AGDQ then and now

This is not a speedrun per se, it's a glitch tour of Link's Awakening. Other speedruns from these old marathons often have this same comfiness. I love it so much, what fucking happened to AGDQ?!

I highly recommend NASA marathon, they recapture this old spirit really well. ESA is also pretty good, but they nail more of a AGDQ 2013-2014 vibe, so it doesn't hit that maximum comfy level. Also NASA is donation-free, which is so fucking good. I forget if ESA has donation shit.

Gotta post the favorite of mine. Only time God Hand ever was run at AGDQ, will never be run again because game is not SJW-friendly. This run is so fucking fun, you've gotta watch it. My advice is if you're on windows, use the magnifier so you can see the fucking game a little better. Besides that just enjoy.

They started running it like a business

GDQ really fell off, they have these big halls now and you hardly catch anyone even hanging out together during runs and bullshitting anymore, especially not the fun zone of after midnight runs and the like. NASA this year was a pretty good emulation of how things used to be.

He got banned because he stole everyones hotel keys as a joke apparently.

did bonesaw submit anything

I know but I still miss the nigga.

he got married, still speedruns though, he was at an australian speedrun marathon last year.

To whom?
Last thing I saw by him was that 24 hour run he did of the blue orb mini game from Sonic 3.

Their hunger for more money drove them to "try and appeal to a broader audience." This soulless husk is all that's left.

glad SJWs destroyed this shit. you're not meant to socialize in vidya.

Also
kill me

Dont know, I just remember him saying he couldn't buy a switch because he needed to save money as he was getting married.

He's come a long way from getting cucked by his mum and brother.

Bonesaw was banned from AGDQ. I don't think anyone knows why, I think the faggot AGDQ organizer has a personal problem with him or some shit. Anyway yeah Bonesaw is never coming back.

He's banned till 2018 (he can still attend apparently) and it was because of that run he did.

What the hell did he even do? Jak and Daxter run right?

a good run

I missed that entire run somehow. And the Ys Origin speedrun that I also really wanted to see.
Fuck that GDQ

There's your problem.

I know most unis are shit but is there something extra special here?

Yeah, it's shit and you should really stop watching it. NASA was great this year aside from setup times.

All good things are ruined by moralfags, now these runs are just an excercise in Live-audience youtubing like a faggot with cringy PC jokes.

Fuck off antichrist.

Morality is objective and absolute.

Kill yourself Mohammed.

No, UNISA is fine, it's just a bit bizarre that the event is held in Australia's (only) flyover state.
I imagine it would have picked up steam a lot quicker were they on the East Coast.

Or it was because he said nigger on stream and shat all over gdqs during the bonus stream while trying to save it. Here's to hoping it dies along with anyone who supports prevent cancer foundation and not a foundation working towards a cure

easilly my favorite streamer though

Cure for cancer has already existed for years.

Cancer is caused by vitamin defficiency. Eat apricot seeds and you will never get cancer.

There's a reason why people living in the 1st get so much cancer whereas in 3rd world shitholes there is no such thing as cancer because people actually eat biological and natural food instead of GMO plastic trash.

Cancer hates him, find out about this cool trick to cure cancer discovered by a retard

Yeah I watched the run, it was great. What the fuck is Kike Uyama's problem with it?

Either this is really creative b8 or this retard made some weird free association in his brain between a fact he heard about apricot seeds and some fact he remembers about how cancer happens, and now he thinks cancer is prevented by apricot seeds

Poor retard.

Nah it wasnt that, he said that at the 2013 one and he was going to agdq up until 2015.

any run by Molotov is pretty good in general.

Like RE4, this game's NG+ run kinda sucks. Still you're right about the comfy, and the chill of the people playing and watching. Unleashing the spank move, or laughing at the homo duo boss fight was quite acceptable back then.

Oh god did you see the ASM run of Red (or Blue, can't remember) because it was a pretty entertaining trainwreck.

He's a moron is what.

Apparently it was some remark he made about Uyama. Who cares, the event's been pretty awful since 2014.

LOL

It's still acceptable now, actually. You can show God Hand to most guys and expect them to laugh. SJWs actually having influence and sway over the common man is a meme, the only power they have is earned through people THINKING they have power. Examples: Mike Uyama is an SJW faggot, game companies SJW-ing their own games is them being tricked by the SJW influence meme. The meme war is real.

10/10 run. Deus Ex was pretty dank as well.

Someone post the pictures

I miss Big John. I don't get how they'll bring on a Fat landwhale tumblr grill who plays on a mac and openly admits she doesn't know any of the skips or tricks in the game she is "running" but we can't get Big John back.

