Fighting Game General: Combo Breaker Edition

Combo Breaker is going on right now.
twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. Release date is July 20 in Japan in physical and digital on PS4. Digital only for PS3 & Vita.
Erika Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.
Vega's SFII stage is to be added as a DLC stage on May 30th.
Ed confirmed as SFV's next DLC character. He uses simplified inputs compared to the rest of the roster: youtube.com/watch?v=ux3YpaUbBAM
Starfire, Red Hood and Subzero confirmed as the first 3 DLC characters: youtube.com/watch?v=mB6BHtwigEA
Microtransaction model confirmed to only affects colors and fast unlock stuff.
Game is confirmed to be using Denuvo for it's PC release.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Harada is asking who the fans wants to be in the game.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Release date is June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder character. Will be put as a regular DLC a month later.
Gameplay and characters available detailed: archive.is/nIcyP
Release date is September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
Rev2 is out on consoles worldwide now, the game will be coming out on PC May 31st.
store.steampowered.com/app/631560/GUILTY_GEAR_Xrd_REV_2_Upgrade/
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
KoF XIV is up for pre-order on steam. Pre-ordering the game gives you instant access to the closed beta. The game is also 20% off if you pre-order.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system.
The game has been released on the Nintendo Switch. Akuma is still broken and Evil Ryu and Violent Ken have ToDs.
Tohru Sakurai, series creator of Arcana Heart, has passed away eariler this month.
SEGA plans to revive older IPs: archive.is/Ii1Lu
Mr Wizard has released a rankings list based on the number of entrants for each game at EVO on twitter: twitter.com/MrWiz/status/862044228217470976
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Kemono Friends Fighter Staring Not-Leona: youtube.com/watch?v=f6vmfguGB0w
Punch Planet new video: youtu.be/muuPzaVu6C4
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Pocket Rumble got a Switch release: youtube.com/watch?v=d2x_eumG-Zo
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord Group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST and other SF games:
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817208491607885/
archive.is/AQAEO
marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/TEKKEN-TAG-2-Online-Pass/06b19b34-fa75-4027-9468-784667e560d4
twitter.com/odanondesu/status/868503405450240002
steamcommunity.com/app/520440/discussions/0/1291817208492066348/
gamebillet.com/tekken-7?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7
gamebillet.com/tekken-7-deluxe-edition?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mortal-kombat-x-fatality-bundle
twitter.com/ComboBreakerFGC/status/868999513494695940
twitter.com/frionel26/status/869028646769618946
archive.is/AewDR
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6dslre/is_injustass2_dead_or_alive/
twitter.com/Yellow_Motion/status/868109160088580096
tk7.tekken.com/fighters/leo
twitch.tv/videos/147834272
uploaded.net/file/652e23tb
archive.is/cfLS3
mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc
pokemon-matome.net/articles/140266.html
translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/140266.html&edit-text=&act=url
serebii.net/index2.shtml
imgur.com/a/4ux67
archive.is/uJK4b
archive.is/8ruN7
archive.is/WMcWF#selection-5251.1-5251.76
steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817837613121744/
archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/869757434314629121
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post your mains.

And to think, I was about to drop some money into it.

New Core A Gaming video:
Analysis: The Consequences of Reducing the Skill Gap

thoughts?

I try to look at the positive aspect; I save money plus I have more time to play KoF XIV and UNIELst.
If the VF5 PC port rumor turns out to be true, I'll just put my focus into that for 3d Fighting

Source?

steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817208491607885/

Son of a bitch. Well, looks like they just saved me $50.

Previous thread: archive.is/AQAEO

It seems Bandai is now using Denuvo for everything. Oh well.

That's what they said after they announced that the last tales game came to PC. They claim its "mandatory in the current environment"

Wonder how long they'll take to realize the dent on sales. Their market is somewhat savvy weeaboos, shit won't fly.

No Anna Williams on Tekken 7, NO BUY!

what are the joke fighters?
sfv and smash?

Even if she was in it'd still be a no buy

Skullgirls

I'll laugh hard if it gets cracked in a day. Spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to piss off a good chunk of the PC community and stop piracy for a few hours

She'll be back…as a disc-locked, season pass character you have to spend money on.

Question of the day: why do Skullgirls players look like Skullgirls players?

To be fair, furfags aside, the KoF matches looked like it was seconds away from a bunch of nips with harpoons barging in.

that Kukri though

Harada has mentioned that he thinks it's wrong for people to have to pay for classic characters as DLC. If he goes back on this it will not go well for Tekken in the future.

Yet he's okay with Season passes and disc-locked content you have to spend money on. Fuck that hypocrite and his sjw-bitchboy Murray.

don't forget online passes

*sigh* DRM is a bigger deal-breaker than X-character to me.

Well-done video. Too bad, no capcom exec will watch it.

But NEW characters are fine as dlc *koff*Lili's vampire, ELIZA*koff*

'sup goys

marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/TEKKEN-TAG-2-Online-Pass/06b19b34-fa75-4027-9468-784667e560d4

He's doing that because Bandai Namco pulls funding for console released Tekken games after a month. With this he can expand development for up to a year and if it goes well it could mean that development beyond that might happen. If you're that ass hurt about it bring up the issue with the company because it's a waste of time complaining at Harada.

Eliza is not a classic character is she.

man, I forgot online passes were even I thing since they failed so hard

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND

The concept of

JEWS

How's is uSF2?

Again, still doesn't justify season pass and disc-locked shit. Fuck him. I never liked the hack.

No, she's a slutty, worthless vampire bitch from a shitty Tekken game no one played seriously. Only fags who think the Lili x Asuka shit was cute and meaningful like the dumb bitch even though they never got past 1st Dan with her in the Ghost/Arcade modes. If you haven't noticed, I really hate Eliza, and this is from a fucking bear main of all people.

They got rid of the season pass on PSN, but I dunno about the 360 version (My friend kicked my ass online a few months ago online).

It's fucking garbage. Avoid it.

I didn't read the unsold part, and how physical copies are pretty much fucked. My bad.

A broken as fuck 40 dollar cash grab

They somehow made a port worse than whatever Sirlin made. How?! How do you do th-oh yea, Ono.

I remember being a bit sad that they canned the plan for an Alpha 3 HD. After how each SF2 port turned out I'm happy they didn't touch it

Yea, you should be very grateful Alpha 3 HD got canned. I don't want Ono near Darkstalkers anymore.

Shoryuken $40euro

They're people defending and praising these changes!

So at the moment, T7FR isn't a complete package for you. What can I say other than don't buy it if it's not good enough for you.

Some of us also have to suck it when it comes to absent content. Tekken 7 is missing a few of my most used characters from T6, Anna, Baek and Armor King. In general I also miss Jun, P-Jack and Kunimitsu as I prefer those characters over their counter parts or replacement. Sometimes we don't always get what we want.

I can tell you you're a piece of shit cuck-shill for supporting a shitty fighter that uses sleazy practices like disc-locked shit, season passes, and Denuvo. You're part of the problem.

