Saturday Night Horror Thread

Then who was phone?!

Other urls found in this thread:

inatsuka.com/extra/kemonofriends.exe/
youtu.be/E0rPcV3b0kM?t=2h7m10s
gitgud.io/Blank/ShareThreadPasta/blob/master/PC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One first and final miserable self-bump

Its more then feels because people really died.

Can a game be spooky is it has multiplayer at all? Maybe up to 4 people?

DOOM 3. It's way better than I thought it would be, since everyone always goes out of their way to shit on it really hard. The level layout, although way more linear compared to 1 and 2 is really well done, every room feels unique and memorable, it's very easy to remember where everything is/where to go. The lighting is absolutely fantastic, it sets the mood so perfectly, I've stopped quite a few times just to sit there and admire it, this is a 13 year old game by the way. The encounter design is pretty good for the most part, it doesn't have ridiculous enemy counts, but that was really only a thing in DOOM 2 and Slaughtermaps. It makes up for it by making the enemies take more damage, which gives it more of a Quake type feel which I really like, it also makes the enemies feel more intimidating.

I didn't mind checking the PDA since I went into the game with the mindset of playing a more slower paced action horror game instead of 3D DOOM 2 and I felt it did a good job of getting me more immersed. Having to switch to the flashlight didn't seem like much of an issue either, having to choose between sight and being offensively prepared made things really interesting, and checking an enemies position then wildly firing into the dark was fun and tense. The monster closets and ambushes are only a problem if you play with a controller or suck at FPS in general, you have a mouse so you should be able to reliably 180 in a split second. Enemy type variety is great and put to really good use, but they do have a few flaws. They teleport in way too slow, its extremely easy to just walk up and blast the fuck out of them before they can do anything.

Weapons sound great and feel satisfying to use, the game also encourages you to switch it up constantly, though the shotgun does still see more use than others unfortunately. I'd say it does deserve the title of DOOM, if they got rid of the PDA, bumped up the movement speed and opened the levels up a bit more it really wouldn't feel that different from playing 1. Also I played with pm_walkspeed 300 and used the sprint for my walk key lol.

Do you guys consider DOOM 3 a horror game or does this post belong in the DOOM general thread?

Does S.T.A.L.K.E.R. count as horror?

big fucking deal, it's going to keep happening as long as people are too afraid of being branded racist to prevent it

the game was likely going to be delayed anyway, the manchester bombing is just a convenient excuse and no normalfag is going to complain about it, "because people really died"

Dreamcast had some underrated horror games.

Doom 3 is much more of a horror game than a Doom game.

Also

K I L L E R M A N
I
L
L
E
R
M
A
N

Daemon tools don't work?

Oh shit. I never even thought about that.
Thanks for reminding me.

Not really. Not in the traditional sense, anyway. You can't really built up any suspense if you have some faggot screaming "BRO THIS IS SCARY AS FUKC BRO XDDD" at all times.

Horror does, amongst other things, rely on a feeling of isolation. Only thing I could imagine with a pseudo-MP would be a game where you never directly meet or communicate with other players, but only find their notes or the consequences of their actions.

that's fucking spooky dude

imagine seein that shit in the woods one night

I'd imagine I would be robbed.

That’s why firearms exist.

I finally beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore difficulty and unlocked the Finger Gun because of it. Beating the game like that made me feel great. Using FG makes me feel like a literal God. I am become death.

Hardcore run ended up being 7 hours.
Zealot NG+ ended up at only 2 hours 40 minutes.

How is Friday the 13th? Worth a look?

Have a kind of heh eversion-wannabe fangame.
inatsuka.com/extra/kemonofriends.exe/
I know your first instinct as someone who isn't computer illiterate is to distrust anything named ".exe" but that's how the dumb nip named it.

Yeah, doom 3 isn't bad for what it was trying to do, there's just no denying it barely belongs in the series at all.

I think I may reinstall it. I just wish it didn't have the horrid third game tainting the canon… though I suppose we could just treat it like Alien 3 and pretend it never happened.

Goddamn. I have both games and haven't played either in years.

Prey was similar, but not nearly as nerve wrecking.

Will anything ever compare to this masterpiece of a franchise?

