ITT:

Games that aren't close to being as bad as most people make out to be

:^)

Which Planetary spin off is that from? It's certainly not from the main series

Notice the OP said "most people", not "Holla Forums". This isn't a thread for games that are popular despite being shit, this is a thread for games that are the butt of jokes(i.e., ET) but not as heinous as they are memed to be.
At least, that's what I'm hoping OP meant.

Honestly the other day I felt like Playing COD Zombies because I haven't in years then I decided to give the campaigns another shot and so far I really enjoyed the World at war and Black ops campaigns, and the start of Black ops 2's so far.
I'm not sure it's the treyarch ones are the good CoDs or something, but yeah perfectly enjoyable, so much so I actually got disappointed when they changed Hudsons voice actor in BO2.

Only real thing that I find shitty about CoD is how Jewish Activision is with the sales and DLC. that is a completely justified reason to hate COD.

Regarding gameplay, SF Adventures is good and the presentation puts the Gamecube hardware to good use.
The setting and characters are boring and dull.

This is so fucking out of nowhere. I mean, you just got there with your spaceship, you're an alien to the inhabitants, but they casually speak to you and ask to do boring things. Those dinosaurs are lazy as fuck.
In short, the dungeons are fine, controlling the aim of your staff is not and the game would be better if it was kept the way Rare intended instead of pushing Star Fox in it.

DMC2 is also another game that get justfide hate for being seriously inferior to DMC1 but there are things worth seeing in DMC2 that i'm sure allot of people missed out on since it's recommended to be skipped.

git gud

If you say you disliked this game, you never actually played it.

Have you even played it recently or are you just viewing it through nostalgia goggles?

Because it's pretty bad

It's been a while but I remember adventures being pretty dated last time I tried playing it. but I also remember allot of good things too.
Assault on the other hand holds up pretty well. I really wish they stuck to and refined this style of gameplay.

Sure the games have a lot of engrish, but they're not at all hard understand if you have a decent grasp on the English language, and at least the translations were censored or meme-filled like modern translations.
There's nothing wrong with the combat in these games. It's just Lunar-lite instead of Growlanser-lite, like original Japanese PC versions of the games.

*weren't

Ya it was a fun game for its time, to be honest

It's alright to kill time with, still a 6/10

Nah they're stupid.

DMC 2 is alright. Not as good as the others but it's simply OK.

bait

No idea why people say this is bad, but ok.

Yeah this was alright too. Felt like a modern Star Fox, lots of stuff to shoot and game was fun deespit ebeing limited and short.

No, fuck you, these were horrible. Not only were they bad at the time, but I went back and played the win98 originals and the psp remakes from bamco WERE EVEN WORSE than I previously thought. Worse than Trails in the sky by leaps and bounds, but worse than their originally release by a long shot too, and far worse than JRPGs on average.

I wish they made a sequel to this instead of going backwards and fucking up with Star Fox Zero

It's alright.

DMC1 practically revolutionized 3D action games, DMC2's combat is Drakengard tier. Recently spent a week replaying DMC1 several times and spent an hour with 2 afterwards, no idea how anyone could think that game is even remotely acceptable

Looks like somebody watches Game Sack.
Shit thread tho.

Adventures really wasn't bad.
It's the same concept as Nuts & Bolts, if it didn't have a popular franchise's name slapped onto it it could have been is own thing.

So you didn't play it? OK.

I don't watch e-celeb shit.

Pros.

Cons.

All and all, I was hyped for this shitty game and followed the development for two years. Even beta tested it. I was pumped for it to come out in october, then boom. It came out in fucking march because Capcom didn't want it to interfer with Resident Evil 6's sales. The developers apologized and asked for forgiveness but honestly, what can you forgive them for? They did what they were told and released half a fucking game 8 months early.

Bamco wasn't actually the developer; wikipedia claims that a company called "MICROViSion" developed the PSP versions. Not that Bamco isn't remotely at fault for how those games were received out here; the English script quality seems to suggest they didn't give a shit, perhaps as they weren't JRPGs developed by Namco themselves (compare with, say, English Tales scripts at the time).

Just saying.

I'm not saying DMC2 deserves Praise for being shitter then DMC1 but it's not all bad. like playing as Trish is pretty cool. I can at least enjoy a playthrough every couple of years, but that's is still pretty bad compared to the fact that I can and will play DMC 1, 3, and 4 from start to finish at literally any time.

Go back to >>>/reddit/

This is a dubs thread

Too bad the reaction at the time was overwhelmingly crying about how it wasn't as good as 64. Instead the series had to go off the deep end, hibernate, come back and flop.

Planetary/The Authority: Ruling the World.

check em

I'm starting to think that Nintendo needs to stop listening to the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Every game on Holla Forums

A lot of companies in general (whether it be vidya or non-vidya companies) need to do that in general.
Typically the teeth gnashers are the biggest faggots that don't even play video games and only do that shit for attention and clickb8 for their shitty youtube journals.