Paying for something that doesn't have everything that you want doesn't mean you're a cuck it just means I don't think I'm entitled. Learn the fucking difference.

The whole point is you're supporting disc-locked content and a shitty sleazy anti-piracy practices that fuck the consumers, fans, and customers like a fanboy-cuck-shill, you retarded cuck-shill. Kuma is in Tekken 7, but I'm still not getting it because he's gonna be unplayable-tier like the Tag 2 (exclusives out of Kuni and P. Jack). The game's shit balance is gonna be even worse than what it is now.

SF Zero series is so unloved. That sucketh cos that's my fav SF *sigh*

That bitch desperately needs a cheeseburger.

darkstalkers are dead

Should Chunners have toned arms?

Yes

so there's more of her delicious chinese armpit for you to eat when she gets you in a headlock

twitter.com/odanondesu/status/868503405450240002

Thunder thighs

Because Sonic Fox only wears the hat when he plays SG.

Also did anyone else get weird vibes from the vsav commentators?

It's not just him, I also recall there were fat autists who wore striped t-shirts and polo shirts that are regulars to SG tournaments.

Who the fuck wears stripes past the age of 7?

So I have been on and off on these threads and I am wondering what version of GG rev 2 I should get. The psn/steam version upgrade or the physical disk. I might be miss remembering some details but apparently the physical disk version or the online rev2 upgrade have more than the other version. I might be wrong but if that is the case I'd like to know if there actually is a difference between rev2 buying options

Looks like it was made in flash by a bunch of drug-addicted Brazilians. Avoid.

yeti got on my nerves with his unfunny off-topic noise pollution. Xonaz is a fat whore surrounded by thirsty betas

There's that word again! The best way to spot a battered housewife shill.

steamcommunity.com/app/520440/discussions/0/1291817208492066348/

Here it explains everything about PC versions, PS should have it's own information on the product pages or something but I doubt there'll be any big discrepancies. If you should get it on PS/Steam depends on where you live, if Europe then definitely go PC from what I've heard. Rev there is still not quite dead.

I absolutely fucking hate stripes. Jackets with thin vertical stripes can have their own appeal, but the horizontal stripes look fucking terrible, the "please be patient I have autism" tier.
Patterns are the way to go. Fuck people with printed shirts too.

Never skip leg day.

**>i'm not canceling my preorder

Why do I keep letting video game companies do this to me.

How do they keep falling for this bullshit? Denuvo costs 6 figures to implement and scares away tons of customers, they're just shooting themselves in the foot for no reason. Just bought KoF XIV instead, fuck it.

Can confirm 360 version still fucked. I wonder how many XBOfags are gonna get pissed about this when they buy T7 because it comes with a free copy of TTT2 I believe… so if they try to play that with their friends who already have a copy it'll cause major butthurt. But I think it might've been a gratis copy of T6 with XBO T7 preorders. Meh

Pc retail copy doesn't even have a disc in it. Just a steam key. To be fair you can get 'everything' for the standard AAA price here gamebillet.com/tekken-7?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7

Practices are shitty but it didn't cost me any extra shekels so it's retarded rather than jewish.

Wrong link. That's standard edition. gamebillet.com/tekken-7-deluxe-edition?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7 This is the one with all the extra crap bundled in. At least in € it's less than 60, the price I payed for every previous Tekken.

Because you're a pathetically weak human being and you're the exact reason why they keep getting away with it

Truly the best fighting game of all time. Man am I glad I left this shit genre

They gave away TT2 last year on Xbox for free during E3. Surprisingly I didn't hear any major backlash about this from Xbonefags.

Huh. Didn't see it on whensmelee.

How did the vampire savior and guilty gear brackets go? Anything interesting?

Who's attending the melee bracket?

And when the fuck will there be a Jojo's Hftf tournament?
I want to see a devo destroy 50 kakyoins

Friendly reminder the discord is full of autists

He says while posting on an autistic niche imageboard.

Don't KoF and Xrd have Denuvo?

No, they don't

No.

At least it's just an autistic niche imageboard and not an autistic niche circlejerk.

SFV player detected

I don't know user, I remember reading Denuvo planned to offer their services for much cheaper to lesser companies. Unless the cost was super small, in the case of those games the cost of protection probably wouldn't pay off even if somebody was stupid enough to assume the pirates would all without fail buy the game. However I also remember the denuvo email leak earlier this year in which the Arcsys Steam porting guy wrote to them asking about the system and it's potential cost. Maybe someone has that saved, but I don't. It probably was too expensive or Arcsys simply changed their mind as neither Rev nor BBCF had that, and nothing indicates Rev2 will suddenly introduce it. Spending shekels on worthless protection instead of Robo-Ky would be an affront to me.

Who pirates new fighting games anyway? That is unless they have working online like Melty Blood/wingdreams version of Reload did back in the day years ago, in which it was probably superior to regular #Reload I got from a Polish magazine, but even then it's only a handful of autists who get it. Xrd barely has any worthwhile single player modes. MOM is shit, arcade is good but still only arcade and there's no Survival which fucking rocked in XX. Even the story mode can be watched or will be watchable on youtube as Arcsys seemingly gave up on removing their videos and music. Probably they've figured paying a guy to autistically remove what's essentially free advertisement was not a good idea.

Why the fuck is old survival still not back in Xrd? Best fucking mode with those black/gold characters being there, presenting a challenge.

I'm pirating Tekken 7 as soon as it gets cracked and I'd probably pirate Injustice 2 if there was a pc port. Just so I can practice the basics when the games are on rotation at my local fgc

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown on PC when???

July

Not seriously, I'm just hoping what that one "sega employee" user said is true. If he was being legit; shenmue HD collection is the next PC port then VF5:FS after that

A man can hope

If dubs Capcom acquires the rights for a new™ streamlined™ beginnerfriendly™™ VF :^)

Don't EVER joke about that, user. FUCK

I guess you're right. REROLL :DDD

If repeating digits, Capcom becomes great again.

Oh well, some things are simply not meant to be.

If dubs f24e68 is acquired by capcom and forced to play test SFV for all eternity

You're lucky f24e68. But your luck will run out eventually.

I still wouldn't get Injustass 2 after seeing what that piece of shit Ed Boon did to MKX.

Eh, it's not like I'd pay for it or put in much of an effort. I'd just dick around for maybe an hour or two to find a decent character

Trips then Capcom will never have the talent to ever make a good game again. All of their past games were flukes and any talent they did have left. All of Capcom and their fanboys will burn for the rest of eternity in the pit of sulfur while their dead IPs will RIP.

Now I'm glad my toasters can't run the game

Reminder that Capcom was aiming for this audience

Obscurelateral!

It's like you're new to Holla Forums or something.
Everytime fighting games are discussed outside of the general you get a bunch of scrubquotes worthy retards pretending all the bullshit they spew means they know what they're talking about. Pretty good threads to get a laugh out of.

My favourite posts in those threads can be summed up as:
Really makes you wanna go JUUNEN HAYAIN DAYO!

There's also: "I want to play Capcom fighter. Advice?"

I want to play Sonic The Fighters. Advice?

Play Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers or Fighters Megamix instead

Hit the lab bro, see you in 2 years.

