kind gives me the finger (I forgot how vicious NG+ in this game is).
Anyway, going back from 3 to 1, the thing I immediately noticed is the amount of options you have. I forgot how crazy this game is in that regard. just at the start, the amount of things you can do is staggering - go to the bone zone to grab some weapons, return to the asylum, go fight Havel, open a shitload of shortcuts, go grab some embers etc.
I've hundreds of hours sunk into this game and I'm still hearing some dialogue for the first time like talking to Petrus after paying Lautrec for intel.
Hellkite is absolute cancer to fight. Probably the cheapest thing in the entire series; there's a lot of bullshit but I don't there's any other enemy that uses meaty frame traps.

Yeah, it's pretty damn stupid. The thing you're "chameleoning" doesn't even appear in the area. Only later on when you're fighting Midir.

In the first run, I have this autistic need to go slowly and "mop up" the area but after that, I sanic my way through. Speaking of that area, another interesting contrast between 1 and 3 - in DaS1, enemies actually have the decency to walk away if you're talking to a NPC.

I fought my way down once I realized the huge hulking swordsmen could be easily killed with plunging attacks.

I did DaS 1 again while waiting for the last DLC. What I realized is how often I played the beginning of the game to try out different builds, only to loose interest in them after a while. Actually finishing it again, from beginning to end, felt kinda special.

Been playing DaS2 myself so I can get all cheevos and never feel the need to install that shit ever again. Even when you know what you're doing the gameplay is pure cancer at the beginning, combat is plodding and weightless at the same time. It gets significantly better once you go for the full strength muh berserk weapons, almost like the entire game was designed around greathammers and UGS. Then you still have to deal with how uninspired every level is.
One thing I gained a greater appreciation of however is the torch system. With an UGS I don't care much about my left hand so I went with a torch more often, and there's satisfaction to be found in illuminating levels that are otherwise murky crap. It also makes water pits like shrine of amana and the poison gas in harvest valley a breeze to navigate. It's not exactly great, but less superfluous than I thought.
Also which one of you fuckers was this ?

Reminder:
DS1>DS2>Bloodborne>DS3

This is bait, right?

I really wish From didnt go full reddit in their "muh honor" bullshit. I just want to use CE to make some builds to test out bullshit. But I just cant grind through the game again. I have made like 15+ characters and I just get demotivated having to grind again.

I have an idea to circumvent it though. Im going to go through the game legit. Using a 30 30 40 build which you can complete at around level 80. Only upgrading one item to max preferably one that is used by many build IE the Longsword. Then after getting decent upgrade material, all PVP viable weapons, completing Greirats quest. Then I save the charater to a .bin file with the DaS3 save editor and I will effectively have a blank slate character will all future builds.

No
DeS>DaS1>Bloodborne>DaS3>DaS2

DeS>Bloodborne>DaS1>DaS3>>>>>>Shit>DaS2

DaS1>>>>>Das3=Bloodborne>>>>DaS2

Allow me to show you prole what a true ranking looks like.

DaS>Bloodborne>DeS>DaS 2 SoTFS>DaS 3> DaS 2

Scholar fixed literally nothing, so thanks for auto-disqualifying yourself for the sake of clarity.

Except it did, so thanks for auto-disqualifying yourself for the sake of clarity.

I mean I'm just passing by but I'd like a few things Scholar fixed, out of actual interest.

You can't save the Titanic by re-arranging the deck chairs, user.

And it's still better than DaS 3 in nearly every regard. The only thing 3 did well was the Ringed city, being on par with The Old Hunter DLC and AoTA. The base game itself is a bland, boring rehash of DaS 1, but without any of the charm. It's easily the worst game in the entire series for replayability, and features the second-worst PvP behind DaS 1.

I am playing scholar for the second time right now. It is still very much the same retarded design of the first release, just rearranged. It fixed nothing, and it's arguably worse because of the terrible aldia boss and iron keep.

Not really. It was a tiny bit of improvement but in no way did it fix the problem, which is DaS2's souls memory system in general.

Cheers.

DaS 3 is still a better game then DaS 2 its pretty much what DaS 2 should of been.

I started my second playthrough of DaSIII, after ages of mindless grinding, and I'm in Carthus Catacombs. I want to know if there's a way to save Hoarce, cause it doesn't seem to be the case. Also, the first time I played through the game, I got invaded by NPCs at certain spots (Cathedral of the Deep by Kirk, the Untended Graves by some NPCs whose name escapes me, and by Tarkus in the catacombs) but now they're gone. I'm definitely embered while walking through these areas, so I have no clue what's preventing them from spawning. I got invaded by the purple phantom NPC in the Undead Settlement, so it doesn't make sense that these other NPCs are just gone.

