SlimeTales general

A nostalgic pre-BB private maplestory server, KMS v65. The game is being translated into English.

"Private KMS servers have progressed in development at a much faster rate compared to GMS servers. Unlike most GMS developers who have retired from the maple scene, KMS developers have used MapleStory as practice to better prepare themselves for the real world. We have decided to use the KMS client as they have been found to be more stable."

Working PQ: HPQ, KPQ, LPQ, CPQ, OPQ, EPQ, PPQ.
All skills working. ex. mystic door, snipe, etc.
All quests working. ex. Medal Achievements, expiry quests, etc
All bosses work correctly along with their appropriate pre-quests.

Skills are also rebalanced, so all classes are viable and Paladins/Marksmen are not shit now.

It's in its infancy and it already went over 100 players in just a couple days. This server is gonna be the next MapleRoyals (top #1 pre-bb server) so come join the fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/
sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
bbb.hidden-street.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't seem to get it started. I switched locale to south korean but it ain't working.

Come on now.
Speaking of which, did they fix their shit yet?

use this pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/

Nope. Still can't create characters or accounts.

sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
For those who hate launching the game fullscreen or playing it in a small window, you can use DxWnd to launch it in a stretchable window and even set a custom screen size for launch. (This doesn't change the resolution, it just stretches the picture. Still makes text easier to read.) You can also just launch it in the default 800x600 window if you just don't want fullscreen and would rather not to deal with a stretched window.
Only issue I have is that you have to uncheck "correct mouse position" to see the cursor where it displays in the window if the resolution is stretched, so the cursor will be slightly off-position if you move it outside of the window.
To get the custom DxWnd window you must launch SlimeTales.exe and not the launcher.

I've never used this with Locale-Emulator, but you can try running DxWnd with it and see if it passes on the locale to SlimeTales.

is anything special needed to run this game in wine besides the .net files?

Actually you can.

MapleRoyals have fixed most of their shit now, and character creation was recently enabled.

Don't think so. Forum post says Mac users don't need to change locale.

Oh, character creation was recently enabled? IT must've been very recent since I just checked last week.

i'm a bit confused by the slimetales launcher. the original one ran then had me grab an update for it. the updated one just gives a "file exists" error.
the game itself seems to run fine, though i have no idea how to change the resolution.

finally got this shit up and running. who do i msg to join guild?

you can message me, my ign is 88mph

No, just install .NET 4.0 with winetricks and you'll be set. (Winetricks isn't required but I recommend it.)
You'll also need to install Korean, but you don't need to change the locale. The first command lets you launch the game directly, and the second one runs the launcher. (Change $PWD to your wine directory. I keep my scripts in the wine prefix for reference. I keep SlimeTales under Program Files to keep it organized, but if you have the folder elsewhere you can also just put the script in the SlimeTales folder and change the command to "SlimeTales.exe" or "SlimeTales Launcher.exe" so long as you have the correct wine prefix.)
env LANG=ko_KR.utf8 WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX="$PWD" wine "C:\\Program Files\\SlimeTales\\SlimeTales.exe"env LANG=ko_KR.utf8 WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX="$PWD" wine "C:\\Program Files\\SlimeTales\\SlimeTales Launcher.exe"

I think that's because the Mac download contains a pre-setup wine profile. I'm on Linux so I had to install everything manually. The game wouldn't run without one of the commands I listed to change the game's locale to Korean. They're correct in that the locale doesn't need to be changed, as we can run the program in a different locale without changing it in the OS.

You can't. The game is locked at 800x600 resolution. The best you can do is play it fullscreen or use a program like DxWnd to stretch and upscale the window.

i've just been using LANG=ko_KR, i get tons of boxes despite having korean fonts installed so i'll try with your recommendation.
is applying dxwnd to the file in wine simple? i probably won't get to it for a few hours.

Yeah, using dxwnd is pretty easy. Just run it without lang=kr to set it up in English first. Just add the path to SlimeTales.exe (not launcher) and uncheck "correct mouse position" if you want to launch the game in a higher window size.

Has anyone else gotten an error like this when trying to use the launcher? I'm on windows 7 in korean locale, and I'm a bit bamboozled.

i was getting that when i switched to the new launcher. the game launches fine.

managed to get it all working and running well except for the korean fonts (i must only have a stripped down font associated or something) , i'm not sure it matters since i can't read it anyway.

I get a lot of blank characters too. I don't know if it's an issue with the language pack, Wine, or .NET, but I'm not concerned since I can't read it either. As long as the English text renders I'm happy.

Just joined.Whom should I whisper for a short guide and guild invite?

I can do it, Kaban.

that event seems pretty rigged, the gm just hides and picks people they don't know to boot out.
also i should probably grab an invite to the guild if someone is on.

Last time I played on a Maplestory private server, I got permanently banned after I asked someone to see his papers since he was talking to me in Spanish.

So I got the recipe for ilbies for the sinfags. (I didn't look carefully at the items enough to think to check if that was an intermediate or advanced dark crystal. I'll let the sins figure that one out.) Also, reminder that we're currently the #1 guild in the server.
We should get the other guild up there too just for bragging rights.

bbb.hidden-street.net/
This will also be useful to find monster locations, drops, and other useful information. It's not always accurate for private servers due to version differences, (and also region in this case) but it's usually close enough to reference.

Bump

It's an advanced dark crystal. You can tell by the red corner versus an orange corner for intermediate

what a depressing world all wrapped up in a cute 2D aesthetic…

royalers on suicide watch

Maplestory is incredibly homosexual and so are you

what the fuck are you talking about?pvp was never mandatory,has been dead for years and never came back.unless you're talking about KSing but again that makes no sense either,theres 20 fucking channels and only scania,bera and maybe luna are somewhat busy.Reboot is very often full though.

Anyone on that can invite to the guild?

Kaban

In other news, MapleRoyals has gotten their shir together and most things are fixed. Only major feature left is FM market.

muh sunk costs

So SlimeTales or MapleRoyals?

Hmm mouse vac killing people was good times.

New update

Royals has way more players and is an older server, the economy is high and it's all about end-game content.

Slimetales is new, comfy and feels like you're on an adventure. Nobody is level 200 yet, economy and gear can be difficult to get but the community is more tight-knit.

Depends on what you're looking for.

How the fuck do I update if the launcher keeps giving me error left and right?

I think you need to reinstall, read the forum post.

Just did, what a drag.

try to run with slimetales.exe instead of the launcher next time

I was doing that but that won't update the game.

They seriously need to make an installer instead of just giving us a 4gb zip file prone to errors.

I'm playing Royals in the mean time.

slimetales is kill

Heads up to anyone who is going to make a MapleStory general thread,
include the following with their respective information:

Those are the only good and worthwhile pre-BB nostalgic servers.