Watch milions of shitty, unfunny Maximilian videos or Geoff the Sjw Cuck's video guide to Amy Rose.

Game is still shit goddammit

Fixed it for you.

What is the hardest character in any 2D fighting game to learn/to play? Hardest 2D fighting game character to learn/play? Why is said character hard to learn/play?

I wish.

The artist of that pic fucked up, 2p Yoshi masks in SCII are the best.

99% of the Guilty Gear roster and 80% of BlazBlue's cast. You need to know all of the mechanics to make guys like Zato and Baiken win in GG (good luck maining Jack-O). Old school grapplers like SF2 Geif are hard because inputs back then were tough. Charge characters can be tricky. Gief is so much easier to use in current gen games, but still doesn't have it easy. Charge character combos can be pretty tricky. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue will always have high learning curves like VF and Tekken. I wouldn't say KoF is easy to get into either. CvS isn't too bad, but it's full of pretentious autism created by the fgc.

Character-wise:

The more I see it, the more I think fighters should give up on action cameras. They were a mistake. Fighters should follow those rules Jackie Chan once said about camera positioning.

A lot of Arcana Heart characters. If your experience is with Capcom and SNK FGs, the game by itself will feel difficult to get into even at a basic level. Some characters have absurdly tricky inputs like a forward charge or 360ºx3, like GG there's characters with unique gimmicks and beyond that there's picking a Arcana to complement your style.
If I had to name a character, I'd say Lieselotte from AH. A very complex character (puppet user) in a already complex game.

Honorable mentions:
Aoi (VF)
Brad (DOA)
Voldo (SC)
Angel (KoF)

What the fuck? If you got no meat on your bones why would you try to cosplay Mai? There's nothing worse in cosplaying then landwhales trying to cosplay non-whale characters or skinny bitches with no curves trying to cosplay curvy characters. Jesus fuck I need some serious eyebleach.

too be far she does have the tits for it and the costume is fine. It's really bad when you look at the 2nd pic and the skeletons is trying to escape from her body(legs specifically).

also women need to expose more sideboob, we should be encouraging more cosplay

People forget that Mai has the full package, especially hips and thighs. That's why I was so triggered, tits is bare minimal for her. Obviously, not everyone is going to have her stature but good lord at least make sure you aren't anorexic.

I'd just like to interject for a moment.
What you’re referring to as a "fine cosplay with a skeleton trying to escape the body", is in fact, Skelly/play, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, skeleton plus skin suit.

Amen.

What's the alternative for online 3d fighters on PC?

She's supposed to be THICC.

DoA?

Your only other option is DoA5 LR, and that PC port is trash also. On an unrelated note, Is Elphelt for pure love or for sexual love?

DoA5 LR or emulating older games

Pure sexual love.

Both

To elaborate, there are no player lobbies, the graphics are between PS3 and PS4-level for some reason even though a fucking PC should easily be able to handle slightly more intense graphics, destructible costumes aren't destructible because MUH SOFT ENGINE CAN ONLY BE IMPLEMENTED ON PS4 (which is a meme because there are mods that makes costumes destructible), it is also missing 3 or 4 stages, can't remember how many exactly. Only upside is that you can mod it, pic related.

Yes.

Consensual sex in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation.

I missed Xrd grand finals after the reset. Did Bears get washed?

MK XL for 17 dollars. bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mortal-kombat-x-fatality-bundle

No thanks.

Your call.

Red Hood trailer.
Seems like they wanted to make a new Stryker.

And here comes another True American!

That's only good. That means more people will realize that Mexicans/Chinese/Hues aren't the end-all of KOF and more will leave SFV behind.

Link?

twitter.com/ComboBreakerFGC/status/868999513494695940

Shieeeet. I hope more people jump into KoF after this.
By the way, which games are left to watch?

SFV top 8 I think so nothing

I'm proud of you burgers. If only Europe could follow suite and cleanse its own FG scene.

I think France is the only euro country that has good players. They also have a lot of people playing fighters. Brit'ish just play fps'

Reynald is on some king shit

Whoa! KOF15 looks…

hmm…I don't know.

what the hell am I looking at

So is Leo no longer brain dead in Rev2

twitter.com/frionel26/status/869028646769618946

How so?

Huh…

archive.is/AewDR
wait SFV doesn't have online training? I thought that was industry standard at this point. Even those PS4/Vita snk fighter ports have online training

Looks like they're getting ready to show off the season 3 characters.

New opening for UNIEL[st]'s upcoming console ports.

its still in beta, maybe in a year it will be a complete game.

I should really start playing UNIEL again to get ready for [st]

The earlier ones were better. Still decent though.

Anyone know what songs from Xrd Rev have a bunch of violins in them? I really need to find this one song.

?

No, that wasn't it. I don't think it had any guitars in it.

InJustAss
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6dslre/is_injustass2_dead_or_alive/

Checked Shoryuken and more casual places. I haven't seen one reviewer being very happy with Ultra Street Fighter 2. Purists don't like it because you can't set the mechanics to an older version (this version is different from Sirlin's HD remix or any other). It has the graphics from the old arcade version and from the HD remix (given the roster they could have done a version with polygons based on 4, but they didn't. Oh, and btw. Digital Foundry showed this version removed parallax effects and background animations the HD remix had because this is current-year Capcom, always thinking two steps ahead of you in how they could disappoint you even when you expect nothing).

Given that this game offers two styles of graphics, I don't think anybody would have expected any new characters being more than variations of existing ones. But Violent Ken and Evil Ryu are really the most boring way one could add variety to the game. With the exception of the trio Ryu, Ken, Akuma, all the characters in SSF2T are unique, so if you want to add variety by making a clone character, you should pick somebody else. Why not Metal Zhangief? How about Cool Guile, wearing shades and throwing them if you don't charge your Sonic Boom properly (just came up with that, OC do not steal). And if you make a Ryu variation, why not Shen Long? (I would have done this: His attacks do the most damage of anybody's, and he has no healthbar and dies in one hit if he doesn't block.) Akuma is now balanced, because his fireballs slowly drain his life force. Haha, just kidding, they didn't do that. He is still overpowered (slightly nerfed), but it doesn't matter, Violent Ken is even more broken. If you can't be arsed to balance any new characters, it's better to make a deliberately weak one rather than risk one dominating against everybody. They could have added Dan Hibiki.

Casuals won't like it because there is not much extra-content flimflam. There is a 3D motion-control mini game and a two-players versus CPU mode, but the bonus rounds were you destroy barrels or a car are gone. You can't set the game speed anymore (I don't think many will miss that feature though). And the AI is much dumber than what people remember from the SNES iterations. Yeah, that's about it. Sounds like a winner, eh?

it's depressing that we've reached a point where romhacks have more effort put into them than official street fighter games

You could just go into the gallery and go through all the songs you've unlocked so far. Shouldn't take that long.

99chrisbard please fuck off, seriously.

No violins but this track is kickass

Tekken 7 has been a shitshow since day one. No buy now, no buy ever

Dude, we know. Now we're all saving money for that VF5:FS PC port that's just around the corner.