Another thing; I decided to kill the Dancer of the Boreal Valley before moving on to the Undead Settlement, just for a change of pace. I killed Vordt first, then Dancer, then Ocieros, Champion Gundyr, and then Dragonslayer Armour. Last time, the key for the Archives was just lying on the ground on some corpse just outside the front door. This time, there's no key. Do I have to defeat the other three Lords of Cinder before I can even access the Archives?

Is there a way to play the pirated version of the first game without having to install Windows Live?

Yes, Gotthard's corpse won't spawn in front of the Archives until you kill the Lords of Cinder. You can fight Ocieros and Champion Gundyr early. If you really want the Black Knight shit early this is the way to go.

So I've been trying to copy the BKH build from in DS3, and I think I finally found it.
Fuck it feels so damn good, especially with the grass crest and Drang armor.

Take your own advice, senpai.

Shit pvp and no replayability? And broken poise making 90% of the weapons and armor shit?

Maybe you need to git gud son.

A perk, now you get to actually play the game.
Rigorously wrong.
As established pvp is irrelevant, heavy weapons are still useful for breaking enemy poise, and relevant attacks still have poise.

I'm curious about The Surge.
I have played Lords of the Fallen and I enjoyed it, in spite of how heavily flawed it was.

It's made by the same guys, so go ahead and pirate it.

PS3 emulator when?

I rather 3 which while poor is still less shit then 2 but again when 2 set the bar so low its not hard.

I am actually doing a dark souls run starting from DaS 1 and going all the way to 3.

Not to mention I am streaming too and just got twitch affiliate I want to plug in my stream but not sure here…

I got gud at the rest of the series but that was too much for me.

You don't need to kill Friede to get to the Ringed City

I know but it'd be wrong to just skip the boss of the DLC and move onto the next.

Are you on PC? I can summon in if you want the extra help, though not immediately since it's almost 4 AM here

Pirated copy.

freide is shit, go play the ringed city and enjoy the real DLC

they can see this, right?

It's a better game than Lords of the Fallen. Game only has 5 bosses and they're kinda fucking shit. Areas themselves are fuckhuge interconnected mazes ala the the first half of Dark Souls.

no amount of DLC and tweaking will fix that fundamentally broken game
Bloodborne > DaS = DS3 > DeS > Going to an Ariana Grande concert and being blown up > DS2(inc. SotFS)

Wrong.

Bloodborne > DaS > DeS > The Surge > Das2 SOTFS > Dark Souls 3 >>>>>> Nioh >>>>>> Lords of the Fallen

so I defeated knight Artorias in dark souls. Holy balls was that a tough fight. I died so many times. But the feel of finally defeating him was pretty great. almost orgastic.
I'm bit confused tho', I thought Artorias saved the people from abyss?

Damn, best of luck then

Keep going, it gets explained later on. Did you talk to Elizabeth after the Sanctuary Guardian fight?

the mushroom lady? I think I did.

Here's what happened:
People of Oolacile are persuaded by "that toothy serpent" (likely Kaathe) to pillage Manus' corpse and attain his power
In doing so, they provoked his wrath
Who knows exactly how this shit works; he's a powerful fucking abyss wizard, just roll with it
The Abyss began to consume Oolacile and its denizens
Artorias traveled to Oolacile to confront Manus and stop the Abyss' spread
Manus fucked him up, and he became corrupted
You fight him because he can no longer control himself and is a danger to the world
Hawkeye Gough and Ciaran both thank you for slaying him under the implication that you've done him a great service by ending his suffering
You, the nameless Chosen Undead, laid Artorias to rest and took up his mantle. You killed Manus and managed to prevent the land from becoming swallowed by the Abyss
Legends passed down through the ages will likely continue to credit Artorias for his valor and will just assume that it was he who saved Oolacile
You are the true Abysswalker

Don't worry, user. If she gieves you trouble then there'll be at least one boss in the Ringed City that you can't handle.
Did you summon Gael? Look for his sign if you didn't. He can be summond with out being Enkindled even.

Was there a confrontation between Artorias and Manus ? I thought he was corrupted because he literally was too chivalrous for this shit

Oh, I am laffin.

Just talk to Marvelous Chester, he pretty much explains everything.

Haha, you can't climb those mountains just because you can see them, fellow gamer!
You aren't playing the award winning fantasy rpg Skyrim(TM)! But you could be

Assuming you're talking about Dark Souls 3:
Yhorm's Great Machete. A Strength build's best friend with all the damage it can deal out and its range.
Xanthous Set. I like the redesign it went through in this game.
Slave Knight Gael. He's Artorias but not actually Artorias so I can appreciate him more often without looking like a fanboy.
This is a hard one. Maybe the Ringed City since it hurts to look at the least.
>NPC/WAIFU
Greirat. He's one of the "few" NPCs that doesn't act like a jerk to you. Also, he voiced Solid Snake in the French dub of Metal Gear Solid.

