Super Robot Wars

How does Holla Forums like the SRW series?
What are your favorite entries?

I used to play this SD Gundam RPG that was basically a Dragon Quest knock-off (they had cute little knight costumes) for the NES/FC but I can't remember the name if that counts.

The franchise is gigantic so I haven't managed to play very many titles. OG1 was my first and it was fantastic. Alpha gaiden was even better with all the crazy crossovers making it a lot more fun than OG from a writing perspective.

Currently on my second run through SRW V and while the game is way too damn easy it's still a good time especially since I am a fan of starblazers and they really went the extra mile with the yamato's attack animations.

Tends to drag on a bit.

F

I wanna mecha crossover fighting game.

Mainly because I wanna GaoGaiGar Shinji in the fucking face.

Still kinda mad berserk mode eva is useless, I like the animation for it. see 2:30.

Z2-2 was so close to being perfect. Eva and Zoids would have been cool too.

There was actually a Super Robot fighting game, Super Robot Spirits.

which is the best one to startwith?

It's meh.
Front Mission is infinitely superior.

It's like this, see, I like seeing my dick in my girlfriend's pussy, and I like seeing it in her ass, and of course I like seeing it in her mouth too, but that doesn't mean I wanna see her getting dick in each of them at the same time. Ya get me?

But you don't have girlfriend.

I do, but clearly you can't comprehend that analogy. Let me think of something else you might get.

Okay.

I like peanut butter, but I like it with stuff it goes well with. I like peanut butter with my chocolate, and I like peanut butter with jam, and I even like peanut butter with banana on the odd occasion, and I love peanut butter ice cream, but I don't want peanut butter and chocolate and jam and banana ice cream, because that'll be to much, too rich/sweet, and give me diabetes thus putting me off peanut butter. Now ya get me?

I've never eaten peanut butter in my life.

Oh, you must be one of those poor people. I don't talk to your kind.

I'm allergic to peanuts, can you work with another analogy?

Wait, are you saying that you wouldn't suck your girlfriend's dick if it had been inside your anus, a peanut butter jar and Tyrone's butthole in a short matter of time?

You've killed the joke. You're comments a demusing. That's the opposite of amusing. Your attempts to prolong/banter are so bad I've just lost all interest in continuing this. Lurk more until you aren't shit.

Series needs more Chirico

That's a weird leap of logic.

but i don't get what you were getting at all with those jokes then

was it any good?

also by fighting game I mean something like an action game. Think Gundam Versus or Virtual On.

I enjoy them. OG Team>Handheld Team>Console Team.

That would have been SD Gundam Gaiden, coincidentally they got into one of the recent SRW games.

Oh fuck no.

There was Great Battle but it was also shit.

I haven't played it myself but it looks like your average 3D fighting game, not horrible, but not great either, but for SRW fans it should be OK.

What do you mean? There were different studios making the games, Winky Soft made the first Super Robot Wars on Game Boy and then all the subsequent ones to F/F Final, as far as I know there wasn't a different team between the original Game Boy and the others.

I'm talking the current teams, Winkysoft don't do SRW anymore.

Favorite Series?
In no particular order, the Alpha Series, W, MX and the 2 OG games on the GBA.

Yeah, a series that ended at 5 (And no, fuck Evolved and Online)

Best to start with? I'm guessing Alpha 1 or OG1. Problem is, Alpha 1 is partially translated and OG1 is on the GBA.

Shame that the Zoids appeared in the worst SRW game (not counting X-Omega).

Well, it's based on the newer version of Yamato.

An old classic

A million times better than TTGL

All the Zs are fucking fantastic. Crowe is like a cowboy Yang Wen-li. It's awesome.

Superking has all the powers of a king
Plus all the powers of superman
also he's a robot
Aint he cool?
Superking, you rule!

Hell, any classic is better than TTGL.

Why is Granzon/Neo Granzon the best OG?

..Eh, I can't really doubt your taste. At least you say Granzon/Neo Granzon and not say..Fairlion…or any variants of the Lion.

hating against Fairlion is a paddling offense, son.

I actually just finished Alpha Gaiden, Normal Route. Don't know if I wanna go back for the hard route.

I still read it as you don't like a lot of stuff. That doesn't really make sense and I think just stating your opinion would work much better.

Do it pussy.

Well, sorry for having a taste in mecha, son. Never liked the Lion series and the Fairlion is no exception.

They have their merits, just as the regular Gespents do w/tweeking—no different than the numerous specials or the supers.

Except the template Lion. There's no helping that piece of shit.

Considering that it's supposed to be the OG version of the Leo from Wing..that's pretty apt.

Do I just sell off the terrain based ones?

You should be luck/cheering every major enemy or time you clear a bunch of units with a map attack.

That's what Luck does? Dag, I've missed a good chunk of opportunities.

You seriously didn't read the Spirit descriptions?

Why not Another Century's Episode?

Holy shit, Winky Soft did work on SRW after all? I was wondering if it was the same in-house composer that worked on Denjin Makai 2 at least.

I didn't deploy the two characters capable of casting it very often.

That's essentially the same as playing a normal RPG without a cleric, you need those funds to stay competitive.

Or not deploying mechs with the Repair ability (Not Resupply though)

I tend to do that at endgame, as you'll generally have enough ships to provide passive recovery. I just beat all the Masou Kishins but the last on,e and they're solid despite being made in a shack by third graders.

What?

You aren't missing much.

Gespenst is confirmed to be the strongest mech. Prove me wrong.

Was there one with the Iczel girls on it?

Saints Row is pretty good series. Third one is bad from a story perspective but is a lot better gameplay wise. People forget the slideshow that 2 was when it first released. That said the series has been played to death already.

What's all this gay gook shit anyways?

You mean L?