Is that going to be a decent port?
For some reason the netplay on most fighting game ports sucks ass despite it being obvious faults causing the problems each time

Of course it's going to be a decent port user!

Might buy T7 on PS4. Denuvo means no point buying the pc version

See you're a dumb man. Denuvo isn't the only problem with the game you nerdlord.

I wish I could have your optimism my friend. You're a good man.

Well considering that there's absolutely NOTHING indicating that VF5:FS is getting a PC port soon if ever you could say that my optimism is at a level never before measured by man.

I know my friend. It's a shame being a Fighting Game Fan and knowing that even when you do get ports, they're almost always shit
I blame Capcom like I do for all other ills

wait… akatsuki?

isn't that the one from the neo-nazi doujin fighting game?
Is this some kind of sequel?

He's a guest character, it's been there for 2 versions now.

Is there a change-list for REV 2?

Chunners needs things on both wrists. Does anyone use her RedBull costume? Easily her worse one….

Why you hate Tekken7?

Because I respect myself

People like you are why we don't have nice things.

consoles aren't DRM, and you can actually own games on consoles unlike PC. Enjoy your data on a hard drive and easily revoked licenses, cuck.

How's KOF14?

Whatever you say faggot. Nice bait faggot. Do you go into every PC gaming thread and post it? I bet you do. Enjoy paying to play online.

you don't belong here.

whatever you say, console warrior.

How was everybody's Testpunches?

Meh, it's decent 1v1 but mediocre on everything else

Just because SNK keeps nerfing his husbando. But yeah, great tournament. Hope to see the asian top dogs at EVO or maybe the americans, mexicans/chileans/hues and europeans should attend some chinese/japanese tournaments.

That Dechimo guy was fun to watch.

yep

Delicious

???
profit

I liked watching juicebox get bunished by Danke's Zarina.

"There's the pop off. Ohhh, and he's hittin the Heiny"

Are there any more Akatsuki Blitzkampf videos out there? I like Kanae and Alder, so I'm interesting in learning what makes them work. Anyone else like this game?

Who fucking cares about these irrelevant twitter niggers? Let them spout their shitty narratives while Harada continues on with his day not giving a fuck.

Not that I'd disagree with your overall sentiment but that person came 2nd in Combo Breaker. It's not just a random twitter user. Harada will probably still not care, though.
While on that topic… the CM for T7's steam forum just forwarded some of the questions about the release to the devs. 90% of the thread (477 posts) is shitting on denuvo. Place your bets on him omitting those questions.

I do, but I can't find resources to learn Sai.

Well that does change things a bit yeah, what a faggot

DSP called KOF 14 trash.
SNK is over.

oh no

the only thing going for DSP now is that he makes more money on patreon than Spoony.

What is DSP? Dick Sucking Protokike? RIP KOF anyway, you niggers better prefare it a fitting KOFfin

The game isn't released, how is it known how long it is?

Is story mode as short as people are claiming? Is there a tl;dr for 7's story?

review copies have been shipped

Jesus

France is the problem. Let's just say, its FGC is hardly what one would call "native European".

Easily the best part.
I was hyped when I saw a Luong and Yamazaki but they were both kinda bad.

BTFO by a Kula?

How SJW is Injustice 2? Does Supergirl save everyone in the plot somehow? Reform Grodd for good, cure Joker of his mental illnesses?

They changed WonderWomans ass to have spats underneath her leotard and all the women have man jaws and look ugly as sin.

Yellow motion (who is sponsored by tekken now I think or at every least a massive fan) said it can be completed in 2.5 hours if playing on easy. So the cutscene content is definitely small.
In otherwords, be a scrub and keep dying in order to have a 'long' story mode. Can't believe we lost scenario mode for this. twitter.com/Yellow_Motion/status/868109160088580096

Early console copies were sold. Mainly in Peru. People have streamed the whole thing a few times now (then gotten banned).

Can the gear system fix Wonder Woman's outfit and give masks to all the manjaws?

I thought nobody liked scenario mode.

I don't understand, isn't Tekken "story mode" you pick a character, win 10? fights and are rewarded with a one minute or so long cutscene or are they going full on MK/Injustice now?

Green Arrow straight up calls himself a social justice warrior.

It's an actual story mode now, no more beat 8-10 opponents and watch some CG ending that was mindblowing then and funny as fuck now.

Ahaha no

I refuse to believe this
Source?

XD

Lantern calls him one and is slightly disgusted when Arrow says yeah sure whatever.

I loved it
I think it's that new mode they're teasing that will come out later.

Holla Forumsfag friend of mine says Green Arrow was always liberal leaning.

Given his smug attitude I'd believe it.

I loved it

That's classic arcade mode which would reward you with a CG character ending. Arcade mode in T7 is 5 fights that show nothing but the game credits now. Character's now get their own unique fight and small, in-engine cutscene. It's literally 1 fight and 1 scene. T5 had multiple in-game scenes then a CG scene and would change the characters you fight based on which character you're playing. My have we fallen.

Jesus Christ how horrifying. Good thing it was Steve Blum insulting him with it.

Christ, its makes Killer Instinct 3 look better than it is.

I think I saw an image from a green arrow comic where some other female hero called him out on being a so called SJW when he lives in a penthouse with a shitload of money.

Can't make this shit up. Can't fucking make this shit up.

Street Fighter ROMs are not alone in that regard.

Why the fuck does every retard insist that tomboys in fightans are suddenly all tranny fucks?

I don't know why I expected anything else.
The some cutscenes have QTE in them.

Because of mental illness.

tk7.tekken.com/fighters/leo

Leo is a he now, not a tomboy.

It's a whole lot of easy PR for the devs at least.

So what happened to Akuma? Jin? Lars? Is the full story mode leaked onto youtube yet?

Trying to indoctrinate kids when their young and parents to allow the brainwashed kids to ruin their lives

So Leo is now an effeminate man, why do they keep doing this?

That guy and Dechimo were the great surprises in this event.

This guy even like anything? At least he said his reasons? I know MAX mode combos and game speed might not be something for some old purists from the pre-'99 era.

He probably won't ommit anything but Bandai Namco still won't care.

He is and always was in a more literal sense because, you know, he fights being an actual "warrior". His whole motif is the Robin Hood thing to fight crime taking from the evil rich and doing right with the unjust. He and Bruce are both spoiled and loaded on money but Ollie is more lighthearted and somewhat liberal and in many times it all falls in his face.
Now this intro I think is more of a joke. Wonder Woman's case was lazy design considering Ivy still has her ass being displayed She is also the best female design by far making me think the other ones are proposital..

I just saw embed related.
Haven't looked for any other video.

This has to be a giant fuck up.

I distinctly remember Leo being a dude in TTT2.

Huh.

Just watched the VSav tournament. Quite surprised to see a Anakaris player take it.

twitch.tv/videos/147834272

To have a trap.

Because he got bodied on a perfect, silky smooth connection.

Well then you're distinctly wrong.

WTF?