How did I mess up the last one?

Look, Todd, buddy, we're just not that into Skyrim. I know, I know, you worked really hard on it, but it's still pretty rough around the edges. Try making a more interesting combat system, and who knows - maybe you'll manage to sway some minds.

Is vitality (equip load limit) worth raising?

Less so in dark souls 3 than 2 because heavier builds get a nerfed version of poise. But it still lets you equip heavy-ass weapons. If you're just going for a straight sword don't really worry about it.

What? That's not true, I do like playing Dragons Dogma.

DD is shit.

Why would anyone come to that conclusion?

From trailers it looks exactly that but with climbing.

I feel like 3 has a better first playthrough, but worse everything else.
Without traditional poise, heavy weapons are much less fun to use, requiring much more effort to get the best out of them even against regular enemies, for a reward that's lesser than using a straight sword. All the fun weapons(to me) are pretty late into the game, barring some exceptions(sellblade twinswords comes to mind), and the linearity of the game doesn't help.
Furthermore, both faith and pyro are absolute SHIT and really unfun to use (sorceries feel meh too, at least imo), locking out additional playthrough options, and due to how useless shields are anyways, it also locks out the option of a shieldless playthrough since you're gonna be like that for a good part of the game anyways.
NG+ changes are also pretty meh, 2 added a shitton of stuff and NG+ was probably one of the few things it did right, but 3 just sprinkles some rings around and calls it a day.

meme game

Will just-after-pontiff pvp arena remain playable after I kill aldritch?
Is there any dedicated non-boss reliant pvp arena in the game at all?

as long as you dont PvP as a white

Manus is the furtive pygmy the first human and original holder of the Dark Soul.
Manus could give less of a shit with them defiling his grave he split the Dark Soul in the first place to create more humans, he's mad because they took his fucking medallion.

Arthas was corrupted by too much humanity.

Wew lad you are retarded other then open world and having a dragon in it, how is any of similar to Skyrim?

The same could be said of all games.
The same could be said of all media.
What are memes, other than ideas and snippets of phrase passed around to others.
Certainly, the idea of difficulty in Dark Souls is a meme. If you have ever seen someone post the iconic "You Died" message, if you have ever seen an image of the Father's Mask, if you have ever seen an image of Ornstein and Smough or the archers in Anor Londo, you have become part of the meme that is Dark Souls. So yes, Dark Souls is a meme, just like Religion, Politics, and Morality are memes.
Ideas passed around via popular discourse.

Not anymore fagget.

Yeah because like most greedy groups From shit on its original lore and generally fucked everything up.
Not the first time however they've done this consistently with armored core as well.

I'm about to drop this game I can't handle being this angry.

You don't even need to parry him to win.
If you parry him, he can't do shit.
How did you even beat ornstein?

Faggot a bunch of speculation by people trying to get youtube money scraping together clickbait lore videos in their mother's basements aren't "official lore." From left it ambiguous because they wanted it to be ambiguous, and later on they clarified it.

Its not ambiguous you faggot, every day I get the creeping suspicion people here weren't above 12 years old when Dark Souls originally came out.

Most of the lore is backed by items, dialogue, game mechanics among other things.
5 years ago discussing Dark Souls lore was like Morrowind lore threads, everyone knew their shit and discussion was fruitful.

Now its full of DaS2 and DaS3 with a mix of BB shitters that need to downplay the lore and world building in DaS to make them feel better about their shit games.
Though BB is on the same level lore and world building as DaS

Don't reply to vaati's posts.
Filter vaati's posts.

Just kept dodging, and took them out one at a time like everyone else?

good point

its pretty easy tbh

Well yeah. What's the problem with Gwyn? Or you want to win exclusively by parrying?

You remind of triggered millenials on facebook.

Burden of proof is on you, show me in game evidence that Manus is the furtive pygmy. Otherwise eat a dick.

Also if you newfriends actually had any knowledge of the board you would know people hate Vaati for copy/pasting word for word lore speculation created on Holla Forums.
Then later the shilling of all the soul likes.

Its surreal I've been here long enough to see newfags rewrite the reasons someone is disliked, its like a tribe of primitives making their own version of the bible from the scraps that was ashore on a beach.

You see, in DD you can be a mage, a sword dude or bow guy, like in dark souls. However you play as mage, sword dude and bow guy with companion and also you have to beat some dragon to beat the game, just like in skyrim.