I don't know how I feel about all the magical shit going around in those games. Not to mention the odd battle scene camera angles.

Threadly reminder that Harmony Gold cockblocked the planned international release of Alpha 1 when literally everyone else was on board for the free publicity

A shame too, since I do like using these Macross things in Z2. Also Huckbeins.

Everything I love hates me.

You'll eat your Exbein and like it, damn it.

I mean I like the -beins too.

lol

I like the anime titties and buuts but it's the quasi-BattleNetwork looking grid that has me interested. Which game is this?

It looks like X-Omega, the mobile game.

I must know what this game is! Please tell.

SRW X-Omega

I'd believe it, but there should be more evidence on that somewhere. Maybe even leftover work from the project.

Either Cobray or Velt will show up with the missing 008, and they will cram it and the two Exbeins together to create the ExExbein, which the Banpreios will wield, thereby completing the R-Sword project.

And they will borrow the Cross Gate from Formido Heim by sending a team through a portal opened by Compatikaiser. He can do that, no problem. And they can get back with that weird car from X Zone 2, which can also transport the Full Sized Jyaki-gun for a dramatic reveal when they get back. It'll be great.

a shitty fucking cellphone game. but its so seductive. English version when?

Probably never, unless SEA gets it.

yes it was more along the lines of wishful thinking. I honestly wouldn't play it on account of it being a cellphone game but sometimes Japan doesn't know when they are hanging onto a good thing needlessly. Mech Warriors, Shin Chan fan service, Tits and Ass will give along way in the old U.S.of A.

go

Yeah but the bigger issue would be getting the western licenses to the characters, most likely they're spread among multiple companies. Jews ruin it yet again

God bless America

just bummed that the ones from Rayearth never got in

No one here is dumb enough to actually play that game because it has nice ladies though granblue has me doubting that a bit.

It doesn't have nice ladies at all, satan

I beg to differ.

You need to leave this thread.

Well I guess I'll be taking my lolis and leaving, have fun with your shit taste.

What the fuck did you expect when you decided to fag it up in an SRW thread when most SRW entries are from the golden age of anime in the 80s where women where actually well drawn attractive godesses and not Korean Jew engineered moeblobs?

Too bad we haven't getting classic or Macross Plus. Am getting sick of Frontier…and please God, don't let Delta in. Fuck, I'll take Godzilla in SRW rather than having Delta in. I'd draw the line at fucking Idolmaster and Vocaloid managed to sneak pass in SRW…but fuck Macross Delta. It's bad enough we won't be getting Super Robot stuff since Japan now is into Idol and Moeshit.

Yeah, take your loli shit and leave! Guys like you had infected mecha since Tomino made Puru.

Ah, City Hunter..now that's excellent taste, user.

City Hunter is borderline feminist garbage, Cat's Eye was better.

I thought that was Angel Heart..

Now this is shitposting

Kaori is a bitch, sorry fag.

Don't you fucking insult my tomboyish waifu

Why not Saeko, user?

He'd probably prefer sucking off Rumiko Takahashi's clitoris.

You know, the only good female character in Ranma 1/2 is Akane's older sister, Kasumi. She's not violent, she's good wife material…everyone else is just a domestic disturbance at 3 in the morning waiting to happen.

Idols have always been huge, and Moe is eternity.

I mean, it's not as ubiquitous as it is today. Back then, there's some fucking variety. Now it's either idolshit, moeshit…or light novel shit.

what the fuck are you talking about?
back to >>>/a/ with your anti-American autism.

You have terrible taste.

and (you) have been filtered

back to reddit

Shipsluts are nice, unlike AGE.

But really though fuck the mobile SRW

Crap browser game only good for being a tertiaryfag of. Like Granblue.

Granblue is awesome. You are a homosexual of the highest order.

Even if it was a good game, why would I play something with always-online DRM that is not preservable? That's intrinsically cancer.

Is it wrong i prefer shimakaze as a trap?

no

Anyone heard of Battle Moon Wars? It's a doujingame kind of like a SRW-type game but with Nasu-verse characters stuffed in it. I like it.

Surefire way to make things worse.

where did the new posts go help

…And went from SRW to shit series where girls are ships oh and Nasushit. And folks wonder why being a Super Robot fan is suffering.

filtered

Hey, what happened to the other comments?

Now I can see the other posts…weird.

Filtered

Nasushit kills everything it touches.

A
WALL
OF
BOOBS

Too bad this games usually never leave the weeb land and we will never get most of them translated

Actually, outside this one, which fucking games are available in english?

OG1 and 2 for the GBA..and SRW J (which was fan translated)

Alpha Gaiden was translated

SRW V, which came out earlier this year but you have to import a copy as it's an asian only release.

So nothing "modern"
I want high res for the boobs

Well, there's also V and Moon Dwellers..

Hell, Haken and Aschen was in Moon Dwellers too.

Japanese version came with English?
I can just pirate the Vita version

I don't think it was the JP version, but a release intended for Hong Kong, China and the rest of SEA. Also it probably wont work since it most likely requires a FW higher than 3.60,

Weird
Also I can't find anywhere so I guess its 6.61+ yeah

Pretty sure it is 3.61+, at least someone on Vitagen said it was a reason to ditch hackability. I don't agree with him.

6/10, made me respond.

You what we need in anime? A suave pervert badass like Ryo Saeba

Actually boatsluts dev plans to do new Kancolle without only online cancer. Mainly, because he got tired of DMM anti-fanworks bullshit and contract to them for game ends.

It's complete garbage compared to Cobra and Lupin you fucking cuck fag.

Haken Browning vs Masamune Date when Holla Forums?

Haken Browning: If Kyosuke suddenly acts like Excellen…or if Kyosuke and Excellen had a kid.