I don't play many horror games.
lol, that reminds me of this: youtu.be/E0rPcV3b0kM?t=2h7m10s
What is is with women & supernatural shit?

anyone know where I can download Silent Hill 2,3, and 4 for pc?

just buy a cheap, used PS2 slim and the games. should be no more that 50 bucks, if you know where too look

There were subtle environmental details that didn't show up at all on the ps2 and xbox version. The trade off and bitch is getting the PC versions all patched up so that they work properly. I had them all working on my computer but recently lost everything due to a memory issue.

gitgud.io/Blank/ShareThreadPasta/blob/master/PC
2 and 3 are in here at least.

Have you played this little gem? Have you played Ice-Pick Lodge games in general?

Maybe I'm having a brain fart here, but how do I get these to work?

I have it but never went very far because I kept failing to catch the girl in the forest. Is there a trick to it ? Is it really that important ?

I started playing it yesterday but I'm having trouble figuring out how to not fuck up. I'm trying to explore the house but the ghosts roam too quickly for me to turn on light or fix the holes in the walls.

cool, thanks

They are mega links, just in the format the share thread uses, they work with megadownloader basically. I'm not actually sure if they still work, I just went to the big pasta OP and checked if SH was in there.

I had a pretty depressing thought this morning that was pretty horrifying.

You know how they were teaching kids in like grade 4 how to pray to allah, as part of the curriculum in Britain? What if theyve already given up?

I'd be really impressed if I didn't know that IPL could do a hell of a lot better, a game as short and simple as Knock-knock can only be disappointing to their fans. Still looking forward to their official third game after they finish the new Pathologic.

You sort of have to sneak up on her from one layer in front of her, you can tell by her silhouette.
I can't remember the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure it's necessary to get the good ending. It's one of the easiest ways to get the items necessary to get the good ending, anyway.

That's half the battle, it's not a particularly hard game but it's esoteric. Just imagine you're playing hide and seek with a really petulant child who keeps making up arbitrary rules.

Played it. 2edgy4me.

Nothing I have too many unfinished games
Siren. Amazing game so far. I know some of the puzzles are bullshit because of adventure game logic. But I just circumvented the 'wet towel' puzzle with just quick reflexes and brute force so the game is more flexible than I was led to believe.

Trying to find a way to get my PS2 to run the PAL version of Siren 2. Don't want to software emulate and the hard drive thing seems like a lot of work for just one game.

aaand got them all installed and working again. That was a lot less painful than last time.

Man I need that statue.

I just settled for the figma myself. 200 dollars is a bit too much for a figure in my book.

>>>/ara/4705

:^)

Yeah it's kind of edge for the sake of edge. It has the merit of being the only KF fangame released at the moment and the second playthrough is better but that's kinda it.

(checked)
Being a survival horror fan truley is suffering.

For me it'd be DS1 > DS2 in terms of hard it fucks my shit up. DS2's hardcore difficulty is more difficult than DS1's survivalist but only because you get 3 saves for the entire game and no checkpoints. However DS1 manages to fuck my shit up because I can't stand closed in spaces, and the Ishimura is filled with them. However it's not so bad once you figure out enemy behavior/spawns and utilize the tools the developers gave you to your advantage. It helps, but it's still stressful trying not to forget everything.

What am I supposed to do here?

You just have to fall into the pit several times until the rock at the end disappears, if memory serves.

You were right, I needed just one more fall.

Well shit, I've had DS2 sitting on my hdd for a while now. Might as give it another play through. Any suggestions on primary weapons or should I be the usual big dick G and run the javelin?

Plasma Cutter all the way.

I usually run with the plasma cutter, line gun, pulse rifle, and use my fourth slot for the contact beam or situational stuff

I didn't realize there was a second playthrough. Managed to get the good (?) ending where you give the serval your hand, but I cannot into moonrunes so I have no idea what's going on.

It depends on your playstyle really and for me I use certain weapons for certain chapters/rooms because it makes it far more manageable on a difficulty like Zealot or Hardcore.

I never used the seeker rifle, jav gun, pulse rifle or flamethrower because they're expensive to upgrade, use a lot of ammo in regards to the pulse rifle and flamethrower, and don't do any real AoE (Jav/Pulse do have it but on Hardcore you're essentially wasting ammo with the alt fire).