Because the Mishima clan has been "dying" only to show up yet again 6 gorillion times now. Yeah, we know that 7 is supposed to be about the "end of the Mishima bloodline", but as we see anyone blood-related to the Mishimas except Jinpachi returns for 7 while a lot of classic characters with wildly different playstyles (Anna, Lei, Julia) get left out. My prediction is that after a few more games Tekken will still be about massive daddy issues in the Mishima clan and will devolve to the point that in, let's say, Tekken X, the only playable characters will be Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin and any of their bastard children which will pop out of nowhere (like Lars from 6).

Full story mode playthrough of Tekken 7.
The guy playing is trash, even on easy, and the video is only 2:25 hrs.

So much for being optmistic about someone.

It's from the recent Rebirth comic I think. And his gimmick was always that he was a leftard Batman.

looks boring

Harada said all RETURNING tekken characters will be free for everyone. Eliza is pre order DLC but she will be free for everyone after some time (like Tekken Tag 2, where characters unlocked after some time a la old school arcade machines).

Only the two GUEST characters will cost money.

Oh nice, they made a premium skin for Deadshot.:^)

I still swear I played as Deadshot in Injustice 1, when it was really Deathstroke.

Are they even different as far as gameplay?

That whole story mode was retarded, and didn't resolve anything. Holy shit, Lars literally did nothing, and it was so stupid how Harada tried to make Heihachi a DINDUNUFFIN.

Yea, I'm skipping 7.

I've never understood the appeal of the little accessories and stuff either.

All those shitty bitz an' gubbinz make the characters look like they're from some P2W gook grinder.

He actually says this in the comics, so it's not a case of Netherrealm studio injecting their own crap here, but just showcasing the state of comic books today.

Tekken 6 and VF5 had some really amazing accessories and clothes that changed your character's look. You could dress Kuma as a shoto or Heihachi in 6. I understand why custom outfits were limited in Tag 2, but this is 7. Harada has no excuse to half-ass the custom stuff.

The bitz and gubbins were all microtransactions in the arcade version of 7. Players had to buy their chances of getting a shitty bikini or J-Pop costume for some of the girls.

VF5:FS especially has great character customizations, I think it's still the best fighting game when it comes to character customization, it's a crime that no fighting game has managed to beat it and that there's still no PC port of VF5:FS

wait a minute that logo…

This is all I know about Tekken.

I loved T6's hair customization which had multiple parts you could change… T7's is pathetic in comparison

REV2 OST in case anyone's interested:

uploaded.net/file/652e23tb

I'll wait for a mega

Boon is just an employee now, just like Ono or Harada. All of their decisions need to be approved by the higher ups. The thing said about WW, at first they wanted her to show more ass. And they did, in the freaking launch trailer.
But, of course, WB would not want to sexualize the woyming. And you know what, WB Games was also involved in the distribution of SFV in some countries, so, I would no be surprised they were the ones that demanded Cammy and Mika changes too.
Frankly, Injustice 2 could be really better, but I think we are committing the same mistake people do when they blame Bethesda for Zenimax fuck ups, at least in this case.

I'm not defending WB but those changes were 100% on capcom listening to ESPN's demands to get the game broadcasted on their station

Understandable. ESPN is owned by Disney. But WBGames is also involved on SF in the west.
But, right now we are living in an interesting situation: Fighting games are getting big again, and the huge conglomerates will control what we see and play in those cases. I do hope some devs can get their shit together and really maintain some quality on smaller titles. SNK right now is the smaller one, and delivered a pretty solid game in KOF XIV. But I fear that, as they grow bigger, we will see similar changes. I mean, imagine Angel in her Diabla costume, motorboating Mai on a Disney channel?

why would you not just upload this to mediafire or mega

Also:
Then I remember the DLC characters and game modes.
This might be an episodic story mode that you expand through patch / DLC.

Fuck, a small part of me wants to like this game, but the rage art, new characters, art style, anatomy of the women, half-ass customization (some of those items should have been in Tekken 6), over hyped story mode with shitty QTE..

Not even Leo is enough to entice me to want to play this, holy fuck.

I don't know anything about Tekken. How do rage arts work and why are they a bad thing?

I haven't played T7 myself, but from what I see in videos.
When you lose enough heath you enter rage mode, indicated by your lifebar glowing red.
In rage mode, you can perform a super move that starts off slow but grants your character a few frames that take less damage and no push back.

This is just part of the reason why eSports is cancer and we must resist it with all our might. Apart from the fact that they use it as an excuse to censor our games, eSports in of itself benefits ABSOLUTELY NO ONE in the gaming community, it's just a contrivance designed by suits to sell more monitors and energy drinks. It destroys the spirit of these games and the players for money and nothing else.

It doesn't help that after 2+ years of hyping up "the final battle" the last fight between Heihachi and Kazuya ends with what is basically Heihachi's Tekken 2 ending, but with the roles reversed.

Yeah it came from that time where he had the Arrow car and his side kick. Everyone called him a Batman clone so they gave him his leftism to make him stand out.

It's always obnoxious as fuck.

The Story Mode left a bitter taste in my mouth. Heihachi was a soulless dick through every Tekken game, and suddenly he's an Antihero-DINDUNUFFIN?! Fuck you, Harada.. It was also retarded how Claudio was the only new character used in that Story Mode. You'd think Shaheen and Chloe would have a role with Harada getting butt-hurt over the Chloe backlash.

Not even Kuma can make me play this game.

More like Tekken 1's ending in HD. Because.

Arteezy, Dendi, and everyone else in ASSFAGGOT esports have no problem with suits ruining games.

The worst genre of game ever created. Not surprised they have no problem with parasites; they haven't know anything else.

Looks like we've all been wrong about sfv

You become entitled the moment you pay for something, remember that is the publishers that owe the paying customers, not the other way around, we owe them NOTHING.
This is a culture problem, publishers are pushing this idea that we are "fans" and not customers, supposedly meaning that we should support them no matter what and give them shekels for every piece of shit they throw at us, because that's "what real fans do".
fuck that shit.
If anything the publishers are the entitled ones, they want those 60/70 bucks no matter how bad, unpolished, buggy, empty, short, lacking and incomplete their game is, and they have the nerve to ask more money for "additional" content that for that price, should have been included since day one.
So, who really feels entitled!?

Archive plz
>implying SFEX2+ isn't the best in the series

that fact that every pro player shits on the game cracks me up

I feel bad for the devs on the team that actually know what's wrong and want to fix it but capcom won't let them

is this a ruse

Totally agree. Story mode was very disappointing and the Heihachi "reason", at this point, is simply ridiculous. They just keeping looping and looping the same shit. Never ends and never gets Interesting . But, you know, people will still defend this, buy the game and praise Harada.

Not exactly. The poison were formed when they mixed ASSFAGGOTS with F2P.
And the whole genre got stuck in a feud between two companies. And one is fucking Steam!