You know I really liked this theme from the ringed city, even though the fight lost all meaning when it's either ganksquad or the spear of the church just fucking kites you nonstop if you manage to kill his buttbuddies, but atleast the theme was nice. Reminds me a lot of DaS1 sound direction.
Most of the bosses are good, but it really does not save the game from ending on such a wet fart with the Painter Girls story fucking fizzling and the plot of 3 just becoming MUH PAINT.

The problem is he keeps kicking my ass, and I have no clue what to do. Also 8ch please stop opening a new tab every time I click on a post number.

Manus soul is humanity, its the only boss that does this.
The pendant he is chasing after references nostalgia related to it, which is similar to Humanity.

Vague lore hints is something that has existed since Armored Core with From.
In Blood Bourne the color of the blood of enemies even has lore implications, whether Miyazaki is good or bad at what he does is arguable but what's not is he prefers to tell a story organically instead of WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS.

And yet DaS 3 is so fundamentally broken in its core gameplay mechanics that it's no better than DaS 2. In fact it is worse.

I have played them before. I am about done with das 1. 2 will probably start on saturday. Anyone wanna follow my twitch?

I hated the descriptions in DS2. It felt like they written by a 10 year old. DS1 actually had interesting and mysterious descriptions, DS2 is all like "perhaps you can use this time for something else… wink wink" and stuff along the lines of "this item is a joke lol". So fucking stupid.
I think the problem was having Soul Memory be a thing in the first place
With stupid descriptions.
That make you feel like you're playing Serious Sam.
Is anyone else bothered by this btw?
DS1 had some of that in it too, like they'd set up traps for greedy players or ambushes that you could avoid if you were careful enough, but Dark Souls 2 is fucking OBSESSED with ambushing you. The game is like a crazy person locked in an asylum who's fucking maniacal and only thinks of ways to screw people over for every stupid reason. It gets to the point where you think like "oh I'm sure that the devs though they'd be so clever, putting that enemy there and a wall next to him, I'm sure there's an enemy behind that wall to ambush me when I try to get rid of the one that I can see", like, you think like the designers think instead of thinking like you're actually in that place. It just takes you out of the immersion. Again, DS1 did that too but wasn't nearly as autistic about it.

Just abuse the stalagmites or learn 2 dodge. He's weak to Occult weapons and Lightning. If you're faith based then he should be a fucking joke with an occult infused weapon.

This is one of the biggest gripes I have in 2 and partly in 3 as well. DaS1 knew that the combat just didn't fucking work for multiple enemies at once. And the answer to difficulty was in the enemies unusual forms, and once you learned them they became either easy or engaging to fight. The moment I broke an infected undead and worms flew out of his back will always be remembered more fondly than most anything I fought in 2.

Seriously?
He was way easier than anything in the DLC, did you play that?
The Manus boss fight is a freaking nightmare until you figure him out. Much more difficult than Gwyn. You can actually stagger Gwyn and block his attacks. I played with a strengh build with high poise and absolutely wrecked him. I think even Artorias was harder than Gwyn.

We're back to demons souls levels of armor being fucking useless. Actually it feels like this game has the least viable builds of all the souls games. Any weird/interesting builds that will make this more fun? Aquamarine Dagger looked kind of cool but apparently it's shit.

ringed knight weapons are pretty OP, as are some of the DLC boss weapons

also, with the +3 rings 40+ armour is now pretty doable

I just started playing Dark Souls for the first time yesterday and I gotta say, I'm not a fan of your inputs being stored in a buffer. As in, if you pressed Heavy Attack, but got hit in the process, you're still going to perform that Heavy Attack even if you don't press anything after being hit. That's exactly what killed every time (x2) so far.
I've made it to the Black Knight and fucked up the backstab, tried running back to the bonfire and tried to level up, but that didn't reset the knight chasing me. I guess that's something I had to learn eventually.
Plus the framerate drops are horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrendous, even with the patch on steam forums, it's still running like dog shit when there's a lootable corpse nearby.

Notched Whip+10 Crystal Infusion
No shield
40 STR/40 DEX/40 INT quality/magic build
supplement your whip with pyromancies/sorceries
Magic Clutch Ring, Blue Stoneplate Ring, Scholar Ring, [Empty Slot, you decide, I recommend Ring of Favor and Protection or Cloranthy Ring]
Who knows, might be fun, but if you hate it you won't immediately be fucked because you can just grab a standard Straight Sword+10 and play your typical quality build.

you'll get used to it, just be slow and deliberate with your exploration of an area and don't commit to any actions that you aren't sure you should be making.
Did you get the DSFix? You can open up the .ini file and uncap the framerate, then put a soft lock on it at 30fps, which should make for an overall smoother experience. Pic related.

suck it up princess

also install dsfix

It's gotten to the point where Stored inputs should be the norm for a lot of games to avoid button mashing. It's really an enjoyable punishment to make you git gud.

theres nothing more amusing than watching a retard get his face smashed in as a result of mashing, and remembering when that retard was you

already "installed" DSfix (I'm still used to extracting specific files to specific folders from Unreal engine games), fiddled around with the text file. Didn't help at all.
Don't think I softcapped it at 30 though.
I said I'm still learning, you don't have to try this hard to fit in.

