Kirby Thread

DEEPEST LORE

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2017/04/19/kirbys-development-secrets/
archive.fo/Nih6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seriously, what the fuck is happening with this series? When did they decide to start getting heavy with the continuity?

Man, Kirby is so soft and pink, I wonder how it would feel like to fuck him.

galacta knight is either Kirby from the future/past or kibry's father/grandfather. Meta knight is probably related to him as well because of wings and also his sword is named galaxia

YAMERO!

I think it's more likely that they're all just the same species, rather than directly related to each other.

NEW SUPER STAR-STYLED KIRBY WHEN

I NEED MORE DEEP LORE

When you start a multiplanetary corporation so you can bring back your daughter who you are certain is lost in another dimension, but has actually been by your side the entire time, but you suffer from memory deterioration and cannot recognize your own daughter.

bingus

And then your soul gets eaten by the very computer that started the whole mess, only for a pink puffball to destroy what remains of your soul inside said computer.

Galacta Knight is definitely Kirby from the future, and Metaknight and Kirby are not related.

Kirby doesn't technically have a species, and there should only be one, kirby is a black hole given a living form, Galacta Knight is Kirby from the future but too far in the future where he has consumed everything, his mask is not armor but a restraint, and he only visit's his past self to try and stop himself from achieving his full potential which is becoming powerful enough to inhale the entire universe.

Meta Knight is the same as Kirby but he wasn't born that way, Meta Knight was the person who had made a wish on Nova before Marx, his wish was to become the most powerful being in Dreamland, since kirby is at the limit of power and can't be exceeded Meta Knight became another Kirby, Meta Knight's mask is like Galacta Knights', it isn't armor it's only a restraint.

You got anything other than conjecture that makes your assertions more than just fanfiction?

absolutely nothing, it's just the best explanation for everything.

Haltmann did nothing wrong. Does his soul exist in some form or another? Being sent to non-existence due to soul eradication is a fate worse than death.

According to the boss description for the heart, no.

Susie is too cute.

Don't ask me about this one.

FUCK

Star Dream isn't Nova. Haltmann built it based on blueprints he found for a wish-granting computer, which were probably blueprints for Nova, knowing these devs.

Fuck.

I never knew Kirby had such a complex and sad story

Why was Shinichi Kirby so flawless?

No, it's just fanfiction.

Uh they are the same species, at least metaknight and kirby are. They are both star warriors

In return to dreamland or maybe the anniversary wii game, maglor mentioned nova were originally built by halcondrians.

It's RtDL. He doesn't mention Nova specifically, but he says they built wish-granting comets.

So I played Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (if you can, just hex edit to make it not F2P shit) and I wonder what the fuck is the deal with King D Mind and the Dark Mirror? Is it just non-canon like they claim the True Arenas are? Is it going to be important in the anniversary game? Will there ever be another Kirby Air Ride?

I don't like using NTR. And by that I mean I've never used it. The hex editing was so easy it didn't matter, anyway.

When Sakurai got of pink puff's wild ride and they forgot how to subtlty

Next game I bet they're going to reintroduce animal-buddies, applied to Super Star's moveset formula that they've been using. The mech in Robobot was an animal buddy in all but name and the series is getting more explicit about Dream Land 2/3 and Kirby 64 references, that latter one down to using its revolving-2D pattern of boss arena for several Robobot bosses.

They're all star warriors.

Seeing this
I'll tell you that the Anime hinted kirby could be a monster created by an evil corp, and that it never obey'd them, probably he was based on Metaknight since Metaknight was fighting off the evil corp before kirby was even born. But also that monster could be Metaknight. Also MK states in the anime that kirby was born 200 years early, which reinforces the "didn't obey" thing.

Spoilered because I wrote this before searching internet and yes, MK literally wanted to create a more "organized" and "combat-ready" Dreamland. I guess I have a good deduction.
Also I still don't know why MK wanted to conquer Dreamland, in every itineration MK appeared he is just an anti-hero character. Maybe he wanted to rule Dreamland just to protect it? Maybe even build some kind of defense force? In a place like Dreamland were magic is somewhat easy to see, world killing threats aren't something crazy at all. So it doesn't seem that crazy to want to build a military force.

