Gravity Rush 2 collab with Let It Die

What's with all these collabs they're doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LETITDIE_jpn/status/868679552628695044
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trying to sell their games

But isn't most of the dlc free?

Seems to be a pretty common thing for Nip games.
Granblue Fantasy, a browser/phone game, has so many weird weird crossover event characters.
such as:
Lina Inverse/Naga (Slayers)
Haohmaru (Samurai Showdown)
Chun Li/Ryu/Rashid (Street Fighter)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Series)
And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
And then there's like Final Fantasy 14 that just out of nowhere brought in a whole Garo crossover armor skins/mounts, just because they got the creator to come do some monster designs.

If this keeps going with Gravity Rush, i wonder what its next collabs could be.

all the DLC is free. Gravity Daze is very popular in Japan and it helps both parties to cross-promote.

It's kinda weird Sony's been giving gamers the best treatment in the industry lately.

You don't need to do much when most companies shit on their customers for their political opinions on a daily basis in the west, and they're just aloof and kind of incompetent in the east.

Unless of course you're japanese youself, in that case getting showered with respect and extra content of all kinds is kind of normal.

A GR costume set for Persona 5 and vice-versa seems like something that would fit like a glove.

Is it? Wish the game fared better in the West. Seemed to have flown under almost everyone's radar. Admittedly, I don't think it's a game that invites multiple playthroughs but it certainly has its charm.

must be why it's so unusual. Seems like its a courtesy they're just extending to everyone who bought gravity rush 2, free side story-expansion campaign, tons of free outfits from popular media. In the West its more like a competition on who can outjew the other guy.

yes, gravity rush has a pretty notable following in Japan, it's also very popular with industry types - for example yoko taro recently commented how he wanted some time to just play some games, and listed gravity daze 2 among them.

It's one of the best games of the year, easily, and a very refreshing platformer experience.

Fairly, Gravity Rush 2 sold 100,000+ copies in Japan. It wasn't hard to see why GR2 was buried here though, there were so many games launching at the same time, sandbox or long games on top of that.

If you guys were to come up with an idea of what the next Gravity Rush collab would be, how would you do it?

It is but all the good weebshit came out almost at the same time. I ended up sitting out Nioh because I didn't have the time to manage all of it (doesn't help they're all huge time sinkers, particularly Yakuza 0).

100K doesn't sound like much but I don't know the budget they worked with. Atlus and Vanillaware usually report that they're pleased with those kinds of numbers.

I already mentioned a cross promotion with P5 but I'd like something that could affect gameplay. Maybe something really bananas like having Dusty as a weapon in a Yakuza game (a series that is no stranger to over the top silliness), making you able to shift enemies' gravity and fling them about like ragdolls.

shekels

100k for japan is like 1m for america, obviously it's not as much profit made, but it's a decent way to determine the popularity of game.

If you like to play as girls fuck off.
No testicle having losers.

Next you'll tell us that having sex with women is gay, girly and unmanly.

So what does this collab actually entail?

Not sure if there's more info about it, but they announced it on this tweet
twitter.com/LETITDIE_jpn/status/868679552628695044

Might sounds autistic, but considering how one of Sony's PlayStation franchises that did a lot of crossovers is Ape Escape, which even shares the same studio as Gravity Rush, it could be fun if they made some sort of missions for Dusty tokens, where you must stop the pipo monkeys from messing things up, while Spike is there, whether he's either a sidekick or even a playable character.
And maybe to make Spike's addition more fun, there could be some fun stuff like, if you use the camera, he gets to make silly poses of his own or you could interact with him to have some special dialouge between him and Kat.

This is some mobage levels of collabs

It's a waifu game whose entire gimmick is easy upskirts adding outfits. Why are you surprised?

Semi on topic, but does anyone have the soundtrack to let it die?

Deep lore

Jap corporations absolutely love a good cross-branding deal. It promotes both games and fans get some crazy add-on content for fun, like the Ikkitousen girls in Senran Kagura.
Sometimes they go way overboard, though. Granblue Fantasy has had the most bizarre crossovers. Everything from Idolmaster to old stuff like Samurai Shodown, Sakura Wars and even Slayers.

surely you jestin

this is nothing new

Sounds cute

Just look on jewtube, all of the songs are there.

She uses no underwear.

Nice

Sony needs to shill their mediocre tech demo

but why?

That's some dangerous rhetoric you are promoting there. Most people here would assume you are just shitposting.

You have never played it, have you?

When every other company out there just wants to fuck you in the ass, pump it and dump it, the one company which gives you a reach around becomes the defacto "good guy".

It breaks my heart that a game with so much potentially just kills itself with a complete and utter lack of variation, it's the same grindy shit, forever. Fuck you Free to Play buisness model

It gets worse. Much worse.

I want Sonyggers to leave

I know it does, it's such a shame, the game started out so good

It's nice to be so young eh?

Japanese devs are by no means perfect but they seem to understand one thing very well:

That means half naked teenage girls and not political statements on state militias.

Yeah there's TOO MUCH Japanese games to play at the moment. I only recently started P5 because of this.

And I want the nintendrones gone as well. At least Sony is trying after losing. Other companies would rather rest on their rabid fanbase.

More like "Rabbid"
They could at least made Mario X Ray Man, since both are actual platformers

Imagine Kat patting his head

can girls headpat boys?

Yeah they're very trying after abusing poor Vitan. I just want a real handheld this generation.

Somewhat. They need to work on better coding and gameplay though.

If they're cute enough, unless you'd want to headpat someone like the ranger from Quake

so what are we getting out of this sempai? come on, do tell

i still log to my LID character once in a while.

am i the only one who finished the game without buying a single microtransaction?

it was quite a challenge, and it took a little grinding, but you get enough freebie DMs to push through in case you fuck up

spoiler: the top of the tower has no treasure, uncle death is the president of Yotsuyama, he made the Tubers, created the tower, stole the heads of 4 truly insane people to act as Dons, and set the rumor out because he wanted to use the souls of those with strong enough wills to reach the top as fuel to propel the moon into earth with his golf club and annihilate humanity as a whole, but he has TOO MUCH FUN watching you play the game so he cancels that plan, kills the final boss that he had prepared for you, and decides to spend the rest of his immortal life watching people like you and Meijin play videogames

Do you think it's cute?

GRR and GR2 are on my reasons to own PS4 list

But Kat doesn't wear a skirt.

Those are still fair numbers for a Japanese release, not everything can be a Monster Hunter there.