It sure is, i only manage to kill that piece of shit after i got the Dragonslayer Bow from Anor Londo since that FUCKER regenerates health after it's health dropped off to around 33% or some shit, but goddamn that fucker is a goddamn cancer to my butthole

Like a match made in Heaven isn't it right user?
Also i prefer great hammers compared to UGS since it does mighty OOGH to be a caveman with a big-ass club trashing knights left and right Farming those Charred Loyce Knights have never been so easy

take your meds

I still like to think that Chester came from Yharnam

tweak around with the settings, you should be able to do some stuff to increase overall performance in the ini

its a bit of a joke m8, youll get there in the end

The plot of 3 is to link/not link/usurp the flame. that hasnt changed nor was it changed by the inclusion of the DLC.
The DLC is separate from the main plot and has nothing to do with linking the fire. But you are right it is kinda shit and all about muh paint. But atleast some boss fights and areas were good.

Did you guys seriously have a problem with Hellkite?
I beat him with a Lightning Gargoyle's Halberd +10, he let me finish the combo until he was dead.
Does he fly away when you try to finish him off or are you on NG+?
The NG+ version is impossible.

The best great hammer is actually an ultra greatsword, the king's ultra greatsword. It's listed as an UGS but it does strike damage and has a great hammer moveset.

You just have to get over its looks. I still can't get used to it…

fuck this game.

Then stop playing with your feet user. Your set up should be more than enough.

Parry him to death, win game.

Maybe if I lie to myself enough I can feel satisfied in having beaten this game.

Summon someone to help you? You can even grab Solaire if you saved him. You did save him, didn't you user?

I have no clue, there's about a year gap inbetween me playing it now and when I first started because I got stuck at Nito and got fed up. I don't think I did because there's no signs that show up by the fog door.

parrying is easy as shit. just stop playing vidya.

The Tomb of the Giants is definitely the worst part of the game. I thought the ghosts were the worst until that point.

I like vidya though.

the tomb was enough to make me quit for a solid year. Wasn't even difficult, just singlehandedly the most tedious shit I've ever had to play.

Anybody got the TLgamer's Dark Souls webms?
You know the ones. The ones where he can't figure out how to use menus or have basic navigation skills?

I found this reupload.

Hey, I thought Gael's storyline was pretty cool. Just wish the Dreg Heap was longer, though.

There he goes. Sore loser blames the game for his own inadequacy. Typical.

Listen, forget about parrying. Just try to develop your own strategy. Study him and try to come up with a way to beat him.
I never parry the fuck and I beat him easily. I use a heavy ass big shield that can't parry.

Yes, there I go again, because I'm not such a fucking idiot that I'll just accept it as a bigger challenge. The only thing DS1 does above DS3 is the game world itself. Everything else, DS3 beats it by a mile.

You're such a fucking idiot that you'll blame the game for your inability to win an easy fight, yes. You can whine all you want, at the end of the day even retards and ten year olds could beat Gwyn while you sit here and complain. Instead of complaining they'd get around the issue. Complaining isn't gonna make you beat the game.

Either way I don't care too much. Do what you want.
I'll just say this: if you're gonna complain about bosses' hitboxes, you should complain about your own hitboxes as well. Some weapons like the great and large club have retarded big hitboxes when they hit the ground which makes using them quite easy to use. The game is permissive about hitboxes in general, it isn't unfair towards you.

I'm not a git gud fag, but Gwyn is legitimately one of the biggest disappointments as far as final bosses go. The only thing that is hard about him is the fact that he can out-box the shit out of you, but getting onto his asshole is easy as fuck and his range means shit when you can negate the need for space. I can see all the problems with your build from this screen cap alone
Wearing the poise ring is a start I guess
try gitting gud

You sound the the denuvo fag.

can't git gud if i don't give a shit anymore :^)

He can definitely win the fight with his current gear. DS is a game where you can do shit in multitude of ways.
Either way, to add to what you said, you can actually stagger Gwyn with heavy weapons. He's kind of a wuss.

You sound like a fag fag, Mr the the stuttering wuss.
It's fine if you don't like the game and don't care about it. Taste is subjective and nobody has to tell you what you have to appreciate and what you don't. But calling something about it bad just because you suck is sore loser faggotry.

I dunno what to say dude. I would have taken constructive criticism like kind of gave, but instead you just chose to stroke the game's dick and refuse to admit it's just got some shitty programming behind it.