Galacta Knight instead of being Kirby from the future it "could" be Kirby from another dimension, a dimension were kirby was done right.
But until nintendo doesn't tries to get a bit more dark with Kirby we will never completely know the real answers and we can only fanfiction the fuck out of it.
TL;DR Metaknight was probably a monster who may be Chaotic Good. Anime hinted Kirby could be a monster created by an evil corp. which didn't obey for shit because he was born too early. Metaknight was fighting the evil corp with a resistance group before kirby's birth which may hint why MK and Kirby look alike. Galacta Knight could be "that monster that didn't obeyed the evil corp" but from an universe were it did OBEY the evil corp. It was so fucking powerful that it traveled through dimensions.

I need a real Kirby game, and I need it now

He wanted people to be more active, rather than lazy.

Do the developers actually go on record to say what is or isn't canon, or is it just the fags at the wikia?

I had a weird dream that Kirby had another game for the 3DS.
The first world was all pink with hearts!

S-T-A-R
W-A-R-R-I-O-R-S

That's an occupation, not a species.

Not even when the acronym means something else.

I'm convinced we're getting a rematch with Zero in the next main series game. Last year was the anniversary of Dreamland 2 and we got Dark Matter back in Planet Robobot. This year is the 25th anniversary of the series, and the 20th anniversary of Dreamland 3. He's coming back.

The developers have never said if anything is canon or not, the wiki mods are just being fags. At the very least, I'd imagine Dededetour is canon since it takes place after the main story. This would also make TD's True Arena canon since in PR the Sectonia clone is made form parts of a flower Haltmann found upon landing. Note that it doesn't matter if Meta Knight mode is canon or not in PR because the flower pieces are referred to as having existed before the events of the game even begin. Dededetour also provides a decent explanation for why King D-Mind exists. Whatever remained of Dark Mind witnessed King Dedede's battles through the mirror and decided to possess his Mirror World counterpart, thinking it would make him stronger than before. Unfortunately for him four Beam Mages rapes anything in the game.

That would be terrible, the Shinichi Kirby games are their own self contained trilogy. It would ruin their charm to return the characters, especially after the director and art girl left.

Also it'd be very difficult to replicate the style of the games, and the Super Star esque style the Kirby games currently use isn't compatible with it.

Are all games part of the deepest lore? How do I into Kirby lore?

Play every platformer, both of those games where you use a stylus to draw a path, Mass Attack, maybe Epic Yarn if you want it's pretty comfy. Start reading all the boss descriptions on the pause screens starting with Return to Dreamland (maybe Super Star Ultra? Haven't played it in a while.). Oh, and while it's up to you which version to play, I suggest either the original Adventure or the 3D Classic version, even though Nightmare in Dreamland has some extra features. You can probably skip Super Star and just play Ultra, it's pretty much objectively better.

I thought the source was some Miiverse comments made by the devs? It seemed legit, but I dunno.

It's a species.
The occupation was "Guardian of Popstar"

Whats the deal with these fuckers anyway? I remember killing the sun one because some aspie wanted to rule popstar but beyond that, having a magic robot thing that can grant wishes laying around just sounds irresponsible.
I haven't played any recent kirby games either so I feel like I'm missing something.

There wasn't any subtlety to begin with, because there was nothing to be subtle about. The only games with narrative continuity were the Dark Matter saga, which was very explicit about it. It really wasn't until Return to Dreamland that they started calling back to previous games in an effort to create a consistent universe for Kirby, and that game in particular made it a very minor thing that you could easily miss.

Do you have a hacked 3DS? If you don't give a shit about playing tons of baby games, I still strongly recommend Kirby Planet Robobot.