Maybe if you forget it being a Fallout game. On its own, yeah 6/10. But as a Fallout game, 3/10.

It routinely feels like companies take the worst possible message from negative feedback.

They haven't been listening to anything the past 5 years

That defines about a good portion of my game library.

>No one talks about how the GC/Xbox version fixed everything

Oh i had tetris worlds and i think it was bundled with a starwars game
The tetris was not bad considering

Alundra 2

I liked Banjo Kazooie a lot as a kid

This game pissed me off but it had nothing to do with what was in the actual game (besides the offhanded comment that nobody wants games like Banjo Kazooie anymore)

Remember kids, they had a gameplay demo for Threeie before they were told to pack that shit in and use their assets for an unrelated game.

I played the fuck out of this game.

who thinks its bad?

Would be nice if Lux-Pain would see a fan retranslation effort, but I figure there's not nearly as much demand for fixing it, compared to games that never came west anyhow. The game not being ported around also doesn't leave a chance for an official retranslation (the way Muramasa, originally handled by Ignition here, saw a much better English script on the Vita by Aksys)

On that note, Ignition's variance in translation quality has made me wonder if they have (had? Haven't checked their status in a while as to if they're still around) an A team and a B team over there, or if there's some games they simply give more of a shit about than others. For instance, with the DS game Nostalgia, I didn't find much out of place with its script (barring typos here and there), but even then they found a way to have some NA prints have a game ruining bug that prevents progress.

At least there's a retranslation patch as an option against Capcom's laziness (GBA port would have been a good chance to officially retranslate it, but no).

1. The game isn't considered bad by any sizable group.
2. BoFII's story is shit even when translated well.
3. BoFII's characters are shit.
4. BoFII's battle system fixes a few issues the first game had, but fucks up a whole lot more.
5. Absolutely fucking retardedly high encounter rate.

It was a noticeable step down from 2 in general despite upgrading to 3d grafix.
It wasn't a terrible game by any means, but people were expecting more than what was offered.

that doesnt say anything

I got stuck looking for garbage to make money so I could buy a fucking hat to grind a minigame. Even when you get past that, you still have to find the hidden letters to get the stamp and finish the fucking game, and those were fucking impossible to find. I ended up buying it over Starfox Adventures, and sometimes I wish I hadn't. Then I remember furries exist, and i'm suddenly fine with the decision.

For you and me it doesn't, especially nowadays, but at the time AoE3 was released if a game didn't live up to expectations it was generally considered complete shit by the video game playing population.
It's a matter of perspective user, standards have declined horrendously over the past decade to the point where AoE3 would probably be unanimously praised despite its flaws while back then it was shit on completely.

What? Starfox Adventures was boring as fuck and it made no sense.

I definitely don't understand the frothing hate it recieved here. Fucking Skyrim and Fallout 4 don't get as much hate as this game did. The circlejerk was strong with this one, and it's obvious a lot of Holla Forums didn't even play it.

Yeah this wasn't even a bad Star Fox. But the nostalgia goggles for Star Fox 64 were too powerful and people shit on this game hard. Now we have Star Fox Zero which actually looks and sounds good, but the controls are unbelievably bad in a game where they need to be pretty much perfect. Ruined.

Nuts & Bolts' only real fault is its too easy. It is otherwise a decent game. Starfox Adventures is much worse than that though.

yfw FF7 fanboys thought this game was shit. Fucking faggots went on to ruin everything trying to make it more like 7. 6, 8, and 9 were all better than 7.

What he's saying is AOE2 is widely considered one of the best RTS games ever. AOE3 had a lot to live up to and it failed.

Agreed, and as has been said many times before it probably would have been better received if they hadn't tried to pass it off as a BK game.
Adventures was an alright Zelda clone imo, and it should've remained its own standalone title as Dinosaur Planet and ported to GC instead of being altered horribly in the transition from 64 to GC and having the Star Fox name slapped onto it.
It really is a shame what happened with it, I feel like Dinosaur Planet could have been an interesting new addition to Nintendo's IPs, but you know Nintendo's outlook.
Fuck new shit when they can milk existing IPs and then abandon them completely when they run out of steam (rip F-Zero).

People hate BOTW because people keep trying to portray it as the perfect game when it has the same flaws as most open world sandbx games and an irritating weapon durability system. It also doesn't help matters when some crossposting jackass keeps copy pasting the same thread on both cuck and fullchan and tries to defend the game on aesthetics alone.

jesus god thank god some one acknowledges this, zelda can get away with any damn shit it seems. half of the game is just giant fucking fields and various forms of ball-in-cup. i don't hate the game but anyone who thinks its perfect has brain damage

Apparently, the Dinosaur Planet IP was owned by Rare before it became a Star fox title.

thats still not really saying anything. can we go in to detail?
i remember thinking the cannons were absurd at first, but i got over that pretty quickly. everything else felt like it expanded on rts as a whole, rewarding different styles of play while having a very good overall pacing that always keeps you busy but not necessarily a microfest.

I am always surprised by how good this game looked for PS2.