The hitboxes are fine. They're permissive for you and some bosses like I already said. You have no argument

Hitboxes is only a valid complaint if we're talking about DS2

denial is unhealthy user.

Is there anything DS2 did right?

Denying what.
Hitboxes are permissive in general.
Any youtube video about Dark Souls is proof.
Are you putting your comments in spoilers because they're bad?

Denying that the game has shitty, unpolished shit holding it back.

NG+, build variety, never played the DLCs myself but I heard fume knight and sir alonne were 10/10 fights, bonfire ascending was a really nice mechanic
the "we hate DaS2" meme went too far

again, like I said, it was a disappointing fight. I think the worst part is the GLGS isn't even that good and the set for gwyn looks so much better on him.

DaS 2 managed to show up to the party after DS1 blew through with textures that are so high quality that they could not physically be rendered properly and did the polar opposite by making everything look muddy and flat.

the DLC, Vendrick and Velstadt's themes, some of the areas were unique in design, but that's about it

fashion options

Like what.
You made literally no valid complain about the game. The hitboxes point isn't valid when it's in your advantage as well.

Okay now you're just flat out ignoring my previous posts, so I guess we're done here.

You can stagger him with the Gargoyle Halberd?
Didn't know. I though you needed a great hammer or UGS to do it.
The more you know.
Yes, I agree Gwyn was such a disappointment. Even more so because I summoned Solaire and could hit him freely while he was distracted. Died in less than a minute.
The DLC bosses were tougher.

Are you confusing me with someone else or are you making shit up to cop out?
I started posting here
The only point you made to me are Gwyn's hitboxes.
If you had previous comments not directed towards me you'll have to post the points again because I'm not going to read them just because you're lazy.

No, IDs make it pretty tough to confuse anyone with anyone else.

Well, just accept that I already debunked your only point or just stop replying to me.
Don't see the point. I see that you're insistent on whining so keep doing it in your own time.
Or make some other points about why DS is bad, I'm open to something different. It's just that the hitboxes is the only point you made.

Stagger is based on poise numbers, and all weapons reduce poise to some degree. Straight swords tend not to be fast enough to outpace the max poise refilling back to maximum or are too slow to rely on it, while GS and UGS types are quick poise reducers, Halberds fall into the middle somewhere and can reduce poise very well in some cases. Unless I'm remembering wrong, I am certain I smacked him easily with a twohanded gargoyle halberd.

That may have been it. Poise is increased there.

Poise damage I mean.

Nah.

Speaking of Dark Souls, I've got a Steam key for SotFS from Humble. Anybody interested in it, since I already have a copy.

Either way it's cool that you accepted you made no valid point and just talked out of your ass. Case is closed.

If that's what'll help you sleep at night, sure.

(you)

Still replying to me?
You're one insecure fuck.

I'll be honest, I pirated the game and already got midway through it, but can't play online for obvious reasons.
If you still want to give it away to me I'd be cool with it. If not, it's fine.

You can go to Holla Forums to shitpost if you want.

You want my opinion? You're not missing a thing. The people who still play PvP are cancer builds and gankers, plus half the covenants are deader than doornails.

Well, OK then. Thanks for the offer either way.

No problem. I paid thirty bucks for my copy and regret it every day. I'm looking to give it to someone who's either a huge buyfag or a poorfag who can't into pirating.

DS3 got one thing right, and that was making coop accessible, so if you need your multiplayer fix for a DS game then 3 is all you got, since 1 has some shite netcode, it's impossible to find anyone even with external software, and 2 is just generally trash.
BB still has the best Co-op system I think; it removes the weapon restrictions, level restrictions are nearly non-existent, and the only thing stopping you from being NG helping someone in NG+ is someone in NG+ ringing a bell.

Is it seriously that bad?
Are the other players abusing some boring moves in PvP or something?

its a waste of time, you'll get 100 hours out of it before you wake up and go "holy shit this pvp is terrible, what an awful way to artificially lengthen the shelf life of this game"

then you'll regret playing it, like the rest of us do

p.s. im not even the guy you were replying to, just stopped in to say this

How do I kill the huge angel? He appears at some point after all the others are dead but I can't find the demon that controls it. Is there a way to kill it?

It's fucking shit in general.
One particular instance with the dragon/drake in the flaming tower level pissed me off so bad. It's a practical one-shot unless you use magic or bows, but both of those things are for pussies, so I had to have my friend charge in, take the death for me, just so I could kill it. My reward? A reskinned boss from the first game and a ded covenant.

It's non-hostile and not meant to be fought. You can fight it by shooting it down, but you don't get anything for it

Another note, I never even got to any of the DLC because I just wanted the game over and done with that bad.