The three latest main platformers, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot have all alluded to past games to flesh out background information about the Kirby universe. In RtD, it's simply Magalor telling you, through optional dialogue, that the civilization that built his ship, the Star Cutter, were known for building wish-granting comets. Galactic Nova was a wish-granting comet, and I assume you can connect the dots. Trying to avoid spoilers for Planet Robobot, I can say the information given about the silver one in the OP pic also relates back to this ancient, advanced civilization. Basically, we're being drip-fed info on the origin of these magical machines, and there's potential for a future Kirby game to make it a big deal.

If I were to make any sort of conjecture about future games, said ancient civilization could have links to Zero. Either being a creation/byproduct of them, an enemy that destroyed them, or both I guess. Being just speculation, don't take this with any seriousness.

I know Miiverse said that the Amazing Mirror is what corrupted Sectonia, and that "someone who hates the light" aka Necrodeus created the Sun Stones but outside of that idk.

Personally I think they're going to reveal that the ancients of Halcandra were the humans that abandoned Earth when it became Shiver Star.

If they ever do reveal what the Halcandrans are, if they're not weird dogs that lay eggs I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I think the thread needs a palate cleanser after that.

Something like this?

No, more like this.

Also, I'm half convinced this is the best final boss fight theme in the series.

oh heck yea

Gotcha

Have some cute bug people.

More cute bugs.

I really like this picture

One of the leading theories for the events of Meta Knight's Revenge is that he and King Dedede had some sort of spat, and Meta Knight thought he could do a better job of running Dream Land compared to the king's lack thereof. It's all politics, but that's not the part that confuses me.
What I don't get is why the Halberd has been allowed to fly after it was resurrected from the sea in Squeak Squad. What's it even doing up there? If it's protecting Planet Popstar, it's doing a piss-poor job. If it's just flying up there, Meta Knight's not as economical as he thinks. Were its weapons disabled? Why isn't it an urgent matter? Etc.

I thought so. Someone should talk them down before more people take their fabricated canon policy as fact, or go troll-mode on them and explain that only Sakurai can truly make things canon by definition since he's the series' creator. Either method should have the desired effect: stop that shit.

Speaking of Zero, I really want that cell-shaded Dream Land 4 (5?)-looking game that was in development for GameCube. Pic related. Return to Dream Land was mostly based on the canceled Super Star game with the E3 2005 trailer, and the second game was apparently revamped into Kirby 3D Rumble / Kirby's Blowout Blast. This third one didn't get any love so far, even though the idea of retooling Copy Abilities to power up its bar over time should be appealing and a unique take.

… My most requested return, though, is Ribbon. It looked like she was going to hook up with Kirby and become a series regular, but she totally vanished until becaming a paint job in Planet Robobot. Yeah, her character design is simple compared to the fairy-folk that appeared in the series since, but so is Kirby. She basically looks like a humanized (girl) Kirby, so they would've made a good match.

Star Warriors refer to Nightmare's rebellion army in the anime, which are composed of mostly masked characters such as Knuckle Joe Sr., who is decidedly not Kirby and Meta Knight's species.

How fucked did you think you were when Dedede grabbed the axe?

I didn't think I was fucked but it gave me a nice oh shit and the boss was pleasantly difficult. They've been ramping up boss and extra-boss difficulty lately.

I haven't played Kirby games since the DS titles and I don't get at all what the fuck is going on here

Wii and 3DS games have come out since then, nigga. Pick up Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe and Robobot, all are good. First one can be emulated, latter two are very easily pirated if you've got a 3DS or 2DS.

Yo whats a good hex editor?

Agreed on Return to Dream Land but Triple Deluxe and Robobot are easily skippable. Triple Deluxe in particular.

Because the man had a true and perfect vision of the beauty in thematic contrast and could see how perfectly Kirby, and uniquely Kirby, of all other characters in any other video game IPs, is poised to strike that balance. My proof is that nothing perfect in the universe can be allowed to exist, and so he had to die before the ultimate Kirby game was released.

I would really love seeing Ribbon come back. Then she and Kirby can start holding hands and doing other cute couple stuff.