Indeed, we should be served by the comapnies, we pay for those games, and services.
But wider audiences are easy to treat like hoard. That's why they use famous people to sell stuff, they are easier to recognise, and people care less about the product.
Right now, I hope smaller companies will deliver good products and use the word of mouth to sell it. We should not expect anything from the bigger playes ATM.
But, talking about fighters, seems like the PC version of KoFXIV runs really smoothly, but the port could have some more graphic options.

the only thing similar is the hair color in that pic, shermie is a slut, leona a strong womyn and b jenny is a mean bitch

What the fuck did they even do? I thought the whole point of this bullshit was because he wanted the devil gene for himself or something.

Since ass face didn't archive here we go;
archive.is/cfLS3

All this padding, all this subjective shit, all that shilling and all these blatant lies.

I didnt think you wanted to read it so badly

Fucking supers?
This is satire or whatever, right?

Who do they think they're fooling? My favorite part is
You just know they wanted to say online play but not even that works.

I have an addiction to damage control posts and articles

Good God. This is too much. Are you 100% sure that this is not a joke article?

WAIT NO, THIS IS BETTER.
EIGHT
FUCKING
FRAMES

(shreked em)
doing god's work. Crazy that "people" drop $60 for broken, incomplete games.

Its not a joke

even now after they've reduced the lag its still higher then sf4 was on 360. Its around 6.5 now and sf4 was 5.1

It all makes sense now.

There's a difference between.

Buying something what's on offer =/= Buying a service

Buying into a service grants entitlement. Buying a product is not the same thing because I have a choice to buy or not to buy what is already there.

Stop grasping at straws, you're making yourself look pathetic.

I'd be okay with experiencing nuclear fallout if that meant Toronto would be destroyed

Now that's something new.

The good thing is that you guys can easily throw them off their game. They don't play outside their top tiers, they don't experiment with other characters. That makes how to deal with them much easier much like OU in Pokemon

I bet you are one of those "muh hype! day one!" corporate whore retards.
Go back to reddit, because you are clearly part of the problem.

He couldn't even take 5 seconds to Google the name of 3S or any other fg series. Also what the fuck is this grammar and writing style, it's garbage even if what he was saying was true

It contradicted everything about Heihachi's character: he's an ass-hole who would kill his own family if it meant it gave him power.

This is a joke, right?

Hasn't that one Mexican been tearing XIV up with that huge robot demon nigger? Verse?

What is being offered is good enough for me or how you put it my money's worth. If you don't think it's value for your money then that's fine but at least get your facts straight on the things your trying to argue me with because what you were doing was grasping at straws.

The bitrate is all over the place on these files, they're all around 270-290 kbps, do you anons still want this?

It' still not okay for Harada, Ono, and other developers/companies to keep doing shady shit that screws customers and fans over. Doing nothing about it is just as bad as supporting them. You're the one making yourself look bad.

No it doesn't. If a business owner buys your parts to make his business run better, you owe it to him that the parts are giving him what he needs. You owe him the services he paid for if he's having trouble. You are granted entitlement to his money, and whether or not he wants to promote your business. It's not the other way around. He has the right to be pissed off if he got screwed over by your shitty business practices, calling you out on it. He has the right to take action if your parts damaged his business and profits. You don't just flip the customer the middle finger if he's unhappy with your services.

The whole point is: Harada and developers are granted entitlement for receiving our money. We shouldn't feel entitled for buying a shitty, incomplete game full of sleazy disc-locked content and microtransactions.

You're supporting sleazy practices. You're part of the problem.

Pics related.

Sure.

You need to get it out of your heads that you have no authority on what is value for money. I made a choice where that line is for me which is different from yours. What's happening here is that you two can't deal with my decision on it and try attacking me from every angle even going as far to using other games shitty practices over my purchase of Tekken 7. Any more straws you're going to try and grasp at?

Every decision must hold up to the question of "what would happen if everyone behaved like m?" If you're okay with being corporate livestock, that's your business, but don't pretend to be moral about it.

I've got it for PS4, why should I give a shit about a platform I don't care about?

mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc

Don't talk that way about my fightfu.

what if NRS deliberately made bad models with wonky animations to stay true to the low standards and poor drawing present in modern superhero comics?

because being who you are isn't good enough if it doesn't act in reinforcement of their ideological milestones. are you a relatively happy, mentally sound individual who occasionally engages in activities/mannerisms that are not the stereotypical embodiment of masculinity/femininity? unacceptable! take hormones, throw away your health, mind and economic stability; form a lifelong dependency on illegal pharmaceuticals so that you too can help support the oppression narrative!
bricks literally pull this shit every day on fags who pass better than them

is there any footage of the costumes you get from the (((deluxe edition))) yet? does it offer any tangible advantage over the standard version outside of the promise of content/characters we know nothing about. i just want cute outfits and tekkenball

So with Tekken 7 finally getting out, we'll get news on a new Soulcalibur game r-right?
It'll probably be shit anyways, but I'd like to believe there's still hope.

El Rosa uses Verse. Romace's Nakoruru is good.

*Romance

fwiw, solid turn out for SoulCalibur2 at Combo Breaker. Got sick of all the xianghua tho.

kek, i hope goybox lingers around in suspended animation. don't let this lolcow die!

I wish xian was just a little less OP, then SC2 would probably be considered the most balanced fighting game.

pokemon-matome.net/articles/140266.html
translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/140266.html&edit-text=&act=url
serebii.net/index2.shtml

Pokken switch port potentially got leaked

Do they end up porting smash 4 as well? I don't care really, but they gotta look at the money they could make and it is likely a smash 5 won't make release during the switch's life time given current Nintendo.

One Dawn?

Mods! imgur.com/a/4ux67

Kula is the kyutto

Don't bitch about video games and sleazy practices if you're going to hypocritically support them. The only one that's grasping straws is you trying to defend Denuvo and sleazy, day-one disc-locked content. You're still wrong saying we're supposed to be entitled to shitty, incomplete games, shill.

How in the fuck I'm I supporting Denuvo when I've brought the PS4 version? I have never once in this thread ever thrown my support of it. Stop grasping at straws.

As for supporting sleazy practices let me state again that with the release of Tekken 7, the content that's in it is enough for me personally. It's not everything that I want but it's good enough. You just can't fucking handle it that someone has a slightly lower acceptable level of content than you.

That doesn't mean I support similar practices on other games. For example with the shit that happened around SFxT I waited until the price dropped due to the fragmented nature of it only to find later that there was so much fragmented stuff that I simply refused to buy it as I though I was not going to get the complete package. Another is Ubisoft's The Crew where it looked like a spiritual successor to Fuel only to find out it's online only, which I refuse to buy or any other game for that matter that does that. Even a game like For Honour would have been right up my street but the under the hood issues, little single player content and having to pay money for basically an online game is simply too little for me.

So fuck off with your accusations of hypocrisy, I've been very clear where my stance is, you've just got a stick so far up your arse that you simply refuse to accept it.

Unless it has all the arcade characters and 4 or 6 more characters I won't care. Even then it won't be enough for me to shell out on a switch. Fucking kikes for now bringing the arcade characters to the wii u version, the dead system is a bullshit excuse when the fucking game sold more than SFV.

Calling it now; they'll announce a smash 4 port at e3 with it being released in the holiday season to push units easily.