Why would it attack me when I try to get around it if it's non-hostile?

My bad, I could've sworn it didn't attack. There is no grub for it though since it's the angel of the stone-humped hag your best case is to shoot it down with arrows

I'm pretty sure its non-hostile, I haven't managed to get aggro, though maybe it'll attack you if you start shooting at it.

he's trolling right

I didn't like using bows on the first game either because melee all the way.

But on this game, with its enormous obsession for ambushing you, specially in SotFS, I found bows to be very useful. It's satisfying to take a look at what lies far away and be like "the game designer specifically put that idiot there to lure me and fuck me when I get there by having some other idiots come out of nowhere to gang up on me, so I can just take them out from here and fuck with the design itself instead…"
Of course that takes you out of the immersion itself though. The game has such a frustrating level design and enemy placement.

Are there any exploits to stop or kill hackers in 1? They usually have stagger off, which makes knocking them off ledges impossible.

No, beyond using the PVP watchdog, however that's not a perfect system and I wouldn't doubt that there's someone out there who's figured out how to bypass it. PvP is dead, unless you want to arrange a "fight club" with other people and you know they're not going to cheat.

Maybe you can beat them in their own game and be a hacker too. Cheat engine isn't difficult to use.

Is that his real voice?
He has to be trolling, I can't fathom someone in real life sounding like a cartoon when he talks.

I want to say the executioner's greatsword or whatever with the FP regain is also pretty good with fast follow up swings but I haven't looked at the data like sam hyde so who knows. Either way, the atrocious stamina use yhorn's big slammy thing makes it kinda tricky

educate yourself, you ablebodied shitlord
I believe that he really is that fucking stupid

Just played through 3,1,2 after having skipped 2 because of everyone universally hating it. The problem with 2 is the bosses are ridiculously easy making the whole thing boring. Also the huge health penalty for being hollow made me stay human; letting me summon phantoms for bosses. In 1 and 3 I did them entirely solo. In 3 I died to almost every boss multiple times until I figured out how they actually worked, and a few of them took hours.

The durability bug did not help enjoyment of 2 either.

that was always fan speculation there was never any evidence that Manus was the pygmy. This type of bullshit is why I hate Vaatividya.

You should blame FromSoft for making an intentionally vague and open to interpretation lore rather than giving concrete answers that are hard to piece together (like the original Silent Hill games did, to give one example). Obviously people are going to come up with their own interpretations and parade them as the truth, it's what the devs intended. It incentivizes conversation, which is free advertisement.

Well, "primeval man" could mean any number of things. It could mean that Kaathe pointed Oolacile's residents to what they thought was a huge wellspring of humanity, for instance, "primeval" in this case being humanity's base stuff via a shit-ton of Dark Soul fragments. Given Manus's looks, attributed to Oolacile residents as "humanity gone wild" and that the Furtive Pygmy split his soul into infinitesimal fragments which would assumedly leave him with little or nothing to go wild, it's my best guess that Manus was just a wicked-good sorcerer who went wild shortly after the Lords first started springing up but was quickly dealt with.

m8, youre talking out of your arse there

No moreso than any other vibeo gaen theorist but with "primeval man" not explicitly referring to any one character I'm pretty well free to come up with whatever the hell explanation I want for it. Manus being the Furtive Pygmy or even the first human doesn't at all strike me as likely.

As for the dragon: you`re shit, it`s doable melee only with 1 char, learn to sprint / dodge.

Manus very well could have been a well-known sorcerer, knight, cleric, or other type of grand magic user or warrior of Oolacile, or of virtually any other land that surrounds it or Lordran, that managed to tap into his own humanity via some spell or ritual and thus become the "Father of the Abyss" as a result of his inability to control it. Nowhere does any piece of lore imply that the Furtive Pygmy must also be the Father or the Abyss. It seems like a likely connection because we know that the Furtive Pygmy was the father of Humanity, but the theory that he's also Manus is merely speculation. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the aforementioned is true, and that Manus was some random high ranking Oolacile sorcerer that managed to do something to modify his own Humanity's power, and then eventually lose control of it. If that's the case, then we don't even have any information to determine how he lost control of his Humanity in the first place. Why does he vehemently seek the broken pendant? Is it some vital key to reversing the curse of Humanity that grasps him? Is it some incredibly powerful magic artifact that can be used to control Humanity's power, if only it were repaired to its former state? There's also the possibility that Marvelous Chester is misinformed or is deliberately lying to the Chosen Undead. There's no real way to verify his claims, and he's clearly not one to be trusted, given that he tries to kill you. On top of this, neither Dusk or Elizabeth have anything to say about the history of Oolacile, aside from brief scraps of general information.