Is Shinichi Shimomura really dead? I know the name vanished from game credits circa 2003, but maybe it's just a pseudonym, as many Japanese developers liked to do back in the day? Could the disappearance have something to do with Masahiro Sakurai leaving HAL around the same time? Or why this person's characters were reduced to cameo roles at best? I'm surprised no one's been able to track down any solid info in all this time… I just want closure, Nintendhal.

I use HxD, it's fairly simple.

From what I recall, he went on to do graphic design in his own company, but I only half remember this info and I don't know if anything else happened to him. This might be bullshit, but keep it in mind at least.

Galactica knight is PINK
KIRBY IS ALSOPINK

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Triple Deluxe is insanely skippable (even if it's got one of the better boss themes) but I wouldn't skip Robobot, it's got good stuff going for it. Both games also refined Ultra abilities down to less and less timewasting forms, Hypernova alone already gets rid of that pause-everything fullscreen move shit that Ultra abilities had going on.

Are they going to fuck?

What about Keeby/Red/Blue/Green?

I'd probably platonicly sleep beside Kirby, he seems like he'd be comfy.

I'd sleep with Kirby after lots of cuddling and gentle sex.

But then how does Kirby kick his ass? Really makes u think.

Lucky.

Why would the user you're replying to even be in this thread if he didn't like playing Kirby games? I can understand with some series, say, Zelda, skipping the DS titles which were 100% not normal Zelda, but KTD was a great Kirby game.

We all do, user. Even more than closure, what we want is more Kirby games

They're cute.

It's primarily a retrospect thing because KTD was great (like mentioned before it's got one of my favorite boss themes for the whole series), but Robobot blew it out of the water. Robobot = RtDL > TD.

This is correct, but I suppose my autism would've not had the flare up it did were "skippable" changed to "come back to it when you're out of Kirby to play."

What were those Kirby-like creatures in Dreamland 3, anyway?

Even then you could just replay a good Kirby game instead of subjecting yourself to Hypernova.

Hypernova was not un-fun, and KTD had many very good non-Hypernova puzzles, bosses, and levels.

Are you saying KDDD is a name you should know?

Has anyone here tried going to the Kirby Cafe while it was still open?

Who's ready for some feels?

I have nearly every single Kirby game to ever have been released in the US.

So far, the only ones I'm missing are Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

That said, which is the absolute best to play?

They look stoned outta their fucking minds

Is there some kind of pic related where the Kirby universe is explained? Like, with notions of all the games? There were also ones of KH and FE, but I don't play those games.

Recently played RtD with my brother, was actually a fun time, floating around with Dedede whacking the fuck out of enemies and bosses.

Considering outside of Planet Robobot's Lore Dump and maybe the Anime that most of the Kirby lore is quite vague you probably won't get much outside of a theorydump rather then a explanation.

Bummer. Is the anime considered canon?

The anime itself isn't, but certain elements were made canon. Like the modern design and name of Meta Knight's sword.

Amazing Mirror.

Nightmare in Dream Land is entirely skippable if you already have Kirby's Adventure or the 3D Classics version. It got praised when it first came out, but it's one of those remakes that aged very poorly (plus, they completely butchered the Meta Knight duel A.I. so you can just stand still and mash B to win even on hard mode, so screw it). Game still holds up in 8-bit form for pushing the hardware.

I thought it was a distant prequel (anime being when Kirby's an infant, games taking place when he's more mature)? I could be wrong, though.

I'll ask: What the fuck is going on there?

How can a remake age poorly?