And yet that burguer who won had to give up his Mian over Benimaru and pick Gang-Il who is a better Kim while that mexican kept using Verse even after the 2.0 big nerfs he received. Layec came in 3rd using Shun'ei, who got nerfs ever since the demo, a gutted version of Ryo I blame XIII for that and Vice.

As for tiers, they can vary depending on who is making the tier list. There's simply no consensus about the DLC characters.

I know I'm one to critic XIII but what the fuck was that review? I don't even get what he meant for Kyo's DM.

Damn, where are the lightining/shader mods for XIV PCfags?

I just hope they don't listen to Aris and other fags and ditch everything SCV did good like streamline characters moves, make each one feels different, 8-way run and character creation make HEX edit modifications available to regular play. Those crazy customs were baller. I mean, going back to SC2 style could be great but I don't know if the casuals would want a more defensive game. Maybe instead of a super meter, make EX moves tied to soul charge. I didn't like how supers were implemmented in V but can't deny casuals love those cinematic stuff so maybe also tie to soul charging or make a comeback feature with red health not a fan of that last one but meter management wasn't well received either.
Also instead of bring back Hoshino's waifu from the dead, make Elysium a full Sophitia clone, bring back Cassandra from the sword dimension to take care of her slightly younger nephews (and keep a Sword&Shield style with more shield moves) along with a milf Setsuka, older Talim, make Taki a malfested/corrupted so she still looks young and Zazalamel with his scythe style. Maybe have non canon/flashback story of the koreans because I honestly don't know what to do with Seong Mi-na and Yun Seong and their new generation counterparts have more potential with a "journey to find Kilik and Taki" storyline.
And bring back Chronicles of the Sword mode with all those different styles for CaS.

One day you'll get the respect you deserve. One day you'll get your rekkas back.

I can see that your stance is shitty games, which doesn't surprise me.

both o ya'll mugs beta cut dis shit out b4 ya'lll triflin ass niggas make me lose mah cool up in here, up in here

One of her short swords is demon possessed and has a fragment of Soul Edge melded into it.
YES PLEASE
Just have the new kids as special unlocks or bonus characters, I'd rather have the older characters any day of the week.
THIS, fucking so much.

Also, if they'll decide to get a guest character, I'd vote for pic related with her actual moves and not some Setsuka clone.

Mian is too pure for that shit.

Not surprised Kula's on top now, especially after seeing CB. Is she THE top tier now? Didn't see as many Leonas and K's as I was expecting.

Fuck what the casuals want. SC had a nice unique thing going for it but the more sequels it got, the more it became like every other FG.
I love SC; the first SC is my favorite 3D fighter and 2nd favorite fighter after Nightwarriors/Vampire Hunter and it's with much love that I hope the series stays dead.

Every single fucking month since September 2016 the game has been on sale for 50% or higher at least once. This is beyond pathetic.

Leona got nerfed hard enough to get her knocked out of best character in the game tier with the 2.00 patch

Well, I've found this one early today.
Anyways, can you recommend some less well know titles? I will try some of those from Konami today.

Why is this happening? Something wrong with the matchmaking system currently or are there actually people who deliberately cripple their connection after entering a match? Also, for some reason a lot of them seem to be playing as if it was nothing even though 10F latency makes the game almost unplayable for me.

Speaking of DRM, SNK put a bunch of their games on GOG.com.
archive.is/uJK4b
No clue if they're the DotEMU ports or actual fresh ports, but DotEMU isn't listed on the product pages.

Sweet. My vidya budget is pretty drained from tekken, nekopara, vanquish and bayonetta but I'd love to grab these sometime.

They're cheap almost all w/ linux support. Ok fuck it, getting em' if anyone can confirm if they have proper online support. Does it link with steam via galaxy? Direct IP connect?

Hold out until someone confirms if they're the DotEMU ports or not. Those ports were trash

Hope there's confirmation before the sale ends.

How long until it gets a 100% permanent discount if you catch my drift?

Well DotEMU said they have no involvement, I'm still gonna wait it out to see if they aren't repackaged ports.
archive.is/8ruN7

Okay they're just the repackaged dotemu ports, don't bother with them unless you feel like paying for roms to use in mame
archive.is/WMcWF#selection-5251.1-5251.76

I'm thinking It's either going F2P after EVO or before they start shitting out season 3.

Whorish amounts of DLC is a good thing?

Aw fuck. Welp thanks for the warning.

FGs seem great as F2P but they just always fail. I had 300+ hours on Rise of Incarnates but Bamco pulled the plug. Major dissapointment.

Reminder that now's your last chance to get Eliza gratis.

Oh boy. The MvC Infinite shitstorm commeth

- Ryce confirmed over on neogaf that MvC Infinite is launching with 28(!) characters in September + 6 launching by December as part of the Season pass
-Characters confirmed that are gone on Capcom side: Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Haggar and Phoenix Wright
- X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Ms. Marvel will miss 2017 DLC. Likely 2018 (And Capcom's planning a ton of it)
- One returning MvC2 character in 2017 DLC and one in Base game
- Only 4 more newcomers never in a VS game in Base game to be revealed

Capcom managed to fuck this one up too.

It was clear that they were gonna fuck it up the moment they announced it was gonna be released this year. They're rushing it out because SFV is doing terribly.

Like there was any doubt they wouldn't.

I don't know why this upsets me so much.

If Capcom won't excise the cancer that is the burger branch, they'll die with it.

Hibiki or Haohmaru/someone from SamSho would be great as guests.
As for old or new counterparts, if they go for I2 premium skins routes, we can have both of them. I was just questioning on story purposes because I don't want more of the same "Edge is evil and Calibur is good" we had before IV again.

Well, Soul Calibur big push was always for a more storydriven narrative and many singleplayer aspects to the point of releasing a console version before it made to the arcades like III onwards. Casuals were always the main target.
My problem with the series is that the main guy behind the IP is the Lost Swords faggot who is a major waifufag for Sophitia. I'm afraid of they doing a soft reboot/going blindly backwards on the story/gameplay just to have the old characters back instead of just listen to the feedback V had, take what it did right and do a new game. But on the other hand new characters like Natsu and Pyrrha are actually well liked by Japan being feature in other smaller/crossover games. I mean, it's not like the old games didn't had pretty retarded stuff.

Yes and no, I would place her behind Iori who received retarded buffs like being able to supercancel his dp. People just respect too much Kula's strings. Leona, K' and Robert got the short end of the stick in the 2.00 patch. Specially with the standardized MAX cancel run for Robert.

For a second I thought it was the 98UMFE/2002UM without DRM. Maybe XIV will get one someday.

And so is my interest in the game.

Nigga capcom as a whole is broken.

About the weird inputs, we were talking about that in a previous thread and as I said, a thing that irks me in 3D fighters is balancing moves by making the input difficult. IMHO that's poor game design.
As for a new game, I just want a game that captures the more toned down charm of the first game both in character design and gameplay. I also don't look the fact the series gradually lost what made it unique but I already pointed out. The one thing that's apparently "casual" I wish it kept are GIs; I just like the back and forth moments they can generate. When I say "fuck the casuals", I should clarify I'm mostly against including a bunch of superfluous shit like supers or overtly flashy things; I really dislike how the character creator evolved to include a bunch of shit that completely breaks the tone but I can be a stick in the mud in that regard.
Overall, I admit I put the first game in a pedestal. I was very invested in the characters and the world building (a lot of detail tying it to historical events and people like Yoshimitsu having his arm cut off by Oda Nobunaga) and was one of the few games that I managed to get my friends to play (not having to teach them how to do QCFs or whatever helped). And Ivy really got my motor running.