The game is purposely vague in this regard, and anyone could come up with any given story that explains the entire scenario.

I am sure he only does specific attaks whn you stay on certain spots but to me they seem kinda random. Sometimes he stay on the bridge and be relatively easy to kill at other times he won't stop doing his three different fire attacks.

This is how I beat him during my first playthrough. I was a fatrolling tank with a towershield. At that point I forgot that parrying even exists. Just get high fire resistant shit, tank it and heal.

People who can't beat Gwyn are to shit to acknowledge. Just let him revel in being shit.

So is the Great Wooden Hammer in Dark Souls 3 good or not?

It's got great in its name, how could it not be?

top tier, up there with the painting guardian sword and most strength weapons

Got it. I'll use it as soon as I can. **If Dark Souls 3 even wants to load.*

wow, how did I mess that up

Not Dark Souls per se
But how are you supposed to beat Master Logarius in early game?
I just want my goddamn Chikage

What is your build and level?

So when I try to launch Dark Souls 3 from Steam, it refuses to launch. Not even the "Preparing to launch" window pops up. When I try to run the game through its files, it still won't launch. What do I do in this situation?

Supposed to be a bloodtinge build, but I'm not really getting anything from that stat atm. My Strength and Skill are just enough to let me use the Chikage once I get it.

Did From nerf Bone Marrow Ash?

No clue.
Why?

I would say you could go Cannon + BMA. to take down Logarius easily if they haven't.

I like this guys animations but his actual opinions on DaS are complete shit. I can't believe how much he convinced himself of his own lies. Also, too much furry porn.

Its complete shit mate.

It has the damage of straight swords. It has the incredibly passive playstyle of Great Hammers, yet the damage is so shit people can just trade you and you will die.

well this is a better berserk game than the berserk game

Incorrect, Holy Demon War controls far better even in emulation, and you can parry with a big ass dragon dildo

WRONG WRONG WRONG

DaS3=DaS2>DaS>DeS>BB

DS2 did the following right;

it's more modest than the other two but it's a fucking brilliant game tbh

I enjoy it more than 1

Shit taste fam.

Fucking newfaggots, people don't hate vaati for lore speculation, you bumbling tard.
Fan speculation has something that has existed since before image boards, keeping things vague and having aspects of the game to speculate and be open ended is aspect of a good story.

People hate Vaati because he
WORD FOR WORD
Copy pasted lore discussion from 4chaim when the game first came out.
Now newfags see the hate Vaati gets and assumes it comes from lore speculation.

i said environments, not world building

the transitions were fucking garbage lmao

Ringing for help at logarius

Coulda done transitions better. I'd at least like to see a design doc on DaS2 to see how things would have been like if they actually finished the game, and what we ended up missing out on. I know the round gate shown in the trailer that looks like its in what we now know as earthen peak never made it into the final product.

DS2 is pretty much cannibalized ds3. They have same story elements, same enemies, same everything. They just decide to cut everything from ds2 so they have material for ds3. Not to mention graphical downgrade. I honestly would be okay if they fucked over story that much as they did(fucking "but perhaps…") if they just keep good looking engine and made iframes synced with animation. But they synced weapon degradation with FPS instead.

Lore speculation is pretty gay no matter how you slice it.

Bloodborne_Official_Artworks.rar 189.1 MB
mega.nz/#!qcwSQSTZ!zVwh1ClzRciQ0ZQ1fhsCMmGM0WZirecSpdh-tCk0FeY
dark souls 2 design works.rar 244.9 MB
mega.nz/#!7ZIXwa6B!zcfj_XivIXa4XhhuPIwqSqtTvfxmv9g7Kyao4-MTqSE
DARK_SOULS__8545_-_Artbook.pdf 25.6 MB
mega.nz/#!fJZwnbTb!6bWG3oplVvAyuMoWMe6IiKq4u1KZfIFs4Zc-4CBKyUw
Dark_Souls_Design_Works.rar 163.6 MB
mega.nz/#!vZAyBQQD!DVfUeIWPJeUJkxIwrzuzNkUJ_-ebZQc_t5iFNSpis8M
DARK+SOULS+III+DESIGN+WORKS-DARK+SOULS+III+DESIGN+WORKS-+(ファミ通の攻略本)_nodrm.zip 122.1 MB
mega.nz/#!zZpz1JoK!3PUt2QEXMRbfF8mMVa5vI68QebPazzeN4mMmX00GynU
Demon_39_s_Souls_Official_Art_collection.7z 145.8 MB
mega.nz/#!fR400KRC!CO6lZNj3RECh11mmdfejo_6o2QDMH0d5dnbKgJaD_jw

I remember when this came out and so many people were saying the graphics were going to be on par with the CG in the trailer.