Kirby's Adventure looks and sounds impressive for NES even now; Nightmare in Dream Land had a similar "wow" factor when it came out, but it greatly diminished since and looks and sounds very by the numbers in retrospect, especially since Amazing Mirror & Squeak Squad both reuse the same assets and style. There are actually a surprising amount of graphical details flat-out missing in the GBA version, such as the backgrounds all being static instead of animated, not to mention the rotating Butter Building scenes (uncommon on NES) are entirely missing on GBA. As mentioned before with Meta Knight, bosses in general that used to be at least somewhat deadly and unpredictable are now lumbering oafs (dueling/playable Meta Knight is also done a LOT better in other games). One of the bigger problems is the stuff they DID add to the game - while some of the later Copy Abilities are admittedly a little more useful (Ball and Hi-Jump in particular), the majority now have WAY too many frames of animation, making them much slower and cumbersome overall. You can't use even the simplest ones without the animators going "whoa, look at Kirby get ready!" meanwhile an enemy has ample time to walk up and smack Kirby in the face mid-attack. It sucks the enjoyment. Thankfully, they cut and sped this up in Amazing Mirror & Squeak Squad. Honestly, the best way to play it these days is 3D Classics, which fixed some of the physics a la GBA so that, for example, Spark doesn't slow everything down and Kirby can run across gaps without occasionally freaking out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 3D Classics version remove the rotating Butter Building?

Nope, it's still there and intact. They really went back to basics in recreating the game.

Huh, interesting.

Also fun fact: Kirby's Adventure was initially developed using a Twin Famicom and a track-ball.
sourcegaming.info/2017/04/19/kirbys-development-secrets/
archive.fo/Nih6c

Well it says Kirby's Dream Land as in the Game Boy game, but neat stuff. That Super Star NES demo they mention near the end of the article looks fascinating. I miss capless Kirby, the ability caps were cool at first but it's lame that he relies on them for his moveset sometimes.

Another thing, maybe I'm wrong about this, but the original Adventure just feels like Kirby goes so much faster than in Nightmare in Dreamland.

Kirby is both slower in NiDL and bigger in proportions to his surroundings in NiDL, off the top of my head. Levels are shorter due to Kirby taking up more space but because Kirby kind of lumbers along you don't really notice it all that much.

Was KiDL when they brought the caps?

K64 was always the odd duck with those mix-and-match powers, but that was part of the fun.

Super Star was the game that introduced caps, but NiDL was the first game after SS to use them again and since then the hats have been a mainstay.

The last game to have abilities without caps was Canvas Curse (probably because of the ball gimmick, but still). I think the caps were created in Super Star to have something for Kirby to throw at a helper to change it, and it still works in games where there are multiple playable Kirbys so you have a visual indicator on your buddies.

Oh.

I never played with helpers.

They're also there to give you a quick visual indicator of what power you have.

While I enjoyed the songs in Planet Robobot, Triple Deluxe is still my favourite. I adored Kirby in my childhood and had spent years away from the series. Coming back to Triple Deluxe and having a Dedede rematch with this music playing, man. I damn near shed a tear when the opening played, all those happy memories came rushing back.

They're just really comfy.

Sometimes the fanfiction is better than the boring real lore, some developers don't know what they have got.

the anime isn't canon, and I'm not using that as a justification, but the anime isn't canon.

I do hope Kirby starts picking up pace again, I always preferred the more chaotic, speedy gameplay of Superstar.

Well if he consumed the entire universe, what did he make his mask and gear out of :^)?

The same place he gets his other hats from you dolt.

hai guys what do you think kirbys whitehole smells like just asking for a friend, ha ha

wait no shit I should've said "what do kirbys hats smell like ha ha"

A white hole?

Finally got around to finishing Planet Robobot. Holy fucking SHIT, why did I not finish this sooner?

But how would current-year HAL even top the fight with Zero-Two? In fact, even if they did, how would they even be able to top a theoretical Zero-Three?

With the revelation of multiple Zeroes, I reckon.

I thought it was 0² (Zero Squared)

Shit, you're right. Zero-Cubed, then.

kirby needs an rpg
probably a big mix of dreamland/deluxe/robotland spanning planets like 64.

A Kirby RPG with similar gameplay to Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi combining with Kirby's copy abilities shtick would be rad as fuck. Only if Treehouse doesn't do the translation.

how about another 3D kirby game first
one that isn't a spinoff unless its airride 2

IIRC, it's SUPPOSED to be 02 (as in, Zero Two), but either the font was off in the collectible card or NoA changed it. I forgot the specific reason, but regardless, it's not meant to be Zero Squared. The Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl calls it "Zero Two" on the remix in katakana.