I'm not really saying anything about the game itself, I'm talking about why people have the "it's shit" reaction to it.
As for the game itself I personally felt it was a different experience that took some getting used to instead of something you could jump into immediately and fuck around with like its predecessors, which isn't a necessarily bad thing, it just throws you off at first and apparently not that many people were happy with that aspect when it first came out, thus earning it a shit reputation despite being an okay game.

Yeah, the fact that Rare and Nintendo went their separate ways at the time the game was released had a part to play in its rebranding, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo would have pulled some retarded shit with it even if they'd kept Rare around.

I had fond memories of Adventures as well, but I realized watching Two Best Friends that I must not have played a large percentage of it, because
I mean, come the fuck on. I don't care how many manhours were dedicated to this game, it's not fucking finished. That is some Plan 9 from Outer Space shit right there.

That really was the most garbage fucking handling of the character.
They didn't even give him his own battle cry before going "LOL ANDROSS", it was just some generic SharpClaw grunt and then a huge fuck you cutscene.
God damn, I'd almost forgotten about that, but now that you reminded me that alone makes the game fucking garbage.
Even the younger me was fucking furious about that shit.

There's literally nothing wrong with browsing Reddit.

Though the game has many flaws it was fun i enjoyed SFA also the game aged well since it looks amazing to this day i just wish it would have been finished since it had a shit ton of things cut out from the final release.

This game wasn't horrible, but having to basically mix another franchise into a new ip mid development and axe shit tons of content is never fucking good.

This series looks like generic weebshite, therefore I can't take it seriously, and I'm pretty much a fucking weeb. Is it good? What's so great about it?

nope

The entire community safe for a few *special* children.

It's a steaming pile of shit with ugly blocky polygon graphics and clunky gameplay. They should've just kept it 2d.

This game is shit because of the draw system. The best way to beat the game is to play cards to refine for spells and disable random battles.
Also, the story was fucking retarded with 'we were all orphans, the sorceress was our nanny, the GFs made us forget' bullshit at the basketball court.

High hopes I had, for an enjoyable fantasy medieval series.

Only the first one was in any sense of the word "good"

It's alright, but it tried to do too many things different from AoE2 to do any of them well.
Especially home city shipments.
It did have a good idea with giving civs more than just some bonuses and a unique unit, at least.

That's what I'm assuming as well, but I'll stick to Holla Forums memes for this one. So I'm gonna say DOOM 2016. It's a quick, metal as fuck shooter with no regenerating health and satisfying weapons. No, it's not classic doom, and there are devil may cry-esque kill dudes to progress rooms, but there are huge, explorable maps with plenty of secrets which can be pretty well hidden. And while there is a skill tree, you start out fast and strong, and get even faster and stronger. The game doesn't outstay its welcome either, at 6-8 hours. The multiplayer is nothing special, it's basically low rent Halo with a mapmaker, so don't bother with that unless you absolutely want to.

Good/10.

The game looked fucking awful and the shooting was the most unsatisfying shit I had tried out in a long time. Although now that I see it was released 8 months earlier then intended I can kinda understand why it was shit.

I think if it was called Quake 5 from the beginning it would have gotten a better reception here on Holla Forums

Please let this be (1) and done bait.

The instant takedowns, weapon redundancy and inclusion of the heavy assault rifle really mess with what could have been a half decent system. It's not as bad as others make it out to be, but i'd still consider it Bethesda raping an amazing series.

I have never understood how that system was in anyway a problem. It isn't like drawing spells is hard or more time consuming than grinding up to earn some new spells.

Disabling random battles to arbitrarily lower the difficulty of some battles also isn't a flaw. That is an option you can exploit or ignore.

Absolutely nothing about that was retarded. You didn't like the twist? Okay. GFs affecting memories was foreshadowed. The connection of some of the characters who had the most contact prior to the game start was also foreshadowed. Any other complaint about it either stems from your own bias or inability to pay attention to details.

All of that shit was retarded, and then it got worse with the "time compression" bullshit. user also forgot to mention the salary system that punishes the player for using in game features like vehicles, making them pointless. FF8 was a multi-million dollar trainwreck that siphoned time and money away from polishing better titles.

Calling something bullshit doesn't make it so. Try an argument next time.

How does it punish the player? How did you ever have any trouble making money in FFVIII? If anything money was too easy to come by. That is the flaw with the economy in FFVIII, and not the opposite. That said, every Final Fantasy has had a fucked economy. Every. Single. One.

This. Solid 8/10, enjoyable for at least 40 hours.

Like Holla Forums? :^)

I don't know if I'd call them great. They're just comfy little games with above average stories that don't take themselves too seriously and they're short enough that they end before they get boring or repetitive.

I'm not saying it doesn't have problems but it seems like most people who shit on it, especially the PVE part are following a hate train.

I guess you're right, Drakengard doesn't have a completely broken combo system.

Simcity 5.
Every game is different allowing much more playtime that shitties shitelines.

And here I thought the EA shills were gone.

Looks like Summer has officially begun.