Mostly but I think they still have some genuine talent that is being stifled by Capcom's obsession with the Western market and, judging from a lot of the decisions in SFV, it seems CoA is tainting the well even further.

I hope you're aware that the first game was Soul Edge or Soul Blade if you weren't in Japan.
That game already had supers back then, it consumed the guard meter, when empty your weapon would break and you'd have to finish the game hand to hand.

*Finish the round

I know. Sadly never got to play it though.

Too bad, I can't say if you'd like it.
It's it's own game, but at the end of the day, it's a heavily modded Tekken 2.
Moon jumps and knock downs that take way too long than they should.
Still fun, and the game really has a good atmosphere that was just absent from later games IMO.

Music's really good so I guess I still got something out of it.
But that's the thing, the game started as Tekken with swords, then grew to be its own thing and then gradually ditched said "own thing" to be like Tekken again and, eventually, like most fighting games.
I think SC2 had a good balance. I prefer the first but SC2 fine tuned a lot of things and IMHO hit a optimal point of where characters move sets should stay. Characters I played (Ivy, Astaroth and Voldo) felt their funnest in that version. SCIII made move sets absurdly inflated with fluff.

I think how they toned down the aesthetic and designs in V compared to IV was fine to good.

As for CaS, I'm more of "give the player what he wants" if he wants to do crazy shit, let him be but if he doesn't want to see crazy shit, put something for him too (toggle default CaS maybe?). But I would go further and let edit intros, outros and taunts. CaS styles like in III would be a welcomed return.
I'm also not a fan of supers but if even Tekken got now, I'll just pray for Virtua Fighter doesn't have them in the future. I will just hope for a better implementation. As for GI, it worked better in II because of the move cancel thing into guard so you could bait a lot but as the series progressed to be have a more agressive style, GI were near broken. I think a DOA-esque counter style would be better as GI+direction would work depending on said direction pressed and the attack to be deflected (but not being able to do during hitstun like DOA). For example, back+GI for horizontal attacks, forward+GI for vertical and df+GI for low hits but none would work on kicks.
I would say me being used to do King's Double Strikes helped a lot to play and main the Alexandra family and their Angel Steps.

Where? SCV has more "2D" stuff yes, but 8-way run is completely different than how Tekken movement works and make the game to be truly 3D with its movement on offense and defense. SC2 also had useless stuff in movesets and I rather have the more objective way SCV did with a lot of characters. Just wish the likes of Tira weren't random still.

is this X from rugrats threads?

My blackest nigger

It started out pretty well with Mitsurugi and Ziggy but then it just went downhill very quickly but to each their own. Again, I prefer simpler stuff.
Unrelated to the art direction, but the graphics in IV-V always bugged me. Everyone looks really pale and with huge bags under their eyes.

It started with SC3 by including the new stun mechanic that put a bigger focus on combos and a big increase on the time it took to get up (though the game felt overall considerably sped up).

is there only a deluxe version of GG Rev 2 on steam? I'm gonna double dip ps4 and steam but I can't seem to find a deluxe version on ps4, only on steam. Is the physical ps4 disk the deluxe version, justifying it's 40$ price?

The 40$ version is Revelator+Rev2 for people who don't already own Revelator.

steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817837613121744/

Ok own up, which one of you did this

lol
archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43

It's either bullshit or he'll be so toned down, I'll wish it were bullshit.

That said, the rest is so blasé, I'm inclined to believe it's true.

Wow this one snuck up on me. Guess that's what happens when I don't check in on these threads.

Ed story.

That's… bland. So, who's defending this anyway?

user, I must ask for the source of that webm.

eureka seven, next time use saucenao

Harambe lives

Drones as usual and hardcore FGC people that eat anything up.
Lots of people said they've lost interest or are canceling pre-orders if it's true, you just know they'll forgive them once their favorite character is announced for DLC

Monstergirl Quest had better key art than this. Poor Bengus.

I really wish he'd leave capcom, you just know he can still draw well it's just capcom rushing shit out that's fucking it over

Well, this is still in development.

That's awful and makes no sense.
I only hope it's fake just so Capcom can at least retain a little bit of credibility.

Why?

They are holding good franchises hostage and if they die, those IPs might go to even shittier people.

I really hope this doesn't get abandoned, it already looks great

It makes perfect sense; keep the characters that people want the most off the main roster to sell as DLC since Marvelfags eat up anything

And giving them the benefit of the doubt or smiley stickers for everything they've done so far will help revive those IPs to their former glory?

Staying with Capcom they will be shit, and going with any other company that has the money to buy those IPs will be shit. The videogame industry has hundreds of IPs in this lose-lose situation and you should have already come to terms with that truth.
Do you really want Capcom to continue dangling the dead corpse of those IPs in your face or just let them rest in peace?

They'd be ignored by even shittier people.

Cant be to many people left working on it with animations like this.

Did NRS animators get hired by capcom recently?

So around 28 characters at launch. Capcom is absolutely stupid to release this game with so little because lets face it, the MVC series is not complex or deep when it comes to movesets. It should be mid 30 at least.

Technically 30 since Sigma and a Marvel character are confirmed tol be day one DLC :^)

Damn I thought KoF would at least be more popular than Marvel twitter.com/MrWiz/status/869757434314629121

its a mod

I thought that was the shitty air throw they had given Cammy

It's not a mod though. I'll give you the benefit of doubt, and assume you somehow did not yet realize there is no limit to capcom's incompetence.

Christ, for a minute I thought that was one of those camera hacks where they zoom the camera out during a super move.

Wow, that is… incredibly uninteresting. I honestly wasn't expecting the game to be [CURRENT YEAR] vs. [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL?], but I kind of wish it was so there'd actually be something interesting about this roster. That's what, 6 new characters there? Pathetic.

Sigma and Venom are supposedly the first in the 2017 character pass, but it's hazy after that according to Ryce.

At the same time. Neogaf has no verification any more and one of the guys who originally leaked it claimed it was Playstation Exclusive (And turned out to be full of shit). So it's 50/50 if it's real or Capcom is trying to fish out leakers.

I'd heard from a friend involved in running KOF that it was doing real bad, they were struggling to get sign ups and really hoping for walk ups on the day. It will do well on Steam cause Mexi-Hype and it's a great game to watch. But it has way lower entrants than Killer Instinct and Tekken 7 last year.

Y'all have to give it your power. Shill the heck out of it.

I want to kiss Kula on the mouth!

This real? this entire lineup and game is just a fucking advertisement for Marvel capeshit movies looking at that roster

The most fun games are always the least popular, just look at VF5 last gen

NEW THREAD

Damn it just leave him alone already