Line Gun for it's alt fire. If the alt fire is upgraded by 4 nodes it'll kill a brute in one shot and does huge AoE splash.
Ripper up until chapter 7 or 8. It's good for saving ammo for more expensive/important weapons and it works extremely well against smaller enemies.
Force Gun is for the drill ride sequence and one airlock trick I do. If the damage is fully maxed it kills stalkers in 2 hits from the main fire, alt fire hits like a truck.
Detonator is probably my bread and butter. I pretty much use it anytime I need to set up traps and the best part is it's a 1 hit kill deployed and the ammo is extremely easy to find.
Contact Beam is pretty much for the elevator ride and the end of the game. Fully upgraded it makes the boss fight at the end trivial.

I pretty much only use the plasma cutter until chapter 3 and I sell it. Some people prefer to keep it, but I don't.

Where did Silent Hill 3 take place in? You only go to Silent Hill around 3 or 4 hours in, and it made me wonder how the otherworld was able to spread that far, or how that monster was able to kill Harry.

There are three playthroughs with a fourth one that doesn't change much from the second. I can't into nip myself but I was told the dialogue at the end of the second is basically serval telling you you're friends again. Then she mentions her and the Friends live in a box and that you should never open it. Upon starting the game again, she cries and says "why ?". That was the point where I dropped it but presumably it only goes edgier from there.

Damn…I really want more deadspace.1 and 2 were (mostly) excellent and even 3 had some areas where it shined.

Reasonably somewhere relatively close to Silent Hill, although it raises the question of why Harry wouldn't have moved further away from that place. The spiritual power is geographically tied to the town but it has some reach outside of there (James received a manifested letter even though he lives in a different town), and that power is probably magnified by a powerful psychic like Alessa, so the manifestations are centered around her, instead of the mists of the lake. The canonical explanation I've heard is that the nightmares are being manifested from the god living in Heather's womb.

Keep in mind that the original scenario writer for SH1 and 2 had a different script for 3 that wasn't used, and somebody else ended up writing for 3.

imagine shooting at that thing at night, and it doesn't even blink…

I've been playing Still Life and was really hoping for more horror and more forensics. Anything that has more autistic forensics?

You mean apart from Condemned ? There's always the CSI licensed games I suppose, I tried one and it wasn't too bad. Not horror though, obviously.

Alright, I'll look into those. I thought a bit more about it and there's also the Sherlock games but I've played those.

Exercise caution of course but that looks worth trying for the aesthetic.

Just in case the other thread gets deleted.
It's not a horror game, but it came close with how it freaked me out yesterday.
So, I was playing Breath of the Weiner, trying to mount a horse, and the ground started to have dark smoke coming out of it, miasma you can say. My Wii U gamepad started having what I can only assume was the controllers version of a seizure and it wouldn't stop vibrating. I started to hear distorted voices of gibberish, and it was making my horse REFUSE to gallop, leaving me on the ground, as I was being cornered by lizards and tall lanky bokoblins. The controller was still spazzing the fuck out and now it was getting even darker, I had NO IDEA what the fuck was going on. I was frantically moving the camera around trying to evade enemies when I faced the sky and the moon looked like a fucking blood clot.'
I freaked the fuck out because the game never game me any hints or foreshadowing of what this was, and I swear to god it was going to give me some creepypasta like shit. Link became even slower and there were so many enemies, and my horse JUST left me.
That's how I learned about the Blood Moon through a scripted scene. It caught me off guard, honestly. Really cool idea, especially after walking in nothingness for like half an hour. Never expected something like that in the game, I know it's basically temporary hard mode, but the way they implemented really caught me off guard.
Gave me a huge majoras mask vibe. Wish the game had a better story though, everything they tell me is pretty much "Ganon is evil. We have to stop him" but reiterated with different characters. Kinda sucks, but the gameplay is fun. If a little empty. Wish this game had a hookshot and older zelda items tbh.

I don't think so.

It's amazing really, once you know where everything is and what to expect this game becomes a really comfy game to speed through in a couple hours. I wish more horror games focused on replay value as much as this series.

I've been sort of and not really on a mission to find more horror games for people here to check out even if they're not good, has anyone found anything /new/?

Anyone else played the infectious madness of Dr Dekker? I know it's meme tier-not-a-real-video-game to most people but I've finished it and I was wondering what other people who actually played it thought?

Siren, maybe?

Also SH4 > 2 > 1 > 3.

siren no not really, it's very direct and not as 2deed4u

That shit never fails to make me laugh.

Someone should drop this one in one of those hell holes

Hell yeah, congrats man

Never tried using the detonator much, but I see how it's very useful, will have to go back and give it a shot

Well it's not for cave diving specifically, but in Subnautica, cave diving is definitely a dangerous endeavor.