I won't sit here and say we where the best of pals but we where amicable, one simple disagreement over how the supposed "safety manager" was being a fucking asshole and encouraging violence and hate, and suddenly I'm the asshole. I legit hate it, of all the things I expected to fall to identity politics bullshit, I never expected to be a bunch of nerds in a room playing games quickly, fuck I saw a bunch of them trash talking NASA because seeing people having fun just kills GDQ staff apparently.

user, nerds are among the most susceptible to this sort of bullshit, because the average nerd is a weak, feminine, passive-aggressive, beta male. You really think VIDEO GAMES garners tough, principled men? I mean, sure, there's many types of gamers. But just look at the crowds at AGDQ. My opinion? Get /fit/, get /fa/ in a straight way, and don't be like most gamers. If you're here, you probably already have a superior ideology and moral code, so make sure you get other bases covered. You ought to abandon AGDQ entirely as well. It has become cancer

I can't wait. Anyhow, anyone recommend good and entertaining speedrunners to watch while I wait?

Do they all use twitch? I kinda hope not.

I meant ESA

Oh I have, it just saddens me, its like an old friend that should have put out to pasture ages ago, what remains is not what it was, I know things can never stay the same but I don't what GDQ even is anymore.

It's not run like a business, it's run like a charity. They have to make it as sterile and clean as possible so they appear like a real charity so no one looks into them while they launder all those anonymous donations with no message for $500.

SA doesn't have as many liberals as the Eastern states, but not by much.
Plus, cheaper accommodation as no one wants to live/stay/visit SA unless necessary.

You're a retard.
Cancer rates are so low in African countries as their life expectancy rates are so low they don't have enough time in their life to develop a cancer to the point of it killing them.
The AIDS, malaria, typhus, ebola, typhoid etc gets them first.

Is there any actual proof of AGDQ being sketchy and siphoning money?

he didn't actually sniff the seat tho
didn't mean to reply the first time

well uyama somehow managed to purchase a 750,000$ house while unemployed and only running the charity.
There's constant user donations that follow a very set pattern, I.E Greetings from X, Lets kick cancer's butt, Save the animals

Fuck that's funny. I need to watch that run. I love those PS2 era GTAs because of how retarded they can be when you try to do crazy shit. New games would say "OH you're out of the mission area! Took too long! Can't use explodies in this one! Do it like we want you to fag, we have a groundbreaking story to convey, you can't fuck it up!" These old ones say, "We built a magical playground for ya, I dare you to be as ridiculous as possible my dude"

So… if it's that fucking obvious, then I think we can summon a federal investigation. Hmmmm… hundreds of thousands in charity fraud… that's a pretty juicy news story too. Mike Uyama's going to get a big fat federal dick up his ass in the near future.

It's just a pure coincidence that there's people donating $5 to have some shit meme read live, then there's an anonymous donation for $500 with no message, or maybe just a cloned message from earlier.

Naw, he's doing it all above the board it's just a massive scam.
Basically he can qualify as a charity because he donates the bare minimum required for the charity status, while he himself claims a majority for his paycheck.

The only real question is what those bot messages with money donations are.

Sigh… deep down I always know there's no hope for wrongs in plain view to be righted. But it's so nice to imagine a world with justice.

Big John showed disrespect after showing his golf game's cart on stream. You can't diss Jewyama and get away with it.

Also as I said in the last few GDQ threads, reminder that you now need to pay $5 when you submit a game for review.

The only thing that would need to happen is for the speedrunning community to publicly disavow AGDQ, boycott it, and move to another fucking marathon, leaving Kike Jewyama in the dust. That's ALL. That's ALL that would have to happen. EVERYONE would benefit (except the AGDQ kikes). It wouldn't even be that hard to rally people together for it. The worst case is you would splinter control away from AGDQ and force a PR nightmare onto AGDQ, and people would actually know that AGDQ is fucked up. That's the WORST case. Best case is total victory. When is this going to happen?

It's ridiculous that as the technology to make games has advanced, and sandbox games are even a genre, that few of them manage to capture that sort of fun.

Ah the tenbux excuse.

That reminds me, does he have any hand in SGDQ? They donate to a legitimate charity for a start.

What I meant was that it got serious instead of being a fun thing to raise some money.

These are the cancer awareness messages spread all around the world to kick cancers butt :^)

His run is not "Corporate sponsorship friendly" thus he got banned for one year for making everyone laugh

It wont, AGDQ is the biggest thing in their lives. Its the only time they get to walk around and feel important. Most of the ogs dont go anymore or have been banned.